NATION

PASSWORD

State Visit of Boleslaw Augustyn (closed, attn Zachdodslavia

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Papal States of Avalon
Attaché

Founded: Dec 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

State Visit of Boleslaw Augustyn (closed, attn Zachdodslavia

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:37 pm

The Palace of Asoleum

Outside of the Capital, the see of Avalon, the Papal staff had spent days preparing the small Palace of Asoleum for the visit of former Heir Apparent Boleslaw of the House Augustyn. Boleslaw had sent a very heartfelt message to the people of the Papal States upon the death of Adrian V's predecessor. This kind action brought about great pontifical favor upon Boleslaw, so much so, that after being abdicating, the Pope invited him out to the countryside outside Avalon for some rest, relaxation, and important affairs of state.

Pope Adrian V had arrived the previous day with a entourage of only a few close advisors. He came from Avalon in an inconspicuous tan sedan, therefore, the press did not know that he had gone to the Asoleum. The Asoleum had been under the past few popes, the preffered residence for countryside relaxation. Previously, most pontiffs opted towards the Turbinari Castle, which was on a rocky crag just outside the capital. However, the idyllic and serene countryside setting helped calm his Holiness, Pope Adrian, who occasionally became stressed due to his many duties.

Adrian V was sitting in the study of the Asoleum Palace, in a silver gilt armchair, reading Machiavelli. The study was a high ceilinged room, filled with this manner of silver gilt arm chair. As Adrian became bored of the music playing on a 70's record player in the background, he was glad that his Steward, the Camerlengo arrived.

The Camerlengo, Cardinal Celestino della Rovere, arrived in the study and he knelt before the Pontiff's chair. The Pope offered the Camerlengo his ring, and the Camerlengo kissed it, as is custom.

"Arise, Celestine, my brother priest, and tell me what I assume you must tell me" the Pope said, placing his hands endearingly on the Camerlengo's shoulders. The Camerlengo stood up, with some difficulty due to advanced age.

"Your Holiness, Boleslaw Augustyn has arrived, it would be prudent to greet him." replied the Camerlengo, head bowed in deference to the Pope. Adrian nodded and he said "Celestine, walk with me, we will greet him upon the steps."

Pope Adrian walked through the black and white tiled hallway, towards a large oak door. A butler struggled to open it, and after succeeding, the Pope walked through and stood at the steps. He saw Boleslaw walk towards him, and he raised his hands in blessing, before yelling:

"Boleslaw, welcome to the Palace of Asoleum!"

Zachodslavia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zachodslavia » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:41 pm

Boleslaw greeted himself, and told him "Thank you, father." He then bowed, and say "I am glad to be here in Avalon, in the Palace of Asoleum, one of the great cities of Christ..." He then turned to the Cardinal, and greeted him as well. "I am Boleslaw Augustyn, former heir-apparent of Zachodslavia, cardinal. It is a pleasure to meet the men of Christ."

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:07 pm

Zachodslavia wrote:Boleslaw greeted himself, and told him "Thank you, father." He then bowed, and say "I am glad to be here in Avalon, in the Palace of Asoleum, one of the great cities of Christ..." He then turned to the Cardinal, and greeted him as well. "I am Boleslaw Augustyn, former heir-apparent of Zachodslavia, cardinal. It is a pleasure to meet the men of Christ."

"my child Boleslaw, we have heard much of you, we are very familiar with your charitable works and the good you have done" the Pope replied. The camerlengo also replied, and he said "yes, you are well known for your kindness, my friend".

Adrian V smiled and he offered his ring to Boleslaw to kiss.

Zachodslavia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zachodslavia » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm

Boleslaw then went down onto his knee, and kissed his ring. After that, he told the Pope "Thank you, your holiness... I am very glad to be here. Now, what is it that you want to talk to me about?"

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:32 pm

Zachodslavia wrote:Boleslaw then went down onto his knee, and kissed his ring. After that, he told the Pope "Thank you, your holiness... I am very glad to be here. Now, what is it that you want to talk to me about?"

The Pope smiled, and he said

"Please come inside, tea has been brought to the study. We can discuss matters of importance there."

The Pope looked towards the Camerlengo and he said "my dear Cardinal della Rovere, please depart us, for we will be discussing matters of state, which you shall be privy to later".

The Pope led Boleslaw down the hall to the study. The hall was lined with obscure portraits of Popes, as well as religious art. The Pope finally arrived at the study, where tea sat on a desk, and cozy silver guilt armchairs were placed at a comfortable conversational angle to eachother

Zachodslavia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zachodslavia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:24 am

Boleslaw sat down at a nearby chair, looking around the study of the Pope. He then said "Your Holiness, what is your concern for the nation of Zachodslavia?"

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:49 pm

The Pope sat down and poured two cups of tea into the small, brown cups, and he handed one to Boleslaw, and kept the other. He took a small sip and then he replied

"I'm concerned about the fate of the Church in Zachdodslavia. Now that you've abdicated, how will the official establishment of the church be protected? This is something we greatly worry about. What will you do? Are you going to stay in Zachdodslavia?"

After firing off his round of questions, the Pope once again took several large sips and he once again began speaking

"Boleslaw, I'm concerned about the fate of the Augustyn House. As a result, i'm prepared to offer you a title which you can pass on to your children and their descendants forever"

The Pope stopped, to adjust his crucifix medallion in place, and he continued speaking

"I am prepared to create the Barony of Garyphilium, which had existed until the 15th century. I'll grant you the Papal residence there, as your families own holding. It is close to the See of Avalon, and it's a cozy manor house. I'm also prepared to grant you a title in the Papal Court, whether that would be 'Master of the Horse' or the 'Master of the Lance'"

Zachodslavia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zachodslavia » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Boleslaw took a sip of the cup of tea, and responded to the Pope by saying "Your Holiness, Most of the people in Zachodslavia are Christian. Almost 90% of the population of Poland are Catholic, and around 85% of the population of Slovakia are Catholic as well. Around 49% of the population of Czechia are Catholic, with the remaining 49% of the population being Hussites, but they are none-the-less still Christian. Even Aleksander Jaruzelski himself considers himself a Catholic, and he gives to the poor and the needy with his money, and some of the Priests and Bishops of Zachodslavia support him. He's even letting me stay in Zachodslavia, and he will leave the church alone unless in times where the priests get corrupted from within - to display actions that would only fit the most evil of evil. My son, Lech Augustyn of the House Wolanski has showed that he is willing to run for political office in Zachodslavia. As such, I could only accept a honorary title from the Papal Court, although I sincerely thank you, Your Holiness, for the consideration and offer."

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:34 am

The Pope placed tea down, after finishing the whole cup and he looked at Boleslaw, and he smiled faintly, partly irritated about the refusal of Boleslaw to accept the Barony he offered him. The Pope looked at Boleslaw and he said

"well, i'll appoint you somewhere. I shall appoint you to the office of Master of the Horse, a ceremonial title with very few responsibilities. I shall also make a suite ready for you in the holy palace"

Zachodslavia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zachodslavia » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:44 pm

Boleslaw tells the Pope "I thank you, your holiness, for your generosity as the holy Pope." He then finishes his tea...

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:02 am

Zachodslavia wrote:Boleslaw tells the Pope "I thank you, your holiness, for your generosity as the holy Pope." He then finishes his tea...

The Pope smiled and nodded and then he asked Boleslaw a question of more levity.

"would you like to go for a hunt?"

Zachodslavia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zachodslavia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:14 pm

The Papal States of Avalon wrote:
Zachodslavia wrote:Boleslaw tells the Pope "I thank you, your holiness, for your generosity as the holy Pope." He then finishes his tea...

The Pope smiled and nodded and then he asked Boleslaw a question of more levity.

He then nods, and tells the pope "Yes, although I didn't bring any hunting gear..."

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Zachodslavia wrote:
The Papal States of Avalon wrote:The Pope smiled and nodded and then he asked Boleslaw a question of more levity.

He then nods, and tells the pope "Yes, although I didn't bring any hunting gear..."

The Pope frowned slightly and he said, "oh, well that's a shame, then"

Zachodslavia
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zachodslavia » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Boleslaw then came up with an idea. "Hey, is it possible for me to be around for the Christmas Mass here? I still have time to be here, until I have to get back to Warsaw..."

Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Papal States of Avalon » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:36 pm

Zachodslavia wrote:Boleslaw then came up with an idea. "Hey, is it possible for me to be around for the Christmas Mass here? I still have time to be here, until I have to get back to Warsaw..."

The Pope nodded and he said

"yes, it will be possible to attend Christmas Mass. However, we will be having the High Mass at Saint Peter's Basilica, Pontifically, all the Cardinals in the nation will be in attendance, and as a member of the papal court, you will be entitled to the Robes of Master of the Horse, and you will be allowed to sit behind the high altar with the other laity of distinction"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates