NATION

PASSWORD

When will the 6th Quidditch World Cup be held?

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Umbra Ignis
Attaché

Founded: Jul 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

When will the 6th Quidditch World Cup be held?

Postby Umbra Ignis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:08 am

The Umbra Ignis Nomads have been waiting a long time for another shot at the international title, as have many other nations. When will the next Quidditch World Cup be held?
Shadows preserve us

Jeckland
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeckland » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:11 am

You don't need two threads on it.
Winners: N/A
Runners Up: WBC 30 & 31, Memorial Cup
Semi Final: CE 26, WBC 35, WLC 20

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 am

More than likely an accidental double post. They happen sometimes with slow computers/internet.

On the actual topic of the Quidditch World Cup, I've no idea who ran the competition (Adun I think did for the last one/two?), but finding out who that is and asking them will give you more of a definitive answer. That being said, I just don't think the demand from the community for another Quidditch World Cup is high enough to warrant one being held. I could be wrong however.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Saintland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Saintland » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:34 am

Darmen wrote:More than likely an accidental double post. They happen sometimes with slow computers/internet.

On the actual topic of the Quidditch World Cup, I've no idea who ran the competition (Adun I think did for the last one/two?), but finding out who that is and asking them will give you more of a definitive answer. That being said, I just don't think the demand from the community for another Quidditch World Cup is high enough to warrant one being held. I could be wrong however.

I believed its Starblaydia's competition. He opened the signups for the 2nd through 5th editions. He hasn't been around much recently, though.
Why I left NS Sports
NS Sports Results | Saintland Press | Commentaries on the WA's resolutions 7-22-14 update: Complete through #125 |
World Baseball Classic 27 co-host | World Bowl XXII host | World Cup of Hockey 23 host | Various Rankings | King Paulus XV Memorial Games
Official Name: Regnvm Sanctvsterra
Official Name in English: Kingdom of Saintland
Monarch: King Paulus XVI
Demonym: Sanctii
Trigram: SNT

Umbra Ignis
Attaché

Founded: Jul 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Umbra Ignis » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:08 pm

Thank you all. I didn't realize it double posted, though
Shadows preserve us