NATION

PASSWORD

Coupe d'Esquarium III [Disc. thread, Esq. only]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:57 am

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, persons of nondescript gender, etc.

This is the official discussion thread for the Coupe d'Esquarium, as sanctioned by regional sports czar Unolia. We will use this thread to manage host bids and discuss the goings-on of the third CdE, which if everything goes to plan, should start very soon, in the month of October.

Anyone in Esquarium can signup (but not now, this isn't a signup thread) or bid. If you bid, prepare a host bid, of which examples can be found here. Also adding a section about previous OOC experience might help your case as well. Voting for the host will be done through a secret TG ballot hosted by (to be determined) and will be a one-round FPTP.

Recommended scorinator
Xkorinate (latest version) - on Association Football, NSFS formula

Obviously, I won't be bidding as I've proven my terrible incompetence at this whole scheduling thing.
Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Masseau
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 am

Masseau Futbol Federation

Official Host Bid for the Third Coupe de Esquarium

Introduction
IC: Sports are an important part of Masseau's culture, especially football. As far as sports go, the most popular by far is soccer. Masseans eat, live and breathe soccer (As for as sports go). It is not known where futbol was created, but many citizens joke that it was made in Masseau. Masseau has very passionate fans, maybe in all of Southwestern Esquarium.
OOC: Think USA's basketball and american football combined.

Experience
OOC: I've participated in many Sports RPs as Kintratar, my old nation (have not hosted anything). Here is my Premier League (Domestic NewsWires): http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=20944917#p20944917

Scorination
OOC: Will be using Xkoronate 0.3.3, as it gets the job done. I have used it before. Modifiers are from -5 (Extreme Defense, Bad Offense) to +5/5 (Extreme Offense, Bad Defense) Please state what your modifier is
in your signup, or I will put it at zero if you'd like.

Format of Groups
OOC: I'm planning on 8 groups of 4 (32 teams) and then having 2/4 teams reach cup. (32-16-8-2-1. Easy.) This will change if we have less/more. If we have less, then it will be 6 groups of 4, or 5 groups of 4. If more sign up, then it will be 6 groups of 6.

RPs/Schedules
OOC: RP's will be graded from 1 to 3 - (0 is no RP) 1 - Below Average 2 - Average/Good 3 - Very Good.

As far as schedules go, I will scorinate/post results every two days. Cutoff will be at 6-8 PM EST, and results from 8-10 PM EST. RP's will be graded on days where I am not scorinating.

BTW, it is UTC -7 in Masseau.
Accomedations/Map

This is the Tropicana Suites, the largest hotel in Masseau. It houses about 1,900 rooms and will be where your players stay in Masseau if Masseau gets the host bid. It was built in 1986 to be the host of the Artisian Games, where all the athletes and their families would stay during the visit. The hotel is located in Millbourne, Masseau, which is the most populous city in Masseau at 2.8 million residents. Enjoy your stay at the five-star hotel designed for athletes!

Venues

This is the most famous Pitch in Masseau. Located in Millbourne, It is only used for Postseason-Premier League games and other sporting events - such as the Coupe de Esquarium. Designed by top-class architects at BNW Varin in 1975, it has recently been updated - in all aspects - to suit all the fans. It has been home to some outstanding matches, and will hopefully to even more. It will be hosting round of 16, quarter finals, semi finals and finals (as well as the inevitable third-place game) so be prepared to watch and enjoy some top-notch football. It has a capacity of 56,286.

Capacity of 49,852. Built in 1963, Renovated in 2006. Home to Horseshoe BFC, located in Horseshoe Beach.

Capacity of 47,441. Built in 1965, Renovated in 2011. Home to Cahokia Wanderers, located in Cahokia.

Capacity of 45,870. Built in 1979, Renovated in 2001. Home to Millbourne AFC, located in Millbourne.

Capacity of 44,766. Built in 1993. Home to Pawnee City, located in Pawnee City.

Capacity of 42,348. Built in 1956, Renovated in 2008. Home to Oceano Crashers, located in Oceano.

Capacity of 41,289. Built in 2005. Home to Wiley Hotspur, located in Wiley.

Capacity of 40,550. Built in 1977, Renovated in 2003. Home to Kennard AC, located in Kennard.

Feel free to post any questions about my host bid!
Last edited by Masseau on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:17 am, edited 8 times in total.
President: Xavier Vargas
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
RP Population: 58,877,723
Capital
: Cahokia
Left:-4.12
Libertarian: -1.38

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:05 am

I wish to apologize on behalf of Quebec for the whole CdE mess.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Snovatgatovia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Snovatgatovia » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 am

Interested in competing, not so much in hosting.

Iglesian Archipelago
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Iglesian Archipelago » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:30 pm

You may count with me! (I'll not host it, though, also due to RL reasons)

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:51 pm

And yes, I plan on competing, but don't expect much activity. I am also not hosting because of a myriad reasons.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Michillies
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Michillies » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:27 am

Obviously in. Hopefully we shall repent for the disaster that was the EG.
Sereníssima Reppública Hesperiana

Accept no substitutes!

Francilie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Francilie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:02 am

In !
Maybe preparing for a bid.
Esquarium's favourite French-speaking federal republic gone far-right once

I'm neither a rightist, a centrist nor a leftist; I think all of them have good and bad ideas.

Teyneyji
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Teyneyji » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:48 am

Teyneyji is very interested in hosting this wonderful event, bid will be up soon.

Masseau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Teyneyji wrote:Teyneyji is very interested in hosting this wonderful event, bid will be up soon.

Sorry, nations of Esquarium only. Can't participate if you are not in esquarium...
Gov't type: Semi-presidential republic (We call it Democratic Republic here in Masseau)
Capital

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:09 am

Tagging this.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

Ainin
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ainin » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:13 am

Teyneyji wrote:Teyneyji is very interested in hosting this wonderful event, bid will be up soon.

Republic of Nakong | 內江共和國 | IIwiki · Map · Kylaris
"And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned round on you — where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat?"

Lyonsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Lyonsland » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:40 pm

In, but competing only.
Lyonsland, Esquarium's favourite Celtic-Nordic federal kingdom!

Gibberan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Gibberan » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:48 pm

I'm not bumping this at all.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son in the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through himJohn 3:16-17

RP Name the Ambrosian Confederal Republic, or Ambrose
(you can still call me Gibbs)

Proud Esquarian!
(but also consider Kylaris)
Kassaran wrote:NSG, the one place where your opinion is the wrong one if it aint liberal enough for them... unless you're me, I'm well known for generally just despising human rights and the whole idea of entitlement.
Timothia wrote:My bad, I should have known better than to challenge the unchanging hive-mind of NSG. Won't happen again any time soon.

The Jahistic Unified Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:10 pm

In.

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Baseball is Best Sport. Life long StL Fan.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Seeing there is no challenge to Masseau's bid, I think he should host.

--Unolia,
Sports Czar and Reichfueher

<Koyro> (Democratic Koyro) NSG senate is a glaring example of why no one in NSG should ever have a position of authority
The Emerald Dawn wrote:"Considering Officer Krupke was patently idiotic to charge these young men in the first place, we're dropping the charges in the interest of not wasting any more of the Judiciary's time with farcical charges brought by officers who require more training on basic legal principles."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jahistic Unified Republic » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm awarding Masseau with the hosting ship job.

Please don't fail us.

He may set up an IC page in 48 hours.

Masseau
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Masseau » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:48 pm

I promise to attempt to not fail.
Capital

Sassau
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sassau » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:51 pm

Sassau will sign up.

Michillies
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Michillies » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:34 pm

Sassau wrote:Sassau will sign up.

Helpful note: Sign-up posts need to go in this thread.
Sereníssima Reppública Hesperiana

Accept no substitutes!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports