NATION

PASSWORD

[Report] Gloating

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

[Report] Gloating

Postby Elke and Elba » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:46 am

Coroscent wrote:"Recent: "Repeal "National Economic Freedoms"" was defeated 6,685 votes to 2,036."

That effectively means I won the whole argument. Checkmate. Game, set and match etc.

*The Yakusan Ambassador, with victorious countenance, gives a look to the faile opposition that looks reminiscent of something from a WWII textbook

(Image)

He heads back to the Yakusan Foreign Ministry to receive rigorous applause and a knighthood is now being discussed.*

Emphasis mine. Actionable?
Last edited by Dread Lady Nathicana on Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Proper tag in title
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:12 am

That's my repeal, and my thread, so if it counts for anything - I don't consider that to be gloating. Annoying, sure, and wrong, but it's really not that different from what happens in a lot of At Vote threads. They're also very vaguely trying to stay in-character. Clamping down on statements like that would be a full time job for the mods, and virtually every single WA forum poster is at some point caught crowing about the defeat or success of a particular resolution.

What is more irritating is continuing to triple post after being asked not to do so, and referring to other posters as "chumpettes".
Last edited by The Dark Star Republic on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:08 am

Not actionable, but the spammish posting has resulted in a one day ban.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:24 am

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:48 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:Posting past ban?

Indeed. It has been dealt with.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:52 am

The Blaatschapen should resign

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation