NATION

PASSWORD

4th Graders busted for selling pot in Colorado

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Draica
Senator

Founded: Feb 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

4th Graders busted for selling pot in Colorado

Postby Draica » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:45 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2 ... lling-pot/

DENVER – Two Colorado fourth graders were busted for selling marijuana at their elementary school, prompting officials today to urge adults to keep their weed locked away from kids.

School officials said a 10-year-old fourth grade boy brought a small quantity of leafy marijuana to Monfort Elementary School in Greeley, Colorado, on Monday.

“He sold it to three other fourth graders on the school playground, which resulted in a profit to the young man of $11,” John Gates, director of safety and security for the Greeley-Evans School District, told ABC News.

Here's my opinion: When you put stuff like this in circulation through wide legalization, children are bound to get it on purpose or accidentially. We've seen hundreds of pot-laced cookie cases in Colorado, most of the high schools report that kids in those schools are dropping out because they're ADDICTED to Marujiuana. While there may be an age limit, this stuff is in wide circulation. It is not good. I'm concerned because I do not want a drug addicted culture and higher high school dropout ratings like we are getting in Colorado.

This is concerning to me and my non-position(haven't made a full position yet) on recreational pot legalization has never been more shaken than it is now.

Appearently they got the pot from their GRANDPARENTS! That is irresponsible and more stuff like this will happen in the future.
Last edited by Draica on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Draica is a Federal Republic nation ran by conservatives and Libertarians! If you ever wanna rp a state visit, a war, a debate with one of my leaders or a conservative/libertarian philosopher, or just wanna tg me in general(I like TGs) drop me a TG!
Allies: Pantorrum, Korgenstin, Zebraltar, Kiribati-Tarawa, Democratic Sabha. Idoa, Allaena, Lledia.
Enemies: Arkania 5, any communist nation, Drakorvanyia.
Wars:

The Draican-Arkanian war: On-going

The Waldensian-Draican-Kiribati Cold War: Won. Dissolution of Communist Government in Waldensia

The Draican-Die erworbenen Namen war: Draica successfully defended, retaliation called off.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:47 pm

:Dies:
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Crimson Futures
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Crimson Futures » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Damn. Now those are some enterprising fourth graders. Don't jail them, offer them jobs.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Draica wrote:http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2014/04/colorado-fourth-graders-busted-for-selling-pot/

DENVER – Two Colorado fourth graders were busted for selling marijuana at their elementary school, prompting officials today to urge adults to keep their weed locked away from kids.

School officials said a 10-year-old fourth grade boy brought a small quantity of leafy marijuana to Monfort Elementary School in Greeley, Colorado, on Monday.

“He sold it to three other fourth graders on the school playground, which resulted in a profit to the young man of $11,” John Gates, director of safety and security for the Greeley-Evans School District, told ABC News.

Here's my opinion: When you put stuff like this in circulation through wide legalization, children are bound to get it on purpose or accidentially. We've seen hundreds of pot-laced cookie cases in Colorado, most of the high schools report that kids in those schools are dropping out because they're ADDICTED to Marujiuana. While there may be an age limit, this stuff is in wide circulation. It is not good. I'm concerned because I do not want a drug addicted culture and higher high school dropout ratings like we are getting in Colorado.

This is concerning to me and my non-position(haven't made a full position yet) on recreational pot legalization has never been more shaken than it is now.

Appearently they got the pot from their GRANDPARENTS! That is irresponsible and more stuff like this will happen in the future.

Leafy marijuana? You don't smoke the leaves.

And also, its already in wide circulation. Until I was in college it was easier for me to get weed than it was alcohol, simply because you didn't have to go through a buyer that was 21.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

Occupied Deutschland
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Occupied Deutschland » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Now that's what I call--
8)
Budding entrepeneurs.
YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I'm General Patton.
Even those who are gone are with us as we go on.

Been busy lately--not around much.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 pm

Yes, it absolutely must be outlawed because pot never got into the hands of kids before now.... No, wait a minute...
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Terra Sector Union
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Sector Union » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Ban Marijuana, but Colorado needs to stop promoting cannibis culture.
For so long, Mankind has been plagued by division. Division by culture, creed, skin color, religion and nationality. These very divisions have been the cause of most human conflicts. But in the age of globalism, we can finally have that chance to implement a world government where all human beings are seen as equals. Isn't that what everyone wants? World peace? I do. You should support that too. It may not end all conflicts, but the reductions of Man on Man violence will be at an all time low when the entire planet gets administered by one governing body.

Strobe Talbot. wrote:n the next century (now), nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority and realize national sovereignty wasn’t such a great deal after all.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Do you honestly think this wouldn't also happen in a society where pot is completely criminalized? Hell, in a society where pot is completely illegal, drug dealers would be flourishing, raking the cash in. Drug dealers like to target elementary school-high school for sales.
Last edited by Thafoo on Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anubas
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anubas » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:50 pm

pathetic. I was already selling heroine in 4th grade.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Anubas wrote:pathetic. I was already selling heroine in 4th grade.

You were selling female heroes in fourth grade?

Dyakovo
Post Kaiser

Founded: Nov 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Dyakovo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Threlizdun wrote:Yes, it absolutely must be outlawed because pot never got into the hands of kids before now.... No, wait a minute...

Ban children.
Don't take life so serious... It isn't permanent...
Freedom from religion is an integral part of Freedom of religion
Married to Koshka
USMC veteran MOS 0331/8152
Grave_n_Idle: Maybe that's why the bible is so anti-other-gods, the other gods do exist, but they diss on Jehovah all the time for his shitty work.
Ifreann: Odds are you're secretly a zebra with a very special keyboard.
Ostro: I think women need to be trained
Margno, Llamalandia, Tarsonis Survivors, Bachmann's America, Internationalist Bastard B'awwwww! You're mean!

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Serious street cred right there. Selling female heroes while in grade school is hardcore.
Go Vikings.

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Thafoo wrote:Do you honestly think this wouldn't also happen in a society where pot is completely criminalized? Hell, in a society where pot is completely illegal, drug dealers would be flourishing, raking the cash in. Drug dealers like to target elementary school-high school for sales.

Even China —a country that sentences drug dealers to death— has significant drug problems.
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

Serious street cred right there. Selling female heroes while in grade school is hardcore.

I beat you.

I beat you.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Thafoo wrote:

damn it ninja'd.
Go Vikings.

The Scientific States
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Scientific States » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

This has nothing to with the legalization in Colorado, stuff like this happens in every state, regardless of legalization. The only reason this story got widespread coverage is because the news outlets wanted to make it a political issue.
Centrist, Ordoliberal, Bisexual, Agnostic, Pro Social Market Economy, Pro Labour Union, Secular Humanist, Cautious Optimist, Pro LGBT, Pro Marijuana Legalization, Pro Humanitarian Intervention etc etc.
Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Liberal/Authoritarian: -6.62
Political Stuff I Wrote
Why Pinochet and Allende were both terrible
The UKIP: A Bad Choice for Britain
Why South Africa is in a sorry state, and how it can be fixed.
Massive List of My OOC Pros and Cons
Hey, Putin! Leave Ukraine Alone!

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Estado Paulista wrote:
Thafoo wrote:Do you honestly think this wouldn't also happen in a society where pot is completely criminalized? Hell, in a society where pot is completely illegal, drug dealers would be flourishing, raking the cash in. Drug dealers like to target elementary school-high school for sales.

Even China —a country that sentences drug dealers to death— has significant drug problems.

I'm sure they're profitable as hell in China. Corruption is rampant, as an added bonus for them.

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Thafoo wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

I beat you.

I beat you.

Bite me. :p
Go Vikings.

Estado Paulista
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Estado Paulista » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm

How much for Wonder Woman?
Your nation is like a son. What it does right is your merit, as well as what it does wrong is your fault. When you praise it, be lucid and avoid exaggeration. Praising it too much can make it indolent. On the other hand, when you criticize it, be harsh, but do not ridicule it. Do your best to improve it, not through derision or disdain, but through good examples and dedication.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Blazedtown wrote:
Thafoo wrote:I beat you.

I beat you.

Bite me. :p

You're not my type.

-The Unified Earth Governments-
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Unified Earth Governments- » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

Psshh

I was selling entire herds of Virgins to kids....the Muslims are still pissed...
FactbookHistoryColoniesEmbassy Program V.IIUNSC Navy (WIP)InfantryAmmo Mods
/// A.N.N. \\\
News - 10/27/2558: Deglassing of Reach is going smoother than expected. | First prototype laser rifle is beginning experimentation. | The Sangheili Civil War is officially over, Arbiter Thel'Vadam and his Swords of Sanghelios have successfully eliminated remaining Covenant cells on Sanghelios. | President Ruth Charet to hold press meeting within the hour on the end of the Sangheili Civil War. | The Citadel Council official introduces the Unggoy as a member of the Citadel.

The Most Important Issue Result - "Robosexual marriages are increasingly common."

Anubas
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Anubas » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Thafoo wrote:

yes, actually. more little girls need strong female role models and I needed cash, so why not sell female heroes?

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 pm

Anubas wrote:
Thafoo wrote:You were selling female heroes in fourth grade?

yes, actually. more little girls need strong female role models and I needed cash, so why not sell female heroes?

Strong role models are enslaved former heroes?
Go Vikings.

Terra Sector Union
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Sector Union » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Estado Paulista wrote:

Sadly, it' ends up being a people problem. Legal or illegal, no one seems to learn that you have to stay off these drugs. I'll never understand why people continue to commit crimes because of the American Prohibition of Alcohol in the early 20th century. Fucking Alcohol isn't good. You know people resort to crimes because they're nothing but pathetic addicts.
For so long, Mankind has been plagued by division. Division by culture, creed, skin color, religion and nationality. These very divisions have been the cause of most human conflicts. But in the age of globalism, we can finally have that chance to implement a world government where all human beings are seen as equals. Isn't that what everyone wants? World peace? I do. You should support that too. It may not end all conflicts, but the reductions of Man on Man violence will be at an all time low when the entire planet gets administered by one governing body.

Strobe Talbot. wrote:n the next century (now), nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority and realize national sovereignty wasn’t such a great deal after all.

Thafoo
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Thafoo » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Anubas wrote:
Thafoo wrote:You were selling female heroes in fourth grade?

...That was actually a pretty good response.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General