NATION

PASSWORD

A Dance of Deities, Resurrected (OOC/CLOSED)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

A Dance of Deities, Resurrected (OOC/CLOSED)

Postby Goldsaver » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:22 pm

Map Made by G-Tech
The Dance of Deities IC is here

This is a concept I've been tossing around for a while, and I wanted to see if anyone is interested.

Premise: You are a God. Not one of those Gods that comes down to the world to mess shit up with his mighty fists/beard/hammer, but a God who sits in the Heavens, exerting their power on the mortal plane. The type of God that will cause a bad storm to destroy their enemies, not punch them into oblivion. Your goal is whatever You, in Your Divine Wisdom, choose, but is probably to expand your influence and cause events related to your domain. Your ability to influence mortal events is limited by your power points, which can be replenished steadily by worship of you, or in spikes by events related to your domain.

Gods will select a primary domain (like Freedom, Death, War); events that are related to these domains will grant them power points. Gods may also select up to three secondary domains, which will grant them a smaller number of power points for relevant events. Gods with domains not primarily linked to human actions (like the Sun, Moon, or Nature) will instead be primarily empowered by worship.

Setting: For reasons unknown to you, your power over the material plane has been limited to a few thousand square miles of land, an area dotted by primitive (read: bronze age) villages that are just beginning to develop their culture and societies. It is in your power to create a people with a deep seated compassion for all living beings, a people who view all outsiders as enemies to be slain, a people whose idea of a good time is cutting out a virgin's heart, or a people who just want to break dance with goats.

Mechanics: This isn't going to be a typical, free form RP all the way, though in some ways it will be. Your ability to exert your divine influence will be limited by your power points (meant to be a representation of an abstract limit on a non-omnipotent deity's power). If all your power points are exerted (which can only really happen if you have basically no worshipers and your domains have been effectively eliminated from the world, or if you go way overboard in exerting your divine power), you will cease to exist. You will be limited to a single divine action per "round" (meaning between my posts dealing with action results, after a reasonable waiting period for everyone to post their actions). As Narrator, I will determine the consequences of your action; the more detailed and specific you are in your action, and the more power points you exert, the more successful your action will be.

In order to demonstrate what I'm thinking of, here is a (very short) example.
Poster 1: Akait, God of Freedom, has had enough of the brutal slavery practiced by the people of Norkt. Akait empowers his most loyal worshiper, Saot, with divine charisma to inspire the brow-beaten slaves into rebellion. (Spend: 5 Power Points)
Narrator: Inspired by the words of Saot, many slaves across the town begin to plan for their freedoms. Three overseers are found murdered overnight, and a dozen slaves fled overnight, seeking refuge in the nearby village of Domit. A group of ten slaves opted for open rebellion, and stormed down a group of soldiers, stealing their weapons and armor, and established a foothold in the center of the city.
(Akait, God of Freedom Gain: 6 Power Points| Moros, God of War, Gains: 3 Power Points)

The application is below, but APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED FOR THE TIME BEING!

Code: Select all
Application
Nation Name:
Deity Name:
Primary Domain:
Secondary Domain(s):
Worshiper Name:
Worshiper Description: (A few paragraphs or so describing the worshiper, his past, and how he came to worship this deity)
Description of Deity: (His goals, his interpretations of his domains, etc)
Symbols of Deity: (I.E. A cross, a flame)
Other Notes: (I.E. Favored weapon of deity, sacred animal, etc)
RP Example:

Active Deities

Maerios, The Forge-Father, The Lord of the Harvest, The Underking and Master of the Earth, played by G-Tech Corporation
Neirus-Sudta, God of Passion, Fire, Creativity, Inspiration, Creation, and Beauty. played by Raktio
Glu'ciel, the Divine Raider, Master of the West, the True Slaver, Father of Vampires, God of Raiding, Greed, Slavery, Domination, Blood Magic, and Vampirism, played by Ralnis
"Father" Sinterklaas, God of Freedom, Revolution, Healing, Scholarly Knowledge of the Humanities and Social Sciences, and Charity, played by The Grim Reaper
Egaida, Goddess of Nature, Wilderness, Plants, and the Forest, played by Alleniana
Asana, The Sea Maiden, Lady Of The Lakes, Mistress Of The Deep Blue, Goddess of Water, Rivers, Storms, and Fishing, played by Imperial--japan

Domain List

Used Domains
Bolded names means that it is the primary domain of that deity.
Agriculture-Maerios
Beauty-Neirus
Blood Magic-Glu'ciel
Charity-Sinterklass
Craftsmanship-Maerios
Creation-Neirus
Creativity-Neirus
Domination-Glu'ciel
Earth-Maerios
Freedom-Sinterklass
Fire-Neirus
Fishing-Asana
Forest-Egaida
Greed-Glu'ciel
Healing-Sinterklass
Industry-Maerios
Inspiration-Neirus
Order-Maerios
Passion-Neirus
Plants-Egaida
Lakes-Asana
Life-Maerios
Nature-Egaida
Raiding-Glu'ciel
Revolution-Sinterklass
Rivers-Asana
Scholarly Knowledge-Sinterklass
Sea-Asana
Slavery-Glu'ciel
Storms-Asana
Vampirism- Glu'ciel
Water-Asana
Wilderness-Egaida

Old, Forgotten, and Unloved Deities

Hiszir, also known as Hishir, God of Madness and Imagination, The Innocent One, played by Khyrznistria
Raum, God of The Occult, Fear, Fanaticism, and Superstition, played by Legital
Basrudi, God of War, Violence, Aggression, Expansion, Fighting, Forcefulness, played by Alleniana* Now playing a different deity
Selene, The Lady, The Thief, The Huntress, the Sorceress, Goddess of the Night, Shadows, Deep Magic, Sex, Luck, and the Hunt, played by Vellond-Hexter
Koran, The Lifebringer, God of Glory, Fire, Heavens, Life, and Illumination, played by Kromar
Merus-Lyg, the Vengeful-One, the Tormentor, Lord of the Damned, Demon of Woe, God of Vengance, Damnation, Curses, Evil Omens, Nightmares, Doom, and Misfortune, played by Esconelle
b]Unos[/b], God of War,Imperialism, Nationalism, Militarism, played by Fascist Bermuda
Somatidion Kollat, the Lore, God of Scholarly Knowledge, Healing, Craftsmanship, the Arts, Peace, and Order, played by Carcharhinidae Primari
Qlipoth, the Soul Gatherer, the Great Mother, Goddess of Death, Dreams, Memory, and Childbirth, played by Mnar Secundus

Active Settlements

Stonesun, a village located in a mountain valley. Known as a prosperous mining town containing the best smiths in the land, subsists off of terrace farming. Their houses are built into the base of the mountain, creating a highly defensible village that is no stranger to raids from mountain bandits.
Population: 200

Screamsoul, located near the end of the major mountain range, inhabited by a clan of warrior men and women equipped with bronze weapons and armor. Known for raiding, pillaging, and capturing and enslaving children from other towns.
Destroyed, remaining forces: 30 Armed Men; remaining population: 50 scattered survivors

Grassmarch, a shepherd/farming village located in a wide plains area, nearby a major river. Major producers of food through farming and ranching. Known as a peaceful people, often victims of raids from Screamsoul.
Population: 120

Feyfawn, a village located in an isolated forest. Small population, its people are feared as witches and wizards. Practitioners of magic, live in fear of evil forest creatures. Well-respected archers, live a hunter-gatherer life style.
Population: 65

Gatewatch, the only city in the region, positioned by a natural harbor. Located central relative to other settlements. Known for shrewd trading and the only settlement to have regular contact with outlanders. Most cultured of the settlements. Prospers from trade, both with other settlements and outlanders. Extensive practice of slavery. Maintains a group of trade ships.
Population: 5,000

Freefoot, a settlement founded by the remnants of a slave uprising from Gatewatch. Known for aggression and inventiveness. Survives through innovative agricultural practices and constant raids on caravans leaving Gatewatch. Maintains a mobile naval force that constantly harasses Gatewatch traders.
Population: 400

Songrun, a settlement consisting of self-imposed outcasts from Gatewatch, known for drunken revelry and use of hallucinogenic substances. Trades medicine with Gatewatch in exchange for food.
Population: 400

Mediton, less a village and more a collection of hermits living deep in the mountains. Known for philosophy, exceptional skill in unarmed combat, and production of fine wine.
Population: 60

Sharebon, a village located in the icy north. Known as harsh but well disciplined survivalists, for equal distribution of necessities among the able-bodied and the elimination of the infirm.
Population: 40

Mertail, a fisherman's village located on the coast. Known for their fishing, as well as a tendency to produce adventurers.
Population: 150

Tinkson, a wealthy village that is known for producing technological advances. Located close to Gatewatch.
Population: 300
Population:

We have an IRC channel on Mibbit, the channel is #Godlands
Last edited by Goldsaver on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:43 am, edited 30 times in total.
The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

The Serbian Empire
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Serbian Empire » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Sounds interesting...
LOVEWHOYOUARE~ WOMAN
Level 12 Myrmidon, Level ⑨ Tsundere, Level ✿ Hold My Flower
Bad Idea Purveyor
8 Values: https://8values.github.io/results.html?e=56.1&d=70.2&g=86.5&s=91.9
Political Compass: Economic -10.00 Authoritarian: -9.13
TG for Facebook if you want to friend me
Marissa, Goddess of Stratospheric Reach
preferred pronouns: Female ones
Primarily lesbian, but pansexual in nature

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Ah, yes, if you have any ideas/suggestions/critiques you would like to make, I would welcome those as well. This is currently a rough concept.
Free Federation Q&A

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm certainly interested.

And if I am able to reserve, I would like the domains of the occult, fanaticism, fear, and superstition.

Since fear is broad, I'd rather focus on irrational fear. I don't mind sharing domains if that is how it works as a secondary, but I'd like my main to be the occult.
Last edited by Legital on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:53 pm

Shiny. Dibs Earth:Industry/Craftsmanship/Agriculture archetype.

I also adore mechanics.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:03 pm

Dibs on passion/fire/inspiration
Broadside dead ahead!

No, this comment is not meant to be sarcastic.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Yeah if you wish to call dibs on domains you may do so. As a general rule, primary domains should be unique to each deity (and those are what you should call dibs on); secondary domains may overlap (and a deity may have a secondary domain that is the same as another deity's primary domain)
Free Federation Q&A

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:11 pm

Tag & claiming War.
N U T S !

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Goldsaver wrote:Yeah if you wish to call dibs on domains you may do so. As a general rule, primary domains should be unique to each deity (and those are what you should call dibs on); secondary domains may overlap (and a deity may have a secondary domain that is the same as another deity's primary domain)

So one deity could have Fire as a primary, and another would have Fire as a secondary?
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

New Romanis
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Romanis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:25 pm

Sounds interesting, I'd like to reserve the domains of water and storms.
Proud Member of the Roman Alliance! SPQR

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm

There is sufficent interest, so I will prep the app and begin work on the setting.
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Goldsaver wrote:Yeah if you wish to call dibs on domains you may do so. As a general rule, primary domains should be unique to each deity (and those are what you should call dibs on); secondary domains may overlap (and a deity may have a secondary domain that is the same as another deity's primary domain)

So one deity could have Fire as a primary, and another would have Fire as a secondary?

That would be valid, yes.
Last edited by Goldsaver on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Federation Q&A

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Goldsaver wrote:There is sufficent interest, so I will prep the app and begin work on the setting.

Ah, so then it'd be a degree of control; the one with the secondary would need more power to effect that domain, and gain less from humans working in that domain.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:45 pm

I have posted a baseline application so people can formally get their domains claimed.

Goldsaver wrote:There is sufficent interest, so I will prep the app and begin work on the setting.

Ah, so then it'd be a degree of control; the one with the secondary would need more power to effect that domain, and gain less from humans working in that domain.

Yeah. A deity with a primary domain of fire would be able to, say, spark a massive wildfire that completely consumes a large forest with ten power points, while a deity with flame as a secondary domain would only do some damage with the same amount of points, and a deity with no domains related to flame could still feasibly start a fire but most likely not to any great effect. Likewise, a group of priests sacrificing a large number of people on a massive pyre would give more power to the deity with the primary domain in flame than the deity with a secondary domain in flame.
Last edited by Goldsaver on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Federation Q&A

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Application
Nation Name: G-Tech Corporation
Deity Name: Maerios, The Forge-Father, The Lord of the Harvest, Life-Breather, The Underking and Master of the Earth
Primary Domain: Earth
Secondary Domain(s): Industry, Craftsmanship, Agriculture, Order, Life
Worshiper Name: Finnius Mas'Ameral
Worshiper Description: Finnius is a tall man, broad of shoulder, towering nearly a head over most. His hands are rough and callused from working his forge day and night for the Oligarchy of Mons, for his expertise in bronze-work is legendary. Shaggy of head and possessing a thick beard as black as coal, Finnius is a great bear of a man. Raised in the Oligarchy and working in its mines for a time, he grew to love the stone and ore delved from deep below the light of day, and learned to work it with immense skill over time. Maerios revealed himself to Finnius through the skill of his craft and wrought images speaking to the smith, and Finnius currently seeks to spread the worship of the Smith-Lord.
Description of Deity: Maerios seeks to forge a brighter future for man; in his charge are the crafts of civilization, advancement, and plenty, all drawn from the Earth that is his home for the good of his adherents.
Symbols of Deity: A hammer and a scythe.
Other Notes: I'll add things here as I think of them.
RP Example: A Message to the Universe

Will finish in morning.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:53 pm

WIP

Application
Nation Name: Raktio
Deity Name: Neirus-Sudta
Primary Domain: Passion
Secondary Domain(s): Fire, Creativity, Inspiration, Creation, Beauty
Worshiper Name: (Ravhey Sodrasha)
Worshiper Description:
Description of Deity: Neirus-Sudta doesn't care much to what the humans do as long as they are driven by passion to do it, a truly devoted artisan creating a master piece in Neirus-Sudta's view is much better than havng ten worshippers. Neirus-Sudta wants humans to have a meaning in life, a reason to live and enjoy it at it's fullest. Because of his (Neirus-Sudta is actually genderless but usually described as masculine) ideology he is against things like slavery and anything that genuinely is boring or depressing. Neirus-Sudta is fond of things such as feasting and celebration, so creation of holidays is a big thing for him, lastly having passionate sex is a means of effectively worshiping him (whether they are intentionally giving him power or not)
Symbols of Deity: there are no fixed symbols, the most common archtype is a uniquely designed flame with the individual fingers intertwining with eachother. Other favorite symbols are hearts (typically with flames in the background) as well as phoenixs, but other than that it's up to the creator's imagination.
Other Notes: Neirus-Sudta created phoenixs, wild and somewhat intelligent birds who's sight and call will bolster a person's passions (they won't create any though, just raise them to new levels for a while). Unlike most deities Neirus-Sudta doesn't typically wield a weapon in a fight, but rather just simply enjoys enraging his opponents by dodging their attacks (as per getting enraged oger missing him is just simply a form of grow ing passion).
RP Example: I just need to make a fact book page with all the RPs I've done, is G-tech's word that I've RP'd several times before good enough?
Last edited by Raktio on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Broadside dead ahead!

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:11 pm

What's the current technological level of the people and is the only sentient race humans kr are there others?
Broadside dead ahead!

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:54 am

Raktio wrote:What's the current technological level of the people and is the only sentient race humans kr are there others?

Early bronze age; currently there are only humans. If you get a large following you could begin to shape your worshipers into other forms.
Free Federation Q&A

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:04 am

Goldsaver wrote:
Raktio wrote:What's the current technological level of the people and is the only sentient race humans kr are there others?

Early bronze age; currently there are only humans. If you get a large following you could begin to shape your worshipers into other forms.

Marvelous. I've polished up my app, time for some bronze age goodness.

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 am

I am going to begin working on the setting. As I mentioned in the OP, in the beginning you will be limited to a small slice of the world. There are going to be about a dozen developing settlements and one city; in terms of geography, it is going to be very diverse. As time goes on, and as you become more powerful, the area you can work in will be slowly expanded. My goal is to make each settlement relatively unique; if you have an idea for a settlement you would like to be put in, just TG me and I will consider it.

G-Tech, your application is approved.
Free Federation Q&A

Flarbinia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Why I Hate This Thread

Postby Flarbinia » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am

What is the point of being a God if I can not punish mortals for their sins? This Concept sucks!
Last edited by Flarbinia on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khyrznistria
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Khyrznistria » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:29 am

Is it required to start off with a worshiper, or can we choose one later?
"I have no idea where that cocaine came from officer; I'm just a bored teenager who happens to have a chemistry set and a potted cocoa plant."
"I keep forgetting about the tiny metal skulls in my brain." "Have you gotten that checked?"

Female, agnostic/non-observant Jew, USA. I like to dip strawberries in strawberry cream cheese because it's meta as fuck.

Raktio
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Raktio » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:30 am

Flarbinia wrote:What is the point of being a God if I can not punish mortals for their sins? This Concept sucks!

Clearly you don't get the concept of indirect damage, a god with a secondary or primary in fire can burn a man's house and fields, a water type god could cause drought or flooding a earth based god could make the lands infertile, cause earth quakes, or land slides, and a wind god could easily bring in a hurricane or tornadoes. You simply can't go directly straight up to them and go YOU'RE A BAD BOY PUNNY MORTAL, WORSHIP ME!
Broadside dead ahead!

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:31 am

Khyrznistria wrote:Is it required to start off with a worshiper, or can we choose one later?

You can pick one later, if you so wish.
Free Federation Q&A

Khyrznistria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Khyrznistria » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:32 am

Goldsaver wrote:
Khyrznistria wrote:Is it required to start off with a worshiper, or can we choose one later?

You can pick one later, if you so wish.

Excellent. Polishing my app now.
"I have no idea where that cocaine came from officer; I'm just a bored teenager who happens to have a chemistry set and a potted cocoa plant."
"I keep forgetting about the tiny metal skulls in my brain." "Have you gotten that checked?"

Female, agnostic/non-observant Jew, USA. I like to dip strawberries in strawberry cream cheese because it's meta as fuck.

Khyrznistria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Khyrznistria » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:50 am

This is an interesting concept! Who knows what delicious mayhem we'll be able to wreak on the world?

Application
Nation Name: Khyrznistria
Deity Name: Hiszir/Hishir, God of Madness, The Innocent One
Primary Domain: Madness
Secondary Domain(s): Innocence, Lucid Dreams, Imagination
Worshiper Name: Zara
Worshiper Description: Zara is a woman of average size, neither plain nor pretty, nor is she thin or fat, or pale or tan, or distinguishable in any way. In fact, she is almost deceptively forgettable, her only notable trait being her disarming smile. The daughter of a man of moderate wealth, Zara spent much of her early years in unremarkable comfort, until marriageable age. Having, of course, no say in whom she would marry, her father chose a fairly rich young man, whose father's father was a merchant who married the daughter of a merchant, and so forth. And that was when her deep spiral into the arms of the Innocent One began.

When Zara's husband began to mistreat her, she ran to her father, who sent her back. And so began the inescapable cycle of abuse. Until, one day, after she had run from the home to avoid one of her beatings, she happened to come upon a small black lamb drinking from a stream. Entranced, she approached it, and touched its head, at which time she was filled with visions of Hishir, and knew the answer. Returning home, she retired to her chambers and carved a spiral into the wall, lighting candles before it. And then she waited.

When her husband returned, she cut open his chest and lay is heart on a brazier before the spiral, cackling madly. Thus, Zara came to truly worship Hiszir, the Innocent One.
Description of Deity: Hiszir is simply a god who likes to have fun, in a weird, kind of sick way. They are often depicted as literally being two-faced, or as a hermaphrodite, representing the double-edged sword of their domain. The names Hishir and Hiszir can be used interchangeably, with Hiszir most often representing the masculine counterpart, and Hishir the feminine.
Symbols of Deity: A spiral is most often used, for simplicity's sake, though a lamb with black wool is also a favorite symbol.
Other Notes: Lambs with black wool are, conveniently, Hishir's favorite sacrifice. They most often appear to mortals as an attractive young woman with wild black hair, or as a kindly old man carrying a tea set in a satchel. Hiszir has a soft spot for children and families with children, as they are innocent and imaginative. They are also the patron deity of women scorned, and unhappy women most often go to Hishir for guidance and revenge.
RP Example: Risky Business
Last edited by Khyrznistria on Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse