NATION

PASSWORD

A Tale of a Kingdom [OOC/OPEN/REBOOT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

A Tale of a Kingdom [OOC/OPEN/REBOOT]

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:42 am

A Tale of a Kingdom

IC Thread
Spotted a great IC post? Put it here!
Map (see below)

OP: The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Co-op:Tomia
The reboot is live! New story, map, and all!

It have been fourty years since the last king of Mandorgan of the Dragonbane line passed away. His passing came with the return of the Dwarves and Elves to this world, and with no heir, civil war ensued. Far in the north, the Elves and Dwarves were crushed - and have since then never been seen again in this world. Rebels from north and south, east and west, waged war for the throne, until the eventual victory of Jon Torren of the province of Tamlar, and his newly wed wife, of House Minerva of Lavandia. Their foes forced to surrender, the Torrens took the throne, and Mandorgan was unified once more. The king had children, among who his heir, crown prince Robert Torren. The Kingdom prospered like it had in it's glory days under the Dragonbane line.
It was twenty years ago that the first problems started. One faithful night, something of great mystery happened - the moon was high in the sky as always, but it was no longer alone, for a second moon had appeared, one with a faint purple glow. Riots erupted, and though these were soon quelled, an insidious threat began rising, that of a new religion, in worship of twin deities - like the moons high above. The second moon had another effect, too: it appeared more mages were born.

Since the start of winter, the King Jon Torren has been struck by illness, and become bedridden ever since. Many of the heirs of Torren's old enemies have become to question his rule once again, only held back from going into all-out war by the cold winds of winter. More enemies have formed throughout the Kingdom, in the form of the worshippers of the moons who now, judging the Torren line unworthy, seek to place "The Chosen", the Lord of Edhennod and the Brigand Hills, on the throne. As winter comes to end and spring is close, the stakes are set high...

I feel like I should add some OOC explanation about everything, but there's not much to say, really. This is a rebooted, repolished version of a RP I held over a year ago - we all had a lot of fun, yaddayadda. We're looking at something Game of Thrones-esque, with some other stuff mixed in for added coolness (trust me, I should know!). Below you'll find ze rules, the apps, map, and a bit on the gods (for the first time in the history of this RP, ever!).

The 'Old' Gods

For thousands of years, the people of Mandorhan have worshipped five gods, simply referred to as "the Gods". Legend says that long ago, these gods intervened in the affairs of mortals, but have long stopped doing so: many noble families claim they are related to at least one of the gods, referring to these myths. The five Gods are the Farmer, whom is the hard worker and represents the common man; the Judge, who represents order and rightiousness; the Lover, who represents those in love, and love for others; the Warrior, who represents honor and combat; and the Shade, who represents travellers, mystery, and trickery. The people of old Mandorgan never bothered to give them any other names - tssk!

The 'Moon' Gods

The faith in two twin gods is very new - born in the wake of the coming of the second moon. Those that adhere to this faith believe that the two moons represent The Light and The Darkness, two eternal gods that are eachother's opposite, but both benelovent rules. Where one stands for death, the other stands for life. Where one stands for justice, the other stands for the opposite, injustice; and so forth. Worshippers are currently a minority, and are mostly found in the Province of Edhennod. Worship is currently not outlawed, but frowned upon in public.

The Rules

1. No godmodding and/or metagaming
2. Do not insult other people in the OOC, and do not use the IC to insult people.
3. OP and Co-OP's word is law.
4. No oneliners. Try to post at least one to two paragraphs of text per post. A paragraph should at least be 4 sentences of moderate size.
5. All NS rules apply.
6. The RP may include mature content. Keep your depictions in line with the NS rules.
7. Obligatory line about having fun.
8. No cannons, rifles, pistols and such. Ie; no gunpowder. Crossbows are the max.
9. Please check if the location you're picking for your Province hasn't been taken.
10. Just humans, please. Dwarves and Elves have faded into myth. Cheers![/url]

The App

Finally! You made it! You reached the app! Where others have fallen before you, lost to the sea of text above you, you made it! You have been chosen! (that actually sounds more like a Bioware game than I intend) Finally! You can start filling it in now, for you surely wish to join this RP-o-awesome, don't you?

You can opt to create a Province, a Character, or both! You can only have one Province, and several characters - there's no strict number on characters. If you wish to eventually make an app for every one of your House members (pfft!), I won't stop you - but if you wish to make 20 different characters, I will.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Titles:[/b] (if appropriate)
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [PICTURES IN SPOILERS, PLEASE!]
[b]Personal Belongings:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]

Code: Select all
[size=125][u][b]The Province of [NAME][/b][/u][/size]
[b]Location:[/b] [number from map]
[b]Geographical Information:[/b]
[b]Climate:[/b]
[b]Capitol City:[/b]
[b]Population:[/b]
[b]Major exports:[/b]
[b]Notable for:[/b]
[b]Military size:[/b]
[b]Military strengths:[/b]
[b]Military weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Ruling House:[/b]
[b]House banner:[/b]
[b]Head of House:[/b]
[b]Members of House:[/b]

The Map

Another link to the map!

Claimed numbers:
Hearthlands: OP/Co-Op/etc. Capital Province. Currently held by the Royal Family.
2 - Province of Nethrim [Indo-pasif archipelago]
3 (islands beside 3) - Province of Sturmingia [Der Kaiser Mikey III]
5 - Province of Steirphos [Yuzhou]
6 - Province of Nocturnal [Masimino]
8 - The Umberlands [Serretes]
10 - Province of Agralia [The Starlight]
11 - Province of Rodan [Argentarino]
15 - Province of Harodia [Kanatistan]
19 - Province of Sanddeep [New Roman Empire]
20 - Province of Vozah Heim [Eddoren]
22 - Province of Tamlar [Tomia]
24 - Province of Edhennod and the Brigand Hills [Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness]
25 - Province of Kuvira [Aldnoah]
28 - Province of Lavandia [Nuridia]
30 - Province of Austen [Feichland]
? - Unknown Lands, unclaimable and only rumored to exist.
Last edited by The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 am, edited 10 times in total.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:43 am

Reserved.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:49 am

I'll reserve this one, too.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Austro Hungarian
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austro Hungarian » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:56 am

Tagging.

I can see great things for this RP.
Click here to join my role plays:
None at this moment.

Jute
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 28, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Jute » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Sounds pretty cool, medieval tech. rps are rare here, and I usually like them more than the common Modern Tech. rps. However, I have unfortunately a lot to do at the moment, so I won't apply right away, since I'm not sure if I currently have the time for it.
Carl Sagan, astrophysicist and atheist wrote:"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality.
When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages,
when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling,
that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual...
The notion that science and spirituality are somehow mutually exclusive does a disservice to both."
Italios wrote:Jute's probably some sort of Robin Hood-type outlaw
"Boys and girls so happy, young and gay / Don't let false worldly joy carry your hearts away."

See the Jutean language! Talk to me about all. Avian air force flag (via) Is Religion Dangerous?

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:45 pm

Tag, reserving 22 for Tamlar.
Last edited by Tomia on Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:04 pm

Reserving 24 for Lavandia.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Serretes
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 26, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Serretes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:06 pm

The Province of Umberlands (WiP)
Geographical Information: Wide and open. Along the border with 7, there are low mountains and the river Umber. The western coast is an impregnable marsh. The north coast is relatively open. Coniferous forests abound, and hardwoods struggle to survive. In the east is a bay, which allows for easy shipping.
Climate: Cold, windy, and rainy. Summers are too short and winters too long. Even in the summer, the ground is know to frost over.
Capitol City: Braedenholm
Population: I will be a bit liberal with this, 175,000. Tell me if it needs to be decreased.
Major exports: Wool, barley, timber, iron, and stone.
Notable for: Raiders and a sense of freedom. The overwhelming majority of people believe in tree spirits that move about on the earth. Generally, ash trees are considered most sacred. Cutting down a family’s ash tree is subject to execution, as spirits of the dead are absorbed by ash trees. (Will write more in my IC posts.)
Military size: 16,500
Military strengths:
A group of battle-hardened veterans, numbering around 7,000 that make up the core of the military. They fight in simple shield-walls and boar snout formations.
A decent navy. Many of the people along the coast grew up sailing, therefore it is relatively easy to raise a fleet.
Horses abound in the interior, allowing for light cavalry bands to be raised when needed.
Military weaknesses: The rest of the army is somewhat untrained and raised from the local farmers and peasants. Also, the army is fractured as various local lords lead their own bands of professional soldiers that do not always work together well.

Ruling House: House Braeden of Braedenholm
House banner: A leaping black wolf on a white field.
Head of House: Uhtred Braeden (25)
Members of House: Asa Braeden (23) Uhtred the Younger (5) Uhtred the Elder (67) Assorted cousins.
Last edited by Serretes on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sansa Stark is the best Game of Thrones character, closely followed by Theon Greyjoy.

Southern Babylonia wrote:"Even if I pay for the larger half myself?"
"Serretes, we're not renting you a prostitute!" :p

Please Disregard Any Posts Made In The Diplomacy Forums Before May 30, 2014.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:10 pm

The island is 6. Geographical info is just a description of the province's geography. Go ahead with a uniwue religion :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Serretes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Serretes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:12 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:The island is 6. Geographical info is just a description of the province's geography. Go ahead with a uniwue religion :P

Looks like I know what I am annexing first. Ill add some other stuff later.
Sansa Stark is the best Game of Thrones character, closely followed by Theon Greyjoy.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Hey Dutch, do I have to make new apps for all the Torren chars I played last time?

Name:Olivia "Liv" Manox
Titles: None
Appearance: (auburn hair)

Personal Belongings: Her fans, her dancing shoes and outfits, a silver hand mirror that was her grandmother's, a makeup set, another dancing fan with a hidden bladed rim, a handcrafted dagger and a red ribbon from her mother. Also Noire, her little black dog.
Bio: Olivia Madeleine Manx was born to a family of tailors, her mother and grandmother were weavers and lacemakers and they made clothes for traveling performers and nobles alike so they had a pretty good business and although they weren't wealthy the family lived comfortably enough. Olivia was different from other middle class girls her age, not so much due to her unusual red eye color but because she liked to be the center of attention when most girls liked to fade into the background. She grew up with a good education expecting to become a lacemaker and with any luck marry a minor noble but from the start the young and spirited girl knew that wasn't the life she wanted. Her family had supported the Torrens in their war efforts and were pleased when they became rulers, Olivia's brother Henry serves as a general in King Jon's army.

One day when she turned five years old, the little girl went on a delivery with her parents to deliver some newly tailored outfits to a travelling dance troupe. As reward for their services, the family was allowed to stay and watch the performance for free. Seeing the girls dance and move so gracefully and how beautiful they looked in their costumes enchanted Olivia and from that day forward she knew that she wanted to become a dancer. She begged her parents to let her take classes but they refused as any kind of travelling performing was seen as promiscuous and unrespectable for women of means to aspire to, the stuff of prostitutes. Still Olivia found one of the dancers to teach her and she began to take classes and go to shows secretly, she knew that this was her calling and what she was meant to do. One day her parents found out that Olivia was secretly dancing and were furious. They hurriedly arranged a marriage for her and demanded that she get married and stop dancing or leave their house. Olivia chose to pursue her dream to be a dancer and one day left with a troupe called the Spade Girls after leaving a note for her parents. She is now a professional dancer and happy with it, she has learned and seen much on her travels which places her in a weird position as dancers due to their travelling are in high demand as war spies.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Trisian
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Reserve 1 please.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Preferably - though you can include them in your province app, too, which is perfectly fine. Going over your app in a sec.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Cool. I might edit to make her a mage though.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Considering as an interest.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Serretes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Serretes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:23 pm

Do you need character apps for all my characters? Also, my app is pretty much complete.
Finally, can we add characters later on if we need them?

RPGers
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Reserving nineteen
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
DEFCON: 5
I pretend to know everything when I know nearly nothing.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
Despite popular belief, I am actually against gambling
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to the person reading this
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about
proved by the fact I made this

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:24 pm

Serretes wrote:Do you need character apps for all my characters? Also, my app is pretty much complete.

No, judt for main characters. Will go over it in a sec.
And yes, you can.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Nuridia wrote:Hey Dutch, do I have to make new apps for all the Torren chars I played last time?

Personal Belongings: Her fans, her dancing shoes and outfits, a silver hand mirror that was her grandmother's, a makeup set, another dancing fan with a hidden bladed rim, a handcrafted dagger and a red ribbon from her mother. Also Noire, her little black dog.
Bio: Olivia Madeleine Manx was born to a family of tailors, her mother and grandmother were weavers and lacemakers and they made clothes for traveling performers and nobles alike so they had a pretty good business and although they weren't wealthy the family lived comfortably enough. Olivia was different from other middle class girls her age, not so much due to her unusual red eye color but because she liked to be the center of attention when most girls liked to fade into the background. She grew up with a good education expecting to become a lacemaker and with any luck marry a minor noble but from the start the young and spirited girl knew that wasn't the life she wanted. Her family had supported the Torrens in their war efforts and were pleased when they became rulers, Olivia's brother Henry serves as a general in King Jon's army.

One day when she turned five years old, the little girl went on a delivery with her parents to deliver some newly tailored outfits to a travelling dance troupe. As reward for their services, the family was allowed to stay and watch the performance for free. Seeing the girls dance and move so gracefully and how beautiful they looked in their costumes enchanted Olivia and from that day forward she knew that she wanted to become a dancer. She begged her parents to let her take classes but they refused as any kind of travelling performing was seen as promiscuous and unrespectable for women of means to aspire to, the stuff of prostitutes. Still Olivia found one of the dancers to teach her and she began to take classes and go to shows secretly, she knew that this was her calling and what she was meant to do. One day her parents found out that Olivia was secretly dancing and were furious. They hurriedly arranged a marriage for her and demanded that she get married and stop dancing or leave their house. Olivia chose to pursue her dream to be a dancer and one day left with a troupe called the Spade Girls after leaving a note for her parents. She is now a professional dancer and happy with it, she has learned and seen much on her travels which places her in a weird position as dancers due to their travelling are in high demand as war spies.

Accepted.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Serretes wrote:The Province of Umberlands (WiP)
Geographical Information: Wide and open. Along the border with 7, there are low mountains and the river Umber. The western coast is an impregnable marsh. The north coast is relatively open. Coniferous forests abound, and hardwoods struggle to survive. In the east is a bay, which allows for easy shipping.
Climate: Cold, windy, and rainy. Summers are too short and winters too long. Even in the summer, the ground is know to frost over.
Capitol City: Braedenholm
Population: I will be a bit liberal with this, 175,000. Tell me if it needs to be decreased.
Major exports: Wool, barley, timber, iron, and stone.
Notable for: Raiders and a sense of freedom. The overwhelming majority of people believe in tree spirits that move about on the earth. Generally, ash trees are considered most sacred. Cutting down a family’s ash tree is subject to execution, as spirits of the dead are absorbed by ash trees. (Will write more in my IC posts.)
Military size: 16,500
Military strengths:
A group of battle-hardened veterans, numbering around 7,000 that make up the core of the military. They fight in simple shield-walls and boar snout formations.
A decent navy. Many of the people along the coast grew up sailing, therefore it is relatively easy to raise a fleet.
Horses abound in the interior, allowing for light cavalry bands to be raised when needed.
Military weaknesses: The rest of the army is somewhat untrained and raised from the local farmers and peasants. Also, the army is fractured as various local lords lead their own bands of professional soldiers that do not always work together well.

Ruling House: House Braeden of Braedenholm
House banner: A leaping black wolf on a white field.
Head of House: Uhtred Braeden (25)
Members of House: Asa Braeden (23) Uhtred the Younger (5) Uhtred the Elder (67) Assorted cousins.

Accepted.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Serretes
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Serretes » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:27 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Serretes wrote:Do you need character apps for all my characters? Also, my app is pretty much complete.

No, judt for main characters. Will go over it in a sec.
And yes, you can.

Sounds great. Then Ill make one for Uhtred and maybe add some later.

EDIT: Here is the app for Uhtred.
Name: Uhtred Braeden of Braedenholm
Titles: King of the Umberlands
Appearance: Tall, muscular, long tawny hair, and brilliant green eyes. His shoulder is covered in a massive scar, caused by him failing to catch an axe blow into his shoulder. His beard is the same color as his hair, and he typically plaits it into three plaits.
Personal Belongings: A warhorse, named Witnere. A mail coat, made of fine steel that reaches his mid-thigh and his elbow. A beautifully decorated helmet, covered in silver foil depictions of his accomplishments as well as those of his forefathers. It has cheek plates, somewhat like the Vendel helmets of 7th century Sweden. His helmet is worth quite a bit and is as much a status symbol as a head protection. A sword named Ice (cause I love GoT that much) and a scramaseax named Death’s Wail.
Bio: Uhtred was born as son of the leading earl of the Umberlands late in his father’s life. He was the only child to survive childhood and grew strong. By the time he was 17 he had a name as well as reputation for himself of wanton violence. Men feared him. He married the daughter of another Umberland earl the following year. 2 years later he declared his father insane, which was not incorrect, and took over the ruling of the family holding and therefore all the Umberlands.
Last edited by Serretes on Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Austro Hungarian
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Austro Hungarian » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:28 pm

The Province of FalconHolt (WIP)
Geographical Information:WIP
Climate: Hot, and humid. Summers are long and winters are short, it is known that the temperature can last in the hundred for month's.
Capitol City: Rayhaven
Population: 86,500
Major exports: Iron, stone, sugar cane, wine, and wood
Notable for: Wine
Military size: 11,400
Military strengths: WIP
Military weaknesses:WIP

Ruling House: House of Ohenri
House banner: Will include a pic later
Head of House: Urlfic Ohenri VII (43)
Members of House: Elizabeth Ohenri (34), Mary Ohenri(7), Johnathan Ohenri (21)
Click here to join my role plays:
None at this moment.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Austro Hungarian wrote:The Province of FalconHolt (WIP)
Geographical Information:WIP
Climate: Hot, and humid. Summers are long and winters are short, it is known that the temperature can last in the hundred for month's.
Capitol City: Rayhaven
Population: 86,500
Major exports: Iron, stone, sugar cane, wine, and wood
Notable for: Wine
Military size: 11,400
Military strengths: WIP
Military weaknesses:WIP

Ruling House: House of Ohenri
House banner: Will include a pic later
Head of House: Urlfic Ohenri VII (43)
Members of House: Elizabeth Ohenri (34), Mary Ohenri(7), Johnathan Ohenri (21)

That's quite a high military/population ratio. Please lower the first, or raise the second.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:31 pm

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
Nuridia wrote:Hey Dutch, do I have to make new apps for all the Torren chars I played last time?

Thanks very much.

Accepted.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Name: Aeris Torren (nee Van Pels)
Titles: (if appropriate) Crown Princess of Mandragoran, Queen Regent of Mandragoran(in name), Duchess of Osgarde
Appearance: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/313140980314863184/
Personal Belongings: A pendant that her husband Robert Torren got her during their courtship, her staff and spellbooks, various enchanted objects and gems that she carries in a small chest, her wedding ring, several gowns and tiaras and her sword.
Bio: Aeris van Pels was born as the second of three children of Lord Michael and Lady Astrid van Pels that ruled over the lands of Osgarde, a coastal duchy in Tamlar and they lived a way of life similar to noble Vikings. The noble van Pels family was famous for their mastery of the seas and the ships that they built, several of them are in the Royal Navy and sailing is taught to all children from an early age. They were ardent supporters of Jon Torren during his conquest and built and commanded several of the Tamlar navy's ships during that great war. Aeris was given a superb education which included history, the sciences, cartography, arithmetic and war tactics, normally reserved for noble boys. She was a bright and witty child that grew quickly and into a renowned beauty, her odd silver hair that she was born with put off some people though. Her parents were more than confident that they would find a good match for their daughter to a high ranking nobleman. One day however at the age of seven, Aeris was helping build a ship when all of a sudden a bolt of red magic came out of her hand when she was frightened. Her parents were scared and wondered what was wrong, they took her to the Holy Temple of the Old Gods and discovered that their middle child had been born a mage. Aeris at first was frightened by this discovery but then she learned to relish in it, taking her magical education from several powerful wizards until she became a great mage in her own right. Growing up close to the Royal Family meant a lot of visits with the Torrens and as a child she often played with Jon and Chloe's children, especially Crown Prince Robert to whom she grew quite close. They became the best of friends and spent much of their time together, Robert wasn't even scared of her being a mage. Eventually they fell in love and married when Aeris turned eighteen. She had their children Hector and Vanessa Torren and is happy and content with her life, although she fears that it may not last long in these times.

CODE: SELECT ALL
The Province of [Lavandia]
Geographical Information: hilly plains that stretch across most of the province with thick forests in the east and north and a long chain of rivers that wind through the land from mountains that border most of the province. The climate there is perfect for growing cereal crops such as wheat, corn and oats and other grains giving rise to its nickname as the kingdom's breadbasket.
Climate: Windy, wet and temperate with seasonal rainfall and dry in the autumn and winters. Warm for the most part and a great environment for farming.
Capitol City: Heimland
Population: 85,000
Major exports: wheat, corn, oats, grains, bread, cereals, wood.
Notable for: Producing most of the wheat and bread in the continent, being the home province of Chloe Torren.
Military size: 8,500
Military strengths: Cavalry, foot soldiers and archers
Military weaknesses: mages and the rear guard.

Ruling House: House Minerva (now Minerva-Torren)
House banner: A field of purple with a golden sun rising in the back shining over golden wheat crops(House Minvera's banner)
Head of House: Drusilla Torren rules the province, but Ismene Minerva is the head of House Minerva
Members of House: Queen Chloe Minerva Torren(deceased)
Lady Ismene Minerva-Kyle
Ismene's children, Lumina Kyle, Jett Kyle and Apollo Kyle
Ismene's husband William Kyle
Crown Prince Robert Torren, Princess Drusilla Torren, Prince Evander Torren and Princess Theda Torren(maternally)
Drusilla's children: Princess Tatiana Torren(now married to Lord Daven and has two sons, a daughter and is currently pregnant)
Prince Nicholas Torren
Last edited by Nuridia on Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse