NATION

PASSWORD

The Relics - IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Relics - IC

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:50 am

Smoke and vapor fills the air as A Train rolls into the aesthetic subway station to deliver a load of passengers to the opening of the Palace of Science. The doors open, allowing the passengers to exit their cabins, At the end of the station lies a long staircase, leading the the Entrance of the palace, Where a large crowd has already gathered, waiting for the Mayor to Start his speech.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:09 am

Alvie stood in the crowd, looking up at the Palace. She wasn't interested in the Mayor or the grand opening of this place. She was here to remember the place that stood in that spot before. The brilliant Museum that had occupied that space and had brought much joy to her when she was younger. Before her father had found her, Alvie used to sneak into the Museum and look at all the nifty things inside. Afterwards, the old clock-maker would take her every Saturday, up until the day they tore it down, shortly before he died.

Alvie took a deep breath and broke away from the crowd. She glanced around to make sure no one was watching and darted around the corner, heading for the back of the Palace. She wanted to know the ins and outs of this new place. She wasn't worried about getting caught, since she could play the silly woman who'd just gotten lost. Maybe she could make up a husband or older brother to help her cover. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The red-head thought as she reached a little side door and jiggled the handle, sighing when she found that it was locked.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Female|Cancer|Tiger|INFP|Heterosexual|

Economic Left/Right: -3.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.21

None at the moment. Sorry, folks!

"You're Not the Only One" A New RP from Apol! :D

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 am

Apolitistos wrote:Alvie stood in the crowd, looking up at the Palace. She wasn't interested in the Mayor or the grand opening of this place. She was here to remember the place that stood in that spot before. The brilliant Museum that had occupied that space and had brought much joy to her when she was younger. Before her father had found her, Alvie used to sneak into the Museum and look at all the nifty things inside. Afterwards, the old clock-maker would take her every Saturday, up until the day they tore it down, shortly before he died.

Alvie took a deep breath and broke away from the crowd. She glanced around to make sure no one was watching and darted around the corner, heading for the back of the Palace. She wanted to know the ins and outs of this new place. She wasn't worried about getting caught, since she could play the silly woman who'd just gotten lost. Maybe she could make up a husband or older brother to help her cover. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. The red-head thought as she reached a little side door and jiggled the handle, sighing when she found that it was locked.

But Alvie wasn't alone. A Group of man in dark robes, who's face was hidden behind the brim of their hats watched her from the shadows. They too, broke away from the crowd to survey the area. After Alvie didn't managed to get inside, they silently moved away, Just in time to evade the Patrol of Red Coats who were about to arrive at the emergency exit. The red coats were tasked with protecting the palace from unwanted Intruders... such as French and German spies, who engaged in industrial espionage.

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:02 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Apolitistos wrote:Alvie stood in the crowd, looking up at the Palace. She wasn't interested in the Mayor or the grand opening of this place. She was here to remember the place that stood in that spot before. The brilliant Museum that had occupied that space and had brought much joy to her when she was younger. Before her father had found her, Alvie used to sneak into the Museum and look at all the nifty things inside. Afterwards, the old clock-maker would take her every Saturday, up until the day they tore it down, shortly before he died.

But Alvie wasn't alone. A Group of man in dark robes, who's face was hidden behind the brim of their hats watched her from the shadows. They too, broke away from the crowd to survey the area. After Alvie didn't managed to get inside, they silently moved away, Just in time to evade the Patrol of Red Coats who were about to arrive at the emergency exit. The red coats were tasked with protecting the palace from unwanted Intruders... such as French and German spies, who engaged in industrial espionage.

Alvie heard footsteps and quickly ran away from the door, turning the corner to the very back of the building, disappearing from view just seconds after the door opened. She pressed her body to the wall, trying to keep her breathing quiet and steady, despite having just sprinted a good 20 feet. She looked around, noting the building behind the Palace. If need be, she could just leave the Palace and come back at night. Of course, then security would be even tighter than it was at the opening. Alvie sighed internally, deciding that maybe this wasn't a good idea.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:17 am

Apolitistos wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Alvie heard footsteps and quickly ran away from the door, turning the corner to the very back of the building, disappearing from view just seconds after the door opened. She pressed her body to the wall, trying to keep her breathing quiet and steady, despite having just sprinted a good 20 feet. She looked around, noting the building behind the Palace. If need be, she could just leave the Palace and come back at night. Of course, then security would be even tighter than it was at the opening. Alvie sighed internally, deciding that maybe this wasn't a good idea.

"Halt!" - Shouted a redcoat. and the collum of guards ceased moving.
"Pipes out, Tobacco ready aaaand, light!" - said the same redcoat as his fellow soldiers lit their pipes and started smoking.
"You know Will, it was funny the first time. Not so much anymore... and you are going to attract attention with that shouting." - Said another guard. - "I'm going to take a leak." - He then added as he left the other guards to find a spot where he can... take a leak. His footsteps became louder and louder as he headed in the direction of Alvie...

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:01 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Apolitistos wrote:

"Pipes out, Tobacco ready aaaand, light!" - said the same redcoat as his fellow soldiers lit their pipes and started smoking.
"You know Will, it was funny the first time. Not so much anymore... and you are going to attract attention with that shouting." - Said another guard. - "I'm going to take a leak." - He then added as he left the other guards to find a spot where he can... take a leak. His footsteps became louder and louder as he headed in the direction of Alvie...

Alvie heard the footsteps and tried to think of something to do. She bit her lip really hard, urging tears to spring to her eyes. Here, she would play the lost and scared young woman. This was why she'd worn a dark brown dress and not her leather pants. Alvie started to make sobbing noises and sink to the ground in a heap.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:22 am

Apolitistos wrote:
Harkback Union wrote:

Alvie heard the footsteps and tried to think of something to do. She bit her lip really hard, urging tears to spring to her eyes. Here, she would play the lost and scared young woman. This was why she'd worn a dark brown dress and not her leather pants. Alvie started to make sobbing noises and sink to the ground in a heap.

The palace guard noticed the strange noises and searched for their origin. It wasn't very long before he found a young woman lying on the pavement.

"Well, well... What do we have here?" - He said as he approached Alvie. - " Guys, come over here, you have to see this!"

The other guards quickly arrived at the scene.

"Are you lost, Sweetheart?" - Asked one of the soldiers dressed in red with a smile. - "Don't worry, we'll take care of you."

"Oh yes we will..." - Added another man while the other chuckled. Smoke and engine noise willed the air as A long train passed through a nearby elevated rail line. - "Perfect timing."

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:52 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Apolitistos wrote:

The palace guard noticed the strange noises and searched for their origin. It wasn't very long before he found a young woman lying on the pavement.

"Well, well... What do we have here?" - He said as he approached Alvie. - " Guys, come over here, you have to see this!"

The other guards quickly arrived at the scene.

"Are you lost, Sweetheart?" - Asked one of the soldiers dressed in red with a smile. - "Don't worry, we'll take care of you."

"Oh yes we will..." - Added another man while the other chuckled. Smoke and engine noise willed the air as A long train passed through a nearby elevated rail line. - "Perfect timing."

"Y-yes, sirs." Alvie sniffled, trying to look as innocent and scared as possible. Then she took it what the other man had said and the train coming by. "A-are you nice men going to help me get back to the o-opening?" She asked, her voice now quivering with real fear. Alvie hadn't thought for a second that a soldier might do something questionable. However, she had a feeling in her gut that she should not trust these men. Good thing I hid a knife in my boot, should I need it. The ginger thought quietly.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Austro Hungarian
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austro Hungarian » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:52 am

Nathan took his time getting off the train he did not want anyone to brush their filthy hands on his Tesla rifle it was wrapped up in cloth. He finally got off the train and by the time he did he noticed it was very crowded around the center. He thought the must logical reason for this is for some big speech which he did not care for his main reason for begin here is to find a solution for his rifle. He wondered if there was some way to get inside the museum alone, he needed peace and quite to think properly he decided to sneak in by asking where the wash room was He went up to a guard.

"Excuse me fine gentlemen may I ask where the nearest washroom is?" Nathan asked in a polite tone

The guard seemed displeased at Nathan for bugging him.

"Look around mate the washroom is everywhere!" The guard laughed out loud at his own remark.
"Now listen here yo-" Nathan was interrupted by another guard he came and whispered something and they both quickly left. This intrigued Nathan and he decided to follow in a safe distance, when upon coming to their destination he noticed there was at lease four guards surrounding a young women it didn't take a genius to figure out what was happening. He couldn't stand by and watch so he stepped out from his hiding spot and yelled.

"Oh thanks heaven you found my wife!!" Nathan yelled running up to the unknown girl
"Come on patty! We must listen to the mayor speak!" Grabbing her arm.
Click here to join my role plays:
None at this moment.

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Austro Hungarian wrote:Nathan took his time getting off the train he did not want anyone to brush their filthy hands on his Tesla rifle it was wrapped up in cloth. He finally got off the train and by the time he did he noticed it was very crowded around the center. He thought the must logical reason for this is for some big speech which he did not care for his main reason for begin here is to find a solution for his rifle. He wondered if there was some way to get inside the museum alone, he needed peace and quite to think properly he decided to sneak in by asking where the wash room was He went up to a guard.

"Excuse me fine gentlemen may I ask where the nearest washroom is?" Nathan asked in a polite tone

The guard seemed displeased at Nathan for bugging him.

"Look around mate the washroom is everywhere!" The guard laughed out loud at his own remark.
"Now listen here yo-" Nathan was interrupted by another guard he came and whispered something and they both quickly left. This intrigued Nathan and he decided to follow in a safe distance, when upon coming to their destination he noticed there was at lease four guards surrounding a young women it didn't take a genius to figure out what was happening. He couldn't stand by and watch so he stepped out from his hiding spot and yelled.

"Oh thanks heaven you found my wife!!" Nathan yelled running up to the unknown girl
"Come on patty! We must listen to the mayor speak!" Grabbing her arm.

Alvie looked just a little startled as this man burst in and grabbed her, claiming she was his wife. Although, she supposed, that was exactly the salvation she needed. "I was looking all over for you!" She exclaimed, wiping her cheeks as she stood and followed him
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:36 pm

The Guards had no choice but to let the Girl go.

"Bugger..." - One said. - "We should have dragged her into that alley." - He added as turned around. A Dagger than sliced his throat.

Meanwhile, at the Palace of Entrance. The Mayor was about to finish his speech.

"...And That my friends, is why this palace is the greatest wonder of the world... Its majesty is uncomparable to that oversized Flagpole in Paris they call Eiffel Tower. What an Eyesore that heap of junk is!." - The crowd applouded - "The Palace of Silence..." - The mayor was stopped there by his assistant. They whispered for a short while before the speech continued. - "Ahem, As mayor of London, It is my honor to open the palace of Sile... Science before the grand public!"
The mayor then left the podium to cut a silk Red and White tape hanged before the entrance, only to learn from his assistant that the tape was already cut by a soldier who claimed he was instructed by the police chief to cut through the Red and white tape as it may be linked to a bomb. The mayor then walked inside the palace... He was followed by the crowd of visitors.

Austro Hungarian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Austro Hungarian » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:54 pm

Nathan continued walking with the unknown woman until they reached the outside of the science museum, by the time they got there the crowd started to disperse and move into the museum. He looked at the girl and noticed her must distinctive feature was her bright red hair, upon closer inspection she had a pretty face it was no wonder the guards were harassing her.

"Young lady you should be more careful where you head you are lucky I came along." Nathan said to her.
"Oh I guess I should introduce myself my name is Nathan Decker, inventor and entrepreneur." He takes off his top hat and bows.
"Would care to join me in the tour around the science museum?" Nathan stopped for a moment. "I'm sorry how rude of me to ask you to accompany me when I don't even know your name yet!"
None at this moment.

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Austro Hungarian wrote:Nathan continued walking with the unknown woman until they reached the outside of the science museum, by the time they got there the crowd started to disperse and move into the museum. He looked at the girl and noticed her must distinctive feature was her bright red hair, upon closer inspection she had a pretty face it was no wonder the guards were harassing her.

"Young lady you should be more careful where you head you are lucky I came along." Nathan said to her.
"Oh I guess I should introduce myself my name is Nathan Decker, inventor and entrepreneur." He takes off his top hat and bows.
"Would care to join me in the tour around the science museum?" Nathan stopped for a moment. "I'm sorry how rude of me to ask you to accompany me when I don't even know your name yet!"

Alvie smiled. "Alvie Bertram, at your service, sir. And yes, I would love accompany you! The least I can do for my hero." She said playfully. "Thank you, by the way. I'm not sure what would've happened if you hadn't come along." She said, not mentioning the knife in her boot. Just in case this man got any ideas, she had to be on her guard.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:59 pm

Inside the Marble Building were all sorts of mechical and electric Contraptions... clockwork Calculators, Steam powered Carriages, Wireless Telephones, Restaurants staffed by Food maker and waiter Automatas, there was even a machine that could tell what color of clothing people wear in front of it. Among the Great many High-class people whom gathered to see these wonderful machines were the Empire's finest Uniforms, tasked with safeguarding the valuable people and technology. Some of the Redcoats however acted rather suspiciously. They roamed the palace, rolling up red carpets and unlocking staff doors. Whenever people asked what they were looking for, they said "Its protocol".

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Pedro watched the speech listening to every word carefully and following the crowd inside. His top hat he bought before buying every single lottery ticket in the US had a revolver inside it just in case. These wonders amazed him immensely thinking of how much money he could get from copying one of them and selling them cheaply. He looked around at any items and studied their design carefully occasionally sneaking up to them and getting a little too close.
Political Compass: Economic: -8.88 Social: -9.54
Libertarian Socialist with Anarcho-Communist Leanings
Still dirty commie, shower is currently being collectivised.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:12 pm

Seno Zhou Varada wrote:Pedro watched the speech listening to every word carefully and following the crowd inside. His top hat he bought before buying every single lottery ticket in the US had a revolver inside it just in case. These wonders amazed him immensely thinking of how much money he could get from copying one of them and selling them cheaply. He looked around at any items and studied their design carefully occasionally sneaking up to them and getting a little too close.

It seemed as if the Palace guards weren't too concerned about Pedro's violation of Industrial Espionage laws, which stated that no foreigner should be within the 1 meter radious of a patented British invention. The Redcoats were too busy looking for something... which they soon found behind an old clock at the end of a dim corridor. They moved the clock out of the way and descended through a staircase...

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:31 pm

"Hm?" Alvie murmured at some point during the tour as she glimpsed the Redcoats going somewhere, though she couldn't quite tell where. "Nathan." She whispered, tugging on her companions sleeve and nodding after the soldiers. "Suspicious activity... Should we go have a look-see?" She asked him
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Austro Hungarian
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Austro Hungarian » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm

Apolitistos wrote:"Hm?" Alvie murmured at some point during the tour as she glimpsed the Redcoats going somewhere, though she couldn't quite tell where. "Nathan." She whispered, tugging on her companions sleeve and nodding after the soldiers. "Suspicious activity... Should we go have a look-see?" She asked him

"Hmm..? Yes it is a little suspicious, but wouldn't that be illegal? Think about what would happen if we were caught I don't think we could get ourselves out that easy." He said in a reasoning tone, but as he was telling her that he did noticed a lot of guard activity searching random rooms for no good reason.

"Well... Alright, but we have to be extra careful. If were caught we might spend the rest of our tour in prison, and I won't be able to finish my current project." As he said that he clench the white cloth that was covering the prototype Tesla Rifle. "Well, lets get this over with then." Nathan complained
Last edited by Austro Hungarian on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None at this moment.

Fraire
Minister

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Fraire » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Xavier stood there, listening to that idiotic mayor that wasn't him. Who does that mayor think he is? Xavier thought. Not being him and all. I mean me. Why do I...is someone watching me? He looked around. There was a crowd of people around him. They have me surrounded. I better act natural. Just. Act. Natural. Look at that stupid mayor or something. Oh god. what if they can read my mind? He held his breath. Get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head. Seriously. Stop it. Whoever you are. Wow. I am really paranoid. What the hell is wrong with me? Xavier was a very strange fellow.
Last edited by Fraire on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Pedro noticed the men out of the corner of his eye and his curiosity got the best of him and decided to tag along. Sneaking over to the area he took out his revolver and began sneaking down the steps like a ghost... well a very fancy ghost that spent all of it's money on the lottery.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:07 pm

Fraire wrote:Xavier stood there, listening to that idiotic mayor that wasn't him. Who does that mayor think he is? Xavier thought. Not being him and all. I mean me. Why do I...is someone watching me? He looked around. There was a crowd of people around him. They have me surrounded. I better act natural. Just. Act. Natural. Look at that stupid mayor or something. Oh god. what if they can read my mind? He held his breath. Get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head. Seriously. Stop it. Whoever you are. Wow. I am really paranoid. What the hell is wrong with me? Xavier was a very strange fellow.

Find meeee. - A Mysterious voice whispered... - Find mee... I'm in the basement beneath the palacce. Find the hidden entrance behind ooold clock, Hurrryy!

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:09 pm

Seno Zhou Varada wrote:Pedro noticed the men out of the corner of his eye and his curiosity got the best of him and decided to tag along. Sneaking over to the area he took out his revolver and began sneaking down the steps like a ghost... well a very fancy ghost that spent all of it's money on the lottery.

The staircase was long... and dark. Pitch Dark. Eventually, Pedro bumped into a door that wouldn't open.

Seno Zhou Varada
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Seno Zhou Varada » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:37 am

Harkback Union wrote:
Seno Zhou Varada wrote:Pedro noticed the men out of the corner of his eye and his curiosity got the best of him and decided to tag along. Sneaking over to the area he took out his revolver and began sneaking down the steps like a ghost... well a very fancy ghost that spent all of it's money on the lottery.

The staircase was long... and dark. Pitch Dark. Eventually, Pedro bumped into a door that wouldn't open.

'Hmmm was it locked?' Pedro thought looking for a lock if all failed he could shoot open. He also examined the door to see if he possibly could make one to sell... yeah buying a door that won't open... brilliant.

Apolitistos
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Apolitistos » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:01 am

Austro Hungarian wrote:
Apolitistos wrote:"Hm?" Alvie murmured at some point during the tour as she glimpsed the Redcoats going somewhere, though she couldn't quite tell where. "Nathan." She whispered, tugging on her companions sleeve and nodding after the soldiers. "Suspicious activity... Should we go have a look-see?" She asked him

"Hmm..? Yes it is a little suspicious, but wouldn't that be illegal? Think about what would happen if we were caught I don't think we could get ourselves out that easy." He said in a reasoning tone, but as he was telling her that he did noticed a lot of guard activity searching random rooms for no good reason.

"Well... Alright, but we have to be extra careful. If were caught we might spend the rest of our tour in prison, and I won't be able to finish my current project." As he said that he clench the white cloth that was covering the prototype Tesla Rifle. "Well, lets get this over with then." Nathan complained

Alvie nodded, glancing curiously at the contraption wrapped in cloth. She thought that it might be a weapon of some sort. Even if it wasn't, it could always be used as a blunt object to hit someone over the head with. Even if she couldn't, she always had her knife, which she still hadn't told Nathan about. As far as she was concerned, they were on a need-to-know basis. She walked over to the corridor that the guards had disappeared to and was a little surprised to find someone had already been there, since the clock was moved out of the way to expose a staircase. She glanced around her before slipping in and waving at Nathan to follow.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse