NATION

PASSWORD

Tropes For Your Nation

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
New Olwe
Minister

Founded: Aug 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Tropes For Your Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:52 am

Note: If this is in the wrong place, I'm perfectly fine with a mod towing it. Wasn't quite sure where to put it.

List the tropes that apply to your nation here, since they won't let us do individual-nation stuff on the TV Tropes NationStates page. Feel free to suggest tropes for other nations, as well.

Tropes for the Olwean Empire (Olwe, New Olwe, East Olwe, West Olwe, North Olwe and Area Sixty-Nine) are:

Absolute Cleavage: The ambassador to Free Garza, Isabelle Hayes, tends to heavily favor this as a fashion statement.
Ace Pilot: Naturally, any nation is going to have these. However, they're not going to be 2,100 years old like New Olwe's top ace, who naturally has over 10,000 career kills.
Action Girl: Probably 85% of my female RP characters.
Anything That Moves: The default setting for Olweans.
Asshole Victim: Basically the whole idea behind the justice system. You don't want to be a criminal in one of the Olwes.
Back From The Dead: Via time-travel.
Badass: Most of the military, and Emperor Jason Frost as well.
Berserk Button: Oppression of pagans/magic-users, gypsies, nonhumans or LGBTs; capitalism; anything that hurts the environment; Catholics; come to think of it, New Olwe is The Pesci.
Blood Knight: A military unit called The Blood Knights. Also, Aurora.
Bring My Brown Pants: As is also the case with D'Haran Mord-Sith, Olwean Mord-Sith put on red leather before going into battle.
Bunny Ears Lawyer: Commodore Virgilio has his moments.
Call A Rabbit A Smeerp: Area Sixty-Nine's national animal is the smeerp.
Chaotic Good: Of the "death penalty for smoking" variety.
Cold Blooded Torture: The Olwean Empire is technically on the side of good, but that doesn't mean we're not sadistic to the bad guys.
Crazy Cultural Comparison: The traditional method of greeting is a prolonged, extremely passionate French kiss. This is not changed based on gender.
Crazy Enough To Work: Many of New Olwe's tactics are straight out of the Wraith Squadron playbook.
Deadpan Snarker: Enrico Pasadore, the new Minister of Trade.
Eldritch Abomination: Area Sixty-Nine accidentally (or was it?) summoned one once. Since it's not been revealed what happened, what they were doing that caused this event, or how it was dealt with it constitutes a Noodle Incident.
Enemy Mine: Currently in one with Narodna Odbrana. And another with The Scandinvans.
Fanservice With A Smile: Olwean waitresses tend to dress very revealingly. If you order milk at an Olwean restaurant, the waitress will fill your glass from her own breast right there at the table. Milk is a very popular beverage in The Empire.
Fetish Fuel: A group of nations that has a race called Futanari, holds orgies every public holiday and embraces WAM culture is bound to have this as one of its primary natural resources. In fact, just recently it became known that New Olwe's most successful corporation is a sex-toy manufacturer.
Foreign Queasine: As mentioned above, when you order milk at a restaurant, You're Drinking Breastmilk. Also, giant squid. But the main squick factor seems to be the breastmilk.
Fun With Acronyms: SEX Industries, which is actually named after its founders and ironically has nothing to do with the sex industry.
God Mode Sue: Possibly Mandos, although that was intentional since he's named after a god and largely inspired by Dr. Manhattan.
Gorn: As close as the mods will let me get to it, anyway. My default writing style is "What would make Quentin Tarantino sick to his stomach?"
High Octane Nightmare Fuel: The Blood Knights, especially Morvanya the Axe Crazy Humanitarian Knife Nut. The Mord-Sith veer between this and High Octane Fetish Fuel.
Hot Blooded: Olweans are famous for letting their emotions control them. To the point where "I love you" is an acceptable thing to say as a polite way of stating "I enjoyed that sex we had just now very much".
Lighter And Softer: Lighter and softer version of Maryann from True Blood's religion.
Magnificent Bastard: What I try for with Edhelwe the Elf-Lord, and to a lesser extent Emperor Jason. Whether I'm successful or not, I'll leave up to the forum community.
Mix And Match: Elements of everything from basic sci-fi and fantasy to hentai anime have insinuated themselves into New Olwe.
My Girl Is A Slut: If you date an Olwean, you're going to have to put up with this. Monogamy is a huge no-no here, and even the women tend to take five or six lovers at a time (not in one sitting -- except on holidays or other special occasions -- but the dating periods overlap).
Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: That one time that Jason used magic to heal a high-ranking Korintari official, and as an unexpected side effect accidentally blinded her.
Nightmare Fetishist: It's been stated in no uncertain terms that Morvanya becomes aroused during her torture and cannibalism scenes.
Ninja Pirate Robot Zombie: Not necessarily those four things exactly, but I go by the "if it sounds awesome, throw it in" rule.
Noodle Implements: Area Sixty-Nine agents are trained in the art of using these.
Noodle Incident: Florica's eyepatch has never been explained... nobody has any idea how she lost that eye. Also, see the entry for Eldritch Abomination.
Not So Different: And fully aware of it. And likely to declare Eviler Than Thou on anyone who calls us out on it.
Only One Name: Florica, Maximillian, and Dave (although a talking, levitating piece of toast only really needs one name, since he's memorable enough already).
Pale Skinned Brunette: Aurora Frost is one, for the record. So is Morvanya. And Ambassador to Aljaharrah Alyssa Locke. This constitutes Author Appeal, since the player of these nations considers the Pale Skinned Brunette to be the embodiment of physical perfection.
A Party Also Known As An Orgy: Every public holiday. And whenever else we feel like it, too. For the record, since participation occurs on the national level (record orgy attendance: 10,300), these happen outdoors.
Really Gets Around: Pretty much everybody, but especially our leaders/diplomats. The Olweans make no distinction between diplomatic relations and sexual relations.
Roaring Rampage Of Revenge: Aurora the Ace Pilot and Florica the Gypsy Ninja are on one now to avenge the fallen national leader of New Olwe. Who is actually still alive (see Timey Wimey Ball, below).
Roma: The Olwean Empire has long been a champion of gypsy rights, and has a thriving Roma population. North Olwe is ruled by Roma.
Schizo Tech: New Olwe has highly advanced electric cars, an armed space station, space-capable fighters and bacta, but also prefers swords over guns, fields a mounted cavalry and seems much more interested in magic than technology.
Time Abyss: Medwyn the Librarian was 9,600 years old when he died. The next oldest living Planeswalker after that, Sakiko Kanazawa of East Olwe, is 5,782.
Timey Wimey Ball: Mandos Fiedor dragging Olwe into the present timeline from 1,500 years in the past certainly counts, especially since it was done to bring New Olwe's fallen national leader back to life.
Unusual Euphemism: "Fork", "Mafoogle", "Shibby", etc.
Xanatos Gambit: At least two are played out during the Nicksyllvanian invasion of New Olwe. One goes into Roulette territory. For the record, Olweans prefer to play Xanatos Speed Chess.
You Fail Economics Forever: In RL, I suck at business/economics. This tends to show through in my nations.
Last edited by New Olwe on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Magic-using nation here! I don't RP in MT.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata
Start an Embassy in New Olwe!

Maelstrom System
Secretary

Founded: Dec 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maelstrom System » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:32 am

Let me think...

Heroic Sociopath - describes a large portion of Starfleet.
One Of Us - everybody.
Our Zombies Are Different - the Zombie Fleet is Type P with a little V applied to spaceships. They are "animated" by a sophisticated AI that can "infect" other ships, and also obey their zombie masters (the Maelstrom Starfleet).
Wrench Wench - very common.
I am also Mirkana

Third Spanish States
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Third Spanish States » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:41 pm

Conspiracy Kitchen Sink: Go in search, type Invisible Network and in "search for author" Third Spanish States, see the results. Lets just say there are multiple clones of people, who were cloned while they were just fetuses, planned to end as important public influences for a certain cabal that forms a secret government, that is so secret that almost everybody see Third Spanish States as an anarchy, and some Black Projects too, and that among their far-fetched "LOL X-Files" stuff, they actually developed a way to "create" doppelgangers of people through advanced plastic and eye surgery techniques, and thus could murder an important figure and replace it with an operative that looks exactly like it. Except the process is risky, very expensive and of course, they cannot clone the personality of another person as well.

Memetic Mutation: Even their supposed Head of State, Cecily Lockhelm, or the clone of Cecily Lockhelm which might also be a clone of the original Cecily Lockhelm, is a meme, and their most popular TV Channel is called 4chan.tv, which admin is claimed to be Cecily Lockhelm.

A Lighter Shade of Grey: Third Spanish States, like any realistic civilization, can't be considered good or evil.

Utopia Justifies the Means: Pretty much the embodiment of this.

AntiHero: Most of my characters are like this
PMT Factbook.
Honoro Sacrificium e Libertas : The Mindset, Jaredcohenia, New-Lexington, Binaria, Varejao, Hogsweat, Franberry, ChevyRocks, Izistan, Ulanpataar, North-Point, The Mindset, Vault 10, Rosbaningrad, Sharfghotten, Tyrandis, South Sharfgotten, Jeuna, Satirius, Zukariaa, Midlauthia et New Nicksyllvania.
Izistan wrote:Third Spanish States is a well known far-right activist so his attempts at humor can only be expected.

Umbagar wrote:%*$#! I put a crack in my screen thanks to the awesome "place fist here" sign. >:(

Lhazastan wrote:if all you want to do is run around being the big badass of a community, not only are you pathetic, but you are a bad RPer

Saxon Germany wrote:[...]you're practically a professional troll, TSS.[...]

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Ancient Conspiracy: Praetor Empire... The Conclave... Blah Blah Blah.

The Omniscient Council of Vagueness: The Conclave, "Even when things aren't going according to plan, they're going according to plan."

Badass Army: The Praetorian Guard

We Have Reserves: The CMB, the more dumbed down Praetorian Guard.

General Ripper: General Alexis, most definitely.

Heroic Sociopath: General Clarke, he's still out there somewhere, killing Furries.

Badass General (if a trope exists): General Vought.

High Octane Nightmare Fuel: Conclave Assassins, "Innocence Proves Nothing."
There's a lot more, but I can't be really assed to find them.
Last edited by Allied Governments on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Numidia Magna
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Numidia Magna » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:54 pm

Is there a Punic communal bathing trope, with a heavy emphasis on promiscuous sexual orgies? If so, that would fit us to a T. Hedonists are us. :p

Zwangzug
Issues Editor

Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zwangzug » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:56 pm

The Casey Effect and The Power of Trust, combined thanks to one character who's spent far too long trying to make sure he does not become a Failure Knight but does anyway. So I guess he fails at failing to become a failure knight? That's a lot of fail.

Gregory Sherbert.
National baseball team announcer.

And...yeah.

Feel like there's probably more I haven't found yet. If I find them, I'll edit them in...below!

Thanks for finding this one, other people!
Not anymore, but for a while yeah.
Don't ask.
The national football team, at first. "So who's up for trekking around the uni--multiverse, possibly aging twelve times faster than everyone you know, to play a sport we don't understand for a country resistant to the whole nationalism thing?" They couldn't have been that sane.
Last edited by Zwangzug on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Factbook
IRC humor, (self-referential)
My issues
...using the lens of athletics to illustrate national culture, provide humor, interweave international affairs, and even incorporate mathematical theory...
WARNING: by construing meaning from this sequence of symbols, you have given implicit consent to the theory that words have noncircular semantic value and can be used to encode information about an external universe. Proceed with caution.

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Allied Governments wrote:Badass General (if a trope exists): General Vought.

It exists. It's called Four Star Badass.
I seem to have forgotten to post the part where my ambassador informs New Olwe's representative that we will help. I'll do that later, I hope. - Fortareata

Joyous Zeltros
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Joyous Zeltros » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:11 am

Anything That Moves - Veeeery uninhibited society.
The Hedonist - a planet full of them.
GreenPink-Skinned Space Babe - Zeltron women.
Love Is In The Air - Zeltron pheromones are strong stuff. And we can bottle them into a perfume!
Love Potion - One of the things we manufacture is a substance known as Elixir of Infatuation.
The Empath - All Zeltrons.
Alien Arts Are Appreciated - We do reeeeally good erotica here, and it brings loads of tourists.
High Class Call Girl - Zeltron cafarels, equivalent to courtesans, both male and female, are highly respected, and it's not uncommon to get cafarel training even if it won't be your job.
Even The Girls Want Her/Even The Guys Want Him - Zeltrons tend to get this reaction. And love it.
Everyone Is Bi - Or the vast majority, anyway.
Living Aphrodisiac - Yep, Zeltrons are this.
Really Gets Around - Just about everybody.
Pleasure Planet - Zeltros.
Heroes Want Redheads - Not only red hair, but red skin is common to Zeltrons.
Bizarre Alien Biology - Two livers, among other quirky traits... like the rapid metabolisms and pheromone production.
Big Eater - Rapid metabolisms mean you can eat plenty of sweet things... but also that you get hungry faster for more food.
Sweet Tooth - We like our sugary foods here, oh yes...
Fetish Fuel - Not this player's, personally, but this nation seems to have rich deposits of aforementioned fuel for others.
The Glomp - Citizens greet each other this way a lot.
Love You And Everybody - Passionately.
Bawdy Song - They're favourites here.
Power Perversion Potential - Actively aware of and used frequently.
A Party Also Known As An Orgy - Yeah... once the kids are off elsewhere, parties tend to move indoors.
Life Of The Party - *quotes sig* "One Zeltron is the life of the party; on Zeltros, life is the party!"
Coolest Club Ever - Plenty of places on Zeltros try for this. Many succeed.
Painted On Pants, Stripperiffic, Absolute Cleavage, Walking Shirtless Scene, Sensual Spandex, Bare Your Midriff, Vapor Wear - Standard clothing.
Real Men Wear Pink - Or dresses. Or skirts. Or frills.
Bishonen - Some of our guys.
The Beautiful People - Only more fun.
Royals Who Actually Do Something - Elected monarchy, the King and Queen look after the people, and can be voted out if they don't do it well enough.
Modest Royalty - Ironically enough, this. Their clothes usually cover a bit more, but they never go into the realms of absurdly over-fancy compared to their people. Modesty, it seems, is relative.
"One Zeltron is the life of the party; on Zeltros, life is the party!"
"A lot of people don't seem to understand us. There is no devious ulterior motive. We want you to be happy, because we're happier if you are."
Factbook, Embassy Thread & Your Citizen... on Zeltros
"All Zeltrons are obsessed with romance. When they cannot love, they fight. Both are sports to them. Coupled with their love of gambling, it makes one Zeltron in the grip of enthusiasm a formidable enemy. A pack of adolescents is virtually a force of nature." ―Lumiya
Joyous Zeltros: We Love Everybody. Passionately and in multiple positions.

Allbeama
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Allbeama » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:26 am

Dirty Communists: All Soviets. self explanatory as it applies to me. :p

Good Republic Evil Empire: Many dictatorships have no respect for human rights and dignity, most democracies do. At closer look they often might be Not So Different. Guess. :p

The Federation: Gives a way the other one like this I think.

Utopia: Many non-evil nations are the vision of the player of a perfect government.

You Fail Economics Forever: I wish I could a more successful nation here.

Fridge Logic: Once avowedly atheist and had an official state church. Simultaneously.
Last edited by Allbeama on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Agonarthis Terra, My Homeworld.
The Internet loves you. mah Factbook

Hope lies in the smouldering rubble of Empires.

Rejistania
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Rejistania » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:03 am

Many language-tropes of course: Con Lang, Funny Foreigner, Fun With Foreign Languages, Bilingual Bonus (you need to know rejistanian, of course), Translation Convention (more or less, occasionally, I do explain a rejistanian pun in footnotes), Eloquent In My Native Tongue (most of my characters have an awful accent in English), Esperanto The Universal Language (a few words of rejistanian were taken from esperanto words) and of course: Unusual Euphemism (if insulted "Mer'slani han-hi-len-ly ji k~hila~e selme" better take offense to the last one :geek: )

Political tropes: Banana Republic, Decided By One Vote, No Party Given (no parties existing, more likely), Obstructive Bureaucrat (the system often is convulted), The Revolution Will Not Be Vilified, Inherent In The System (the reason for the disvoting), Commie Land (Sumumusumu)
Last edited by Rejistania on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rejis sjiki, linux sjiki, alari sjiki, korona sjiki!
Forever united, forever free, forever in justice, forever prospering!

"Tekneluru mi'aru mi aji, il'sidekhir'ra mi, lajistas. Mi'ki'vasu kynha'het kijitax." Hank͜hila Sede, first lentine (translation: A dream is only a dream until it is reached. After that, it becomes something trivial)

Headlines from the Na~ovi Nanti: Hetkali election ended in no candidate over 2% hurdle - Syku I Jai fired as coach of Aetaila Seli, youth coach Hea I Juien takes over reins of club - Rising number of fairy penguins in Sumumusumu and neighboring islands

This person is pro-EU and proud of it! They are also a Eurofederalist and want the Federated States of Europe!

Otagia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Otagia » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:06 am

Deus Est Machina- While all the various ship consciousnesses fit here, QUETZAL goes above and beyond. Ships are smart enough to entertain themselves by simulating custom universes. QUETZAL runs off the combined brains of every single Otagian ship, the implants of eleven billion Otagian citizens, and hundreds of thousands of hyperpowerful computer cores scattered across the universe. Of course, there's a very distinct divergence from the trope: While QUETZAL is slavishly devoted to making the lives of each and every Citizen as comfortable as possible, it's quite happy to do so by, say, paving over that planet full of sentient teddy bears the next system over.

Mind Rape- The effectors that Avatars are equipped with are sensitive enough to manipulate brain chemistry and electrical activity. This means that not only can they read your thoughts, they can do all sorts of lovely things to them as well. The only thing that typically stops them is that it's horribly impolite. (see CultureVerse, notably the Grey Area)

Master Computer- Gleefully subverted with QUETZAL's (and, to a lesser extent, Otagian vessels) distributed computing network.

Nuke Em- Oh yeah. The Otagian equivalent of infantry carries half a gigaton in matter-to-energy explosives, and is just dying to use them.

Super Powered Robot Meter Maids- The most common Avatar in Otagia, typically used to communicate with those Citizens more comfortable in the flesh than virtual, is heinously overequipped. This is partially due to the fact that the things are former assault drones, and partially due to their power plant doubling as a multi-megaton nuke.

Pinball Projectile- Being hyperintelligent god machines who can simulate universes, it should come as no surprise that ship Avatars are really good shots. While they prefer their stupid powerful lasers (being physically incapable of missing has its advantages), they're often tempted to show off by killing half a dozen targets with a single gauss gun shell.

Utopia- Let's see: Citizens are physically merged with a godlike AI, a limitless font of knowledge available at a whim? Check. Effective immortality? Check. Nobody needs to work a day in their lives unless they want to? Check. Yeah, definitely guilty of this one.

Big Brother Is Watching- Of course, you're going to have to ignore the fact that those lovely implants that embed that godlike AI in your head let it borrow your senses, and turn off your motor functions if you're about to do something stupid.

Macross Missile Massacre- Otagian ships, being entirely unmanned, have done away with the massive bulk of life support systems, and, fittingly, have replaced them with ungodly amounts of weaponry. The favorite is the SCCAM torpedo, a 2-meter-long-1-tonne-singularity-propelled-matter-to-energy monstrosity which is usually launched in salvos numbering in the hundreds of thousands. From one ship. God forbid you're talking about a battle fleet, or one of the Pantheon.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:47 am

New Olwe wrote:Note: If this is in the wrong place, I'm perfectly fine with a mod towing it. Wasn't quite sure where to put it.

List the tropes that apply to your nation here, since they won't let us do individual-nation stuff on the TV Tropes NationStates page. Feel free to suggest tropes for other nations, as well.

Interesting... I'd only glanced at that site, once or twice, before this...

I haven't had time to go through the whole site yet (especially as when I tried to do so earlier today I kept getting sidetracked ;)), but looking at the tropes that you have listed here I'd say that [at least] the following ones apply for Bears Armed _

Action Girl: We have all-female Soccer teams, the main one of which has (with changes in personnel) qualified for five consecutive World Cups starting with their first attempt... Does that count?
Berserk Button: Any kind of corporeal 'Undead' beings, people wearing bear-skin clothes, quite possibly others varying from person to person.
Eldritch Abomination: There's reputedly one based in the 'Shunned Ruins', out in the area beyond our eastern border that we call the 'Hazardous Wastes', but so far we've only had to face its monstrous minions...
Fun With Acronyms: BAOC = Bears Armed Olympic Committee, BAAS (which became BAMAS) = Bears Armed (Mainland) Association for Soccer, NSA = Northlands SOccer Association, SWS = Special Woodlands Service, BASIC (only in a television show) = Bears Armed Security Intelligence Committee, and others...
Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Bears, even anthropomorphic ones, can be a bit clumsy sometimes.
Noodle Incident: Various details that I've mentioned in passing.
Roaring Rampage Of Revenge: Several historical incidents (not yet described in NS).
Roma: We have a few group[s] from an Ursine equivalent to these.
Unusual Euphemism: "Furless".

plus... Suicidal Overconfidence, Big Eater, Sweet Tooth, Bawdy Songs;

Oh, and here's one that nobody else has listed here yet: Mama Bear, of course. ;)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:55 am

Bears Armed wrote:Action Girl: We have all-female Soccer teams, the main one of which has (with changes in personnel) qualified for five consecutive World Cups starting with their first attempt... Does that count?

Hmm... usually, I think anyway, they're going more for action in a military/combat sense with that trope name... your soccer players sound pretty badass though, so I'd say they count. Especially if they double as a military unit like New Olwe's national Quidditch team.

Polish Worlds
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Polish Worlds » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:05 pm

Recycled IN SPACE!: Exactly What It Says On The Tin

Rule of Cool: It was an alternate history Poland that was winning World War Two until the first Alien War started, and was a key nation in stopping an alien invasion, and building an army of Tripods and Cavalry in Power Armor. Oh, and Supermarine Spitfires IN SPACE!

Retro Universe: Artificial Intelligences being commanded through typewriters, Supermarine Spitfires IN SPACE! and spaceship radar systems that are operated like the radar stations of the 1940s. Oh, and cavalry in power armor too, and jetpacks, of course.

Expy: Most characters are direct copypasta from historical figures that participated of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and of the Warsaw Uprising, of the Poland desperate and ultimately failed defense attempt during 1939 and of World War Two historical people and RL people as well. Most of their military leaders are veterans from WW2.

ET Gave Us Wi Fi: To the most ridiculous extreme possible. For example, practical laser weapons and military spaceships already existed in the late 1950s and the first FTL drive was developed in 1962, while the colonization of other planets began in 1963.

Tripod Terror: Pretty much the backbone of their army.

Crowning Moment of Awesome: As totally alternate history background, Polish Worlds miraculously managed to halt the German advance during the first months of World War Two*, as the Allies then landed through the Polish occupied East Prussian ports, turning the tide of war, but when they were about to reach Berlin...

Easily Thwarted Alien Invasion: Averted in part. The only "weakness" of the aliens was the fact the concept of reverse engineering was completely unknown by them, and they almost exterminated mankind.

Stupid Jetpack Hitler: Pretty much everything they pirated reverse-engineered from Germany.

Precursors: Polish Worlds got access to even more absurd amount of ET Gave Us Wi Fi through some mysterious benefactors that are supposedly represented by the shadowy organization known as the "New Paradigm".

*According to Hearts of Iron 2, this is possible.
Last edited by Polish Worlds on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Poland Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Supermarine Spitfires IN SPACE! Tripods included. Wikistates Article

Many years ago the great British explorer George Mallory, who was to die on Mount Everest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there." Well, space is there, and we're going to climb it, and the Moon and the planets are there, and new hopes for knowledge and peace are there. And, therefore, as we set sail we ask God's blessing on the most hazardous and dangerous and greatest adventure on which man has ever embarked.
- John Fitzgerald Kennedy, United States of Lyra, Ursa Major Treaty Organization, 1961

Goldsaver
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Goldsaver » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:44 pm

The Free Federation of the Golden Lands
Free Federation Q&A
Liberal Democracy; Militaristic; Federation; Feminist
"None Shall be Held in Chains"
"All May Find Shelter Behind Our Walls"
"No Evil Shall Survive Our Wrath"

New Olwe
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Olwe » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:29 pm

Joyous Zeltros wrote:Anything That Moves - Veeeery uninhibited society.
The Hedonist - a planet full of them.
GreenPink-Skinned Space Babe - Zeltron women.
Love Is In The Air - Zeltron pheromones are strong stuff. And we can bottle them into a perfume!
Love Potion - One of the things we manufacture is a substance known as Elixir of Infatuation.
The Empath - All Zeltrons.
Alien Arts Are Appreciated - We do reeeeally good erotica here, and it brings loads of tourists.
High Class Call Girl - Zeltron cafarels, equivalent to courtesans, both male and female, are highly respected, and it's not uncommon to get cafarel training even if it won't be your job.
Even The Girls Want Her/Even The Guys Want Him - Zeltrons tend to get this reaction. And love it.
Everyone Is Bi - Or the vast majority, anyway.
Living Aphrodisiac - Yep, Zeltrons are this.
Really Gets Around - Just about everybody.
Pleasure Planet - Zeltros.
Heroes Want Redheads - Not only red hair, but red skin is common to Zeltrons.
Bizarre Alien Biology - Two livers, among other quirky traits... like the rapid metabolisms and pheromone production.
Big Eater - Rapid metabolisms mean you can eat plenty of sweet things... but also that you get hungry faster for more food.
Sweet Tooth - We like our sugary foods here, oh yes...
Fetish Fuel - Not this player's, personally, but this nation seems to have rich deposits of aforementioned fuel for others.
The Glomp - Citizens greet each other this way a lot.
Love You And Everybody - Passionately.
Bawdy Song - They're favourites here.
Power Perversion Potential - Actively aware of and used frequently.
A Party Also Known As An Orgy - Yeah... once the kids are off elsewhere, parties tend to move indoors.
Life Of The Party - *quotes sig* "One Zeltron is the life of the party; on Zeltros, life is the party!"
Coolest Club Ever - Plenty of places on Zeltros try for this. Many succeed.
Painted On Pants, Stripperiffic, Absolute Cleavage, Walking Shirtless Scene, Sensual Spandex, Bare Your Midriff, Vapor Wear - Standard clothing.
Real Men Wear Pink - Or dresses. Or skirts. Or frills.
Bishonen - Some of our guys.
The Beautiful People - Only more fun.
Royals Who Actually Do Something - Elected monarchy, the King and Queen look after the people, and can be voted out if they don't do it well enough.
Modest Royalty - Ironically enough, this. Their clothes usually cover a bit more, but they never go into the realms of absurdly over-fancy compared to their people. Modesty, it seems, is relative.

You forgot some. :P

Good Feels Good: Possibly the most literal example ever. Since Zeltrons are empaths, by being nice to others they are also being nice to themselves.
Action Girl/Ace Pilot: Uniisa Trinz.
Stuff Blowing Up: If Milika's around, this will probably happen eventually.
Anyone Can Die:
Artem's
death was very unexpected.
The Dark Side: Speaking of that guy, apparently some of Force-sensitive Zeltrons aren't quite so squeaky-clean.

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

I have a few, I think. They're mainly related to the organisation Touchstone;

Took A Level In Badass - All Touchstone Sentinels are required to have this, and most Officers have Ph.D's in Badass
A Half Dozen Guys In A Basement/Oddly Small Organisation - Whilst not quite small, their underground facilities do have a basementy feel to them
Secret Identity - All Sentinels wear masks with built in voice changers, and all NCOs go by codenames too.
The World Is Not Ready - They spend much of their time covertly dealing with extra-terrestrial/extra-dimensional threats. This trope is why.
Trenchcoat Brigade - Most undercover Sentinels wear Trenchcoats, and most Officers wear them over their Mk. 19 combat suits. Most of them also have either mysterious or dark pasts, and are definetly magnificent bastards when they want to be.
Action Girl - All the female members of Touchstone qualify for this.
Elaborate Underground Base/Underwater Base - Yep, there are a fair few of these around.
Back From The Dead - Due to extensive genetic f**ktardery, none of the Sentinels can technically die.
Airborne Aircraft Carrier - Maybe. They certainly have Underwater Aircraft Carriers.
Eyepatch Of Power - Well, I always used this image for Merlin's most common appearance

There's probably more. I'll get round to them later.
Last edited by Ozymos on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

Fictions
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 19, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Fictions » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Honour Before Reason In Fictions honour is rated above life and people will often kill other or themselves to defend it.

Victory is Boring I allowed myself to get nuked becuase I thought it would be interesting and cool

Everybody Smokes Alot of the population are smokers.

Arranged Marriage This and polygamy

Bilingual Dialogue Will sometimes include random fictin in a post

Undying Loyalty Linked with honour, it is a great dishonour to betray a friend or ally. Manage to make friends with them and you have a friend for life, break that trust and you have made an enemy.

Police Brutality Very common

Grey and Grey Morality Good and evil are all down to opinion

Anyone Can Die I will kill any character if it will make the RP interesting

Death Equals Redemption Common view

My Country right or wrong The view of most people

Your terrorists are our freedom fighters I have been called a terrorist nation and often commit acts of terrorism against those I don't like

Church Militant Since the religious freedom act was passed many die hards have taken to attacking members of the newly legalized religions

The Fundamentalist The majority of my religious community

Conlang I made a language, Fictin.

Eloquent in my native tongue I love having my characters speak bad english
Last edited by Fictions on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Regency of Stars
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Regency of Stars » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Banned in China The Regency of Stars is very careful on not permitting certain types of material that they deem 'bad' from reaching the poor populace.
Bizarrchitecture Describes a few parts of the royal palace of the RoC, designed by a mad, yet brilliant architect

Subject to change...
Factbook
Fartsniffage wrote:
Ifreann wrote:If whales had laser eyes the Japanese would stop hunting them in short order.

No they wouldn't.

They would use the eyes in their giant robots.

The Eternal Kawaii
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby The Eternal Kawaii » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:05 pm

The Diaspora Church of the Eternal Kawaii is a Crapsaccharine World. At first glance, it's a society that worships Hello Kitty as a deity and values Japanese-style extreme cuteness as the highest moral ideal. On the other hand, it's also an insanely fanatic theocratic dictatorship that outlaws almost anything that isn't cute, and has a religious police (dressed like Japanese schoolgirls, of course) who have the authority to summon ninja to make un-cute people "disappear".
Learn More about The Eternal Kawaii from our Factbook!

"Aside from being illegal, it's not like Max Barry Day was that bad of a resolution." -- Glen Rhodes
"as a member of the GA elite, I don't have to take this" -- Vancouvia

Hodori
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hodori » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Hodori contains examples of the following tropes:

Kill it with Fire
How else does one explain the Hodori military's obsession with thermate-TH3 and napalm warheads?

Asskicking Equals Authority
In a sense; the easiest way to get promoted in the Hodori military is to survive an active duty combat tour every two years.

Kinetic Weapons are Just Better
As long as Hodori is still intact and the resources plenty, the military will always use kinetic weaponry, combined with fragmenting explosives or incendiary warheads.

There is No Kill Like Overkill
For when the Hodori military absolutely has to make sure. The artillery's version is effectively Macross Missile Massacre.

Macross Missile Massacre
Goes with No Kill Like Overkill; for when Hodoran artillery absolutely has to make sure.

Military Alphabet
The Hodori Military has its own, and since 2008 is starting to also use the NATO phonetic alphabet. Expect the two to converge at some point in the future.

Weapon of Mass Destruction
The aforementioned thermate and napalm warheads, and MOABs.

Nuclear Weapons Taboo
Hodori almost had nukes, but had them stolen by Hosuni during the 1994-2008 Hodori-Hosuni Civil War and almost got nuked in 2007. Also explains the incendiary WMDs.

Fast Roping
Done by the Hodori Infantry Marine Corps in addition to or in place of an amphibious assault. The regular Hodori Infantry uses it to quickly insert ahead of friendly armor or as a part of storming a building.

Urban Warfare
An entire branch of the Infantry specializes in this.

The Combat Pragmatist
Hodorans are not afraid to do anything to ensure victory, except directly killing civilians.

Last Stand
Done several times by Hodori during the latter half of the Hodori-Hosuni Civil War.

AKA 47
Extended to everything the Hodori military uses. Everything.

Girls with Guns
The Hodori military has a lot of them, with the average male:female population around 51:49

Imperial Stormtrooper Marksmanship Academy
Any Hodori military personnel who succumb to this haven't spent enough time in marksmanship training.This does not pertain to suppressive fire.

Shoot the Medic First
When attacked first or engaging in attrition warfare, Hodori does not view medics as noncombatants. Civilians, on the other hand, are not directly targeted by Hodoran soldiers.

Combat Medic
Every Hodori military infantryman is required to undergo basic medical training in the event the enemy tries to shoot Hodoran medics first.

Crazy Prepared
Hodori is prepared for everything up to and including a thermonuclear war with Hosuni.

Alternative Calendar
The Modern Hodoran calendar has 14 months with 25 days each, and an additional 15 days (or 16 on leap years). The Traditional Hodoran Calendar had 25 months of 25 days, for a calendar year of 625 days. Traditional Hodorans just didn't care about having a calendar year line up with a solar year.

Going Commando/Vapor Wear
It gets hot in Hodori. The heat index peaks at 54 degrees Celsius. Anything that can potentially trap heat is ususally not worn by sane people in Hodori.

Form-fitting Wardrobe
Averted. Typical Hodoran clothes are very loose-fitting.

Anything That Moves/Really Gets Around/Casanova
At first glance, this is what it may seem like, regardless of gender. It's part of the reason of the Hodoran population boom in 1980. Slowly declining with the influx of monogamous foreigners (who can tolerate the climate) into Hodori.

Mercy Kill
Euthanasia is legal in Hodori.

Burial at Sea
Hodori is spread across an archipelago. There are about 500 million people living in Hodori. It is crowded, and there isn't enough room for cemeteries. The other option after death is cremation.

Getting Crap Past the Radar
Actually, not that hard unless the crap is military secrets.

Wingdinglish/Cypher Language
Modern Hodoran is basically this, with an advantage of being a phonetic written language. Hodoran was this.

Con Lang
Hodoran is turning into this if it is not already.

Heat Wave
Every. Frakking. Day. It's almost surprising Hodori is even still populated at all.

City with no Name
A large amount of them.

Schizo Tech
Hodori only started becoming modernized in 1920, and only recently acquired automatic firearms in 1970. Oil was found to have actual practical uses when the internal combustion engine was brought to Hodori in the 1930s, and more oil rigs and refineries sprang up in the minor archipelago of Kihatsuyu-Gunto. Everything else outside the major cities, ports, airports, roadways, rail lines, and oil refineries still looks like it would if Hodori never modernized.

What the Hell, Heroes?
The Tedzoo Massacre in 1963.

The Revolution Will Not be Vilified
The Hodori Revolution from 1962-1964.

The Revolution Will Not be Civilized
The Hodori Revolution from 1962-1964 again. Somehow. Also the Hodori-Hosuni Civil War.

Nice Job Breaking it Heroes
Hodori's heavy use of incendiary weapons on Hosuni. It destroyed much of the environment, reducing many a rainforest to ash.
Last edited by Hodori on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
Motorsports
NSSCRA 2, WGPC 10

As Hodori Motorsports
HGTC/FH/HRC (Domestic)
NSCS 1 - 4
NSSCRA 3 - 5
WGPC 13, 14
Hosting: NSFC 1 NSFC 2

Other Events
NS X-Games I
Transnapastain wrote:I aim to be king meanie one day.
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Benomia wrote:
I will cut you, bitch.
<Trans|Work> ALL HAIL TRAINS, RIGHTFUL OWNER OF TF
<Trans|Work> Thats right
<Trans|Work> Trains
<Trans|Work> ....god damnit
<Trans|Work> #plottwit
<Trans|Work> Thats right
<Trans|Work> plottwit
Demonym: Hodoran
Trigramme: HDR
Timezone: AOTC+11
Lauren Ashburton wrote:Damn it, why is socialising so hard? What do I do? Aaargh!
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
I Took The Oath: UDL
All hail Cars!

More Frequently Active as Hodori Motorsports

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Action Girl - Every single female employed by my mercenary army (and most civilians).
Badass - The higher ranking corporate officers and most "freelance" mercenaries (meaning they're not officially part of my corporation's army).
Badasss Army - My mercenaries from Hell. D:<
Fetish Fuel - My national animal is the "foxgirl". Beyond this, I also have lots of catgirls (most of which are corporate board members or mercenaries) and a few lamia. (Like a naga, but can transform into a human).
High Octane Nightmare Fuel - See above. Also, what my mercenaries tend to do if they're not kept in check and/or get bored. (I once gassed an entire city populated by nothing but puppies, kittens and happy children.)
Magnificent Bastard - I intend to introduce a character (at least in part) based on Erwin Rommel.
Complete Monster - Most of my mercenaries and board members.
You Fail Economics Forever - That's right, this is a Mary Sue and I know jack about economics. :\
Foil - Alice Meyers husband, Douglas, who is kind, usually generous and shy in front of a crowd.
Anti-Villain - Sort of ties in with the above fellow. He's a nice guy, really, except everyone under him absolutely hates him because he is basically the public face of the corporation.
Cyanide Pill - All of my reconnaissance aircraft pilots (usually SR-71s), DE/AD members and freelancers are given some kind of suicide device, whether it's a small handgun, an explosive planted in their neck or an actual cyanide pill varies between person to person.
Dead Man Switch - A corporate copy of the Soviet Perimetr system, although upgraded to almost fully autonomous.
Urban Warfare - The primary specialisation of my mercenary army is fighting in built-up areas, mostly because they do it anyways since they act as both a military and policing force, but also because of the heavy urbanisation of the (NS) world.
Cold Sniper - Pretty much all snipers. Especially true for some of the more "hardcore" freelancers.
Officer and a Gentleman - A few of my higher ranking military officers are this.
Sociopathic Soldier - Ties in with the "complete monster" trope above.
Coca Pepsi Inc - Most corporations merged or were bought by L3 following the National Disarmament War. Those that weren't formed their own enclaves in the Midwest or joined one of the three other corporate power blocs in North America.
Divided States of America - Sort of. America got into a recession that it could hardly come out of, combined with massive political upheaval and a faltering military, the economic collapse basically destroyed the US and it's remains are now ruled over by corporations. A small area in what used to Georgia and Florida still call themselves the United States and claim to be it's successor state.
Law Enforcement Inc - L3 contracts it's own mercenary army, which doubles as a heavily armed police force in peacetime. During war, specialised brigades equipped with anti-riot gear and heavier-than-usual equipment are deployed to keep the peace.
Exty Years from Now - The year for my NS nation is 2029.
Fetish Fuel Future - Lots of catgirls, foxgirls, wolfgirls and a few lamia are employed by my corporation. D:
Kill Sat - I have a couple KKV satellites, mostly for intimidation value, and a FOBS system in place for emergencies.
Private Military Contractors - Duuuuh.
Evil Army - I believe I've gone over this. My guys are quite sadistic when it comes to killing. Think Allied Governments sadistic and throw in tear gas and BZ.
Common Ranks - Same as the United States Army (most of my mercenaries are former members of the USMC, USN, USAF and US Army).
Military Alphabet - Sorta. My army uses a variation of the NATO phonetic alphabet, mostly replacing the names with certain words with states. ("W" is "Wyoming", "M" is for "Michigan", etc.)
Sink the Life Boats - Hey, it happens. :\
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

Doomingsland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Doomingsland » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:27 pm

I'm already mentioned in the TV Tropes Nationstates page...

Station 12
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Station 12 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:42 am

There are many more, and I'll put them in later, but for now-

AI is a crapshoot - The Units of the other 11 stations were perfectly fine (well, except the one station where it never woke up..). But JOY unit went insane due to the hibernation system failing, meaning that it suffered years of traveling in deep space without even a head to move.

Crapsack World - three quarters of the population are insane or don't care about anyone else's survival. The last quarter is the people who can't do anything about it. (The only beacon of hope is REd's hacking ability) And that's just the humans.

Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism - So far down the Cynicism side it isn't even funny.

Paranoia Fuel - The Station-wide cameras that watch you at all times, plus the Enforcers, who just stand at the walls of the Station until someone breaks a law.

Stealth Pun/Incredibly Lame Pun - The highest rank of the "Hook" military force is "Captain".

Complete Monster - JOY unit. As well as most of the Hooks.

Blood Knight - Again, most of the Hooks.

No Name Given - REd. Justified since Citizens are assigned numbers instead of names.

High Octane Nightmare Fuel - I haven't noticed, but after writing the examples, I can see why some people think this.

Powered Armor - Hook Captains are given "fully powered" armor, which would kill them if it weren't for all those implants.

Fantastic Racism - "Xenocide"

But For Me It Was Tuesday - The only reason JOY unit knows who has been executed is because everything is on record. It doesn't actually care.

Evil Sounds Deep - Averted. JOY unit is described as sounding "childlike".

Creepy Monotone - Not averted.

Creepy Child - Well JOY unit sounds like a child at least.

Evil cannot comprehend Good - JOY unit just wants humanity to be happy. It just doesn't understand what happiness or humanity is.

Being tortured makes you evil - If being in deep space without any way of communicating or interacting with anything for many years is counted as torture, JOY unit counts.

Murder is the best solution - "There can't be any criminals if they're all dead."

Obliviously evil - JOY unit thinks that it's doing the right thing. To me, that makes it both pitiful and terrifying.

Red eyes take warning - The Enforcer's eyes turn red when JOY unit is angered.

Shoulders Of Doom - Averted. Neither the Enforcers nor the Hooks wear shoulder-pads at all.

Villains Never Lie - To be fair, JOY unit has only lied once or twice about what goes down in Station 12, and the rest of the time it's just wrong or delusional.

Conscription - People are chosen to become Hooks, though they can also Volunteer (volunteers are not given the same implants until they've proven themselves). It's worth mentioning that most Hooks enjoy themselves, since they get more freedom and the ability to cause needless cruelty to others without punishment. Plus, until a war actually starts, they get free supplies.

Artificial Human / Back from the Dead / Death is a Slap on the Wrist - It's very hard to get, but some Citizens (and any Hook above the rank of "initiate") have a cloning chamber, with the genetic data of the owner inside. It essentially allows them to carry on living after death (though the clone has to be updated, or it won't remember everything, and in certain situations your rights to a cloning chamber can be taken away.)

Personality Chip - The Units of each station has a personality and a personal opinion, but they're mainly designed as blank slates so that the opinion of the masses is what the Unit sees and ends up agreeing with. Of course, JOY unit had quite a long time in deep space with no company to figure out how it wanted to rule.

Mohs Scale Of Science Fiction Hardness - Depending on the issue. Combat technology seems to be on the soft side, while most other things are somewhere in the middle.

Faster Than Light Travel - Interestingly enough, averted. Space travel is completely impossible to whatever organization created the Stations, so every citizen is placed into stasis (that essentially kills them, prevents them from decomposing, then brings them to life again) before the Station leaves, it's actually in space for a very, very long time.

Dystopia - Can't believe I forgot this one.

Frickin laser beams - Every weapon build on the station fires lasers, though unlike most lasers in fiction, they actually hit the enemy (almost) instantly and are only visible for less than half a second.
Last edited by Station 12 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Welcome to Station 12, citizen. Have a HAPPY day.

Birnadia wrote:JOY unit is perfection. JOY unit cannot be questioned.

Verlorenen wrote:I might be a cold-hearted fascist, but honestly - Station 12, your posts scare the living hell out of me.

Manahakatouki wrote:I would but you scare the crap out of me....your nation anyway.....

New Caldaris wrote:LOL dude i rarely see your posts but when i do i am either laughing or terrified at the thought someone could even say something so sinister and evil.

Lockswania wrote:Station twelve, you scare me.

The Eurasican Union wrote:Station 12, My leader might be corrupt and evil on the inside, but if he was on your station, he'd jump into space as a form of suicide.

Goias
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 06, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Goias » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:05 am

Beige Prose - this is what I most often aim for. A quick glance through my posts shows that I'm sometimes way off...

Deadpan Snarking (can lapse into Lemony Narrator) - something else I like to use. I'm trying to get better at humour and it often helps keep my attention during long-ass walls of text.

Exty Years from Now - jumped ahead to 2012 'cos I was bored.

Did Not Do The Research

The Leeroy Jenkins - man, I used to do this egregiously. I still do it to a certain extent but I haven't gotten as horrific results yet.

I don't know what else for now. Action Girls? I have no idea. I am planning a country that will be based on Schizo Tech and Anachronism Stew though.
Just repeat to yourself, "it's just a show, I should really just relax"
Factbook -- Embassy program
98% of all internet users would cry if facebook would break down, if you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh then copy and paste this into your sig.
The Araucania wrote:all that pop singers are instruments of the state for make stupid people.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information