NATION

PASSWORD

The Trigger: Forlorn Bastion (REBOOT; OOC; OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

The Trigger: Forlorn Bastion (REBOOT; OOC; OPEN)

Postby Cylarn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 am

The Trigger: Forlorn Bastion

Known as “The Trigger” throughout West-Central Africa due to its position in Africa and its violent past, the peninsular nation of Zembala is embroiled in a decade-long civil war, between the Christian majority and the Muslim minority in the African nation. The majority of the nation’s seven million-strong population has been affected, with almost 1.3 million casualties so far, and many more displaced by the conflict. 4 coups, 1 revolution, independence from Great Britain, and battles with “killer” wildlife pale in comparison to this current civil war, which has caught the attention of the international community, with the African Union sending both a military observer mission and a small peacekeeping force, and NGOs sending in their own personnel to establish refugee camps to help displaced persons, even as war rages on between Christian-aligned government forces and their respective militias, and the Muslim-dominated rebel forces and their Jihadist allies.

“The Oasis” was supposed to be the crown jewel of the AU’s refugee camps, representing their commitment to protecting and sheltering both Christian and Muslim refugees by providing them with shelter, medical care, and defense from conflict. Great on paper, but the execution was poor. Allocation of personnel and resources - coupled with the absence of any sort of separation between the Muslim and Christian refugees - the largest refugee camp in Western Zembala wasn’t the symbol of success that the AU was hoping for. If you have even the most rudimentary understanding of peacekeeping operations or any sort of large-scale operation, you know well that a lack of sufficient personnel, an inefficient amount of supplies, and inefficient understanding of a situation will lead to a major headache.

Not really surprising, but the large influx of over 50,000 Christian and Muslim refugees into a camp designed to house a maximum of 25,000 people would lead to a problem by itself, and the AU was forced to accommodate these refugees by establishing more tent shelters for the refugees and expanding the camp, which gave way to the creation of shantytowns by the refugees. A 250-strong company of AU peacekeepers from Zimbabwe, South Africa, Egypt, Kenya, Liberia, and Nigeria, plus 500 civilian workers from the AU and various international NGOs could not prevent the arrival of the civil war into Oasis. Various Christian and Muslim gangs began to form, followed up by infiltration of the camp by belligerents and enterprising criminals, and the violence began to break out. In addition to the wounds of war, the Oasis staff had to combat criminals, disease, drug addiction, and other plagues in what was supposed to be a bastion in the war-torn African nation.

In response to the ever-growing violence inside of Oasis, more personnel began to show up to Oasis, in order to reinforce the camp. This is where our story begins, with the arrival of a new force of doctors, nurses, psychiatrists, private security professionals, aid workers, and others came to Oasis, with the intent of providing backup to Oasis. The only problem: Oasis isn’t your typical refugee camp.

As you can see here, this RP is a hodge-podge of several different genres, namely the war, crime, drama, action, and realistic fiction dramas. Of course, Zembala and the entire peninsula are worked of fiction, created by myself upon the advice of the P2TM Mentors, of which I would like to thank for their input and guidance that led me from opening a nasty can of worms. You might have guessed that I have borrowed heavily from many real-world incidents that have/are occurred/occurring worldwide.

You might have guessed, but those with a weak stomach or heart might not find this RP to be very appealing. For those of you who have experienced situations similar to the ones portrayed in this RP, I deeply apologize if this RP opens any psychological wounds that you have suffered. Those of you under the age of 13 are also advised not to join this RP, due to its content. Even if you are 13 or older, this RP is more "suitable" for experienced RP'ers who are aged 16 and older. I will do my best to not make this RP into something akin to a snuff film with in-depth and grisly scenes of violence, but nor will I heavily whitewash the content.

I also ask that you RP your character to the best of your ability. I am choosing not to restrict military characters, but foreign special forces like Spetsnaz or Delta Force are not going to be featured unless I say so. That being said, characters with extensive special forces backgrounds should be kept to a minimum, as the special forces communities of the world are not very large. I also expect everyone who participates to do a fair amount of research into the conflicts and culture of Africa. More than likely, your character is a newly-arrived aid worker who has done a fair bit of research on Zembala, though a character who has never been to Africa will be at a social loss, compared to those that have been to the continent. In order to help you familiarize yourself with the setting, I will be working on information about Zembala, though not all of the nation's background will immediately be posted. Also, you could be a refugee, just fighting to survive in the refugee camp, finding new ways to make your own path.

Code: Select all
For convenience of reading, please remove anything that is contained within apostrophes.

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Appearance (Pictures are preferred, but not required):[/b]

[b]Voice (In the past, I have tried out a few RP immersion techniques, and for this attribute, you will select a rather famous individual, movie character, or other whose voice resembles that of your character's. Please include a URL link to the voice, so that we can all hear it and better immerse ourselves):[/b]

[b]Identifying Traits and/or Features (No human is identical to the other; even clones are different aside from appearances. Here, you can describe certain traits or appearance features that better define your character as being another unique human being. You should list likes and dislikes here as well):[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Skills (For this section, I want at least a paragraph of material that describes what you are good at. For example, characters with a long military background might have accumulated a plethora of skills during their service. However, be realistic with your character's skills. He/she isn't some sort of super soldier):[/b]

[b]Weaknesses (Face it; everyone has at least 2 weaknesses or attributes that degrade them. I expect at least two weaknesses, with one being a major flaw and the other being "minor." For example, a former soldier might suffer from post-traumatic stress as the result of combat, while also being a bit of a control freak. Culture can also play into this, as a character with a heavy Christian background may stereotype those of other faiths and subcultures. Physical weaknesses are also allowed):[/b]

[b]Birthplace:[/b]

[b]Nationality:[/b]

[b]Ethnicity:[/b]

[b]Religion:[/b]

[b]Affiliation (Some characters may be associated with outside organizations, such as the United States government, a private security or military company, or an NGO. Possibly, you could be with a member nation of the African Union, such as a soldier attached as a peacekeeper to defend Oasis. Presently, I am debating whether or not to allow people to RP as members of belligerent groups such as the government or the rebels):[/b]

[b]Role (What is your character's job in Oasis. Are you a doctor, helping to treat the sick and injured? Are you a professional soldier, working for a PMC that has contributed personnel and supplies to Oasis? There are many roles that need filling here, and no shortage whatsoever):[/b]

[b]Motivations (Why was it that you decided to assist Oasis? Did your NGO dispatch you here, or did you decide to do this out of the goodness of your heart? Perhaps your government sent you, to help in any way you could and to paint a picture of the situation. What if your motivations are much darker, and you are seeking to exploit the refugees for personal gain?):[/b]

[b]Family (This is an optional area, but you may list any significant others, such as spouses, children, etc.):[/b]

[b]Background (Tell us about who you are. 2 paragraph minimum):[/b]

For convenience of reading, please remove anything that is contained within apostrophes.

[b]Voice (In the past, I have tried out a few RP immersion techniques, and for this attribute, you will select a rather famous individual, movie character, or other whose voice resembles that of your character's. Please include a URL link to the voice, so that we can all hear it and better immerse ourselves):[/b]

[b]Identifying Traits and/or Features (No human is identical to the other; even clones are different aside from appearances. Here, you can describe certain traits or appearance features that better define your character as being another unique human being. You should list likes and dislikes here as well):[/b]

[b]Skills (For this section, I want at least a paragraph of material that describes what you are good at. For example, characters with a long military background might have accumulated a plethora of skills during their service. However, be realistic with your character's skills. He/she isn't some sort of super soldier):[/b]

[b]Weaknesses (Face it; everyone has at least 2 weaknesses or attributes that degrade them. I expect at least two weaknesses, with one being a major flaw and the other being "minor." For example, a former soldier might suffer from post-traumatic stress as the result of combat, while also being a bit of a control freak. Culture can also play into this, as a character with a heavy Christian background may stereotype those of other faiths and subcultures. Physical weaknesses are also allowed):[/b]

[b]Affiliation (For some, Oasis is a refuge from the war, a war that they won't no part in. For others, Oasis is a battleground that requires cunning and an understanding of how to run a criminal enterprise):[/b]

[b]Role (Even though you have been displaced, you have found that Oasis is more of a town than a refugee camp. Shops and businesses operate here, just like in any modern town):[/b]

[b]Motivations (Why did you come to Oasis? ):[/b]

[b]Family (This is an optional area, but you may list any significant others, such as spouses, children, etc.):[/b]

[b]Affiliation (There are many sides in this war. Who do you raise your gun for?):[/b]

[b]Role (Every organization has its members classified by some rank or seniority, and/or by specialty.):[/b]

[b]Motivations (In this war, what makes you want to fight?):[/b]

Chapter 1 - A New State of Affairs.
Last edited by Cylarn on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:32 am

RP Information

Nation Map.

Placeholder for the camp map. Still deciding whether to do the map myself, or outsource the task to someone else.

Established in 2013, the Western Zembala Displaced Persons' Center is the largest refugee camp in Zembala, spanning at least 55 acres of cleared-out land, and is surrounded by a large tropical forest. The camp is around 10 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, and is situated to the east of Lake Banda, which is Zembala's largest and deepest lake. Part of the Yaya River flows through Oasis, and this section of the river is heavily polluted, due to heavy usage by the refugees. Attempts to establish a pipeline to transport water from Lake Banda have been repeatedly shot down by African Union bureaucrats, who cite concern that the Muslim rebels active in the region would either sabotage the pipeline or use threats of sabotage as leverage against Oasis.

Despite having been in existence for only a year, Oasis has grown largely. Initially constructed to house 25,000 refugees, the camp has been expanded to house 50,000. Originally, Oasis was envisioned to be the paragon of all refugee camps in Africa; running water for the refugees, good housing, adequate security, sufficient supplies, and other amenities. However, plans on paper hardly ever go the way they're supposed to, and due to budget concerns voiced by the AU in respect to their assistance mission, it was determined that Oasis was to survive as just another camp. 60% of the shelters are tents, and recently, refugees and some of the camp personnel have established some solid buildings and an ever-growing shantytown. The supplies and personnel that were requested by the camp staff was split up and allocated to other refugee camps in Zembala, with the security battalion reduced to a company-sized force, the concrete and barbed wire perimeter wall becoming a simple chainlink and barbed wire fence supplemented by sandbag barriers. State-of-the-art riot gear and capabilities to pinpoint threats was severely cut back as well, with "new" supplies consisting of hand-me-downs from the member-nations of AUAMZ.

In less than a year, Oasis has come to resemble a hodge-podge between a refugee camp and a large town. In addition to the aid from the staff, the refugees themselves have established shops, brothels, bars, medical clinics, pawn brokers, and other establishments commonly found in towns. The black market is thriving in Oasis, with black market dealers bringing in guns, drugs, alcohol, women, and other goods. There have been allegations that the staff have even indulged in these criminal enterprises, and due to rumors that some of the medical personnel have been active in the organ trade, many refugees will take a back alley surgeon to treat them instead of the camp's medical staff, though the security coordinators believe that these rumors have been spurred on by the actual organ-stealing culprits in an attempt to draw in new "inventory." It is also believed that both Christian and Muslim belligerent groups have been actively supporting the illicit arms trade in Oasis, hoping to arm their brothers inside and instigate a conflict within the camp in order to destroy the other side. Gangs have begun to form as well, with many being aligned with the belligerents.

Disease, violence, and other ills plague the refugees. Almost 30% of men and women above the age of 12 have some form of STDs, with HIV/AIDS being the most common, followed up by herpes and syphilis. Despite the fact that Christianity and Islam are the two main religions in Zembala, many refugees have been using their own native remedies to treat illnesses, and 9/10 times, these remedies and procedures, ranging from ingesting certain plants to questionable birthing and abortion practices, end up doing more harm than good, with death being a common consequence. Sexual violence is all too common, and due to the fact that most victims of sexual violence are too ashamed to speak to the camp staff about their ordeals, there is little that the staff can do, despite the efforts of the camp's counseling services. Gang and religious violence is hourly, and people die each day, filling up the large graveyard located within the walls.

AUAMZ

The African Union Assistance Mission to Zembala (AUAMZ) is the primary peacekeeping operation in Zembala. Consisting of 3,000 peacekeepers and 5,000 civilian employees, AUAMZ is officially committed to ending the hostilities and protecting civilian populations. Despite their best efforts to protect civilians from the fighting, hundreds continue to die each day, and thousands more are displaced by the fighting. According to propaganda from both the Zembalese Islamic Front and government-supported Christian Lord's Horsemen militias, cooperation with AUAMZ is punishable by death, due to the fact that both groups are carrying out illicit acts.

ZIF

The Zembalese Islamic Front is an organization that claims to represent the best interests of Zembala's Muslim minority. Their armed struggle began as a result of government-supported persecution against all Muslims, though the ZIF has now become affiliated with al Qaeda and other Jihadist groups and is currently classified as a terrorist organization by the United States and the United Kingdom. Many of the higher-echelon members have received training from the Taliban and Al Qaeda, and a small minority had served with the Shabiha in Syria. The ZIF is known for their extreme brutality and institution of Sharia law in the 40% of the country that they control. The ZIF is supplemented and trained by experienced insurgents from the ranks of Al Shabaab, Boko Haram, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Al-Nusra, and other Jihadist groups.

It is known that the ZIF has infiltrated Oasis and established a cell, with several high-ranking ZIF militants directing the actions of Islamist gangs inside the camp. Weapons are routinely smuggled in through the usage of dangerous tunnels, and there are rumors that the ZIF has contacts with AUAMZ who are funneling weapons to the group.

Lord's Horsemen

The Lord's Horsemen is the name given to the pro-government Christian militias that have joined the fight against the ZIF. Having been active before the war, the Horsemen were suspected of being an enforcement arm of Zembala's government, responsible for persecuting the Muslim minority. As their name states, they do have a horse element, though they are just as likely to use technicals and foot travel. Like their ZIF enemies, they are extremely brutal and enforce government superiority in government-controlled areas, often carrying out extrajudicial killings and arrests of those suspected of being ZIF sympathizers. The Horsemen are classified as a criminal organization by INTERPOL and as a terrorist organization by the US government.

Like their ZIF enemies, they have a cell within the camp.

Zembalese Defense Forces

Consisting of the Zembalese National Army, Zembalese National Air Force, Zembalese National Navy, Citizen Reserve Militia, and the Zembalese National Public Safety Service, the ZDF is Zembala's military, responsible for defending Zembala from both internal and external threats. Formed out of an integration of the British Army's colonial forces and the Zembalese Popular Resistance Front in 1960 following independence, the ZDF was supplied by the US, UK, and other Western powers during the Cold War, due to its anti-Communist military junta that controlled the nation from 1965 to 1998, when the junta stepped down and conceded to democratic elections, which were then overturned by a coup, with the junta taking over once again. Despite being without their former Western suppliers, the ZDF continues to receive weapons and equipment from Belgium, Russia, China, and South Africa, though Belgium and South Africa have begun to put a majority of munitions shipments on hold due to the current crisis.

Fusilier Worldwide

Founded in 2003 by former members of the South African 32 Battalion and the South African Police Service Special Task Force, Fusilier is a rather renowned private military company. From supporting ISAF troops in Afghanistan to helping police units in Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo control growing crime rates, Fusilier is the company that is called in when a job needs to be handled in a timely manner, but in such a fashion that the objective is met with surgical precision. Recruiting heavily from South Africa, American, British, Dutch, and German military and police veterans, Fusilier makes sure that no job is without professionals. Recently, they've been offered a multi-million-dollar contract to assist AUAMZ's operations, whether it be by providing additional security to refugee camps, or by conducting intelligence on belligerent units, utilizing the latest drone technology.
Last edited by Cylarn on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:33 am

Characters

Scott Depleur - Fusilier's chief of operations for Oasis, and a seasoned military veteran.

Claudia Joy Holden - A young NGO with the Clean Water Initiative, who seeks to improve conditions in the camp.

Amare Nwosu - A Zembalese Defense Force Captain, and the much-feared commander of Alpha Company, 1 Commando Battalion.

Erin Kurjac - A former US Army surgeon who has since taken up work with the American Red Cross, as they attempt to increase their number of medical staff at Oasis.

Amare Iwu - Known throughout Zembala as "The Famine," Iwu was a much-feared leader of a Horseman militia, known as "The Four Horseman of the Apocalyse." The destruction of his group by ZDF commandos has led him to be detained at Oasis, though he is being released due to the fact that the camp's security personnel cannot hold POWs.

Laila al-Thani - An idealistic young Qatari psychologist and therapist with the Qatari Red Crescent, on her first assignment overseas.

Alin Talabani - The emotionally distant executive officer of the Fusilier detachment, and a Peshmerga veteran who has undergone many trials and tribulations throughout her young life.
Last edited by Cylarn on Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:49 am

This is excellent work, really detailed.

I'll probably join, going to do some research on west Africa first.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

Spoder
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Spoder » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:52 am

Tagged.

Never actually participated in an RP, but this one looks worth the effort.
Legalize gay weed
Time to get aesthetic.
I support insanely high tax rates, do you?

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:56 am

I will stab you brutally for distracting me with this.

Tag.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:11 am

I'll probably take the role of Fusilier's leader, unless someone else wants that role.

We also have various administrative roles open. If you want a leadership role in the IC, send me a TG and tell me what your preferred capacity would be.
Last edited by Cylarn on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Gvozdevsk
Minister

Founded: Dec 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gvozdevsk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:40 am

Maybe I'll be back for this but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Gvozdevsk wrote:Maybe I'll be back for this but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Gotcha.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:25 pm

Name: Scott Depleur.

Appearance: The cop with the Aviators.

Voice: Billy Bob Thorton (Santa).

Identifying Traits and/or Features: The left side of his neck - extending down to encompass most of his left shoulder - bears the signs of burn and shrapnel scars, the result of an IED attack on his convoy in Iraq. He is also missing his left pinky finger, suffering that particular injury in the same IED attack.

Depleur is known to drive around in a black, armored Chevy Tahoe with 4WD capability - one of 3 used by the security detachment. He uses the vehicle as a mobile command center of sorts, and uses a computer arrangement similar to that used by law enforcement back in the US. He also has a locking rack in the vehicle that contains a Marlin 336 Lever-Action Rifle with a Schmidt & Bender 5-25x56 PM II LP telescopic sight, as well as a SIG516 Tactical Patrol Carbine modified with a forward grip, an ACOG sight, a laser sight, and a flashlight attached to the weapon.

Personality: Depleur is a rather likable guy, by most accounts from the people that he has served with. When you first meet Scott Depleur, you quickly learn that he doesn't seem to fit the stereotypical mold of a soldier. He's friendly, good-natured, comical to some extent, and more than willing to hold a conversation with just about anyone. He's well-respected by those under his command for his ability to converse and understand his subordinates, as well as for his desire to always be on the front lines with his men. Despite being a chilled person, he is one of the most dangerous men in Oasis. He's calm, collected, fearless, and more than willing to take a life when the situation calls for it.

Skills: Scott Depleur didn't become the commander of Fusilier's WZDPC contingent on a whim; he is a seasoned military veteran who has spent the vast majority of his adult life on the battlefield. His military career began at Norwich University, as an Army Reserve Officer Training Corps Cadet, where he received basic training in tactics, leadership, land navigation, weapons usage, and other facets of the military. He went on to serve in the military as an Infantry officer, and later as a Ranger and Special Forces officer, giving him even more extensive experience with irregular warfare, urban warfare, hand-to-hand combat, survival training, HALO/HAHO training, Pathfinder training, demolitions, climbing, airmobile operations, first aid, combat swimming, and other facets. He has been under fire countless times before, and knows how to react when the bullets start flying.

In addition to his martial skills, Depleur holds a Bachelor's Degree in Sociology from Norwich University. He has experience dealing with people, and is a seasoned negotiator. Despite being a smoker and a drinker, Depleur is still at a satisfactory level of physical fitness for someone of his position. He's not the fastest guy or the strongest, but he can hold his own during a PT test, ruck 12 miles, and endure days without food or sleep. Depleur is also fluent in English, Cajun French, French, and Arabic, and has satisfactory skill with Portuguese and Pashto.

He is also skilled at catching and preparing fish for meals.

Weaknesses: Although he is an experienced warrior, it would be false to say that Depleur is not without his own shortcomings. His most serious weakness is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, a product of his upbringing. From time to time, he will suffer from flashbacks, night terrors, and other symptoms of PTSD, though he commonly takes medication and receives weekly psychiatric check-ups to keep his symptoms in check, though knowledge of his treatment is known only to a few other people. He has attempted suicide before, though he never could get himself to pull the trigger. His alcoholism is also a weakness, and he is rarely without a flask on his person.

Depleur's injuries also present a shortcoming, although a slight one. He experiences regular discomfort due to his hand injury, and has trouble gripping certain items as a result.

Birthplace: Edenton, North Carolina.

Nationality: American.

Ethnicity: Cajun/Scots-Irish.

Religion: Agnosticism.

Affiliation: Fusilier Worldwide.

Role: Chief of Security Operations, Fusilier - WZDPC Contingent.

Motivations: To put it simply, he is here because he was ordered to be at Oasis. He has no personal connections to Zembala, but he intends to do his job and do it well.

Family: N/A.

Background: Born and raised in Edenton, North Carolina, Scott Depleur comes from a mixed Cajun-Scots-Irish family, with his father being an Army engineer from the Bayou of Louisiana and his mother a lifelong resident of Edenton. Scott grew up playing around in the Great Dismal Swamp, where he often hunted, fished, and played. With family back in Louisiana, it was not uncommon for the Depleur family to spend a week or two down at the Bayou with their family, and Scott grew to view it as a second home. At the age of 18, Scott was accepted into Norwich University, attending the military school on a 4-year Army ROTC Scholarship.

He graduated with a Bachelor's in Sociology, along with a commission into the US Army as an Infantry Platoon Leader. Shortly after Infantry BOLC and Ranger School, he was assigned to the 82nd Airborne. In 1999, as a Company XO, he made his first combat jump into Kosovo as part of Operation Rapid Guardian. Despite being new to combat, he was awarded the Bronze Star with Valor device for his exemplary leadership during the operation. In 2000, he attended the SF Q Course at Fort Bragg, an experience that he would continuously regard as the most important and rigorous task that he has ever accomplished. After earning his green beret, he was promoted to Captain, and placed in charge of an ODA in the 5th SFG just in time for 9/11.

Like most American servicemen and women, he was appalled and livid at al Qaeda's rather cowardly attack on his nation. However, he was proud when he became one of the first Americans to parachute into Afghanistan. Most of his Special Forces career would be spent in Afghanistan and the Arabian Peninsula, battling the growing threat posed by Islamic Jihadist groups. With the rank of Major, he retired from the US Army in 2010, and he was promptly recruited by Fusilier Worldwide, as a mid-level commander for their PMCs in the field. His first assignment was in Uganda, where the South African company had been hired to provide security for a Chinese agricultural site. Despite his hushed political opposition to the facility and the operation (the ANC and their Chinese allies had their hands in the op), he did his job and fended off more than one serious LRA assault on the site, with no loss of revenue. After the LRA rebels operating in the area were pushed out during a government offensive in 2011, he was hired to lead a small team in protecting a group of journalists, who were going to infiltrate Syria and document the war.

Following the evacuation of the journalists after they were being directly targeted by the Shabiha, Depleur was placed in Zimbabwe for Operation Ranch Hand, in which Fusilier teams provided security for several white-owned farms that were in danger of being confiscated by "war veterans." Although the operation was successful in protecting the farming operations and the various white and black workers present on the farms, the Zimbabwean Supreme Court ruled that Fusilier's operation was unconstitutional, and after 2 years of protecting the farms and their economic contributions, Fusilier was expelled from Zimbabwe.

After a brief interlude in Costa Rica training the Fuerza Publica, Depleur was sent back to Africa, this time to Zembala, where he was now placed in charge of the 300-man security contingent that was responsible for providing public safety services at Oasis.
Last edited by Cylarn on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:43 pm

Name: Claudia Joy Holden

Appearance : Image

Voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mKLxWrRVMg

Identifying Traits and/or Features :

Personality: Claudia Joy is a caring, friendly, kind woman, who is well liked by many people. People who meet Claudia Joy for the first time always feel like they know her somehow and within minutes they're extremely comfortable and honest with her. Claudia Joy has been described by "motherly" because she cares so deeply about her friends and does whatever she cans to help then. Despite coming from an extremely wealthy family, Claudia Joy is modest and humble about what she has and doesn't use her last name to her advantage.

Skills : Claudia Joy is quite charming and charismatic. Growing up Claudia Joy was involved in an array of sports including, tennis, polo, fencing, and track and field. She has a high stamina and can run a mile in 5 minutes and 50 seconds.

Weaknesses: Claudia Joy was one of the best polo players on her team in college. During a match she crossed path's with another player who intended to swing at the ball, but ended up hitting Claudia Joy in the knee. She recovered from the injury but could no longer play. In cold weather/water, her left knee will cause her dire pain, as will any sort of force. Despite being physically active and leading a healthy life-style Claudia Joy was diagnosed with diabetes. At the moment she is struggling with coming to terms with it and hides it from people.

Birthplace: Westport, Connecticut.

Nationality: American

Ethnicity: French, German, Dutch.

Religion: N/A

Affiliation : Clean Water Initiative

Role : Aid worker/Clean Water Initiative representative.

Motivations : Claudia Joy feels that CWI could do some real good in Zembala and hopefully help bring some stability to The Oasis. Her mother, Victoria is using her daughter's aid work to help further her husband, Senator Preston Holden's political career.

Family : Preston Holden-Father
Veronica Grayson-Holden-Mother
James Holden-Brother
Sutherland Carrington-Fiance

Background : Claudia Joy and her twin James were born in Westport, Connecticut, to Preston Holden and Victoria Grayson-Holden, a political power couple. Preston Holden was once a poor kid from the Bronx but he worked hard and put himself through college and got into Harvard Law where he met blue-blood Victoria Grayson. The two fell in love and from there planned out Preston's political career.

Preston was first elected to public office in 1986 as a member for the Connecticut State Senate, as one of the youngest state legislators in state history. On July 18th, 1990, Victoria gave birth to twins, Claudia Joy and James Holden. A year after their birth, the Holden's moved to New York City's Upper East Side. Soon after, Preston was first elected as U.S. Representative from New York's 12th congressional district and was sworn into office in January of 1991. Around the same time, Victoria started the Clean Water Initiative, a charity, non-profit organization intent on bringing clean, drinkable water to developing, impoverished countries.

Since Preston and Victoria were always away on business, Claudia Joy and James were raised mostly by a team of nannies. The nannies came and went but Claudia Joy and James were thick as thieves.For the entirely of their education was spent at the prestigious Dalton Academy. There they rubbed elbows with the children of the elite. Though Victoria pushed the kids into activities to keep up appearances, the Holden twins were not like their parents at all, something Victoria was secretly grateful about. It was this time that Preston Holden was elected as a Senator to New York.

While James was pushed into sports, Claudia Joy was forced into ballet, piano, and was being groomed to be a debutante like her mother. However Claudia Joy was more geared towards sports and after much convincing, Victoria allowed Claudia Joy to join in the same sports as her brother. The Holden twins dominated the fields in track and polo and both were exceptional tennis players. Claudia Joy took joy in fencing while James excelled in rugby.

At her time at Dalton, Claudia Joy was quite the popular girl, often being sought out by many boys but only one caught her eye, Sutherland Carrington. The two started dating their sophomore year and have been together ever since. In the beginning of her senior year, Claudia Joy suffered an injury during a polo game, one that would prevent her from participating in most sports. Not being able to play sports anymore crushed Claudia Joy and she grew deeply depressed, feeling she wasn't good at anything else. Despite the efforts from her brother and boyfriend, Claudia Joy attempted suicide by taking several of her mother's pain pills. Claudia Joy was discovered by her mother and the two kept it a secret from everyone. When winter break came around, Victoria whisked Claudia joy away to South Africa on safari, as a way to help mend her daughter's mind and spirit.

During the trip to South Africa, Claudia Joy accompanied her mother and a few workers from the CWI to help build a well and water filtration system for a village. Claudia Joy was saddened by what she saw and truly wanted to help the village and worked alongside CWI to help buold the much needed water equipment. Victoria was happy to see her daughter smile and was proud her daughter took up such a worth cause.

Claudia Joy returned home with a new sense of purpose and outlook on life. After graduating from Dalton, Jame and Claudia Joy both attended Harvard, like their parents, while Sutherland went on to Westpoint. Claudia Joy and Sutherland maintained their relationship and Claudia Joy went to visit Sutherland whenever she could. At their time at Harvard James went on to earn himself a Bachelor's degree in Business Economics and Claudia Joy earned a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and Chemistry and another Bachelor's degree in Public Health.

After graduating Claudia Joy went on to work with her mother at CWI. Currently, Claudia Joy serves as a CWI Representative and serves as CWI's spokeswoman, appearing on many radio, talk and news shows. Two months ago, Claudia Joy became engaged to Sutherland Carrington and the two have been planning a small, intimate ceremony. Sutherland is a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Army and is apart of the 902d Military Intelligence Group, he is stationed at Fort Meade in Maryland. Shortly after becoming engaged, Claudia Joy was diagnosed with type-2 diabetes. She has been struggling with coming to terms with it and so far has kept it a secret from everyone, even Sutherland and James.

For a long time CWI has voted against going to the war torn country of Zembala but Claudia Joy felt it was time that CWI stepped in. Much to the dismay of her brother and fiance, Claudia Joy along with two dozen workers are headed to The Oasis in Zembala to help repair water pipes, set up new wells and hopefully make a difference in such a terrible place. Victoria has used the aid mission as good publicity for her husband's career who recently was elected New York's 56th Governor. At the moment, America has their eyes set upon the Holden Family.....
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Name: Amare Nwosu

Appearance: Image

Voice: Link

Identifying Traits and/or Features & Personality (I combined these into once category): Amare is the type of person who a radical group would kill for, at first glance. Strikingly intense and wholly dedicated to his profession, many would call him an extremist. But despite that, Amare fights for a good cause: to restore peace to his homeland. Deeply religious, Amare is a devout Christian, but chooses to incorporate religion into his personal ideology in a way that sets him apart from the fundamentalist Lord's Horsemen cell, and puts them squarely in each others crosshairs. A strong leader, Amare has a stony gaze that you would be hard pressed to see vanish and has been known to interrogate prisoners simply by staring them down (no matter how long that takes, a testament to the man's iron will). Though fiercely nationalistic, Amare has time and time again proven that he has the calm, collected efficiency that the ZDF needs, especially in his capacity to speak fluent English, Arabic, and several other local dialects and his willingness to work with foreign allied commanders and forces.

Skills: No stranger to the battlefield or the commander's tent, Amare possesses a refined set of skills that have been honed over almost two decades of warfare.
  • Survivalist: Amare once endured over a month of extended survivalist training as a conscript in the Ugandan Army. In this training he was left virtually alone on the Ugandan section of the East African plateau. He was given a rudimentary combat knife and a canteen half-full of water, and was told to survive until his regiment returned. While he was given some instruction beforehand, most all of his knowledge is based on first-hand encounters and self-teaching.
  • Knife Expert: A testament to his upbringing and his training with several different military forces is Amare's knife fighting skills. To Amare, the knife is an extension of the hand, and the two move with a fluid agreement that can be found in few others.
  • Combat Hardened: Amare has endured almost 2 decades of constant conflict in regions all across Africa. A career soldier at the most basic of levels, his personality has altered in ways that make him far less sensitive to the bloodshed and devastation that war brings. Furthermore, he is well-versed in combat tactics and battlefield knowledge.
  • Born Leader: Amare is an inspiring figure. Someone from his background and with his life story, now fighting for the protection of his people. Even when the outcome looks most grim, Amare has been able to rally both the ZDF and foreign defense forces around him and secure victory.

Weaknesses:
  • Wanted Man: Given his history it should be no surprise that Amare is on several hit-lists. He's a Christian, but not radical enough for the Lord's Horsemen. In the same light, he is Christian, and therefore is the target of the ZIF and their allies. No matter where he goes in Zembala, there will most likely be someone there who wants to kill him.
  • Desensitized: 20 years of combat can leave you a shell of the man you once were, and though its effects on Amare are less pronounced due to his undying drive for his homeland's freedom, he has been thoroughly desensitized to war. While not seemingly a weakness, his callous nature puts him at odds with more the peaceful-minded factions that have came to Zembala.

Birthplace: Njala, Zembala

Nationality: Zembalese

Ethnicity: African

Religion: Christian

Affiliation: ZDF

Role: Captain in the ZDF, leader of an undermanned company of Zembalese "Recce" commandos operating in the vicinity of Oasis.

Motivations: Amare wants no more than to see peace and freedom restored to his beloved nation.

Family: All deceased.

Background: Amare Nwosu is no stranger to the hardships of life. Born into a poor family of laborers, he would have been the poster child of African poverty. Both of his parents, and his two older siblings, worked on a large plantation in rough outskirts of Njala. Amare was alone for most of his early childhood, left to his own exploration around the house and surrounding slum from the time he could fend for himself. But Amare's story is one of continuing misfortune. Barely 7 years old, he witnessed the massacre of his devoutly Christian parents -- a trait he took after them, if not to serve their memory then to have consolation in their watchful presence in Heaven -- as well as his brother and sister. Young Amare had been shoved into the small wardrobe in his parent's room by his father, and peeping through the crack between the closed door he saw the ZIF butcher his entire family. Now without a home or any family to speak of, Amare became a street urchin, begging for scraps of food, or better yet spare change with which to buy fresh food from the street vendors. In a twist of fate that Amare would say might have changed his life for the better, on his twelfth birthday he was kidnapped by Ugandan nationalists and transported to a Lord's Resistance Army base in Uganda. Forcibly conscripted, he was trained as a soldier, and in his early service was molded into a fighter. He would stay amongst the ranks of the LRA until he turned 18, and decided that it was not his fate to die an Ugandan rebel. Escaping in the dead of night, he smuggled himself back into Zembala in the back of a farmer's cow cart. Almost immediately following his return to Njala he joined up with the ZDF, who he has been with ever since. Through over another decade of military service in the ZDF he has obtained the rank of Captain, and now leads an undermanned company of Zembalese "Recce" commandos operating in the vicinity of Oasis.
Last edited by Sentinel XV on Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:41 pm

Both are approved.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:17 pm

I'll make an app soon, just scared no one is going to be in the RP.
Do you want a great RP experience? Sign up for Die Wende! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=275296 I am playing as SFR Yugoslavia (Time to get rid of kebab).
Surgeon General (Brigadier General) William Hammond; C/O of the Union Medical Corps.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:42 am

Name: Dr. Erin Kurjac

Appearance (Pictures are preferred, but not required): linkophilia

Voice: Kira Vincent-Davis

Identifying Traits and/or Features: Has a tendency to call people she doesn't like/considers stupid 'neanderthals' et al. Then pulls intricate pranks engineered to prove her point. Never wears anything more covering than a basic hijab, unless the situation demands it. Is very much against doctors being forced to work with only members of their own religion, and frequently attempts to circumvent this regulation.

Likes: Cheerwine, the Tarheels, hard rock, animated movies, film in general, M*A*S*H, men, British sports cars.
Dislikes: Cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco in general, womanizers, hippies, Jehovah's Witnesses, drunk drivers, idiots, guns, the remove-kebab branch of the Republican Party.

Personality: Quick-witted and somewhat madcap. Is quite unafraid to tell you she doesn't like you, this got her into trouble in the Army every once in a while. Very much like Hawkeye from M*A*S*H, this is perhaps why she likes the show. Takes her work very seriously, patients are entirely off-limits to her practical-joke fooling-around. Has little patience for red tape. Has a clear conscience and believes firmly in the Hippocratic Oath, and will take virtually any means the law permits to save a patient. Further, she only owns one gun, a pistol, and only carries it when she feels she is going somewhere exceptionally dangerous. Politically neutral, though a registered Democrat. Loves her McLaren, partly because it's one of the few things she's ever had to actually save up for.

Skills: A med graduate from the University of North Carolina as well as an army surgeon for three years. Great behind the wheel of most vehicles, though she gets impatient driving larger, more ponderous ones. Speaks Arabic fluent...ish. In good health, and has been taking a kendo course for several years at this point, and is currently ranked 2-dan.

Weaknesses: She cannot stand the sight of her own blood. Seeing it any time other than that time of the month usually makes her faint, or at least very dizzy. Will sometimes have severe, terrifying nightmares at night when overly stressed or frightened in the daytime. Also has a pollen allergy.

Birthplace: Huntersville, North Carolina

Ethnicity: Bosniak

Religion: Sunni Islam

Affiliation: International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

Role: General surgeon

Motivations: Effectively tricked into going to Zembala, though she doesn't really mind as much as she did when she was sent here about a year ago.

Family: Zlatan Kurjac [Father, alive], Mirsada Kurjac [Mother, alive], Sara Kurjac [Younger sister, 24, alive]

Background (Tell us about who you are. 2 paragraph minimum): Erin was born to Bosnian parents in Huntersville, North Carolina. She didn't stay in town long, her family soon moving to central Charlotte for economic purposes.

Pre-K and Kindergarten went as usual, and it was there that she first made friends. She dove headfirst into learning, especially science, and quickly emerged as both the brain - and the prankster - of the class. She decided to become a doctor early, all the way back in middle school. A school friend, Willie tried to talk her into becoming an Army surgeon. She was wholly against it.

High school rolled around, and with it came the fun. The intricacy and planning of her practical jokes went up as their frequency went down, and her grades pushed her ever upwards to the top of the class. Getting 'Kerchak'd' as it had come to be called became something of an honor in the school. During her high school years, her political views shifted further to the left. It was she who engineered the senior prank of her year, which involved enormous quantities of non-toxic, environmentally-safe watercolor paint and a heavy bombardment of water balloons to the tune of AC/DC's For Those About To Rock. She wasn't caught, though everyone knows she did it. Mainly because she graduated a year early.

She watched the towers fall from the the TV in her dorm in the University of North Carolina's medical school. It was this, not Willie, that convinced her to become a military surgeon. She threw herself into her studies, and her pranks became more infrequent still. When they were performed, they were of the sort that would make the student body of MIT shed tears of jealousy. She got her degree in the typical 12 years. She beelined for the Medical Corps and after 12 weeks of OBLC was shipped off to Afghanistan to put soldiers and civvies back together. She was there for three years, before returning to practice surgery in the Charlotte area, where she joined the American Red Cross.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:40 am

Rupudska wrote:

Identifying Traits and/or Features: Has a tendency to call people she doesn't like/considers stupid 'neanderthals' et al. Then pulls intricate pranks engineered to prove her point. Never wears anything more covering than a basic hijab, unless the situation demands it. Is very much against doctors being forced to work with only members of their own religion, and frequently attempts to circumvent this regulation.

Likes: Cheerwine, the Tarheels, hard rock, animated movies, film in general, M*A*S*H, men, British sports cars.
Dislikes: Cigarettes, alcohol, tobacco in general, womanizers, hippies, Jehovah's Witnesses, drunk drivers, idiots, guns, the remove-kebab branch of the Republican Party.

Personality: Quick-witted and somewhat madcap. Is quite unafraid to tell you she doesn't like you, this got her into trouble in the Army every once in a while. Very much like Hawkeye from M*A*S*H, this is perhaps why she likes the show. Takes her work very seriously, patients are entirely off-limits to her practical-joke fooling-around. Has little patience for red tape. Has a clear conscience and believes firmly in the Hippocratic Oath, and will take virtually any means the law permits to save a patient. Further, she only owns one gun, a pistol, and only carries it when she feels she is going somewhere exceptionally dangerous. Politically neutral, though a registered Democrat. Loves her McLaren, partly because it's one of the few things she's ever had to actually save up for.

Skills: A med graduate from the University of North Carolina as well as an army surgeon for three years. Great behind the wheel of most vehicles, though she gets impatient driving larger, more ponderous ones. Speaks Arabic fluent...ish. In good health, and has been taking a kendo course for several years at this point, and is currently ranked 2-dan.

Weaknesses: She cannot stand the sight of her own blood. Seeing it any time other than that time of the month usually makes her faint, or at least very dizzy. Will sometimes have severe, terrifying nightmares at night when overly stressed or frightened in the daytime. Also has a pollen allergy.

Motivations: Effectively tricked into going to Zembala, though she doesn't really mind as much as she did when she was sent here about a year ago.

Family: Zlatan Kurjac [Father, alive], Mirsada Kurjac [Mother, alive], Sara Kurjac [Younger sister, 24, alive]

Background (Tell us about who you are. 2 paragraph minimum): Erin was born to Bosnian parents in Huntersville, North Carolina. She didn't stay in town long, her family soon moving to central Charlotte for economic purposes.

Pre-K and Kindergarten went as usual, and it was there that she first made friends. She dove headfirst into learning, especially science, and quickly emerged as both the brain - and the prankster - of the class. She decided to become a doctor early, all the way back in middle school. A school friend, Willie tried to talk her into becoming an Army surgeon. She was wholly against it.

High school rolled around, and with it came the fun. The intricacy and planning of her practical jokes went up as their frequency went down, and her grades pushed her ever upwards to the top of the class. Getting 'Kerchak'd' as it had come to be called became something of an honor in the school. During her high school years, her political views shifted further to the left. It was she who engineered the senior prank of her year, which involved enormous quantities of non-toxic, environmentally-safe watercolor paint and a heavy bombardment of water balloons to the tune of AC/DC's For Those About To Rock. She wasn't caught, though everyone knows she did it. Mainly because she graduated a year early.

She watched the towers fall from the the TV in her dorm in the University of North Carolina's medical school. It was this, not Willie, that convinced her to become a military surgeon. She threw herself into her studies, and her pranks became more infrequent still. When they were performed, they were of the sort that would make the student body of MIT shed tears of jealousy. She got her degree in the typical 12 years. She beelined for the Medical Corps and after 12 weeks of OBLC was shipped off to Afghanistan to put soldiers and civvies back together. She was there for three years, before returning to practice surgery in the Charlotte area, where she joined the American Red Cross.

You fucking skellington.

Approved.

Also, Sentinel. I'd like for Captain Nwosu to lead an undermanned company of Zembalese "Recce" commandos operating in the vicinity of the camp.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:27 am

Cylarn wrote:
Rupudska wrote:

You fucking skellington.

Approved.

Also, Sentinel. I'd like for Captain Nwosu to lead an undermanned company of Zembalese "Recce" commandos operating in the vicinity of the camp.

I'll get it edited into the bio ASAP.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:27 pm

Welp, I'm in.

Think I'll do one of four brothers all of whom are fighting for the Lord's Horsemen and dubbed themselves the 'Four Horsemen', before three of them were killed in a raid and my character being captured and imprisoned in the camp instead.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:46 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Welp, I'm in.

Think I'll do one of four brothers all of whom are fighting for the Lord's Horsemen and dubbed themselves the 'Four Horsemen', before three of them were killed in a raid and my character being captured and imprisoned in the camp instead.

Leems segit.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Name: Amare 'Famine' Iwu

Appearance:

Voice: Simo Magwaza (The Captain)

Identifying Traits and/or Features : Tattoo of a pale horse's head on his upper left arm.

Personality: Amare has a deep hatred for anyone he perceives to be a member of either the ZDF or ZIF, both of which he despises with a passion, or a non-Christian. Amare is also incredibly bitter and almost self-loathing, blaming himself for the deaths of his brothers at the hands of the ZDF and he has attempted suicide once, but was stopped by a fellow prisoner.

Skills: Amare can be an inspiring leader, and possesses a high level of charisma which enabled him to grow his band of the Lord's Horsemen to a substantial size. He is also highly skilled in the making of improvised explosives and melee combat with his favoured weapon the machete, and has been known to favour riding horses over using vehicles making him a good rider.

Weaknesses: Amare is purposeless; he has no drive, and has lost most of his faith in God. As such, puts very little effort into anything, and spends most of his time brooding which has led him to being shunned by most of the aid staff. Combined with his tendency to (when he isn't brooding) unleash large amounts of swearing and racism, this has made him rather difficult to interact with.

Birthplace: Suburb of Njala, Zembala

Religion: Protestant Christian

Affiliation: Lord's Horsemen

Role: Former leader of the band known as the 'Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse'.

Motivations: Extermination of the heretics, revenge for his brothers on the ZDF and for his parents on the ZIF.

Background :

Amare was born as the second-oldest of four brothers to a pair of devout Christians who ran a small store on the outskirts of Njala. He received the bare minimum of education, instead helping his parents and elder brother run the store until he was 17, when a splinter force of the ZIF attacked his parent's house, killing them while he and his brothers escaped.

After a quick investigation (stealing a local newspaper), the four learned that the attack was carried out by the ZIF and in the heat of the moment joined the Lord's Horsemen. Originally part of a small band of the Lord's Horsemen where they learned the various methods and tactics used by the Horsemen, they split off and formed their own group they dubbed the 'Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse', with each brother taking the role of one of the horses.

Over time Amare gradually emerged as the group's leader, and gathered a sizeable group of followers together after several successful raids and attacks on Islamic people. Eventually, however, he grew too bold and greedy and launched an attack on a small ZDF military base, where he was captured whilst his followers and brothers were massacred. Imprisoned in the Oasis, Amare fell into a depression and pile of self-loathing, waiting for a reason for his life to mean something again.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:56 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

Appearance:

Identifying Traits and/or Features : Tattoo of a pale horse's head on his upper left arm.

Personality: Amare has a deep hatred for anyone he perceives to be a member of either the ZDF or ZIF, both of which he despises with a passion, or a non-Christian. Amare is also incredibly bitter and almost self-loathing, blaming himself for the deaths of his brothers at the hands of the ZDF and he has attempted suicide once, but was stopped by a fellow prisoner.

Skills: Amare can be an inspiring leader, and possesses a high level of charisma which enabled him to grow his band of the Lord's Horsemen to a substantial size. He is also highly skilled in the making of improvised explosives and melee combat with his favoured weapon the machete, and has been known to favour riding horses over using vehicles making him a good rider.

Weaknesses: Amare is purposeless; he has no drive, and has lost most of his faith in God. As such, puts very little effort into anything, and spends most of his time brooding which has led him to being shunned by most of the aid staff. Combined with his tendency to (when he isn't brooding) unleash large amounts of swearing and racism, this has made him rather difficult to interact with.

Motivations: Extermination of the heretics, revenge for his brothers on the ZDF and for his parents on the ZIF.

Background :

Amare was born as the second-oldest of four brothers to a pair of devout Christians who ran a small store on the outskirts of Njala. He received the bare minimum of education, instead helping his parents and elder brother run the store until he was 17, when a splinter force of the ZIF attacked his parent's house, killing them while he and his brothers escaped.

After a quick investigation (stealing a local newspaper), the four learned that the attack was carried out by the ZIF and in the heat of the moment joined the Lord's Horsemen. Originally part of a small band of the Lord's Horsemen where they learned the various methods and tactics used by the Horsemen, they split off and formed their own group they dubbed the 'Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse', with each brother taking the role of one of the horses.

Over time Amare gradually emerged as the group's leader, and gathered a sizeable group of followers together after several successful raids and attacks on Islamic people. Eventually, however, he grew too bold and greedy and launched an attack on a small ZDF military base, where he was captured whilst his followers and brothers were massacred. Imprisoned in the Oasis, Amare fell into a depression and pile of self-loathing, waiting for a reason for his life to mean something again.

I enjoy this character. He's sort of like my own Amare, but he took a different path in life.

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:

Appearance:

Background :

I enjoy this character. He's sort of like my own Amare, but he took a different path in life.

I smell a rivalry!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:22 pm

Cylarn wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:I enjoy this character. He's sort of like my own Amare, but he took a different path in life.

I smell a rivalry!

Yeah I agree. Can't wait for the IC to start!

Cylarn
Postmaster-General

Postby Cylarn » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:33 pm

For the purposes of RP, y'all should invite some more people. I've invited more than a few peoples.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:34 pm

Cylarn wrote:For the purposes of RP, y'all should invite some more people. I've invited more than a few peoples.

Wish I still knew people around here.. :unsure:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse