NATION

PASSWORD

Shadow of Vultomb - Mystery, horror - Open - OOC/Signups

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Shadow of Vultomb - Mystery, horror - Open - OOC/Signups

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:38 am

Welcome to Shadow Hunter. A Roleplay set in a dark world where shadows and shadow hunters hunt for one another. Initially, Nobody knows who the shadows and the hunters are but with guile and luck their Identity can be figured out. The shadows win if all the shadow hunters die while the shadow hunters win if the shadows die. There are some neutral characters who walk paths of their own...

The City Village of Vultomb.

Once a prosperious hub of Industry, Education and culture... now a desolate settlement. Ever since the nightmarish shadows arrived in town, people begun disappearing. Then the land was corrupted, frightening away locals, traders and travelers alike. Some of those remaining in Vultomb begun fighting the shadows. They soon realized that this evil force resides in the souls of some of their fellow citizens and that they must kill them in order to destroy the shadow within... but to kill someone in Vultomb is not an easy tasks. Those still alive in Town are without exception great warriors, mages, witches or scientists, each with their own agenda, set of weapons, traits and tricks! Only time will tell who survives...

Vultomb is divided into different districts, Each offering opportunities for the remaining locals who decide to visit them. The Districts are:

The Graveyard - Those who come here can perhaps learn something from the spirits that whisper here at night... or perhaps rob graves for valuable items

The Star Wells - Here, Wishes can be made. Those with good intentions likely come true.

The abandoned Factories - Another place where one might find useful Items... but rumor has it that danger lurks in the shadows.

Campus Of The Corrupted Mage Academy - Once a Great place to learn new magic, Now devoid of any life and hounted by dangerous creatures. Its powerful crystals however may help identify shadows and shadowhunters alike... Or perhaps spellbooks could be looted from the library.

Downtown Vultomb - The place where the remaining inhabitants live. Some Items can be found in abandoned homes or maybe clues on what the other inhabitants are up to

The White Monastery - The safest place to be in Vultomb. The spirits here will help those who reside here survive. Some Relics may also be found here.

There May be a total of 6-14 players participating in the RP
They are divided into 3 groups:

Shadow Hunters - Skilled warriors/mages... etc. who have already slain several Shadows. They are unaware of each other however. Their goal is to kill all the Shadows.

Shadows - These evil creatures seek to corrupt Vultomb. They win if every hunter dies. They are also yet unaware of each other though.

Neutrals - The neutral inhabitants have goals of their own, as of yet unknown. They can win in various circumstances (though they will not win before the shadows or the hunters win).

Game mechanics:

Aside from regular RP actions, Each RL Day characters may preform the following:
(these are the actions that matter game mechanics wise. You can do anything outside these whenever and wherever as long as it doesn't involve Injuring/killing others.)
1. Visit a location and do something there (gain items/skills (factory, campus, graveyard, Monastery, Downtown) Give HP to other players (wells) or learn info about other players (campus (campus is best place), graveyard, Downtown))
OR
2. Attack another inhabitant (Deal 2 HP damage to them).

At start of RP, Every character will have a HP limit. If the damage they recieve is equal to or exceeds their HP limit, They die and their Identity is revealed. They will also have a special ability, which they may use ONCE every 4 RL days (full moon). Using special ability does not block you from preforming other stuff and nobody knows about it (unless its special). Specials may be activated at any time it makes sense for them to be activated. TG me if their use is not obvious.

List of abilities and neutral agendas:

Ability:
1. Deal 2 HP damage to a player of your choice
2. Heal 2 HP to a player of your choice
3. Plant fake clue about you (which will mislead others about your identity)
4. Reveal Your true Identity before everyone and regain full HP (this one is special, 1-time use ability)
5. Block a district from being visited by anyone for the next day
6. Force someone to visit a district and decide what they do there (you can also force yourself to create confusion).
7. Resurrect one character (another special, one time use ability. Can be used right after the character dies, before their identity is revealed).
8. Learn everything someone else learns on the day this ability is used.

More later.

Now the App:

Public Part
Code: Select all
Name:
Appearance:
Traits: (like good archer, wizard, alchemist...)
Bio:
Likelyhood to leave RP for some reason (low, mid, high,):

Secret Part (TG TO MEEEE!!)
Code: Select all
Preferred Alignment(s): (Neutral, Shadow, Hunter,)
Preferred Special Ability: (list several, one will be given)

Sorry for them grammar, Spellcheck out of order 4 some reason.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:47 am, edited 7 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:25 am

Maybe this wasn't such a good Idea

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Founded: May 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:41 am

I'm here! Definitely interested.
Empire of Donner land wrote:EHEG don't stop for no one.
It's like your a prostitute and the RP is a truck. The truck don't stop.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:51 am

Excelent!
Perhaps we could change the name of the town if Vultomb seems silly

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:01 am

Harkback Union wrote:Excelent!

One thing we might want to change is to make it less turn-based. One big thing I've found in the nationstates community is that people like to make their characters interact, and they can't do that if it's too turn based. It is still fine to define whe the day ends and such, but people want a lot of freedom.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:28 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:Excelent!

One thing we might want to change is to make it less turn-based. One big thing I've found in the nationstates community is that people like to make their characters interact, and they can't do that if it's too turn based. It is still fine to define whe the day ends and such, but people want a lot of freedom.

Well, Its only the game mechanic part that is turn based. Outside that, you can do whatever whenever.

The GAmeTopians
Powerbroker

Postby The GAmeTopians » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:45 am

Harkback Union wrote:
The GAmeTopians wrote:One thing we might want to change is to make it less turn-based. One big thing I've found in the nationstates community is that people like to make their characters interact, and they can't do that if it's too turn based. It is still fine to define whe the day ends and such, but people want a lot of freedom.

Well, Its only the game mechanic part that is turn based. Outside that, you can do whatever whenever.

True. That was just one thing I saw that might endup being a problem, other than that I don't really understand the story.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:55 am

The GAmeTopians wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

True. That was just one thing I saw that might endup being a problem, other than that I don't really understand the story.

Where... There is little story to be had. There is this Magic city which was attacked by shadows. Nobody knows what the shadows want but they keep corrupting the land and consuming souls so most people ran away. Those few who remained now are either mortal forms of the shadows, People hunting for the shadows or locals who don't mind the shadows around.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:47 pm

Though if someone comes up with a better background story, I'm all for it! Just leave the game mechanics intact.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:48 pm

I was here for your other failed attempt at an rp (the 5 players vs 5 players one), I'll be here for this one to.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:49 pm

New Abrahammia wrote:I was here for your other failed attempt at an rp (the 5 players vs 5 players one), I'll be here for this one to.

Oh yea, The DOTA one. This one is less like that and more like Mafia, Clue or Werewolf game where you have to deduct who is the evil.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:53 pm

We could also rename the RP to something that makes more sense.

Josh Beaty
Diplomat

Founded: May 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Josh Beaty » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:03 pm

I haven't roleplayed in a while, but this has piqued my interest. Let me consider it and get back to you. TG me if you have any questions.

I do only get on maybe once or twice a day, though.

I suppose I have a quick question. How much freedom do the characters have to learn details and how quickly will information be revealed about the problem with the shadows?
I am Butterfingers. Here me squeak!

Yoite wrote:
Thafoo wrote:What's that, chair?

He says you never wanted him until he was gone.

I never wanted him at all, that one's off his rocker.

Send all roleplay comments, questions, and chatter to Untamed Shadow.

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Name: Ronald Lincoln
Appearance: Face is like Freddy Kruger's except with Stalin's mustache.
Traits: A good wizard
Bio: Ronald Lincoln used to be a normal, boring, average Joe, until he wasn't. He decided to stop being boring by reading The Book of Magic that no one dared to read. When he boasted that he would do so, the townspeople cried "No! Don't do it!"
"It's so boring!"
"I couldn't get past the first paragraph without falling asleep!" But Ronald didn't listen. He was so tolerant of boredom, he could make it through 5 seconds of 'King Of The Hill' before shoving his face in a barrel of acid to make something happen. He opened up the book of magic, and boy, was it boring. He fell asleep so often reading the first 5 pages, he grew a mustache like Stalin's in his sleep. After 10 years, he finally finished the book. It was very educational, but his schedule was 'sleep, read, sleep, read' for that whole 10 years. Luckily, his mum brought him sandwiches and water for all that time, so he never went hungry. He would have needed serious physical therapy by the time he finished the book, but the book taught him how to make himself hover and telekinesis, so he wouldn't need all that. Once he emerged from his house, he was surrounded by people who applauded him for his ability to read The Book of Magic.
Likelyhood to leave rp: low-mid

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Josh Beaty wrote:I haven't roleplayed in a while, but this has piqued my interest. Let me consider it and get back to you. TG me if you have any questions.

I do only get on maybe once or twice a day, though.

I suppose I have a quick question. How much freedom do the characters have to learn details and how quickly will information be revealed about the problem with the shadows?

Well, you have all the freedom when it comes to Minor details. Anything can be cooked up, as long as it doesn't interfere with the game mechanics. Say, You can't learn that someone is a shadow outside the game mechanics. You can however stumble upon an old diary that contains creepy stories about the time the shadows first showed up... or something like that.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:20 pm

New Abrahammia wrote:Name: Ronald Lincoln
Appearance: Face is like Freddy Kruger's except with Stalin's mustache.
Traits: A good wizard
Bio: Ronald Lincoln used to be a normal, boring, average Joe, until he wasn't. He decided to stop being boring by reading The Book of Magic that no one dared to read. When he boasted that he would do so, the townspeople cried "No! Don't do it!"
"It's so boring!"
"I couldn't get past the first paragraph without falling asleep!" But Ronald didn't listen. He was so tolerant of boredom, he could make it through 5 seconds of 'King Of The Hill' before shoving his face in a barrel of acid to make something happen. He opened up the book of magic, and boy, was it boring. He fell asleep so often reading the first 5 pages, he grew a mustache like Stalin's in his sleep. After 10 years, he finally finished the book. It was very educational, but his schedule was 'sleep, read, sleep, read' for that whole 10 years. Luckily, his mum brought him sandwiches and water for all that time, so he never went hungry. He would have needed serious physical therapy by the time he finished the book, but the book taught him how to make himself hover and telekinesis, so he wouldn't need all that. Once he emerged from his house, he was surrounded by people who applauded him for his ability to read The Book of Magic.
Likelyhood to leave rp: low-mid

Great! The first app!
Don't forget about the secret part... unless you want to get random abilites and such.
By the way, All apps are accepted unless stated otherwise.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:28 pm

Curious. Will look at later.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:10 pm

Tag. It'd be cool if we could organise a Town Of Salem like game.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Its pretty much like town of salem.

New Galosia
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Galosia » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Name: William Carter
Appearance: six feet tall, mutton chops, googles and a trench coat
Traits: Adventurer
Bio: William is your typical adventurer always looking for an adventure to get himself into. Always finding trouble and causing fights wherever he goes and is short tempered anything could set him off and always finds a way to get drunk
Likelyhood to leave RP for some reason (low, mid, high,): Low

(Please tell me if I need to edit anything and will edit as soon as I can.)

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:45 pm

New Galosia wrote:Name: William Carter
Appearance: six feet tall, mutton chops, googles and a trench coat
Traits: Adventurer
Bio: William is your typical adventurer always looking for an adventure to get himself into. Always finding trouble and causing fights wherever he goes and is short tempered anything could set him off and always finds a way to get drunk
Likelyhood to leave RP for some reason (low, mid, high,): Low

(Please tell me if I need to edit anything and will edit as soon as I can.)

Everything seems to be in order.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:23 am

We got 2 signups so far. Not quiet enough...

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:38 am

Why don't you signup? That way, there will be 3.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:03 pm

New Abrahammia wrote:Why don't you signup? That way, there will be 3.

Not gonna work. I'll have to Manage the game!

New Abrahammia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Abrahammia » Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:05 pm

So you're not going to play you're own game?

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse