NATION

PASSWORD

The Conduit Effect (ME/InFamous X/over, OOC, Open, Sign-ups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

The Conduit Effect (ME/InFamous X/over, OOC, Open, Sign-ups)

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:54 pm

In the year 2014, Delsin Rowe, showed the world what was really happening inside the D.U.P and got the D.U.P shut down as well as freeing the conduits locked inside Curdun Cay. The years following these events had an immense technological boom while a severe reduction in crime thanks to the Conduits assured the people that they were there to help. Humanity soon began to reach to the starts and found the Prothean beacon on mars that lead them farther into the galaxy Where they came into conflict with the Alien race known as the Turians. Thanks to the aid of the conduits very few lives were lost on both sides. But the Turians were shocked to see what Conduits were capable of. Very powerful and extremely efficient. And many seem to have varying abilities making them highly unpredictable. Peace was achieved and humanity entered the galactic stage after 140 years of technological growth. The three Council races where almost in awe of how fast humans adapted and spread. But their conduits were what scared them the most. One of them was worth at least one hundred soldiers and their true potential was unknown. The Council asked if the Humans would share their technology to create artificial Conduits. The Humans agreed under the conditions that they were to have a seat in the Council. The Council reluctantly agreed and the humans came forth with their Ray Field technology. Eventually the Asari, Turians, and Salarians were having their own natural Conduits spawned from their artificial ones. To aid them, the Humans opened Curdun Cay, which had be re-purposed as a Conduit Training Academy, to the three races and offered to train their Conduits until they could figure it out on their own. They accepted and Curdun became one of the most well known places in the Conduit community. The militaries for each race offered substantial bonuses for Conduits who decided to join them. Just as the Mercenary gangs did. The Year is now 2180 and a Conduit only group known simply as The Elite, an all Conduit mercenary company, muscled its way to being one of the dominant mercenary forces in the galaxy. Of course many of the other races wanted their taste of a Conduits power and tried to replicate the Ray Field tech with varying success. There are small rumors of a group that is anti-alien and extremely pro human.

Now that you've read that nice wall of text. Let's get to the fun part! There are two types of Conduit. Natural and Artificial. Natural Conduits are the more powerful of the two and can have their powers increased in a variety of ways. Artificial Conduits however are quite a bit weaker, and can only have their powers increased via Blast Core. All races can have natural Conduits.

There are some Conduit abilities they all Share: Heavily increased durability(Moderately tougher than Krogan),* They are not injured from falls of any height, Healing factor(Increased to nearly instant when absorbing their element)*, Moderately increased strength, and Enhanced stamina. The power to heal minor to moderate wounds.* Having powers upgraded.

Natural Conduit powers are normally upgraded: In times of extreme stress or near death situations, Blast cores, Exposure to a very large amount of their power (A power plant for an electrockinetic, an ocean for a hydrokinetic). Artificial conduits can only have their powers amped via blast core.

*= Not applicable to Artificial Conduits

Rules.

I am your lord and master God. What I say goes. Though I will very rarely use this. Except here.
Please try to avoid one-liners.
All characters MUST have a weakness. Most of the time it will be your antithesis (electricity and water, Fire and Ice, Ect.)
No killing another person's character unless both parties involved are okay with it!
No killing vital NPCs in the story please (Unless I say otherwise)! Killing nameless people is completely fine!
No Godmodding. DON'T: Hero A shoots a lightning bolt at Hero B and knocks him out. DO: Hero A sees Hero B and strikes first by launching a lightning bolt at him.
Sex is in Mass Effect. Please do a fade to black if you're doing that.
Fun is MANDATORY!
You can have up to THREE characters. But they must all be different races with different powers.

APP
Code: Select all
Name:
Race:
Appearance(Pics are acceptable. Use spoiler tag):
Conduit Type: Natural or Artificial
If Artificial, Biotics?:
Equipment(If any):
Power:
Short history:
Weakness:

If you're having trouble coming up with a power to use. Here's a list of powers used in the Infamous universe. Please note that you DO NOT have to use one from this list!

Carpentry Manipulation
Concrete Manipulation
Cryokinesis
Electrokinesis/Electromagnetism
Energy Manipulation
Flight
Glass Manipulation
Gravity Manipulation
Magnetic Manipulation
Masonry Manipulation
Mirror Manipulation
Neon Manipulation
Organic Manipulation
Paper Manipulation
Power Absorption
Power Development
Pressurized Water Manipulation
Pyrokinesis
Shadow Manipulation
Shape Shifting
Smoke Manipulation
Steam Manipulation
Street Manipulation
Tar Manipulation
Telekinesis
Teleportation
Telepathy
Video Manipulation
Wire Manipulation
Wood Manipulation

The Conduit Effect IC

My App(s)

Name: Alex Nolan
Race: Human
Appearance(Pics are acceptable. Use spoiler tag): 5'11", Short beard, highly tanned skin, Very short black hair, Brown eyes.
Conduit Type: Natural
If Artificial, Biotics?:
Equipment(If any): Omnitool with dozens of heavy metal songs.
Power: Electrokinesis
Short history: Alex was born and raised in Texas. He went to school like any good boy and got fairly decent grades until the day his powers manifested themselves around the age of 16 when he got into a fight in self defense and almost killed his attacked by shocking him. His father was proud and his highly religious mother terrified that he wouldn't be able to control them. He managed to convince her that his powers were a gift from God and that seemed to help her calm down. A week later he entered Curdun Cay and began to master his abilities and thanks to the exposure to the other council races, began to form an appreciation and basic understanding of their culture and even befriend some of them. He found his powers to be fairly easy to control and often imitated Darth Sidious and his "UNLIMITED POWAH!" Speech whenever he used his powers. Often to others delight or irritation for making an ancient reference.
Weakness: Cannot get in water while he still have some of his power juice left or he will short circuit himself.

Assistance was provided from The Council of The Multiverse!
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:03 am, edited 7 times in total.

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:44 pm

I would say return of the akeelonches but i doubt you'll allow them so:

Name:Anthony
Race:Human
Appearence: height like anyother average highschooler, black hair. Mustache. Brown eyes. Blue shirt. Ripped jeans.
Conduit:Natrual

Equipment: gloves that were special made so he doesnt burn his fingers whenever he shoots electricity. [yes going with an infamous person] sunglasses and a coat.
Power: can shoot electricity, can slide across wires. EMP. Can absorb electricity. Jump high if charged enough electricity.
Short history: The same thing that happed to the first infamous guy. But to a teenager. {on my Xbox so dont expect an amazing backstory til tomorrow.
Weakness: Falling into water auto kills him.
☻/
/▌ The slenderman is always watching.
/ \
http://www.youtube.com/user/ClubPenguinajl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSTlbpf4Dxo
https://youtu.be/f_GC8wiEuXo
https://youtu.be/mQfcFjzWuX8
Check out my YouTube channel! Some Links are above! ^

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:48 pm

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King wrote:I would say return of the akeelonches but i doubt you'll allow them so:

Appearence: height like anyother average highschooler, black hair. Mustache. Brown eyes. Blue shirt. Ripped jeans.

Equipment: gloves that were special made so he doesnt burn his fingers whenever he shoots electricity. [yes going with an infamous person] sunglasses and a coat.
Power: can shoot electricity, can slide across wires. EMP. Can absorb electricity. Jump high if charged enough electricity.
Short history: The same thing that happed to the first infamous guy. But to a teenager. {on my Xbox so dont expect an amazing backstory til tomorrow.

You mean Cole and no. There is only one Ray Sphere and it's locked up in Curdun Cay.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Slenderman The CreepyPasta King wrote:I would say return of the akeelonches but i doubt you'll allow them so:

You mean Cole and no. There is only one Ray Sphere and it's locked up in Curdun Cay.

i keep on forgetting his name. And dangit. I wanted the powers without looking at those creepy eyeball things. But fine. I'll repost tomorrow. I have to go to bed right now.
☻/
/ \

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:55 pm

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King wrote:

i keep on forgetting his name. And dangit. I wanted the powers without looking at those creepy eyeball things. But fine. I'll repost tomorrow. I have to go to bed right now.

Creepy eye things? And try to pick something other than electrokinesis since I already have that. You don't have to elaborate on your powers. Thats for your character to do.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:15 pm

You bum! You're supposed to tell me when you do shit like this! Now I'm already invested with this post, I'm upset, and excited!

:evil: :twisted: :lol2:
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:20 am

The Templar High Council wrote:You bum! You're supposed to tell me when you do shit like this! Now I'm already invested with this post, I'm upset, and excited!

I posted the link in The Multiverse Council thread as well as the advertisement thread! You have no excuse other than being lazy! 8)

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:16 am

The Templar High Council wrote:You bum! You're supposed to tell me when you do shit like this! Now I'm already invested with this post, I'm upset, and excited!

I posted the link in The Multiverse Council thread as well as the advertisement thread! You have no excuse other than being lazy! 8)

The Republic of Atria wrote:I thought I posted the link in this thread. Guess not.

Yeah. Guess not.

I can read numbers! There are post times tacked on!
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:30 am

The Templar High Council wrote:

The Republic of Atria wrote:I thought I posted the link in this thread. Guess not.

Yeah. Guess not.

Well it's there now. You gonna post an APP?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:41 am

Creepy eye things? And try to pick something other than electrokinesis since I already have that. You don't have to elaborate on your powers. Thats for your character to do.

the creepy eye things, the things that come up from the ground out of nowhere later on in the game, almost literally everywhere, that look like eyeballs.
☻/
/ \

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:43 am

the creepy eye things, the things that come up from the ground out of nowhere later on in the game, almost literally everywhere, that look like eyeballs.

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:45 am

Equipment: sunglasses and a coat.
Power: can shoot fire from his hands, can absorb fire.
Short history: Anthony was a normal teenager until he was trapped in a school fire. But instead of the smoke killing him, he gained powers from it, powers that he already had but weren't activated until that moment. He decided to keep them under wraps until something bad was happening.
Weakness: Falling into water auto kills him. Water, like 200-300 gallons. (OR HOWEVER MUCH IS IN THE FIRE HOSES)
☻/
/ \

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:47 am

Slenderman The CreepyPasta King wrote:Name:Anthony

Power: can shoot fire from his hands, can absorb fire.
Short history: Anthony was a normal teenager until he was trapped in a school fire. But instead of the smoke killing him, he gained powers from it, powers that he already had but weren't activated until that moment. He decided to keep them under wraps until something bad was happening.
Weakness: Falling into water auto kills him. Water, like 200-300 gallons. (OR HOWEVER MUCH IS IN THE FIRE HOSES)

You can just put Pyrokinesis in the powers section. Try to be a little more detailed in your backstory. And for the weakness you can just say that he loses his powers in water.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 am

I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.

eh, whatever, either my game was glitched or i'm messing up what they look like.
☻/
/ \

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 am

May add another two characters. If I do, I'll just expand this post.

Name: Jessica "Ice Queen" Atlas McClintock

Race: Human

Appearance(Pics are acceptable. Use spoiler tag):

Conduit Type: Natural

If Artificial, Biotics?: N/A

Equipment(If any):

Default Attire

(Casual One Discription) She wears black fingerless and knuckle less gloves with a plain black tank-top shirt with with daisy-duke shorts and steel toe combat boots. She has a tribal tattoo that on her upper right arm. Usually wears a brown leather double holster shoulder rig.

(Casual Two Discription) Alternativly, she wears a opened brown, fleece jacket with a thin black long-sleeved sweater, and black yoga pants all worn over a horizontally striped, belt buckled down skirt, and brown leather cowgirl boots.

Additional Attire
Alliance Marine Fatigues, PT Gear & Dress Uniform

Misc.
4 packs of Malboro Red's
Card deck
Personal omni-tool
Dual M-3 Predator service pistols(if OP allows)
Personal Bowie fighting knife (if OP allows)

Power: Cryokinesis

Short history:
Timeline

January, 2144-Born at Reconcilliation General Hospital in Charleston, South Carolina to parents Colonel Atlas Bragg McClintock, & Doctor Jessica Langley McClintock. First of five children. His abilites were dormant, and would manifest only later into active powers.

2150; Age 6: Family relocated to Outreach City, capitol of Shanxi Colony. Atlas McClintock stationed at Fort Resolute as commadant of the city garrison. Doctor Jessica McClintock practiced at the Farragut Naval Station as senior civilian medical advisor.

October-December 2157; Age 13: First Contact War insues. Shanxi is occupied. Atlas McClintock and the remaining garrison from Resolute are among the last Alliance units to capitulate. The McClintock clan and others are moved from their home to a Turian-garrisoned stockade for the duration of the conflict. Powers manifested during incarceration. Resulting guard deaths were covered up by the Turian Heirarchy. Dorian was moved to SuperMax wing, seperate from the rest of the family.

January 2158; Age 14: The family returns to Charelston. Atlas McClintock made Brig. General for service and sacrifice rendered during the previous conflict. Dorrian is placed under secret survillence by Alliance Military High Command after records of the stockade camp incidents were recovered. No further use of powers occured, so no use of action was taken prior to Torfan.

2162; Age 18: Graduates from Fillmore High. Publishes a 3 book series entitled Behind The Razor Wire: A Witness to the Shanxi Occupation. Accepted into The Citadel, the South Carolina military academy. Becomes an activist in the Alliance political community.

2166; Age 22: Graduates from The Citadel. Commissioned aboard Alliance carrier SSV Moscow. Becomes involved with a plethora of human-centric organizations. Publishes We All Bleed Red: A Thesis on Human Unity Against the Alien Threat

2166-2170;Age 22-29: Attains rank of Alliance Marine Captain. Served aboard the SSV Everest. Became a major contributor of HUAC, Alliance-Sector, and Third Echelon. All human interest and anti-Turian organizations.

2173-2180; Age 29-36: Served aboard the SSV Agincourt until Inducted into Curdun Cay on request from Alliance Military High Command, and his father, Leuitenant General Atlas McClintock.

Weakness: Lack of moisture in enviorment. Is more subceptible to heat. Antithesis to Pyrokenisis, and vice versa.
Last edited by TriStates on Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:37 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:54 am

Power: pyrokenesis
Short history: Anthony was a normal teenager until he was trapped in a school fire. But instead of the smoke killing him, the smoke went into his mouth, hands, eyes and up his nose, and he gained powers from it, powers that he already had but weren't activated until that moment. He decided to keep them under wraps until something bad was happening. When a fire at a firework's store broke out out of nowhere, the clerk and everyone in there was stuck. So he rushed in and absorbed the fire enough so everyone could get out and away. When everyone was out he rushed out with them.
Weakness: Water makes him loose his powers.
Last edited by Slenderman The CreepyPasta King on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
☻/
/ \

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:55 am

I would like your app's story to be at least 4 lines.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Slenderman The CreepyPasta King » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:58 am

Short history: Anthony was a normal teenager until he was trapped in a school fire. But instead of the smoke killing him, the smoke went into his mouth, hands, eyes and up his nose, and he gained powers from it, powers that he already had but weren't activated until that moment. He decided to keep them under wraps until something bad was happening. When a fire at a firework's store broke out out of nowhere, the clerk and everyone in there was stuck. So he rushed in and absorbed the fire enough so everyone could get out and away. When everyone was out he rushed out with them.

now? lol
☻/
/ \

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:00 am

now? lol

Much better. Accepted.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:44 am

Yeah. Guess not.

When I get home tonight. I'm out on the town for most of the day.

Can you include the CoM phrase in the OP? We did actually help.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:53 am

When I get home tonight. I'm out on the town for most of the day.

Can you include the CoM phrase in the OP? We did actually help.

Done and Done!

Diabolus Thronus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Diabolus Thronus » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Tagged

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:11 pm

Diabolus Thronus wrote:Tagged

You. Me. Atria.

The unbreakable trio ever since inFamous.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:24 pm

Diabolus Thronus wrote:Tagged

You. Me. Atria.

The unbreakable trio ever since inFamous.

Guess I'm the odd man out in a thread full of regs. :p
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Oh my gawd. Mass Effect and Infamous?

Faekin yass!
yee haw it's time for mass line

Next