NATION

PASSWORD

Magi Corp. (IC CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Magi Corp. (IC CLOSED)

Postby The Norak Federation » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:23 pm

Quietly the young, short, red-haired female busily typed on the computer the latest idea. She chuckled to herself as the words about the made up love affair between her two favorite book characters came out lightning fast onto the screen. No doubt the internet would love it. After all, who wouldn't want to read about two wizards finally hooking up after a long torn out relationship?

Casually Cassy glanced at the clock and sighed. 9:40 P.M. She stood up and looked over her computer screen. Again she found nothing but a large empty lounge area. Several chairs, a dusty lamp, a table with a few magazines. It was empty. Cassy sighed again. It was going to be a long night again, and it had only just started. Nobody ever came to see Mr. Pines ever. Why did she get this job? She was a sprite given a human form for pete's sake! She needed to be able to talk to people! Is this what human girls had to do all day long?

"Thank goodness for the internet" Cassy muttered to herself. She supposed it could've been worse. She could be with her sisters in the pixie chambers, creating pixie dust all night long.

Suddenly the door near her desk slammed open. Cassy nearly jumped a mile in the air, almost showing her wings from under her dress. She turned to see a large man, dressed in a red business suit and hat, with a nicely trimmed greying beard that most elderly men wish they could trim to such perfection, stood, glaring out into the waiting room. Cassy shuddered at the sight of Mr. Pines. For some odd reason, he always came across that he could and would get rid of anyone who bothered him in the least. Maybe it was how he did deal with the few people he did see in his office, usually security guards that failed in their duties. Or it was possible the occasional noise of a radial arm saw in his office had left a subconscious effect on Cassy's brain. She wasn't sure which.

After a few moments of awkward silence while Mr. Pines continued to stare at the empty room, Cassy spoke up. "Is there something i can do for you sir?"

Mr. Pines glanced at the sprite, who regretted saying anything instantly. "I have some special people coming to see me today. When they show up, tell them i'll be with them shortly." Mr. Pines was about to step back into his office when he stopped and glanced at Cassy's computer. "And get that pathetic garbage off your computer. Magi Corp. isnt paying you to write garbage."

Mr Pines slammed the door once more before Cassy was even able to reply. She wiped her sweating forehead. As she deleted her story, she couldn't help but think who in the world did Mr. Pines have coming to see him tonight. Hopefully they would be much more pleasant than her boss. She turned her eyes towards the door at the opposite side of the room, and for a bit, she just stared and waited.

(OOC: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=309591&p=21474637#p21474637)
Last edited by The Norak Federation on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
Fantasy Dice Rp sound strike your fancy? Join Now!
R.I.P. Wombat

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:48 pm

The Norak Federation wrote:-snips and shit-

Arcturus, having been called by Jim the previous day, arrived outside his office before anyone else. He stepped in using his human form, which made him look like a normal young man.

"I am here to visit Jim." He said flatly to the receptionist. Though he had been inside Magic Corp. many times, he had not seen this girl before. Perhaps she was new? Regardless, he wanted to know why Jim had requested him. Maybe he had found something out about Eleus? Calm, Boy. Do not get your hopes up. The Dragon said to him in his mind. They always referred to each other by race, The Dragon calling him Boy because of the age difference. I know, Dragon. But we can surely hope...
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Freki didn't like driving in cars. Honestly she preferred to be on foot, but she obviously couldn't run to every one of her missions. So she bought herself a motorcycle and a helmet. She bought an all black 2013 BMW S1KRR and a custom helmet. She pulled up to the building, in her body suit without her combat gear, and pulled out her kick stand then leaned her bike on it. She got off and pulled off her helmet, then hung it on her bike handle pulled out the key and placed it in to a pocket. She then walked in to the building and entered an elevator. She rode the elevator all the way to the lounge, and then stepped out. She noticed a young girl and a man, the girl must be the receptionist, but the man.. Must be here for Pines as well. She walked over, her long blonde hair swaying with each step and her bangs falling in and out of her eyes. She had decided to make herself look abit more different and painted small spikes out of the sides of the corners of her eyes, kind of like Egyptians which would compliment her tan skin. Her ice blue eyes turned to the girl as she stood shoulder-to-shoulder with the man, "I'm here to see Pines." She said firmly with a Nordic accent as she rested a hand on her hip.
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Ilvania
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ilvania » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:23 pm

How on earth does a company comprised of nigh immortal mythical beings allow some loser in a $200 off-the-rack suit to embezzle funds ? Thought Alexander, the young lawyer swivelling around in his chair, papers in one hand and a Gin & Tonic in the other. He liked G&Ts. Sure, they weren't exactly the most adventurous of drinks, but there was a certain elegant simplicity about them - sprezzatura, as the Italians would say. Except for young Alexander in his navy pinstripe, the rest of the floor that housed the legal division of Magi Corp was empty, save for one other woman. A buxom blonde appeared at the door to his office, a hand on her hip, and what appeared to be - what was - an expensive leather purse hanging casually from her arm, "Alex, they want to see you on the 50th, some guy named Mr Pine or Pines or Maple or something, I think he's security or something." Donna Maine had been his secretary for three years now, and Alexander had no idea how he'd get by without her. "Is it about the Lynch embezzlement case?"
"No clue, I just got told to send you up to the 50th floor. Now hurry up, unlike some other people, I have a date."
"Who's the lucky guy, he better not be replacing me," said Alexander, winking as he arose from his chair, "because if he does, I will sue him for everything he's got."
"Well then I guess you don't want to hear about that time he and I messed around in your office," retorted Donna, a sly grin tugging at the tips of her lips.
Now by the elevator door and buttoning up his suit, Alexander grinned back at her and stepped into the lift.

There was a spring to his step as the lawyer stepped out of the lift and onto the 50th floor. As soon as he got this meeting over done with, he'd be back home, staring at the radiant beauty of the red 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO that lay seductively in his driveway. And this meeting would be quick, he was sure about that, he had closed the Lynch case with remarkable efficiency, not a word of the case had been leaked, and all involved had been bound by perfectly structured non-disclosure agreements, written by yours truly. The gruff and grizzled - he assumed - security guy would give him his thanks, maybe offer him a glass of whiskey or so, tell a story about some old case, then Alexander would be out of the office.

Instead, however, the sight that met Alexander as he walked into the office was one of pure bizarreness. A tall blonde in a motorcycle gear - Nordic thought Alex, an average looking young man with dark hair looking no more than 20, and a short redhead receptionist seated behind a desk were the only ones that were present in the foyer. Cautiously, Alexander made his way to the redhead, taking note of the the gait and stance of the blonde and young man - definitely not corporate noted Alex. Leaning over the desk, Alex spoke to the secretary, "Hey love, Senior Officer Alexander Hervé Artois from legal, here to speak with a Mr Pines from security?" hesitating, he spoke again, a quizzical look on his face, "And what division is this? I always thought the 50th floor was part of accountancy, but ehm, I might be wrong."
Last edited by Ilvania on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:15 am, edited 4 times in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Eric drove through the crowded streets of New York in his new Ferrari 458. He got it off of an Italian millionaire he assassinated not too long ago. It wasn't hard for Eric to turn into the millionaire and ship the car overseas. He enjoyed some of the perks he gets from assassinations, helping himself to what ever goods the contract possessed. Normally, Eric would just get cash and any powers the contract had, but every once in a while he'd get cool toys like the car. It didn't take long before Eric was at the Magi Corp. building. He parked in front of the main door and got out of the car. Eric reached into the pocket of his opened black suit and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. He pulled out a cigarette from the pack and lit it. He took a long drag and exhaled the smoke, looking up at the building as he did. Eric didn't know why Mr. Pines wanted to see a lowly assassin like him, especially one who tried to kill him in the past. Without wasting any time, Eric walked into the building still smoking his cigarette.

Eric took the elevator to the top floor, where Mr. Pines's office was. He walked into the reception office with a cigarette still in his mouth and his hand in his pants pockets. He notice that three others had already arrived, one of which was a fellow assassin. " Ah, Freki. Nice to see that you came down from your snowy mountain top to join the rest of the world." Eric said in a thick german accent as he walked up to the front desk. He turned his attention to the young pixie receptionist. " Gute Abend, Frau Cassy. You're looking as lovely as usual." Eric said as he winked at the pixie.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Ilvania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilvania » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:51 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:" Guten Abend, Frau Cassy. You're looking as lovely as usual."

Bavarian, Munich? No, definitely rural, Thought Alex, as the German in the - ugh black - suit brushed past him. Putting on a polite grin, for he was English, and furthermore, blue-blooded after all, he turned to the Bavarian, "I'm sorry, sir, but I was speaking to this lady. Now, I don't know how the unrein parvenu do things, but some semblance of proper etiquette would be appreciated."

As soon as the words left his mouth and he turned to face the German, Alex immediately felt the pangs of regret hit. This man was definitely not corporate. His hair was too spiky, his suit too flashy. He looked dangerous. Oh God, this is definitely not accountancy. I might be in trouble. Gulped the young English noble.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:09 am

"Danke meine freund." Freki said respectively before reaching over and pulled the cigarette out of Eric's mouth then took a quick and short drag before pulling it out and then giving it back to Eric. It could be taken as a sign of disrespect or a sign of comeradery. She hoped she wouldn't come off as the first, as she meant it to be the latter. "Danke again." She said and slowly blew the smoke out, ignoring the blunderous new man.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:13 am

Ilvania wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote:" Guten Abend, Frau Cassy. You're looking as lovely as usual."

Bavarian, Munich? No, definitely rural, Thought Alex, as the German in the - ugh black - suit brushed past him. Putting on a polite grin, for he was English, and furthermore, blue-blooded after all, he turned to the Bavarian, "I'm sorry, sir, but I was speaking to this lady. Now, I don't know how the unrein parvenu do things, but some semblance of proper etiquette would be appreciated."

As soon as the words left his mouth and he turned to face the German, Alex immediately felt the pangs of regret hit. This man was definitely not corporate. His hair was too spiky, his suit too flashy. He looked dangerous. Oh God, this is definitely not accountancy. I might be in trouble. Gulped the young English noble.

Eric smirked as Freki took the cigarette out of his mouth and took a drag before putting it back. " Nice to see you still have your feminine touch, Fräulein." Eric said as he continued to smirk.
Eric then turned and glared at the Englishman who interrupted his flirting. He took another drag of his cigarette and exhaled. " I don't know what you just said, but judging from how you said it, I'd guess you're nothing but a pompous little arsch from England. Why don't you go suck on some tea and crumpets while me and the little lady get to know each other." Eric said as he stepped up to the Englishman.
Last edited by Nachfolgia on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Ilvania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilvania » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:13 am

Nachfolgia wrote: " I don't know what you just said, but judging from how you said it, I'd guess you're nothing but a pompous little arsch from England. Why don't you go suck on some tea and crumpets while me and the little lady get to know each other." Eric said as he stepped up to the Englishman.

It happened a lot to him. Getting hit, that is. He didn't know if it was the fact that he was rich, or blue-blooded, or a bona fide genius, Alexander Hervé Ascotte just had a knack for crossing the wrong people. Now, he was standing in a dank and murky office, on a floor he didn't know existed, with three people he was sure could kill a man with their hands and probably didn't spend their childhoods holidaying in the south of France, and a hulking German stood before him blowing acrid cigarette smoke in his face. Suffice it to say, Alexander often found himself in trouble.

But with a propensity for finding himself in troublesome situations came a certain cool under pressure. The Ascottes were politicians, and they dealt with situations with a certain savoir faire, you needed to, if you were to deal with centuries of changing fiefs, peasant revolts and wars. His scowl and disdain dissipated and a diplomatic smile graced his delicate features, "I'm sorry for any misunderstanding we might've had there, I myself am Duke Alexander Hervé Ascotte. I couldn't help but notice that your accent is a wonderful Bavarian. Would you happen to know the Freybergs or the Gravenreuths, both close family friends of the Ascottes, Mr ... ?"

The tension was palpable.Oh quelle horreur, what trouble had he gotten himself into this time?
Last edited by Ilvania on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 am

Ilvania wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote: " I don't know what you just said, but judging from how you said it, I'd guess you're nothing but a pompous little arsch from England. Why don't you go suck on some tea and crumpets while me and the little lady get to know each other." Eric said as he stepped up to the Englishman.

It happened a lot to him. Getting hit, that is. He didn't know if it was the fact that he was rich, or blue-blooded, or a bona fide genius, Alexander Hervé Ascotte just had a knack for crossing the wrong people. Now, he was standing in a dank and murky office, on a floor he didn't know existed, with three people he was sure could kill a man with their hands and probably didn't spend their childhoods holidaying in the south of France, and a hulking German stood before him blowing acrid cigarette smoke in his face. Suffice it to say, Alexander often found himself in trouble.

But with a propensity for finding himself in troublesome situations came a certain cool under pressure. The Ascottes were politicians, and they dealt with situations with a certain savoir faire, you needed to, if you were to deal with centuries of changing fiefs, peasant revolts and wars, one needed to. His scowl and disdain dissipated and a diplomatic smile graced his delicate features, "I'm sorry for any misunderstanding we might've had there, I myself am Duke Alexander Hervé Ascotte. I couldn't help but notice that your accent is a wonderful Bavarian. Would you happen to know the Freybergs or the Gravenreuths, both close family friends of the Ascottes, Mr ... ?"

The tension was palpable. Oh quelle horreur had he gotten himself in this time?

Eric thought for a few moments, trying to remember if he had heard the names before. " I think I killed a guy named Gravenreuth before, real fat Mann, bled a lot." Eric said as he rubbed his chin. " Come to think about...I'm pretty sure it was a Freyberg who sent me to kill him. Kinda strange how politicians who collectively fuck over the common man would fuck over each other. I guess old habits die hard." He said as he put out his cigarette on the floor. " Maybe one of them will contract me to kill one of your family members." Eric said with a smirk.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Ilvania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilvania » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:02 am

Nachfolgia wrote: " Maybe one of them will contract me to kill one of your family members." Eric said with a smirk.

Alexander smiled a cordial smile of mock rapprochement, "Well if someone were to do that, they'd be several years too late. Unless you were to dig my family up from their graves, or play your harp for Hades and Persephone, I really don't see how you could kill my family." Slipping his hands into his pockets, Alexander continued, a certain froideur settling over the conversation, "And the Gravenreuths? They were getting too big for their boots, wanted to extend their influence beyond their little hamlet. It wasn't just the Freybergs that wanted to, what do you commoners say? Knock them down a peg, n'est-ce pas? The Ascottes, Falkensteins, Lammingers, Messenbachs, Orléans‎'s, Briennes, Évreux‎s, Cavendishs, Percys; we all wanted old man Gravenreuth gone," said the young noble, giving a deadly cold smile to the redhead caught in the middle of it all before he continued, "Besides, we were doing everyone in Bavaria a favour. Old patriarch Günter had a bit of a thing for young boys and girls. If you know what I mean."
Last edited by Ilvania on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 am

Ilvania wrote:
Nachfolgia wrote: " Maybe one of them will contract me to kill one of your family members." Eric said with a smirk.

Alexander smiled a cordial smile of mock rapprochement, "Well if someone were to do that, they'd be several years too late. Unless you were to dig my family up from their graves, or play your harp for Hades and Persephone, I really don't see how you could kill my family." Slipping his hands into his pockets, Alexander continued, a certain froideur settling over the conversation, "And the Gravenreuths? They were getting too big for their boots, wanted to extend their influence beyond their little hamlet. It wasn't just the Freybergs that wanted to, what do you commoners say? Knock them down a peg, n'est-ce pas? The Ascottes, Falkensteins, Lammingers, Messenbachs, Orléans‎'s, Briennes, Évreux‎s, Cavendishs, Percys; we all wanted old man Gravenreuth gone," said the young noble, giving a deadly cold smile to the redhead caught in the middle of it all before he continued, "Besides, we were doing everyone in Bavaria a favour. Old patriarch Günter had a bit of a thing for young boys and girls. If you know what I mean."

"SILENCE. All of you." Arcturus had run out or patience for the bickering group behind him. If this were another setting, he would have grabbed the man by the throat and had him dying in moments. The creature next to him, obviously some sort of Mythical, might take more work.

But beyond that, it was against his deal with Magi Corp. He had always tried to honor his agreements, no matter how rediculous they may be.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:20 am

Cassy was shaking in her seat as the tension in the room was building between the rich young man and the german sounding one. She was half tempted to try to calm them down, but her nerves got the better of her. Pixies were never known for their bravery, and Cassy was no exception.

However, when the first person who had arrived spoke out, Cassy felt if she didn't do something soon, there would be a fight, and Mr. Pines ould have Cassy's head for that. Possibly literally. She wasn't sure.

"Um, Mr. Pines says to make yourselves comfortable" Cassy eventually said, trying to address everyone. "He's probably waiting for the rest of the clients to show up. But I don't know much about anyone who's showing up. I mean...." Cassy stumbled with her words. It was a good thing very few people came in to see Mr. Pines, she realized.

Cassy then realised that the man from the legel department had asked her a question earlier. "Mr. Pines is the head of security. Like the head. You know, there's the subdivisions, like the Nightwatch and the Exorcists and the Noahide, and the...." Cassy stopped herself before she thought she might bore someone. "He's in charge of it all. 50th floor has most of the offices for them, but there are a few scattered throughout the building."
- Do not pray for Mercy, for that is begging. God helps those who help themselves. Seize the day, take vengeance, and God will be on your side.
R.I.P. Wombat

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 am

Ilvania wrote:

Eric kept an eye on the politician's hands as they entered his pockets. If the man tried anything, Eric would quickly put a round between his eyes. He smirked when the man mentioned Gunther being a pedophile. " I had heard that too. I guess I'm glad I killed him then, eh?" Eric said with a smirk as he continued to stare down the human. He then turned and looked at one of the others as he yelled fro them to stop. " Relax, It's just a little friendly debate." Eric said calmly as he lit another cigarette. He looked down and saw that Cassy was on edge. He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a little white flower. " Here, this should calm you down. It's jasmine." Eric said softly as he handed the flower to Cassy. Being a doppelganger, Eric had extensive knowledge on the needs and nature of many mythical creatures. He remembered that Pixies are really attracted to sweet smelling flowers.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Ilvania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Ilvania » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:11 am

The Norak Federation wrote:Cassy was shaking in her seat as the tension in the room was building between the rich young man and the german sounding one. She was half tempted to try to calm them down, but her nerves got the better of her. Pixies were never known for their bravery, and Cassy was no exception.

However, when the first person who had arrived spoke out, Cassy felt if she didn't do something soon, there would be a fight, and Mr. Pines ould have Cassy's head for that. Possibly literally. She wasn't sure.

"Um, Mr. Pines says to make yourselves comfortable" Cassy eventually said, trying to address everyone. "He's probably waiting for the rest of the clients to show up. But I don't know much about anyone who's showing up. I mean...." Cassy stumbled with her words. It was a good thing very few people came in to see Mr. Pines, she realized.

Cassy then realised that the man from the legel department had asked her a question earlier. "Mr. Pines is the head of security. Like the head. You know, there's the subdivisions, like the Nightwatch and the Exorcists and the Noahide, and the...." Cassy stopped herself before she thought she might bore someone. "He's in charge of it all. 50th floor has most of the offices for them, but there are a few scattered throughout the building."

"I see," nodded Alex, "this meeting wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the Lynch embezzlement case at all, would it, love? Because if it is, you can tell Mr Pines that no thanks whatsoever are in order, I was merely doing my job. The reports are filed and all the non-disclosure agreements have been dealt with."

The Templar High Council wrote:"SILENCE. All of you." Arcturus had run out or patience for the bickering group behind him. If this were another setting, he would have grabbed the man by the throat and had him dying in moments. The creature next to him, obviously some sort of Mythical, might take more work.

But beyond that, it was against his deal with Magi Corp. He had always tried to honor his agreements, no matter how rediculous they may be.

"All in good faith, just friendly banter between a Lord and his subject," smirked Alexander as he replied to the young man who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere to spit metaphorical dragon-fire on him. Ignoring the incessant puffing of the veritable German chimney beside him, he approached the young man who had shouted and spoke, "And who might you be? I haven't seen you around the office before."

Alexander turned to face all three strangers in the room, "In fact, I haven't had the displeasure of seeing any of you around the office before. Does head office know about this little impromptu gathering you've planned here?"

The Norak Federation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Norak Federation » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:38 am

Cassy took the flower and sniffed it, sighing in relief. She liked this man. He knew something about pixies at least. While Jasmine wasn't her favorite, this flower would certainly help the stress she was having. "Thank you"

Cassy then tried to answer the rich man's question, "As for the meeting, I have no idea if the Lynch embeza....embezi...thing," Cassy struggled trying to say the word, than just gave up, " if that is involved. All i know is Mr Pine told me bunch of people were coming to see him. Nothing else. Mr. Pines doesn't tell me much."
R.I.P. Wombat

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Ilvania wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:"SILENCE. All of you." Arcturus had run out or patience for the bickering group behind him. If this were another setting, he would have grabbed the man by the throat and had him dying in moments. The creature next to him, obviously some sort of Mythical, might take more work.

But beyond that, it was against his deal with Magi Corp. He had always tried to honor his agreements, no matter how ridiculous they may be.

"All in good faith, just friendly banter between a Lord and his subject," smirked Alexander as he replied to the young man who had seemingly appeared out of nowhere to spit metaphorical dragon-fire on him. Ignoring the incessant puffing of the veritable German chimney beside him, he approached the young man who had shouted and spoke, "And who might you be? I haven't seen you around the office before."

Alexander turned to face all three strangers in the room, "In fact, I haven't had the displeasure of seeing any of you around the office before. Does head office know about this little impromptu gathering you've planned here?"

"I have no reason to tell you anything." Arcturus remarked, nodding to the young pixie at the desk. "But I also have nothing to hide. I am called Arcturus. I have no reason to come here unless asked to by Jim."

He turned to face Alexander. "I assume your corporate heads know full well about us. Though I doubt you truly do, mortal." Arcturus said, with emphasis on the fact that this man was just a man. "I have not been as you are for centuries. I am cursed, and there is someone I must kill."

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Michael Seville, in a nondescript suit and tie, stepped out of the cab, paying the driver quickly and walking into the elevator, next to a fairly bland-looking businessman. After a short, uneventful elevator trip, he arrived in the receptionist's office, and looked around, taking in the scene. M1911A1 pressing in the holster concealed by his jacket, he meandered up to the attractive receptionist, who appeared to be in conversation with a man of roughly 5' 10" in height, wearing glasses, and blonde hair. "Hey, beautiful," He said, grinning friendlily at the receptionist, "I believe I have an appointment with a... Mr. Pines?" He pulled the scrap of paper with his new employer's contact info on it, glancing at it for a split second before cramming it back down into his pocket, next to a pack of cigarettes that he had bought at the local gas station a day or two ago.
N U T S !

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:47 pm

Freki sighed. "There's a lot of people here.. Wonder what it could be about." She said softly and more to herself than anyone before walking over to the wall that held windows and leaned against the wall beside a window. She folded her arms across her chest and closed her eyes as she looked down, her bangs falling over her eyes. She was getting rather impatient while she waiting for their being called to reveal itself.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:18 am

Ulvenes wrote:Freki sighed. "There's a lot of people here.. Wonder what it could be about." She said softly and more to herself than anyone before walking over to the wall that held windows and leaned against the wall beside a window. She folded her arms across her chest and closed her eyes as she looked down, her bangs falling over her eyes. She was getting rather impatient while she waiting for their being called to reveal itself.

Eric noticed Freki walk over to the window and leaned on the wall. Not wanting to interact with the white collar aristocrats, he walked over and joined Freki on the wall. " A lot of paper pushers showing up nowadays, huh? I remember it used to be just us assassins, now there are more non violent ways to ruin lives." Eric said coldly as he took a drag from his cigarette. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the pack and handed it to Freki. " Zigarette?"

Military Factbook
Strike witches

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:31 am

Ulvenes wrote:Freki sighed. "There's a lot of people here.. Wonder what it could be about." She said softly and more to herself than anyone before walking over to the wall that held windows and leaned against the wall beside a window. She folded her arms across her chest and closed her eyes as she looked down, her bangs falling over her eyes. She was getting rather impatient while she waiting for their being called to reveal itself.

"Jim has not told me anything. But I am not often requested. So one can only guess what the reason is." Arcturus approached the Nordic girl and German man. "Have I ever met either of you? I seem to recall you, at least by your personalities. Perhaps I had just heard rumors, though." He stood in front of them, his arms crossed over his chest, looking somewhat intimidating. Save for his "human form," of course. A young man without much mass did not exactly inspire fear.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:47 pm

"Much appreciated mein Herr." Freki said and took the pack of cigarettes. She pulled one out and placed it between her lips, then pulled out another and placed it behind her ear for later. She then handed Eric his cigarettes back. "Danke. Got a light?" She asked and leaned over while holding her cigarette to make sure it wouldn't fall out. She then looked over at the new guy who was trying to look tough. "You can stop with the 'intimidating' stance mein Herr. I've fought many intimidating things, perhaps even your fellow dragonkin." She mumbled, "No offense of course." She quickly added.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Ulvenes wrote:"Much appreciated mein Herr." Freki said and took the pack of cigarettes. She pulled one out and placed it between her lips, then pulled out another and placed it behind her ear for later. She then handed Eric his cigarettes back. "Danke. Got a light?" She asked and leaned over while holding her cigarette to make sure it wouldn't fall out. She then looked over at the new guy who was trying to look tough. "You can stop with the 'intimidating' stance mein Herr. I've fought many intimidating things, perhaps even your fellow dragonkin." She mumbled, "No offense of course." She quickly added.

"If I were to intimidate you, it would most certainly be more than this." Arcturus referenced his own body.

"So we have met. Or you have heard of me. Nevertheless, you know what I am. Might I know your name?" He looked to the German male too. "And you too, if you do not mind. Memories begin to blur after centuries." Arcturus rubbed his temple, feeling a dull pain in his forehead.
Last edited by The Templar High Council on Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:20 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Ulvenes wrote:"Much appreciated mein Herr." Freki said and took the pack of cigarettes. She pulled one out and placed it between her lips, then pulled out another and placed it behind her ear for later. She then handed Eric his cigarettes back. "Danke. Got a light?" She asked and leaned over while holding her cigarette to make sure it wouldn't fall out. She then looked over at the new guy who was trying to look tough. "You can stop with the 'intimidating' stance mein Herr. I've fought many intimidating things, perhaps even your fellow dragonkin." She mumbled, "No offense of course." She quickly added.

"If I were to intimidate you, it would most certainly be more than this." Arcturus referenced his own body.

"So we have met. Or you have heard of me. Nevertheless, you know what I am. Might I know your name?" He looked to the German male too. "And you too, if you do not mind. Memories begin to blur after centuries." Arcturus rubbed his temple, feeling a dull pain in his forehead.

Eric looked oddly at the dragonkin when he asked for his name. There's an unspoken rule among the assassin community, you ask the name of the person you plan to kill. It was all out of courtesy, disrespectful to kill a man with no name. How else would people know who you killed? They won't believe you if you killed an unknown guy. It was all a competition nowadays, who's the better killer? Eric and Freki were part of the top players in the game. " My name is Eric Kroener, Assassin. I do the dirty work for scum like him." Eric said as he pointed at the pompous Englishman.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:37 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:"If I were to intimidate you, it would most certainly be more than this." Arcturus referenced his own body.

Eric looked oddly at the dragonkin when he asked for his name. There's an unspoken rule among the assassin community, you ask the name of the person you plan to kill. It was all out of courtesy, disrespectful to kill a man with no name. How else would people know who you killed? They won't believe you if you killed an unknown guy. It was all a competition nowadays, who's the better killer? Eric and Freki were part of the top players in the game. " My name is Eric Kroener, Assassin. I do the dirty work for scum like him." Eric said as he pointed at the pompous Englishman.

"Interesting." Arcturus mumbled. "And no one here has knowledge of why Jim called us? That itself is strange." He pondered the thought, before leaning against the wall next to the wall Freki and Eric were against. "Surely there must be something amiss, as I have never had to cooperate with anyone on one of the simple tasks I am asked of."

It was not entirely true, though. Jim and the Magi Corp execs only asked for Arcturus on occasion. And it was always something where they said they "had run out of options" or "had no alternative." They presented it to him as another way to search for his enemy, but so far Arcturus had not gotten any closer than he was when he began his journey.

Sighing, Arcturus began to remove his shirt. "There is nothing to hide. And wearing clothing has been uncomfortable since I became what I am." After his shirt was off, Arcturus morphed into his dragonkin body, spreading his wings and extending his tail. "That feels better. Mortals don't react well when they see me coming as this. Better not to cause a panic if it isn't needed."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse