NATION

PASSWORD

choosing a spiritual advisor benefits/cons for each choice

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Kindness Community
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

choosing a spiritual advisor benefits/cons for each choice

Postby The Kindness Community » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 am

what happens to my civil rights for each option?

The Issue

It's time for the government to hire a new religious advisor. Your people have narrowed down the candidates to:

The Debate

Catholic Archbishop Colin Giono: boasts an excellent track record, having rapidly increased church attendances in his constituencies through the "Reaching God Through Guilt" program. Seen as a solid choice.

Accept

New Age thinker Lauren Jefferson: a left-field candidate with some radical ideas. "For me, it's not about the name of your religion. It's about discovering your spirituality in whatever guise that takes. Some people call that a cult: I call it taking spirituality to the people."

Accept

Finally, there's Xu Johnson. "If I am awarded the appointment, I will immediately resign," the ex-schoolteacher has declared. "Because, frankly, God is a big load of hokey. I'll be doing everyone a favor by just shutting up about it."

Accept
Pro: direct democracy, communism, the pro-life movement, public health care, environmental regulations, solar power, gun rights, social welfare, feminism, religious freedom, freedom of press and speech, local business, gay rights, peaceful protests, one-world government, lawless internet, legalization of soft drugs
Against: abortion, euthanasia, restriction of press and speech, capitalism, military intervention, patriarchy, marriage restrictions, capital punishment, incarceration, police states, restrictions of religious practice, nudity restrictions, affirmative action

{economic left/right: -5.88}
{social libertarian/authoritarian: -7.85}
Neutral Good

Return to Got Issues?