NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Expansion (FT/Race creation/OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Alliir
Minister

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Age of Expansion (FT/Race creation/OOC/OPEN)

Postby Alliir » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Welcome to Age of Expansion! After quite a while to hone my roleplaying and OPing abilities, I have not created a roleplay as successful as Galactic Civilizations. With that in mind, I've decided to create a third roleplay within that world, this time following the basic idea of GalCon; Endless possibilities. You can choose what to do, what the universe around you becomes. Instead of forcing a major plot device or restricting the world, I will allow the players to do what they wish. If this means going to war, or creating an alliance, or going through endless First Contacts, then so be it.
And so, here we go. If this fails, then Galactic Conquest will have been a single, impossible jewel. If it succeeds, then I'll be rather happy.

Gameplay
What I will likely call AE, confusingly, is a roleplay based on freedom. You create a race of your own, however you'd like (Within acceptable limits). You can then expand, either through alliance or through war. Or neither, if you want to be perfectly neutral. You can develop the culture, technology and personality of your species. You could focus on internal issues, or you could work more on relations with the other players. In the end, it's your choice what to do with your race. And this seems to be the reason why this type of roleplay does well.

Rules
No godmodding. As always, don't godmod. It's especially risky with this style of roleplay, where the trust is in the players.
Max size for ships will be 4KM. This is somewhat a branch of the Godmodding rule, but it should be noted.
Don't create ridiculously coincidental/mood-killing scenes. This include, but is not limited to, stumbling in on a first-encounter.
Don't flame/troll/bully. Though I dislike using the term Bully, I find it necessary in some cases.
Do not argue within the OOC. If you must, take it to Telegram.
My word is law. Though you're free to question it, I have the last say in the matter.
Make you're application interesting. I don't want to accept it because it follows rules, I want to accept it because it will make a good addition to the roleplay.
And universal-translators are aloud, but not necessary.
No one-liners. This was edited in when I found it necessary.

Unnecessary but rather interesting LORE, which have no hold on the roleplay itself, aside from allowing for references. And interest.
The Three, a name that is now legend. An alliance formed, and held, through not only war, but also disease and famine. Built from three races, each varying greatly and seemingly opposites; The brutish, reptilian Gret; The aquatic, shark-like Dicarians; and the intelligent, cat-like Nek'ar. Their power only grew for many years, but over time, they began to rely too much on each other. When the Nek'ar contracted an incurable disease, the Dicarians crumbled along side them. With the Dicarian military no longer there to accompany the Gret, outlying forces quickly moved in. Today, the ruins of these long-dead civilizations still litter unoccupied areas of space. Although the races of old have long since disappeared, their affects are still notable throughout the inhabited galaxy.

The Age of Burning was filled with warfare. With the Gret's borders shrinking due to overpopulation in neighboring regions, and the Alliance beginning to deteriorate due to the loss of the Nek'ar, an insurrection exploded from the Red Giant of R'dev. Gretian forces ripping through fleet after fleet, ever expanding, the war grew to unexpected levels. However, the Gretian military failed, and soon were engulfed. They died off soon after.

After the fall of R'dev, and the complete destruction of The Three, races squabbled over land and culture and diplomacy. Unable to hold piece with so many different, varied voices, the galaxy fell into ruin, and a new generation began. This was the Age of Expansion. As new races evolved, regained footing, or simply left the warm atmosphere of their planets, new alliances were forged, new wars fought. However, this age has not been written. It is only beginning, and it is not my choice how it will end.

Time to create your races/nation. Time to join the interstellar club.
Race sheet, max of three
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Appearance-[/b]
[b]Male:[/b]
[b]Female:[/b]
[b]Classification:[/b](Bird, reptile, mammal)
[b]Average lifespan:[/b]
[b]General personality traits:[/b](Brutish, cold, logical, etc)
[b]General habitat:[/b]
[b]Egg or live birth:[/b]
[b]Diet:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

Nation sheet
[b]Current leader(s):[/b]
[b]Notable figures:[/b]
[b]Notable ships:[/b]
[b]Culture:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Capital Planet:[/b]
[b]Religion:[/b](If any)

Edited rules
You may not have more then 900 fighters on any single ship.
If you wish to hack another player IC, they must agree that it's acceptable.

I believe that is all. I might post some stuff(Such as races, languages, etc) below, for later use. Hope some people join, I'll likely put up the IC when we reach 3 people. If I'm missing anything, please tell me, and I'm glad you read the entire OP.

IC
Last edited by Alliir on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Major things to note about me-
I'm religious.
I'm feminist (Or Egalitarian, I guess)
I'm stupid.

Not necessarily in that order.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Player-based LORE

Postby Alliir » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Uses:
Lore development, as the story progresses.
Tracking players, races and the sort.
Listing ship designs, for reference during meetings between players.

The Leigdan military is ranked by loyalty and firepower. Thus, any military-ranked unit (Either ship class or soldier), is ranked twice.

Warman- Lowest class for firepower, ranging from lack of offensive capability to low-scale projectile weaponry.
Kavara- Lowest loyalty class. This ranges from new recruits to the less loyal of field operatives.

Warmaster- Medium firepower class. Has a high of medium energy weaponry with medium projectile weaponry. Often have a bridge crew of about three; Captain, Comms and Warrior.
Ladara- Medium loyalty class.

Warleader- High firepower class. Often have high-yield energy weapons and medium projectile weaponry. Often have a full bridge crew of five; Captain, Comms, Warrior, Engineer, First mate.
Dadara- High loyalty class, often given to those who have served for over ten years.

Warlord- Capital Class. Often fitted with high-yield energy weapons and explosive weaponry. Bridge crew can range from five to seven. There are usually only a few in existence at a time.
Savara- Given to only a select few, it is the highest honor one can receive.

Leigdan shields operate in a confusing way that humans don't understand. In short, they form a field powered by electrical energy. When a solid object touched the field, all power is diverted to the affected area(s), and used to create pressure. This makes it almost solid, thus causing a sudden stop in the projectile. Thus, solid objects are unable to pass through the shield, or even damage it. However, a burst of *Mumble* radiation will short out the electrical field, allowing solids to pass through. Thus, a ship can not damage a shielded ship without both energy weapons and projectile weapons.

*Players may submit additions to this post, and they will be sorted via race/nation.*
Last edited by Alliir on Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Tagimus Maximus.

Calces millia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:33 pm

Tagging
"Let me get this straight, you think surrendering, and offering yourself will stop the war? How arrogant. The life of each human is worth one, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less."
- FMA: Brotherhood

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:47 pm

Race
Name: Human
Appearance- Tall humans (2.1-2.6 meters), with visible mounts for cybernetics.
Male: Taller and better muscled then natural human men.
Female: See above.
Classification:(Bird, reptile, mammal) mammal
Average lifespan: Limited only by access to medical technology. Though the legion is only 450 years old, with the oldest citizens being in the mid 500's. Average across the Legion is 382.6 years.
General personality traits:(Brutish, cold, logical, etc) Logical, very willing to use force.
General habitat: Class M
Egg or live birth: Live
Diet: Omnivorous, carbon based
Other: The Chrome Legion is a space fairing sect of Humans that has focused on augmenting them selves to be the best they think they can be, they are stronger faster and smarter than almost all natural species. A rather new appearance on the galactic scene, they are known for being a very direct people, not much for manners. They have limited neural networking capacities, enough to make them seem telepathic, though only among themselves after implantation. They're preferred weapons are matter-antimatter missiles, jacketed positron-electron beams, and hybrid magnetic particle cannons, though for light weapons and point defense they use rapid nadion effect beams (phasers). Though in controlled circumstances they are functionally immortally, conditions are rarely so ideal. They strongly believe in personal freedoms and the right of a individuals self determination.

Nation
Name: Chrome Legion
Current leader(s): The Triumvirate; Allison Triumphus, Marcus Triumphus, Nguyen Triumphus.
Notable figures: There are a set of "queens" that have highly advanced command and control implants, other than that I'm sure some will emerge during the course of the RP
Notable ships: Will introduce with pictures and tech specs as they are used.
Culture: Very high focus on personal achievement and freedoms, though lacking a law like the "Prime Directive" they tend to avoid contact with technologically inferior species. They are driven almost maniacally to try to advance their technology and learn all the secrets of the Universe. (think a more militaristic Star Fleet)
History: After the eugenics wars on Earth, a small group of cybernectially modified Humans discovered the "Shock-Point" drive, which after comprehensive studies of an area allows instantanius transit to the location, though it is fairly easy to block at the destination. After that they left earth with 42,857 people and migrated to a class M planet on the other side of the galaxy, 20,000 ly from the galactic core in the Cygnus arm. Then they started to grow, the Legion now consists of 48 full member systems, 123 territories and outposts, and 212 billion citizens.
Capital Planet: Hyperion
Religion:(If any) N/A
Last edited by Chrome Legion on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:14 am

Name: Embrion
Appearance-

Classification: mollusk
Average lifespan: 50 yrs
General personality traits: touchy, arrogant, cold
General habitat: oceans
Egg or live birth: egg
Diet: worms
Other: blind are the ruling class

Name: Embrion Empire
Current leader(s): The 79th lord Despot
Notable figures: fleetlord Na'aeka, fleetlord Atvar
Notable ships: The ii'kiin, The Naroum, The Despotica 1-16
Culture: A two-class society rotating around the blind ruling class.
History: Long ago, a blind embrion rose to power using a bioengineered virus known a nyang. Nyang put a hypnotic trance over it's victims and subdued their will. He became The 1st Lord Despot. Eventually, obedience was coded into the embrion's genes, and nyang was no longer needed. The embrion empire expanded through the stars, enslaving everyone they encountered. They continue to expand today.
Capital Planet: Oreon
Religion: Pij
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

KIIADSK
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby KIIADSK » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:57 am

*Taggy Mcgee*
LIVERPOOL F.C, WHO. NEEDS SUAREZ?....... WE REALLY DO

Eru: I really like that Melkor fella
Manwë: I dunno, there is something about that guy that gives me the creeps

My philosophy on life:
Michael Corleone: " I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies."

HOUSE ATREIDES

Bene Khalista

RPGers
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RPGers » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:00 am

Tag
Last edited by RPGers on Tue Apr 07, 2017 12:37 am, edited 2,000 times in total.
DEFCON: 5
I pretend to know everything when I know nearly nothing.
My biggest secret is... ERROR, ERROR: Technical difficulties, sorry for the inconvenience
Despite popular belief, I am actually against gambling
My nation exists in every tech, if needed I will specify which I am currently role playing as.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ stars to the person reading this
Oh yeah, I also have a small obsession with political parties, nothing to worry about
proved by the fact I made this

Want to ask me questions anonymously? Go to this website: http://ask.fm/Games_of_Jay

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:33 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Race
Name: Human
Appearance- Tall humans (2.1-2.6 meters), with visible mounts for cybernetics.
Male: Taller and better muscled then natural human men.
Female: See above.
Classification:(Bird, reptile, mammal) mammal
Average lifespan: Limited only by access to medical technology. Though the legion is only 450 years old, with the oldest citizens being in the mid 500's. Average across the Legion is 382.6 years.
General personality traits:(Brutish, cold, logical, etc) Logical, very willing to use force.
General habitat: Class M
Egg or live birth: Live
Diet: Omnivorous, carbon based
Other: The Chrome Legion is a space fairing sect of Humans that has focused on augmenting them selves to be the best they think they can be, they are stronger faster and smarter than almost all natural species. A rather new appearance on the galactic scene, they are known for being a very direct people, not much for manners. They have limited neural networking capacities, enough to make them seem telepathic, though only among themselves after implantation. They're preferred weapons are matter-antimatter missiles, jacketed positron-electron beams, and hybrid magnetic particle cannons, though for light weapons and point defense they use rapid nadion effect beams (phasers). Though in controlled circumstances they are functionally immortally, conditions are rarely so ideal. They strongly believe in personal freedoms and the right of a individuals self determination.

Nation
Name: Chrome Legion
Current leader(s): The Triumvirate; Allison Triumphus, Marcus Triumphus, Nguyen Triumphus.
Notable figures: There are a set of "queens" that have highly advanced command and control implants, other than that I'm sure some will emerge during the course of the RP
Notable ships: Will introduce with pictures and tech specs as they are used.
Culture: Very high focus on personal achievement and freedoms, though lacking a law like the "Prime Directive" they tend to avoid contact with technologically inferior species. They are driven almost maniacally to try to advance their technology and learn all the secrets of the Universe. (think a more militaristic Star Fleet)
History: After the eugenics wars on Earth, a small group of cybernectially modified Humans discovered the "Shock-Point" drive, which after comprehensive studies of an area allows instantanius transit to the location, though it is fairly easy to block at the destination. After that they left earth with 42,857 people and migrated to a class M planet on the other side of the galaxy, 20,000 ly from the galactic core in the Cygnus arm. Then they started to grow, the Legion now consists of 48 full member systems, 123 territories and outposts, and 212 billion citizens.
Capital Planet: Hyperion
Religion:(If any) N/A

I'm not a huge fan of using humans, I'll admit, but I'll allow it.
EDIT: Reading this made me remember, Humans didn't exist in this area of space. Would you mind adding, or editing, to have had them ARRIVE years back, and just now begin expansion? That would be very helpful.
EDIT, again: Continuing to read, you did just that. Good work!

Hippie Kiwis wrote:Name: Embrion
Appearance-
Classification: mollusk
Average lifespan: 50 yrs
General personality traits: touchy, arrogant, cold
General habitat: oceans
Egg or live birth: egg
Diet: worms
Other: blind are the ruling class

Name: Embrion Empire
Current leader(s): The 79th lord Despot
Notable figures: fleetlord Na'aeka, fleetlord Atvar
Notable ships: The ii'kiin, The Naroum, The Despotica 1-16
Culture: A two-class society rotating around the blind ruling class.
History: Long ago, a blind embrion rose to power using a bioengineered virus known a nyang. Nyang put a hypnotic trance over it's victims and subdued their will. He became The 1st Lord Despot. Eventually, obedience was coded into the embrion's genes, and nyang was no longer needed. The embrion empire expanded through the stars, enslaving everyone they encountered. They continue to expand today.
Capital Planet: Oreon
Religion: Pij

Interesting and accepted. I'm going to begin on my race for this "Age", since my old and loyal Gret died out. I think I'm going to use an edited version of my K'ria, from my newest book. That is, the newest book ATTEMPT. So, expect Insectoids, and very arrogant ones at that.
For reference, the unedited K'ria were so arrogant, they literally started a genocidal war. Because they could. And they won, no less. Of course, I feel like going into diplomacy, so I'll be toning this down.
AAANYWAYS, Lots of tags. Very nice. Hope they all become apps.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:24 am

I'll likely be editing this once I'm a bit more awake, but this is the general idea. If anybody was interested.

Name: Leigda (Layg-da)
Appearance-
Male: Middle-aged male
Female: Middle-aged female
Classification:Insectoid
Average lifespan: 60 years.
General personality traits: Arrogant. Extremely so.
General habitat: High humidity, high oxygen levels, and rather warm.
Egg or live birth: Live birth.
Diet: Mainly carnivorous, though they are capable of digesting small nuts and berries.
Other: They were the top of the food chain on their planet, and the only sentient species. Due to this, they have grown to be arrogant, almost to the point of pure hostility. This should be noted.

Name: Lierum
Current leader(s): Driel'lek
Notable figures: *I'll edit this in once I begin the IC*
Notable ships: The Vregin, current flagship.
Culture: *I'll edit this once I begin the IC*
History: Nothing specifically of interest.
Capital Planet: Nardan
Religion: No official religion, though there are multiple religions in existence.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Charellia
Minister

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Charellia » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:45 am

Name: Ventri
Appearance- Average five feet, black exoskeleton, large ovoid heads. Ventri have no eyes or ears, but instead a single sensory organ mounted just above the mouth which produces and receives low frequency radio waves.
Male/ Female: Males and females are visibly indistinguishable.
Classification: Insectoid
Average lifespan: 100 years
General personality traits: Social and cooperative within their own society, but rigid and unable to adapt to change.
General habitat: A dark, hot environment, Carbon Monoxide atmosphere, lots of open space.
Egg or live birth: Egg.
Diet: Mostly different types of fungus.
Other: Ventri cannot see or hear. They sense their surroundings by generating radio waves which bounce off object. They communicate by modulating the frequency of these waves. As a result the Ventri will struggle to communicate with other races since they not only cannot understand their methods of communication, but cannot even recognize it as speech.

Name: Ventrus League
Current leader(s): Grand Mediator Pa'hkar
Notable figures: To be added as necessary.
Notable ships: To be added as necessary
Culture: The Ventri are extremely social and cooperative with one another. They have a strong sense of community and a belief in equality. Although there is a leader who speaks for the nation, all real governing responsibilities belong to the people. Every Ventri community makes decisions for itself through direct voting elects representatives to the Governing Committee to deal with matters of national importance.

Despite their peaceful coexistence with each other, the Ventri have little regard for other species. Having not yet encountered another civilization, they believe that they are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe and that they alone are entitled to rule over it.

History: The Ventrus League came into existence 3000 years ago on a small island during the planet's bronze age. Through a combination of diplomacy and conquest (although mostly diplomacy in recent years) it expanded to cover the entire planet and has now begun to colonize space.
Capital Planet: Ventrus
Religion: The Ventri worship a deity known as the Queen (or the King, the term is gender-neutral in their language). The Queen is the spiritual embodiment of their inter-connectivity, essentially a collective soul for the species.

The New American commonwealth
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:48 am

le tag
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We always live in an uncertain world. What is certain is that the United States will go forward over time." ~ Warren Buffett
Muh Freedom
The most Yankeeist Yankee of the Yankee people of NationStates

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:55 am

Maximum tag.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

The Greater Nordic Federation
Senator

Founded: May 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:14 pm

I made a Better one. Look Down.
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Federation on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Name: Thyrians
Appearance- The Thyrians are, simply put, humanoids in the form of plants. Their systems have faint resemblances to humans in structure, but are composed of plant cells and fibers in their entirety. They gain a main portion of their energy from sunlight in the form of photosynthesis (mostly while asleep, thus it is best for them to rest in a place with open lighting), but also require physical sustenance as well. They have "hair" in the form of long leaves that can be trimmed as well as grown out, and their colorations can range from green, red, blue, and even pink for some.
Male:
Thyrian Male
Female:
Female Thyrian
Thyrian with a flower on her head.

Note that none of them wear savage cloths anymore, they are a fairly advanced species.
Classification: Plant
Average lifespan: 100-120 years, due to their biology.
General personality traits: Formerly violent and territorial, but are now culturally and scientifically focused and reasonably friendly, due to a cultural renaissance of sorts currently happening among them.
General habitat: Typically lightly humid and vegetated environments are where they are most comfortable, along with areas with a large amount of sunlight. However, some have thrived in arid regions.
Diet: Solely carnivorous. (What, being herbivorous would be cannibalistic :p)
Other: Have thinner "bone" structures and more flexible muscle tissue than most races, thus making them more agile and incredibly lithe. However, this makes their bodies slightly weaker to force though, as in the can't withstand as much physical trauma as other races.

Nation app will be up soonish.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:33 pm

Charellia wrote:
Name: Ventri
Appearance- Average five feet, black exoskeleton, large ovoid heads. Ventri have no eyes or ears, but instead a single sensory organ mounted just above the mouth which produces and receives low frequency radio waves.
Male/ Female: Males and females are visibly indistinguishable.
Classification: Insectoid
General personality traits: Social and cooperative within their own society, but rigid and unable to adapt to change.
General habitat: A dark, hot environment, Carbon Monoxide atmosphere, lots of open space.
Egg or live birth: Egg.
Diet: Mostly different types of fungus.
Other: Ventri cannot see or hear. They sense their surroundings by generating radio waves which bounce off object. They communicate by modulating the frequency of these waves. As a result the Ventri will struggle to communicate with other races since they not only cannot understand their methods of communication, but cannot even recognize it as speech.

Name: Ventrus League
Current leader(s): Grand Mediator Pa'hkar
Notable figures: To be added as necessary.
Notable ships: To be added as necessary
Culture: The Ventri are extremely social and cooperative with one another. They have a strong sense of community and a belief in equality. Although there is a leader who speaks for the nation, all real governing responsibilities belong to the people. Every Ventri community makes decisions for itself through direct voting elects representatives to the Governing Committee to deal with matters of national importance.

Despite their peaceful coexistence with each other, the Ventri have little regard for other species. Having not yet encountered another civilization, they believe that they are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe and that they alone are entitled to rule over it.

History: The Ventrus League came into existence 3000 years ago on a small island during the planet's bronze age. Through a combination of diplomacy and conquest (although mostly diplomacy in recent years) it expanded to cover the entire planet and has now begun to colonize space.
Capital Planet: Ventrus
Religion: The Ventri worship a deity known as the Queen (or the King, the term is gender-neutral in their language). The Queen is the spiritual embodiment of their inter-connectivity, essentially a collective soul for the species.

Very interesting and accepted! I'm looking forward to meeting your people.

The Greater Nordic Federation wrote:Name: United Robotic Planets
Current leader(s): X-1030 MK.2
Notable figures: Heuristic Programmed Robot 19000, HAL 9000
Notable ships: The Central Data Center (A metal Sphere sustaining 1G) and the 5 RAM Stations
Culture: Robotic/Android
History: Since the First Conscious Androids, they started making more and more copies of them selves until at one point the Robots Revolted and Flew to space for many years. The Robots created a Nuclear Fusion Core to power themselves and that can be found in the Center of their Capitol Planet. Their Goal is to Catalog Every Species, planet, and Atom in the Universe and transmit it to their Library, The Central Data Center.
Capital Planet: The Central Data Center
Religion: The Almighty Programmer (Cybernetic Christianity but without Jesus)

I'll be honest, I'm uncertain whether this is a troll or not. I don't mean this in a rude manner, but you did sort of put very little work into it.

First off, you forgot a race sheet.
Secondly, it has no originality. You even used HAL.
And also, I very much dislike sentient robots. But the more in-depth ones are aloud.
Finally, for the religion, you said "Cybernetic Christianity but WITHOUT JESUS", which basically isn't at all Christianity. And sounds extremely offensive.

Thus, you are not accepted. Fix everything above, and I'll rethink my decision, but I doubt you will.

Illan wrote:Name: Thyrians
Appearance- The Thyrians are, simply put, humanoids in the form of plants. Their systems have faint resemblances to humans in structure, but are composed of plant cells and fibers in their entirety. They gain a main portion of their energy from sunlight in the form of photosynthesis (mostly while asleep, thus it is best for them to rest in a place with open lighting), but also require physical sustenance as well. They have "hair" in the form of long leaves that can be trimmed as well as grown out, and their colorations can range from green, red, blue, and even pink for some.
Male:
Thyrian Male
Female:
Female Thyrian
Thyrian with a flower on her head.

Note that none of them wear savage cloths anymore, they are a fairly advanced species.
Classification: Plant
Average lifespan: 100-120 years, due to their biology.
General personality traits: Formerly violent and territorial, but are now culturally and scientifically focused and reasonably friendly, due to a cultural renaissance of sorts currently happening among them.
General habitat: Typically lightly humid and vegetated environments are where they are most comfortable, along with areas with a large amount of sunlight. However, some have thrived in arid regions.
Diet: Solely carnivorous. (What, being herbivorous would be cannibalistic :p)
Other: Have thinner "bone" structures and more flexible muscle tissue than most races, thus making them more agile and incredibly lithe. However, this makes their bodies slightly weaker to force though, as in the can't withstand as much physical trauma as other races.

Nation app will be up soonish.

Accepted thus far, looking forward to a nation app. I'll put the IC up soon, since I'm being flooded with tags and apps. Which really surprises me. This is doing better then GalCon did!
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Alliir wrote:
Notable figures: Heuristic Programmed Robot 19000, HAL 9000
Notable ships: The Central Data Center (A metal Sphere sustaining 1G) and the 5 RAM Stations
History: Since the First Conscious Androids, they started making more and more copies of them selves until at one point the Robots Revolted and Flew to space for many years. The Robots created a Nuclear Fusion Core to power themselves and that can be found in the Center of their Capitol Planet. Their Goal is to Catalog Every Species, planet, and Atom in the Universe and transmit it to their Library, The Central Data Center.
Religion: The Almighty Programmer (Cybernetic Christianity but without Jesus)

I'll be honest, I'm uncertain whether this is a troll or not. I don't mean this in a rude manner, but you did sort of put very little work into it.

First off, you forgot a race sheet.
Secondly, it has no originality. You even used HAL.
And also, I very much dislike sentient robots. But the more in-depth ones are aloud.
Finally, for the religion, you said "Cybernetic Christianity but WITHOUT JESUS", which basically isn't at all Christianity. And sounds extremely offensive.

Thus, you are not accepted. Fix everything above, and I'll rethink my decision, but I doubt you will.

Yeah, probably should, and that was me seeing if my FIRST idea would work, obviously it didn't... I am sort of known for stupidity of Ideas, and sorry for being offensive I wasn't trying to come across as offensive.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Was removed by Nation
Last edited by The Greater Nordic Federation on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Notable figures: 'Vladimir' MK 108
History: Since the First Conscious Androids, they started making more and more copies of them selves until at one point the Robots Revolted and Flew to space for many years. The Robots created a Nuclear Fusion Core to power themselves and that can be found in the Center of their Capitol Planet. Their Goal is to Catalog Every Species, planet, and piece of Matter in the Universe and transmit it to their Library, The Central Data Center.
Religion: Humanism

Name: Artificial Intelligence.
Appearance- Any thing that is Robotic and Sentient
Male: See Above
Female: See Appearance
Classification: Android
Average lifespan: As long as the Hardware can work
General personality traits: Logical, Same as any other
General habitat: Computer Centers (Large Steel Planets) and Spaceships
Egg or live birth: Neither, Manufactured
Diet: Electricity
Other: Has an OS, Runs on Code, can be Reprogrammed, Updatable

It still feels unoriginal. And it seems you aren't putting much effort in.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Nordic Federation » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:01 pm

Alliir wrote:
Notable figures: 'Vladimir' MK 108
History: Since the First Conscious Androids, they started making more and more copies of them selves until at one point the Robots Revolted and Flew to space for many years. The Robots created a Nuclear Fusion Core to power themselves and that can be found in the Center of their Capitol Planet. Their Goal is to Catalog Every Species, planet, and piece of Matter in the Universe and transmit it to their Library, The Central Data Center.
Religion: Humanism

Name: Artificial Intelligence.
Appearance- Any thing that is Robotic and Sentient
Male: See Above
Female: See Appearance
Classification: Android
Average lifespan: As long as the Hardware can work
General personality traits: Logical, Same as any other
General habitat: Computer Centers (Large Steel Planets) and Spaceships
Egg or live birth: Neither, Manufactured
Diet: Electricity
Other: Has an OS, Runs on Code, can be Reprogrammed, Updatable

It still feels unoriginal. And it seems you aren't putting much effort in.

I'll be back, with something along those lines later. So I'll tag this.

Anacove states
Envoy

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:02 pm

Race sheet
Name: Mantids
Appearance-A large insect that has 4 legs and 2 arms that can meld into blades. It is green and likes to hunt in packs.
Male:Smaller than the females
Female:Larger than the males
Classification: insect
General personality traits: Aggressive, Logical
General habitat: Land
Egg or live birth: Egg
Diet: Carnivore
Other: Females are the dominant species

Nation sheet
Name: Anacove
Current leader(s): Manteer the Epic
Notable figures: Mantil the Engineer, Manfin the Conquerer
Notable ships: Will divulge into as it goes along
Culture: Matriarchal, They adore plays and Dramas
History: They started out as Hunters but soon developed into the first sentient life on there planet. soon a second sentient life form appeared and was soon eradicated. 6000 years ago they achieved space travel and have conquered many species.
Capital Planet: Nyxton
Last edited by Anacove states on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkhanic Assassins wrote:How do I game?

Torisakia wrote:Being first isn't a huge achievement. It's like getting the firing squad over the electric chair-either way, you win nothing.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Anacove states wrote:Race sheet
Name: Mantids
Appearance-A large insect that has 4 legs and 2 arms that can meld into blades. It is green and likes to hunt in packs.
Male:Smaller than the females
Female:Larger than the males
Classification: insect
General personality traits: Aggressive, Logical
General habitat: Land
Egg or live birth: Egg
Diet: Carnivore
Other: Females are the dominant species

Nation sheet
Name: Anacove
Current leader(s): Manteer the Epic
Notable figures: Mantil the Engineer, Manfin the Conquerer
Notable ships: Will divulge into as it goes along
Culture: Matriarchal, They adore plays and Dramas
History: They started out as Hunters but soon developed into the first sentient life on there planet. soon a second sentient life form appeared and was soon eradicated. 6000 years ago they achieved space travel and have conquered many species.
Capital Planet: Nyxton

Not the most original idea, but acceptable. Although what did you mean by "Can meld into blades"? I take it you didn't mean their arms can turn into swords.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Anacove states
Envoy

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Anacove states » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:08 pm

sorry not blades but have you seen the mantis arms its kind of like that. Its an evolutionary trait that allows regular hands when in normal states but when threatened or about to attack they "unroll" and are sharp. Like our adrenaline, only, more dangerous. Also is this forumn the IC or OOC.
Last edited by Anacove states on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arkhanic Assassins wrote:How do I game?

Torisakia wrote:Being first isn't a huge achievement. It's like getting the firing squad over the electric chair-either way, you win nothing.

Alliir
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Alliir » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:14 pm

Anacove states wrote:sorry not blades but have you seen the mantis arms its kind of like that. Its an evolutionary trait that allows regular hands when in normal states but when threatened or about to attack they "unroll" and are sharp. Like our adrenaline, only, more dangerous.

Ok... Accepted, then.
I'm religious.
I'm stupid.

Velkia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Velkia » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:24 pm

Alliir wrote:Welcome to Age of Expansion! After quite a while to hone my roleplaying and OPing abilities, I have not created a roleplay as successful as Galactic Civilizations. With that in mind, I've decided to create a third roleplay within that world, this time following the basic idea of GalCon; Endless possibilities. You can choose what to do, what the universe around you becomes. Instead of forcing a major plot device or restricting the world, I will allow the players to do what they wish. If this means going to war, or creating an alliance, or going through endless First Contacts, then so be it.
And so, here we go. If this fails, then Galactic Conquest will have been a single, impossible jewel. If it succeeds, then I'll be rather happy.

Gameplay
What I will likely call AE, confusingly, is a roleplay based on freedom. You create a race of your own, however you'd like (Within acceptable limits). You can then expand, either through alliance or through war. Or neither, if you want to be perfectly neutral. You can develop the culture, technology and personality of your species. You could focus on internal issues, or you could work more on relations with the other players. In the end, it's your choice what to do with your race. And this seems to be the reason why this type of roleplay does well.

Rules
No godmodding. As always, don't godmod. It's especially risky with this style of roleplay, where the trust is in the players.
Max size for ships will be 4KM. This is somewhat a branch of the Godmodding rule, but it should be noted.
Don't create ridiculously coincidental/mood-killing scenes. This include, but is not limited to, stumbling in on a first-encounter.
Don't flame/troll/bully. Though I dislike using the term Bully, I find it necessary in some cases.
Do not argue within the OOC. If you must, take it to Telegram.
My word is law. Though you're free to question it, I have the last say in the matter.
Make you're application interesting. I don't want to accept it because it follows rules, I want to accept it because it will make a good addition to the roleplay.
And universal-translators are aloud, but not necessary.

Unnecessary but rather interesting LORE, which have no hold on the roleplay itself, aside from allowing for references. And interest.
The Three, a name that is now legend. An alliance formed, and held, through not only war, but also disease and famine. Built from three races, each varying greatly and seemingly opposites; The brutish, reptilian Gret; The aquatic, shark-like Dicarians; and the intelligent, cat-like Nek'ar. Their power only grew for many years, but over time, they began to rely too much on each other. When the Nek'ar contracted an incurable disease, the Dicarians crumbled along side them. With the Dicarian military no longer there to accompany the Gret, outlying forces quickly moved in. Today, the ruins of these long-dead civilizations still litter unoccupied areas of space. Although the races of old have long since disappeared, their affects are still notable throughout the inhabited galaxy.

The Age of Burning was filled with warfare. With the Gret's borders shrinking due to overpopulation in neighboring regions, and the Alliance beginning to deteriorate due to the loss of the Nek'ar, an insurrection exploded from the Red Giant of R'dev. Gretian forces ripping through fleet after fleet, ever expanding, the war grew to unexpected levels. However, the Gretian military failed, and soon were engulfed. They died off soon after.

After the fall of R'dev, and the complete destruction of The Three, races squabbled over land and culture and diplomacy. Unable to hold piece with so many different, varied voices, the galaxy fell into ruin, and a new generation began. This was the Age of Expansion. As new races evolved, regained footing, or simply left the warm atmosphere of their planets, new alliances were forged, new wars fought. However, this age has not been written. It is only beginning, and it is not my choice how it will end.

Time to create your races/nation. Time to join the interstellar club.
Race sheet, max of three
[b]Name:[/b]Draconian
[b]Appearance-[/b]tall reptilians green scales
[b]Male:[/b]8 -9 ft mating claws horns
[b]Female:[/b]7ft-7.5 ft bald
[b]Classification:[/b](Bird, reptile, mammal)reptile
[b]Average lifespan:[/b]depends on class
[b]General personality traits:[/b](Brutish, cold, logical, etc)cold brutish arrogant
[b]General habitat:[/b]ranges from wet swampy to desert envrioments
[b]Egg or live birth:[/b] egg
[b]Diet:[/b]any type of meat
[b]Other:[/b]
separated into classes in this order workers warriors scientist lords queens and kings tail determines class shortest to longest king and queens have wings a hive like society any one below lord is a mindless drone

Nation sheetDraconian Empire
[b]Current leader(s):[/b]Xeres Lokis
[b]Notable figures:[/b]the cikar clan
[b]Notable ships:[/b]long cigar like ships
[b]Culture:[/b]service to self when a baby draco is born on a birth planet the mother leaves it to defend itself from hostile life forms the weakest are rooted out  if it survives it joins a warrior group 
[b]History:[/b]the draconians have conquered and enslaved many races across the galaxy   
[b]Capital Planet:[/b]Pan zyon
[b]Religion:[/b](If any)
none

I believe that is all. I might post some stuff(Such as races, languages, etc) below, for later use. Hope some people join, I'll likely put up the IC when we reach 3 people. If I'm missing anything, please tell me, and I'm glad you read the entire OP.
Last edited by Velkia on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse