NATION

PASSWORD

Hogwarts:A New Era(IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Lorellion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Hogwarts:A New Era(IC/OPEN)

Postby Lorellion » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:33 am

Hogwarts: A New Era IC

It has been more than 30 years since Harry Potter defeated the dark wizard Voldemort, and the Wizarding World has reached a new era. An era of peace. An era of stability. However, dark forces are on the rise, and all this peace could go up in flames. Despite all of Hermione Weasley's(nee Granger) work to revolutionize the Ministry of Magic, some of the species of the wizarding world are still adamant about obtaining more rights. Goblin revolutionary actions are now common, werewolf attacks happen much more often, Squib protesting is at an all time high, and new wizard terrorist groups are on the rise. As the Ministry of Magic tries to deal with these problems, dark forces are attempting to take advantage of the chaos. Will the Wizarding World be faced with the Third Wizarding War?

But even with the problems at hand, life goes on. As a young witch or wizard, you are entering Hogwarts School of Witchcraft to start your education. In this changing time however, you will have to decide the kind of witch or wizard you will be. Which house will you be in? Will you find friends? Will you succeed in your classes? Will you make the Quidditch team? Will you find love? Will you be tempted to join the dark forces on the rise? The choice is up to you! Let the magic begin!

Rules:

1. I am the OP, so what I say goes. Any CO-OP I appoint will speak with my voice when I am unavailable.
2. No God-modding, meta-gaming, etc., etc. Basically, be fair and don't make your character perfect.
3. You may make as many students or Ministry officials as you would like, but don't go overboard. You are limited to one professor. You may make your student any year, but I recommend being a first year.
4. Be polite and mature.
5. Be realistic. Sure this RP is about magic, but be logical. A first year will not be able to do complex magic.
6. No canon characters, unless I give you explicit permission.
7. If you are going to be inactive, TG me or post it to the thread.
8. Most importantly, have fun and enjoy your time at Hogwarts!

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=304193

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 am

"hush Lucy, we have been over this before." whispered Nina, a platinum blond, to her howling cat. she was boarding a train, a very special train. it was the one that took her to Hogwarts, the best wizarding school, and her home for the school year. she had her books, her robes, and her cat on a trolley, and her wand in an invisible pocket by her side. her hair pulled back by a sleek green headband, she accepted a kiss from her mother, and a 'good luck' from her father. boarding after her brother, and before her sister, she finally gave up and pulled out her wand. "Silencio" she murmured, pointing her wand at her cat, while pulling the carrier into a compartment towards the front of the train. she sighed as she sat, her cat now silent.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 am

Pandora Strange
"Mama, Papa." the young witch told her parents at King's Cross Station, hugging them again. Her father Saladin pushed his glasses up on his nose and smiled down at his daughter. "Good luck, bambina mia(my child)." he said. He had olive skin, graying black hair and green eyes and looked a lot like the Italian witch. They even had the same thick Italian accent. "Do make sure that you bundle up well dear." "And you have everything right, watch, clothes, wand, books?" her mother Giovanna questioned, fretting over her daughter for the hundredth time. Her dark brown hair was braided and her hazel eyes gazed into Pandora's for a while. "Yes Mama, I'm fine." Pandora smiled, hugging Giovanna again. She then went and hugged her siblings Donatella and Santo. They had the same dark looks as most of their family. "Arrivederci, sorella." the eighteen year old Santo told his younger sister. It meant goodbye sister in Italian. "You'll come back and show me all the cool spell you learned, right sis?" Donatella asked. She was going to turn twelve next year, just starting out on her formal magical education.

Pandora had grown up and continued to live in Italy, but she started Hogwarts on time. A talented young witch but her lack of concentration and her still learning English had left her a year behind where she would normally be. "Of course I will." Pandora said. "Say hello to Jacob for us." Giovanna smiled. Pandora blushed, Jacob was her English boyfriend and they had met in Hogwarts years earlier. "All I have to worry about is my wand backfiring suddenly." the young witch muttered. She had an unusually long wand, it was eighteen inches and a phoenix feather as a core. They were the hardest to train but the most powerful, she often struggled with it doing magic on its own for years but she had mostly tamed it and won its allegiance. However, it still had a feisty spirit and liked to backfire on the Italian from time to time.

"Well we've kept you long enough I believe, here's Luna." Santo handed Pandora a hooting female tawny owl in a cage. Pandora took the cage and smiled. "Hey girl, ready for another adventure?" she asked, to which the owl hooted in answer. "Goodbye and good luck!" Saladin called as Pandora walked away, the whole family kept waving. "Arrivederci!" Pandora called over her shoulder and waved back, her long black hair in a bun to keep it out of her eyes. She stepped onto the platform and looked around, wondering where Jacob was. He always liked to surprise her, he was unpredictable. She would catch him on the train, so Pandora looked around and found an empty compartment, sitting at the window seat. She looked and saw a platinum blonde girl spelling her cat sitting across from her. By the looks of her, she had Malfoy blood. The Malfoys had a history of blood supremacy but had gotten better over the years, the Strange family was pure blood but kind to everyone.
Last edited by Nuridia on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:29 am

Jacob Roslan
Jacob Roslan was a Hogwarts student entering his 5th year. Jacob loved going to Hogwarts, it was a great place to be. All his friends were there, he could play qudditch his favorite sport, and that's where he had met his girlfriend Pandora. She was an Italian born student at Hogwarts who was a year below him despite them being the same age. That was because she came to the school a year late. While at first they didn't for each other they soon became friends and then best friends. Then last year they finally realized their feelings for each other and started dating. Jacob had arrived early to platform 9 and 3/4 and after saying goodbye to his parents boarded the train. He saw Pandora walking onto the train and smiled, deciding that he should surprise her like he often did. He slipped on his invisibility cloak and came up with a plan. The cloak, while not one of the Deathly Hallows, it was still effective enough. Jacob put his luggage on the rail above and put his owl Wandle's cage under his cloak with him. He then walked toward the compartment she was sitting in and sat down next to her, careful not to alert her. After a few minutes he reached out and took her hand gently, the rest of his body still under the cloak.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 am

Pandora was sitting in her seat, unwrapping a hot pumpkin pasty for herself. She was about to eat it when she felt something touch her hand suddenly and nearly jumped out of her chair with a scream. The girl turned around and caught her pasty with one hand while glaring with her eyes. They shifted from green to brown when under different lights or with emotions. She recognized the hand though the rest was invisible. "Jake, that's not funny." "Not one bit, I know you love your pranks but that's just not cool honey." "You almost gave me a heart attack, you're lucky I love you." she scolded her boyfriend. She probably looked weird like she was talking to herself but at the moment she didn't care.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.
The Diamond card suit represents fire, strength and power. Sister of the Queen of Hearts, Queen of Spades and the Queen of Clubs.

Terintania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Terintania » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:50 am

Jet and Moony arrived at Kings Cross station. They were a bit late, and in a hurry, because they parents didn't have the best sense of time. "Goodbye. See you at Christmas," Malcolm, their dad said. Jet and Moony waved goodbye, then set of for platform 9 3/3 with their trolleys. "You nervous?" Jet asked Moony, giving his sister a smile. She shook her head. "No. I have no reason to be," She said, but he could tell that she wasn't completely telling the truth. He could see that she was both excited and a tad bit nervous, but for a first year, she was doing fairly well. "Once we get to the school, we'll probably have to meet up after the sorting ceremony. I don't imagine you're going to be in Slytherin with me. You're to clever, and too nice," He said, tugging at his sister's braid playfully. She giggled and tugged her hair out of his grasp,"I don't know why you ended up in Slytherin. Maybe you can give the house a better name, rather then being the house of jerks and dark lords," She said. "It just goes to show that you can't judge a whole house by what a few people are like," Jet told her as they arrived at the pillar between 9 and 10. "Ready?" He asked her. She nodded, and together they headed through the wall.

"Wow!" Moony gasped, looking around the platform. "Cool." Jet smiled at his little sister. She was usually calm about things, but he could see that she was excited and amazed by the wonders of magic. "We better get on the train," He said, putting his arm around her shoulder in an almost protective way as they took their stuff and headed in to the train. They found an empty carriage and took a seat, settling in for the ride.
Times are looking grim these days~

Lorellion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorellion » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:51 am

Ella Fedele

Ella approached the stone wall tentatively with her trolley. I know it won't hurt me, but what if it closes before I get inside? She looked back at her father with fear in her eyes, but he wasn't paying attention to her. He was too busy talking to some reporter who wanted to know how he felt about his only daughter going off to Hogwarts. He had put on his famous "Minister of Magic smile" and she knew that once he was smiling like that, he wasn't her father anymore; he was the minister.

"You know, it's always hard to say goodbye to your children, but I never thought it would this hard. We stayed up all night last night spending time together before she left." Ella rolled her eyes. You filthy liar, she thought to herself. She gave her father another glare before realizing he wasn't paying attention. She stroked her snowy owl impatiently as her father continued talking to the reporter. Eventually, when the clock read 10:55, Ella cleared her throat loudly and gestured to the clock. Both her father and the reporter looked at her and frowned. "Dear, I'm in the middle of an interview. Keep this off the record, will you?" The reporter's Quick Quotes Quill scratched out his last sentence.

Ella glared at him. "It's time to go," she declared angrily.

"Just a few more minutes Ella." He turned to the reporter. "She is extremely excited about school starting. She's a smart girl, this one. I reckon she'll be top of her class. She's been reading all summer."

Ella blushed, but continued to glare. "Now," she said through gritted teeth.

Ella's father frowned. "Well, I can't just leave in the middle of an interview. That would be very rude. You can go along to the train. I will see you at Christmas." He leaned down and gave her a half-hearted hug for the reporter. Ella could just see it now. "Minister and daughter have a tearful goodbye before daughter leaves for Hogwarts." Ella barely returned the hug and turned on her heel, running for the wall between platforms nine and ten. She closed her eyes, and when she opened them again, she was facing a scarlet train.

She whispered to her owl underneath her breath, "We're going to Hogwarts." She smiled with glee and continued towards the train.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:56 am

Jacob saw his girlfriend's reaction to his joke and frowned, realizing she was mad. He noticed that her eyes had turned brown, showing that she was angry. He didn't like when she yelled at him. She was a little older than him and when she yelled at him it made him feel like a child. "Sorry sweetie" he said apologetically as he took his cloak off. "I didn't mean to scare you like that. I guess I went to far. I didn't mean to make you mad. Can you forgive me?" He asked her contritely, kissing her cheek.
Last edited by Tomia on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:01 pm

"Mm, I don't know." Pandora said in her Italian accent but then smiled a little when her boyfriend kissed her cheek. "I guess I can forgive you just this once." She then turned to Jacob and took his hand. "I really did miss you, you know." "Communicating by letter most of the year just isn't the same as seeing you in person." "Living in separate countries sucks sometimes." Pandora told Jacob, giving him a quick peck on the lips. She then noticed that some more kids were getting on the train. "They must be late." "I've been late about then thousand times." the teenager told herself. She saw her family still outside and waved to them through the open window. "Bye Pandi!" little Donatella squeaked, making Pandora smile.
Last edited by Nuridia on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:14 pm

Ash Cahill

''Platform 9¾, magically concealed between the barrier of the Wizard and Muggle world. Utter genius indeed,'' remarked the dark haired wizard.

''Don't forget to send me emails when you're there,'' pressed his ten year old sister Coralina.

''Computers are for muggles Cora, I'll be writing instead. Besides Hogwarts doesn't have electricity.''

''That sounds rather... primitive.''

''Magic's the best alternate solution for everything. I'll write to you, maybe even get an owl to deliver it,'' he said.

''Get ready, the train's arriving!'' announced Ash's mother Beatrix. She was an employee of the Ministry of Magic, as well as a pure blood, unlike her son whose father was a Muggle, making Ash a half blood like the rest of his siblings.

''Have you made sure you've packed everything you need?'' asked his mother Beatrix.

''Yes,'' replied Ash, fed up with her having asked the same question at least five times earlier this day.

A hazelnut trunk, a blue chest, a snake container carrying his Dunespoor pet and a Muggle wheelie bag. After he heard the rail screech from the train stopping he carefully had his belongings safely stored away for the journey before boarding the Hogwarts Express.

''Do well in all your tests!'' said his mother.

''And don't go looking for girls!'' teased his sister.

Ash sighed silently at the last comment. What was her problem? He wasn't even interesting in pursuing such pointless distractions, he had another more important goal to accomplish. As he waved goodbye he walked further away inside the train, slightly surprised at the sheer number of students already here. Looking around, he searched for a seat.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Jacob smiled when Pandora teased him and was happy when she said she would forgive him. "Thank you sweetie, I was afraid I was going to have to find a new girlfriend, and I'd never find one as awesome as you." He half joked the Italian girl, still holding her hand. "I missed you to Panda" Panda was his nickname for Pandora. "Letters don't make up for you not being next to me. I hate when we're apart. You know my parents are going on vacation over Christmas break, I was thinking maybe I could come to Italy with you. I mean, as long as your parents don't mind."

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:31 pm

"Panda?" "Do I look like a giant black and white bamboo eating bear to you?" Pandora joked to her boyfriend. She never really cared much for that nickname, but knew that he met it affectionately. "You know, I would love it if you came to Italy with me." "I would love to show you my hometown, Florence." Florence was the capital of Tuscany, the region of Italy where Pandora grew up. "I'm sure they won't mind, but Santo on the other hand." Pandorra said about her older brother, feeding Luna the last bits of the pumpkin pasty.
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 pm

James walked into the train. He would miss North Ireland. Everybody knew him there. Here everything would be different, and people might be... Afraid. He kept walking despite this, and finally chose the Compartment Nina was sitting in and walked in. "Excuse me... Do you mind me sitting here?" He muttered. His Cat, Prince Charles, wrapped around his Neck. He scratched Charles's ears instinctively.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Jacob had taken his owl's cage out of the invisibility cloak and placed it next to him on the seat. Jacob chuckled at his girlfriend's joke. "Well you're cute and cuddly, and really sweet." He told her putting his arm around her. He knew she didn't really care for the nickname but hoped it didn't bother her too much. "If you don't like Panda sweetie, I'm sure I can come up with something better." He smiled when she liked his idea about visiting Italy. "I'd love to see your hole town sweetie." He chuckled at her comment about he older brother. From what Jacob understood he didn't much appreciate Jacob dating his younger sister as he was very protective of her. "Don't worry, I'm sure I can get him to like me. I'm mean hey, it worked with you right?"
Last edited by Tomia on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Jordslag wrote:James walked into the train. He would miss North Ireland. Everybody knew him there. Here everything would be different, and people might be... Afraid. He kept walking despite this, and finally chose the Compartment Nina was sitting in and walked in. "Excuse me... Do you mind me sitting here?" He muttered. His Cat, Prince Charles, wrapped around his Neck. He scratched Charles's ears instinctively.

looking up, Nina noticed a kid asking to sit.
"sure. nice cat, by the way. seems well behaved. mine won't shut up" she said, aiming the last part at her magically silent cat, still visibly yowling and acting like she was going to die. "this little thing's lily, and I'm Nina. how bout you?"

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:51 pm

Lightwood wrote:
Jordslag wrote:James walked into the train. He would miss North Ireland. Everybody knew him there. Here everything would be different, and people might be... Afraid. He kept walking despite this, and finally chose the Compartment Nina was sitting in and walked in. "Excuse me... Do you mind me sitting here?" He muttered. His Cat, Prince Charles, wrapped around his Neck. He scratched Charles's ears instinctively.

looking up, Nina noticed a kid asking to sit.
"sure. nice cat, by the way. seems well behaved. mine won't shut up" she said, aiming the last part at her magically silent cat, still visibly yowling and acting like she was going to die. "this little thing's lily, and I'm Nina. how bout you?"

"I'm James..." He said, quietly. He took the seat across from Nina and put Prince Charles down, and proceeded to pet him very slowly. "It's possible to make it quieter by staying still. Then it gets used to your presence." He said to her, without looking at her.

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Jordslag wrote:
Lightwood wrote:looking up, Nina noticed a kid asking to sit.

"I'm James..." He said, quietly. He took the seat across from Nina and put Prince Charles down, and proceeded to pet him very slowly. "It's possible to make it quieter by staying still. Then it gets used to your presence." He said to her, without looking at her.

"oh trust me, she is very used to me. she was bought for me at two weeks, and her whole litter and mother besides. we have been together for seven years. but she hates trains, and loves to be dramatic. what about yours, hm? girl? boy? name? as shy as you?" she said, teasingly at the end. she meant it as a joke, not actually teasing him for being shy.

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:57 pm

Lightwood wrote:
Jordslag wrote:"I'm James..." He said, quietly. He took the seat across from Nina and put Prince Charles down, and proceeded to pet him very slowly. "It's possible to make it quieter by staying still. Then it gets used to your presence." He said to her, without looking at her.

"oh trust me, she is very used to me. she was bought for me at two weeks, and her whole litter and mother besides. we have been together for seven years. but she hates trains, and loves to be dramatic. what about yours, hm? girl? boy? name? as shy as you?" she said, teasingly at the end. she meant it as a joke, not actually teasing him for being shy.

James had already fallen asleep, cuddled up with Prince Charles. The cat sat on his head and licked it's paws. James clutched, very tightly, to his chest a strange book.

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:05 pm

Jordslag wrote:
Lightwood wrote:"oh trust me, she is very used to me. she was bought for me at two weeks, and her whole litter and mother besides. we have been together for seven years. but she hates trains, and loves to be dramatic. what about yours, hm? girl? boy? name? as shy as you?" she said, teasingly at the end. she meant it as a joke, not actually teasing him for being shy.

James had already fallen asleep, cuddled up with Prince Charles. The cat sat on his head and licked it's paws. James clutched, very tightly, to his chest a strange book.

smiling involuntarily, Nina finally let her cat out of its padded carrier. taking hold of her floppy cat, she held Lucy in her lap, and took out a silver and boar bristle brush. she then began grooming the cat, running the brush under her chin and down her back. calming down, she began purring, and Nina took the spell off of her. looking at the sleeping boy, Nina wondered what house he was.
Last edited by Lightwood (Ancient) on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jordslag
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Jordslag » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

The Purring woke James up. "Oh, I think I heard a Cat purring. Lucy, was it?" He then sat up and watched Lucy Intently, while Petting Charles.

Nuridia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nuridia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:07 pm

Tomia wrote:Jacob had taken his owl's cage out of the invisibility cloak and placed it next to him on the seat. Jacob chuckled at his girlfriend's joke. "Well you're cute and cuddly, and really sweet." He told her putting his arm around her. He knew she didn't really care for the nickname but hoped it didn't bother her too much. "If you don't like Panda sweetie, I'm sure I can come up with something better." He smiled when she liked his idea about visiting Italy. "I'd love to see your hole town sweetie." He chuckled at her comment about he older brother. From what Jacob understood he didn't much appreciate Jacob dating his younger sister as he was very protective of her. "Don't worry, I'm sure I can get him to like me. I'm mean hey, it worked with you right?"

"Well I hope so." Pandora said to her boyfriend. "I'm sure that you'll eventually win Santo over sweetie, he won't kill you at the least." "Donatella adores you, just like an older brother." "I think Santo's a little jealous that you're taking both of his sisters from him." "And about our subjects this year, I hope that I get Muggle music again." "I quite enjoy it, I grew up among Muggles after all." "Some wizards may have contempt for a pure blood witch doing that, but when have I ever cared about what anybody said?" Pandora put in her earbuds and hummed softly to the American rock song that was playing in her mp3 player. It was by Skillet, a muggle rock band.

The secret side of me
I never let you see
I keep it caged
But I can't control it
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly
I feel the rage
And I just can't hold it

It's scratching on the walls
In the closet, in the halls
It comes awake
And I can't control it
Hiding under the bed
In my body, in my head
Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end!

I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become
The nightmare's just begun
I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

My secret side I keep
Hid under lock and key
I keep it caged
But I can't control it
Cause if I let him out
He'll tear me up
And break me down
Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end!

I feel it deep within,
I hate what I've become

I feel it deep within,
I, I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

It's hiding in the dark
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul,
It wants my heart

No one can hear me scream
Maybe it's just a dream
Or maybe it's inside of me
Stop this monster!

I feel it deep within,
I hate what I've become

I feel it deep within,
I'm gonna lose control
Here's something radical

I, I feel like a monster [4x]
Uru, Queen of Diamonds.

Lightwood (Ancient)
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lightwood (Ancient) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Jordslag wrote:The Purring woke James up. "Oh, I think I heard a Cat purring. Lucy, was it?" He then sat up and watched Lucy Intently, while Petting Charles.

giggling, she said "lucy decided she would be nice if I brushed her. she likes attention more than she hates the train, and once I stop brushing her" she then stopped to demonstrate. the cat stiffened and let out a yowl. "she does that." nina then resumed brushing, stopping her cat mid howl.

Islamic Republic e Jariri
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Islamic Republic e Jariri » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Terintania wrote:Jet and Moony arrived at Kings Cross station. They were a bit late, and in a hurry, because they parents didn't have the best sense of time. "Goodbye. See you at Christmas," Malcolm, their dad said. Jet and Moony waved goodbye, then set of for platform 9 3/3 with their trolleys. "You nervous?" Jet asked Moony, giving his sister a smile. She shook her head. "No. I have no reason to be," She said, but he could tell that she wasn't completely telling the truth. He could see that she was both excited and a tad bit nervous, but for a first year, she was doing fairly well. "Once we get to the school, we'll probably have to meet up after the sorting ceremony. I don't imagine you're going to be in Slytherin with me. You're to clever, and too nice," He said, tugging at his sister's braid playfully. She giggled and tugged her hair out of his grasp,"I don't know why you ended up in Slytherin. Maybe you can give the house a better name, rather then being the house of jerks and dark lords," She said. "It just goes to show that you can't judge a whole house by what a few people are like," Jet told her as they arrived at the pillar between 9 and 10. "Ready?" He asked her. She nodded, and together they headed through the wall.

"Wow!" Moony gasped, looking around the platform. "Cool." Jet smiled at his little sister. She was usually calm about things, but he could see that she was excited and amazed by the wonders of magic. "We better get on the train," He said, putting his arm around her shoulder in an almost protective way as they took their stuff and headed in to the train. They found an empty carriage and took a seat, settling in for the ride.

More children began to fill the each carriage, many of them First Years. Ash made his way through the overfilled ones, his snake container under his left arm, covered with a white cloak. Moving forward he observed children from all walks of life who turned out to be Wizards. He wondered if the general wizard population was on the rise, it made sense since the general human population itself also increased every year. Finally he approached a relatively hollow carriage, though he did expect it would fill soon. He saw there were only two students here, sitting in the same seats. One of them wasn't a First Year which meant he was probably quite used to all this, perhaps he could even give him some pointers if managed to talk to him correctly.

''Pardon me,'' asked Ash. ''Could I be allowed to sit here with you two?'' he asked.
Last edited by Islamic Republic e Jariri on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tomia
Post Marshal

New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:33 pm

Jacob smile at his girlfriend's comments. "Well your little sister is really sweet, just like her older sister. I hope your brother doesn't think I'm trying to steal you two. I wouldn't want to do anything like that." He nodded when she started talking about their classes. "Well we should find out soon. I wonder who the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher will be. I hear they had to get a new one. Muggle music would be cool, hopefully we'll be in as many classes together as possible." He watched as she put her head phones in and saw that she was listening to muggle music. Jacob was a half blood so he knew a lot of muggle music and culture. He put his arm around her and say with her as the train headed towards Hogwarts. He felt a little tired from the trip to the station and decided to sleep for a little while. He rested his head on his girlfriend's shoulder and closed his eyes. He hoped she wouldn't mind.

Holy Empire of Avalon
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Empire of Avalon » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:03 pm

James had what to most people would seem like a large empty cage, he had a cart full of items, the list was almost completed other than one item, but time allowed for what time allowed. He ran towards a column and hit it head on, his cart collided and rebounded off the wall. "Son of a- where is platform Nine and Three Quarters?" A train usher walked past, "Every year kids run into the columns, there is no nine and three quarters." The boy's hair a vibrant jet hue, his face flecked with freckles over the pale skin. Getting up James dusted off before speaking calmly to the empty cage.

Slowly and with a skip a girl came by whistling and singing. She saw James kicking the column angrily. "Something the matter?" James cocked his head around and did not see the one who had spoken. "Hello? Someone there?" He looked around still. "Down here." Looking down he saw the girl, she just barely measured up to his hip. "Oh my, are you lost little girl?" Crouching down the two were at head level. "No, I just noticed you are at that column, are you and your thestral there looking for the train?" James nodded his head, the girl pointed him towards the column behind the one he'd attempted. "That explains it, thanks." He prepared to walk off but the girl stopped him. "I can see your aura, you are a very dark person aren't you?" James shrugged and pulled his jacket close, he had a black leather jacket on, the same one he had warn in the storm that he flew through prior, it had a few cuts on the left side. "Guess so, your a wizard too I take it?" The girl removed her glasses revealing stunning green eyes, "But of course, my name is Astrid." She curtsied, Asrid had a pleasant grin on her face, she knew this was pushing the very antisocial boundaries of her acquaintance. "I am James, guess we better go through?" He went through the correct spot this time and was followed by her. "Wow..." James looked amazed at all that was around him. "First time in the wizarding world?" He nodded, "It is pretty beautiful, this is my first time back in awhile." She showed him how to stow his things and where to sit on the train.

Being lead into the cart she directed him to an empty section inhabited by only three others. "James, you alright?" Astrid noticed a slight shake to his hand. "Yeah, just fine." He sat back and awaited the train to take off. Noticing the others he hoped Astrid did not start a conversation and drag him into it. Leaning back he closed his eyes and was completely asleep in moments, the events of earlier that day still leaving him fatigued and tired beyond all belief.
Last edited by Holy Empire of Avalon on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Global War on Crime
______
Operation: VENGEFUL SPIRIT
|____|
Order of the Purple Cross
______
Al-Khalifiya Campaign
_|||_|||_
Arabic Spain Remembrance
______
Aravean Liberation
______