NATION

PASSWORD

Simtropia's Last Stand (OOC)

OH GOD! They're back! The scratching, the moaning, there's blood everywhere! I'm all out of bullets! If anyone can hear this transmission, save yourselves!
Simtropia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 28, 2006
Ex-Nation

Simtropia's Last Stand (OOC)

Postby Simtropia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:59 pm

THIS particular nation of the NationStates world is going to be retired after the Zombie apocalypse special.

So far, the nation has virtually collapsed due to the Ebola epidemic this month, with over two-thirds of the population infected. The pollution, the failure of the healthcare system and the legacy of the old regime has made the crisis uncontrollable and the government has virtually ceased to exist.

I decided to take advantage of the Zombie apocalypse special for a "last hurrah" before I finally retire this nation.

My strategy on this event shall be to embrace the zombies until 100% of the population are zombies, and then exterminate them until all of them are gone. I wonder what should I do to speed up my strategy?

Thanks.
Last edited by Simtropia on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prezelly
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Prezelly » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:03 pm

You poor country. After our zombie elimination squads mobilize, we will put you out of your misery
All opinions are accepted as long as they are the right one
Political Compass
Economic Right: 2.0
Social Authoritarian: 0.7

ISTP personality type

Simtropia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Simtropia » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:11 pm

I hope to speed up the infection: anyone with spare hordes are kindly requested to use it on us to speed up the infection rate to 100%. Simtropia will not retaliate given that this is about marking the nation's last hurrah.
Last edited by Simtropia on Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simtropia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Simtropia » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:07 pm

The Finale:

At about 1830 GMT this evening, the last President of Simtropia, Tricia Ayala, was informed by the National Emergency Agency (NEA) that Simtropia was now officially a uninhabitable and polluted wasteland with no more inhabitants. At this point, the former residents have either succumbed to Ebola or the Zombies, or left the territory forever for pastures new.

It is a very tragic moment for all survivors of Simtropia, but regrettably inevitable despite all our efforts, because of the devastation from the Ebola epidemic earlier this month. Zombies had easily completed the takeover of Simtropia by 0900 GMT because all infrastructure collapsed during the Ebola epidemic.

In a desperate struggle to reverse the calamity, the NEA sent 22 million survivors to the country at 1530 GMT to develop a cure missile, but without any success as the plague was of a strange strain that other vaccines could not deal with.

Fortunately, we evacuated all of them by 1800 GMT, but the fate was sealed half an hour earlier as Ms. Ayala tearfully instructed the Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad (TZES) to eliminate the zombies, so as to reduce the threat to the neighbouring nations.

Ayala looked out of the small window of the NEA command centre. Thanks to Landgraab, the territory is now uninhabitable forever: for her, her family and all former Simtropians, a new struggle begins... to find a new home.

I should point out that there was a minor gameplay strategy change because when Simtropia had 100% zombies, we could not use the TZES to speed up the death toll, which I could learn when using Zombie apocalypses to retire nations.

On the occasion of retiring this particular nation, once a repressive corporatist state, I'd like to thank the region of World Virulent Organization for providing hospitality during this story and making it easy to convert survivors into zombies, and in particular, Wisconsin9 for providing the bulk of the TZES troops to deliver the grand finale.

Return to Zombie Emergency Command Center