NATION

PASSWORD

The Tides of Change MT (Closed)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Urran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 22, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

The Tides of Change MT (Closed)

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:38 pm

The year was 2000, exactly 14 years ago when a series of horrific terrorist attacks rocked the small island nation of Urran. The proud nation fell to its knees within a matter hours. Panicked, the people looked for a hero, they found it in the monarchist party, one of Urran's many political parties. In times of terror, people look for scapegoats and security. The monarchists blamed the foreigners and promised security by kicking them out of the country, gun control policies, and militarization of police. Scared, the people gladly gave up their freedoms, until, in 2005 five they realized that security was not worth the price of freedom. Some took to the streets in protest, others fled the country as the government, now with the authority to use force to suppress a peaceful protest, put down the "rebellion" and used emergency powers to take over all parts of the government and made their leader, a direct descendant of an ancient line of Urranese Emperors, leader of Urran, sending the current Prime minister into exile. Over three million managed to seek amnesty abroad before all travel into and out of Urran was closed off.

The year is now 2014 and over the past nine years, Urran's new emperor has halved the embassy staff and embassies in both blood Ravens and Hundermenschen, as well as slowly but surely reduce numbers of troops in their bases abroad before closing them down completely. Of course, the self imposed isolationism meant that resources soon became scarce, and Urran began to turn its eyes abroad. It's navy harassed fishing vessels and cargo ships in international waters, it sent war planes briefly into the airspace of other nations, and it became something of a bully. Drilling in the arctic was not enough to satisfy its growing war machine, a storm was brewing.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
❤BITTEN BY THE VAMPIRE QUEEN OF COOKIES❤

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:06 pm

Presidential Situation Room,
The Capitol building, Aurelia,
1200 hours

President Alexander walked into the large conference room, surrounded by his aides, and members of the Secret Service. Assembled before him were all of military advisors from the Secretary of Defense to the Generals of the Blood Ravens Armed Forces. He had called them all here to discuss the brewing storm in Urran. Just hours before Urranese warplanes had briefly penetrated Blood Ravens airspace before being chased off by F-22Js. The president took his seat at the head of the conference table, and the Secretary of Defense stood up. "As you know monarchists have taken complete control of the Urranese government. They have been becoming increasingly aggressive with their military, and have been probing our airspace with warplanes. With all of this we can assume they are planning to make a move against us, and possibly Hundermenschen very soon."

"Yes I've been watching this all very carefully. That's why I ordered the closure of the Urranese embassy last month, and the expulsion of Urranese diplomats. After they pulled troops from our country I pulled ours out. If they are on a warpath I couldn't leave our people there as hostages. Now what course of action do you reccomend to counter a possible invasion?"

"We need to raise our DEFCON level immediately. We need combat readiness raised across the board in our bases here, and in Hundermenschen. In addition project TITAN must be activated. We've managed to keep the existence of our orbital strike platforms a secret, but now we might need them. The satellites need to be pulled back to defend the mainland, and Hundermenschen."

"We need to inform Hundermenschen to be on alert. If they are preparing to make a move Hundermenschen is just as likely to be attacked." The President stood up. "I'm raising our alert level to DEFCON 2, and Project TITAN is officially activated. If they are planning on making a move we can't let them do too much damage." The president left the room, followed by his aides, and guards to inform the president of Hundermenschen.

To: President Kinsten Wiebe
Encryption: Extremely high (Sent via a two way like directly between the two leaders.)

During the last few months we have noticed increasingly aggressive behavior from Urran. They are most likely preparing for war. I have put my armed forces on high alert incase they do make a move against us. I highly advise you do the same to protect your people from Urranese aggression.
If at first you don't succeed try again with an equally horrible plan.
FT Nation: The Aurelian Imperium

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:33 pm

Hajime Island
1400 Hours

On a stretch of coast with similar conditions to those of Hundermenschen and certain parts of Aurelia, the Urranese military began to practice an amphibious invasion. It was no secret as it was televised for all of the world to see on the countries new state television. They were particularly showing off the vehicle that replaced the aging fleet of AAV7's, the EFV. It could keep up with ships in the water and tanks cross country. In fact the news showed it keeping pace with a K2 and K21 at maximum speed.

Various Towns and Cities in Hundermenschen and Aurelia.

Of a population of 126,000,000; Urran had lost 3,000,000 to those that fled the country. Some had signed up as translators for the governments of the other two aforementioned nations, most had settled in ghettos with each other and formed small Urranese communities. At any rate, they were all anxious and a mood of dread hung over them all.
A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by a majority.
Proud Coastie
The Blood Ravens wrote: How wonderful. Its like Japan, and 1950''s America had a baby. All the racism of the 50s, and everything else Japanese.

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:00 pm

(Aurelia is an underground city. I guess you meant the Aurelian mountains in the heartlands of my country.)

All over the Blood Ravens F-22J King Raptors were seen flying over at an increasingly common rate. Normally the jets were only seen flying near airbases, but now formations of aircraft were seen all over usually accompanied by A-124 Wipeout attack aircraft. The Airforce wasn't the only one showing a drastic increase in activity. The Blood Ravens National Guard had called in all of its personel to their bases. M1A2 Abrams equipped with TUSK reactive tiles along with LAV-25 were taken out of storage, and readied.

Along the coast men manned air defense stations, and anti-ship missile launchers. The Blood Ravens military knew the Urranese well, and were not about to be caught with their pants down.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:13 pm

The Urranese media did a report on the Blood Ravens readiness, however, they spun the story to make it seem as if it was an unwarranted act of aggression from that side of the ocean. Not that the people of Urran would believe it themselves. Despite the Emperor making grand speeches as to the treachery of "foreign devils" and how if war ever came Urran would rain chemical and nuclear fire down upon their cities and that no one need panic, the people began to plan among themselves to use subway tunnels as bomb shelters and began storing what little food they now had, not that they ate much anyway.

URS Kenryu

Deep beneath the ocean waves, an Urranese Manda Class attack submarine moved silently in the dark waters of the twilight zone. The Blood Ravens Virginia Class attack submarine was basically the same boat, but with enhanced speed. The ship was on a mine sweeping operation near the shores of Hundermenschen, attempting to find any weaknesses that could be used to Urranese advantage in an invasion.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:31 pm

Along the shores of The Blood Ravens, and Hundermenschen Blood Raven Virginia class attack submarines patrolled for Urranese subs. Equipped with enhanced sonar masts, and quieter propulsion they were prepared to find, and track Urranese submarines probing their waters.

In orbit TITAN Kinetic bombardment satellites hung in geosynchronous orbit over the Blood Ravens, and some parts of Hundermenschen. A truly terrifying secret weapon waiting to be unleashed if push comes to shove. The Blood Ravens government had went to extreme lengths to ensure the weapon was never leaked to the public. Luckily it was never leaked as satellites hanging in orbit ready to fire tungsten rods capable of extreme destruction would be hard to justify.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:43 pm

URS Kenryu

Passive and active sonar were in place as the vessel attempted to find any Blood Ravens submarines and mines in the area. They prided themselves in their ASW capabilities and their fleet of both attack and patrol submarines. These subs made less noise 25 knots than others did at 5, making them especially hard to detect. Unfortunately, both sides were using essentially the same class so finding each other would be especially difficult.

"Any sign of them?" the captain asked
No Sir."
"Well, keep searching, this place is mined, I can feel it."
"Sir?"
Yes Ensign?"
"Are we really going to do this? Fight them I mean, we may be evenly matched in terms of capability but they can outproduce us."
"Well, I would say that we have tactics on our side, but we may be evenly matched in that. If we do fight, I will not die for a man, I will die for my country, but not a man."
"Are you denouncing the emperor sir?"
"I never said that Takai, now keep searching."
"Hai Sensei...."
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:17 pm

With the escalation of the Blood Ravens military readiness, and seeming inevitability of war president Alexander Smith gave a speech about the situation televised around the world even to pirate radio stations in Urran. "Today out armed forces have been preparing themselves for a possible invasion by Urran. We are not preparing for war with the Urranese people. We are preparing for war against a tyrannical regime more interested in resources than their own people. 14 years ago terrorists struck our ally Urran, and killed many innocent people. We sent aid, and did everything in our power to help them. The people in control of the Urran government preyed on their fear, and used it to strip away their freedom for more power. Many fled their tyranny, and we welcomed them with open arms. If they decide to go to war with us today I promise you we will not stop, we will not give up until the Urranese are free of these tyrants. It is our duty to stop tyrants like them from expanding their influence, and ultimately it is our duty to stop them from brutalizing their own people for the sake of wealth, and power."

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Imperial Palace

While the Urranese people quietly cheered a tea cup shuttered against the floor of the palace. "How dare they!" the emperor growled as his aids cowered not far off. "I give my people the best, I give them security, I free them from the clutches of foreign devils and this is what they say about me!" he seethed for a few seconds before chuckling darkly. "Well." he chuckled again. "To quote the old poets, even fragrant flowers are scattered and once full the moon begins to wane. In our cities are slender gray buildings that parallel the sword of the long history. Our empire shall last a thousand years. In this war, only one shall win. Prepare the troops. To deter any deserters, issue an order that any are to be shot." he huffed, staring out at the ancient gardens that surrounded the main palace complex, leaning against the door frame.

Aurelia

Now, just a normal Urranese and technically a Blood Ravens citizen, the former Prime Minister of Urran put in a request to see the current President of the country via email. She now lived in a small apartment on the outskirts of the city with the rest of her people. It was not that the people of their host country were racist, not at all, they just drew a sense of peace from living grouped together. They did not want to be skattered
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Aurelia

An hour after she sent the email there was a knock at the former prime ministers door. Outside 4 men in suits, and sunglasses waited. One of them showed a badge through the peephole in the door identifying them as members of the Blood Ravens secret service. "The president will see you now."

Hundermenschen
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:19 pm

It had been now 13 years since this nation would have been freed from the torment of communist agressors that kept them from comuting with others centuries ago but this was something else. SOmething that could possibly show that this nation actually gave a bit of love for the world instead of hate from their past.

To: Alexander

I have noticed changes in their behavior lately which seems to be aggresive, even in our homeland. I've already put what military force we have on watch in case of attack. We won't be able to fight alone since our force was mostly for the fighting before we were freed but we have a sizable force. I appreciate your concern.
Last edited by Hundermenschen on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When in darkness. The only way is forward.

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:46 pm

Hundermenschen wrote:It had been now 13 years since this nation would have been freed from the torment of communist agressors that kept them from comuting with others centuries ago but this was something else. SOmething that could possibly show that this nation actually gave a bit of love for the world instead of hate from their past.

To: Alexander

I have noticed changes in their behavior lately which seems to be aggresive, even in our homeland. I've already put what military force we have on watch in case of attack. We won't be able to fight alone since our force was mostly for the fighting before we were freed but we have a sizable force. I appreciate your concern.

To: Kinsten Wiebe

I've already put my forces present in your country on alert. If they try to land we will help you stop them in their tracks.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:54 pm

Apartment of Motoko Tasagawa

The door opened revealing a short woman dressed in a black business suit, red tie, and patent leather shoes. Her yellow eyes twinkled in the sunlight and prim cut, her red hair shone brightly as well. She bowed briefly to the secret service agents and walked past them. She had an air of authority about her and made sure that they knew it. "I'm all ready to go." she let a smile flicker across her face before becoming very solemn and hard to read.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:02 pm

The men lead the Prime Minister out of the apartment building, and into the streets. Aurelia itself was a one of a kind city, built inside of a massive cavern. The city was surrounded by a large crystal clear lake illuminated by glowing crystals that also provided light from the ceiling. Outside was a limousine where another secret service agent was waiting, holding the door open for her.

Hundermenschen
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Hundermenschen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Of course Kinsten would have been led away from his building now from teh DEFCON level as it was being a threat to his security. Kinsten walked down the steps of the capitol building which he would have just finished a speech. As he approached the bottom steps another hunder would have opened the door to a dark black vehicle which was surrounded by the same ones but with armed guards inside. He would have taken a seat now as the door was shut behind him now as the convoy would begin to move.
When in darkness. The only way is forward.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:56 pm

URS Kenryu

The deadly attack submarine plowed through the water, now joined by Hakaryu, Manda, Soryu, and Orochi to probe the depths of the coastline for mines and enemy submarines. They made the most of their stealth features to creep about, hopefully undetected.

Limo

"Arigato Gozaimas." she said calmly, an Urranese thank you, and took a seat in the limo, closing it herself. "And to whom do I have the pleasure of being driven by?" she asked the driver.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:14 pm

BRS Typhon

The Typhon quietly followed the Urranese submarines, equipped with the most advanced sonar masts, and the quietest propulsion systems the Blood Ravens had to offer. The crew had maps of the minefield, and the ocean floor of the area, but attempting to engage 5 subs at once was suicide. Instead they continued stalking the subs, ready to use the sea mines to disable or destroy them if needed.

Aurelia

"The driver can't hear you. There's two inches of ballistic glass separating him from us." One of the secret service agents said as the limo passed through a checkpoint into the Capitol buildings perimeter manned by Blood Ravens marines in full combat gear.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:23 pm

ooc: how the heck can you find 5 Virginia class submarines at once? We can't even find them in war games.

Coastal Submarines

A grid was set up to sweep for sea mines and enemy submarines. These new submarines had advanced fire control systems and sensor suites as well as active and passive sonar that matched the Blood Ravens subs almost exactly. They were designed to not only penetrate enemy lines undetected to attack enemy sea, air, and land targets, but they were also meant to be the perfect spy ships and, in the event of nuclear war, perhaps the last alive on earth to carry on the Urranese way of life.

Communication between them was short, coded, and often not spoken, but merely data points on a map. When it was spoken, if was in Japanese and again coded so translators and teams of decoders had to be hard at work, if the communications were ever intercepted, which produced another set of problem entirely.

Limo

"Oh, that is too bad, I try to make it a point to know who they are. Being humble and connecting with those you rule is one of the greatest strengths a leader should have. you serve them, not the other way around. How backwards my country ha become." and with that, she became silent again.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:36 pm

(I thought they were traveling together. My bad.)

BRS

"Report one contact. Possible Urranese submarine unknown class." The sonar operator said, checking his instruments. "Any friendly submarines in our quadrant?"

"Negative. No other subs should be near us. Can you confirm contact is a submarine?"

"Not yet. If we follow it a bit longer I should be able to confirm."

"Once we confirm that its a submarine we are leaving. Can't let them catch on that we are aware of their presence.

"Aye sir."

The Typhon continued to follow the URS Kenryu.

Aurelia

"Your country is also preparing for war." The limo stopped, and the door opened. A secret service agent was waiting outside to escort the prime minister to the presidents office. "I'll escort you to the president's office. He's extremely busy so this visit will have to be short."

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:49 pm

OOC: just so ya know, italics is for Japanese

URS Kenryu

The two subs were, by this time, too close to not be able to notice each other. Only a few nautical miles seperated them and they were matched in both stealth and sensor capabilities.

"Captain! Possible Enemy Submarine contact! Distance 280! Awaiting orders Sir!"

The captain paused, he had been expecting this, just not so soon. He made a lengthy pause before deciding to answer.

Contact Orochi and Soryu. This sub is following us and we know its position. They will not draw first blood, no, we have that advantage. Have them circle back and have the other two stay on course. When the time comes, Orochi and Soryu will flank it and we will deploy sea mines and trap it like a crab in a net." another pause. "But for now, we cannot let them know that we are aware of their presence. Maintain current course and speed."

"Hai!"

Limo

"I have information vital to national security and the safety of both nations, I think he will want to hear me." she said flatly, exiting the limo.
Last edited by Urran on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:31 am

(The Virginia Class Attack Submarines do not have seamines.)

BRS Typhon

"Confirmed Urranese Attack submarine. Unknown class."

"Halve our speed, and dive to maximum depth. We are going to use the trench to hide our escape."

Suddenly the submarine halved its speed, and dived causing it to disappear from sonar. Once inside the trench it remained at half speed, and followed the trench back towards the Blood Ravens territorial waters.

Aurelia

The secret service agent lead her through the winding corridors of the Capitol building eventually arriving at the presidents office. He opened the door, and president Alexander Smith, a lucario, was sitting behind the desk talking on a phone. Once he noticed that she entered the room he hung up the phone. "Welcome Miss Motoko Tasagawa. Please take a seat." He gestured towards a cusioned chair across from his desk.

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:43 am

URS Kenryu

"Lost target! They dived Captain!"

The captain growled softly, though in his heart was slightly relieved. "Get us out of here. We could be in serious trouble if we stay in this area too long. Contact the others, we are leaving. Set course for home."

"But Sir, we've received no orders to retreat. Would we not be---" he was cut off.

"I said, get us out of here."

"Hai."

Aurelia

The former PM bowed. "Konichiwa President san. You may just call me "Tasagawa" or "Tasagawa san" if you like." She took her seat and folded her hands neatly in her lap.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:47 am

Aurelia

"Now why did you wish to speak with me? I'm sure you are following the current events extremely closely."

Urran
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Urran » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Aurelia

"Yes I have, and I have a bit of information that you might find helpful. I know where they will land. I can show you on the map and tell you the exact strategy that they will use. But, I am here to ask you to strike first and to know if I may use your facilities to address my people." she was quite...blunt but lady like. This was too important an issue to doddle over.
Proud Coastie

I <3 James May

The blood ravens
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The blood ravens » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:28 pm

"If you can tell me where they'll land I will be able to launch a first strike. If you could provide that information to me I will let you use my press room to address your people."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents