NATION

PASSWORD

Homicidal Materialism (Survival Horror/Comedy-ish RP/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Das Metro
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Homicidal Materialism (Survival Horror/Comedy-ish RP/OOC)

Postby Das Metro » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:25 pm

It started as a social experiment.

A private corporation, known as Azrael Science and Technology wanted to look into one of the most base, simple human emotions. Fear. They wanted to know how the human brain processed it, the very essence of fear... Now, the Russian government liked that.

They practically threw money at Azrael Sci. and Tech., and in three years, a massive laboratory, and research center was up and ready in the Caucasus Mountains. Doctors were brought in from all over the world for what was sure to be the next revolutionary step in science. They didn't know what they were signing up for, but the paycheck was fat, and there were promises of fame. Good enough for most.

The first tests were simple atmospheric experiments... though those scientists found something that must of gave way to some interest, because things were hushed up after that. No reporters, no visiors, just the volunteers, and the staff.

That was six years ago, and the Russian government's patience was being tested. They were promised to be accredited with the next big thing, and all they had was a huge hole in their treasury to show for it. Threats were made, the project was to be shut down, but then the head scientist, a woman by the name of Doctor Misha Cooper, said they were on the verge of a breakthrough, brought on a whole bakers dozen of new staff for some unnamed purpose, and put up global advertisements for volunteering... That's where you come in... You need the cash, and if things go smoothly, you're gonna get a spot in the history books. Think of it... Being one of the patients who helped unlock the matrix of emotion... Well. Welcome to the Persephone Research Facility. Enjoy your stay.

Screw it. Here we go again.
This is a little RP inspired by The Cabin in the Woods, and a little horror movie called Bloodwork. You'll be playing a patient! Exciting! You've been at the facility for a month, being hooked up to nifty little machines... Though when Christmas Day arrives, things seem off...

Rules
- Realism is a biggie for patients in this one. Keep it real yo.
- No trolling. The best negative criticism is silence. I won't have any flaming either.
- No godmodding, that's not cool man.
- No one liners. One paragraph minimum. I live for juicy paragraphs full of rich emotional detail.
- Keep OOC arguments in TG's.
- Obey the co-ops and me. Especially the co-ops, since they'll be around more.
- Have fun people! That's why you're here in the P2TM!

App
Code: Select all
Name:
Age: (At LEAST 18, underage characters require consent forms. Minimum age is 16)
Nationality:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory: (One paragraph minimum)
Fears:
Family (if any):

Co-OPs
Swathari
Erentil

Co-ops are VERY important. I'm looking for two MINIMUM dependable co-ops to play the staff and other stuff, and hold down the fort during my absences. TG me for exact details.
Last edited by Das Metro on Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

Member of NS' Hoofington Reapers

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Bump.
Just call me Metro OOC
New Willow wrote:I can't stop laughing right now, my sides hurt so much right now! Bravo you have reached the rank of professional comedian.

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:25 pm

Quick bump.
Just call me Metro OOC

Swathari
Secretary

Founded: Dec 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Swathari » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Name: Doctor Samantha Wu
Nationality: Chinese (Taiwan)
Appearance: Moderate stature with silky black hair and caring eyes. Her lips are thin and curve up slightly at the ends giving the appearance she is always smiling. Her physic is toned and athletic, to prepare for long surgeries she runs marathons. Daily physical and mental training keep her regularly at the top of the chart, as a surgeon and most requested physician ;)

Personality: Eccentric and driven; Samantha consumed by her work. Her research on bio-medical implants are world renown, frequently landing her in the lab of some prosthetic or genetic engineering company with carte blanche. He devotion to her work has unsurprisingly left her with a small arsenal of usable social skills or even colleges on good terms. If someone was being pleasant they might liken her to the fictional Dr.House from the television show of the same name, someone being unceremonious might call her an uncaring husk comprised solely of Bitch-ium. Alongside this reputation she has been known to use people to satisfy carnal needs before tossing them aside, or slowly edging out of their lives.

Backstory: Samantha, born Meng Yang, Wu was born in Kaoshung, Taiwan. She was an inquisitive child; always taking apart alarm clocks, and radios, and pretty much anything else mechanical she could get her hands on. Her parents suspected a career in engineering was in her future and they were partially right. Thanks to stellar grades and her parents ability to give her the "shut your mouth, smile, and say thank you" look she received hefty scholarships to Taiwan National University, the nation's premier educational institution. There she only continued to excel, barely hiding near crippling alcoholism and hyper-sexuality under the facade of a dual PH.D, M.D wielding genius. Once she was out of school she took out massive personal loans alongside grant money given to her by the university to begin working on the first generation of thought operated prosthesis and biological augmentations. Her work and fame grew until she collapsed during a presentation to a newly founded cybernetics company due to an amphetamine overdose and was rushed to the hospital. After a stretch in rehab she reentered the world, minus one medical license, and whatever decorum she had left. He focus shifted entirely to research, and finding the funding for such research. She was brought onto the project Azrael Science and Technology almost six months ago, and hopes to finish quickly so she can use the fat stacks of cash for her own purposes.
Fears: Failure, being truly alone, losing her intelligence/ grip on reality.
Family (if any):
Dr Xiao Long Wu (Father Alive)
Pei Chun Wu (Mother deceased)
Yi Yi Wu (Sister M.I.A)
Last edited by Swathari on Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:58 pm

Swathari wrote:Name: Doctor Samantha Wu
Nationality: Chinese (Taiwan)
Appearance: Moderate stature with silky black hair and caring eyes. Her lips are thin and curve up slightly at the ends giving the appearance she is always smiling. Her physic is toned and athletic, to prepare for long surgeries she runs marathons. Daily physical and mental training keep her regularly at the top of the chart, as a surgeon and most requested physician ;)

Personality: Eccentric and driven; Samantha consumed by her work. Her research on bio-medical implants are world renown, frequently landing her in the lab of some prosthetic or genetic engineering company with carte blanche. He devotion to her work has unsurprisingly left her with a small arsenal of usable social skills or even colleges on good terms. If someone was being pleasant they might liken her to the fictional Dr.House from the television show of the same name, someone being unceremonious might call her an uncaring husk comprised solely of Bitch-ium. Alongside this reputation she has been known to use people to satisfy carnal needs before tossing them aside, or slowly edging out of their lives.

Backstory: Samantha, born Meng Yang, Wu was born in Kaoshung, Taiwan. She was an inquisitive child; always taking apart alarm clocks, and radios, and pretty much anything else mechanical she could get her hands on. Her parents suspected a career in engineering was in her future and they were partially right. Thanks to stellar grades and her parents ability to give her the "shut your mouth, smile, and say thank you" look she received hefty scholarships to Taiwan National University, the nation's premier educational institution. There she only continued to excel, barely hiding near crippling alcoholism and hyper-sexuality under the facade of a dual PH.D, M.D wielding genius. Once she was out of school she took out massive personal loans alongside grant money given to her by the university to begin working on the first generation of thought operated prosthesis and biological augmentations. Her work and fame grew until she collapsed during a presentation to a newly founded cybernetics company due to an amphetamine overdose and was rushed to the hospital. After a stretch in rehab she reentered the world, minus one medical license, and whatever decorum she had left. He focus shifted entirely to research, and finding the funding for such research. She was brought onto the project Azrael Science and Technology almost six months ago, and hopes to finish quickly so she can use the fat stacks of cash for her own purposes.
Fears: Failure, being truly alone, losing her intelligence/ grip on reality.
Family (if any):
Dr Xiao Long Wu (Father Alive)
Pei Chun Wu (Mother deceased)
Yi Yi Wu (Sister M.I.A)

Acceptamundo.
Just call me Metro OOC

Swathari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Swathari » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:48 pm

Coolio

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Name: John Howler
Nationality: Canadian
Appearance: Usually wearing a Brown Hoodie with a Nike logo it was pretty Cheap but for John's budget it's really all he can afford under it he has a White T-shirt, He also wears Blue Jeans with bleached white small Dots on the Bottom from a cleaning Incident. For shoes he just wears Blue sneakers with some sort of Dragon Logo on the Sides and Black socks. As for physical Appearance he has Blue eyes and brown hair that relatively has no style to it somewhat like a bowl his lips are outwards and somewhat small, his Nose is small and Triangular and he has a Oval like head. He is relatively small standing at 5' 8" and is somewhat Muscular but has Strong legs.
Personality: Relatively friendly towards others he doesn't shy away from conversation, But he knows when to shut up. But strangely He is very Nervous when with only One person regardless of Gender, He makes jokes quite a bit to ease any Tension that may be there but his jokes don't make a very big effect when it comes to that. He is smart when it comes to a few things but Horrible at Advanced math.
Backstory: When John was a child he had no problem with math in Elementary School but in Middle school and High school he had increasing difficulty but always Passed in the end. The only Grades that he had that stayed A's and B's were science which he felt He had a Minor Hobby in. He Passed all grades and got a Scholarship to College in which he promptly Quit because he just a couldn't Take the stress he still remembers some things how ever, like how to make some Chemical Reactions. His Mother and Father didn't approve of him Dropping out but there was nothing they could do to stop him. He then continued life by himself until he saw the Advertisement for the Research. He thought this would be good for money and maybe he would see some Cool things.
Fears: Heights and being alone with Only one person Scare him heights How ever scares him the Most.
Family (if any):Father John Kowalski
Mother Mary Venns
The one and only Senior Constable Geert and local Vladimir Putin at the 389th OPC Chat thread.

One of P2TM's only Kansans!
Proud Putinist

"From space there are no Borders just geographical landmarks" - Le me.
Hall of Failed RP's!
SOLAR a Space character RP
Men of Steel a WW2 Tank Crew RP
Skys of Thunder:Korea a Aircraft Character RP
Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night Character RP DOA

Swathari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Swathari » Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:59 am

Jeremy Beaver wrote:Name: John Howler
Nationality: Canadian
Appearance: Usually wearing a Brown Hoodie with a Nike logo it was pretty Cheap but for John's budget it's really all he can afford under it he has a White T-shirt, He also wears Blue Jeans with bleached white small Dots on the Bottom from a cleaning Incident. For shoes he just wears Blue sneakers with some sort of Dragon Logo on the Sides and Black socks. As for physical Appearance he has Blue eyes and brown hair that relatively has no style to it somewhat like a bowl his lips are outwards and somewhat small, his Nose is small and Triangular and he has a Oval like head. He is relatively small standing at 5' 8" and is somewhat Muscular but has Strong legs.
Personality: Relatively friendly towards others he doesn't shy away from conversation, But he knows when to shut up. But strangely He is very Nervous when with only One person regardless of Gender, He makes jokes quite a bit to ease any Tension that may be there but his jokes don't make a very big effect when it comes to that. He is smart when it comes to a few things but Horrible at Advanced math.
Backstory: When John was a child he had no problem with math in Elementary School but in Middle school and High school he had increasing difficulty but always Passed in the end. The only Grades that he had that stayed A's and B's were science which he felt He had a Minor Hobby in. He Passed all grades and got a Scholarship to College in which he promptly Quit because he just a couldn't Take the stress he still remembers some things how ever, like how to make some Chemical Reactions. His Mother and Father didn't approve of him Dropping out but there was nothing they could do to stop him. He then continued life by himself until he saw the Advertisement for the Research. He thought this would be good for money and maybe he would see some Cool things.
Fears: Heights and being alone with Only one person Scare him heights How ever scares him the Most.
Family (if any):Father John Kowalski
Mother Mary Venns

As CO-OP I stamp this: ACCEPTED.

Please help spread the word ^_^

United American Lands
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby United American Lands » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:17 am

I might write up an app later.
Sup', I'm a dude.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

[align=center]About me: California-born Asian, patriotic, agnostic, atheistic, hedonistic, existentialistic, and immoral bi-guy with multiple personalities.

Oh, by the way, here's a song about pedophiles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

Jeremy Beaver
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeremy Beaver » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:30 am

United American Lands wrote:I might write up an app later.

Woop!
The one and only Senior Constable Geert and local Vladimir Putin at the 389th OPC Chat thread.

One of P2TM's only Kansans!
Proud Putinist

"From space there are no Borders just geographical landmarks" - Le me.
Hall of Failed RP's!
SOLAR a Space character RP
Men of Steel a WW2 Tank Crew RP
Skys of Thunder:Korea a Aircraft Character RP
Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night Character RP DOA

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Bumped. Glad to see things are going smoothly.
Just call me Metro OOC

Wesleyan
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyan » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:13 pm

I will write one later
Release the nation that's in a nation. Release Hawaii today.

United American Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United American Lands » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:14 pm

Name: John Weston
Nationality: American
Appearance: John Weston is a well put together man. His facial features are sharp and defined. His hair is a dark brown, and is usually combed perfectly to one side. His eyes are, as his hair is, dark brown. Normal attire for John includes a luxurious, navy blue suit accompanied with a white tie and pitch black shoes. In his entirety, he looks properly professional and well-dressed. You would think he's 34, at least, though. He's young, but is mature in most manners.
Personality: He's an anti-social individual, to an extent. He doesn't truly care about people or things, but he works to adhere to society because he understands how beneficial it is. He isn't opposed to voicing his opinion but he understands when he shouldn't. He sees life objectively and intellectually. One main thing about him is his lack of morals. Murder isn't wrong to him, just illegal. Overall, he's a likeable person with less than normal ideas and philosophies.
Backstory: John Weston was a boy, but not an ordinary one. When he was young, you couldn't tell the difference between him and any other little schmo, but as he grew, he became smarter. He understood the world around him and understood how it worked. He lost his morality, not because of some inexplicable reason, but because he realized morals are stupid, and he doesn't need them to guide his life. After he finished college, he joined a corporation and in a very short time, became a very high ranking individual. He works for his greed and to better his life. John wasn't content being where he was. He wanted some excitement and so he found the ad for this little experiment, and decided it'd be fun.
Fears: John fears little, really, but there are two things he does fear: getting caught for his crimes, and bugs.
Family (if any): John is an orphan, and so he has no proper family, nor does he have a spouse or children.
Sup', I'm a dude.
GENERATION 32: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment

[align=center]About me: California-born Asian, patriotic, agnostic, atheistic, hedonistic, existentialistic, and immoral bi-guy with multiple personalities.

Oh, by the way, here's a song about pedophiles. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jItz-uNjoZA

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:58 pm

United American Lands wrote:Name: John Weston
Appearance: John Weston is a well put together man. His facial features are sharp and defined. His hair is a dark brown, and is usually combed perfectly to one side. His eyes are, as his hair is, dark brown. Normal attire for John includes a luxurious, navy blue suit accompanied with a white tie and pitch black shoes. In his entirety, he looks properly professional and well-dressed. You would think he's 34, at least, though. He's young, but is mature in most manners.
Personality: He's an anti-social individual, to an extent. He doesn't truly care about people or things, but he works to adhere to society because he understands how beneficial it is. He isn't opposed to voicing his opinion but he understands when he shouldn't. He sees life objectively and intellectually. One main thing about him is his lack of morals. Murder isn't wrong to him, just illegal. Overall, he's a likeable person with less than normal ideas and philosophies.
Backstory: John Weston was a boy, but not an ordinary one. When he was young, you couldn't tell the difference between him and any other little schmo, but as he grew, he became smarter. He understood the world around him and understood how it worked. He lost his morality, not because of some inexplicable reason, but because he realized morals are stupid, and he doesn't need them to guide his life. After he finished college, he joined a corporation and in a very short time, became a very high ranking individual. He works for his greed and to better his life. John wasn't content being where he was. He wanted some excitement and so he found the ad for this little experiment, and decided it'd be fun.
Fears: John fears little, really, but there are two things he does fear: getting caught for his crimes, and bugs.
Family (if any): John is an orphan, and so he has no proper family, nor does he have a spouse or children.

Accepted, looks good!
Just call me Metro OOC

Wesleyan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Name: Nathan Holden
Appearance: He has short brown hair and brown eyes. He usually wears blue jeans, a black T-shirt that once had a design, but had faded away over time. He's average height. He's slim and his eyes are always wandering.
Personality: Some would call Nathan insane, others would call him sick in the head. He has a tendency to talk to himself and talk to people who aren't there. He maybe a bit crazy, but he's not a danger to others. He carries medication, but refuses to take it. He believes the voices in his head are more helpful than actual people.
Backstory: A college student who dropped out because he ran out of money. He volunteers to get some money to finish college. His father disapproves of the experimentation, but there family is just too poor to afford college anymore or even housing in general. When Nathan was 18 he was arrested. The police hurt him pretty badly and he now has fear of police officers.
Fears: Nathan fears the police and therapists.
Family: John Holden (Father)

Erentil
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erentil » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Name: Johanna "Hanna" Offersgaard
Nationality: Danish
Appearance: Stands at approximately 5'5", and has light blonde hair with blue eyes.

Personality: Hanna is friendly and outgoing, but she is self-conscious about being a foreigner.

Backstory: Johanna Offersgaard was born in the city of Viborg, in Denmark. Her father, Per, worked for the government there. He wasn't home very often, however Johanna still had a male influence in her life. Her older brother Hendrik was already eight years old at the time Hanna was born, so he was able to help their mother, Sonja, in raising Hanna. Sonja did not work, however, she was very active in the community - specifically with the sports. Hendrik grew up playing ice hockey, which was not something that Hanna was interested in. Hanna instead took up gymnastics, becoming highly sought-after. She competed at a national level for her home country. Instead of doing so at a professional level, Hanna decided to pursue education, going to study in America. It was in America where she heard about the opportunity to take part in an experiment, so, thinking that it would be a good opportunity to meet people, Hanna signed up.

Fears: Being lost in the woods, drowning, being stabbed, being awake during surgery

Family (if any):
    Father, Per
    Mother, Sonja
    Brother (27), Hendrik
Last edited by Erentil on Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:06 am

Both Apps accepted. IC might be up today.
Just call me Metro OOC

United American Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United American Lands » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:02 pm

Metro, could you post whose apps have been accepted?
Also, when shall we begin?
Sup', I'm a dude.

Swathari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Swathari » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:53 am

United American Lands wrote:Metro, could you post whose apps have been accepted?

All apps have been accepted. The IC will begin when the OP finishes writing it, or defers that duty to me.

Swathari
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Swathari » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:56 am

Das Metro
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Das Metro » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:26 pm

United American Lands wrote:Metro, could you post whose apps have been accepted?

Now that we have our two co-ops, I'll have the IC ASAP.
Just call me Metro OOC

Wesleyan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Give me a sign, cookie monster. Where is this rpg?

Erentil
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Erentil » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:42 pm

Is this RP not going to happen?

United American Lands
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby United American Lands » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:58 pm

I'm not sure. Das Metro hasn't been active.
Sup', I'm a dude.

Wesleyan
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Wesleyan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:01 am

where are the co-ops? Could they start it up?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse