NATION

PASSWORD

Rising Sun over Australia (OOC, Signups, Alt History)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Rising Sun over Australia (OOC, Signups, Alt History)

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Welcome to June 1942. The Japanese, have just been defeated at Midway, but now, fresh from their victories in the South Pacific, Imperial Forces are poised land in the Land Down Under, Australia, and force one of the major Allied Powers in the Pacific out of the war.

With the blessing of the Emperor, this great campaign for the ages is about to begin. Tenno Heika Banzai!

Basically, Japanese forces, will land in Australia (somewhere around Darwin, perhaps), and work their way across Northern Australia, this campaign, will be one of the most deadly and drawn out in the entire Pacific War.

Rules
1. Thou Shall Not Godmod
2. Thou shall not be a dick
3. All arguments/disagreements should be submitted to the OP/COOP, and we will work on solving the issue.
4. We do have a bit of storyline worked out for the first part, but after that, it's going to be free movement
5. No one liners
6. Number spamming (such as 14 million troops or the likes) will be considered Godmodding
7. Nations must be real and historically accurate

Reserved/Taken Nations
The United States of America - Organized States (OP)
The Commonwealth of Australia - Alleniana (COOP)
The Commonwealth of New Zealand-Prevnina
The British Empire (Reserved, Pending App)
The Empire of Japan (Temporary Hiatus, awaiting decision between OPs)
South Africa (temporary hiatus)
Canada (temporary hiatus)
Manchukuo-Zeinbrad
Nations Needed

Resistance/Collaborator Group
Northern Territory Volunteers
Brisbane Resistance Front
Applications
Nation App
Code: Select all
Nation name:
Government Type:
National Leader(s):
Military Forces in Australia:
RP example:

Resistance/Collaborator Group:
Code: Select all
Name of Group:
Number of members:
Leader(s):
Allies:
Side: Japanese or Allied
RP example:

IC
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=310837
Last edited by Organized States on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:11 am, edited 12 times in total.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:52 pm

Bump.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Prevnina
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:03 pm

So have they taken New Guinea?

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:53 pm

Prevnina wrote:So have they taken New Guinea?

Yes.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Organized States wrote:
Prevnina wrote:So have they taken New Guinea?

Yes.

Ok, I'll reserve New Zealand if I can.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:56 pm

Prevnina wrote:
Organized States wrote:Yes.

Ok, I'll reserve New Zealand if I can.

Sure. Let me add it to the OP now.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Lingang
Minister

Founded: Jan 16, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lingang » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:57 pm

Reserving British Empire please. I'll be back in the morning.
Last edited by Lingang on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Quotes:
"Check yourself before you Shrek yourself" ~ Independent State AF
"And He shall smite the wicked, and plunge them into the fiery pitt!" ~ Judge Claude Frollo (*then proceeds to fall in himself*)

Proud Native and former WA Delegate of South Pacific

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:58 pm

Lingang wrote:Reserving British Empire please.

Okay.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:01 am

Lingang wrote:Reserving British Empire please. I'll be back in the morning.

Ok, you get to boss me around :lol:

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:03 am

Prevnina wrote:
Lingang wrote:Reserving British Empire please. I'll be back in the morning.

Well, most strategic and tactical decisions are from none other than...

MacArthur!
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:04 am

Organized States wrote:Well, most strategic and tactical decisions are from none other than...

MacArthur!

Proto Bruce Willis

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:05 am

Prevnina wrote:
Organized States wrote:Well, most strategic and tactical decisions are from none other than...

MacArthur!

Proto Bruce Willis

Exactly!
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:20 am

Any takers on Japan? If not, I'll invite someone.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Prevnina
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Prevnina » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:44 am

Nation name: Dominion of New Zealand
Government Type: Constitutional monarchy, we have a democratically elected parliament and prime minister, as well as the current British monarch, and his(/her) appointed Governor General.
National Leader(s): King - George VI
Governor General - Cyril Newall
Prime Minister - Peter Fraser
Chief of Staff - Lt. General Edward Puttick
Deputy Chief of Staff - Keith Lindsay Stewart
Air Marshal - Victor Goddard
Air Marshal - Keith Park (In Malta, RAF)
Major General - Bernard Freyberg
Major General - William Gentry
Major General - Howard Kippenberger
Major General - Owen Mead
Major General - Graham Beresford Parkinson
Major General - Norman Weir

Military Forces: The majority of our forces are in Europe and North Africa, however there is the 3rd Division in the Pacific and a lot of troops in NZ for training at any point in time. In Australia itself we don't have any significant number of troops, perhaps some in transit to and from other theaters.

We have the 1st Division, 2nd Division, 3rd Division, 4th Division, and the 5th Division.

RP example: This one didn't last for long, this is a little better.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:49 am

Prevnina wrote:Nation name: Dominion of New Zealand
Government Type: Constitutional monarchy, we have a democratically elected parliament and prime minister, as well as the current British monarch, and his(/her) appointed Governor General.
National Leader(s): King - George VI
Governor General - Cyril Newall
Prime Minister - Peter Fraser
Chief of Staff - Lt. General Edward Puttick
Deputy Chief of Staff - Keith Lindsay Stewart
Air Marshal - Victor Goddard
Air Marshal - Keith Park (In Malta, RAF)
Major General - Bernard Freyberg
Major General - William Gentry
Major General - Howard Kippenberger
Major General - Owen Mead
Major General - Graham Beresford Parkinson
Major General - Norman Weir

Military Forces: The majority of our forces are in Europe and North Africa, however there is the 3rd Division in the Pacific and a lot of troops in NZ for training at any point in time. In Australia itself we don't have any significant number of troops, perhaps some in transit to and from other theaters.

We have the 1st Division, 2nd Division, 3rd Division, 4th Division, and the 5th Division.

RP example: This one didn't last for long, this is a little better.

Accepted.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Maharo
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Maharo » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:14 am

Who holds the Philippines?
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature
Male, 13, Filipino

Generation 35 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
ANNOUNCEMENT: WILL BE GONE FROM AUGUST13-15

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:15 am

Maharo wrote:Who holds the Philippines?

It's under Japanese Control.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:50 am

Bump
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Elam-Kurdistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elam-Kurdistan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:57 am

Nation name: Canada
Government Type: Constitutional Monarchy
National Leader(s): King George VI, Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King
Military Forces in Australia: 10,000 in Australia (1 million total)
RP example: Cold War 5 viewtopic.php?f=5&t=295150&hilit=nikita
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=303736&hilit=trotsky#p20850356
Last edited by Elam-Kurdistan on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 30/8/2014
The Crimes of America: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... 8437,d.d2s

I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.
Che Guevara

Trisian
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 am

Organized States wrote:
Prevnina wrote:

Well, most strategic and tactical decisions are from none other than...

MacArthur!

"Give me ten thousand Filipinos and I'll conquer the world!" - General Douglas MacArthur
Anyways, reserve me Japan.
Last edited by Trisian on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:47 am

Nation name: Union of South Africa

National Leader(s):
•Monarch George VI
•Governor-General Patrick Duncan
•Prime Minister Jan Smuts

- 1st Royal South African Light Infantry Battalion
- 3rd Commando Company
- 4th Mechanized Infantry Regiment
- 2nd Royal Scouting Regiment

Total number of soldier: 7,450

RP example: viewtopic.php?p=21540625#p21540625
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:55 am

Insaeldor wrote:Nation name: Union of South Africa

National Leader(s):
•Monarch George VI
•Governor-General Patrick Duncan
•Prime Minister Jan Smuts

- 1st Royal South African Light Infantry Battalion
- 3rd Commando Company
- 4th Mechanized Infantry Regiment
- 2nd Royal Scouting Regiment

Total number of soldier: 7,450

RP example: viewtopic.php?p=21540625#p21540625

Temporary hiatus, I'm not sure whether we need any more commonwealth countries at the moment.

Elam-Kurdistan wrote:Nation name: Canada
National Leader(s): King George VI, Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King
Military Forces in Australia: 10,000 in Australia (1 million total)
RP example: Cold War 5

Provide a link.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:56 am

Trisian wrote:

MacArthur!

"Give me ten thousand Filipinos and I'll conquer the world!" - General Douglas MacArthur

Reserved. Be sure to fill out an app.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Trisian
Envoy

Founded: Aug 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Trisian » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:59 am

Organized States wrote:
Trisian wrote:"Give me ten thousand Filipinos and I'll conquer the world!" - General Douglas MacArthur

Reserved. Be sure to fill out an app.

What do I do if I don't have a RP sample in NS.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:02 am

Trisian wrote:
Organized States wrote:Reserved. Be sure to fill out an app.

What do I do if I don't have a RP sample in NS.

Any offsite text based RPs? Or write an example, should you so chose.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse