NATION

PASSWORD

Dragon Age: The Maker's Fire [OOC/OPEN/Charles Dance]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

What'd you like the next mission to be?

Orlesian Civil War
38%
Something to do with Templars!
13%
Something to do with Mages!
38%
Deep Road/Dwarves/Darkspawn!
13%

Total votes : 8

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Dragon Age: The Maker's Fire [OOC/OPEN/Charles Dance]

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:57 am

Archive Thread
IC Thread

History Thread

"War is consuming Thedas. The Circle has been disbanded, the Templars have left the Chantry in rebellion. Now, these two are at each other's throats, seeking to wipe the other from the earth. Nine hundred years of stability have been shattered, and the Chantry is in turmoil. With most of the Templars and all of the Circles of Magi lost to them, their power is crumbling as war engulfs the world, the flames of battle leaving nought but destruction in their path, both the innocent and guilty dying in its fires. It is in these troubled days that you have joined us, the mercenaries of the Shattered Blade warband, to find your fortune and fame, and perhaps a way out of your troubled past, and those that would harm you for it..."

OP: The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness.
Co-op: Templar High Council.
Co-op: Asyir.

Helpful links shall be added here soon.

Hey you. Yeeeah you. Do you want to know what this RP'll be about? Then you've come to the right place.
The RP will take place after the events of Dragon Age II (canon ending/default world state), but before the events of Inquisition, in the year 9:38. We'll all play as members of a mercenary band, partaking in daring missions to gain glory and wealth. Our adventures will be taking place in both Ferelden and Orlais, with perhaps even a trip to somewhere else.. Without anything defying canon (hopefully :P), oorah! Below you'll find the rules and app. There are three classes you can play as. Warrior, rogue, and mage. If you're familiar with the game or even roleplaying in general, you'll know what each does. If not... well, this might just not be the RP for you. That said... onward!

The rules are as follows.

*No godmodding and/or metagaming
*Do not insult other people in the OOC, and do not use the IC to insult people.
*OP and Co-OP's word is law.
*Do not break Dragon Age canon. If you do, you'll be informed and asked to correct your mistake - no harm done!
*No oneliners. Try to post at least one to two paragraphs of text per post. A paragraph should at least be 4 sentences of moderate size.
*All NS rules apply.
*The RP will, naturally, include mature content. Keep your depictions in line with the NS rules.
*Only one character per player!
*Your character can not be a Grey Warden, unless you have permission from all OPs.
*You can be Human, Dwarf, Elf, or Qunari.
*Obligatory line about having fun.

And finally we have reached the point where the apps are located. Huzzah, huzzah! Glory to Charles Dance (you may or may not see his name appearing here quite a lot)!

Code: Select all
[size=125][u] Application[/u][/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Class and specialization:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Personal belongings:[/b] Equipment, potions, and so forth.
[b]Bio:[/b] Two paragraph minimum.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:55 am, edited 9 times in total.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:58 am

Castle Upgrades & Additions

After two additions and/or upgrades have been purchased or awarded, the next tier and all its additiond will be unlocked, unless stated otherwise.

Tier I

Castle Walls and Keep Repairs the walls, and the keep, as well as adding a reinforced wooden gate. The Castle can be defended against enemies again, and the Shattered Blade can now live inside its keep. AWARDED AFTER FIRST MISSION

Castle Towers Adds towers to the castle, making it easier to defend, and to spot enemies from afar. Towers are also needed for several other additions. COSTS 275 SOVEREIGNS

Council Room Makes a large room in the Keep ready to hold council, adding a large table, seats, and maps. The Council Room can be used to assess Thedas' situation, and to plan new missions from. Unlocks many new missions. COSTS 75 SOVEREIGNS

Training Grounds Adds training dummies and target practices to the courtyard, which can be used to train on. COSTS 50 SOVEREIGNS.

Armory Refits one of the towers to an armory, so that it can be used for the storage of armor and weapons. Requires Castle Towers. COSTS 75 SOVEREIGNS.

Escape route Adds a secret passage to escape the castle with (or to enter it). COSTS 50 SOVEREIGNS.

Dungeon Adds a dungeon and prison cells. Requires Castle Guards. COSTS 75 SOVEREIGNS

Castle Guards The Shattered Blade recruits new members, to keep the Castle safe from looters and thiefs during the band's absence. Barracks are added as an additional, large tower. COSTS 100 SOVEREIGNS.

Tier II

Great Hall Adds to the Keep's main hall, refitting it to a Great Hall, where visitors can be received, and where can be dined. COSTS 75 SOVEREIGNS

Raven's nests The Warband buys Ravens, and hires a keeper for them, making it easier to communicate with the rest of the world, and to receive news. COSTS 50 SOVEREIGNS.

Stables Adds stables to the courtyard, for keeping horses. COSTS 25 SOVEREIGNS.

Stablemaster Requires stables. Hires a stablemaster, and buys horses for all members of the Shattered Blade. COSTS 125 SOVEREIGNS.

Blacksmith Buys a smithy and hires a blacksmith, who will repair armor and weapons, and supply new ones to the Armory, if it has been built. The mercenaries can also make their own weapons here, if they have the skill. COSTS 120 SOVEREIGNS.

Library Refits one of the Keep's towers to a library, where books are gathered, and research can be done on places and creatures, aiding the Shattered Blade in their missions. COSTS 50 SOVEREIGNS.

Alchemy Lab A place were potions can be made by those that are skilled will be added to one of the towers. Requires Castle Towers. COSTS 30 SOVEREIGNS.

Garden Adds a castle garden, where flowers and herbs are grown. Useful for gathering ingredients. COSTS 15 SOVEREIGNS.

Fletchery Adds a fletchery, and hires a fletcher, who will make bows and arrows. COSTS 50 SOVEREIGNS.

Tier III

Study Adds a study to the Keep for the Grey Warden Samantha, allowing her to more carefully plan jobs snd missions, as well as gather and sort more information. COSTS 25 SOVEREIGNS.

Shrine Adds a shrine to the Maker and Andrasre to the keep, as well as a supply of Lyrium for the Templar, so that he will not be derived from his addiction. COSTS 30 SOVEREIGNS.

Mabari Pens Allows Sigismund to better train his Mabari Hounds, and makes them grow stronger. Unlocks the ability to buy more Mabari. COSTS 15 SOVEREIGNS.

Misc

Soldiers Hires more mercenaries, who can protectthe Castle, aid the characters on their missions, or go on their own missions. Hires 5 every time. COSTS 100 SOVEREIGNS.

Horse Buys a horse. Requires Stables. COSTS 50 SOVEREIGNS.

Mabari Buys a Mabari War hound. Requires Mabari Pens. COSTS 20 SOVEREIGNS.

Library additions Various additions to the Library. COSTS 75 SOVEREIGNS.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:58 am

Reserved.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:00 pm

I AM HERE. DON'T WORRY.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:01 pm

App in coming!
“Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus"
Member of the:IRON Alliance
Xirvo Corporation "Contractors of the future."
[/floatright][floatleft]
I use 1% of my population: 83,720,000
Budget:41,607,720,541,369.43

Asyir
Minister

Founded: Oct 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:04 pm

Tagged. My app is coming up ;)
Team Pelinal for life!

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Remember how I said Lenavel had a friend that escaped with her and they got separated?

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Application
Name: Trant Eldan
Race: Human
Class and specialization: Warrior, Templar
Appearance:

Personality: Loyal, honest, hardworking, cunning, can be a bit rash at times. Likes to drink and strictly against allowing blood mages to live. As most Templars are, he is a lyrium addict.
Personal belongings: Templar armor, long sword, Templar shield, 4x health poultice, 5 sovereigns, map of Thedas, 2x injury kits and 6x bars of lryium
Bio: Trant was born in Kirkwall, he grew up hearing of legends of the grey wardens and many other stories. But the stories that peeked his interests the most were the Templars and how they protected the people from the dangers of the mages and the creatures of the fade. When the blight had started in Fereldon, Trant was just taking his vows as a Templar and asked to be sent there to help fight. Well his request was denied and was sent to do jobs around Kirkwall his home city, by the age of 19 he was addicted to lyrium as most Templars are. Over the next few years, he was on many jobs for the chantry, hunted a few mages and killed a few blood mages. Once he saw what blood mages could do, he slowly grew a hatred for them as he saw his comrades be killed by blood mages over the next 4 years. After the major riot in Kirkwall, he didn't believe in what he chantry had stood for, many mages and Templars were dead. He quickly took six bars of lyrium and joined a mercenary band in which he now travels with.
Last edited by New Roman Empire on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[/floatright][floatleft]

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:33 pm

New Roman Empire wrote: Application
Appearance: (Image)
Personality: Loyal, honest, hardworking, cunning, can be a bit rash at times. Likes to drink and strictly against allowing blood mages to live. As most Templars are, he is a lyrium addict.
Personal belongings: Templar armor, long sword, Templar shield, 4x health poultice, 5 sovereigns, map of Thedas, 2x injury kits and 6x bars of lryium
Bio: Trant was born in Kirkwall, he grew up hearing of legends of the grey wardens and many other stories. But the stories that peeked his interests the most were the Templars and how they protected the people from the dangers of the mages and the creatures of the fade. When the blight had started in Fereldon, Trant was just taking his vows as a Templar and asked to be sent there to help fight. Well his request was denied and was sent to do jobs around Kirkwall his home city, by the age of 19 he was addicted to lyrium as most Templars are. Over the next few years, he was on many jobs for the chantry, hunted a few mages and killed a few blood mages. Once he saw what blood mages could do, he slowly grew a hatred for them as he saw his comrades be killed by blood mages over the next 4 years. After the major riot in Kirkwall, he didn't believe in what he chantry had stood for, many mages and Templars were dead. He quickly took six bars of lyrium and joined a mercenary band in which he now travels with.

Appearance is your face. Not your armor. Unless you never take it off.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:35 pm

Taggity tag, get ready for an app (at some point, I'm meant to be revising atm)
also I assume only on specialization and does said specialation have to be from DAII or can it be from DAO or DAO:A?
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:37 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:

Oh...uh...this is awkward...

That IS his face!

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:38 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:

woops lol forgot to put the face on there lol
[/floatright][floatleft]

New Roman Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Roman Empire » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:41 pm

fixed
[/floatright][floatleft]

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:43 pm

Application

Name: Willhelm Ryes
Class and Specializations: Rogue, Grey Warden
Appearance:
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2PmGx.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.myth-weavers.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D271392&h=622&w=250&tbnid=mseDFGXAc88O3M%3A&zoom=1&docid=-Qh1hpQjW-JCTM&ei=qjFyVIazENHsoATNr4HoDQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CF8QMygxMDE&iact=rc&uact=3&page=7&start=43&ndsp=9

Personality: Willhelm, like his father, has a strong sense of honor and morals. He is seen as a capable leader and administrator. From the loss of his older brother, Eldric, he doesn't get very close to many others, as he is afraid he will lose them. Despite this, Willhelm is kind and generous with others. He uses his power for the common good of both the high and lowborn. Willhelm is a loyal man, to his king, country, and companions. He views mages with suspicion, but will not alienate them. Like his father, Willhelm is feels no racism towards elves, and accepts them as an equal to a human.
Personal Belongings and Equipment: Willhelm currently has:
- One Yew Longbow inscribed with some of the chant of light on its grip.
- One Steel Longsword with a Ruby Pommel.
- One Grey Iron Dagger.
- A suit of Grey Warden Rogue armor, including boots and guantlets.
- A Blue and Grey cloak with griffon heraldry.
- A quiver with 20 Arrows.
- 3 Lesser Health Poultices
- 2 Lesser Stamina Draughts.
- A coin purse with 4 Sovereigns.
Bio: Willhelm Ryes is the second son of Bann Emmittyn Ryes, and heir to the Bann of Greenstone. Born in 9:15 Dragon, Willhelm was 15 when the blight began. He witnessed his father and older brother marching off to Ostagar with their host, hoping to crush the Darkspawn. While his father and brother were away, he was trained in many arts by his uncle, whom was instructed by Emmittyn to groom him for command, as the latter had doubts of his return. Within a few months, Willhelm was good at bowmanship, swordmanship, scouting, horsemanship, survival, and trap making. When Emmittyn returned after nearly a year after he had marched with his men, he returned with only a small company, as all of the host was slain, including Eldric. This loss hit Willhelm hard, and he redoubled his efforts in training.

After the Blight was defeated, Willhelm was knighted by King Alistair at the age of 17, and was sent to with his father to the Ferelden-Orlesian border. Willhelm served as a company commander under his father for nearly 3 years, serving with distinction. He however grew rather bored with patrolling the border, and asked his father to leave. After arguing for fortnights, Emmittyn decided to let Willhelm have his way. Willhelm suggested that he become a Grey Warden, which Emmittyn opposed, as Grey Wardens give up their titles. Finally, Emmittyn agreed, and accompanied his son to Denerim. After meeting with the commander of the grey, it was decided that Willhelm would become a grey warden. Emmittyn named his third son Maric heir of Greenstone, and wished his son best of luck.

During Willhelm's joining, 2 of the 4 recruits died, which scarred Willhelm. After becoming a Warden, Willhelm was assigned to Orlais, for a brief while. When the Mage-Templar war broke out, Willhelm "left" the Grey Wardens, and joined onto mercenary company.
Last edited by Asyir on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Pelinal for life!

Sulania
Senator

Founded: May 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:16 pm

I'll just tag this for later use.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron
Personal Info: Gay male from Pennsylvania, Student of Sociology, FGC affiliated Quaker
Political Alignment: Member of the Working Families Party, Former Justice Democrat, Progressive
DISCLAIMER: My views have changed, I disavow previous posts/opinions accordingly to my changed views

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:28 pm

I'll probably join this again. I'm sorry I disappeared last time but I was way to busy to continue.

TotallyNotEvilLand
Senator

Founded: May 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TotallyNotEvilLand » Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:31 pm

Application

Name: Melova Deril

Race: Elf

Class and specialization: Rogue, Ranger

Appearance: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jrqx4i&s=8#.VHJAmfnF_Ct

Personality: It can vary, honestly. Some days she'll be feeling quite introverted and anti-social, and other days she'll be best described as comic relief, making jokes or pointed observations about the situations and people around her. She also delights in "screwing with people", sometimes saying outlandish things or making idiotic suggestions just to see the looks from the people around her. One thing that is always consistent, however, is that she's restless. She can't stand to sit down for more and a few minutes and will start wandering around in a circle if she has to in order to keep herself entertained.

Personal belongings: A full set of leather Dalish armor (Minus the helmet), a bow, a dagger, about three health potions, a detailed map of Fereldan, and a decaying journal.

Bio: Born in a wandering Dalish clan before the fifth blight, Melova wasn't particularly outstanding in any regard. Oh, sure, she did all the typical Dalish things just fine, but it bored her immensely. There was a world she'd only heard of out there, and at the age of 14, slipped off into the night to pursue a life of adventure.

Unfortunately, that didn't pan out so well. She spent several weeks aimlessly wandering Fereldan, almost getting herself killed on several occasions and nearly forcing her to return to her clan. Luckily for her, she found herself work at a farm in the Hinterlands, giving her a consistent source of food. After about three years of this, she quit and began wandering again, this time to the north. There she spent her time hunting game with her trusty longbow, selling the furs and living off of the meat until she turned 22, when she heard word of a mercenary company seeking recruits. Naturally, this sounded exciting, and she joined up.
Liquid Wallaby Characters, Updated 4/27 (Rough sketches for Creezul and Kehelli are completed)
If you use the term SJW or 'politically correct' to describe anyone left of center, I'm pretty sure that destroys all of your credibility as an intelligent human being. Quit being a twit and use something other than a buzzword to make your point.
A Moderately-Talented But Very Unreliable Roleplayer
Current flag is Frisk's Unamused Face

Sulania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Application

Name: Justine Charbonneu, formerly Lady Justine Charbonneu of the Orlesian Empire

Race: Elf-Blooded Human

Class and specialization: Rogue, Assassin

Appearance:

Personality: Justine has the customs of Orlais in her heart, though she lacks love for it. She has invested her life into knowing the workings of the Game, but despises it. She is very good at it though, and can employ her knowledge of it if she feels like she needs to. Through it all though, she likes raising herself above others but knowing her limits and often not going beyond them. Despite her dislike of Orlesian politics, she is still pretty loyal to the Empire and its Empress, and openly despises Grand Duke Gaspard. She is very racially tolerant, given her background, and often treats Elves as equals when she can.

In religion, she's an Andrastian who holds dear to some of the core principles. She tries to what she can to follow the principles and footsteps of Andraste, and feels like she at least tries to do what's best. She is somewhat tolerant towards those of other faiths, such as the Dalish or the Tevinter Chantry. Despite this, she can be ruthless at times in dispatching opponents and doing what she feels needs to be done.

As to the Mage-Templar War, Justine believes peace is the best option. Believing both are at fault for the events leading up to the war, she wants order to be restored between the two factions and have them placed back under Chantry supervision.

Personal belongings: Equipment, potions, and so forth.

Bio: Born as the bastard daughter to an Orlesian noble, Justine was the offspring of Lord Sironge Charbonneu and an Elven servent. In order to keep her identity hidden from his enemies, Lord Sironge conspired with his wife to have Justine and her mother killed before word could get out about the affair. Being in Orlais, such an affair would destroy the lord's reputation and effectively could be used to blackmail him. Only two months old, assassins were sent to kill them quietly. But, one of the assassins found it in his heart to spare the child and rescued her from death. Believing the job was carried out and his bastard daughter dead, Lord Sironge relaxed believing his position lay secure.

Raised by the Orlesian assassin and bard simply known as Leo, Justine learned the arts of assassination and the inner workings of the Game since she was young. She followed her adoptive father on most of his missions, training to become part of the Game as well. It was during one such mission, that young Justine learned of her true heritage and sought to claim what was her by birthright. Leo sought to stop her, fearing her bringing out what happened so long ago would ruin his reputation as a bard within Orlais. She was forced to kill her adoptive father, and then made way to gain what was hers.

Working with her true father's enemies, she infiltrated her aging father's inner circle while conspiring against him. It was through the old man's trust in her that she was able to gain evidence to her heritage, and thus brought to his enemies to use against him. When word got out that he had a bastard child with an Elf, the family became the laughing stock of the small realm of Orlais they inhabited. The final nail in the coffin was when she came out and proved herself as the true daughter of Lord Sironge, who had no heir due to his wife being infertile. She did so prior to his death, and with rumors circulating, he confessed to her being his daughter after being convinced of the fact that he was duped by the same girl he sought to kill so long before.

Once Lord Sironge died, Justine assumed the lands of her family with the help of her allies within the Orlesian courts. She reorganized what she could within her charge and the lands under her became moderately successful for a time. Using her knowledge from her time working within the Game, she was able to become very influential and feared within her lands and among other nobles. Despite it, she kept her lands small and didn't seek expansion. Seeing no need to, and not wanting to become a target for some of the higher nobles. She wanted to remain a small fish in a small pond.

All she built, however, was for nothing when the civil war began within the Orlesian Empire. Siding with the Empress, she was no match when Grand Duke Gaspard's forces marched through her lands and took what was hers. Barely escaping, she made way to escape Orlais as she didn't want to be persecuted by the Grand Duke's forces. While the Mage-Templar conflict didn't all that concern her during her time as a noblewoman, she soon found herself likened to the conflict though not all that involved.

In order to hide herself from Gaspard's forces, and make a life for herself, she joined up with the Shattered Blade Warband. Offering her services of when she was an assassin and her knowledge of the Game.

So... This is good, ja?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron
Personal Info: Gay male from Pennsylvania, Student of Sociology, FGC affiliated Quaker
Political Alignment: Member of the Working Families Party, Former Justice Democrat, Progressive
DISCLAIMER: My views have changed, I disavow previous posts/opinions accordingly to my changed views

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:00 pm

Sulania wrote:
Application

Name: Justine Charbonneu, formerly Lady Justine Charbonneu of the Orlesian Empire

Appearance:

Personality: Justine has the customs of Orlais in her heart, though she lacks love for it. She has invested her life into knowing the workings of the Game, but despises it. She is very good at it though, and can employ her knowledge of it if she feels like she needs to. Through it all though, she likes raising herself above others but knowing her limits and often not going beyond them. Despite her dislike of Orlesian politics, she is still pretty loyal to the Empire and its Empress, and openly despises Grand Duke Gaspard. She is very racially tolerant, given her background, and often treats Elves as equals when she can.

In religion, she's an Andrastian who holds dear to some of the core principles. She tries to what she can to follow the principles and footsteps of Andraste, and feels like she at least tries to do what's best. She is somewhat tolerant towards those of other faiths, such as the Dalish or the Tevinter Chantry. Despite this, she can be ruthless at times in dispatching opponents and doing what she feels needs to be done.

As to the Mage-Templar War, Justine believes peace is the best option. Believing both are at fault for the events leading up to the war, she wants order to be restored between the two factions and have them placed back under Chantry supervision.

Bio: Born as the bastard daughter to an Orlesian noble, Justine was the offspring of Lord Sironge Charbonneu and an Elven servent. In order to keep her identity hidden from his enemies, Lord Sironge conspired with his wife to have Justine and her mother killed before word could get out about the affair. Being in Orlais, such an affair would destroy the lord's reputation and effectively could be used to blackmail him. Only two months old, assassins were sent to kill them quietly. But, one of the assassins found it in his heart to spare the child and rescued her from death. Believing the job was carried out and his bastard daughter dead, Lord Sironge relaxed believing his position lay secure.

Raised by the Orlesian assassin and bard simply known as Leo, Justine learned the arts of assassination and the inner workings of the Game since she was young. She followed her adoptive father on most of his missions, training to become part of the Game as well. It was during one such mission, that young Justine learned of her true heritage and sought to claim what was her by birthright. Leo sought to stop her, fearing her bringing out what happened so long ago would ruin his reputation as a bard within Orlais. She was forced to kill her adoptive father, and then made way to gain what was hers.

Working with her true father's enemies, she infiltrated her aging father's inner circle while conspiring against him. It was through the old man's trust in her that she was able to gain evidence to her heritage, and thus brought to his enemies to use against him. When word got out that he had a bastard child with an Elf, the family became the laughing stock of the small realm of Orlais they inhabited. The final nail in the coffin was when she came out and proved herself as the true daughter of Lord Sironge, who had no heir due to his wife being infertile. She did so prior to his death, and with rumors circulating, he confessed to her being his daughter after being convinced of the fact that he was duped by the same girl he sought to kill so long before.

Once Lord Sironge died, Justine assumed the lands of her family with the help of her allies within the Orlesian courts. She reorganized what she could within her charge and the lands under her became moderately successful for a time. Using her knowledge from her time working within the Game, she was able to become very influential and feared within her lands and among other nobles. Despite it, she kept her lands small and didn't seek expansion. Seeing no need to, and not wanting to become a target for some of the higher nobles. She wanted to remain a small fish in a small pond.

All she built, however, was for nothing when the civil war began within the Orlesian Empire. Siding with the Empress, she was no match when Grand Duke Gaspard's forces marched through her lands and took what was hers. Barely escaping, she made way to escape Orlais as she didn't want to be persecuted by the Grand Duke's forces. While the Mage-Templar conflict didn't all that concern her during her time as a noblewoman, she soon found herself likened to the conflict though not all that involved.

In order to hide herself from Gaspard's forces, and make a life for herself, she joined up with the Shattered Blade Warband. Offering her services of when she was an assassin and her knowledge of the Game.

So... This is good, ja?

Nice. That's all I have to say.
Team Pelinal for life!

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Elerian wrote:I'll probably join this again. I'm sorry I disappeared last time but I was way to busy to continue.

Looking forward to see your character.
Team Pelinal for life!

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:02 pm

The Blazing Aura wrote:Taggity tag, get ready for an app (at some point, I'm meant to be revising atm)
also I assume only on specialization and does said specialation have to be from DAII or can it be from DAO or DAO:A?

I am assuming Dutchy wants only 1(if any)
Team Pelinal for life!

Sulania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:02 pm

Asyir wrote:
Sulania wrote:
Application

Appearance:

So... This is good, ja?

Nice. That's all I have to say.

I'm taking it you have issues with some things.

Also, is it alright if she's a half-Elf (Elf Blooded)?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Tag
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Asyir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Asyir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:05 pm

Sulania wrote:
Asyir wrote:Nice. That's all I have to say.

I'm taking it you have issues with some things.

No. It's seems fine. That was my way of accepting you(assuming I can).

I see no qualms with being a half-elf either.
Team Pelinal for life!

Sulania
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sulania » Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:09 pm

Asyir wrote:
Sulania wrote:I'm taking it you have issues with some things.

No. It's seems fine. That was my way of accepting you(assuming I can).

I see no qualms with being a half-elf either.

Alright. Just making sure.

Was a little worried about her race, and her being of nobility and such. But if you say it's okay, then okay.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
Engaged to Kalaron

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse