NATION

PASSWORD

Could the Soviet Union come back?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Could the Soviet Union come back?

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:12 pm

I read something interesting that the new Novorossiya country in the Ukraine wants to have a Soviet-based government and also this raises a chilling question could the Soviet Union come back? I read it last night in Wikipedia and it really was chilling to think that a simple idea on the political spectrum can turn into a big radical fiasco for the European Union.

The status of Novorossiya then came into dispute on 26 May, when according to Bolotov, "none of the agreements have been concluded" but the intention is to form a "Union of People's Republics".[18] In an interview on 31 May, Denis Pushilin, head of state of the Donetsk People's Republic, stated that Novorossiya currently exists as a union of people's republics, but cooperation could be deepened if more territories were to join.[19]

In July a "Manifesto of National Front of Liberation of Ukraine, Novorossiya and Carpathian Russia" was published in Russian media. The manifesto defines objective of the separatist movement to be "establishing on territory of Ukraine a just, social, national republic without oligarchs and corrupted bureaucracy" and their main enemies being "liberal-fascist ruling elites".[20

[url]Wikipedia.com[/url]
N/A

Cyrisnia
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:14 pm

No. I'm pretty sure all of Eastern Europe, minus Belarus, parts of Ukraine, and Russia (maybe), along with the rest of the world minus North Best Korea and maybe China would get really fucking pissed.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man
410,757,864,530 DEAD REBS

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:14 pm

Tell me something can this happen in the near future Vladimir Putin trying to break apart the Ukraine's political and economic development.
N/A

Text People
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Text People » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:14 pm

I thought that Putin wanted something more like old imperialist Russia, and it's old borders.

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Cyrisnia wrote:No. I'm pretty sure all of Eastern Europe, minus Belarus, parts of Ukraine, and Russia (maybe), along with the rest of the world minus North Best Korea and maybe China would get really fucking pissed.
I know but the Crimea belongs to the Ukraine it always had!
N/A

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 pm

Russia invading Crimea =/= RETURNCOLDWARSOVIETPUTINZOMG
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:16 pm

:rofl: oh wait you're serious?

Nope, given the particular politics of the republics if the Russian federation was to try and regain it's territory it be hard pressed to do so with major conflict ether by locals or other nations. Plus not going to lie I'm not seeing communism (or rather Marxist-Leninism) coming into power in Russia they've been pretty content with the politics of the current ruling party.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

The balkens
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The balkens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Cyrisnia wrote:No. I'm pretty sure all of Eastern Europe, minus Belarus, parts of Ukraine, and Russia (maybe), along with the rest of the world minus North Best Korea and maybe China would get really fucking pissed.

COLD WAR II, the re-coldwaring.

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:16 pm

Text People wrote:I thought that Putin wanted something more like old imperialist Russia, and it's old borders.

But he's impeding on the international territorial laws that was set up by the Geneva Convention and also the UN
N/A

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:17 pm

The Great Zedong Dynasty wrote:
Text People wrote:I thought that Putin wanted something more like old imperialist Russia, and it's old borders.

But he's impeding on the international territorial laws that was set up by the Geneva Convention and also the UN

Yes but that doesn't mean recreation of the Soviet Union.

Squeeheart
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Squeeheart » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:18 pm

"Those who do not miss the Soviet Union have no heart. Those who want it back have no brain."

-Vladimir Putin

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:18 pm

Insaeldor wrote::rofl: oh wait you're serious?

Nope, given the particular politics of the republics if the Russian federation was to try and regain it's territory it be hard pressed to do so with major conflict ether by locals or other nations. Plus not going to lie I'm not seeing communism (or rather Marxist-Leninism) coming into power in Russia they've been pretty content with the politics of the current ruling party.

What I know with the legal what he's doing and also unethical behavior that is really atrocious in the political spectrum
N/A

Cyrisnia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm

I know but the Crimea belongs to the Ukraine it always had!

Crimea =/= USSR.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
The Great Zedong Dynasty wrote: But he's impeding on the international territorial laws that was set up by the Geneva Convention and also the UN

Yes but that doesn't mean recreation of the Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union seized countries by invading and annexing them without any authorization.
N/A

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 pm

What I know with the legal what he's doing and also unethical behavior that is really atrocious in the political spectrum

Yes we know this, that isn't up for debate. What were disputing is his willingness to reestablished the Soviet Union. Russian aggression must be curtailed but to say "err guys he wants new Soviet Union" is a fairly uneducated assumption and done so without much knowledge of Russian politics.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Insaeldor wrote:Yes but that doesn't mean recreation of the Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union seized countries by invading and annexing them without any authorization.

I'll redirect you to this

Cyrisnia wrote:
The Great Zedong Dynasty wrote: I know but the Crimea belongs to the Ukraine it always had!

Crimea =/= USSR.

Cyrisnia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyrisnia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:23 pm

What counts as "Atrocious" in the Political Spectrum? Politicians do stupid shit 24/7.
Whether it be threats, various stupid actions, or sending dick pics to people, politicians are humans too.
Humans can be dumbfucks.
R E D L E G S

【BORN TO ABOLISH】
SOUTH IS A F**K
鬼神 Kill Em All 1859
I am free man

Text People
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Text People » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm not sure the U.N. can give authorization for annexing or invading. They can only vote that a nation has just cause to take military action.

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Text People wrote:
The Great Zedong Dynasty wrote: The Soviet Union seized countries by invading and annexing them without any authorization.

I'm not sure the U.N. can give authorization for annexing or invading. They can only vote that a nation has just cause to take military action.

Well we're talking about the aggressive policies of the Russian Federation and also the fact that Putin has tried to be a President who acts more like a czar. If I want to invade Iraq and Afghanistan then make them my two provinces and territories I can with help from the U.N.?
N/A

Aquillus
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquillus » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:28 pm

Yet the USSR was not the only nation to do so.
Political Compass Rating November 2013:
Economic Left/Right: -8.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.28

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:30 pm

Text People wrote:I'm not sure the U.N. can give authorization for annexing or invading. They can only vote that a nation has just cause to take military action.

Well we're talking about the aggressive policies of the Russian Federation and also the fact that Putin has tried to be a President who acts more like a czar. If I want to invade Iraq and Afghanistan then make them my two provinces and territories I can with help from the U.N.?

No, mainly because the UN will not allow the sovereignty of two whole member states be completely abolished and disregarded nor would the people of said countries or neighboring nations.

To say the UN would help aid imperialism is idiotic at best.

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:31 pm

Insaeldor wrote:
The Great Zedong Dynasty wrote:Well we're talking about the aggressive policies of the Russian Federation and also the fact that Putin has tried to be a President who acts more like a czar. If I want to invade Iraq and Afghanistan then make them my two provinces and territories I can with help from the U.N.?

No, mainly because the UN will not allow the sovereignty of two whole member states be completely abolished and disregarded nor would the people of said countries or neighboring nations.

To say the UN would help aid imperialism is idiotic at best.

You can say that again
N/A

Adiedren
Secretary

Founded: Oct 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Adiedren » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:32 pm

It can't come back. Putin doesn't want it. He wants it more imerialist style . And there is no way they will regain teritory other then novorussya and crimea, i don't think nato would allow that

Text People
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Text People » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Text People wrote:I'm not sure the U.N. can give authorization for annexing or invading. They can only vote that a nation has just cause to take military action.

I don't think the U.N. is supposed to be in the conquering business. That's the point. If they can't head off a war by diplomatic means and they believe a war is justified, for whatever reason, they give approval. It's not the same as conquest. I'm not sure they can completely take away the sovereignty of another nation no matter the claim made by..another nation.

The Great Zedong Dynasty
Diplomat

New York Times Democracy

Postby The Great Zedong Dynasty » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Adiedren wrote:It can't come back. Putin doesn't want it. He wants it more imerialist style . And there is no way they will regain teritory other then novorussya and crimea, i don't think nato would allow that

So NATO can step in and say "Get outta here!"
N/A

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General