NATION

PASSWORD

Best of Them All: The Multiverse Tournament (OOC, Signups)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Best of Them All: The Multiverse Tournament (OOC, Signups)

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:23 am

Note: Credit to The Republic of Atria, the creator of this RP's spiritual predecessor, Entropy's Arena.

The Best of Them All: The Multiverse Tournament

"The strongest one of the multiverse is decided here"

Table of Contents:

1. Description
2. Mechanics
3. Our Roster
4. Rules
5. NPC Characters
6. Applications

1. Description

The Multiverse. It is a home to trillions of beings and a nearly infinite amount of universes. Overseen by the powerful Multiverse Gods, this collection of universes was safe and orderly. The walls between separate universes were stable, and so no being, no matter how powerful, could not leave his own universe for the greater good. This lasted for billions of years, until a highly advanced alien civilization, called the Madras, discovered a technology that allowed them to create holes in universe walls, effectively allowing them to travel to another universes.

The Multiverse Gods were not pleased with this. They believed that multiverse travel could disrupt the harmony that was set to rule in the Multiverse. The Gods and the Madras made an agreement. Interuniversal travel was not allowed, but the Multiverse Gods agreed to allow and help organize a single event - The Multiverse Tournament, to decide the most powerful fighter in the whole Multiverse. The Madras travelled to millions of universes, gathering 32 most powerful fighters that agreed to enter, and now, they shall test their skills, powers and intelligence in the greatest tournament ever. And that's not all - the victor gains any one wish they want from the Multiverse Gods themselves.

You play as one of the 32 fighters, chosen by the Madras to fight in the Tournament. You can create your own character or take one from pretty much any type of fiction - comic books, movies, books, TV shows, anime, etc. Do you understand? Well, let's go! Just don't forget to read the Mechanics and Rules sections.

2. Mechanics

The Arena from the outside.
The Living Tower can also be seen attached to the farther side of the Arena
The Multiverse Arena: This is the location where the Multiverse Tournament takes place. It is built in a lifeless universe, and is composed of 2 main parts: The Arena and the Living Tower. Both are connected by a short entrance.

The Living Tower is where your characters stay while they are not fighting or watching others fight. It is built similarly to a normal hotel. Each participant has his own room, as well as the spectators. Universes are separated into different blocks, and each have a shared room for eating, chatting and other stuff. There is a Living Room downstairs, where people can relax and meet others, and there also is a Training Chamber at the very top, just below the Control Room, where the Madras with the Multiverse Gods are located and watch, as well as control the tournament. The Tower is also extended underground, so there is space for everyone.

The Arena is where the fighting happens. It is basically a huge arena with spaces for millions of spectators from thousands of universes. The participants fight in the small square ring on the bottom, with the dimensions of about 30x30 meters. The spectators are protected by an incredibly powerful energy shield, so don't try anything stupid. :)

Food and Other Stuff: Breakfast, lunch and dinner are eaten in the separate universe rooms. All food and other needs will be provided, just ask one of the Madras patrolling in the Tower.

Universe System: Before you can make an app for a character, you will need to make an app for the universe where he comes from. This is mostly just to make my life easier and it is needed for the way how the Multiverse Gods eject the rule breakers. After you app a universe, you will be given a designation number. That will be the number of your universe's block. Lower numbers are higher to the top, and lower are more in the bottom. Universe 7 is the closest to the Living Room and the Entrance.

Winning and Losing: The ways how to win and lose are written in the Rules section, so check that out. If you win, you go up the tournament ladder and are one step closer to getting your wish granted, and if you are hurt after the battle, you are healed by Madras magic healers. If you lose and die, you are resurrected by the end of the round, and the loser can no longer participate in the tournament. He can still stay and watch as a spectator, if you want.

3. Our Roster

| The Bracket | IC |

Universe 0: The Tournament
Participants: None
Spectators: None

Universe 1: The Madras
Participants: None
Spectators: 450 Madras

Universe 2: Akeroth
Participants: Akeroth
Spectators: 200 Akeroth's followers

Universe 3: Baxter
Participants: Baxter Nolan

Universe 4: Terminus
Participants: Kyle Williams
Spectators: Counselor Dakota Wiggins, Representative Aaron Stewart

Universe 5: Marvel Universe
Participants: Magneto
Spectators: Brotherhood of Mutants, 1000 people.

Universe 6: Gourmet World
Participants: Midora Uchiha
Soectators: None

Universe 7: Atlantis
Participants: Aquaman
Spectators: Mera, Garth, Lady of the Lake, 1000 Atlanteans

Universe 8: Monster Universe
Participants: Godzilla

Universe 9: Star Wars Galaxy
Participants: Darth Vader

Universe 10: Mainline Dark Jediverse
Participants: Sanji Masaki, Ryaku Masaki, Myaku Masaki, Kenji Masaki
Spectators: Grand Admiral James Quimond, Mand'alor Foley, Premier Richtofen, General Krukov, Kenji Masaki

Universe 11: Alternate Dark Jediverse
Partcipants: Asumar Masaki, The Founding Masaki, Master Shimura
Spectators: Masaki Dynasty Warlord Council, Masaki Advanced Guardians

Universe 12: 1775 Reality
Participants: George Washington
Spectators: Rest of the Continental Congress

Universe 13: Dragon Ball Universe
Participants: Vegeta
Spectators: A lot

4. Rules

Roleplaying Rules (for the RPers)

I am God.
No Godmodding. You are not God, I am.
Try to not write one-liners. They sometimes happen in battles, but try to write more than just "Character X dodges the attack and punches Character Y."
No meta-gaming.
Great grammar please. I am a grammar nazi, so do not expect mercy.
Character Creation Rules:
No immortals. Your character must be able to die through normal means.
No omnipotents. This one's obvious. If you are already god, why do you participate in the first place?
No overly haxed powers. I know you want to win, and I usually accept even someting incredibly haxed, even I have limits. This is quite a broad category, but insta-kill powers, reality warping (higher level), overly-haxed manipulations, incredible regeneration (somewhere around Majin Buu level) - that is not allowed.

Character Rules (for the characters)

Starting the fight: When your name and your universe is called, get in the ring. The fight starts when the two combatants touch the ring. If you take more than 30 seconds to enter the ring, that is a forfeit. The announcer's voice can be heard in the whole complex, so don't tell us you didn't hear!
During the fight: If you specifically attack someone who is not your opponent, especially the spectators, the Madras may call you out as a cheater and you will lose.
You cannot receive any exterior help during the fight, including materials, magic, energy or sound.
Any kind of technique is allowed. You can use weapons, guns, tricks, other stuff, just do it alone.
You lose if: You're unconscious or dead for 30 seconds.
You disappear from the referee's sight for 30 sconds, so don't leave the ring for too long.
You tell with a clear sign that you forfeit.
You receive exterior help or attack the spectators.
And one more thing: It is forbidden to fight outside your own match, or else your whole universe will be sent back.

Advice and Some Information

I do not police the Character Rules, the Madras and the Gods do. If you somehow manage to break a rule and get away unnoticed, that is all good game with OOC me, but not IC me (the Madras).
The Madras watch over the entire complex with security cameras, both from the outside and the inside.
I don't necessarily forbid sexual acts and violent stuff if you don't describe it, and you just say it happened. However, don't get carried away with it. You're here to fight, remember?
Have fun!

5. NPC Characters

It is very possible that all 32 places will not be filled with player characters, and I predict that. I am going to give 5 days, until August 25th, left for player registration. If not all spaces are taken, they will be filled with NPC characters, controlled by me. If you so happen to fight an NPC, you can ask me to get a specific character to fight, or else I will pick one for you.

6. Applications

Phew... All of this is done. Only the apps remain. And if you went far enough to see this, rejoice! You can apply for a character.

Remember, universes first. And delete the text in the parentheses, please.

Code: Select all
Universe App:
Name: (What would you like your universe to be called besides the designation number)
Participants: (You will need to make an app for them)
Spectators: (You will not need to make an app for them)
Link to wiki page: (Skip if custom)

Old Character App (For reference. Old apps stilk work)

Code: Select all
Character App:
Name:
Appearance: (Pictures are ok)

Powers, abilities and skills:
Destructive Capacity:
Equipment:

Short backstory:
Weaknesses: (Required)
Link to wiki page: (Skip if custom)

New Character App (New people use this)

Name:
Appearance:
Species:

Powers and Abilities:

Weaknesses:

Destructive Capacity:

Speed:

Durability:

Lifting Strength:

Striking Strength:

Stamina:

Standard Equipment:

Intelligence:

Notable Techniques:

Backstory:

Link to Wiki Page: (Ignore if Custom)

Good luck in the tournament, and have fun!
Last edited by Finland SSR on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:10 am, edited 14 times in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:38 am

Universe App:
Name: Akeroth
Participants: Akeroth
Spectators: Akeroth's Followers
Link to wiki page: Custom

Character App:
Name: Akeroth
Appearance: A mysterious man in a black robe with a cloak, covering his head.

Powers, abilities and skills:
Magic:
Force-Field Generation: Akeroth can generate force-fields of any size.
Healing: Akeroth can heal others almost instantly, though not himself.
Flight: Akeroth can fly at will.
Teleportation: Self-explanatory.
Telekinesis: Both at short and long distances.
Power Amplification: Akeroth can power up his physical abilities with magic.
Magic Sensing: Akeroth can sense other living beings from any distance.
Magic Combat: Akeroth can use magic to strengthen himself, increase his senses or perception in a fight.
Magic Projection: Blasts, beams, disks, bolts, other shapes and projectiles.
Magic Constructs: Akeroth can create blade and piercing weapons made of pure magic to use.
Magic Materialization: Akeroth can create objects using magic.
Biological Immortality

Destructive Capacity: Lower Stellar Level
Equipment: None

Short backstory: Not much is known about Akeroth's mysterious past, but he is worshipped by his followers as a god. He entered the tournament for unknown reasons, which may or may not be uncoverered later.
Weaknesses: Cannot use magic indefinitely - it drains his energy. While he is immortal, he can die, he just does not age.
Last edited by Finland SSR on Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:13 am

Tagged for interest, considering this is cannon to DoTM

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:18 am

The Fallen Jedi wrote:Tagged for interest, considering this is cannon to DoTM

We would need Atria's permission to make this cannon to DotM, but you can consider it.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:19 am

Finland SSR wrote:
The Fallen Jedi wrote:Tagged for interest, considering this is cannon to DoTM

We would need Atria's permission to make this cannon to DotM, but you can consider it.

I meant Non-Canon, pftt :lol:

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:20 am

The Fallen Jedi wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:We would need Atria's permission to make this cannon to DotM, but you can consider it.

I meant Non-Canon, pftt :lol:

:p

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:34 am

I don't think it should be canon as I have a different idea for the sequel that is not an arena.

Character App
Name: Baxter Nolan
Appearance: Tanned skin, short black hair, typically wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans, unkempt beard. Roughly 5'9"

Powers, abilities and skills: Molecular and atomic manipulation. Can absorb nearly any inorganic matter and nearly all forms of energy.
Destructive Capacity: Low Stellar level. ()
Equipment: Has an iPod filled with music.

Short backstory: Baxter broke into his father's lab and was involved in an accident with a particle accelerator that granted him his abilities, but caused the death of both of his parents. Since then he has been using his powers to attempt to fight crime as the world's first superhero, but has been very unsuccessful and has often used his powers to kill those he did catch regardless of the severity of the crime. After his stint in the multiverse, Baxter became quite bored in his home where there were no beings with superhuman powers to challenge him or otherwise.
Weaknesses: Cannot absorb the matter of Living things. People, most plants, animals, insects, ect. which means they can hurt him as if he were a normal person. Magic has strange effects when combined with his powers
Link to wiki page:

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:36 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:I don't think it should be canon as I have a different idea for the sequel that is not an arena.

Character App
Appearance: Tanned skin, short black hair, typically wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of jeans, unkempt beard. Roughly 5'9"

Powers, abilities and skills: Molecular and atomic manipulation. Can absorb nearly any inorganic matter and nearly all forms of energy.

Short backstory: Baxter broke into his father's lab and was involved in an accident with a particle accelerator that granted him his abilities, but caused the death of both of his parents. Since then he has been using his powers to attempt to fight crime as the world's first superhero, but has been very unsuccessful and has often used his powers to kill those he did catch regardless of the severity of the crime. After his stint in the multiverse, Baxter became quite bored in his home where there were no beings with superhuman powers to challenge him or otherwise.
Weaknesses: Cannot absorb the matter of Living things. People, most plants, animals, insects, ect. which means they can hurt him as if he were a normal person. Magic has strange effects when combined with his powers
Link to wiki page:

You have to post the universe app first.
Add it in and you're accepted.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:39 am

Finland SSR wrote:
The Republic of Atria wrote:I don't think it should be canon as I have a different idea for the sequel that is not an arena.

Character App

Link to wiki page:

You have to post the universe app first.
Add it in and you're accepted.

Gotta go somewhere. Will post upon my return.

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 am

Tag - will it be acceptable for my to repost my application from Entropy's Arena?

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:53 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:Tag - will it be acceptable for my to repost my application from Entropy's Arena?

If you include a backstory with the app, then yes.

And don't forget, everyone - universe apps! You need to make them as well.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:23 am

Tag.
Last edited by Bearon on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here. Move along.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 am

Universe App:
Name: Ummm... Baxter verse? There's no real defining factors other than he exists.
Participants: Baxter
Spectators: none
Link to wiki page:

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:30 am

The Republic of Atria wrote:Universe App:
Name: Ummm... Baxter verse? There's no real defining factors other than he exists.
Participants: Baxter
Spectators: none
Link to wiki page:

Accepted. Your designation number will be Universe 3. Welcome to the tournament!

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Damien Vesper
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Damien Vesper » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:07 am

Universe App:
Name: Terminus (Also known as 'The Factions')
Link to wiki page: Custom in a way* *Note*: I made this with inspiration from a micronation I helped found with a Divergent inspiration. If needed you can check out our website. http://www.terminusgov.webs.com

Character App:
Name: Kyle Williams
Appearance: Kyle has white skin, blue eyes, blonde hair. He wears black clothes like it is expected of Dauntless to do. He has his left ear pierced, he has a tattoo of the Dauntless symbol on the upper part of his back, you can see the tip of his tattoo on his neck when he wears V-Necks. Kyle is 6'1" tall and weighs 162 lbs.
Powers, abilities, skills: Kyle is trained in fighting and skilled with guns.
Destructive capacity: I don't quite understand.
Equipment: An MP40 with extra ammo, a browning with extra ammo, and two .35 Magnums with extra ammo.
Short Bio: Kyle was born as an Erudite. The older he got more aggressive and less intelligent. When aptitude test day came, Kyle's aptitude was obviously Dauntless. In his Initiation Kyle excelled with fighting and weapons. By his Initiation's end he was the highest rated in his class. Kyle was able and did choose a job with the Dauntless leaders.
Weaknesses: Anything he can't protect himself against.
Current Gov't: Dictatorship
DEFCON: 1 2 3 4 [5]

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:09 am

Finland, do you think you could expand the character app to be more similar to the one on Entropy's Arena? The terms there had links on them to explain what they meant and give examples - and it includes other useful information such as standard equipment, typical techniques, etc.

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:24 am

Universe App
Name: Marvel Universe.
Participants: Magneto.
Spectators: Brotherhood of Mutants. 1,000 spectators.
Link to wiki page: http://marvel.wikia.com/Main_Page

Character App
Name: Erik Lehnsherr.
Appearance: Around 6ft tall Magneto weighs around 180 pounds and has dark blue eyes and dark grey hair.
Destructive Capacity: Planetary level.
Equipment: A helmet that prevents telepathic attacks. A 10 pound ball of adamantium and a 10 pound ball of kryptonite.

Short backstory: Magneto was a holocaust survivor during WWII and afterwards he developed an intense hatred for human kind after discovering his mutant powers. Using his mutant powers Magneto created a mutant supremist group called The Brotherhood of Mutants which like the Nazi's sought to eradicate those who did not have the traits they desired. Throughout the years Magneto has fought the entire X Men roster numerous times and has shown that he is both a capable fighter and an extremely powerful mutant. Magneto has taken on some of the most powerful heroes in the Marvel Universe.
Weaknesses: Aside from his magnetic powers Magneto is a regular mortal meaning that without metal he is all but helpless.
Link to wiki page: http://marvel.com/universe/Magneto_(Max_Eisenhardt)
Last edited by Bearon on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:23 am, edited 10 times in total.

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:33 am

New Damien Vesper wrote:Universe App:
Name: Terminus (Also known as 'The Factions')
Link to wiki page: Custom in a way* *Note*: I made this with inspiration from a micronation I helped found with a Divergent inspiration. If needed you can check out our website. http://www.terminusgov.webs.com

Character App:
Name: Kyle Williams
Appearance: Kyle has white skin, blue eyes, blonde hair. He wears black clothes like it is expected of Dauntless to do. He has his left ear pierced, he has a tattoo of the Dauntless symbol on the upper part of his back, you can see the tip of his tattoo on his neck when he wears V-Necks. Kyle is 6'1" tall and weighs 162 lbs.
Powers, abilities, skills: Kyle is trained in fighting and skilled with guns.
Destructive capacity: I don't quite understand.
Equipment: An MP40 with extra ammo, a browning with extra ammo, and two .35 Magnums with extra ammo.
Short Bio: Kyle was born as an Erudite. The older he got more aggressive and less intelligent. When aptitude test day came, Kyle's aptitude was obviously Dauntless. In his Initiation Kyle excelled with fighting and weapons. By his Initiation's end he was the highest rated in his class. Kyle was able and did choose a job with the Dauntless leaders.
Weaknesses: Anything he can't protect himself against.

Accepted. Your character is a normal human, so you are Street Level. You universe's designation number is Universe 4. Welcome to the Multiverse Tournament!

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 am

The Five Galaxies wrote:Finland, do you think you could expand the character app to be more similar to the one on Entropy's Arena? The terms there had links on them to explain what they meant and give examples - and it includes other useful information such as standard equipment, typical techniques, etc.

I don't know, maybe some time.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:35 am

Bearon wrote:Universe App

Character App
Appearance: Around 6ft tall Magneto weighs around 180 pounds and has dark blue eyes and dark grey hair.
Equipment: A helmet that prevents telepathic attacks.

Short backstory:
Weaknesses: Aside from his magnetic powers Magneto is a regular mortal meaning that without metal he is all but helpless.

Accepted. Your universe designation number is Universe 5. Welcome to the Multiverse Tournament!
Last edited by Finland SSR on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 am

There, I've combined the apps together for a more detailed - and informative - application.

Name:
Appearance:
Species:

Powers and Abilities:

Weaknesses:

Destructive Capacity:

Speed:

Durability:

Lifting Strength:

Striking Strength:

Stamina:

Standard Equipment:

Intelligence:

Notable Techniques:

Backstory:

Link to Wiki Page: (Ignore if Custom)

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 am

Finland SSR wrote:
Bearon wrote:Universe App

Character App
Equipment: A helmet that prevents telepathic attacks.

Short backstory:

Accepted. Your universe designation number is Universe 5. Welcome to the Multiverse Tournament!

I edited out the broken links. ;P

Also what does low stellar level mean?

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:41 am

Bearon wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Accepted. Your universe designation number is Universe 5. Welcome to the Multiverse Tournament!

That one can destroy a star, similar to the Sun.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Bearon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Bearon » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:42 am

Finland SSR wrote:
Bearon wrote:

That one can destroy a star, similar to the Sun.

Ouch. So I assume no beings like Superman Prime or Silver Surfer in this fight?

The Five Galaxies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Five Galaxies » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:48 am

Bearon wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:That one can destroy a star, similar to the Sun.

Ouch. So I assume no beings like Superman Prime or Silver Surfer in this fight?

I doubt anyone like that will come up.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse