NATION

PASSWORD

Sword Art Online: WUO (OOC/Reboot/Signups/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Sword Art Online: WUO (OOC/Reboot/Signups/Open)

Postby Akkaga » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:21 pm

Current Date: Jan, 26th, 2033. Elgaud: Floor 1
11 Years ago the game called SAO, Sword Art Online, sold 10,000 copies to the country of Japan. The game requires nerve gear, which transports your mind into the game and let's you be your character. The games creator took control of the game and locked all 10,000 people into the game and deleted the logout button. He than told them that if they died in the game they died in real life, the only way to win was too beat the 100th floor boss. If that was accomplished they could go home. After two years, and just under 4,000 deaths, the soloer known as Kirito sacrificed himself and overpowered the games creator on floor 75, killing him and clearing the game. Though Kirito, his "wife" Asuna, and the games creator himself were sparred from death. A few months later Kirito beat another game called ALheim, saving Asuna from the crazed ruler of the game who intended to marry her in the real world, while he held her mind captive in the game.

An American corporation,who had people working as spies in the Sword Art Online company, stole data and basically ever detail of the game. They waited 10 Years before announcing their "new" game called Warriors United Online, WUO for short. Just like SAO players had the objective of beating all 100 floors and clearing the boss, but unlike SAO, the great castle was underground and you must fight your way down to the very core of the world. 1,000 people had the beta test but the farthest they got was only level 30. On January 26th, 2033 the first 10,000 copies of the game were sold. This is were our story begins...

Welcome to Elgaud!! The great castle under the Earth! Each level becomes harder to beat, but you get stronger along the way. Good luck, and may the strongest player survive!!
Le IC

SAO Skills
Basic skills and explanations:
1. Marriage in game does not mean marriage in real life. If you get married in game it means the two players share a item screen, people can make it more realistic if they want.
2. The game has pre-made combos and skills. Most combos are for combat but a few others exist.
3. Immortal objects: Things like buildings in cities or pillars cannot be destroyed. Trees and buildings outside of the city can be destroyed.
4. PKing: Your market drops to red as to identify that you have killed someone. (You need the owners approval if non-npc or non-controlled human player.)
5. Magic is not a skill in this game.
6. When you use a special attack your weapon glows and does extra damage.
7. Guilds: Guilds are formed by a few players who want power and strength. Most guilds stand for something more than just strength however. Guilds range from 3 to more than 100 people, the large guilds serve as police and frontline men, the smaller ones are mostly frontline men.
8. Parties: Guilds can party and individuals can party. XP gained as well as items are evenly distributed equally to all members of the party.
9. Switching: Switching is what happens when two or more people fight a monster. One person blocks the monster and yells switch, than another person hits the monster with an attack.

Levels: Each level of the castle has a main town that you enter into. The levels are connected by dungeons. People can settle down in these towns and open their own shops or buy a house. Most levels have monsters on the floors that are far from the towns. The towns are safe zones but outside of the town you are free game.
Rules.
No Godmodding.
Sex is allowed but don't go into detail.
No cheating or hacking the game.
Only two characters for now.
More rules to be added if needed.

Rules on weapons and skills: Just like SAO or games like Runescape, you can choose weapons. Basically any type of sword or other weapon. There is not "classes" but most people concentrate on one weapon. Bows, Maces, Axes, Swords, Shields, and Daggers. Some people also train sub-skills. Tracking, cooking, wood cutting, fishing, beast taming, etc. Really anything and everything.

Rules on Sub-Skills: Each character has one combat skill and one Non-combat skill in the beginning and once every 10 levels they gain an extra skill slot
Lvl 1: 1 Combat
1 Non Combat
Lvl 10: +1 combat or NC skills
Lvl 20: +1 combat or NC skills

App: (We all just started and are on level 1.)
Name:
Sub-Skills:
Appearance (Preferably a picture.):
Backstory:

Yui's Advice: Take the level of the floor you are on, then add 10! That is the level of the boss. Meaning mama and papa, had to be at least level 11 to beat the first boss.

Levels are just numbers in this world. Strength is an illusion, there are far more important things. ~Kirito
Last edited by Akkaga on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You should join Ordis

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Accepted Apps:
App: Jainun
Name: Aleksander de Trastamara
Weapon(s): Katana
Sub-Skills: Non-Combat
-Metal Refining
-Slash weapon Forging
-Light Metal Armor Forging
Combat
-Katana

Backstory: Aleksander has always had a love for video games, so did his brother who paid dearly for it. His brother was in SAO and lost his life and the 35th floor on the front lines. Aleksander continued to play games in memory of his brother and when he heard about WUO he had to play it. Aleksander loves playing any RPG game and even played ALFHeim when he was younger, this love for RPG's grew and eventually he became an MLG, actually making money off the games he plays. With the release of WUO, he saw a chance to make it big, earn more money then before, after all, RPG's are his forte.

IRL he's been fencing since he was 12 years old and has a love for Japanese culture and tries to mimic Samurai fighting techniques to the best of his abilities. He was the foot ball captain on his basketball team. No one in real life realizes how much of a nerd he is so he let's it lose online

Name: Asahi Mana (朝日 真奈); screen name Kirina (霧奈)
Weapon(s): Sub-Skills:
  • Non-combat
    • Equipment appraisal
  • Combat
    • One-handed Dagger
Appearance (Preferably a picture.): Here.
Backstory: A Japanese high school student and an avid RPG player. ALfheim Online veteran. Intelligent and pragmatic character; values personal gain above all else. Comes off as cool and condescending in conversation; exhibits introverted behaviour and a certain degree of narcissism, although has a severe weakness for cute things. Has a paranoid streak. Real-life track and field athlete; proficient in karate.

Name: Tsuyoi Samui (Same in game.)
Weapon(s): Twin Rapiers
Sub-Skills:
- Passive

- Searching
- Listening
- Detection
- Night Vision

Appearance (Preferably a picture.): This:
But with twin Rapiers on him.
Backstory:
Tsuyoi was your average Video Game freak. He never got any high scores, or did any Beta tests, but he still had great fun with his few online friends. Once the VRMMORPG genre came out, he was one of the first to leap to it. When he got stuck in Aincrad, something in him... Snapped. He spent his time totally alone on the front lines, due to the fact that he more often then not attacked other players. When he finally came out, he stayed that way, staying in his room, wandering out occasionally to eat barely enough to survive, and yelling at family who came too close to him. Then, he found Alfheim. Blissfully unaware of the experiments going on in it, it was the thing that fixed him. Somehow, he had a good enough time in there to change back, and stopped being a loner. Once Alfheim was exposed and the Game was temporarily closed, he was devastated, and almost leaped off his house. But something, somewhere inside him stopped him, and he kept on playing games. Eventually, Alfheim reopened, and he kept playing it, as well as WUO.

Name:Alphonse Fen (In game: Core)
Weapon(s): Khopesh
1x Rope Knife
Sub-Skills:
Combat: Parry
Non-Combat: Acrobatics
Weapon Skill: One Hand Curved Blade

Backstory: From a young age, Al was interested in gaming. As he grew older he started to et into the world of virtual reality. With his home life completely shot, because of his horrible family, he was thrown even deeper into the gaming world. He played many games on the world seed, and even a few pay to play games. ALO was something he loved, he was most fascinated by the castle in the sky. He heard rumors that many years ago, a game called SAO trapped 10,000 players inside of it, and after two years, they were released from that same castle. Though the castle's 100 floors were cleared by the time Al got to it, it still held something in his heart. He was a master sniper in GGO, but never won any of the bullets of bullets championships. Too many players had been playing for too long.

When they announced Warriors United Online, Alphonse saw his chance to become a great player. One that was regarded as the best player in the game. No one would be able to jump around with the seed, so everyone was equal. He bought the Beta, and played for a bit, only to floor 15. This was his favorite game out of all the ones he'd ever play. It felt more realistic than his own life, and it was full of puzzles, monsters, and possibilities. He can't wait for the game to come out, this time more than 500 people will be allowed to play. And he would be the best.. He swore to himself.
Last edited by Akkaga on Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You should join Ordis

Xing
Minister

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:15 pm

So I take it this is going to be a reboot of the first WUO we ran?
The Reincarnated Empire of Xing, back in the flesh.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:41 pm

Xing wrote:So I take it this is going to be a reboot of the first WUO we ran?

Exactly. Not a new one, just the old story!
You should join Ordis

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:48 pm

Would that mean that old characters are welcome? I'm still kinda tempted to make a new one, just was curious though.
It is pronounced "Shing". You wouldn't believe how many times I've had it pronounced wrong.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Xing wrote:Would that mean that old characters are welcome? I'm still kinda tempted to make a new one, just was curious though.

Brining back a version of Alphonse myself. You can bring Lance back if you wish.

However, I lied not the same story, there'll be a slight huge change. (Were still gonna be trapped.)
You should join Ordis

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Hue change?

Ryurin
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryurin » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Tag for later app.

Jainun
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:59 pm

App: (We all just started and are on level 1.)
Sub-Skills: Non-Combat
-Musical Instrument
Combat
Katana/Curved Sword
Passive
-Sprint

Backstory: Aleksander has always had a love for video games, so did his brother who paid dearly for it. His brother was in SAO and lost his life and the 35th floor on the front lines. Aleksander continued to play games in memory of his brother and when he heard about WUO he had to play it. Aleksander loves playing any RPG game and even played ALFHeim when he was younger, this love for RPG's grew and eventually he became an MLG, actually making money off the games he plays. With the release of WUO, he saw a chance to make it big, earn more money then before, after all, RPG's are his forte.

IRL he's been fencing since he was 12 years old and has a love for Japanese culture and tries to mimic Samurai fighting techniques to the best of his abilities. He was the foot ball captain on his basketball team. No one in real life realizes how much of a nerd he is so he let's it lose online

Strengths: Cunning, Smart, Compassionate, Quick Thinker, Leader

Weaknesses: Perfectionist, Greedy, Smartass, Short Fuse, Lustful (Wants what he doesn't have)

RP Sample: (Just in case) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=303173

Edited it to add skills (these are the ones I'm going to get over time, not all at once), hopefully I got it right and I added strengths and weaknesses and a bit more to the BIO
Last edited by Jainun on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Xing
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Xing » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:02 pm

Jainun wrote:And I'm not sure what I should put in for sub-skills so I think it's better to ask then look like a fool

Well This provides a full list of the skills that are known to exist in Sword Art Online so it'd probably be best to grab them from there. Otherwise if its not on the list propose it to Akkaga for his approval. Also that link is in the OP so if you ever need to go back to it, its there as well.

Jainun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Xing wrote:
Jainun wrote:And I'm not sure what I should put in for sub-skills so I think it's better to ask then look like a fool

Well This provides a full list of the skills that are known to exist in Sword Art Online so it'd probably be best to grab them from there. Otherwise if its not on the list propose it to Akkaga for his approval. Also that link is in the OP so if you ever need to go back to it, its there as well.

Unfortunately, my computer is as slow as two sloths having sex, so I'll have to look it up tomorrow on mobile

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Jainun wrote:App: (We all just started and are on level 1.)
Sub-Skills:

RP Sample: (Just in case) viewtopic.php?f=31&t=303173

And I'm not sure what I should put in for sub-skills so I think it's better to ask then look like a fool

Sub skills are a minor thing, so I am just gonna say Accepted and let you add it later.
You should join Ordis

Ryurin
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ryurin » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:22 am

There we go.

• Non-combat
    • Equipment appraisal
  • Passive
    • Tracking
  • Combat
    • One-handed Dagger
Backstory: A Japanese high school student and an avid RPG player. ALfheim Online veteran. Intelligent and pragmatic character; values personal gain above all else. Comes off as cool and condescending in conversation; exhibits introverted behaviour and a certain degree of narcissism, although has a severe weakness for cute things. Has a paranoid streak. Real-life track and field athlete; proficient in karate.

Not really sure how many skill slots are allotted to a level 1 character; will make alterations to app as necessary.
Last edited by Ryurin on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:42 am

Brother.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:15 am

Name: Tsuyoi Samui (Same in game.)
Sub-Skills:
- Passive

- Searching
- Listening
- Detection
- Night Vision

Backstory:
Tsuyoi was your average Video Game freak. He never got any high scores, or did any Beta tests, but he still had great fun with his few online friends. Once the VRMMORPG genre came out, he was one of the first to leap to it. When he got stuck in Aincrad, something in him... Snapped. He spent his time totally alone on the front lines, due to the fact that he more often then not attacked other players. When he finally came out, he stayed that way, staying in his room, wandering out occasionally to eat barely enough to survive, and yelling at family who came too close to him. Then, he found Alfheim. Blissfully unaware of the experiments going on in it, it was the thing that fixed him. Somehow, he had a good enough time in there to change back, and stopped being a loner. Once Alfheim was exposed and the Game was temporarily closed, he was devastated, and almost leaped off his house. But something, somewhere inside him stopped him, and he kept on playing games. Eventually, Alfheim reopened, and he kept playing it, as well as WUO.
Last edited by Jordslag on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:22 am

Ryurin wrote:There we go.

• Non-combat
    • Equipment appraisal
  • Combat
    • One-handed Dagger

Not really sure how many skill slots are allotted to a level 1 character; will make alterations to app as necessary.

Accepted
You should join Ordis

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:23 am

Jordslag wrote:Name: Tsuyoi Samui
Sub-Skills:
- Passive

- Searching
- Listening
- Detection
- Night Vision

Backstory:

You do realize you would have been about 6 years old when Sword Art Online came out?
You should join Ordis

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:25 am

Akkaga wrote:
Jordslag wrote:Name: Tsuyoi Samui
Sub-Skills:
- Passive

- Searching
- Listening
- Detection
- Night Vision

Backstory:

You do realize you would have been about 6 years old when Sword Art Online came out?

Oh, XD, my mistake.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:26 am

Jordslag wrote:
Akkaga wrote:

Oh, XD, my mistake.

Much better!! Danke
Accepted
You should join Ordis

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:26 am

Akkaga wrote:
Jordslag wrote:Oh, XD, my mistake.

Much better!! Danke
Accepted

Is there an IC?

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:30 am

Jordslag wrote:
Akkaga wrote:
Much better!! Danke
Accepted

Is there an IC?

Not yet, I'm waiting for at least 5 people.
You should join Ordis

Jainun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:23 am

I edited my app so it's a bit better, Kirito had 12 skill slots by the end of SAO I believe, he may have been around level 90 something maybe 100, so I think to make it easy, each character has one combat skill and one Non-combat skill in the beginning and once every 10 levels they gain an extra skill slot
1 Non Combat
etc...

I don't know if you had a system beforehand so I'm just making a suggestion

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:34 am

App:
Name:Alphonse Fen (In game: Core)
Weapon(s): Khopesh
1x Rope Knife
Sub-Skills:
Parry
Acrobatics

Backstory: From a young age, Al was interested in gaming. As he grew older he started to et into the world of virtual reality. With his home life completely shot, because of his horrible family, he was thrown even deeper into the gaming world. He played many games on the world seed, and even a few pay to play games. ALO was something he loved, he was most fascinated by the castle in the sky. He heard rumors that many years ago, a game called SAO trapped 10,000 players inside of it, and after two years, they were released from that same castle. Though the castle's 100 floors were cleared by the time Al got to it, it still held something in his heart. He was a master sniper in GGO, but never won any of the bullets of bullets championships. Too many players had been playing for too long.

When they announced Warriors United Online, Alphonse saw his chance to become a great player. One that was regarded as the best player in the game. No one would be able to jump around with the seed, so everyone was equal. He bought the Beta, and played for a bit, only to floor 15. This was his favorite game out of all the ones he'd ever play. It felt more realistic than his own life, and it was full of puzzles, monsters, and possibilities. He can't wait for the game to come out, this time more than 500 people will be allowed to play. And he would be the best.. He swore to himself.
Last edited by Akkaga on Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
You should join Ordis

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:36 am

Jainun wrote:I edited my app so it's a bit better, Kirito had 12 skill slots by the end of SAO I believe, he may have been around level 90 something maybe 100, so I think to make it easy, each character has one combat skill and one Non-combat skill in the beginning and once every 10 levels they gain an extra skill slot
1 Non Combat
etc...

That sounds absolutely brilliant!! Before we didn't really focus on it, and it was a gray area, but this makes it so much easier.
You should join Ordis

Jainun
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jainun » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:45 am

Akkaga wrote:
Jainun wrote:I edited my app so it's a bit better, Kirito had 12 skill slots by the end of SAO I believe, he may have been around level 90 something maybe 100, so I think to make it easy, each character has one combat skill and one Non-combat skill in the beginning and once every 10 levels they gain an extra skill slot
1 Non Combat
etc...

That sounds absolutely brilliant!! Before we didn't really focus on it, and it was a gray area, but this makes it so much easier.

:D Awesome, I'm glad I could help in this regard, now I have a few questions, when I've RP'd so far, I've played as an entire nation, not an individual, so I was wondering if you could help me when it comes to single combat and conversations

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse