NATION

PASSWORD

2 NYPD cops shot, cops mad

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

2 NYPD cops shot, cops mad

Postby Kubra » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:32 pm

I'm surprised there's no thread on this yet
http://nypost.com/2014/12/20/2-nypd-cop ... -brooklyn/
Long story short, 2 NYPD cops got, well, shot. The result washttp://www.newsmax.com/Headline/nypd ... id/614270/
NYPD is now in wartime or whatever.

No tears for dead pigs, but the reaction to this is probably gonna be pretty bad. might not be kn the level of the dorner hunt where the LAPD went on the legit warpath, but someone is probably gonna get shot by the NYPD in the next week or so. What do y'all think?
Last edited by Kubra on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Kravanica
Senator

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:37 pm

That's tragic.

What are we supposed to be discussing here?
The Kravanican Realm (PMT)
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
My nation does not represent my RL views

American and Jewish
Conservatarian with various "right-wing" leanings

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Kravanica wrote:That's tragic.

What are we supposed to be discussing here?
what happens from here on out obviously
An NYPD cop hasn't been shot since 2011. Things are gonna get pretty shitty for new Yorkers, it's merely a question of how.
and hey, whether or not it's tragic is also a matter of discussion. #notears bruh
Last edited by Kubra on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:41 pm

I bet Michael Bloomberg is gonna suggest that NY bans handguns, just watch...
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Maroza
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 28, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Maroza » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:41 pm

Yet more senseless killing.
Last edited by Maroza on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current level 5: Peacetime
Find a Helmet
Put on a Helmet

Find me someone who does not support the revolutionary sciences and the technology of peace and they will be shot as traitors to the revolution.~Aethrys
The disease first struck a wealthy nation with low population density, an adequate health care system and naturally declining population.

Dracoria
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Police officers are human beings too, no matter what some people seem to think. Attacking an officer of the law isn't something to be taken lightly.
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

The State of Deseret
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The State of Deseret » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Those thugs should be found and arrested. I am sorry but this Anti-Cop sentiment by certain people is getting out of hand. These same people depend on Cops to keep their neighbor hoods safe, yet they go and bash the cops for things they shouldn't be bashed on about.
American | Latter-Day Saint Mormon | Nationalist | Non-Interventionist | Socially Libertarian | Interventionist Capitalism

Grotaland
Secretary

Founded: Dec 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Grotaland » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Tragedy, pure tragedy.
When you have street vermin out demanding "dead cops", what do you expect?
I have nothing but respect and admiration for the police. God bless the officers that were MURDERED. Their families are in my prayers.
Socrates: Claims to know nothing - Demolishes your argument.

Please note that I will debate you with logic and civility, however I DONT ARGUE WITH DRONES!!! If you are a drone you will be on my ignore list.

Chernoslavia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chernoslavia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:43 pm

Grotaland wrote:Tragedy, pure tragedy.
When you have street vermin out demanding "dead cops", what do you expect?
I have nothing but respect and admiration for the police. God bless the officers that were MURDERED. Their families are in my prayers.

Agreed.
What would things have been like if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive? Or if during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand? The Organs would quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt!

- Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:44 pm

Dracoria wrote:Police officers are human beings too, no matter what some people seem to think. Attacking an officer of the law isn't something to be taken lightly.
being human ain't a free pass any more than being a chicken justifies being eaten.
human beings can be pretty shitty.
Comrade J. Posadas

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:44 pm

These cops weren't even killed in an altercation. They were murdered in cold-blood as they were sitting in their patrol car. Fucking sickening.
Last edited by Eastern Equestria on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The State of Deseret
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The State of Deseret » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:45 pm

Kubra wrote:
Dracoria wrote:Police officers are human beings too, no matter what some people seem to think. Attacking an officer of the law isn't something to be taken lightly.
being human ain't a free pass any more than being a chicken justifies being eaten.

So we can kill all cops because other cops made mistakes?
American | Latter-Day Saint Mormon | Nationalist | Non-Interventionist | Socially Libertarian | Interventionist Capitalism

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:47 pm

The State of Deseret wrote:
Kubra wrote: being human ain't a free pass any more than being a chicken justifies being eaten.

So we can kill all cops because other cops made mistakes?
sure, if killings are "mistakes", rather than the outcome of the police as an institution.
Comrade J. Posadas

St Marcila
Attaché

Founded: Dec 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby St Marcila » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Senseless violence is tragic, I sympathies with the majority of the protesters in these past few protest but people who kill other people for no reason was sort of the reason these protest were started so why become the thing you so anime rely protest? Anyway I still have sympathizes with the protesters but we should let reckless criminals get away with such pointless violence.
Also know as the all mighty Insaeldor

Senator Vasco Saá in the NSG Senate

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:47 pm

Kubra wrote:No tears for dead pigs

What the fuck exactly did these guys do to deserve that reaction?
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................

St Marcila
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby St Marcila » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Kubra wrote:
The State of Deseret wrote:So we can kill all cops because other cops made mistakes?
sure, if killings are "mistakes", rather than the outcome of the police as an institution.

People like you literally ruined this whole movement.

Dracoria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:48 pm

Kubra wrote:

Being human isn't a free pass to not be murdered? I'd love to know what country you live in, because in most developed and a large portion of undeveloped countries, it kind of is. Well, unless you go out and...You know, do something that requires someone to kill you in self-defense. And it doesn't look like either of those officers was doing such a thing.
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

Eastern Equestria
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Eastern Equestria » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

Haven't you heard? All police officers are racist, soulless, chauvinists who deserve to be shot like the pigs they are. *wanking motion*

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:52 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:

they were NYC cops. Pretty simple.
i ain't saying everybody should follow this example, it's in the end gonna be shitty for everyone cuz of this guy, but i ain't mourning.
Again, the Dorner example comes to mind. The LAPD managed to shoot more than Dorner in their manhunt. Cops, even if one doesn't like them, are nothing to fuck with.
Comrade J. Posadas

The State of Deseret
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby The State of Deseret » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Kubra wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:What the fuck exactly did these guys do to deserve that reaction?
i ain't saying everybody should follow this example, it's in the end gonna be shitty for everyone cuz of this guy, but i ain't mourning.
Again, the Dorner example comes to mind. The LAPD managed to shoot more than Dorner in their manhunt. Cops, even if one doesn't like them, are nothing to fuck with.

Lets get rid of cops and see how peaceful your city is without someone keeping gangs, thieves, rapists and killers and check.

One police killed someone who should not have been killed and wasn't indicted (Garner, brown was justified). That doesn't mean we can shoot any police we see.

Wisconsin9
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Wisconsin9 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:57 pm

Kubra wrote:
Wisconsin9 wrote:What the fuck exactly did these guys do to deserve that reaction?

Fucking shit, and you fucking complain about cops not seeming to care about the public. Ever stopped to fucking consider that maybe they're a bit resentful about people fucking celebrating them being fucking shot for fucking nothing?
~~~~~~~~
We are currently 33% through the Trump administration.

St Marcila
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby St Marcila » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Kubra wrote:

Because a couple cops fucked all cops should be targeted? Makes total fucking sense.

Hey maybe since a few black people commit crime we should kill them. I mean if we're using your logic that makes total sense right?

Kravanica
Senator

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kravanica » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Wisconsin9 wrote:
Kubra wrote: they were NYC cops. Pretty simple.

Fucking shit, and you fucking complain about cops not seeming to care about the public. Ever stopped to fucking consider that maybe they're a bit resentful about people fucking celebrating them being fucking shot for fucking nothing?

Fucking fuck
The Kravanican Realm (PMT)
I support Thermonuclear Warfare. Do you?
My nation does not represent my RL views

American and Jewish
Conservatarian with various "right-wing" leanings

Dracoria
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:58 pm

Kubra wrote:

Did these two police officers do anything wrong to warrant such? Or is anyone in the occupation of 'officer of the law' fair game? Who else is? How about abortion doctors? Ooh, or nurses and doctors at vaccine clinics! I'm sure bankers are awful people too, how about them being gunned down?
Also, chocobos.

Kubra
Post Marshal

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:00 am

St Marcila wrote:
Kubra wrote: sure, if killings are "mistakes", rather than the outcome of the police as an institution.

People like you literally ruined this whole movement.
lol which movement?
Dracoria wrote:
Kubra wrote: being human ain't a free pass any more than being a chicken justifies being eaten.

Being human isn't a free pass to not be murdered? I'd love to know what country you live in, because in most developed and a large portion of undeveloped countries, it kind of is. Well, unless you go out and...You know, do something that requires someone to kill you in self-defense. And it doesn't look like either of those officers was doing such a thing.
yep, pretty much. We're fairly lucky with the state of first-world policing, but it's nonetheless an anomolous state born in the latter half of the twentieth century, and rests on a shaky foundation; at any time, the old relation may re-emerge. The reason I'm not so stoked about this event is cuz police have and have mostly always had the upper hand. Shit gets ugly and more "innocents" get shot than before.
Last edited by Kubra on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Comrade J. Posadas

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General