NATION

PASSWORD

[Post Apocalyptic RP]Fallout: New Strasbourg[IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Ripuaria
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

[Post Apocalyptic RP]Fallout: New Strasbourg[IC]

Postby Ripuaria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:29 am

Current Time: 1st day, 6:45AM
OOC Thread: Link

"War, war never changes..."

The World Map:
Link to the map
Grid: Each Square is 500m by 500m
Purple Marker: Party Location
Blue Markers: Discovered Locations
Heightmap: Darker colour, Higher ground. Each line represents 100m height
Red Line: Roads
Blue Zones: Water
Green Zones: Forests
Grey Zones: Built Zone

Numbers I'll be using for this RP
Difficulty - Forest or Climbing
  • Walk speeds:
    • Road - 6 km/h
    • Ground - 5 km/h
    • 1 difficulty - 4 km/h
    • 2 difficulties - 3 km/h
  • Food consumption per person: 0.2 kg per day
  • Water consumption per person:
    • While walking: 4 Litres per day
    • While resting: 2 Litres per day
  • Carry Weight Per Character: 20 Kg

Current Game Information:
Characters:Tasks:
  • Gather a month worth of supplies and return to the vault
  • Find former Vault 34 Dwellers
Inventory:
  • Max Weight: 160 kg
  • Total weight: 115.6 kg
  • 64(1 kg) - Water Litres(Good Quality)
  • 9.6(1 kg) - Food kgs(Good Quality)
  • 2(2 kg) - First Aid Kits(Full)
  • 3(0.5 kg) - Flashlights(Full Batteries)
  • 5(0 kg) - Flashlight Batteries
  • 8(1 kg) - Sleeping Bags(Good Quality)
  • 1(0 kg) - Map
  • 1(0 kg) - Compass
  • 10(0 kg) - Match Boxes
  • 2(1 kg) - Knives(Good Quality)
  • 1(8 kg) - Cook set(Good Quality)
  • 10(0 kg) - Water purification tablets
  • 1(2 kg) - .44 Magnum Revolver(Good Quality)
  • 1(3.5 kg) - 5.56mm Hunting Rifle(Good Quality)
  • 1(2.5 kg) - 9mm Sub-Machine Gun(Good Quality)
  • 46(0 kg) - .44 Magnum Cartridges
  • 41(0 kg) - 5.56mm Cartridges
  • 55(0 kg) - 9mm Cartridges
  • 1(0 kg) - Duct Tape(Full)
  • 12(0 kg) - Nails
  • 1(0.5 kg) - Hammer(Good Quality)
  • 1(2 kg) - Saw(Good Quality)
  • 3(1 kg) - Metal Plates
  • 5(1 kg) - Metal Scraps
  • 2(0 kg) - Wire Springs
  • 10(0 kg) - Old World Franks
Relations:
  • Vault 34 inhabitants: +100
Misc:
  • Distance Walked: 4 km
Last edited by Ripuaria on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 am, edited 9 times in total.
Only high quality posts are provided here!*
*For complains TG me so I could ignore you :3

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:51 am

Outside Vault 34
6:00 Dawn
1st Day

Supplies were running low for a while now in Vault 34. The vault didn't usually allow people to leave and many tried to run away, Few even succeeded. A few days ago the main engineer managed to slip through the gates and escape the vault. Without him any small technical issue becomes a massive problem. After years of being sealed, for the first time the gate opens and this time it's not for someone to escape and never to return, this time it's different. An organized party to explore the wastelands. Find traitors who escaped and most importantly, find basic supplies. Supplied with bare minimum, the party ventures out of the Vault with it's mission to find enough supplies to sustain the vault for at least a month. As the party slowly walked outside blinded by the sun covered by clouds. They see nothing but a desert of ruins. They might have expected to see actual sunlight and not infinite clouds. It's time for the party leader to decide where to go. Where should the party begin it's search? That is the role of Christopher Brown. The party is still getting used to the outside and may be examining all around them trying to figure out what is this thing called "Outside".
Last edited by Ripuaria on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Waterwheel
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Waterwheel » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:29 am

Walking outside into the blinding light, Dr. Christopher Brown's mouth dropped to the floor. He stood for a few seconds with his mouth agape until he shook himself out of it and pulled out the prewar map. He's mind still on the calm, stunning, beauty of the ruins, it was hard for him to concetrate on anything. "Alright then, according to this map we are around here so, i'm thinking our first order of business should be to travel down the road towards the first signs of civilization. Hopefully there is something to scavange there." He paused to look up from his map at his fellow vault dwellers. "Well let's get this over with." He started down the road to a new adventure...
Finish what you start, or you will be the one finished

Myraxia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Myraxia » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:14 am

As the great door slowly opened, the chamber was flooded with the brightest light Erik had even encountered. He was forced to close his eyes against its intensity as it filled more and more of the room, illuminating every corner of the dimly lit vault entrance.
He slowly opened his eyes, squinting as they adjusted to the light. The view that slowly resolved in front of him was... well, incredible.

Although... the more of it he saw, the more he realised it wasn't exactly what he'd been expecting. He'd been expecting something like the old photographs - green fields, verdant trees, clear blue sky... that wasn't the view he was presented with.
What he was seeing now was... well, slightly depressing. Ruins, grey sky, covered with evil looking clouds that scudded along the sky high above, higher even than the furthest ceiling of Vault 34. He instinctively made a gesture his father had taught him before he left for the surface - a gesture to ward off evil.

Erik's attention was pulled back down to the ground by the voice of Christopher Brown, their ragtag group's supposed leader. He seemed alright enough, if a little overenthusiastic. That same leader was already setting off down the road without the rest of them. Erik considered staying a little longer to wait for the others, before remembering Brown carried the only map. He set off down the road after him, shouldering his pack so it sat better over his battered old field jacket.
Veteran of the Sovereign Charter. A founding member of The Fourth Sovereign Charter.

Current Alert Level: Status 1

Status 5: Standing Defense Forces
Status 4: Partial Mobilization
Status 3: Active Conflict, foreign soil
Status 2: Possible homeland threat
Status 1: Confirmed homeland threat, large scale mobilization.
Status 0: Full mobilization

Myraxia is a hyper-industrialized Military Junta on the Eastern Coast of Rusina, located in the Sovereign Charter, though it maintains security zones and military facilities all over the world. It is a founding member of the Extended Security Zone pact.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 am

Jones was the third to leave what had been called "an eternal safehaven". Which was Vault 34, in this case. While he was aware that they had been in a vault due to the wastelands outside, he had never imagined that it would look so... Colourless. All the pictures he had seen while in the vault could not prepare him for the complete lack of any colour besides grey and black. It had been over 100 years since The Great War, but still the landscape looked like this? Where was the radiation clean-up unit? Oh, wait. They must have been dead since The Great War.

Jokes aside, the surprised Jones, despite his want to just stare on and on at the barren lands before him, moved to the side in order to let the other people behind him also see the astonishment. He would have loved to wander around this area for days, but the issue was that there might be radiation around here somewhere. And plus, if he would just stay here, he'd just starve to death.

He turned to the other two already outside, about to open his mouth and speak, but he then shut it again. He didn't speak, becuase the assigned party leader had already started walking, not seeming to wait for those who still hadn't come out of the vault. Erik set after Christopher, but Jones decided to wait for the five also in the party.
Last edited by Hotgrat on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hotgrat is now humanverse. The ponyfied version would be Seierus.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Sinovet wrote:FLUFF NUKE!!!!
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

The Nexus of Man wrote:Grats.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

Saint Brigade
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brigade » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:12 am

As the vault doors slowly opened, the sunlight filled the room Garth was in. It was entirely different to the light bulbs in the vault this was a lot brighter he had to close his eyes for a bit and wander outside. Garth slowly opened his eyes up and was shocked on how the outside world looked.

Ruins and dirt as far the eye can see, Garth was a little disappointed he remembered reading an old that was before the war that describe lush green valleys, giant blue skies, and skyscrapers that pierce the heavens above. It was none of that pretty much the complete opposite from the book, he decided to put it aside for now what was important was to find supplies.

Garth looked around and saw his three party member’s who seemed to adjusting with the outside world. He wanted to introduce himself, but before he could the leader spoke, Garth turned his attention to Christopher Brown. He showed him a map and walked down the road without the rest of the party, Garth noticed that Erik decided to follow him and Jones waited near the vault. Garth decided to wait with Jones for the rest of the party.

Qubec
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Qubec » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:33 pm

As the old vault door creaked opened the bright sunlight filled the room. The light was so bright it was blinding. At first everything was blurry, Tyler couldn't see a thing. Soon the light subsided and there it was. The outside world. It was just like he had imagined. All of these years he expected to see large skyscrapers and abandonded cars and other things in ruins. Tyler saw the other members of his party emerge from the vault. He quietly walked along with them down the road.

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:40 am

(Not gonna wait for the others to post. I hope they're following the thread)
The party started it journey towards what seemed on the old map, a built area. Possibly expecting it to be taken back by nature and full of loot to scavenge. They decided to walk on the road a short 4km until they reach the entrance to the city. 40 minutes are passing by as the party walks on the cracked road. Certainty not a road that cars can drive on. a few hundred metres to their left was a river. Most of the way it was completely dry and at most it had ponds of what seems like water mixed with dirt, or was it dirt mixed with water? Whatever it was, nothing that they could really drink anyway.

City Entrance
6:45 Dawn
1st Day

Upon arrival, Brown was in the lead and the first to enter the city, it seemed like the dirt ate a few buildings and the others are half ruined. Only few still had roofs. Before passing the first building a sound of a shotgun pump was heard. Soon a barrel came out of a window and aimed at Brown. An old voice with a strong accent came from the same window: "Identify yerselves!"

Myraxia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Myraxia » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:27 am

Erik jumped at the voice, quickly raising his hands above his head.
"W-whoa, there. My name is Foster. E-Erik Foster. The man you're aiming at is Chris Brown. We're... not from around here. "
He wasn't sure why, but he felt like mentioning the Vault might not be the best idea at this point. They didn't want to attract unwanted attention to the people back there. Hopefully the others understood that as well.
Veteran of the Sovereign Charter. A founding member of The Fourth Sovereign Charter.

Current Alert Level: Status 1

Status 5: Standing Defense Forces
Status 4: Partial Mobilization
Status 3: Active Conflict, foreign soil
Status 2: Possible homeland threat
Status 1: Confirmed homeland threat, large scale mobilization.
Status 0: Full mobilization

Myraxia is a hyper-industrialized Military Junta on the Eastern Coast of Rusina, located in the Sovereign Charter, though it maintains security zones and military facilities all over the world. It is a founding member of the Extended Security Zone pact.

Waterwheel
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Waterwheel » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm

"Stand down. We mean you no harm. I'm a doctor." Brown raised his hands slowly and calmly to show he was not one who's going to fight at the moment. He hoped the person was friendly since Brown wasn't full of holes yet. "My name is Christopher Brown, and my group and I are currently searching for supplies." He started inching closer to the building in hopes of establishing a clearer show that he was unarmed, despite the fact his .44 was hidden under his lab coat out of reach at the moment. "What is your name and what is this place know as?" He tried to remain calm and collected despite him sweating bullets. At least I'm not sweating blood at the moment, Christopher thought to himself.
Last edited by Waterwheel on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Brigade
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brigade » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:25 pm

(OOC: Well I gave the other people a chance to post, so I'm try catch up with Erik, Tyler and Chris)

Outside Vault 34:
6:10

Garth continued to wait near the vault door next to Jones he wanted to go together with a full party, but after waiting ten minutes his curiosity got the best of him. Garth had waited his whole life inside the vault and now he was outside with the world at his fingertips, he looked a Jones and said he was going try to catch up with the party.

On the dirt road:
6:35

Garth noticed that the party left footprints behind, and did a full sprint trying to catch up and in a about twenty five minutes he finally caught up. He apologized to Erik, Tyler and Christopher for lingering about and it wont happen again they continued to walk forward.

City Entrance:
Upon entering the city Garth was depressed still as he noticed there was no skyscrapers like the old book described just broken down buildings. As he was distracted for a moment he heard a voice and looked towards the direction of the voice and noticed a barrel of a shotgun pointing at the party. He told us to identify ourselves.

"We mean you no harm!! Were not from around here as you can see, but if you can show yourself we can talk this out in a peaceful manner." Garth shouted at the voice

Garth thought to himself, there could of been more people surrounding the party this very minute so the best thing to do is try to find a peaceful solution if they could not find one then running was the second best thing.
Last edited by Saint Brigade on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:18 am

City Entrance
6:47AM
1st day

After hearing what they had to say the old man laughed and replied while pulling his shotgun inside:

"Peaceful Manner? Ye know where ye're lads? The Wastelands that's where. There's no peace 'round he'a. From where ye come? A Vault, I guess."

Step sounds were heard from the old house as the man gave another laugh. Something like 3 locks were unlocked near the door and it opened. The man came out of the door. He was old, red skin coloured. Blad as well. He wore torn clothes and scars filled his distorted face. He continued to talk:

"Welcome to Nustra. Yer're not gettin' in. Go through the road 'round city or back from where you came. Supplies you won't find here. Most of it was scavenged by either us or the filthy raiders up north. I see ye' got some fancy equipment thee, we could trade ye' some of our supplies if ye'd like."

He gave a strange smile in the last sentence looking at what the party held on it's backs.

Saint Brigade
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brigade » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:44 am

City Entrance:
Garth looked the man who just walked out from what he could tell from just looking at him is that he could take care of himself. Not only that, but he knew that we were from the vault a smart bastard which makes him dangerous also. He said the place we were in at the moment was called “Nustra” it was a strange sounding name to Garth, and he talked about raiders in the north he made a mental note of that. The stranger asked if we might be able to trade our supplies for his own which gave Garth an idea.

"There is a reasons why we are here right now and that is to find our engineer who escaped a few days back without him the vault might not survive. Now you can see where I am going with this right? Information. If you have any information on this man we might trade some of supplies for it.

Garth crosses his arms and waits for his response

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:19 pm

(Sorry for short post. Going to sleep now *Yawn*)
City Entrance
6:48AM
1st day

The old man seemed intrigued in the words of Garth. He stepped closer and said:

"Why yes! I ha'e seen tha' one."

He half closed one eye and looked into Garth, Then stepped back and asked:

"Wha' ye' ha'e to offer? Vault Dweller?"
Last edited by Ripuaria on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waterwheel
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Waterwheel » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:38 pm

"That depends upon the information you have." Brown looked at the man in the eyes, staring him down the best he can, trying to ascertain whether information from him was worth it or not. (short post is short)

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:28 am

City Entrance
1st day

"I can tell ye' whe'e he went, how he looked, everything!" Said the man. The look on his face was questionable and he was offering quite much information, perhaps too much. Gives the feel that the party is wasting it's time with the crazy old man. He could know nothing and sure looks like it. But there could be truth in his words. Far behind, deep inside the city it seemed as a character walked across the street, quite calmly too. Who is that unknown character? Could it spotted the party?

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:16 am

A little from the City Entrance
1st day

It had taken a while for Jones to realize that the rest of the party had left without him, and at around 6:25, he hurried to run after them, drawing an arrow in the direction they had headed off to in order to guide those coming after him. Well, presuming they did come, anyway. If not, well, atleast the next search party knew where to go if they went missing.

He had been jogging for quite some time when he spotted what he presumed to be the other four in the party, standing at what seemed like the entrance to a city or something. He couldn't tell from here, his glasses wasn't really very clean right now. He should have cleaned them before he left...

He began to approach the four party members, trying to act normal. Well, as normal as you can act when approaching a group of people you think are your friends.
Yukonastan wrote:Oh, by the way, snake. Because SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!? means death.
Herargon wrote:Dammit! Kill a bit more people for their money, please! We need more money!
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

"Two possibilites exist: Ether, we are alone in the universe, or we are not. Both are equally terrifying."
- Arthur C. Clarke.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Dorian Jekyll sat on a rock. The squelching, blistering heat seared down upon him from the cloudless sky overhead causing his sweat to keep steaming into the air. His forehead was being drenched but was lucky that his pith hat was on because it was keeping most of the sun off of his face and head. His boots were muddy around the base and dull in terns of shine on top, his once pressed clothes now contained many a wrinkle after so long without being ironed. His white glove covered hands were in in different positions, his right hand was Before him on his left knee as his right elbow was bestowed upon his right knee and his left left hand - supported by his left elbow which rested on his left thigh - supported his chin as he took in the wonderful view before him.

Instinctively he reached for his journal and began to draw the seen before him. A sun high in the sky, a large savannah that dragged across the horizon that was broken only by the mountains to the back, the few petrified trees that remained and an old world road that pierced the centre. Cazadors congregated around wild bighorns and Brahmin that munched on the yellow grass. Vultures waited up in the petrified trees and a pack of predatory beasts that resembled pictures of coyotes and rattlesnakes penetrated the grass ready to strike at the herbivores.

He felt safe however with his bush gun at his side and with the drawing taken down and his daily notes written he stood up. All his supplies with the exception of his guns were either on or within his rucksack and with that known and his gun in hand or holster he stood up and began walking down the old world road to see what adventure it would bring for him that day.
Last edited by Cainesland on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saint Brigade
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brigade » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Ripuaria wrote:City Entrance
1st day

"I can tell ye' whe'e he went, how he looked, everything!" Said the man. The look on his face was questionable and he was offering quite much information, perhaps too much. Gives the feel that the party is wasting it's time with the crazy old man. He could know nothing and sure looks like it. But there could be truth in his words. Far behind, deep inside the city it seemed as a character walked across the street, quite calmly too. Who is that unknown character? Could it spotted the party?

Garth looked at the crazy old man wondering if he was telling the truth or not. The party not meet someone else in this wasteland for a while so it was either him or wondering in blind. He looked through his pockets to see if he find anything useful, and came upon empty handed, he began to look through the parties bag of supplies and found some old war money. Garth thought for a minute and had an idea that might work.

"You my fine sir look like a collector of a sort." He smiled and held out his hand with ten franks
"Will you ever see such a fine example of art in this wasteland? I think not!! I can see it in your eye the passion for the old world and what we can do to find relics of it. Perhaps this perks your interest my friend?" Garth says in a pleasing tone with a smile on his face.
Last edited by Saint Brigade on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ripuaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Ripuaria » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 am

City Entrance
6:49AM
1st day

The old man examined the bill and said: "Hmm? Old World Money? An' in good shape, I must say. I'd say it worth 50 bo'le caps." He thought for himself a minute, putting his hand on his chin and continued: "Yes, yea. It'll work. I'll tell ye whe'e he wen' for tha' sum."

About right after he finished his sentence a door on the other side of the street opened and a tall man, much better looking than the crazy one came out. He seemed well equipped for any type of combat with leather armour and a whole weapon arsenal. He walked and asked: "Nigel, what the fuck are you doing? And who are you, what is your business?" "Why I'm bartering wi' my friends he'e! They're Vault Dwellers." "Step aside. I'll deal with them" Nigel gave an angry look and slowly walked backwards into his house. He opened the door, went inside and locked it up again.

"Excuse Nigel. We set him up as our guard to watch for raiders. He's not the kind of person you want to talk to much. Vault Dwellers eh? You came looking for that engineer who passed here a few days ago? He went north, to Low Water Raider territory. He's either dead or tied up in some old cabin by now. I wouldn't recommend trying to go inside city, someone might mistake you for a raider and shoot on sight. If you want some supplies I can give you in exchange for that fancy 10 Franks bill you got there. 2 days worth of supplies for your entire party."

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:24 am

Dorian Jekyll strolled up the path. He saw the canine species running down a big horn to his left but continued on down the path of ash-fault and cement. As he made his way over the hill he was able to see more clearly the area ahead. A city is what he spotted and continued ahead. Experience had taught him much growing up out here and he was willing to take his chances in the shade of the city for a few days.

As he got closer he started to whistle an old tune that his dad had whistled before and said that it was a tune started by a colonel named bogey while on a march (colonel bogeys march). Up ahead Dorian spotted a group of people who looked more out of place then he did and wore blue vault jumpsuits with the number 34 seared across the jumpsuits back.

Dorian neared them, machete in belt, magnum in holster, bush rifle in hand, and pith hat on head. He began to speak. "Good afternoon folks and hello to you sir. My I don't believe we have had a formal introduction now have we? I'm Dorian Jekyll, explorer, cartographer and marksmen extraordinaire among other things. Now who might you be?" He had a smile that seemed out of place in this world, the kind of smile that denoted friendliness and happiness but concealed certain answers to questions like 'why are you so happy?' even if it was downplayed from the torrential heat that rained down from above. Of course he was just happy to see a new face.

Saint Brigade
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Brigade » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Garth looked at the huge man that had just come out of the door. He seemed more sane then the old man, but looks can be deceiving. He told the party about the engineer and how he went towards the raiders territory Garth made a mental note of what he said, and continued to listen what he had to say. He offered the party two days worth of supplies for the franks, Garth thought about for a minute and before he could say anything he was interrupted by stranger behind them. He introduced himself in the most civil way possible, it was a better introduction then the two men he was talking to before it bugged him a little bit. Why would he just introduce him self to a group of strangers, or why was he so happy in this wasteland? He decided to return the kindness.

"Hello there stranger names Sparky Garth, but you can call me Garth." He said trying to smile, but you could see through it easily
"I know we just met, but could you tell me if ten old franks that are in good condition worth two days worth of supplies? As you can see we are not around from these parts and we don't wont to get ripped off." Garth asked him showing him the franks.

Hotgrat
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Hotgrat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:43 pm

Jones had just about arrived and was assesing the situation when another wanderer walked up to the party. As Christoffer seemed to react a bit too slow, he decided to take over for a little. He just pretty much hoped that Christoffer would be ok with it.

He first turned to focus on the trading partner, worried that he would feel ignored if not responded to right now. Sadly, Jones was not a very good trader... Two days of supplies sounded good, and since it had been a long time since the Great War, he could figue that the currency had been scrapped a long time ago. After all, there was no one to print up the money.

Well, if it was bad choice or not was just to see, he supposed. With that, he took up the ten Franks, looked at the trader, and with a bit of a grin, said:
"Sounds like a good deal to me."

He then turned over to the traveler. On first sight, he seemed quite nice. But a thing Jones had told himself before leaving the Vault was to never trust the friendliest of Wastelanders from the first moment they met. Thus, he looked at the stranger with a curious face for a few seconds before turning to face him entirely.
"Can you please just put away that rifle before we talk?"
World of Tanks.
XCOM Enemy Unknown.

- Arthur C. Clarke.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:10 am

Saint Brigade wrote:Garth thought about for a minute and before he could say anything he was interrupted by stranger behind them. He introduced himself in the most civil way possible, it was a better introduction then the two men he was talking to before it bugged him a little bit. Why would he just introduce him self to a group of strangers, or why was he so happy in this wasteland? He decided to return the kindness.

"Hello there stranger names Sparky Garth, but you can call me Garth." He said trying to smile, but you could see through it easily
"I know we just met, but could you tell me if ten old franks that are in good condition worth two days worth of supplies? As you can see we are not around from these parts and we don't wont to get ripped off." Garth asked him showing him the franks.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance Garth. Well that your not around here is self apparent, no one wears numbered jumpsuits besides you vault folks around here anyhow, at least not from what I've observed in my travels across this land of ours." He leaned closer and took a look at the pre war franks. "No, no it's no trouble at all let me take a look. ... Yes, yes, these look to be in fine condition. Around this place unless you built it yourself something in good condition is a rarity. However with demand for that paper in your hand being as low as it is and as quick to deteriorate in condition as they are, I'd recommend trading for the two days of supplies. But still try for 3 days worth of supplies, or better yet try for 4. Now don't hold me too this but I hear there's a collector of such old world memorabilia that resides in town and I might be mistaken but I think I saw him last time I was in there, which may have been some time ago, I'm not sure, I don't have a calendar after all, but I think the guard may be willing to bargain with you for that there paper in your hand". Dorian smiled and was happy to help out, then he heard a peculiar question coming from another vault dweller. "Can you please just put away that rifle before we talk?" That puzzled Dorian, it wasn't everyday someone asked a question like that. "Well now I'm certain your not from around here. After all who ain't had a gun on them in the last few years. If I were you I'd be more worried about the guy that walks up with his hands in there pockets or there fingers off the trigger. Regardless I apologize if I made you uncomfortable. I'll put my safety on for ya and stand down I suppose... For the time being at least. Anyway now that my rifles out of your field of vision what is it you wished to discuss with me sir? And if I may inquire further, what might be your name?"

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse