NATION

PASSWORD

The Rising: Exaltation RP/IC/OPEN

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

The Rising: Exaltation RP/IC/OPEN

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:05 pm

The Rising: Exaltation
OOC:Click Here

Chapter One: First Case
March 20th 2022
London, the UK

Morning 10AM

Fringe Division Western European Headquarters, City of London

"All new principal staff report to the main conference room on floor 6 in 15 minutes."

The robotic (although masculine in tone) voice emitted from unseen loudspeakers, warning those attending the briefing beforehand so as to ensure that they had plenty of time to be ready and present. The designated conference room was as the largest in the building able to seat approximately fifty people. Quite fitting and rightfully utilized, considering there were fifty new Fringe Division staff all of whom highly qualified and carefully selected by Fringe Division's stringent recruitment and hiring process. With the organization known as the Circle having infiltrated every government, company and organisation, the Fringe Division could not take chances with its prospects and had left no detail unanswered, for if they did severe consequences would follow in the same wake as its predecessor - the I.I.B. The Fringe Division knew it wasn't an exception to the rule where the Circle's influence and choice targets were concern; after all this new authority would was being tasked what other governmental bodies had failed or succumb to. Needless to say, the Fringe Division was about to be the newest prime target of the Circle's focus.

People were slowly being drawn into the conference room, as seen by many on the lobby heading into the elevator at the first announcement. Those who just came would be directed to the sixth floor and whoever wasn't would be informed by the building's AI through the loudspeakers a minute before the conference's start.

Among those who just arrived would be Alexandra Bø, a hyper intelligent scientist, who successfully applied to be the Chief Scientist. The brown haired woman quietly made her way to the reception desk and inquired on the location of the conference, nodding as she was directed and told about the current status of the briefing and quickly proceeded into the elevator.

Over Shanghai, China
5 AM

The Circle

Agent Delta never liked planes, if she could actually dislike or like something. It wasn't because she was scared, no. That would be utterly absurd: Agents feel no fear. It was the relative calmness of just sitting down. Why would anyone dislike that, one might ask. For an Agent, who did not sleep, it meant a lot of time simply sitting down in an upright position, sometimes discussing plans regarding the Circle. But what Delta was far from keen were the thoughts that came to her mind during this time of calmness. Thoughts are supposed to come to ones head, even in Agents. But the 'normal' thoughts, over a prolonged period, provoked certain questions that could, if manifested into words, get Delta terminated. Or rather rewired as it is more correct to say. Though technically, you were still getting terminated, as you live for only as long as your original thought lives, even if your body remains constant.

Delta knew well what happened to these freethinkers who got themselves exposed to the Circle. She remembered the strange look in Agent Epsilon's eyes as she looked on at him being dragged away for a rewiring. It was emotion. Emotion Delta had never felt in such a way before the incident. Emotions impeded logic and Delta knew that, however they also empowered you, as with the case of Agent Phi's murderous delight which makes her effectively the most valuable asset when it comes down on the battlefield. It's a perfect tandem of emotion and sensibility. A tandem Delta wasn't quite allowed to have. Phi was a newer model of Agents and thus could withstand the effects of emotion and yet still remain loyal. Delta was loosing her loyalty.

The plane landed and Delta snapped back, the pool of thoughts disappearing in a fraction of seconds.

The objective before the group, which consisted of Delta, Gamma, Phi, Omega, Cavor and Blauschwert, was clear: secure Circle influence in Shanghai through multiple means. First they would meet their economic cooperators to discuss their alliance. Felix Dahlin was also due to meet them on the ground in order to enact a cooperating plan between his company and the Chinese Circle partners, as well as invest in them, among other things. All needed to be controlled by the Agents.

Azerbaijan, 20-clicks West of Kijaba.
Russian Forward Operating Base Sadko, Briefing Tent
1:02 AM

S.O.C Team

The six men and woman of the SOCPU sat inside a small drab, olive tent which rested dead center in the Russian forward operating base. the group had been onsite for the past four days, awaiting for confirmation on the retrieval of a high value asset, but things had been far from quiet during their stay. Russian security forces had been locked in bitter combat with pro circle rebels and IRIA forces ever since the Circle gained considerable influence over the Iranian government and it seemed that the conflict between the two sides had only intensified since the team's arrival. But tonight was surprisingly calm, without the bi-hourly sounds of automatic gunfire and explosions of mortars rounds and other such devises and bright light of tracer fire illuminating the sky, and it seemed as though the night was set to be a eerie one because of the lack of munitions firing.

But while some would be entranced in the silence of the night, the sight of a Colonel in his late fifties marching in would quickly grab their attention. The man was one Bill Farrell, a experienced officer who had served and led men into some of the worst shitholes the world had to offer. He had been placed in charge of managing task force Red Rabbit, fringes new way of combating the circle menace. He quickly came to a stop right next to a rather large whiteboard, "Operation wonderland" stood out in rather bold writing at the top, under that was several well detailed map of the Iran, most specifically focused on Tehran and the Caspian sea coastline and several pictures of various people, one of them no doubt being the one they were sent here for.

"Alright, Listen up!" The Kentuckin Commander bellowed towards the various troops of the SOC before clearing his throat. "Now, its an hour 'til go time and I don't wanna explain this twice!" Standing tall next to the board, he clutched a telescopic baton and quickly darted over towards the pictures.

"We have the possibility to nab a high value asset of Circle's for ourselves tonight." The end of the baton quickly darted towards a middle aged woman who looked to be of Persian ethnicity. "This is Fariba Mahmoud, one of the top Circle scientists in the region. Recently, a man by the name of Geoff Briggs has gotten into contact with our guys three weeks ago and told us that she wants to defect to our side."

The end of the baton darted away from Fariba and onto a picture of blurry and rather pixelated picture of Geoff. "This is our contact inside the city, he's apparently working for the boys at Langley but because of whats going on in the south, trying to get conformation out of the CIA is like pullin' fuckin' teeth, so we need to assume that this guy is most likely isn't working for them - keep your eyes sharp, I ain't gotta tell ya the risk involve if we get caught with our pants down cause we don't know how to spot a turncoat. As for Fariba we double and triple checked her background, she is most definitely legit and from what we can tell in our last communique is reserving help from him and is ready to defect.

"This ain't gonna be pretty but we gotta do it as fast and hopefully as silent as possible. Due to the conflict area we're in, the likelihood of that happenin' is slim to none but by God we're gonna try. You've been each given a file and your role in this. It's night and we're going to use that to our advantage. We deploy via boats, link up with vehicle contact [Cheshire Cat], link up with our asset [Alice] and her contact [Dormouse]. Once we have secured the package we're gonna evac through one of three exit sites," he had pointed onto the map provided on the board.

Continuing, "I don't think I need to stress how important it is we get her the hell out of there and in FD hands. Suit up people, we leave in 20 minutes!

Command - Hatter
SOCPU squad one - March Hare
SOCPU Squad two - White Rabbit
Vehicle contact - Cheshire Cat
Fariba Mahmoud - Alice
Geoff - Dormouse
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:20 pm

March 20th 2022
Azerbaijan, Russian Forward Operating Base Sadko
1:03 AM

After the Colonel had been done with his briefing, Nathan began to look at the file he was given. Analyzing it and checking and rechecking it for any important details. He wary of this Briggs character, as from the looks of it, he may as well have been a rouge CIA agent, probably working to benefit himself, or possibly this was all just an elaborate ruse on the Circle's part. Or ideally, Briggs is actually working out of good intentions, and is here to help the FD with securing this asset. Then with the mentioned in his head of good intentions, Nathan had reminded himself of the quote of "The road to Hell is paved in good intentions." To which it then seemed a bit rather ominous now to Nathan, as to what this Briggs might end up being when they hopefully (unhopefully?) get to him, along with the asset.

Nathan then stopped looking at the file, and then preceded to do some last minute checks on his equipment before they head out. One can never over check with these sorts of things. Ever since what happened two years ago, Nathan couldn't really remember the last time that a day went by, that he hadn't thought about Holly, and their child that never was to be. As any idea, reminder, or mentioned of combat or the Circle, or simply what he has been doing nonstop for two years, all ended up being connected, and all led up to Holly and their unborn child. And there were the occasional nightmares too. Nathan wonders how he manages to still function from that alone, let alone what he does everyday. Though he might have already come across the answer for that though, being simply pure, dehumanizing, cruel, brutality towards an entity whose existence may as well be proof to the zealous religious pacifist that God was shot in the back of the head, and had his corpse flayed.

Nathan was then done with checking his equipment, and had considered himself ready to go, and is now waiting.
Last edited by Chedastan on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Reddogkeno101
Senator

Founded: Feb 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Reddogkeno101 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:46 pm

Bruce Barton was sitting in a lounge chair in the lobby, reading that morning's The Times. It was the usual news really, more Circle activity and more of them winning. Bruce had been selected as analyst for the newly-formed Fringe Division, due to his skill set acquired over the years. Just as he got to the sport section of the paper, his least favourite area, he looked at his watch; it was time to go to the conference room for the meeting. He stood up, folded up the paper and placed it in his suitcase, and headed through the main doors, towards the elevator, and the conference room. It was there that he encountered another person, who was presumably doing the same thing as himself. As he approached, he introduced himself, "Bruce Barton," He began as he stuck out his hand for a handshake. "I'm the analyst, and yes, before you ask, I am Australian."
Russia,Imperialism, fascism, Religion, Speedo-clad politicians and North Korea
Team Reek, Centralised EU, Australia, NATO, Ukraine(Kiev Rus), Poland, China, Obama and Democrat led Murica
'Straya

This user deplores oxygen pirates, so oxygen pirates beware.

Walabam
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Walabam » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:55 am

March 18th, 2022
Kaohsiung, Taiwan
1500 hours

Jolene stood in front of her late sister's grave, flowers and joss sticks in one hand and an opened umbrella in the other. The rain poured heavily, much akin to the tears flowing down Jolene's cheek. The times that the sisters had together were unforgettable to Jolene. With her shirt's sleeve, Jolene covered her hand with it, cleaning the photo of her sister, which had been yellowed over the years. With that done, Jolene stuck the flowers into the ceramic vase, before sticking the joss sticks into the joss stick urn. Making sure to cover the joss sticks with her umbrella, Jolene quickly lit the joss sticks with a lighter, tying the umbrella in place to secure its position.

"Jie," whispered Jolene, "I have come to pay my respects to you. Give me your blessings as an immortal for me to take down your killers." The Chinese believed that when someone dies, he/she would become a deity. Jolene paused for a second as the thunder struck. "I'll be heading back to London tomorrow," finished Jolene as she smiled while she stood up, walking away from her sister's grave to her car.

March 20th 2022
London, the UK
0945 hours

"It's a lively morning and you're listening to BBC Radio 5. Updates on the traf..."

"Gah, no need for that." The scheduled time was 10:00 AM, but Jolene wanted to make sure she wasn't late. Dressed in a Business Casual attire and carrying a small briefcase with her, Jolene carefully opened the briefcase and pulled out the documents stored inside. They were research materials on The Circle, and other organizations that may or may not have been involved with The Circle. While glancing through the research materials, Jolene found herself a seat on the lounge chair, setting her things down as she sat, crossing her legs. Sitting across Jolene was a man whom she had taken almost no notice of, reading The Times.

"All new principal staff report to the main conference room on floor 6 in 15 minutes," sounded the loudspeakers, which were hidden from view. Jolene blinked twice, a habit which translate to 'understood'. Fifteen minutes was enough time for her to glance through all the documents she had in hand, but she preferred to leave that for later. Neatly, Jolene slid the documents back into her opened briefcase, locking it shut before she made her way to the washroom. Although there was a mission in hand, Jolene still made sure her image would be well-maintained, as she knew no one wanted to see a woman with ruined makeup. There, she emptied her thoughts before looking at the mirror, not wanting her anger to get in the way of her applying makeup.

Not long after, Jolene emerged from the washroom, looking refreshed, before she headed towards the elevator. Jolene looked around the lift lobby, curious of her surroundings, while waiting for the elevator. Of course, the elevator soon reached the ground floor, with Jolene and a few others stepping into the elevator, with Jolene being the only one wanting to go to the 6th floor.

Upon reaching the 6th floor, Jolene caught a glimpse of a familiar face. It was the man whom had been sitting across her, reading The Times. "What a coincidence," she thought, before she entered the conference room behind the man. Jolene was hoping to get down to business, but she knew that formalities had to be exchanged in order not to look rude. Starting from the man in front of her, Jolene introduced herself to everyone in the room; "Hello, my name is Jolene. Jolene Hsieh."
wat.

Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:38 am

March 20th 2022
London, the UK

Morning 10AM

"All new principal staff report to the main conference room on floor 6 in 15 minutes" blared a dreadful mechanical like voice. Victoria Grayson was in the women's restroom, touching up her appearance, making sure she looked presentable, something her blue-blooded mother instilled into her at a young age. Victoria might have looked a little out of place among the others, but despite her former high ranking status and military training, she loved a statement necklace paired with stilettos.

As she was finishing applying fresh lipstick, a somewhat dis-shelved woman entered the restroom and started to apply make-up as well. Even in this day and age, a woman's appearance is still important to her. Victoria's stilettos made a distinct click-clack against the tiled floor as she made her way to the floor length mirror in the corner of the restroom. She looked herself over, tucked a hair behind her ear and smoothed out her dress before exiting the restroom.

She made her way to the elevator and saw it was severely crowded.

"Maybe this time...." Victoria quietly said as she made her way toward the awaiting elevator to only stop dead in her tracks." No, you're not ready yet." She thought as she stopped to the side and let others pass her by. The doors closed and she waited for the next elevator. When the next one arrived she quickly stepped in and pushed the ""Close Door" button, shutting it on some poor man carrying a tray of coffee.

When Victoria arrived to the 6th floor, the former Army 2nd Lieutenant found herself among new and old faces, her colleagues. She smiled at those she new and walked past the ones she didn't, not giving them the time of day. Victoria entered the conference room and found an empty seat right in front of the water pitcher. She poured herself of glass of water and sat her Chanel clutch in front of her, crossing her legs as she sat down.

"Hello, my name is Jolene. Jolene Hsieh." Victoria heard and as she looked up to see who spoke, it was the woman she passed in the elevator.

"Poor thing, she thinks thats an OK thing to wear?" Victoria thought with a smug face. She smirked and looked Jolene and softly spoke.

"Pleasure to meet you Jolene. I'm Victoria, Victoria Grayson."
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Cyzawza
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyzawza » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:18 am

Gerhardus 'Gerard' Marais (Alive)

Russian Forward Operating Base Sadko, Briefing Tent
1:05 AM

Gerard never expected to be part of all this. Just a few months ago he was fighting pro-Circle rebels in the worst places of his own country, and fewer months ago than that he was holed up with his family with a gun in his hand and a cup of coffee to keep him alert. After all, the Circle were vultures, striking at the weak, the unaware. Only now as he sat on rugged dirt, among people who he scarcely knew but soon would become his closest allies, did he realize how important God thought he was.

"You're putting a lot of trust into me. I will do my duties as asked and even if I die on this mission, I will die knowing you will protect my family even when I am gone." Gerard thought to himself. "These people are now my closest friends. They will watch my back, and I will watch theirs."

Gerard began to eye the document which the Colonel had clearly expressed was crucial to the mission. But before he began to read it, he found a particularly comfortable spot on a patch of dirt in the corner of the modest olive tent. As a trained medical professional, or so Gerard considered himself, proper back support when idle was critical to both his comfort and not developing back problems later in his life. Carrying a heavy rucksack around, along with several firearms probably wouldn't help either, but he'd have to thank himself for his initiative later. He cracked open the file.

Gerard read the file several times through and filed away all the big details for later. From what he gathered, our man Briggs was an elusive oddball, he was both working for the CIA but the same time at wasn't, and knew some information that only someone who did their research would. Gerard wasn't sure what to make of Briggs, on one side he could be working with a fairly untainted government organization and have a slew of juicy intel he'd be willing to sacrifice to SOC for the greater good. "But if we were misinformed. This man could be a rat to the Circle, a rogue CIA agent." Gerard thought. Being pragmatic, but also an optimistic, he realized both options were almost equally likely, but hoped the former were true. Geoff Briggs certainly was a Schrodinger's Cat of a man, and we were about to open his box.

Gerard didn't think too much about Fariba, he believed the SOC was properly informed on her front, and the Colonel himself sounded confident in her reliability as an asset. "Fariba isn't the problem. Knowing Geoff Brigg's intentions is." Gerard affirmed to himself. He kept that thought of Geoff on speed-dial just in case the situation seemed... off, in the future. The human psyche was something Gerard believed he had a pretty good grasp on, but since the information on Briggs was sub-optimal at best, he had to be sure before committing to him.

After a few more brief skims, Gerard shut the bundle of paper and placed it by his bag in case he needed to do some last minute review before his crew left. The Colonel said they'd depart in twenty minutes, leaving a little period to talk to his team-members before they went sailing. Speaking of the Colonel, Gerard particularly liked his character. He could tell just by the battered look in his eye, his fit physique for his age and his commanding voice that he has seen many men die by his command and from his command more times than he could count. He had seen the horrors of war and emerged from it a man who would just spit at his enemies and shoot at them without any second thoughts. Gerard despised the Circle, yes, but he knew that men would be dying at his hands soon enough, and he knew these men had childhoods and lives before this. "War is hell. And I have to endure it before I can make it to heaven. These men are damned for what they have done, the atrocities they have committed. I know my family and I wouldn't have lasted this long if we had been damned from the beginning. I know you have a plan before you save us, oh Lord, and I will gladly be a part of it."

Gerard had been wounded by dogs when he was kid. The white men who ran the hospital in Johannesburg, even after the end of the apartheid, had been somewhat picky of prioritizing a black man in critical condition even over a white man with a common cold. But he was saved by a timely procedure that reduced the damages from possible blood poisoning and shock to that of a severed stump with a cast. He was ever grateful to the medical staff that day, and since then was fascinated by its wonders. Such fascination was even further solidified when he was selected for a prototype prostheses that had more applications than just bending and grabbing. It could open bottles, pick locks, cut open packages and if we apply the latter to a military standpoint, slit throats. It was a 'miracle technology,' as the doctors called it after a grueling 28 hour procedure that left a nurse slumped over from exhaustion by the procedure's end. The prosthetic's alternative functions could be summoned by mere thought. And it was just as dexterous, if not more so, than his old ring finger. To top it all off, it was powered by Gerard's own body, which meant it could never run out of power.

Well, said 'miracle technology' was being used as an amusement device at this very moment, ten minutes before departure, by Gerard. He switched between the bottle opener and lockpick back and forth over and over again. It was pretty much his version of twiddling his thumbs. He had checked his equipment, read the file and was geared up to leave whenever.

He noticed in front of him a shaven man with short hair. He seemed deep in thought about something, oblivious to his surroundings. Gerard believed his name was Nathan, he hadn't learned everyone's personal life stories as of his second week in SOCPU after his training. Too much to do really. His main group that he became friends with during training weren't as lucky and got assigned to other divisions, it was a shame, they were good people willing to die on the front lines for what is right.

"Hey white man! Your name is Nathan right? I haven't exactly had the time to formally meet you and the rest of our little band of brothers until now." Gerard said, raising up from his slouched position and extending an arm across the tent for him to shake. "I'm Gerhardus Marais, but it is usually shortened to Gerard. Your preference."
Last edited by Cyzawza on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
My nation is basically an alternate reality Poland where he can of into space.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:54 am

"Hey white man!"

Nathan recognized the voice as to belonging to a man who had just very recently joined the SOCPU and their team. Nathan could definitely say he didn't know the new guy all that well, besides the fact that he is a medic, is from South Africa, and his name is Gerhardus. Upon getting called by him, Nathan had turned his head to see the man face to face as he gave his little introduction to him. Then seeing his arm extended, gesturing for a handshake, Nathan of course shook it. And preceded to give his own introduction. "Hello Gerard, my name is Nathan Wright, or just plain Nathan if you want. And yes, we certainly haven't met each other formally before, but hey, at least it's now, rather than later." Nathan said to him. While they've just met, Nathan had already felt that Gerard's efforts to the team are going to be hopefully invaluable.

Cyzawza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyzawza » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:46 am

Chedastan wrote:"Hey white man!"

Nathan recognized the voice as to belonging to a man who had just very recently joined the SOCPU and their team. Nathan could definitely say he didn't know the new guy all that well, besides the fact that he is a medic, is from South Africa, and his name is Gerhardus. Upon getting called by him, Nathan had turned his head to see the man face to face as he gave his little introduction to him. Then seeing his arm extended, gesturing for a handshake, Nathan of course shook it. And preceded to give his own introduction. "Hello Gerard, my name is Nathan Wright, or just plain Nathan if you want. And yes, we certainly haven't met each other formally before, but hey, at least it's now, rather than later." Nathan said to him. While they've just met, Nathan had already felt that Gerard's efforts to the team are going to be hopefully invaluable.

Gerard nodded slightly, as a little affirmation that he had guessed correctly. "Ah yes! I knew it was Nathan something. I once had a very clumsy friend who was named Nathaniel back in Africa, he was kind of the laughing stock of my group of friends. And guess what he is doing now? Professional surgery. Turns out the poor boy had Parkinson's disease, and when he got treatment for it he was probably the most apt surgeon I had ever seen! We went to med school together, and well, I went to war as a combat medic while he tended to the wounded back in my home town. Haven't spoken to him in years, unfortunately. God has set paths for each of us my friend, I mine and Nathaniel's unfortunately had to split when I left to fight the Circle extremists." Gerard paused for a moment, before finishing his statement. "I don't know if you're a believer in this sort of stuff, Nathan, but I believe my path and your path intertwined for a reason. I'm probably overwhelming you, yes, but I very strongly believe in this. I am here because I want to protect my family, and I am sure you want to do the same, right?"

Gerard didn't know much of Nathan's back-story, but he was sure that a clean, military man would have a supportive wife and loving, kids at home. Gerard had the former, but he wasn't ready to have kids until the world had been purged of all the evil that threatened her and his future children. The evil known as the Circle would make any sane individual fear for his or her family's life, for they had ended thousands. Gerard wasn't even sure if Nathan was part of those thousands, but he would know now.
Last edited by Cyzawza on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:53 pm

Nathan was a bit amused by Gerard's story about his friend Nathaniel, but when it then got into the idea of "God's set path," Nathan wasn't quite sure what to think about that, given his non religiousness. Though it's probably on the line of simply not caring, and or thinking about the implications in such an idea. But when Gerard then mentioned protecting his family being why he was here, and asking Nathan about doing the same, all train of thought that Nathan had just paused. Then all he could think about was Holly. He knew Gerard probably didn't know about what happened, him being new and all. But that didn't stop Nathan feeling a lot of emotions associated with that, to which Nathan then just stood still where he was, with a expressionless face looking at the ground. If Gerard didn't know before, he's certainly going to know now.

Nathan returned his look back on Gerard, thinking he may as well just tell him so he isn't in the dark about it, at least. "My wife... She's dead, died two years ago..." Nathan told him, holding back some emotions, he then continued. "I'm here because I want to make those motherfuckers pay for what they did to me, to her... and to anyone else." Nathan finished, the "motherfuckers" of course being the Circle. Nathan then wonders what Gerard thinks.

Cyzawza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyzawza » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:29 pm

Chedastan wrote:Nathan was a bit amused by Gerard's story about his friend Nathaniel, but when it then got into the idea of "God's set path," Nathan wasn't quite sure what to think about that, given his non religiousness. Though it's probably on the line of simply not caring, and or thinking about the implications in such an idea. But when Gerard then mentioned protecting his family being why he was here, and asking Nathan about doing the same, all train of thought that Nathan had just paused. Then all he could think about was Holly. He knew Gerard probably didn't know about what happened, him being new and all. But that didn't stop Nathan feeling a lot of emotions associated with that, to which Nathan then just stood still where he was, with a expressionless face looking at the ground. If Gerard didn't know before, he's certainly going to know now.

Nathan returned his look back on Gerard, thinking he may as well just tell him so he isn't in the dark about it, at least. "My wife... She's dead, died two years ago..." Nathan told him, holding back some emotions, he then continued. "I'm here because I want to make those motherfuckers pay for what they did to me, to her... and to anyone else." Nathan finished, the "motherfuckers" of course being the Circle. Nathan then wonders what Gerard thinks.

Nathan's solemn story about his wife's story, and his vindictive response, was as expected. Gerard knows the way people look when thinking about lost ones, one part hopelessness and sadness, one part anger and one part understanding. Nathan was experiencing the anger right now, and Gerard was empathetic, but also realistic. "No one deserves to have their spouse killed. I know this from my friends, the only way to experience completion once again is to understand that they would not want you to lament their deaths as a burden to oneself for your whole life. It is incredibly hard to accept it, that they are gone, but if vengeance is truly what you seek, I promise you. We will get it. You have every right to hate these scum. I know I do. Now, if you every need any help, I will certainly be there. But one last thing, the void you feel now that she has passed, you can fill it, by forging new bonds to the people you know now. Cherish these people, Nathan, and don't let that void blind you to the people who you love now."

Gerard was no therapist, but he learned the importance of family by having struggled through the first decade of his life with them. He formed incredibly close bonds with his mother, father and brother especially. Nathan had experienced Gerard's worst nightmare, losing someone close to them, someone they considered family. He could only imagine that pain Nathan felt when he heard his wife had died to those bastards. Scum like this did not deserve to live another moment of mortal life, if they were destined for damnation, Gerard would help them make it there faster.
Last edited by Cyzawza on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Nathan of course listened to what Gerard had to say to him, and he appreciated it. But the idea of moving on from Holly's and their unborn child's deaths, was a really remote concept for Nathan to accept. For two years after their deaths, all Nathan ever really wanted was revenge for them, even now he is imagining himself bashing a Circle member's skull in with a blunt instrument. Nathan then wondered if he should tell Gerard about the detail that him and his wife's unborn child never came to be because of her death. But then Nathan decided against it, he felt he had told him enough already, especially since this was first conversation between them.

Then when Gerard said about filling in the void, Nathan again, didn't know what to think about that. As a bit of him felt that Holly was irreplaceable, and that he shouldn't bother cherishing people who may end up dying the next day anyways. Regardless though, Nathan gave a nod, and then said. "Thanks for that talk, I guess."

Cyzawza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyzawza » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Chedastan wrote:Nathan of course listened to what Gerard had to say to him, and he appreciated it. But the idea of moving on from Holly's and their unborn child's deaths, was a really remote concept for Nathan to accept. For two years after their deaths, all Nathan ever really wanted was revenge for them, even now he is imagining himself bashing a Circle member's skull in with a blunt instrument. Nathan then wondered if he should tell Gerard about the detail that him and his wife's unborn child never came to be because of her death. But then Nathan decided against it, he felt he had told him enough already, especially since this was first conversation between them.

Then when Gerard said about filling in the void, Nathan again, didn't know what to think about that. As a bit of him felt that Holly was irreplaceable, and that he shouldn't bother cherishing people who may end up dying the next day anyways. Regardless though, Nathan gave a nod, and then said. "Thanks for that talk, I guess."

Gerard understood that wounds caused by traumatizing events such as that couldn't be mended by mere hopeful wishes, but his intentions were whole-hearted and genuine. He truly did not want to see Nathan ponder over the death of his wife for his entire life, because said pondering can lead to some illogical thoughts. Thoughts like him believing it was his fault, or that someone is out to get him. "Tapping into this man's head is a difficult trial, one I am now certain is not my role to do. Nathan's vengeance is up to him, he can only fill the void by his own doing, just it was the Circle's undoing of his wife." Gerard thought.

It was clear Nathan best be left alone, despite Gerard's best efforts. Gerard broke eye contact with the man, peering slightly away from him, and said simply, "I understand. Nathan."

Gerard liked to keep tabs on everything at hand, it was a skill he developed both by hunting and by being by his family. He silently made one of Nathan, "Nathan Wright is seeking vengeance for the unjust death of his wife and as expected, does not enjoy speaking about the event. He needs to fill the void by doing to the Circle what they did to his wife. I wish him luck."

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Jin Mao Tower, Shanghai, China
5 AM

The Circle
Felix Dahlin, a man lost in his emotions, was in love with Shanghai. When he had fist received his assignment to establish economic cooperation with Shanghai, he was excited for the first time in years. So excited that he even arranged the purchase of a headquarters for his Asian Division, the Jin Mao Tower, now he had a proper headquarters from which to launch his enterprises. This was to be his overthrowing of the Fringe supporting AltLife and the breakthrough to Asian markets. History had shown time and again that if you could the industrialists of Shanghai on your side you could control China; the British had done it, Mai had done it, Xi Zinping had done it, and now Felix Dahlin would do it.

Walking out of his new penthouse apartment/office, Felix stopped to look at a photo of himself and Jan to remind himself of what he was fighting for. After this moment of contemplation Felix looked at the skyline with a more somber tone. As he left his apartment, he was flanked by his bodyguards.

These bodyguards were the best of the best, fitted with the latest bio-tech hardware, they were a force to be reckoned with and could probably level a whole city block before being killed. Pulling his scarf tighter, Dahlin stepped into his limo to escort the Circle members to their meeting place. As they pulled away Felix again began worrying about work. His top scientist in the Middle East, Fariba Mahmoud, had been quite distraught when she contacted his about his plan to release a genetically targeted bio-weapon to halt sectarian violence in the area. Sure it would kill Kurds and Armenians as well as the tribal groups, but that was its purpose. Those groups were giving the Circle problems and they had to be dealt with. He would have to tell someone about her when he met them, but now was not the time.

When they pulled up to the Shanghai Pudong Airport, Felix practically leapt from the limo and when to the private gate that he had arranged for the Circle partners and went to wait.
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Verkaria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Verkaria » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:25 pm

Over Shanghai, China
4:30 AM

The plane landed around 5 AM, but Jace Blauschwert had awoken in his private cabin an hour earlier - it was a rather nice cabin, much to Jace's dismay. The reformed terrorist believed that the Circle had been born with a predisposition to the woefully infectious disease of extravagance. After Jace had dressed himself and splashed water on his face and done all of the morning tasks that one might normally do right after waking up, he sat on the edge of his bed, next to what looked like a surgical kit and large syringe filled with a metallic-looking liquid.

Ever since Jace's augmentation, he has been forced to inject himself with this particular liquid about two to three times per day. After Jace had come to and all of the surgeries and augmentations that went along with them were completed, someone explained this new daily regimen to him. The same person joked that because of the extreme addictive properties of the drug and the viral-like nature of the augmentations, the development team had dubbed the drug 'Veroin'. Combining the words virus and heroin. So, that's what Jace called it. However, relating the drug to heroin was ridiculous to Blauschwert because the drug had none of the positive effects of heroin (i.e. the high), besides the obvious fuel-like quality that powered his augmentations, and all the negative effects (i.e. withdrawal symptoms). The particular schedule of the day required that Jace take it at exactly five o'clock - he'd even set an alarm.

Jace cut the television on. He flipped the channel to an American news network, maybe Fox or CNN - Jace didn't care enough about the television to notice which one. In fact, he didn't so much as watch the show as sort of drift off into thought with the sound of a broadcaster's voice lulling on in the background. Even so, there was an unconscious part of him that hoped the channel wasn't Fox.

Jace did not dream anymore. Or maybe, he did not remember his dreams anymore. Jace didn't even have the normal cycle of sleep that a normal person had anymore. No, no. Jace operated on a new cycle - an improved cycle, his contemporaries would say. Forty-eight hours of functional awakeness and six hours of dreamless sleep. Jace was completely fine with this. In fact--

"I don't particularly like Jace," Jace suddenly heard a nightmarishly familiar voice say from the television, robbing his attention away from his inner-self and stashing inside of the plasma screen.

Jace looked up at the television and saw a well-to-do white field-reporter shoving his microphone a into passer-by's face for an on-the-spot interview. Jace flicked his eyes away from the face of the reporter's victim for a moment to look at the channel's logo in the bottom right of the screen. It was Fox.

The interview, which was taking place in front of a pro-Circle, pro-Jace, and anti-Wall-Street protest in Times Square, went on when the reporter asked the man with the nightmarishly familiar voice to explain why he didn't particularly like Jace and also what he was doing at this assembly in the first place.

"Well," Jace's gaze snapped back to the interviewee, "I actually knew Jace." Jace noted that the familiar man did not explain why he was there.

The Fox reporter was flabbergasted.

"Yes, I even almost succeeded in having him killed."

Jace's body was overcome with the coldest of sweats, he thought he might literally freeze. And then, Jace did freeze. He looked down and noticed that ice had started form at his feet, it sprouted and jutted off jaggedly in spikes in all directions, it even stabbed his legs and blood began to pour from the wounds, which began to freeze as well. As the ice grew like a living thing and crawled up his legs, Jace shifted his attention back to the television with panicked eyes. The reporter's victim had become a ghastly corpse of his former self, his face was literally falling off in rotting pieces and chunks of blackened flesh. The assembly that was in the background had suddenly caught fire, but the people were not running. They just stood there, burning. And as Jace watched the symbol of the Blue Swords that was plastered on the protesters' signs turn to ash and scatter in the wind--

*EHN EHN EHN EHN* the alarm sounded beautifully.

Jace grabbed the Veroin-injector as quickly as he could and plunged it through the bloodied ice and directly into his calf.

Over Shanghai, China
5:00 AM

As Jace walked into the main cabin as the plane landed, he glanced at Agent Delta briefly and continued on toward the exitway. There were droplets of fresh water on his face.
Last edited by Verkaria on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 pm

Shanghai, China
The Circle: Agent Gamma
5:00 AM

Gamma had busied herself flipping through the pages of an in flight magazines that was (predictably) short on words and abundant in iconic pictures and perfect angles that fixated on the fantasy of a 'perfect lifestyle'. She hadn't so much as processed the images as she was studying them. The pictures were pretty much the same theme: brand names and high fashion, luggage that was the 'in thing', jewelry and accessories that cost more than an average person's monthly paycheck. One caught her though and she paused at the sight of it: the woman in the sunglasses overlooking the calm seas with her windswept hair caught in a picture perfect moment to accentuate her flawless skin and striking cheekbones. The man next to her with a V-neck grey t-shirt that looked painted on him with aviators that captured his square jaw; he was holding her hand as he looked out to the sea with her. She frowned at the picture, tilting her heard slightly to study the background of a peaceful setting that could only be true in dreams.

At least that what it said in bold italic Times New Roman near the bottom. This was a dream worth pursuing? They looked completely out of place and detached from the real world. Granted, Gamma had seen her share of opulence and wealth that could buy such settings, but if this was being fed to the masses, then it was no wonder the herd could be... well herded, so easily. People wanted for naught and they would follow others that could make their desires come true...

How fitting then that one such person was on the plane and had taken his seat with a detachment Gamma had come to be all too familiar with. They had never talked much in the past and it was sometimes a wonder to believe that after a decade they still barely knew each other. Not that such things mattered, Gamma's personality was pretty much a reflection of high society. The affluent and untouchable, the ego and allure that came with. It was completely opposite to one such as Jace. Oh she knew all about the man's history, something she and Epsilon agreed on when they had decided to break him out of Guantanamo. Her skills at the time was required elsewhere, sadly that particular individual did not live long enough to see his ambitions come true. Few ever did anyway.

She said nothing while he exited out of the plane, apparently the icon of the Circle had little words and hardly took the time to actually catalog everyone on the plane. Gamma didn't bother making note of it; he wasn't alive this long by playing it dumb after all. She followed behind him after a moment giving more than respectable space between the two of them, and glanced over to Delta and Phi. Her 'siblings', if you will. Of the two, Gamma preferred Delta - at least she talked. Phi on the other hand... maybe it was Gamma's affiliation with the late Epsilon but there always seemed to be an air of animosity between the two of them. Perhaps it was because Phi was the older model? Or simply because she was more of a ruthless killing machine? Gamma wasn't as advanced as her predecessors but her skills were always different from the rest, something only Epsilon was more capable in than her.

Smoothing out her business vest and tugging at it gently she stepped off the plane and took in the fading night. The air was warm, an undercurrent of chill barely noticeable and a faint buzz that had nothing to do with the dying roars of the jet engines. Why so many of them - along with high assets like Jace and Marcus - were needed for this meeting was beyond Gamma and the agent wasn't about to question the Circle's directives. She stood a respectable distance from Jace, giving the man his space while fixing her hair quickly and awaited the rest to join them. Their newest recruit would be meeting them at the gate and from there they'd have a convoy of armored vehicles at the ready to get them to a more secure location to iron out the details of this new partnership.

"Quiet morning, wouldn't you agree?" She commented lightly.
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nexeria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nexeria » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:59 pm

Marcus Cavor
Over Shanghai, China

4:45 AM

Before his departure from the plane, Marcus Cavor waltzed around his private cabin drifting in and out of deep thought. Swinging his cane around as if were on a Broadway show, Marcus began conversing with himself.

Twelve Years. Is that it? Let's see, the Gherkin bombing was way back in 2010. So, yes, twelve. Interesting! I wonder whatever became of Csoka. Perhaps, the Circle terminated him like they did poor Epsi. Sad, I really liked Epsilon too. I know we had our differences, but I found him to be rather to be amusing. Here I thought he had a stick shoved so far up his ass he couldn't bend, but he certainly proved me wrong. Funny.

Realizing that they would be landing soon, Marcus walked into his bathroom and approached his mirror before examining himself. He kept his black hair in a nicely-trimmed mess while wearing a sharp-looking, well-tailored suit. Upon closer inspection of the mirror, Marcus noticed a dark figure run across by the door of his bathroom.

"Intruder?" Marcus asked himself as he unsheathed his blade from its cover before stepping back into his bedroom. Scanning over the cabin, Marcus saw no one and no where to hide. Confused, Marcus continued packing his belongings before exiting the room. As he closed door of his cabin, Marcus felt a sense of unease as he heard what sounded like a voice echo out from his cabin. Grinding his teeth together, Marcus cursed under his breath and continued into the main cabin.

Noticing Agent Delta standing off by herself, Marcus approached the woman before saying, "My, my, my, you look quite lovely today, Delta. Has Jace woken up yet? I'd really like to say he-"

*EHN EHN EHN EHN* the alarm sounded annoyingly.

"Fucking interruptions. I fucking hate interruptions," Marcus said to himself as Jace stepped out of his cabin and walked on by towards the exit. Intrigued, having not spoken to the man in some time, Marcus followed the warlord until he noticed Agent Gamma approach Jace.

Waltzing up to the two, Marcus overheard Gamma comment, "Quiet morning, wouldn't you agree?" Sliding into their view, Marcus shook his head delightfully before responding, "Indeed it is, my dear! Nothing greater the sound of silence. Now, just how have you two been? I feel like we never get to see each other anymore."

Marcus grinned eerily as he glanced back and forth between the two.
Last edited by Nexeria on Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I have no mouth. And I must scream.
-Ted the Voiceless Blob

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 am

London, the UK

As the the elevator doors opened, Alexandra rather rapidly made her way out. Much to her satisfaction of being able to do so. The slowness of some people slightly irritated her, but she couldn't, nor did she do, blame their certain biological aspects. Some people were old, other large, while some had slowed psychological reactions. Alex herself wasn't of ideal physiology as she was not very physically capable, although that would be the result of her birth given physiology. Hurrying wasn't exactly the better alternative either unless actually needed.

In any case, Alexandra was quite far from late. Fixing her large glasses, which have, following a long time of walking, slightly slid down. A presentable image would give one the appearance of neatness. Although over the top dressing would be considered by Alex to be at least somewhat inappropriate. Alexandra had thought of two ways to dress up for this très important conference. After all, this was the first time Alex was going to talk with whom she will be cooperating for the rest of this career's time. Humans are social creatures, thus relationships are rather paramount in work and should be based on trust. Unfortunately, Alex was antisocial and no mater how intelligent she is and will be, simple human social issues still plagued her. She does wish it to be less of a problem this time. Alex was dressed in a very immaculate and tidy laboratory coat, with medium tight, formal and deep blue trousers. The what some would call meager or not very fashionable but productive look was complete with Danish Ecco brand shoeswhich were moderately suiting to the nature of the conference and were very comfortable. Alexandra wore little makeup and had very nicely looked after, long hair in a nice looking braid. She could have and wanted to wear a suit but considered the lab coat to be more comfortable and heighten her self esteem.

Walking into the conference room, Alexandra slowed her pace to observe the available spaces and eventually took a seat near a blonde woman. She would proceed to hang her handbag, which held her tablet among other things, on the chair as she got herself seated. Taking a few second to quickly analyse and observe those surrounding her, Alex continued to rather suddenly look at her nearest current neighbour, the well yet oddly dressed blonde woman and present herself.

"I'm Alexandra Bø, nice to meet you." She said with a rather warm smile, offering a handshake while also casting a friendly glance at the woman to the left of the blonde woman.

Delta had, since the plane landed, strode soundlessly by the rest of the group, seeking out any potential hazards to their safe and uninterrupted arrival. In primarily the form of other people. She hadn't given herself any thoughts on the concepts that had made a quick run through her head on the plane, mainly because she outright ignored them and forgot them, although the memory of this incident was not going anywhere. It was calmly placed somewhere inside Delta's brain.

Phi was completely quiet as well and as most of the time. Much like the true killing machine she was. And she was a killing machine. Phi was by far the most effective Agent the Circle had. Newer Agents, which were, besides about three more, represented by Gamma, were made with specialisation. Gamma in particular wasn't as strong but more agile than others. Phi had a rather expensive, revolutionary for Agents design. One which gave her the attributes she was known for. Unlike other Agents, Phi was the only one who had so far experienced near uncontrollable emotions. Rage. But the Circle wasn't seemed to be bothered by this as it did little to strain the Phi-Circle trust and was a, most of the time, valuable asset.

Approaching the terminal gate, Delta would immediately start searching for one of their partners who will be accompanying them on this and hopefully many more trips in the future. The partner was Felix Dahlin, an owner of a rather large Nordic company which, obviously, furthered the Circle's goals.

Unseen by her black sunglasses, Delta's eyes were fixed on their object of interest. It only took a minute before the group could be finally greeted by the man. Delta fixated her black suit as she approached him, giving off a fake smile as well so as to not cause much suspicion among the civilians, lessening the chances of them pointing towards the group should something go wrong.
Last edited by Jessjohnesik on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:22 am

London, UK
Conference Room

Alice Van Houten tapped her feet impatiently, her right knee bobbing up and down, an indicator of her bound energy that threatened to overwrite her common senses to get up and leave this meeting. People were slowly trickling in and her best friend and partner-in-cyber-adventure, Karla, was next to her, a picture of serenity. She had more patience of the two of them and the impulsive Alice was tempted to rip out a page of the conference notes and throw it at her friend's head. She didn't. It was, after all, an important meeting that could potentially wipe their records clean from other... well, people nowadays called it cyber-crime or terrorism, they thought of it as letting truth set the world free. Such was the heated debate during their initial 'recruitment', and Alice had to be quieted down for her more than rambunctious commentary that involved f-bombs and middle fingers and something to do about mothers and donkeys, Alice herself was trying to work out what she had said exactly - she was quite angry at the time.

"My god," she whined, throwing her head back and covering her face with her arm, "do these people know the meaning of the word important, now, meeting and everything associated with getting their asses in gear or do they think this is just some random conference where we sit around sipping fine wine and cheese?"

"It is too fucking early for this shit, Karla. I blame you. Right now we could be at a private resort somewhere in St. Lucia where I could be relaxing by a beautiful beach, surrounded by a swath of hot men being catered hand and foot before we hacked some no-good douchebag and show him or her up for the monsters they truly are. But noo, here we are at this conference waiting for a bunch of slow people who likely need their cup of coffee first, probably need to shave, take a shit, and a shower. Remind me why we even took this offer again, Karla?"
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phoenix2012
Minister

Founded: Aug 03, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Phoenix2012 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:01 pm

Capt. William Buckner
Russian Forward Operating Base Sadko
01:05

William Buckner quickly glanced through his file, making note of every detail. He mentally constructed a timeline of the mission, beginning to end. He decided that he didn't particularly trust Briggs, who seemed to be a shadowy character. Even if Mahmoud checked out, they still knew too little on Briggs for his trust, not that his trust was easy to earn these days. For all he knew, they could be running straight into an ambush, and if they did, he wanted to be prepared.

Buckner quickly double checked his gear, making sure that everything was in good working order. As his father had taught him, the two minutes spent checking your gear could very well save your life. They were going in quiet, and Buckner packed lightly. The mobility would be well worth it, since they weren't expecting a drawn out conflict, but Will made sure that he had all the essential gear. It took him only 6 minutes to have everything packed and ready, experience learned from his Delta instructor.

Walking briskly back to the tent where the rest of his team was, Will pulled out a small notebook where he had written down the names of those on his team...

Lieutenant Nathan Wright-Grendier

Lieutenant Olivia James-Scout/DM

Sergeant Erik Von Rosenbaum-Explosive/AR

Sergeant Gerhardus 'Gerard' Marais-Medic

Sergeant Elizabeth 'Liz' Demonde-Assist AR

Because the team was relatively new, he didn't know the members as well as he wanted to. He knew from experience that a good team knew each other's strengths and weaknesses, and worked together to overcome those weaknesses. He quickly made a note by Lieu. Nathan Wright-Lost Family, wants revenge. He knew what it was like to lose loved ones, and he had to suppress the anger that sprung up when he thought about the night he had lost his father and brother...

Clearing his head from those thoughts, William moved onto the other members of his team, making notes on their backgrounds and traits. When he was done, he stowed his notebook in his pocket, and went around to make sure that his team was ready...

William visited each member, making sure their gear was ready, and made a bit of small talk to lighten the mood. They were anxious, and concerned, as was he, but a gloomy team could easily get dragged down in their thoughts. Even after the horrific experiences they had all faced, his team was still strong, both physically, and more importantly, mentally. He had no doubt that many of them were haunted by what had happened, but they didn't show it.

Making his way around the tent, he came upon Sgt. Marias and Lieu. Wright. He knew Nathan well enough, but Marias had only transferred into the unit a week before. William didn't have the chance to properly introduce himself, and he took the opportunity now.

"I didn't get the chance to officially welcome you earlier." He said, addressing Marias,
"I'm sure you're enjoying the beautiful scenery, the wonderful food, and getting plenty of sleep" He said sarcastically
"Anyhow, how're you two doing on packing?"

Cyzawza
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cyzawza » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:03 pm

Phoenix2012 wrote:Capt. William Buckner
Russian Forward Operating Base Sadko
01:05

William visited each member, making sure their gear was ready, and made a bit of small talk to lighten the mood. They were anxious, and concerned, as was he, but a gloomy team could easily get dragged down in their thoughts. Even after the horrific experiences they had all faced, his team was still strong, both physically, and more importantly, mentally. He had no doubt that many of them were haunted by what had happened, but they didn't show it.

Making his way around the tent, he came upon Sgt. Marias and Lieu. Wright. He knew Nathan well enough, but Marias had only transferred into the unit a week before. William didn't have the chance to properly introduce himself, and he took the opportunity now.

"I didn't get the chance to officially welcome you earlier." He said, addressing Marias,
"I'm sure you're enjoying the beautiful scenery, the wonderful food, and getting plenty of sleep" He said sarcastically
"Anyhow, how're you two doing on packing?"

1:14 AM

Gerard glanced over quickly to Nathan, who seemed to be lost in his thoughts once more, before turning to the team's leader; Captain William Buckner. He, unlike the traumatized Lieutenant who Gerard had been speaking to moments earlier, seemed like a man who's head was screwed on right. He briefly spoke to Gerard before, when he was playing with his prosthetic, and checked his gear and said a few optimistic words to keep the team's spirits up. It seemed he was back for a few words, and Gerard was glad, he enjoyed meeting and speaking to new people. "Thank you for the kind welcome, Captain." Gerard smiled.

"I quite happen to enjoy the scenery, reminds me of my times in the outskirts of my hometown. The food and sleep are remarkably better here than they were back home too!" Gerard chuckled, "Especially since we actually have damn utensils in these MREs. As for packing, I am ready to depart whenever, Captain, speak a word and I'll be up in an instant!" Gerard glanced back to Nathan again, and asked, "Nathan, you ready to go? There's about five minutes left, and I am set."

Gerard did not doubt William's leading capabilities one bit. He had put faith in people in charge of his life before, and they did not fail him once, and he was ready to do it again. One could say putting your trust in someone who's still basically a stranger is foolish, but Gerard was not a dumb man. He was sure William would lead them to face certain death, and keep him and his team alive to tell the tale.

Whittington
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Whittington » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:London, the UK
Walking into the conference room, Alexandra slowed her pace to observe the available spaces and eventually took a seat near a blonde woman. She would proceed to hang her handbag, which held her tablet among other things, on the chair as she got herself seated. Taking a few second to quickly analyse and observe those surrounding her, Alex continued to rather suddenly look at her nearest current neighbour, the well yet oddly dressed blonde woman and present herself.

"I'm Alexandra Bø, nice to meet you." She said with a rather warm smile, offering a handshake while also casting a friendly glance at the woman to the left of the blonde woman.

A woman entered the conference room and took a seat next to Victoria. She was wearing lab-coat, modest shoes, and carried an off the rack hand bag. She did however seem friendly as she extended her hand for a handshake. Victoria swiveled to the side and shook the woman's hand firmly.

"Victoria, Victoria Grayson. 2nd Lieutenant, 58th Military Police Company, 728th Military Police Battalion. United States Army. However I'm now the Assistant Special Agent assigned to Fringe. Pleasure to meet you Alexandra." Victoria said with a rare but genuine smile.

She usually really never warmed up to people, not wanting to establish any real friendships in case another tragedy occurred. Victoria really couldn't handle more loss in her life. However the woman beside her reminded her of a friend she had back home.
" People Sleep Peacefully in Their Beds at Night Only Because Rough Men Stand Ready to Do Violence on Their Behalf"

Pro-Gay Marriage, Pro-Gun, Pro-Freedom, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Military, Pro Law Enforcement, Patriot. AMERICAN

Verkaria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Verkaria » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:57 pm

Shanghai, China
5:05 AM

"Quiet morning, wouldn't you agree?" Gamma asked Jace in an attempt at cordiality.

"Yes, it's-" Jace began before...

"Indeed it is, my dear! Nothing greater the sound of silence. Now, just how have you two been? I feel like we never get to see each other anymore." ...Marcus Cavor interrupted him.

Jace turned back to give the two a glance. First Marcus, a psychopath that gave off the aura of an extravagant thespian, and then, Gamma, an Agent seemingly designed to embody every aspect of a person that Jace despised. When in contact with these two, Jace always gave them the benefit of the doubt and acted toward them as if there was more below the surface of their character and also hoping so. After all, they were his comrades in arms.

"I can't quite recall the last time we were all together myself," Jace reminisced with Marcus. "So many of the more important members of our organization coming together in one place, it makes me wonder about our mission is meant to be this time."

Jace Blauschwert turned back toward the terminal and scanned over the convoy positioned down the asphalt. He'd ordered his Blue Swords to fly ahead of him and dress as tourists. They were meant to nonchalantly follow him throughout his time in Shanghai. The leader of the fireteam assumed that the Circle knew about this but had not bothered to tell them.
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."
~ Ernest Hemingway

"Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Chedastan
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:07 pm

Nathan looked at Gerard and William, he had been pretty much as ready as one can, he had been of course checking his equipment before hand. "Yeah, I'm good to go." He responded to them. Nathan of course had little to no worry that William was competent for what they were going to be doing shortly, if he wasn't, he probably wouldn't had been team leader then. Nathan then quickly went over a rough idea of what's probably going to happened on their mission in his head, just to be sure he got it right, which he did of course, because this seemed pretty straight forward as far as extracting is concern. But then Nathan reminded himself of Briggs, who could easily end up complicating things depending on just whatever happens when they get there. All Nathan could really hope for is that shit doesn't hit the fan, or at least not as bad.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Shanghai, China
Agent Gamma

Gamma refrained from answering either of them especially Cavor (someone she personally would avoid, but never voiced it – her ambivalent attitude toward him was enough); instead her attention was fixated upon Phi and where she was leading their group toward. They were approaching the Terminal Doors and Gamma spotted the man-of-the-hour standing there, oddly by himself and quite confident in his security.

She bit back a smile at the thought of his safety. Granted they were in the airport, but half a dozen situations sprang to mind, all ended with mass confusion and a dead recruit. At least that was what happened to McIntyre; poor fellow thought he had the one up on them for his own goals. What a pity, if Gamma had to account for general aesthetics, McIntyre wasn’t a bad looking person at all.

“Our newest member is here to greet us,” she said in a quiet polite tone. She stared at the two of them, “I needn’t remind you that grandstanding isn’t something we’d care to go over so do remind yourselves to do that on your own time. Especially you, Cavor,” was all she allowed herself to say. Choice words for choice situations – or in Cavor’s case, choice person. She had long since done away with the notion of attempting to figure out his odd mental instabilities. At least Jace had the good grace to comport himself wherever he went, a mannerism she herself shared.

Phi, Delta and the built blonde guy dubbed Omega were already awaiting them at the entrance. Introductions seemed necessary as the air would only turn noticeably awkward.

“Mr. Felix Dahlin,” Gamma said with a smile, extending a hand gracefully. “A pleasure to finally meet your acquaintance; I see you’ve met my fellow colleagues here and these two gentlemen by me are Marcus Cavor and Jace Blauschwert.”

Lenciland
Minister

Founded: Jun 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lenciland » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Shanghai Pudong Airport, Shanghai, China
Felix watched with an almost child-like delight as the Circle members exited their airplane and made their way into the terminal. Blauschwert was the one Felix knew the best because of their long hours of therapy after his injuries, but he had read the files on the agents and Cavor and new the basics about them. As they approached, he saw Gamma flash a slight smile when she saw him standing alone. He supposed that she was just as excited as she was, or maybe she was thinking about something else.
"Hello Genevieve, may I call you Genevieve," Dahlin said with a knowing smile," I know your flight must have last for hours and you must be tired. Hello everyone, it's nice to see you after so long. Blauschwert, I was beginning to wonder if you were ever going to show up again. I always thought that you might show up again, in full force and with back up." Again Dahlin smiled,"Should we finish this conversation in the car?"
Quotes:
The Land Fomerly Known as Ligerplace wrote:
Lenciland wrote:No there is no Messiah only the Misoiah and that is the Greta One. Bombadil and I am his prophet.

Misoyah Heathens, there is only the one true Ass.
Lo, for his prophet Andy Kaufman came down from on high, to show the ways of the troll.

Karlsreich wrote:And on the fourth day, God created Saturn. And he liked it. So he put a ring on it.

C is for colonies. Rightly we boast. That of all the great nations. Great Britain has the most.
Lenciland & Saint Kitten, neighbors in Hell.
Cthulu be praised!!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse