NATION

PASSWORD

Dixie Days and Yankee Nights: 1948 (AH, OOC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Dixie Days and Yankee Nights: 1948 (AH, OOC, Open)

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:37 pm

Inspired by Harry Turtledove's Settling Accounts Series...

The World has been thrown into Chaos once more. Following the Entente's (British Empire, CSA, Italy, and Russia) defeat at the hands of the Central Powers (France, Germany, the US, Austria-Hungry, and Quebecois resistance fighters), the British Empire, was portioned off (South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada went to the US, India has become independent, and the rest of British Africa has gone to Germany and France), the Confederate States, lay in ruins, forced to pay reparations to the United States, and Russia fell apart bitterly. In the 1930s, the Rise of Fascism began. From the Blackshirts in Britain, to the Sons of Dixie in the CSA, the former Entente powers, are radicalised, heavily armed, and ready to retake their empires.

Now, with greater tools of warfare than ever before, the world is ready for another climatic confrontation....

Timeline:

1863:

January 1863: Britain, recognizes the Confederacy, and begins providing it with weapons and troops.
July 1863: Union forces are narrowly defeated by Confederate and British forces at Gettysburg.

1864:

May 1864: with Stalemate clear, the new President of the United States, Clement Laird Vallandigham, sues for peace, and is forced to recognize the Confederacy. Vallandigham's Presidency represents the last office ever held by a Democrat before the Party disbands later that year.

1898:

Fashoda Incident: War between France and Britain breaks out, ending indecisively. The conflict destroys Anglo-French relations, and subsequently drives the French to build ties with the United States, and eventually Imperial Germany.

1914:

July 1914: War breaks out in Europe. French and German troops attack Russia, whose ally, Britain comes to her aid. The US and the Confederacy mobilize.
August 1914: The Confederacy, declares war on the United States, followed by Britain. In response, the United States, quickly seizes large swaths of Canada. The Confederacy, shells Washington and border towns. Fighting occurs along the banks of the Ohio River and the Mississippi.
September 1914: Canadian forces surrender at Toronto, and Ottawa is lost.

1918:

November 1918: With the Confederacy no longer able to export supplies to Britain, and her shipping being slowly squeezed by the Combined Navies of the US, France, and Germany, the UK is forced to sue for peace. The Treaty of Berlin follows, Britain's empire is taken away, and the Confederacy is forced to pay reparations. Quebec, becomes independent.

1929:

October 1929: The Stock Market crashes, the world falls into Rapid Economic decline. Around the world, people find their life savings useless overnight. In the Confederacy, which still relies on slave labor, wealthy landowners weigh out the storm, but subsequently begin to support Fascist Parties, which support their continued use of slavery.

1930:

July 1930: The right-wing, fascist Freedom Party (aka The Sons of Dixie), win in a landslide victory over the Emancipation Party (which supports freeing enslaved African Americans for an economic boost). The Freedom Party continues to win elections to the current day.

1935:

November 1935: The British Union of Fascists wins a plurality in the House of Commons, under the promise that the British Empire will be rebuilt.

1936:

December 1936: The United States officially annexes the rest of Canada.

1938:

September 1938: The US officially exits the Great Depression, becoming one of the first nations to do so, however, the Fascist fever around the world continues to spread and gain traction.

More to follow.

Applications/Signups:
NATION SIGNUPS
Code: Select all

NS Name:
Nation Name:
Leader(s):
System of Government:
Military Size (state each Branch):
Primary Fighter Aircraft:
Primary Bomber:
Primary Capital Ship:
Allies:
Brief Summary of your nation from 1863:
RP Sample:

---235 Don't Remove----

Rebel Group:
NS Name:
Name of Party/Faction:
Country Operating in:
Allies:
Tactics:
RP Sample:

----235 Don't Remove----

Taken Nations:
The United States of America----Organized States
FRIME----Alleniana
CSA---Coldwater
Mexico----Bolovia
Taken Groups:
Bluecoats (Organization for the Liberation of the South)----Mars
State Party----Paketo

Reserved:
Imperial Germany
Quebec and Southern Ontario

Admin:
Questions?
TG me, I'd be happy to answer any of your questions.
COOP
I'm looking for a COOP, they would have my permission to make requests to moderation to remove spam, and help me rule on issues.

Rules:
General RPing rules apply (No metagames, no godmodding, etc)
Last edited by Organized States on Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:32 am, edited 9 times in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Alleniana wrote:Is there map?

Working on it right now.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Organized States wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Is there map?

Working on it right now.

Will it set all nations' borders, or only major powers?

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Organized States wrote:Working on it right now.

Will it set all nations' borders, or only major powers?

Major Powers. Most of Africa and Asia will be open, as well as Russia.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:48 pm

Organized States wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Will it set all nations' borders, or only major powers?

Major Powers. Most of Africa and Asia will be open, as well as Russia.

I'd like Quebec to have Southern Ontario as well.
I'm really tired

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:57 pm

NS Name: Paketo
Name of Party/Faction: State Party
Country Operating in: CSA
Allies: None at this point in time
Tactics: political campaigning across the country, use of a paramilitary force called the Greyshirts to fight off opposing political parties and protect leaders.
RP Sample:
Paketo wrote:Athens, Greece

2 men were hunched over a table in the royal palace. The table had maps, reports, troop numbers, and figures all over it. "Now will be the Time to strike Perseus" said one of the men. He was Constantine Palagonias, king of Greece since his father died in 1905. "Yes, it is Constantine. I will mobilize 50,000 men and have them at the Turkish border in two week" said the other man. He is General Perseus, leader of the Greek armed forces. "Good" responded the King "finally, my ambitions will come to be. Soon the Byzantine Empire will be born again from our great nation". "I will go now to start the mobilizing of the troops" stated Perseus. The king looked up at him and replied with happiness "you may leave. I know that you will complete this conquest for me, thank you my most prized general". Perseus nodded and then left the room. Constantine looked down onto the map and put his finger on the spot that will be the crown jewel of the empire. Constantinople, the old imperial capital will once again be the empires seat of power once the conquests of Greece are complete. The King then started to put everything away and back into storage, no one could see the plans that had been laid out. Constantine was done in 30 minutes and then proceeded to the Throne room.

A few minutes after his arrival in the Throne room, a messenger entered. "What requires my attention messenger" asked the King. "We have received a offer of a trade agreement from the Wheat Isles" relayed the messenger handing the message to Constantine. After reading the message, Constantine wrote a message in response and gave it to the messenger. The message read:

To: King Wheat of the Wheat Isles

I, Constantine Palagonias King of Greece, accept your offer of trade between our two nations. We hope this will not only strengthen our relations but usher in a new era of friendship between our nations. We are open to more possible offers in the future.

Sincerely,
Constantine Palagonias King of Greece

After the messenger left, Constantine turned to his royal advisers and inquired "are there any elections or votes taking place soon". One of the advisers took a a piece of paper out of his bag, looked over and then gave the king answer "the election for the Governor of Athens will take place this month and the people have voted in favor of the new law to preserve the ancient sites of Greece". Constantine nodded and then dismissed the advisors. Constantine sat on his throne after that and rested. 10 minutes later, General Perseus returned and had a favor to ask of the king. The general wanted Constantine to give a speech to the soldiers to improve their morale. Constantine agreed and left with General to a Army Base just outside the city. Upon their arrival, the entire base was gathered around the stage where he King would speak. As the Constantine walked onto the stage, he was meet cheers from the men. When the soldiers quited down, the king began.

"My fellow Greeks, you are soldiers. You are the ones who protect all of Greece, you are the ones that keep everyone safe. Look to you right and to our left, that man next to you is a proud Greek just like yourself. All of you were willing to serve our great country and all of you will do Greece proud. I believe in you, the Generals believe in you, the people believe in you but the most important thing is for you to believe in yourself. If you believe in your self ther is no one who will stop you in your quest to protect Greece"

The speech was met with cheers and laughs. The men's morale was much improved from the speech. Constantine then took his leave back to the palace after saying farewell to the troops.

East Madagascar

Governor Orion Palagonias ruled over the Greek colony of East Madagascar. He is the younger brother of Constantine and given the job of ruling the vital colony. The colony was important to Greece because of the newly discovered Gem deposits in the north. The Gems gave Greece a major economic boost and the Gems were the primary reasons for the war on the republic of East Madagascar. The Governor was going through papers when he came across a letter from the king

"How are you little brother? I just wanted it check on you and he colony. How is the colony doing with it's great leader in charge"

The short letter gave Orion a good laugh and then he sent a replay back to the king.

"The colony is doing well big brother. There seems to be plenty of gems left to be harvested still and the crops are bountiful. The 10,000 Marines stationed here are in top shape and ready to squash any rebellion that the natives try to start. You might as well be told that the next gem shipment to Greece should be in a week"

----235 Don't Remove----
Last edited by Paketo on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:
Oh god, the universe will explode, everyone to your bunkers

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:18 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Organized States wrote:Major Powers. Most of Africa and Asia will be open, as well as Russia.

I'd like Quebec to have Southern Ontario as well.

I'm working on the map, let me get back to on that.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:21 pm

I might be interested in France, depending on the territory.

What's the status of nukes? In development, not even heard of, already used/tested?

Vaque
Secretary

Founded: May 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaque » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:23 pm

NS Name: Vaque

Name of Party/Faction: National Syndicalist Worker's Party

Country Operating in: Southern Mexico

Allies: N/A

Tactics: Discrimination and violent tactics against ethnic Mexicans to be replaced with their own government and ethnicity of their choice.

RP Sample: Ever since the dethronement of the Mexican Empire in 1867, an organization began to be created underground in the deep south of Mexico where inhabitants were few. Since their organization was unknown at the time and members began to flock to the banner of a right-wing ideology that began to be known to us today as National Syndicalism. Syndicalism was influenced by the ideals of Charles Maurras, who was alive during the Civil War, but the ideology was unheard of during that time. Now it is 1948. Over five thousand worth of manpower with plenty of rations, weapons, ammunition, and boots have been picked individually for their fanatical belief in the ideology. A new Mexican Empire with either an Austrian Archduke, or a French Noblesman will be created.

(and, um, since I RARELY respond to topics it would be an idea if you were to telegram me if I were needed.)
----235 Don't Remove----
Last edited by Vaque on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please, telegram if you wish to know anything, ask random questions, or just plain talk. I do not mind a good chat once in awhile via telegram since I'm barely on the forums.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Mishmahig wrote:I might be interested in France, depending on the territory.

What's the status of nukes? In development, not even heard of, already used/tested?

Ok, Original Colonial Holdings plus some of the British Colonies in Africa (excluding South Africa).

Nuclear Weapons, are in development, but won't be used in this.

Also, could someone else do the map?

I'll TG you what you need to know.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Vaque wrote:NS Name: Vaque

Name of Party/Faction: National Syndicalist Worker's Party

Country Operating in: Southern Mexico

Allies: N/A

Tactics: Discrimination and violent tactics against ethnic Mexicans to be replaced with their own government and ethnicity of their choice.

RP Sample: Ever since the dethronement of the Mexican Empire in 1867, an organization began to be created underground in the deep south of Mexico where inhabitants were few. Since their organization was unknown at the time and members began to flock to the banner of a right-wing ideology that began to be known to us today as National Syndicalism. Syndicalism was influenced by the ideals of Charles Maurras, who was alive during the Civil War, but the ideology was unheard of during that time. Now it is 1948. Over five thousand worth of manpower with plenty of rations, weapons, ammunition, and boots have been picked individually for their fanatical belief in the ideology. A new Mexican Empire with either an Austrian Archduke, or a French Noblesman will be created.

(and, um, since I RARELY respond to topics it would be an idea if you were to telegram me if I were needed.)
----235 Don't Remove----

I'm going to need a sample, as in a previous RP, not the history of the group.

Also, the other apps are accepted.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:28 pm

A glorious dibs on the Kaiser, since FoE is crawling.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:30 pm

May I reserve Mexico?

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:30 pm

OS, what have the sons of Dixie made the country into? Is it like nazi Germany or more like Italy under Mussolini
I'm a Pinarchist, sue me North Carolina is best Carolina States rights is best rights
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Yep, this is the type of "discussion" we have over here. Serious people beware, this place is filled with these things.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Reserve Quebec and Ontario for Republic of Quebec
I'm really tired

Marsisian
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Marsisian » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:33 pm

NS Name: Marsisian
Name of Party/Faction: Organization for the Liberation of the South, mainly known as the Bluecoats
Country Operating in: Confederate States of America
Allies: Central Powers, mainly the US
Tactics: Guerrilla warfare and some accounts of semi-open warfare in Texas
RP Sample: You know me

----235 Don't Remove----
Last edited by Erich von Manstein on June 9, 1973, edited 24 times in total

MGSV: The Phantom Pain hype! Game of the decade!

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Bolovia wrote:May I reserve Mexico?

Northern Mexico is controlled by the CSA.

Rest is reserved.

G-Tech Corporation wrote:A glorious dibs on the Kaiser, since FoE is crawling.

Reserved.

Paketo wrote:OS, what have the sons of Dixie made the country into? Is it like nazi Germany or more like Italy under Mussolini

A mix of the two, without the anti-Semitism though.

Marsisian wrote:NS Name: Marsisian
Name of Party/Faction: Organization for the Liberation of the South, mainly known as the Bluecoats
Country Operating in: Confederate States of America
Allies: Central Powers, mainly the US
Tactics: Guerrilla warfare and some accounts of semi-open warfare in Texas
RP Sample: You know me

----235 Don't Remove----

Accepted.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:34 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Reserve Quebec and Ontario for Republic of Quebec

Reserved.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:35 pm

Organized States wrote:
Mishmahig wrote:I might be interested in France, depending on the territory.

Ok, Original Colonial Holdings plus some of the British Colonies in Africa (excluding South Africa).

Nuclear Weapons, are in development, but won't be used in this.

Also, could someone else do the map?

I'll TG you what you need to know.

TG me the map stuff; I'll give it a shot.

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:37 pm

Organized States wrote:
Paketo wrote:OS, what have the sons of Dixie made the country into? Is it like nazi Germany or more like Italy under Mussolini

A mix of the two, without the anti-Semitism though.

Okay. Also, I would like to ask that my parties powerbase be upper middle class labourers along with a few plantation owners since my party is not against slavery but is against a big federal government
Last edited by Paketo on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

THE NATION OF PIGLANDIA
Attaché

Founded: Mar 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby THE NATION OF PIGLANDIA » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:41 pm

Is any part of Mexico left over? :(
I want to do a thing where all the cartels joined up to form one huge anarchy nation ruled by crime.I think it'd be interesting.
Glory to Piglandia!

Paketo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Paketo » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:42 pm

THE NATION OF PIGLANDIA wrote:Is any part of Mexico left over? :(
I want to do a thing where all the cartels joined up to form one huge anarchy nation ruled by crime.I think it'd be interesting.

...it's 1948
Emilio Aguinaldo wrote:
Paketo wrote:

Mishmahig
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mishmahig » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:42 pm

...I think this is the first time I've seen Mexico go before Britain or the other remaining European powers.
Last edited by Mishmahig on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Musical States of Mikuland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Musical States of Mikuland » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Has the CSA been annexed or is it still alive?
Eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind...
But fuck it! We'll be bats!
-BaRen

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse