NATION

PASSWORD

Canin Regional Affairs

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Notre Royaume De Rien
Secretary

Founded: Sep 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Canin Regional Affairs

Postby Notre Royaume De Rien » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:28 am

A Forum for the regional affairs of the Free Land of Canin.

Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin
Secretary

Founded: Sep 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:38 am

Previously in Dussek

Balgruuf walked the streets of Sploogerun on a cloudy afternoon. While he may not give a rat's ass about the overall welfare of his playthings, it is always beneficial to walk among them every so often to give them the impression that he truly does care. As Balgruuf passes by he had the view of some state soldiers bursting into a nearby building. Odds are that they were probably looking for illegal aliens. The religion of Islam has been trying to spread into Balgruuf's nation for awhile now. While he doesn't depose of the religion Balgruuf would rather the people of his nation worship him and his bloodline as their soul gods.

Walking by one of the city's markets Balgruuf saw a beggar on the side of the street. It infuriates Balgruuf that this man has the audacity to sit on the side of the walkway and ask for handouts, this beggar would spend his time much more efficiently by looking for a low income job to start anew. Even if he went to the palace for aid he would be spending his time more wisely than by begging on the side of the street. There is, however, nothing Balgruuf can do. With so many public eyes looking at him he could not just simply throw the beggar into jail for it would effect the Jarl's image. Just then, as the Jarl glares at the beggar, a woman walks by the beggar without even glancing. The beggar lifts up his hand and smacks her on the ass. Balgruuf loses it and bounds up to the beggar and starts beating him down with his feet. The yielding beggar pleas for mercy. Balgruuf refrains from continuing, deciding the beggar had learned his lesson. Balgruuf looks at the women and invites her to dine with him that night, as an apology for the man's rude behavior.

The beggar lay face-down on the street; he lifts up his head a few inches, blood dripping from his brow. He sees Balgruuf and the woman walking away together toward the palace. The beggar looks over to his change cup, Balgruuf had kick it into the street after the fight. The beggar looked back with hate at the leader of the nation he had once loved, a look at hate that will last the end of time.

Today....

Jarl Balgruuf sat in his chair looking out a window in his hotel room. It has been several weeks since the attempted assassination and he still isn't up to full health. Still, he can't help but want to take a more active role in the Convention. Someone knocks on the door, straining to get up Balgruuf walks to the door and opens it; its a courier.

Balgruuf: Speak swift lad, I'm need to get ready for dinner with Julius soon.

Courier: Sorry sir! I just got news that Caput has left the convention!

Balgruuf: And why would they do such a thing? They're providing the security.

Courier: The whole nation of Caput has left on a journey to another land! The rumors say they walk with god!

Balgruuf: And what do the other nations think?

Courier: The NRR has agreed with Caput, and has followed them on their Journey. There are rumors of the other nations joining their side.

Balgruuf: We cannot leave their side! No matter where we must go! We must stand together! Contact all the Generals, order them to organize and follow the exodus.

Balgruuf didn't wait for a response and walked as quickly has his wounds would let him. Within minutes he was at his flagship, The JSS Akatosh.

Admiral Brynja: Sir! I got your orders. Are you sure of this?

Balgruuf: No of course I'm not! But if we're alone when this is over we can't take on a large war alone if one happens! We leave now!

Admiral Brynja: Of course sir! The ships are ready to go. We have retrieved all our citizens on foreign soil as well.

Balgruuf: Very well, I'll be in my office.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balgruuf was at his desk, working on some paper work when the ship's sirens turned on. Rushing to the hall he got the report. Aenoya had launched an attack on the leaving nations. Since Balgruuf was lagging behind the First Fleet was had to face them. Hearing gunfire and cannon launching Balgruuf went to the deck and confronted Brynja.

Balgruuf: What is this?

Brynja: The Aenoyains have launched their entire fleet to stop the Exodus! We're outnumbered!

Balgruuf: Where are the other fleets?!

Brynja: They're already there! What do we do my lord?

Balgruuf: We pray.

And so they prayed. The entire fleet stopped their defense activities and got down and prayed to their salvation. Just when the end was absolute. The impossible happened. The entire Aenoyain Armada was smote by god, and in the distance we could see Aenoya itself. Aenoya, the heretics island, was sinking. And all of Aenoya sank to the ocean floor, leaving behind only a tiny island from its largest mountain. Leaving the First Fleet its opening to freedom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarl Balgruuf waits for the final preparations to land in their new home. Excited to start anew and at the same time continue the Convention. When he yet again hears a knock on his door. He walks over and opens it. It is a man, one with a scraggly beard, who looks familiar. Balgruuf knew that they had citizens on board for the trip over, but why was he allowed to visit Balgruuf?

Balgruuf: What do you want?

Beggar: Just to visit an old friend.

Balgruuf: I do not know you! What is it you want? I do not like to be disturbed.

Beggar: So sorry... my lord. I only wish to give you something.

Balgruuf: Oh? And what is that?

Beggar: Your death.

The Beggar pulled out a dagger of bronze, and sliced open Balgruuf's chest. Falling to the ground Balgruuf looked up to the man with a solemn look.

Balgruuf: Why?.... (At that point Balgruuf remembers who this man is. Pitying him for committing murder)

Beggar: For Justice.

The Beggar leaves. Only moments later Scipio comes in.

Scipio: My Lord! What has happened?! We must get you to a doctor!

Balgruuf: Nevermind that. Come closer I must tell you something.

**Scipio comes to Balgruuf's side**

Balgruuf: You must... lead the people now. You are a war hero, a General.... Protect our people..... They will follow you..

Balgruuf closes his eyes and passes. Scipio lies his body into a more restful position and turns to get help. For their leader has died.
Last edited by Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Notre Royaume De Rien
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Notre Royaume De Rien » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:13 am

Today is a day of mourning.

The nation of Notre Royaume De Rien and the entire Justinian Empire is mourning the loss of a beloved leader; and I of a beloved friend. The world is a worse place without Jarl Balgruff. He will be deeply missed.

What is more important is what he died for. Jarl Balgruff died trying to bring us all to the promised land. So we must go to the Canin with increased haste. The Jarl also died for the Empire. So we must be united in greater measure.

All flags of any kind throughout the empire shall not be permitted to fly at half mast. The Jarl died defending our land. We'll fly our flags high, as he would.

I'm going to miss you.
~Emperor Iustus of the Justinian Empire

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:39 pm

To Emperor Iustus of the Justinian Empire,

Emperor Iustus, I would like to personally welcome you to the burial of Jarl Balgruuf. You are welcome to bring 3 guests of your choosing. While this is a private burial; with only SDJB Generals and Admirals, you, and myself we do find it accepting to give you the ability to bring 3 others. I will be speaking at the burial, and I am sure Balgruuf would have wanted you to do the same. On a side note I would like to request we temporarily halt the regional convention long enough to have this burial, and to give nations who still need to come the chance to get there. I will continue to represent the SDJB in the convention, as the Military has decided to heed one of Balgruuf's death wishes and place me as Dictator, preventing a civil war. I await your reply.

Dictator Scipio

Sicildegna
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicildegna » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:48 am

"Jarl Balgruuf was a true man of the faith and of the empire. He was always out doing God's work, until the very end. Today his work shall be recognized.

I am declaring Jarl Balgruuf a saint. Saint Balgruuf shall always be remembered for his great works and the miracle he instituted while we were making our exodus, saving countless lives. Balgruuf was a mighty judge of God and a scourge to the heathen peoples. He shall be the patron saint of his dominion, warfare, and vengeance. The first saint of the Sicildegnan Catholic Church. May his name be mighty throughout the nations.

I am also happy to be accompanying Emperor Iustus to the Saint's burial. I pray I may be well received in his dominion."

~Pope Leonardus

Secretary

Ex-Nation

The Funeral of Jarl Balgruuf

Postby Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:32 am

As a whole nation weeps for their dead leader, they readily accept their new one. General Scipio has been made the new Jarl of the SDJB, and is the new Jarl Ballin. Military leaders, Scipio, Emperor Iustus, Pope Leonardus, and other guests have met at the Jarl's burial site. As the workers buried the coffin Jarl Scipio stood up and went over to the stand.

"Thank you all again for coming. I know we have much to do, especially with the convention, so it warms my heart that you all could make the time to come say your goodbyes. I would now like to ask if anyone has anything to say in the memory of Balgruuf."

General Julius steps up to the stand to speak.

"The Jarl and I didn't always see eye to eye. And I found it touching that he decided to leave his Legion to me when he passed. He will be remembered as a man who cared not for odds and was open to change. Balgruuf believed that the convention could work, while I thought it was a joke. Because of him my views have changed, and now I see more like him."

General Julius steps down from the stand, Scipio returns.

"Will there be anyone else who would like to speak?"

Notre Royaume De Rien
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Notre Royaume De Rien » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:24 am

Emperor Iustus steps forward with tears in his eyes.

"The Jarl was one of my closest friends. He was a founding member of the Empire and supported me in two wars. He is greatly missed in Notre Royaume De Rien. I do not know words to say for such a great man. Au revoir mon ami."

The Emperor stood back with tears still in his eyes. It seems like he was weeping for more than just the Jarl's death, but the death of something else as well. Pope Leonardus was next to speak.

"I did not know the Jarl personally but my creator knew him. His actions were great throughout the land and he is fully deserving of the title of saint. May God bless your soul."

The Pope seemed troubled but was not especially moved. Finally General Charles De Rien stepped forward.

"Damn. He sure did pick a great way to go out. Saint Balgruuf. Saint of war. What a title. What a man."

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:49 am

Scipio returns to the stand with the color drained from his face.

Thank you for those kind words. Balgruuf would have been gladdened with all of you here today, and with what you said. There is however something I would like to share with all of you... Balgruuf's last words. While Balgruuf told me as he passed that I was to lead his people, he also said this..

"In my moments.. Praying for God to smite the Aenoyian aggressors no answer came, and I knew in that moment there was no god; I was mistaken all my life. I had betrayed the pantheon of Gods we were all originally raised to follow... So I spoke to the Divines, pleading to give our people the chance to survive; offering my life as tribute. The Nine Divines heard my prayer, no singular God did....... Bring our people to terms with the Gods Scipio.. For they need you as much as you need them..."

Scipio finishes his story by telling the audience what they already know, that he had gotten help after laying their leader to rest.

Scipio addresses the audience directly.

I will heed my Jarl's dying wish, and make every nation in the SDJB union a place of free worship. I therefor call upon the people to make their choice, will you join your leaders and follow your Father's dying wish? To open our hearts to the proper gods?

Scipio ends his speech on that note, and walks back to the Palace to prepare for the continuation of the convention. In the days to come the SDJB people will become divided religiously. 68% of the population will convert to the old Pantheon, 14% will teeter on the line and open their eyes and continue to choose a side. It is only roughly 18% of the population which will stay loyal to a lone God, but can do nothing; their peers forbid it.

Notre Royaume De Rien
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Notre Royaume De Rien » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:02 am

These are all lies. I knew the Jarl he was a true believer in the one true God. He is a saint for Christ's sake. I will not allow the heathen practices of SDJB to slander the name of the Jarl.

Regardless of this, I will not allow a pagan nation to remain within my Catholic Empire. All political ties between SDJB and the Justinian Empire are henceforth severed. My Empire will stand through all tests.

I will continue to hold the constitutional convention regardless. This work supersedes the Empire.

May God help us all.

Ungodly Darkness
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

The Convention Continues

Postby Ungodly Darkness » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:18 am

I, Peatri Callium would like to call the convention back into continuation. The current representatives in attendance are these men. Any nation can change their representative at any time if they so please.

We have in attendance:
Emperor Iustus of the Justinian Empire, representing Notre Royaume De Rien, presiding over the convention,
The Despot Knight of the Confederacy of Caput Ilevakam,
King Prospero Salandi of Sicildegna,
Leader Nathaniel Canin of The Oppressed Peoples of New Byblos,
Dictator Scipio of the Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin',
Emperor Dimitri Fabrizzio of the Empire of Ombomnom,
Peatri Callium of the Dominion of Ungodly Darkness,
King Jaffe Joffer of the Kingdom of Luzonsamar,
Zacharius of Chernovar,
and Dictator Kim Jong Un of The Empire of Declandia.

At this time I would also like to re-propose the first bill proposed, since it did not get passed.

General Scipio of the SDJB First Legion steps onto the convention floor. Leaving his rehearsed papers behind where he sat.

Thank you for hearing me. I would firstly like to apologize for the absence of my nation's leader. My Jarl has chosen me to represent him in these matters. However, if you feel I am not doing my given job, you are more than welcome to speak to Jarl Balgruuf at the Hotel. Now I will now propose the first resolution to our Regional Conventions.

I recognize the need for equal representation in a region so diverse. Which is why I find it in the best interest of the convention to permanently adopt the resolution to assign one vote per Nation, and to keep the minimum to pass a law at 2/3 support. While I hope we grow as a association, I also am aware we do not have many to start off with. Because of this it will be even more important to have a working system that hears everyone's stake. I also would like to further define the response for voting. While it is important to be productive in our talks, it is also important to make sure everyone's voice is heard if they so wish to speak. I would then sugjest that once a vote commences the members shall have 3 days to vote upon it.

Proposal overview:

-Nations will permanently have 1 vote to themselves in the Regional Conventions.

-2/3 Majority will stand when voting on any item.

-Voters who don't vote in a decision will not have their nation counted in the final 2/3 majority

-3 day voting period on items.

Locking in... (Non-negotiable parts of proposal)

Bullet 1
Bullet 2
Bullet 3
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bullet 4 in my plan is negotiable. *** If Bullet 4 is to be negotiated. Send proposals through the Forum***

The floor is now open specifically to other proposals regarding Voting terms.
Last edited by Ungodly Darkness on Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Suisland
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Suisland » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:46 pm

The Suisch representative, Johan De Vries, arrives at the convention with stacks upon stacks of papers in his hand. He finds the secretary and signs himself and the country he represents into the convention.

Sjalgard
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sjalgard » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:51 pm

The sound of a war-horn fills the air as a company of chainmail-clad, iron-bearing Vikings march down the road to New Paris' gates. The tallest of the crowd, a fair-haired man with a braided beard, bangs his ax on his shield before roaring to the gates in very broken English:

"HEIL ODEN!!! INGJOLF STEINARSSON DEMANDS GREAT AND ANCIENT RITE OF GÆSTFRIHD!!! OPEN GATES, IN NAME OF SJALGARD AND KING EIRIK HAKONSSON!!!"
Last edited by Sjalgard on Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Leader: King Eirik Lodbrok
Government: Elective parliamentary monarchy
Capital City: Trondheim
Language: Old Norse
Military: 1.5 million
Currency: Mark
Religion: Paganism
Exports: Fish, oil, mead, fur, amber, ivory, slaves, death metal.
Imports: Spices, wine, steel, machines, chemical weapons.
Favorite Pastimes: Drinking, pillaging, drinking while pillaging, fishing, and murdering Christians.

Adramaion
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Adramaion Arrives

Postby Adramaion » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:21 pm

Greetings Canin! I like like to introduce myself. I am President Lenox Ford of the Democratic Republic Nation of Adramaion. We have arrived in Canin with intent of peace. We would like to extend a helping hand to those in need. Hopefully, we will have centuries of peace to come.

(OOC) This is Zach, this is my 2nd nation with my 1st being Chernovar.

Suisland
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Suisland » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:07 am

[OOC:] Is it okay to go ahead and speak at the convention?

Notre Royaume De Rien
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Notre Royaume De Rien » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:08 am

Great news for the region of Canin.
To forgo the arduous task of creating a faulty regional government we are creating a new government.

New Byblos shall be the Supreme Benevolent Dictator of Canin and Notre Royaume De Rien shall be their humble servant, the Lion of Judah, and shall enforce the edicts of the dictator.

With this system fairness and goodness shall be secured throughout the land. Praise be to Canin!

The following equation shall be used to determine official maximum military size for the nations of Canin. All other matters shall be left to the will of the Supreme Benevolent Dictator and the execution of that will by the Lion of Judah.

The equation shall be:
Take the population. Then multiply it by .05 (5% of its size. Suggest size of military in NS is 10% of pop but this is old times). Then take that number and multiply it by your tax rate. (so if you have a 40% take rate you would multiply it by .40). Furthermore take that number and multiply it by your military spending (so if you have 14% military spending it would multiply by .14)

Pop*.05= .05pop
.05pop*Tax= .05poptax
.05poptax*MilSpend= .05poptaxMilSpend
Ex: The Dominion of Sicildegna
337,000,000*.05= 16,850,000
16,850,000*.19= 3,201,500
3,201,500*.225= 720,337.5 soldiers

Sjalgard
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sjalgard » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:51 am

Ingjolf Steinarsson stomps through the former convention room, trailing mud from his leather boots. His face is quite literally crimson, or what face can be seen from beneath his massive beard and hair. Eventually he takes hold of a tapestry on the wall, rips it from its clutches, and throws it to the floor, then proceeds to leave the room in a furious state.
Last edited by Sjalgard on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leader: King Eirik Lodbrok
Government: Elective parliamentary monarchy
Capital City: Trondheim
Language: Old Norse
Military: 1.5 million
Currency: Mark
Religion: Paganism
Exports: Fish, oil, mead, fur, amber, ivory, slaves, death metal.
Imports: Spices, wine, steel, machines, chemical weapons.
Favorite Pastimes: Drinking, pillaging, drinking while pillaging, fishing, and murdering Christians.

Hollangia
Civilian

Founded: Sep 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Hollangia » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:07 am

Grand Duke Charles Augusting III arrived in New Paris with a grand entourage. The people cheered as strange animals, performers, and large boxes filled with precious items paraded past. Beautiful music from varying brass instruments filled the ears of the residents of New Paris. The Grand Duke headed the column atop a white horse; his long ermine robe lay on his gold and white clad shoulders. As the parade rounded the corner bringing the capitol building into view, the column came to a halt. Several attendants scurried to the front and assisted Charles of Hollangia down from his mount. The attending knights dismounted as well and escorting the Grand duke across the drawbridge. He then proceeded to walk up the many steps of the Rien capitol followed by servants holding his robe from the ground. The door of the keep swung open and a sea of colors flooded past the gates. Grand Duke Charles clapped his hands and demanded silence. Emperor Iustus sat at the head of a great feast tabled catered and decorating with exotic foods. Charles Augusting bowed before the emperor; a smile forming from the corner of his mouth.

"You decision to join the empire proves your wisdom and piety," the emperor said before motioning for Charles to take a seat.

"Thank you your highness."

The emperor claps once and a servant appears with a document, a quill, and ink. The three items are put in front of Charles. He immediately scribbles something on the document.

The Hollangian treaty was signed. People all across the empire celebrated the incorporation of Hollangia into the Justintine Empire.
Last edited by Hollangia on Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luzonsamar
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Death to Darkesia!!!!!

Postby Luzonsamar » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:36 am

Hear ye! Hear ye! I speak on behalf of the our grand Emperor Iustus. I deliver this message humbly because our lord is sick. However do not fret for our Emperor has only a sore throat. The Emperor has declared a war on The Kingdom of Darkesia. Every nation that is within the empire is to engage a conquest of Darkesia.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

My ancestors are smiling at me Darkesians, can you say the s

Postby Swag Dictatorship of Jarl Ballin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:08 am

Jarl Scipio of the SDJB looked down at his meeting table. On it lay a map of Canin and the Nations that lay in it's hold. Picking up figures to the side he places them on the countries of Chernovar, Ungodly Darkness, Ombomnom, and his own. He calls for Generals Julius and Irileth.

**Generals Julius and Irileth walk in**

Julius and Irileth say in unison: Yes my lord?

Jarl Scipio: We're attacking Great Darkesia, now.

Julius and Irileth smile; both have been waiting for this day to come.

Jarl Scipio: We have the support of Chernovar, Ombomnom, and Ungodly Darkness. Chernovar has already promise us all their military forces, and we have done the same. Ungodly Darkness is being entrusted with protecting Chernovar, The SDJB and itself. Ombomnom has issued us an unknown amount of soldiers, potentially up to 3,082,536 Ombomnomian soldiers will be marching on Darkesia. Emperor Iustus and his empire has also declared war on them; this is a joint war effort. **Scipio shows them the military list)

The SDJB: 4,577,936 on march to Chernovar.
Chernovar: 4,505,900 awaiting arrival of The SDJB, where both forces will invade Darkesia from the North-West.
Ungodly Darkness: 959,040 have been moved into position around The SDJB, Chernovar, and UGD in means to defend from possible attack.
Ombomnom: Unknown amount attacking and defending. Could send up to 3,082,536 troops.
The Empire: Unknown amount of forces invading or defending. Troop availability at 4,055,927

Scipio look at his Generals: Execute the orders, now.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents