NATION

PASSWORD

Elton John helps rescue boy, 6, from Russian tanks

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Elton John helps rescue boy, 6, from Russian tanks

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:03 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/el ... oy-4142590

Sir Elton John kisses little Lev in 2009

Sir Elton John is believed to have helped rescue a boy whose city in Ukraine faces being overrun by Russian tanks.

The singer met Lev Ageyeva, six, in 2009 at an orphanage and declared at the time: "I would love to adopt him... he has stolen my heart."

He could not become his parent due to his age - he is 67 - and because gay couples were banned from adopting in Ukraine.

But Sir Elton, who has two sons, said: "I won't give up on him, ever."

At the weekend, Ukrainian socialite Olena Franchuk, a close friend of the star, organised a 460-mile bus dash to get Lev out of Mariupol .
It is thought Sir Elton and partner David Furnish, 51, were involved in the operation to bring Lev, brother Artyom, seven, and grandmother Yulia Ageyeva, 61, to Kiev.

Yulia said: "People say Russian tanks will attack soon. I thank God for whoever helped us. We've been told we will be moved to a flat and there's a school not far away."

The singer's spokesman declined to comment.

However, Sir Elton John visited Ukraine with his AIDS charity foundation in 2009 and two years previous the singer gave a free concert on the main square in Kiev to raise awareness of HIV and AIDS .

His AIDS Foundation collaborates with the Ukrainian Anti-AIDS Foundation set up by Franchuk, daughter of former President Leonid Kuchma.

As anyone who follows my posts knows, I'm in love with this man. He has created amazing music, helped others with drug addiction, fought against the plague of AIDS and is now reported to have had a critical role in saving this beautiful boy from Russian tanks. We also know he has a deep love for children and neturing them, as seen in his song Blessed

So he gets points for this in my eyes.

What does NSG think?(DO NOT turn this into a political thread.)
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Othelos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Othelos » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:05 pm

that's good

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:06 pm

For some reason, I doubt that Russian tanks are interested in attacking a 6 year old boy. And, as for collateral damage, where was he living? Because I can find it on a map, and the Ukrainian troops are in full-retreat, hell, maybe a rout. The war will be over in no more than a couple of months.

Ah, Mariupol; shame he didn't seem to care when the Ukrainians attacked the city -- on Victory Day no less, killing several protesters.
Last edited by United Marxist Nations on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
St. John Chrysostom wrote:A comprehended God is no God.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:20 pm

When did NSG become a Facebook feed?

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:22 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:For some reason, I doubt that Russian tanks are interested in attacking a 6 year old boy. And, as for collateral damage, where was he living? Because I can find it on a map, and the Ukrainian troops are in full-retreat, hell, maybe a rout. The war will be over in no more than a couple of months.

Ah, Mariupol; shame he didn't seem to care when the Ukrainians attacked the city -- on Victory Day no less, killing several protesters.

The boy could've been killed in the crossfire, and most likely would have.

Come on, he practically helped save a boy's life! Atleast give him /some/ credit.
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Wars:

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Avenio wrote:When did NSG become a Facebook feed?

This is newsworthy.
Wars:

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:23 pm

Draica wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:For some reason, I doubt that Russian tanks are interested in attacking a 6 year old boy. And, as for collateral damage, where was he living? Because I can find it on a map, and the Ukrainian troops are in full-retreat, hell, maybe a rout. The war will be over in no more than a couple of months.

Come on, he practically helped save a boy's life! Atleast give him /some/ credit.

Considering that, thus far, only 2500 or so civilians have died in the fighting, much of which has taken place inside cities much larger than Mariupol, it is not "most likely" by a long shot.
The Kievan People wrote: United Marxist Nations: A prayer for every soul, a plan for every economy and a waifu for every man. Solid.

Eastern Orthodox Catechumen. Religious communitarian with Sorelian, Marxist, and Traditionalist influences. Sympathies toward Sunni Islam. All flags/avatars are chosen for aesthetic or humor purposes only

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:26 pm

United Marxist Nations wrote:
Draica wrote:

Considering that, thus far, only 2500 or so civilians have died in the fighting, much of which has taken place inside cities much larger than Mariupol, it is not "most likely" by a long shot.

So you would've perferred Elton to just have left the boy there so fate could decide what would happen to him?

What the hell is wrong with you?
Wars:

The Fascist American Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Didn't have a clue who Elton John is until I read the short description at the end of the OP, but it's nice that he kept the boy from being run over by a tank. Despite the fact that I love Russia more than I love my own country. LONG LIVE VLADIMIR PUTIN!!!
Last edited by The Fascist American Empire on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty
[quote="Arkandros";p="20014230"]

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:28 pm

The Fascist American Empire wrote:Didn't have a clue who Elton John is until I read the short description at the end of the OP, but it's nice that he kept the boy from being run over by a tank. Despite the fact that I love Russia more than I love my own country.

He's an awesome guy.
Wars:

Northern European Senates remnants
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern European Senates remnants » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:30 pm

That's what they said about ww1 look how that turned out.
By the way this is my awesome factbook it would be muchly appreciated if you rated it, Thankyou
Please rate this Factbook
[color=#0040FF]

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:30 pm

Draica wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Considering that, thus far, only 2500 or so civilians have died in the fighting, much of which has taken place inside cities much larger than Mariupol, it is not "most likely" by a long shot.

So you would've perferred Elton to just have left the boy there so fate could decide what would happen to him?

No, I just think that not much would have come of it, and that this is a silly thing to bring up in the context of what is becoming a massive conflict; why not bring up how Russia has accepted up to 730,000 civilians fleeing conflict, as the Ukrainian Army placed Donetsk (a city with a metropolitan area containing 2.5 million people)?

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Istanistan » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:31 pm

Great guy and good for him, but if he's going to do that, then he shouldn't stop there. He should be using star power to raise food and medical aid donations to help the rest of the Ukrainian people recover from their government's ill-advised confrontation with Russia and dubiously moral tactics.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

DYNASTIES ARE THEFT/IMPEACH REINHARD/YANG WENLI 2020

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Draica wrote:

No, I just think that not much would have come of it, and that this is a silly thing to bring up in the context of what is becoming a massive conflict; why not bring up how Russia has accepted up to 730,000 civilians fleeing conflict, as the Ukrainian Army placed Donetsk (a city with a metropolitan area containing 2.5 million people)?

He did a good deed, that's enough for me.
Wars:

Empire of Narnia
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Narnia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 pm

I don't know what to say that won't get me banned.....

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:34 pm

Greater Istanistan wrote:Great guy and good for him, but if he's going to do that, then he shouldn't stop there. He should be using star power to raise food and medical aid donations to help the rest of the Ukrainian people recover from their government's ill-advised confrontation with Russia and dubiously moral tactics.

I agree. He's also going to visit Putin in december to talk about gay rights in Russia.

He's more celebrity than most of these modern day stars will ever be.
Wars:

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:38 pm

Draica wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:No, I just think that not much would have come of it, and that this is a silly thing to bring up in the context of what is becoming a massive conflict; why not bring up how Russia has accepted up to 730,000 civilians fleeing conflict, as the Ukrainian Army placed Donetsk (a city with a metropolitan area containing 2.5 million people)?

Yes, but I'm not really sure how newsworthy it is.

The Fascist American Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fascist American Empire » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Draica wrote:

Yes, but I'm not really sure how newsworthy it is.

You, my friend, have never heard of CNN... or tabloids.

Americans, hands off Ukraine and let Russia do what they will in their own sphere of influence! You are not the world's police!
You obviously do since you posted a response like the shifty little red velvet pseudo ant you are. Yes I am onto your little tricks you hissing pest you exoskeleton brier patch you. Now crawl back in to that patch of grass you call hell and hiss some more. -Benuty
[quote="Arkandros";p="20014230"]

RIP Eli Waller
Race! It is a feeling, not a reality: ninety-five percent, at least, is a feeling. Nothing will ever make me believe that biologically pure races can be shown to exist today. -Benito Mussolini

United Marxist Nations
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby United Marxist Nations » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:48 pm

The Fascist American Empire wrote:
United Marxist Nations wrote:Yes, but I'm not really sure how newsworthy it is.

You, my friend, have never heard of CNN... or tabloids.

Oh, I know plenty about #CNN. #MH370 #WolfBlitzer

Nightkill the Emperor
Post Kaiser

Founded: Dec 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Nightkill the Emperor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:02 pm

I'll be blunt when I say that this is an absolutely glorious topic title, due to the imagery that popped in my head of Elton John glaring down a Russian tank.
Hi! I'm Khan, your local misanthropic Indian.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM RP Discussion Thread
If you want a good rp, read this shit.
Tiami is cool.
Nat: Night's always in some bizarre state somewhere between "intoxicated enough to kill a hair metal lead singer" and "annoying Mormon missionary sober".

Swith: It's because you're so awesome. God himself refreshes the screen before he types just to see if Nightkill has written anything while he was off somewhere else.

Monfrox wrote:
The balkens wrote:
# went there....

It's Nightkill. He's been there so long he rents out rooms to other people at a flat rate, but demands cash up front.

Draica
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Draica » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'll be blunt when I say that this is an absolutely glorious topic title, due to the imagery that popped in my head of Elton John glaring down a Russian tank.

That'd be awesome!
Wars:

Sun Wukong
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sun Wukong » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:I'll be blunt when I say that this is an absolutely glorious topic title, due to the imagery that popped in my head of Elton John glaring down a Russian tank.

And then destroying them with a "Fus Ro Dah!"
Great Sage, Equal of Heaven.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:19 pm

Draica wrote:
Avenio wrote:When did NSG become a Facebook feed?

This is newsworthy.

Not really. It's the usual 'aww, that's nice' 10-milisecond fluff that shows up on the morning news and everyone forgets about.

OMGeverynameistaken
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby OMGeverynameistaken » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 pm

"Stop, comrade tank driver! We must halt our glorious communist invasion of Ukraine in order to oppress that small child!"

"But comrade commissar! We must keep to the schedule, or we will not receive our ration of borscht and vodka!"

"Nonsense, comrade tank driver! We are evil, and must keep up appearances! The glorious people's revolutionary oppression command will surely reward us for going out of our way to bring oppression and terror to small children! Now drive me closer, I want to hit it with my riding crop!"
I AM DISAPPOINTED

Neoconstantius
Minister

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neoconstantius » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Facebook and r/worldnews style titles have really been leaking into NSG recently.

It's not as if Russia has sent tanks into Ukraine to specifically target this child. So, good on Elton John, but when so many men, women, and children are suffering in this war it seems rather insignificant.
GO ILLINI
Ja Rusyn byl, jesm'y budu.
Podkarpatskie Rusyny, ostavte hlubokyj son!
Sloboda! Autonómia! Nezávislosť!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General