NATION

PASSWORD

[Question] Regarding WA Membership

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Toronina
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

[Question] Regarding WA Membership

Postby Toronina » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:03 am

I have been told what is apparently a common tactic in R/D, and I was wondering if it carries no offense. The tactic is to, during an update, have multiple nations sign up for the WA, but not to open the email until you have resigned with the previous nation, using them to endorse the delegate during the update. Is this allowed? I just wanted to make sure before I did anything that might get be banned from the WA.. A quote from Kazmr trying their best to explain it is below. They explain it a lot better. Sorry if this causes any inconvenience, I just thought it best to ask before doing it.

Basically what you use them for is that that during an update you'll be able to conduct multiple operations. What hapens is that when a nation with WA membership on it updates during major or minor, any endorsements that it gives afterwards won't count until the next update. However, if you resign from the WA with that nation after it updates and enter the WA with a new one, you'll be able to continue going during the hour and contribute to the fight in later updating regions. You want to have enough puppets so that if it is a super busy update you don't end up running out, and you want to have applied (but not opened the confirmation email and clicked the link) so that you can switch quickly.
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 am

Yes, this is a legal and common technique.

Key to its success is that you MUST use the same email address on all nations. You can apply with multiple nations at once, but the WA will not recognize your new acceptance for admission until you've resigned with your prior nation.

Edit: Opening the email isn't the trigger event - it's clicking the acceptance link. That must be done one at a time, and in proper sequence.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Moderation