NATION

PASSWORD

Slava Slavaska (OOC, REBOOT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Slavaska
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Slava Slavaska (OOC, REBOOT)

Postby Slavaska » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:01 pm

These are issues from my region's newspaper, the Arkandian Post.

Issue 1: Slavaskan Independence

A new nation recently declared independence in the region of Arkandia. Its name is the Republic of Slavaska.

Until recently, Slavaska was only a province in the powerful Varsan Empire, an empire of Turkic culture that spans a large area with high population. However, not all of the empire was Turkic. In fact, most of the North-eastern provinces are populated by a Slavic majority. One of these such provinces reacted violently to an unfair new law passed by the Varsan government.

The Slavaskans had been secretly organizing a revolution for years, but only now did it gain enough support to be initiated. On June 22, 2014, Slavaskan flags were flown from official government buildings across the province of Slavaska, and the local provincial government sent a declaration of independence to the Varsan capitol of Bansara.

With this, Varsa sent a relatively small force to recapture the rebellious province. Upon entering Slavaska, the Varsan forces were practically massacred by Slavaskan guerrillas.

Slavaska later acheived victory over the Varsans with international support.

Issue 2: Nationalist Takeover

On September 14, 2014, a military coup of Nationalist loyalty have ousted the original Slavaskan republican government, and replaced it with a "Federal Republic". The flag has been changed and people are being rallied by powerful nationalistic speeches.

The new Federal Government has ordered a large-scale redesign of the nation's insignia, both civil and military, to reflect that Slavaska has changed.

From what can be discerned, there seems to be a more aggressive foreign policy in place, especially toward Slavaska's south-western neighbor, the Varsan Empire, which they had gained independence from recently.

Massive amounts of people are joining the Slavaskan army in a wave of nationalistic militarism previously unseen in the region.

The people of Slavaska are firm believers in their superiority over their neighbors, and that arrogance may spark a conflict in the near future, as many Slavaskans will seek retribution for the centuries of mistreatment of their culture by the Islamic Varsans.

The previous prime minister, Pavel Turchinsky, has fled the country and his current location is unknown. The new "Prime Minister" is General Boris Tatarin of the Slavaskan Army.

Following the recent Nationalist takeover of Slavaska, huge masses of Slavaskans joined the Slavaskan Federal Army (SFA), and, combined with international support from the Revolution, outnumbers even the Varsan army.

In the following days, massive armored columns have been building up along the border with Varsa, and the Slavaskan Federal Navy (SFN) has been building up and mobilizing.

The Slavaskan Federal Air Force (SFAF) has also expanded and is being mobilized more often.

More units of every type are being moved to the border, it seems. The Slavaskan government has been very effective at suppressing Varsan espionage, as well.

Large amounts of infantry, tanks, helicopters, planes, artillery (howitzers and rocket artillery), transports, and other offensive unit types are also sent to the border.

The SFA finally made a move on September 19, 2014, at 9:17 PM. Slavaskan Naval Infantry seized two Varsan-owned islands to the south of the two nations. At 9:22, Slavaskan flags flew and the Slavaskan anthem played in the streets of the cities on the islands.

SFA Troops patrolling one of the captured islands.

Map: http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t40 ... _Map-2.png

Apps:

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Nation Name in RP (eg. Varsa):[/b]
[b]Leader:[/b]
[b]Ideology:[/b]
[b]Side:[/b]
[b]Forces sent (Nothing too big):[/b]
[b]Aid Sent and to who:[/b]
[b]Reason for Joining:[/b]
Last edited by Slavaska on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am Lawful Neutral
I love Natalia Poklonskaya

You say Lady Gaga, I say Mozart.
You say Jason Derulo, I say Verdi.
You say Ke$ha, I say Strauss.
You say Pitbull, I say Tchaikovsky.
You say Justin Bieber, I say Profokiev, and go grow a pair.
98% percent of people listen to pop, hip hop, rap and pop-influenced forms of various genres. If you're one of the 2% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig, substituting the first part of artists for ones from your genre.
Old Anthem
Nationalist Anthem
Slavaskan War of Independence: Victory
Slavaskan Troops Seize Southern Islands
slavaksa stronk. slavaska can into space. Slavaska is member of Slavic Alliance.

Slavaska
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Slavaska » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Bump so people actually see this.
I am Lawful Neutral

98% percent of people listen to pop, hip hop, rap and pop-influenced forms of various genres. If you're one of the 2% who listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig, substituting the first part of artists for ones from your genre.
Old Anthem
Nationalist Anthem
slavaksa stronk. slavaska can into space. Slavaska is member of Slavic Alliance.

Kenzinia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenzinia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:56 pm

This looks interesting. I'd like to join please.

Nation Name: Kenzinia
Nation Name in RP (eg. Varsa): -above-
Leader: President Kenzie S.R
Ideology: Pancasila
Side: Slavaska
Forces sent (Nothing too big): 20,000 airborne troops + 1,500 commandos.
Aid Sent and to who: NS$ 20,000,000 to Slavaska.
Reason for Joining: As I said above, this looks interesting so I thought I'd jump in.
Pro:
Nationalism, Patriotism, Nazism, Palestine, Indonesia, Hitler, Islam
Anti:
Israel, USA, Judaism, Israel, LGBT Rights, Abortion Rights, Israel

My political compass
Economic Left/Right: -0.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.79
Indonesian! 13! Male! Muslim!

Member of the F.W.O!

I'm interested in WW2 RPs! TG me if you plan to make one!

Slavaska
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Slavaska » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:18 pm

Kenzinia wrote:This looks interesting. I'd like to join please.

Nation Name: Kenzinia
Nation Name in RP (eg. Varsa): -above-
Leader: President Kenzie S.R
Ideology: Pancasila
Side: Slavaska
Forces sent (Nothing too big): 20,000 airborne troops + 1,500 commandos.
Aid Sent and to who: NS$ 20,000,000 to Slavaska.
Reason for Joining: As I said above, this looks interesting so I thought I'd jump in.

Accepted.
I am Lawful Neutral

Old Anthem
Nationalist Anthem

Slavaska
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Slavaska » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Added backstory for all to see!
I am Lawful Neutral

Old Anthem
Nationalist Anthem

Slavaska
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Slavaska » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Renamed the thread to a more attractive title.
I am Lawful Neutral

Old Anthem
Nationalist Anthem

Return to International Incidents