NATION

PASSWORD

FOX News: ISIS "Biggest Threat" in American History

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

FOX News: ISIS "Biggest Threat" in American History

Postby The New Sea Territory » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:54 pm

Fox Video:
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/09/21/ju ... -not-ready

Response video I heard it from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTziW-s ... 4dmDt4Cd6A

Ok so basically The Enlightened Judge Jeanine of Fox decided that the usual amount of fearmongering wasn't enough and decided to advise viewers to "batten down the hatches" and watch what your kids read. Because ISIS. Yeah.

All I'm saying now is this is dangerous. Fox News has become a threat to the sanity of 35% of America. What she says is verbatim what I say when I make fun of Fox, which is not really a good thing. When a cynical bastard like myself can't outdo her and blow this further out of proportion, something is terribly wrong. Think of all of American History...Revolution, War of 1812, Native American conflicts, Civil War, WW2 and the Cold War....and somehow one militant group halfway across the world poses more of a threat than the Axis Powers, who controlled most of Europe. Right, that makes sense :palm:

Jeanine should lose her job for saying something so insanely innaccurate.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
Solntsa Roshcha --- Postmodern Poyltheist
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."
-Renzo Novatore, Verso il Nulla Creatore

Atlanticatia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlanticatia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Oh, god. Judge Jeanine is just scary.
Economic Left/Right: -5.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.95

Pros: social democracy, LGBT+ rights, pro-choice, free education and health care, environmentalism, Nordic model, secularism, welfare state, multiculturalism
Cons: social conservatism, neoliberalism, hate speech, racism, sexism, 'right-to-work' laws, religious fundamentalism
i'm a dual american-new zealander previously lived in the northeast US, now living in new zealand. university student.
Social Democrat and Progressive.
Hanna Nilsen, Leader of the SDP. Equality, Prosperity, and Opportunity: The Social Democratic Party

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Atlanticatia wrote:Oh, god. Judge Jeanine is just scary.

Yeah. It is really scary. What is scarier is that human beings can view this without their eyes engulfing in flames.
| Ⓐ | Anarchist Communist | Heideggerian Marxist | Vegetarian | Bisexual | Stirnerite | Slavic/Germanic Pagan | ᛟ |
"Christianity had brutally planted the poisoned blade in the healthy, quivering flesh of all humanity; it had goaded a cold wave
of darkness with mystically brutal fury to dim the serene and festive exultation of the dionysian spirit of our pagan ancestors."

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:04 pm

My parents love Fox News. They are avid Hannity fans and so neo-conservative they could...make a proper expression for how neo-conservative they are.

Even THEY avoid Judge Jeanine because she's "Just a bit too much".
Remember, this is in comparison to SEAN HANNITY.
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:04 pm

Judge Jeanine, the Republican that makes other Republicans rethink their party loyalty. I would like to point out that this neither represents Fox News or the GOP.
Last edited by Skappola on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:07 pm

Skappola wrote:Judge Jeanine, the Republican that makes other Republicans rethink their party loyalty. I would like to point out that this neither represents Fox News or the GOP.

This represents Fox News because they let her speak on live television. It doesn't represent the GOP, but Fox does have a monopoly on conservative mainstream TV news.

The New Sea Territory
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sea Territory » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Occupied Deutschland wrote:My parents love Fox News. They are avid Hannity fans and so neo-conservative they could...make a proper expression for how neo-conservative they are.

Hannity is a lousy excuse for a Republican in comparison to the other members of the Sith Fox propagandists.

The Republic of Merrimont
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Merrimont » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:11 pm

I didn't know a bunch of people in the middle of no where that blow them self's up using mortar's are the biggest threat to the us since the USSR.
░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄
░░░░░░░░▌▒█░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▌
░░░░░░░░▌▒▒█░░░░░░░░▄▀▒▒▒▐
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒▌
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▐
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀▄▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▌
▌▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒▒▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒▐
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒▌
░░░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▄▀
░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▄▀
░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀
The Serbian Empire wrote:You wot m8 with Iggy Azalea?

Czechanada wrote:Also, having strong fingers impresses the girls. ;)

Anglo-California
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo-California » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:11 pm

FOX News has foretold the great prophecy. Us, the loyal, subservient goyim, will take to the front lines in Greater Israel's war, like sheep led to a slaughter. We have always been at war with ISIS.
American nationalist. Secular Traditionalist.
On the American Revolution.

3rd Place for Sexiest Male under 18.
Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce

Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:12 pm

"She should lose her job for saying something like this."

If this was some secularist promoting LGBT rights and I said this, I'd be jumped on immediately, torn out into pieces and spit out.

The great Judge is protected by the first amendment and can say what she chooses, no matter how inaccurate or idiotic /you/ perceive it to be. Freedom. OF. SPEECH.

Secondly, all NationStates does is bash fox. Yet it never bashes MSNBC.

So you bring up ONE conservative commentator and say "Oh, they're insane, they're this, they're that," Yet, leftist hosts like Chris Matthews(who says he gets a thrill up his leg when he sees President Obama), Ed Shultz who says Laura Ingraham, a passionate mother is a slut Oh, and don't forget Al Sharpton, who has made racist, homophobic remarks and constantly encourages people to attack Republicans and conservative-minded people.

You won't hear a peep about them, will you?

ISIS is a threat, not the biggest threat in American History or even right now, but a threat. Russia is currently the biggest thread of our current era and can do more to us than ISIS ever could.

We should focus on that more instead of bashing fox news.
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 pm

The New Sea Territory wrote:
Occupied Deutschland wrote:My parents love Fox News. They are avid Hannity fans and so neo-conservative they could...make a proper expression for how neo-conservative they are.

Hannity is a lousy excuse for a Republican in comparison to the other members of the Sith Fox propagandists.

How dare you compare the noble order of Sith Lords to that trash!
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

Las Palmeras wrote:Roaring 20s but in the future and with mutants

Alyakia wrote:you are a modern poet
Top Hits of 2132! (Imperial Public Radio)
Coming at you from Fort Orwell! (Imperial Forces Network)

Havenic Israel
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 28, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Havenic Israel » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:14 pm

I don't know if I'd say that they're the BIGGEST threat in American history, that'd probably go to the Soviet Union, but they're still a significant enough problem to go beyond 'regional annoyance' to 'they can cause a lot of problems in the homeland.'
The State of Israel
President Chaim Oren
Prime Minister David Herzog
http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/281901/
These results do NOT reflect my nation's views, but my own

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:14 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
The New Sea Territory wrote:

How dare you compare the noble order of Sith Lords to that trash!

Indeed. The Sith tend to be Smart. A bag of hammers is smarter then Hannity.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Skappola wrote:Judge Jeanine, the Republican that makes other Republicans rethink their party loyalty. I would like to point out that this neither represents Fox News or the GOP.

Er? Doesn't she have a show with them?
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:15 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
New Frenco Empire wrote:How dare you compare the noble order of Sith Lords to that trash!

Indeed. The Sith tend to be Smart. A bag of hammers is smarter then Hannity.

A bag of rocks is smarter than him. The question is: Who's smarter? The rocks or the hammers?
Last edited by Skappola on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Draica wrote:
If this was some secularist promoting LGBT rights and I said this, I'd be jumped on immediately, torn out into pieces and spit out.

Except there is nothing wrong with that. Blatant fearmongering, on the other hand, is stupid. It's one thing to say ISIS is a threat, just like saying "gay marriage should be legalized everywhere" is one thing. It's another to shit all over history by claiming ISIS is the biggest threat or by stating those that don't have SSM legalized yet should be bombed or something.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

Transferring information from disorganized notes into presentable factbooks is way too time consuming for a procrastinator. Just ask if you have questions.
Plutocratic Evil Empire™ situated in a post-apocalyptic Decopunk North America. Extreme PMT, yet socially stuck in the interwar/immediate post-war era, with Jazz music and flapper culture alongside nanotechnology and Martian colonies. Tier I power of the Frencoverse.

New Rhodinia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Rhodinia » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:16 pm

Biggest threat in American history? Or does their memory only go back to World War I? Did we completely forget the armies of Great Britain in the 18th century pretty much being the only foreign nation to have official troops on U.S. soil during a war?
New Rhodinia's Factbook
Old New Rhodinian Factbook
Livia Maximus' Rise to the Throne

The 1st World Summit of Leaders
Creating Connections, Building Bridges: Guiding the Way into the 21st Century
OBSERVER NATION

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

More Fox News bullshit. It's honestly not surprising.

ISIS currently poses no threat to the United States.
Last edited by The Orson Empire on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Pictured: a bigger threat in American History than ISIS.

The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Fox News poses a bigger threat to the United States than ISIS ever has or ever will.

New Frenco Empire
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Frenco Empire » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:Biggest threat in American history? Or does their memory only go back to World War I?

I'd say their memory only goes about as far back as the winter of 1991.
Last edited by New Frenco Empire on Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEW FRENCO EMPIRE

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:18 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:Pictured: a bigger threat in American History than ISIS.

The British were arguably the biggest threat in American history. The UK is the only nation to have ever occupied Washington, D.C. and burn down the White House.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 pm

New Rhodinia wrote:Biggest threat in American history? Or does their memory only go back to World War I? Did we completely forget the armies of Great Britain in the 18th century pretty much being the only foreign nation to have official troops on U.S. soil during a war?

Well? I suspect she means in recent history.......

Yumyumsuppertime
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jun 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yumyumsuppertime » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 pm

New Frenco Empire wrote:
New Rhodinia wrote:Biggest threat in American history? Or does their memory only go back to World War I?

I'd say their memory only goes about as far back as the winter of 1991.

I'd say January, 2009.

Inolena
Envoy

Founded: Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Inolena » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:19 pm

I think I burst into flames after reading that.

Someone fire her for the really... really poor judgement she has. Like, ISIS is more of a threat to Turkey, Iran, Saudi Arabia, much of Europe.

But the US? No. Too far, and I'm quite confident US security agencies have already infringed more freedoms and privacy of people taken some measures to ensure that the US is safe(r) from any ISIS attack.
Sween wrote:they are blessed by the blessed gods of blessing blessed by the gods that bless gods

Rothuria wrote:"They are blessedly blessèd blessed people who blessedly bless Europe with there blessèd culture."

Kabuki Baab

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General