NATION

PASSWORD

Pine Creek Stables (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Pine Creek Stables (IC)

Postby Terintania » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:28 pm

Sunday, September 7th, 2014
The sun shone over Pine Creek Stables, and many kids were hurrying to the stable to take advantage of the second day of the weakened, though some were stuck with starting school today. But for most, it was the perfect day for horseback riding.

(Drake)
Drake had arrived at the school early in the morning to spend some time with Midnight Shadowplay before going to his new school, Blake Holsey High, with his siblings. He was brushing Midnight, making his coat nice and shiny. "I won't be able to spend as much time with you from now on," He said, caressing Midnight's velvety muzzle. The horse snorted, shaking his head and nuzzling Drake. "I know, I'll miss you too, but I'll still be able to visit, and I want to see what highschool is like, and make more friends. The school's not far away at all, so I can come visit at lunch breaks and stuff, don't worry."
Midnight bobbed his head, then pressed it to Drake's torso, almost like a cuddle. Drake chuckled and pet him, then put his arms around his neck, giving him a big hug. "See you soon, buddy. And remember, I still work here so you don't have to worry about me leaving," He teased, kissing him on the muzzle before heading out of the stall. He needed to get home in time to shower before heading to school. Luckily, he lived on the other side of the forest in the back of the stable, so he could just cut through there.

(Slater)
Slater was sitting in Tornado's stall, bottle-feeding the little foal. Tornado's mother had died giving birth to him, so since they didn't have another horse who could take over the motherly feeding, the staff and students had to feed him. Slater enjoyed his time feeding the sweet little foal, and enjoyed watching the students get a chance at it, as well, though obviously the students had to be supervised. Not only was it fun to do and watch, but it was good for Tornado to get all the socialization, as well.

He smiled as Tornado decided he'd had enough and pulled away, his lips covered with milk before he cutely lick it off. He bounced around a bit, then nuzzled Slater, who glanced at his watch. "I've got a half an hour before I need to get back to work," He said, laying in the corner of the stall, making a pillow out of a pile of hay. He wasn't worried about laying in crap, because he'd just cleaned the stall. Tornado laid down next to him, resting his head on Slater's chest. They both lay there, snuggling, and Tornado dozed off, while Slater closed his eyes for a quick nap with the foal before he had to get back to work.
Times are looking grim these days~

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Maisie
Maisie sat in the back of her parents car, a big bright smile on her face as they were driving towards the stables, the turn off to the place being only a few more minutes down the road. She stared out of the window of the car excitedly as the countryside flashed by the windows, her radiate and cheerful personality making her parents happy as well. They loved to see her so excited and happy. Yeah, sure, she was always happy, but this was more so than normal. It was completely worth it to go here just to see their daughters happy, excited face, which became increasingly excited as they got closer and closer to their turn off.

"We're here!" Maisie exclaimed excitedly as soon as they turned onto the drive up to Pine Creek Stables, her knowing they were there for, one, the fact they turned off of the main road, and for two, the fact the sign said so. "We're here!" She exclaimed again, practically bouncing in her seat with excitement now. It seemed like she was going to burst out of the car before they even got down the road to the outside of the stables at this rate. The parents chuckled again, letting her excitement build up as they would pull up outside of the stables.

As soon as they stopped, Maisie unfastened her seat belt and gathered her things that she needed for her first lesson, which was her riding gloves and her riding helmet, plus her cellphone, which she made sure was off so she didn't end up causing any problems. She was already wearing some appropriate riding boots, and even sorta dressed the part. Until she needed to replace her hat with her riding helmet, anyway. She hopped up and opened up the car door, excitedly jumping out of the car with her helmet and gloves held between her arms. She glanced around the place real quick, before turning back to her parents.

"My dreams get to come true today! I love you guys!" Maisie said cheerfully, hugging her dad as he hopped out of the car, giving him little warning, which he just chuckled at because he was used to her behaviors like that. He patted her on the back, saying "I love you too, sweetie", followed by the same happening to the mom as she came around the car, and the same I live you back to their daughter.

"Now you go on ahead. You know we got everything arranged earlier, so you should be good to go now, and I know that you can handle yourself" Dad said, putting a hand on her shoulder. "We will see you in a few hours. Call us when you're ready to come home" He said, and smiled lightly, "if that will be ever", which got a giggle out of her. They all had one more departing hug, before she darted off towards the stables after giving them a wave goodbye. The parents smiled warmly, hopping into the car and driving away.

Maisie headed straight into the stables part of the place itself, and walked through it slowly, glancing around, checking out the place to see what it was like and at the same time sorta looking for someone more "official" that she could talk to, or would talk to her, to explain to her where exactly she should go and what she should do. She wasn't feeling that nervous or shy at all about being here alone with no parental guidance. In fact, it didn't bother her at all to have no parental guidance, because she was good with that kind of thing. Though she had a feeling she'd be nervous about the riding lesson itself. She wasn't in a hurry to find anyone, either, enjoying looking around at the inside of the stable in the meantime while keeping an eye out for someone who looked more official

Sharlyn
Sharlyn had been pacing around for a while, waiting for her best friend, Jason to arrive. She really wanted to hang out with her friend today, and she was getting antsy about it, despite the fact she had arrived here early so it wasn't all that surprising that he might not be around yet. Though at the same time she couldn't help but worry that she was acting like an overly obsessed friend pacing back and forth waiting impatiently for them to arrive. But having her friend around just made her days here all the better, and today having her friend around sounded even better than usual for some reason.

After a while, she stopped pacing, and decided to go sit on the stairs to the hay loft, almost at the very top, where the hay itself was, thinking heavily to herself. But she was snapped out of her thoughts at the sight of a new girl she didn't recognize. She looked rather cutely dressed, and gave off an aura of a cheerful personality without doing much. The girl appeared to be a little lost, though, and she thought about going and helping the girl find her way around, but it looked like she was fascinated by exploring, anyway, so she left the girl be. And it was only a matter of time before she would run across some staff member, anyway, and they would likely help her. So she remained where she was, waiting for and keeping an eye out for Jason showing up.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:50 am

Evelyn could hear Blue banging around in the trailer, whinnying. He hated trailers. She had wanted to ride in the trailer with him, but her mom had refused, saying it was too dangerous. Finally, she spotted the driveway for the stable. As her mom turned down the driveway, Blue's banging increased. He wanted out.

Her mom parked the car, and Evelyn got out to open up the back of the trailer. She needed to get a blue out of the trailer before he injured himself. "Don't go in there with him. Wait until he calms down." Evelyn's mom shouted.
"If I wait, he'll get hurt. He's not going to calm down. He'll keep fighting until he dies. He won't give up until he's free, even if he has to die to get there."
She didn't wait for her mom's response. She walked into the trailer carefully, whispering, "it's okay, Blue. I'm going to get you out. Soon." He seemed to calm down a bit at the sound of her voice, but she still had to dodge the big bay horse's hooves as he kicked at the walls. She knew he didn't want to hurt her. He was just scared. She managed to untie him, and his hooves clattered on the ramp as he gratefully backed out of the trailer. Once he was out, she checked over his legs and body for injuries. He seemed fine. She realized she had no idea where his stall was, so she just stood there, feeling lost.
Call me Jake or Jay| Pronouns: he/him/his
HYDRA PFC | The Chaos Brigade PFC

Never let them take the light behind your eyes - My Chemical Romance

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 am

Max looked at his watch, realizing it was about time for the first student of the day, Maisie, to arrive. Looking out his office window, he saw Maisie standing outside, and a trailer driving up, which what appeared to be a very angry horse inside. He hoped the owners knew how to take the proper precautions to protect their horse, such as leg wraps. Getting up, he headed out of his office, and out the door, greeting both of the girls. "Good morning," He said to them, gesturing Evelyn closer with her horse. "You must be Maisie," He said to Maisie,"And you're Evelyn right? The girl who wanted to board her horse here?" He shook their hands, or at least offered to," Both of you, follow me. Maisie, we'll find Slater, your teacher, and Evelyn, I'll show you to your stall." With that no-nonsense greeting, he headed in to the stable, and was making his way past the left stalls when he stopped and did a double take, before chuckling. "Found your teacher," He said, pointing in the stall to where Slater was fast asleep with the head of a cute little foal on his chest. "Slater," He called gently. Slater's eyes opened, and he blinked blearily. "Your student is here."
Slater looked at Masie and Evelyn, "Hey. Thanks Max. I guess I lost track of time." He carefully moved Tornado's head off of him, getting up and picking up the bottle he'd been feeding the foal with, so it didn't just get left in there. "I'm Slater. Nice to meet you both," He said, offering both of his hands for handshakes. "If you two want to hang out with Tornado for a bit, I can take your horse to it's stall," He said to Evelyn.

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:16 am

"I'd rather take him to his stall myself. He's not really used to other people." Evelyn said. She wasn't ready to leave Blue, and she didn't quite trust the others with him. She was used to being alone, her and Blue against the world. Other people didn't usually want to talk to her. She wasn't used to other people any more than Blue was.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:59 am

"That would be me!" Maisie said cheerfully, clearly excited about today. Her normal cheerfulness was amp'd up to 11 today. Her first guess was that this must be the head off the stables, though she wasn't entirely certain of that. She couldn't figure out what else he would be. To the other girl, Evelyn, she gave a quick happy wave to, but focused mostly on Max right now because he told the both of them to follow him after figuring out their names and the whole situation going on with who was doing what. Which didn't seem to take long for him to figure out. And when he put out his hand to shake, she shook it firmly, smiling warmly, saying "Nice to meet you!", and then following Max to this teacher of hers, Slater.

As they headed off into the stables, for her again since she had wandered inside and then back out, the man in charge seemed to take a double take, and then chuckle about something, saying that he had found her teacher. Raising an eyebrow, she headed over to the stall that he was pointing towards, and heaved herself up onto the side of it to get a proper view, because while she could see inside, she was short, so she was at a bit of a disadvantage. As soon as she saw what was going on, her mouth fell open.

"Aaaaaaaawww, it's so adorable!" Maisie exclaimed, but her voice was still low, not wanting to scare or disturb the foal too much. And the sight with someone snuggled up with the foal just made it all the more adorable. She hated to ruin the scene, but the man was on a job, so he had to do what he had to do. She smiled warmly at Slater when he got up and came over to offer a handshake, and she realized her teacher was also kinda cute, like the foal was. Though of course her thinking the boy was cute was a different kind of cute than the foal. This might be interesting! Don't make a fool of yourself Maisie! She exclaimed to herself in her head. It took her longer than she had meant to to take his offered hand, because she had been talking to herself in her head, but once she did, she gave him a firm handshake, smiling warmly again, erasing any bit of weirdness with sticking your hand out and having nobody shake your hand.

"My name is Maisie! Nice to meet you, Slater!" Maisie said cheerfully, smiling from ear to ear constantly, just giving off a vibrant aurora of happiness and cheerfulness. "I wanna hang out!" She said excitedly. This day was already better than she had expected it to be, and she had expected it to be amazing! And she hadn't even started the best part yet: Riding!
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:12 am

Max watched the scene, smiling at Maisie's hyperness and cheerfulness, he just had to point one thing out. "Try not to yell too much in the stable. You have to remember that this is the horse's home," He said with a gentle smile.

Slater nodded to both Maisie and Evelyn. "Alright. Max, I know you've got a lot of work to do. Why don't you go do that while I show...." He paused, and Max said,"Evelyn."
"While I show Evelyn to her horse' stall?"
Max glanced at Maisie, but before he could say anything, Slater cut in,"Maisie'll be fine on her own, she won't hurt Tornado."
Max nodded. He had long sense learned to trust Slater's ability to read people. "If either of you have questions, I'm sure Slater will take care of it, but if not, I'll be in my office, which is right by the front doors." With that, he headed off.

Slater headed out of the stall,"Go ahead and hang out a bit before your lesson, Maisie. Remember, Tornado is very young, so he can be a bit fragile. I don't think you could hurt him, though, just, you know, be gentle." With that, he turned to Evelyn," Your stall is this way," He said, turning on his heel and leading her down the line of stalls to an empty one, "You can put him in there. Do you have any questions?"

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:21 am

Evelyn followed Slater to the empty stall. "Thanks. Where should I put his brushes and tack?"
She led him into the stall and removed his blue shipping boots, then took off his halter. He nudged her expectantly. "I haven't got anything for you right now, but there's some carrots in the car. I'll bring them to you when I come back," she whispered. She left the stall, making sure the door was latched, and hung the halter and lead rope on the hook on the door.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:38 am

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:Evelyn followed Slater to the empty stall. "Thanks. Where should I put his brushes and tack?"
She led him into the stall and removed his blue shipping boots, then took off his halter. He nudged her expectantly. "I haven't got anything for you right now, but there's some carrots in the car. I'll bring them to you when I come back," she whispered. She left the stall, making sure the door was latched, and hung the halter and lead rope on the hook on the door.

"The tack room is just down the hall," Slater said, pointing down the hall,"And to the left. You can put your stuff in there. There's some labels that you can write your or your horse's name on, and put it on your tack box and above your tack and whatnot. There's also some treats in there, as well." He took a clipboard from beside the stall,"This is where you put all the feeding information. If you can't make it to take care of your horse one day or whatever, I'll take care of the feeding, but I need to know what he eats, or if he's got any specific medical stuff I need to be aware of."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:45 am

"Okay!" Maisie said, not really yelling, just being cheerful. "I will try and tone myself down a notch, if that is possible" She giggled lightly, smiling warmly. She didn't really think of herself as yelling, though she figured it was more said as a precaution with her personality type than really truly saying she was yelling. But either way, she would try and keep herself toned down in the future while being in the barn, because she didn't want her personality itself startling or disturbing the horses or anything.

"I wouldn't even think about hurting such a cute little thing" Maisie reassured Max, understanding his concerns with a new student that he didn't really know beyond her being hyper and happy all the time. Well, she guessed that he had some concerns, based off of the glances and the topics that were brought up. To what Max said before heading off, she gave a simple nod of her head at what he said, then nodded to Slater. "I will be as careful as I can" She reassured him, helping reassure him with a smile.

As they left, she put her things on a bench or something (If there was one), so she could visit the horse without holding her things. She took her hat off as well, putting it on top of everything. Carefully, in case the horse was uneasy about it or wanted to barge out for some reason, she opened the stall door, and slipped herself into it through the tiny opening, then stuck her hand out to the foal, getting down low to avoid possibly startling the little foal with her "height". As short and small as she was, that didn't mean that the horse felt the same in that regard.

"Hey little guy. I'm not gonna hurt you" Maisie said gently, keeping her hand out like she was letting a cat or dog sniff her first, checking to make sure she wasn't a threat. She hoped that the foal, assuming that it would probably have stirred into an awake state at this point, would come over to her and let her pet it, but she was fine with whatever the foal ended up feeling comfortable doing. if it didn't come over to her, she would just approach it slowly and carefully.
My Last.FM and RYM

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:24 pm

"Thanks. I'll make sure to get his feeding information on that before I leave." Evelyn said. She walked back out to the car to get her tack. She left the shipping boots in the car and grabbed her saddle, pads, and bridle. She stuck the saddle on an empty rack and the bridle on a hook next to it and scribbled her name on some labels, sticking them above her tack. She put the pads of top of the saddle and returned to the car to grab her brushes and the carrots she had promised Blue. She groomed Blue quickly and then offered him a couple carrots. He ate them happily. Nudging at her for more. "Not now, silly. You'll get fat if you eat too many." She hugged the horse, then went to fill out the card with the amount of hay and grain he ate and put the brushes away.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:"Thanks. I'll make sure to get his feeding information on that before I leave." Evelyn said. She walked back out to the car to get her tack. She left the shipping boots in the car and grabbed her saddle, pads, and bridle. She stuck the saddle on an empty rack and the bridle on a hook next to it and scribbled her name on some labels, sticking them above her tack. She put the pads of top of the saddle and returned to the car to grab her brushes and the carrots she had promised Blue. She groomed Blue quickly and then offered him a couple carrots. He ate them happily. Nudging at her for more. "Not now, silly. You'll get fat if you eat too many." She hugged the horse, then went to fill out the card with the amount of hay and grain he ate and put the brushes away.

When Maisie game in, Tornado snorted and bobbed his head. When she crouched down and put her hand out, she probably wouldn't even have had time to say that she wasn't going to hurt him before he trotted up to her and headbutted her sweetly with his head. He was clearly well socialized, and trusting. He pushed her with his nose, then nibbled her hair a bit, clearly hyper after his short nap.

Slater gave a nod,"Alright. If you need anything else, just ask any of the staff. I better get to my lesson. I'll see you around," He said, giving a wave, before heading off down the hall and back to Tornado's stall, where he just quietly stood and watched for a bit, so he didn't disturb them.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:29 pm

"Aww" Maisie said when the little foal known as Tornado quickly came over to her before she even finished what she had been saying. She scratched his little cute head, smiling the whole time. When he started pushing her lightly with his nose, and nibbling her hair, she giggled, finding the little thing so adorable. "You're so adorable!" She said cheerfully. She wasn't aware that Slater was nearby, watching them, because she was so focused on the cuteness. "But I'm not food! And I'm sorry, I didn't bring anything for you to snack on, either" She said, smiling warmly and petting the foal. She was clearly very good with the little guy. Very slow and gentle, despite her hyper cheerfulness. And very patient with any of its possible pushy baby animal mannerisms.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Corrian wrote:"Aww" Maisie said when the little foal known as Tornado quickly came over to her before she even finished what she had been saying. She scratched his little cute head, smiling the whole time. When he started pushing her lightly with his nose, and nibbling her hair, she giggled, finding the little thing so adorable. "You're so adorable!" She said cheerfully. She wasn't aware that Slater was nearby, watching them, because she was so focused on the cuteness. "But I'm not food! And I'm sorry, I didn't bring anything for you to snack on, either" She said, smiling warmly and petting the foal. She was clearly very good with the little guy. Very slow and gentle, despite her hyper cheerfulness. And very patient with any of its possible pushy baby animal mannerisms.

Tornado gave a cute little neigh, then bobbed his head and bounced around his stall, before heading over to the door and staring up at Slater, who was just watching them and letting them hang out. "Are you ready for your lesson?" He asked Maisie

(Molly)
Molly hopped out of her parent's car when they arrived at the riding school, and her parents followed suit. "Why don't you explore and meet some people? We'll find the stable owner and take Bear to his stall," Her mom said, giving her a kiss on the head. Molly nodded, grinning, then watched as her dad took Bear out of the trailer, before darting off to find someone to talk to. The first person she came across was Evelyn. "Hi!" She said excitedly. "Pretty horse," She said, referring to Blue.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Maisie giggled some more at Tornado neighing and bobbing his head around, finding it so cute and adorable when he did. "I live little baby animals!" She said cheerfully, finding all baby animals to be super cute and adorable in some way or other. She noticed the foal looking towards the door of the stall, and he headed over there. She turned her head up to see Slater there watching them, and she was a bit surprised, because she hadn't heard him approach or had any knowing of him being right there. Other than a bit of a look of surprise to see him there, she didn't say much, though, because he quickly asked her a question.

"I'm not sure anymore" Maisie giggled, standing up and brushing some hay off of her pants. "He's so adorable" She said, walking towards the door of the stall, but not opening it or anything because she wasn't dumb to risk that while the foal was right there, and well, Slater was kinda there. She turned her head to stare at the cuteness for a bit more, then turned her head back to face Slater and nodded her head. "Yeah, yeah, I'm ready" She told him, looking excited again for her lesson, her face lighting up.
My Last.FM and RYM

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:47 am

Evelyn was surprised when Molly spoke to her. She was so used to being avoided she was surprised whenever anyone talked to her. Maybe things would be different here than where she used to live. "Thanks. Do you have a horse?"

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:21 pm

Slater laughed when Maisie said she wasn't sure anymore, then checked his watch. "You can hang out with him more after the lesson. I hate to be all like 'oh you have to do this now', but we kind of have a schedule, so...Yeah," He said, seeming to genuinely feel bad about that fact. He carefully opened the door so she could come out, watching Tornado carefully and ready to catch him if he came out. "Your school horse is on the other side of the stable."

(Molly)
"Yeah. His name is Bear, and he's really big, but he's the sweetest and mellowest horse you could ask for," Molly said, smiling. "How long have you been here?" She asked, apparently being the curious type. While talking to Evelyn, she wondered where Bear was going to be stalled, and if her parents had found the owner of the stable yet.

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:57 am

(Evelyn)
"I'd love to see him sometime. I've been here for about..." She looked at her watch, "an hour now, maybe. Took me forever to find everything." She realized she should be going soon, but she wasn't ready to leave yet. She was happy to be having a conversation with someone who didn't hate her.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:13 pm

"No, it's fine! Having a structured environment can be good, and I want to do the class. I've been looking forward to this day for years!" Maisie said, again not like, yelling or anything, just sounding excited which deserves exclamation marks to get her personalities point across or something. She scratched the foals nose real quick, then as soon as he opened the door a little, she quickly slipped out of the pen so the horse had little to no time to attempt an escape, then giggled when she was out because she found the whole escaping a foal thing humorous. "I'll be back later little guy!" She promised the little foal while peaking over the door into the pen, her head rested on the door for a bit before she turned around to face Slater.

"Show me the way! I'm ready!" Maisie said cheerfully, smiling brightly.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:47 pm

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:(Evelyn)
"I'd love to see him sometime. I've been here for about..." She looked at her watch, "an hour now, maybe. Took me forever to find everything." She realized she should be going soon, but she wasn't ready to leave yet. She was happy to be having a conversation with someone who didn't hate her.

"I would show you to him, but I don't know where he is. Maybe we can go find him," She suggested, seeming happy to have a 'friend', even though she just met her. "I bet someone could give you a map or something. Or give instructions.I don't know. Maybe once I learn the place,I can draw you a map," She giggled.

(Slater)
"For years?" Slater asked, smiling,"Long time horse fan, are you?" He said, leading her down the hall to Sandy's stall. "This is Sandy. She'll be your school horse for your time as a beginner, until either you upgrade, or get your own horse. She's very mellow and sweet." he went in to the stall and clipped a lead rope to Sandy's halter, then handed the rope to Maisie,"Walk on her left side, and follow me." He lead the way to the area you go to to tack up the horse.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:04 pm

"Uh huh. I've been reading magazines and catalogs and reading about horses for years now, and I fell in love! But I haven't actually done much actual horse related stuff other than watch them from a distance. But I've been wanting to for years, and now I get to! My parents are awesome" Maisie smiled brightly at her comment about her parents, showing that she clearly loved them dearly. She followed Slater to the stall, managing to be relatively quiet the whole way there without finding something else to get all giddy and cheery about. Until she saw her horse, anyway, and realized she was about to ride it. That made her happy and nervous. "Aw, she's so cute!" She said, her face lighting up. She watched Slater clip the rope to her, then hand her the rope, and for a moment she hesitated, just because she wasn't sure if she should be in charge, but in the end took it after a few seconds, figuring that she was supposed to get used to this stuff, anyway. When he told her to walk on the left side of the horse, she nodded, and moved over to that side after getting the horse out of the stall, then led the horse towards the tacking area, following Slater, and saying various different things to the horse while she did.
My Last.FM and RYM

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Corrian wrote:"Uh huh. I've been reading magazines and catalogs and reading about horses for years now, and I fell in love! But I haven't actually done much actual horse related stuff other than watch them from a distance. But I've been wanting to for years, and now I get to! My parents are awesome" Maisie smiled brightly at her comment about her parents, showing that she clearly loved them dearly. She followed Slater to the stall, managing to be relatively quiet the whole way there without finding something else to get all giddy and cheery about. Until she saw her horse, anyway, and realized she was about to ride it. That made her happy and nervous. "Aw, she's so cute!" She said, her face lighting up. She watched Slater clip the rope to her, then hand her the rope, and for a moment she hesitated, just because she wasn't sure if she should be in charge, but in the end took it after a few seconds, figuring that she was supposed to get used to this stuff, anyway. When he told her to walk on the left side of the horse, she nodded, and moved over to that side after getting the horse out of the stall, then led the horse towards the tacking area, following Slater, and saying various different things to the horse while she did.

"It's sad how many people love horses, but either can't afford to ride them, or their parents or something won't let them. Everyone deserves the companionship of a horse," Slater said, grinning at her excitement. Once they got to the tacking place, he took the rope from her and tied Sandy up. "I'll tack her up this time, and then next lesson you can try. Just watch carefully," He said, tacking up Sandy and making sure that Maisie could see what he was doing. Once he was done, he lead Sandy in to the indoor ring, where there was a stepping stool Maisie could use to mount up. "Ok, now put your foot in the stirrup, and swing your other leg over her back."

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:07 am

Maisie nodded in agreement. "Restrictive parents are so annoying. I understand being concerned about your child's safety, but come on! If you can afford it, it's your child's dream! Let them do what they want, not what you think they should do or what you do!" She exclaimed, though more in a frustrated way at parents like that than shouting. "I feel so lucky to have awesome parents! I just wish everyone could have the parents that I have!" She said, falling silent since shortly later they arrived to the tacking up place. She looked around, seeming excited again after her excitement had briefly calmed down. She gave the rope to Slater when it looked like he was reaching out for it to take it from her, then nodded to what he said, watching intently and moving around to make sure she was getting a good view of him tacking Sandy up. From just watching, she was pretty sure she got the gist of it, though she already felt like she pretty much knew what she was doing from reading too many horse related things.

As they headed toward the indoor ring, Maisie followed, and when she stepped into the indoor ring, she had a mix of excitement and a bit of nervousness at the reality of the fact she was seriously about to mount a horse. Though she told herself to push her nervousness back, knowing that horses could be bothered by that. Though she doubted that this horse got bothered by it. Listening to what he said, she nodded her head lightly, and took a moment to prepare herself, stepping onto the stool that was put out for her, which was probably a good thing for her right now, especially with her height. She put her foot into the stirrup, then grabbed onto the horn of the saddle or whatever it's called, heaving herself up onto the horse and swinging her leg over the horse, and slipping her foot into the other stirrup. Of course, before she got on, she was smart and put her helmet on, and also her riding gloves, giving off a cute little smile when she did put her helmet on (Okay, okay, I can't help but mentally imagine her looking kind of adorable with her helmet on and smiling how she does, so I had to do that). With a slightly nervous smile down to Slater, she said "Okay, I'm ready", holding onto the reins and looking forwards.
My Last.FM and RYM

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse