NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Expansion (FT/Race creation/IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Alliir
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Age of Expansion (FT/Race creation/IC/OPEN)

Postby Alliir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:36 pm

Welcome to Age of Expansion! After quite a while to hone my roleplaying and OPing abilities, I have not created a roleplay as successful as Galactic Civilizations. With that in mind, I've decided to create a third roleplay within that world, this time following the basic idea of GalCon; Endless possibilities. You can choose what to do, what the universe around you becomes. Instead of forcing a major plot device or restricting the world, I will allow the players to do what they wish. If this means going to war, or creating an alliance, or going through endless First Contacts, then so be it.
And so, here we go. If this fails, then Galactic Conquest will have been a single, impossible jewel. If it succeeds, then I'll be rather happy.

Gameplay
What I will likely call AE, confusingly, is a roleplay based on freedom. You create a race of your own, however you'd like (Within acceptable limits). You can then expand, either through alliance or through war. Or neither, if you want to be perfectly neutral. You can develop the culture, technology and personality of your species. You could focus on internal issues, or you could work more on relations with the other players. In the end, it's your choice what to do with your race. And this seems to be the reason why this type of roleplay does well.

Rules
No godmodding. As always, don't godmod. It's especially risky with this style of roleplay, where the trust is in the players.
Max size for ships will be 4KM. This is somewhat a branch of the Godmodding rule, but it should be noted.
Don't create ridiculously coincidental/mood-killing scenes. This include, but is not limited to, stumbling in on a first-encounter.
Don't flame/troll/bully. Though I dislike using the term Bully, I find it necessary in some cases.
Do not argue within the OOC. If you must, take it to Telegram.
My word is law. Though you're free to question it, I have the last say in the matter.
Make you're application interesting. I don't want to accept it because it follows rules, I want to accept it because it will make a good addition to the roleplay.
And universal-translators are aloud, but not necessary.

Unnecessary but rather interesting LORE, which have no hold on the roleplay itself, aside from allowing for references. And interest.
The Three, a name that is now legend. An alliance formed, and held, through not only war, but also disease and famine. Built from three races, each varying greatly and seemingly opposites; The brutish, reptilian Gret; The aquatic, shark-like Dicarians; and the intelligent, cat-like Nek'ar. Their power only grew for many years, but over time, they began to rely too much on each other. When the Nek'ar contracted an incurable disease, the Dicarians crumbled along side them. With the Dicarian military no longer there to accompany the Gret, outlying forces quickly moved in. Today, the ruins of these long-dead civilizations still litter unoccupied areas of space. Although the races of old have long since disappeared, their affects are still notable throughout the inhabited galaxy.

The Age of Burning was filled with warfare. With the Gret's borders shrinking due to overpopulation in neighboring regions, and the Alliance beginning to deteriorate due to the loss of the Nek'ar, an insurrection exploded from the Red Giant of R'dev. Gretian forces ripping through fleet after fleet, ever expanding, the war grew to unexpected levels. However, the Gretian military failed, and soon were engulfed. They died off soon after.

After the fall of R'dev, and the complete destruction of The Three, races squabbled over land and culture and diplomacy. Unable to hold piece with so many different, varied voices, the galaxy fell into ruin, and a new generation began. This was the Age of Expansion. As new races evolved, regained footing, or simply left the warm atmosphere of their planets, new alliances were forged, new wars fought. However, this age has not been written. It is only beginning, and it is not my choice how it will end.

00C
Last edited by Alliir on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

The Greater Nordic Federation
Senator

Founded: May 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 pm

#Data Transmition
New Life Found: None
New Civilizations found: Possibly
New threats: There is a Nuclear Missile Stuck between 2 Asteroids in the Asteroid Belt
New Planets: A Gas Giant named Cortex 2

Base Name: Cerebellum
Base Location: Between Cortex and Cortex 1
Security Code: ACBSAN

Notes: Our Communications were Distorted when passing Cortex 1a

Transmition End

"Is there any actions Required X?"
"Yes L, Send in weak Military Androids and Professional Scientists."
"Will do X."

#Transmition to Military Defense Storage
Send 26 M1-Scout Units to Cortex, Command was ordered by X.

Anacove states
Envoy

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:03 pm

The lone Hornet class Frigate edged its way across the blackness of Space. The ship is only 200 meters long but is outfitted with 2 Rhino class Rail-Guns, and bumblebee missile pods. It has a small hanger bay that situates two VTOL light attack fighters and one VTOL transport. The Bridge crew were jittery with their mission, to explore this unexplored solar system on the edge of Anacovian Space. A remarkable binary star system contains 4 planets, 3 terrestrial and one Gas Giant. In between the third Rock world and the Gas Giant lays 3 AUs of Asteroids. In that asteroid field there are 3 dwarf planets and 10 AUs from the Gas Giant a lone Icy Dwarf planet lays. The Gas Giant has a large Ring and over 200 moons. As they draw near the number of moons go down one as a volcanic moon and an Icy world collide creating an immense explosion of lava and steam. They stare in awe but realize that it is now going to fall into the Gas Giant. Never the less they move on. They come to the 2nd planet which has lush forests and large Nitrogen oceans. They decided to call it Hallonid. The commander sends for the ships to go to the surface and set up an alpha base
Last edited by Anacove states on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Arkhanic Assassins wrote:How do I game?

Torisakia wrote:Being first isn't a huge achievement. It's like getting the firing squad over the electric chair-either way, you win nothing.

Anacove states
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:30 pm

The VTOLs hummed to life their double engines whipping dust around the room as the atmosphere was drained. The Bay doors opened and the ships blasted out as the Frigate pulled into a more stable orbit. They would be landing on a small island continent dubbed Haydon. This was chosen seeing as how it is only 1000000 square Der (Der=Meter). They would be setting up a command base at point Alpha, a cliff on the northern edge of the continent. As they pulled into their destination the scientist told them, "The atmosphere is thick in nitrogen so you will not need masks, the life here will most likely be nitrogen based so we will likely find food." The others liked their lips as the VTOL touched down. The 10 Mantid squad ran out on their 6 legs to secure the perimeter. The 4 builders then got out and started to assemble the landing pads so that the other VTOLs would be able to land after they were done patrolling. The commander on the Frigate Gemini ordered the resource pods to be dropped and for the transport VTOL to come back and get more builders and the APC.
Last edited by Anacove states on Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Torisakia wrote:Being first isn't a huge achievement. It's like getting the firing squad over the electric chair-either way, you win nothing.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:50 pm

The Scientific Commander looks at the Computer Screen,"Run 'Scan' Program." the Computer takes a surface scan, after 2 minutes a red dot appeared on the map. After the Scans were finished the Commander gave another command,"Take a Photo of Section 2A at 100 meter for every Inch on scale." a Large Picture Appeared of a Blown up Power plant,"Take Radio scan." an overlay went over it and it was the color for very Radioactive.
The Area on Screen.
The Sections are of 30o Increments on an Equal-rectangular map of the Planet.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:05 pm

Thanatos station, in orbit around Hyperion

Nguyen Triumphus stood in a vast room, filled with with various members of the Legion's scientific elite, oddly, at least to outsiders, the room was completely bare of any time of displays or conventional input devices. Of course to them this didn't matter, they were all linked into the stations computers and each other.
"My lord, probe SP12-AQ has dropped out of warp in system Zandul. Shock point in will be ready with in 5 minutes."
Nguyen let the annoyance at being called by his traditional title fade as he responded to the technician.
"Very good, though please, my name is Nguyen. We are not in the halls of government, no need for such formalities. Have the Acacallis bring its shock point drive online and have it link to the probes telemetry. Have it jump as soon as is safe"

The CLF-1237 Acacallis disappeared, replaced by only a black, featureless sphere. After only an instant that there was no trace that the ship had every been there at all. The Acacallis was now more than 5,000 light years away, sitting just out side of the Kuiper belt of a very special system. If the probes long range sensors had been right, this was home to another sentient species, one they had never caught a glimpse of before. Not were these creatures intelligent, but from what the probe had sent back so far, they were certainty space fairing and capable of FTL travel.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:37 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Thanatos station, in orbit around Hyperion

Nguyen Triumphus stood in a vast room, filled with with various members of the Legion's scientific elite, oddly, at least to outsiders, the room was completely bare of any time of displays or conventional input devices. Of course to them this didn't matter, they were all linked into the stations computers and each other.
"My lord, probe SP12-AQ has dropped out of warp in system Zandul. Shock point in will be ready with in 5 minutes."
Nguyen let the annoyance at being called by his traditional title fade as he responded to the technician.
"Very good, though please, my name is Nguyen. We are not in the halls of government, no need for such formalities. Have the Acacallis bring its shock point drive online and have it link to the probes telemetry. Have it jump as soon as is safe"

The CLF-1237 Acacallis disappeared, replaced by only a black, featureless sphere. After only an instant that there was no trace that the ship had every been there at all. The Acacallis was now more than 5,000 light years away, sitting just out side of the Kuiper belt of a very special system. If the probes long range sensors had been right, this was home to another sentient species, one they had never caught a glimpse of before. Not were these creatures intelligent, but from what the probe had sent back so far, they were certainty space fairing and capable of FTL travel.

The Gal'Mar system Dyson Swarm

In the computronium clouds that surrounded the worlds of the Gal'Mar system, in the enormous server rooms that permeated Kin'Zok, in the probe satellites that used QE communication to send their discoveries back to civilization, something woke up. The Gestalt had encountered an oddity. A large thermal signal had been detected in the Kuiper belt, as well as radiation indicative of FTL travel. At the speed of light it reviewed all recorded information regarding FTL flights, and found that no ship had that area in its flight plan. As well, no ship was off course or missing, so it could not be a probe that had deviated from its orders. This could be a simple computation error, or the beginning of the Ascendancy's arrival onto the galactic stage.

Kin'Nog Computronium fields

The entity known as Brou'Ka the Speaker was the Gestalt's main liaison. While the Emissaries took up the role of diplomats, Brou'Ka was created to be the voice of the Gestalt within the Ascendancy, and in the event of First Contact, beyond the Ascendancy. The Gestalt could communicate with those independent of it, but the completely alien nature of it made some Emissaries and Exiles uncomfortable. Thus, it made its governance known indirectly, through a single AI mind that had much in common with the independent minds of the Ascendancy. After the Gestalt had made sure that it had not been in error, it contacted Brou'Ka and gave it a task. It was to attempt to commune with these aliens, and evaluate whether they were friendly or hostile. The Gestalt had to assume that the aliens might have psychologies completely different from those of the Zok, so the possibility that they would annihilate the Ascendancy on sight was considered by it.

Brou'Ka connected itself to the Ascendancy probes on the edge of the system and began broadcasting on different wavelengths of light all the way from radio to gamma radiation. He formed patterns of numbers using pulses of radiation. One pulse, a pause. Two pulses, a pause. Five pulses, a pause. Seven pulses, a pause. Eleven, then thirteen, then seventeen, then nineteen, then twenty-one, and so on. Brou'Ka hoped the potential aliens would recognize the sequence of numbers.
Signatures are so 2014.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:35 pm

CLF Acacallis

This was a tense situation for the men and women on the Acacallis. The Legion didn't have to much first contact experience, few races were technologically advanced to not suffer irreparable cultural and developmental harm from contact with them. This species was different, not only were they actively trying to contact them, they seemed to be preparing defensive systems as well. In this type of event they acted less and less as individual people, and more as a hive mind. The captain did not command, the men at their posts did not obey, they simply acted. After receiving the sequence of prime number from the probes around them, they responded in kind, transmitting the first trillion digits of pi, then they began sending the basics of their language, Gallente. Then they waited.
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Anacove states
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:53 am

The VTOL could be heard skimming the trees, it soon crested the last and landed at the newly set up landing pad. 10 more builders cantered out and the Armored Personnel carrier rolled out. As the next day passed they had set up landing pads, a command post, kitchen and barracks. The commander in charge of alpha base, Rectar, ordered the APC and six soldiers to start patrolling sectors A1 and A2. The APC hummed to life, as they left a strange radio message was intercepted by the Frigate.

Alliir
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:13 am

Nag'liv rolled his shoulders, beginning to feel the affects of 24-hour service. Having sat in a chair for the last 18 or so hours, looking over the unchanging charts and maps displayed onto his holographic screen, he decided to take a ten-minute break.
Raising himself to his unsure legs, he waved the ship's Warmaster forward, and retired to the Mess hall.
Before he could sit down with his food, the ship burst into normal space, blackness enveloping what was, a moment before, blank white. Confused, Nag'liv messaged the bridge.
"Why did we stop? We still have three hours before we reach our destination" he asked, trying not to hint at his annoyance. Static burst through to the mess hall, before the voice of his Warmaster was audible.
"We noted an anomaly when we entered this sector. It is not within the database" he announced, and Nag'liv caught a hint of fear. He was right to be afraid; They weren't a science vessel, and they WERE told to arrive in the Negeva sector within 24 hours. Already off schedule, due to their ship being damaged and understocked, they had to move quickly. Meaning, a holdup like this was unacceptable.
"Send us back toward the Negeva sector, we don't have time to scan this system" Nag'liv said, this time allowing himself to express his irritation. However, instead of jumping directly into Slipspace and continuing, the Warmaster continued.
"Sir, we've located the source of the anomaly. It's a ship"
"Then explain our situation and continue"
The Warmaster's voice broke through once more.
"It isn't Leigdan"
Nag'liv stood, suddenly interested. Not Leigdan? Then, Alien? That's ridiculous. Suddenly he wondered whether the bridge crew had found his stack of Nadrid, but they didn't sound drunk.
"I'm coming up" he announced, and jogged through the corridors.

The Ship
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:16 pm

CLF-74205 Hades, approaching the Seminole system

The huge mass of the Hades slammed out of high warp inside the orbit of Seminole prime's innermost moon, bombarding the planets sunward hemisphere with huge amounts of high energy particles. The wave of energy knocked out the shock point inhibitors on the surface, and over loaded all but the most robust of sensor systems. Immediately two Themis class battleships shocked in. Drones and fighters in the thousands began to pour from the gigantic super carrier Hades, even as orbital defense platforms started to disappear in flashes of light as the opening salvo of anti-matter torpedoes ripped away the defenses that the traitor Horatio ex. Triumphus had hurriedly scrambled into orbit. Soon the old Triumph's flagship, an out of date Coeus class carrier from the first exodus of earth came on sensors. As soon as it appeared from behind the planets second moon it was enveloped in light as four AM torpedoes released their barely confined energies against the aging ship's shields. Surprisingly the Dascylus held it's shields with less that 2% leakage. Even so the hull was scorched by the heat of weapons. The Themi broke their bombardment orbits and moved into range of the now gently glowing Dascylus. The crew had to know they had no chance, yet still they fought to defend the traitor.
His crime had been hidden far to long, as its true scale was revealed waves of revulsion, and shame flooded the Legion. Horatio ex. Triumphus had made contact with an inferior alien species. Then for nearly 25 years he acted as a god, shoving the poor inhabitants of the planet hundreds of years ahead of their natural evolution, breaking their culture and beliefs and reforming them to put him on an even higher pedestal as time went on. No, their could be no turning back, all evidence of his transgression must be purged from this planet.
The Dascylus was bleeding energized plasma from it's shattered hull, parts of it breaking away as it plummeted into the second moons thin atmosphere. The only evidence that the Legion ever existed to these people would soon be the kilometer long wreck of that once mighty and proud war ship. By the time they could reach it, it was hoped that they would be advanced enough that true first contact could be made. There had been much debate on weather to ascend this race, many viewed the damage as already done, and that the only way to make up for the Legion's crime was to bring this race into the Legion as full citizens. The vote in the council had been close 5272-4728, but in the end it was decided that it was to dangerous to attempt that course of action. So now the Hades battle group was in orbit, cleaning up what was left of the advanced technology left behind by the Legion's worst criminal. And to think that man had been a Triumph.
The ships broke orbit, traveled to the closest of the systems six gas giants and began to siphon hydrogen to use as fuel. As soon as they had filled their massive tanks they were replaced by the signature pure black orb of a shock point. The only trace of the legion now was the perfectly hemispherical craters where they shocked out any trace of the traitors presence, and of course a large scar on the dark side of their second moon.
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Anacove states
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:58 pm

The APC could be heard for quadrants, after about an hour they stumbled onto a hole some 5 dem by 10. 3 mantid soldiers got out to check it out, a rumbling could be heard. A thousand flying insects flew out of the hole, the 3 mantids were soon eviscerated. The 40 md auto cannon spurted out incendiary rounds at 600 a minute. The forest was an inferno, carcasses everywhere, they wouldn't stop pouring out of the hole they soon started to fill the air. The APC roared its way back to base. At the base they saw it, saw it all, they already had the Nova Antimatter bomb hooked up. They all got onto the VTOLs and took off. There was an immense explosion and Haydon cracked open like an egg. The Friate came back to get them as they saw the nitrogen liquid oceans, atmosphere, and lava all exploding out into space.
On the frigate
"sir ship coming out of slipspace!"
"ready weapons! send hails on all frequencies!"

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:42 pm

"What should we do about the planet 'Earth' X*? It is a nuclear mess covered in ruins of an ancient species called 'Humans'."
"Loading... Loading... Loading... Loadi- Send down an Alphalt Covered Scout down to the Largest Cities."
"Yes X... Transmition sent."

*X look like this and this.
Alphalt is their equivilant of Lead
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Federation on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utceforp
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 10, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Utceforp » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:CLF Acacallis

This was a tense situation for the men and women on the Acacallis. The Legion didn't have to much first contact experience, few races were technologically advanced to not suffer irreparable cultural and developmental harm from contact with them. This species was different, not only were they actively trying to contact them, they seemed to be preparing defensive systems as well. In this type of event they acted less and less as individual people, and more as a hive mind. The captain did not command, the men at their posts did not obey, they simply acted. After receiving the sequence of prime number from the probes around them, they responded in kind, transmitting the first trillion digits of pi, then they began sending the basics of their language, Gallente. Then they waited.

Brou'Ka waited a few tense seconds. Of course, it could just make itself less tense - that was the advantage of being an AI - but it deemed it unnecessary. Suddenly, on one of Brou'Ka's monitored frequencies, there was data. It was confused at first, but it began running pattern-recognition software, and discovered that the broadcast was Pi. Now that it had the alien's numerical system decoded - base ten - it went to work on the more complicated following message. By using its knowledge of their numbers, and utilizing the enormous computing power available to the Ascendancy, it quickly decoded their language. Brou'Ka decided to attempt something far more complex, hopefully the aliens would be capable of decoding it. An image, of a Kin'Zok Alpha, was sent towards the craft. It was Brou'Ka - or, rather, a representation of a theoretical physical body that it might hold. The video contained a live recording as well, with Brou'Ka speaking in the alien's language. "Greetings. I am known as Brou'Ka, Speaker for the Ascendancy Gestalt and representative of the Independent Zok'nam and Zok'in Minds within the Ascendancy. While these words may mean nonsense to you now, we will have time to explain later. This is a momentous event for us, though we have to assume that it may not be for you." Brou'Ka's avatar had a completely neutral body posture and it used an average and unvarying tone. It had to assume that the body language and communication of the aliens might be completely different from theirs, and that therefore any abnormal movement might be highly offensive or provocative. "Before we move onto other matters of significance, I need to make a request - could you send a live recording similar to the one you are receiving now to one of our probes? If you have not detected any of them already, the coordinates of one in orbit around the fifth planet of the system will be included in this message. This would allow us to have "face-to-face" communication, as it were. We would also like to make an additional request - that you refrain from descending towards our inhabited worlds until we have had opportunity to study your craft and its crew. You may be entirely benevolent, as far as we know, but some aspect of your biology or technology may be dangerous to us. You must understand that we have to prepare for any eventuality in this unprecedented situation."

Brou'Ka signalled back to the Gestalt to prepare unmanned scientific ships on the third Kin'Nar moon for FTL flight to the Kuiper belt. These would study the alien craft, and determine whether it was safe to allow to land on Kin'Zok.
Signatures are so 2014.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

The Teladi moved slowly through the small system, as it went along it shot out drones to fly down to the planets to bring back samples. The Teladi's mission had been to scout and map the system for anything useful. So far they hadn't found much, some deposits of here and there but nothing worth the Triarchy's time. The captain of the Teladi, a Scyon by the name of Visira Masavis, logged the last of the data the drones had brought back and concluded in his report that the system was to be a tertiary target for colonization and exploitation. Visira ordered her crew to drop a buoy and be done with it.

Turning to her second in command Visira said "these probing expeditions aren't getting us anywhere. Like i've expressed to higher command it would suit our talent better to explore deep space rather than our own back-yard."

Her second mate, a T'Avon, looked back and replied in an irritated tone "I know full well what your opinion on the matter is Visira."

Visira didn't seem to notice as she rambled on about her opinions of the state of affairs. Before she got done with her sentence however, a warning light flashed followed by a warning siren. As it wailed for a few moments Visira looked in stark disbelief as she saw what was showing on the scanners. A ship had come out of slip-space and was floating several million kilometers away. Visira did watched as the ship moved ever so slightly towards them before she reacted.

"Raise shields and man your stations. Hail them and and ask their intentions" Visira ordered.

Visira looked at her command console and check to see where the nearest ship was. Visira saw that they were almost a day away from any other ships. Regardless she sent off a message to High Command asking for assistance and making sure that they knew this would be a first encounter with an unknown race. It'd been several decades since they had last met another species, and that last time had ended in bloodshed. The Triarchy had no intentions of engaging in another conflict unless absolutely necessary.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:51 pm

Transmition from 'New York City' on Cortex 1
Data Gained: Discovery of the 'United States of America' and 'New York'
Civilizations discovered: the 'United States of America'
Technological Advancement: Possibly Atomic Age
to be continued...

The Cortex Scout drives down the ruins of New York City.
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Federation on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chrome Legion
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:23 pm

CLF Acacallis, in the kuiper belt of the system know as Zandul

After their hailing message had been been received it took almost 6 hours for the response to come crawling in at light speed. The video codec was odd, but easily translatable. Since it now appeared there was no threat of imminent conflict the members of the crew withdrew to their individualities. Of course they still didn't regress as far as to use vocal communication.
"Well, do we take that as an invitation?" The captain thought to his bridge crew.
"We have a shock in point for the planet's L2, as long as we don't come closer I doubt they would view it as hostile" Came the response from from the Xenodiplomatic officer.
"Make it so, begin transmitting a message of peace as soon as we land."(Not land on the planet, this ship is not capable of planet fall with out damage.)
An instant later the view shifted from that of a faint star to that of a Class M planet partially eclipsing it's main sequence star.
"This is the Chrome Legion Vessel Acacallis, we are on a peaceful mission of exploration and learning, we wish no sentient life harm. We wish to open diplomatic relations with your people."
The message was accompanied by biological information on Humans and a brief overview of the Chrome Legion, carefully avoiding information with strategic or tactical significance. But, as his duty as a Chrome Legion officer, captain Reynolds thoughts drifted to defense.
"Begin calculations to get us a shock in point above the suns pole, that way we can bring in reinforcements with out drawing undue attention. Contact the Hades, they should be off deployment now."
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The lark’s on the wing;
God’s in His heaven—

hi!

Anacove states
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:24 pm

This is the Anacovian Frigate Gletren, we are going down in sector 2399487, require assistance. Mayday, Mayday, new life forms detected. They use a weapon we have seen no where else in the galaxy. It can create mini black holes. One that ripped of the back of our ship. Escape pods going into the asteroid field. Only 53 of us left. One VTOL remaining. Ship entering Gas Giant's atmosphere. Please help us.
Last edited by Anacove states on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Deep Space
Scout Ship H'kha'tong
Mediator Cza

"Our probes are returning." The announcement was broadcast across the entire ship. Mediator Cza rose from behind his desk and exited his office into the Command Centre, a vast circular room with consoles around the walls. A dozen ventri were working away diligently, monitoring various sensors and ship's systems as well as downloading data from the probes. In the middle of the Command Centre a large pit opened, leading down to the lower level where all of the off duty crew were gathering to hear the results from the probes. One of the workers on the upper level announced that the data was downloaded and Cza called for silence on the floor.

A summation of the probes' analysis was broadcast through a large amplifier so that the entire ship (and potentially those on other ships had there been any nearby) could hear. The results were very promising. Life signs had been found in one of the star systems the probe had scouted. Upon this information being revealed the rest of the report was lost amid a flurry of chatter throughout the ship.

"Shall we go investigate?" Cza called through the amplifier. His question was met by an immediate chorus of assent. A unanimous vote was almost unheard of, but it happened today. "Set course for Planet 116-3."

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Anacove states wrote:This is the Anacovian Frigate Gletren, we are going down in sector 2399487, require assistance. Mayday, Mayday, new life forms detected. They use a weapon we have seen no where else in the galaxy. It can create mini black holes. One that ripped of the back of our ship. Escape pods going into the asteroid field. Only 53 of us left. One VTOL remaining. Ship entering Gas Giant's atmosphere. Please help us.

Message revived, we will send our fastest spacecraft to you as fast as possible.

Right then the fastest scout ship* activates it's warp whilst simed at the Star system, Calculated arrival time: 4 hours.

*Bullets can pierce hyperspace better than any other ship... because... physics.

Anacove states
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:52 am

*Asteroid A-734T57----
"Ok men another Empire has sent a ship to rescue us!" cheers followed "but we need to draw the big ships attention away. We will be using the VTOL for this suicide mission. Anyone willing to go to hyperspace." all hands shot up "Ok, pilot Mantuid, can you do this?" "It would be an honor sir!" "Good, I want you in that VTOL and ready to go when that ship arrives. You must keep the alien ship away until we get out of here otherwise that rescue ship wont stand a chance."

Message 12T34Y
Coordinates 1827346453826
Message sent to Scout Ship

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:26 pm

Anacove states wrote:*Asteroid A-734T57----
"Ok men another Empire has sent a ship to rescue us!" cheers followed "but we need to draw the big ships attention away. We will be using the VTOL for this suicide mission. Anyone willing to go to hyperspace." all hands shot up "Ok, pilot Mantuid, can you do this?" "It would be an honor sir!" "Good, I want you in that VTOL and ready to go when that ship arrives. You must keep the alien ship away until we get out of here otherwise that rescue ship wont stand a chance."

Message 12T34Y
Coordinates 1827346453826
Message sent to Scout Ship

The Scout ship comes out of warp and looks for the Ship activating radar,"Small VTOL detected." an Android walks up to the Large Computer AI the AI replies,"Teleport them Aboard."

Anacove states
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Thank you very much.... wait we've never met before what kind of life form are you? I am a Mantid of the Anacovian Empire, and it is my pleasure to meet you. :lol:

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:40 pm

Anacove states wrote:Thank you very much.... wait we've never met before what kind of life form are you? I am a Mantid of the Anacovian Empire, and it is my pleasure to meet you. :lol:

"I am M-10003 Mark 27, an Android from the Empire of Knowledge. Our Commander is Over here..." M-10003 walked to the End of the Ship.

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:47 pm

Deep Space
Scout Ship H'kha'tong
Mediator Cza

"Well isn't that odd indeed," Cza said, stating the obvious. The Planet 116-3 was teeming with life, just as the probe had detected. What the probe had not reported was that the planet was inhospitable in the extreme.

"Atmosphere is barely breathable," a scientist was reporting, "temperature at the lower limits of livable, water salinity at lethal levels, UV radiation at one hundred times recommended levels. Yet there are more life signs here than on Ventrus. How?" The scientist let the word hand. Cza had to pity him. He knew unanswered questions were the bane of any scientist's existence.

"Is there any chance of colonization?" Cza inquired.

"Not an open colony if that's what you're hoping for. Too much radiation for that. An enclosed colony would be possible though and the Governing Committee will almost certainly vote to establish one. The research opportunities are too great to pass up."

"Very well, I will relay our findings to them. What about usable resources?"

"Hard to say from up here. There are so many lifeforms that we cannot scan through the planet's surface. There could be anything underground and who knows what properties some of these organisms could have. As far as I can tell, many of them do not fall under any classification of life we know. But we would need specialized equipment to study any of it."

At the scientist's recommendation the crew voted to leave a beacon over the planet to let other ships know what they had discovered and then set off for the next star system.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse