NATION

PASSWORD

Middle-Earth [IC|Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Middle-Earth [IC|Closed]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:40 pm

Middle-Earth, or Arda as some call it, is a fractious place. Many kingdoms and powers fight for dominance and their own spheres of influence in the vastness of the world, and among them walk many generals and heros, both good and evil. But good and evil is not as much of a semantic difference as it used to be; true evil wakes in the East, a dark shadow from elder days when Valar walked the marches of Arda. Sauron, the Great Enemy, is returned in strength, and puts forth his power as he did in the War of the Last Alliance to cover the land in Darkness. He had recovered that which he lost, the One Ring, and his power is waxing, though his long separation from it has weakened his ability to take a physical form and dominate the battlefield as he once did. Still, his plans are many, and his reach long indeed. Dark men and Orcs in their thousands march beneath his banner. From the teeming halls of Moria, to the mountain vales of Gondor, to the golden grasslands of Rhun, his soldiers execute long though out plans to bring the Dark Lord his dominion. From the deep smithies of Isengard, and the fells of the Ettenmoors, and the hot wastes of Khand and Harads legions march under his banner, in alliance with the Lord of the Earth to stamp out all the forces of the Free Peoples that would resist the triumph of the Great Eye.

Against him stands the waning might of the elves and those men who once called themselves Edain, and their allies. Rohan, Gondor, the Woodland Realm, Lothlorien, Rivendel, and the Grey Havens stand against the shadow, but their numbers are few, and their foes many. The dwarves sit in their halls of stone, their numbers declining, and the men are divided between those who crave the power of Sauron and those who wish for their own freedom.

The War of the Ring is begun.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:40 pm

Rhûnagaroth*, coast of the Sea of Rhûn, Rhûn
Khamûl sat patiently in his grand palace, a great symbol of the eternal kings power. He tapped his throne rapidly and idly with his metallic gauntlets, something which most of his advisers and servants found most irritating. He did not care, for he was the sovereign and not them. Rhûn's army was clearly a foreshadow of its former self, but this did not bother him. Rhûnic men were brave, fearless and more than a match for their Gondorian and Rohirrim counterparts due to their tenacious fighting ability and weapons of great strength and beauty.

As the day went by, Khamûl requested for the Great Hero of the Rhûnic people, the General Cacun, to be brought to the Palace for instructions and whilst this occurred he issued the order for 600 more Rhûnic Soldiers to be trained. As this went by, he grabbed ahold of his personal quill and began writing on some locally created paper.

To your most respected highness, Chieftain Mussad.
It has come to my most recent attention that, despite having the ring returned to his grasp, the Dark Lord Sauron has been awfully dormant for the past few months. We must not let the forces of the "Free People" use this to their advantage and we should make it a great priority of ours to ensure they do not attack the Dark Lord before his is prepared. I shall keep in touch with you shortly.
From, your friend and ally in these times of peril, Grand Khan Khamûl of the East.

(*This name will most likely change from time to time as I try to decide)
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Great Franconia and Verana
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:53 pm

With a hiss, Glorfindel's long, blade came free of the goblins body, the dark green creature falling to the ground in a heap. With a cringe of disgust, Glorfindel kicked the body, sending it skidding across the glade. Glorfindel had been simply riding through the wood, when the tribe had attacked him.
"Taught them a good lesson i think Asfaloth," Glorfindel said to his horse, as he wiped black blood from Laure. "Never attack one of the Eldar. Especially me."
As he mounted his horse, silver armour glittering in the sunlight, Glorfindel kicked Asfaloth forward. Like a bolt of lightning they shot forward, through the wood.

They had ridden from Rivendell some days before, riding across the open plains of Eregion and Dunland like the wind. Along the way Glorfindel stopped very little, only to refill his water supply, and pick healing herbs and spices. Glorfindel and Asfaloth had a mission, and they were not going to fail. Glorfindel rarely slept, the dreams that accompanied the void were often too much to bear. The smell of his own flesh burning, of his own back breaking....

Glorfindel shook the thought from his mind, silver hair streaming around his face. That was all in the past, he must focus now on his task, a task that would have far reaching implications in the East. It would be no long time before he passed through the Gap of Rohan, thanks in part to the swiftness of his steed. He hoped he would not be too late.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Moria. Durin's own halls once rang with the sounds of picks chipping away at the hard stone of the misty mountains, the slow crackling of wood-burning furnaces and the ever-present clinking and clanking of mine carts. The sounds of the Dwarves had vanished hundreds of years ago, replaced by the guttural shouts and bellows of first Goblins, then Orcs, and finally Moria's newest occupants; the Uruk-Hai.

Mors himself had established his 'throne room', if a room filled with a mix of corpses, weapons and a single great fire pit running down the middle with the ruin of Moria's throne at one end could be called a throne room. Mors grunted angrily as a pair of Goblins dumped yet another Dwarven axe at his feet, which one of his fellow Uruks picked up, gave a few test swings, and grunting with approval, sheathed the cruel-looking curved sword into his belt. The Goblins had been scavenging through Moria for weeks, and still they'd failed to map the city in it's entirety, and still they were salvaging Dwarf weapons abandoned by expeditions into Moria. This was his realm, below the surface, and it would remain his realm until he died.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:07 pm

Chief's Halls, Hyarmen, Harad

The Halls of Chief Mussad were full of laughter and song. The large wooden table in the center of the hall was full of food and drink. Roasted boar and duck were the main courses, with sides of fresh fruits and vegetables. The tribesmen drank wine, ale, and mead to wash down their delicious food. At the head of this long table sat Mussad and his highest ranking wife. Mussad was a tall man with broad shoulders and light brown hair. His green eyes were flecked with gold, just like his father. He was muscled like an ox and was known to be cruel and cunning. Yet his cruelty was the reason the other chiefs bowed to him. He was the strongest and by far the wisest. He had a taste for warfare and financial matters, and Harad was very prosperous. However despite being the strongest chief, he still had to play politics with them. Many were ass kissers and money grubbers, who would wait until Mussad died and then seize his position. Many chiefs assumed Mussad's son, Haarith was weak, as the High Chief forbade the lesser chiefs to see him. This rumour was not specifically true. Haarith was a strong young lad with the strength and personality of his father. But Mussad relied on the rumours of his son to make the other chiefs think his succession was a weak one. The Tribal Politics of Harad were very troublesome, yet for the past 15 years, the now 36 year old chief had done a splendid job keeping Harad strong and unified. And with the peace in Middle Earth beginning to fracture, all of Harad's strength would be needed. But Mussad was confident. His frugal policies had kept the treasury balanced. Mussad and his council would now prepare for the inevitable war.

The feast continued on for some hours before the chiefs retired to their rooms. The servants cleaned the hall and brought out maps, letters, and other things relevant to the coming Council meeting. Mussad had summoned his trusted advisers and together they would meet to discuss the coming war for Middle Earth. Mussad was the first in the room, with his two Blood Guards. After him was Qusay, Master of the Realm, the right hand man of the High Chief. After him was the Master of Laws, Yaman, and finally the last three entered. Dirar, Master of Coin, Salah, Master of the Hosts, and finally Lady Nesha, Master of Court. "Greetings High Chief. I believe we are all here. Shall we begin?" Nesha bowed. The rest of the council bowed with her. Mussad nodded and they all sat down. "So, tell me, what news have you all brought to me?" Mussad often began with asking the state of Harad. Qusay answered first.
"I have good and bad news my lord. The good news is the realm is peaceful besides seldom bandit attacks. Trade is following from Rhun and the east and I have it on good word that Gondor is weak. Now the bad news. The harvests in Harondor were not good. Drought has ruined many good crops and we will most likely find ourselves short of food. Bad for war as we all know." Salah was about to say something but Dirar interrupted, "Short of Food? And here we just had a massive feast. Well I suppose nothing we can do now. Shall I prepare the money to buy extra grain and dried meats from Rhun?"
Mussad answered, his voice deep and booming, "Yes, and I also believe we should prepare funds for repaving the roads with gravel and improving the ship wrights in Umbar. We will have need of fine ships for the coming war. In the meantime," he turned to Salah, "I want you to assemble 2000 tribesmen. Ensure they arrive in Harondor as soon as possible. I also want you to begin recruiting more troops. Send word to the Master of Ships in Umbar that I want 6 new vessels constructed. I will send him money within the week. I then want 300 more Haradrim to be trained and sent here for armament." Salah said nothing. He finished writing down the orders and then walked to his quarters. After some more talking on minor issues, such as the expansion of the Chief's Halls, and the building of a new stable for Mumakil, Yaman pulled a letter from his sleeve.
"One final thing before this council ends. A letter from Rhun. Khan Khamûl is stressing that we should make defending Sauron our greatest priority. What shall be our response?" Mussad and Qusay gave him their answer. Qusay drafted the letter and then sent it to the Messenger's Post to be sent to the Khan of Rhun. With this final issue dealt with, the council meeting ended and they all retired to their quarters. Everyone would need lots of sleep, for tomorrow would be a busy day...

Dear Khan Khamûl of Rhun. Despite of our hatred for the Free Peoples, my Chief would like to establish that Harad and it's tribes are neutral to both Mordor and Rhun. We would great you friendly, as both our nations have common enemies, but Mussad would not want to put Harad at risk of war so soon. We will keep vigil and will intervene should the Gondorians step to close to Harad and even Mordor, but any other conflicts we will not join, until Sauron sends for an alliance. We will keep in touch as the High Chief commands its. Sincerely Qusay, Emir of Amrun and Master of of the Realm.
Last edited by Valentir on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Equalsun Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Equalsun Empire » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Hall of the King, Belegost, Ered Luin

Narvi sat at his desk, Eldenor and Veris clustered around him. Before him was spread the financial, military, and governmental reports of his nation, some of which had knives through them. The military reports had given them some startling information; at their current standing, only 300 dwarves were finishing their training per week. Eldenor had requested that an additional barracks be built in the city to hopefully increase the speed of the training. The next two hours had been spent pouring over the logistics to try and make it possible, and it was in this time the majority of the knives found themselves in reports and tables. Finally they had gotten to the governmental reports, where Narvi almost had a heart attack. They were not allies with anyone! Requesting a pen and paper, Narvi immediately sought to remedy this fact while Eldenor and Veris went to make sure the barracks were built.

To Durin, Lord of Erebor

Well met, my cousin. It has come to my attention from the whispers of the land that dark things are afoot. Rumors stalk the land that the Shadow has returned. Mirkwood once again festers in it's own poison, and the Misty Mountains crawl with goblins. Therefore, I propose we enter an alliance, an alliance of the Dwarves. United, we stand a chance against this evil, no matter what may come.

Sincerely,

Narvi of Nain, Lord of Ered Luin

Building of Barracks started
Training of 300 Dwarven Soldiers started
Alliance proposal sent to Erebor
Spies sent into ? and ? (will update when map appears)
Last edited by Equalsun Empire on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Animal of Castle Crashers

Quick link to my horrifically messy factbook.
Awarded the Honourable Epicness Award for Persuasive Nuclear Weapon Placement 2015

Dogs of War wrote:While the motto of the British SAS is "Who dares wins" the motto of Equalsun's SAS is "Who cares who wins?"

The Great and Kawaii™ Ella wrote:As much as I love Stellaris, video games are a magnet for powerwankers, and when the AI beats them too hard, they come over to II and P2TM and take their anger out on us.

So I got into am currently in a name-calling contest in a flag rating thread...

Student, Canadian, ENFP

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:29 pm

~Mordor, Sauron~

Sauron closed and opened his hand as he looked out at the horribly decrepit landscape that surrounded his tower, Sauron found it refreshing. There was much to do and little time to do it so Sauron turned and beckoned in one of his servants. "Begin training 10,000 Uruk Hai and when that is completed begin training 20,000 further orcs. It is time for my great hordes to roam the land again." With a grin Sauron turned and strode back to a window to peer out at his massive army.

It was a spectacle to behold, ten thousand orcs milled about while they waited for Sauron to give out commands. It was time for them to be on the move and march on the lands of men. Sauron sent word for 2,000 Morannon orcs and 500 Uruk Hai to be sent out towards the Anduin to harass the lands of men and try to goad the men of Gondor into coming out to meet Sauron's forces.

Sauron meanwhile would travel himself to Minas Morgul and wait there with a further 5,000 Morannon orcs and a dozen trolls. If an army of man comes forth to meet him Sauron would smash it to pieces and kill and survivors.

But first word was sent to Harad to inform their chieftain that Sauron requested they assault the southron borders of Gondor in a bid to split their forces. If all went well then Sauron would march into Minis Tirith himself and sit the throne of Gondor while the stupid oaf of a ruler watched. Then he would kill the man and send his body to the northern lands of men as a testament to his power. Soon the forces of good would fall.
Last edited by Elerian on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black Marshes
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marshes » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:23 am

Cacan had been training his troops for some time now, and they were at the stage where he would duel with each of them. Every one of them was a superb fighter, but they were no match for Cacan's prowess and experience. He defeated them with impossible skill and speed, leaving them all in awe. They would watch his technique, and then practice it themselves, learning the ways of Rhunic combat in a more practical manner. Suddenly a messenger arrived, bearing news that the great Khamul wished to speak with his greatest servant, Cacan, and so he departed immediately, riding to the capital.

OOC: I have spelt my name as Cacan as in my app I had mis-spelt it
Last edited by Black Marshes on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
You may call me 'Black Marshes', 'Marshes', 'BM', or my spirit name- Muhammed ibn Yunus ibn Al-Aziz al Mizr :)

I believe Pluto is a planet- "Is a 'midget' not a person?" My opinion is supported by the Shropshire Head of Maths.
Global Warming and the Oil Crisis are myths- excuses to raise fuel prices and save raw materials.

Costa Rica vs South Korea for the World Cup Final!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:31 am

Under the light of the stars, Asfaloth dashed across the small stream that weaved through the vast plains. Glorfindel's very essence drove evil away, and his soft singing brought a sense of wonder to any mortal within ear shot. Even as he raced across the plains of Rohan, Glorfindel so felt nary cold, nor tired, nor bored. His mission consumed his mind, and as the stars wheeled over head, he quietly sang songs, ancient, with words that rang with power. The ancient songs of the elves.

Glorfindel stopped only once, resting Asfaloth, and allowing his mighty steed to regain his strength. Even for an elf horse, Asfaloth was swift, but even the mounts of the firstborn grow weary. Yet, with the coming of the dawn and the new light, the pair were off again, like a silver arrow, speeding across the plains.

Limborg
Senator

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:33 am

Erebor

Dôrin walked around in his realm, for years it had remained peacefull. While rumors about the east spread around Dôrin could not care. The dwarven realms had desided to remain neutral a long time ago, and Dôrin was not going to change that. However he did had his own ambitions, for the sake of the dwarves he wanted Gundabad and Khazad-Dûm restored under the rule of dwarves. For years he had been saying this to all people he met, so it was not a secret, but most did not take him to serious. Over the years he spreaded the word, but action never came.
But that was something he was going to change soon. Dôrin was not going to spend the rest of his life in Erebor while Khazad-Dûm and Gundabad would be ruined by orcish scum. "The time for dwarves has come, the time of orcs has ended", These where the words Dôrin said to his people after a meeting was held with the Army commanders. The people of Erebor now knew that it was going to happen, and while they supported the plan they where nervous. Dôrin's first goal was to increase the military. He only had a good 2500 men at his side, that needed to increase. Quickly the orders flew around, the military barracks would be expanded and the search had started for 600 new dwarven recruits. When he finally sat down at his throne a Messenger arrived from the lands of Ered Luin.

Adressed to: Narvi of Nain

My dearest friend, we also heard those rumors and while we do not fear any of what's coming we agree to your offer. Dwarves should be united as Always. I also seek your support in more relevant matters. For to long these orcs have ruined the sacred grounds of Gundabad, for to long orcs have held foot in Khazad-Dûm. Erebor has declared the end of those times. We will soon march to war against this scum and we will reclaim what is rightfully ours! With this i ask for your support. With that i will write you again when we are prepared to send the troops.

Signed by,
Dôrin, Lord of Erebor, King of the Iron Hills, King of Durin's folk and King under the mountain

600 dwarves being trained.
barracks being extended.
Last edited by Limborg on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:44 am

Great Franconia and Verana wrote:With a hiss, Glorfindel's long, blade came free of the goblins body, the dark green creature falling to the ground in a heap. With a cringe of disgust, Glorfindel kicked the body, sending it skidding across the glade. Glorfindel had been simply riding through the wood, when the tribe had attacked him.
"Taught them a good lesson i think Asfaloth," Glorfindel said to his horse, as he wiped black blood from Laure. "Never attack one of the Eldar. Especially me."
As he mounted his horse, silver armour glittering in the sunlight, Glorfindel kicked Asfaloth forward. Like a bolt of lightning they shot forward, through the wood.

They had ridden from Rivendell some days before, riding across the open plains of Eregion and Dunland like the wind. Along the way Glorfindel stopped very little, only to refill his water supply, and pick healing herbs and spices. Glorfindel and Asfaloth had a mission, and they were not going to fail. Glorfindel rarely slept, the dreams that accompanied the void were often too much to bear. The smell of his own flesh burning, of his own back breaking....

Glorfindel shook the thought from his mind, silver hair streaming around his face. That was all in the past, he must focus now on his task, a task that would have far reaching implications in the East. It would be no long time before he passed through the Gap of Rohan, thanks in part to the swiftness of his steed. He hoped he would not be too late.

Elrond paced in his study in the Last Homely House in Rivendell. The twilight was upon them. There could be no doubt: the Dark Lord had arisen again, and the One rested on his finger. Most of the other Rings of Power were lost. Elrond was not in possession of Vilya, the Ring of Air. The Elves would resist Sauron as the had in the day of the Last Alliance, and as they had resisted Morgoth before that, but it looked very much like they were fighting a battle they could not hope to win. Perhaps if Sauron's strength were not fully recovered from his long separation from the Ring, it would buy them time. He thought also of Glorfindel, and hoped that the mission Elrond had sent him on would prove fruitful.

He called his sons, Elladan and Elrohir to him.
"My sons," he said "Our times grow dark. I fear that a need for action will soon be upon us. I wish for you to bolster our defenses here. You must recruit 500 archers from our people."

"Yes, father." they said.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:28 am

Black Marshes wrote:Cacan had been training his troops for some time now, and they were at the stage where he would duel with each of them. Every one of them was a superb fighter, but they were no match for Cacan's prowess and experience. He defeated them with impossible skill and speed, leaving them all in awe. They would watch his technique, and then practice it themselves, learning the ways of Rhunic combat in a more practical manner. Suddenly a messenger arrived, bearing news that the great Khamul wished to speak with his greatest servant, Cacan, and so he departed immediately, riding to the capital.

Rhûnagaroth, Coast of the Sea of Rhûn, Rhûn
As Cacan entered the grand palace, he was greeted by many servants, offering food, drink and the finest women. Khamûl beckoned him to come, telling him with hand gestures to ignore these commodities for now. As Cacan drew close, he spoke to him. "General" Khamûl started "You are to take a portion of our forces, 1000 Clan Soldiers, 500 Rhûnic Soldiers and 300 Light Cavalry. With this force, you shall take the region of Dorwinion for our cause and construct a fortress in the region to secure our position. Once this is complete, I wish for you to construct buildings that will allow us to recruit forces from the region. You may leave when you wish General, and let the Dark Lord watch over your journey."
Once he was done with his instructions, he began to write some letters.

To the ruling body of Moria.
From the most excellent, servant of the Dark Lord, Grand Khan Khamûl.
I wish to inform you, that the Khanate of Rhun wishes to form an alliance with your new Kingdom, Principality, Duchy, or whatever.
We hope you will take our offer into great consideration, as the true Free People of Middle Earth must stand together.

To the ruling body of Mirkwood
From the most excellent, servant of the Dark Lord, Grand Khan Khamûl
I wish to inform you, inhabitants of the Mirkwood Forest, that the Khanate of Rhûn is wishing to become allies with your nation.
If you accept, it will be a great beginning for our two peoples.

Once that was done, Khamûl ordered for the construction of a new recruitment outpost (That increases recruitment, right?) in the northern areas of Rhûn, away from the capital.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 am

Today in Middle-Earth

The Battle of the Fords of the Isen

Rohan narrowly defeats a force of Uruks from Isengard.

Théodred had heard of a troop-gathering in Isengard, and wanted to defeat Saruman's army before it was fully gathered. He left three companies of cavalry on the eastern shore whilst he himself took eight companies and a company of bowmen to meet Saruman's troops. But Saruman had already gathered all his troops and sent them south, where they dug in and expected Théodred and his army. Éomer defeated a troop of Uruks about 20 miles north of the Fords and went on to attack the main army, not knowing that they were expecting him. He ran into them, and wanted to retreat, but fresh troops from Isengard had fallen into his western flank. The companies following Théodred's arrived soon and defeated the enemies in Théodred's back. But as he looked across the river, he saw another army of Isengard marching south to the Fords. Théodred immediately ordered the retreat to the Fords, but they were followed by the Uruks. Grimbold took command over the troops on the western shore, and Théodred took the little hill in the middle of the river to safely guard Grimbold if he had to retreat. But Isengard’s eastern army had now found the Rohirrim on the eastern shore and attacked with Wargs, followed by two battalions of Uruks. The unprepared troops on the eastern shore were swiftly destroyed, and Théodred's retreating armies, who were on the eastern shore, fled south along the Isen, being chased by the Uruk-hai all the while. As the Uruks had control over the eastern shore, they sent a troop of Dunlendings armed with axes to attack the little hill Théodred was holding. At the same time, Grimbold was attacked on the western shore. The Dunlendings had surrounded the hill and were closing in on Théodred and his men, who cried for help. Grimbold heard this and took a small company of Rohirrim around him to aid Théodred. He hewed a path through the axe-men and reached Théodred a second too late, as he was struck by a big Orc. Grimbold killed the Orc and thought Théodred was dead; and if it not were for Elfhelm, he himself would have died that very moment. Elfhelm had come from Edoras and led four companies of cavalry into the battle to reinforce the beleaguered Rohirrim. Isengard's forces were surprised by this new army coming from the east as the Sun rose over the horizon. In the blinding sunlight, the Uruk-hai thought that Elfhelm brought a far larger army than he actually did, and many fled from the field—the deserters were pursued by two companies of Rohirrim, while those that stood their stand were all killed. Elfhelm had ordered the other two companies to guard the eastern shore and took his own guard to charge the hill where Grimbold was fighting. The Dunlendings were being attacked from both sides and were soon killed. The Rohirrim still held both shores, and Elfhelm charged up the hill to where Grimbold was fighting for Théodred's wounded body. Elfhelm rescued Grimbold, and they bent over Théodred to hear his last words: "Let me lie here to protect the Fords, until Eomer arrives". He died soon after speaking those words. As night fell, the Uruks at the western shore retreated. The next morning Théodred’s troops that were chased south by the initial Uruk-hai force arrived, telling the surviving Rohirrim that the Uruks had fled the battlefield, like at the western shore of the Fords.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Black Marshes
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Black Marshes » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Black Marshes wrote:Cacan had been training his troops for some time now, and they were at the stage where he would duel with each of them. Every one of them was a superb fighter, but they were no match for Cacan's prowess and experience. He defeated them with impossible skill and speed, leaving them all in awe. They would watch his technique, and then practice it themselves, learning the ways of Rhunic combat in a more practical manner. Suddenly a messenger arrived, bearing news that the great Khamul wished to speak with his greatest servant, Cacan, and so he departed immediately, riding to the capital.

As Cacan entered the grand palace, he was greeted by many servants, offering food, drink and the finest women. Khamûl beckoned him to come, telling him with hand gestures to ignore these commodities for now. As Cacan drew close, he spoke to him. "General" Khamûl started "You are to take a portion of our forces, 1000 Clan Soldiers, 500 Rhûnic Soldiers and 300 Light Cavalry. With this force, you shall take the region of Dorwinion for our cause and construct a fortress in the region to secure our position. Once this is complete, I wish for you to construct buildings that will allow us to recruit forces from the region. You may leave when you wish General, and let the Dark Lord watch over your journey."
Once he was done with his instructions, he began to write some letters.

To the ruling body of Moria.
From the most excellent, servant of the Dark Lord, Grand Khan Khamûl.
I wish to inform you, that the Khanate of Rhun wishes to form an alliance with your new Kingdom, Principality, Duchy, or whatever.
We hope you will take our offer into great consideration, as the true Free People of Middle Earth must stand together.

I wish to inform you, inhabitants of the Mirkwood Forest, that the Khanate of Rhûn is wishing to become allies with your nation.

Once that was done, Khamûl ordered for the construction of a new recruitment outpost (That increases recruitment, right?) in the northern areas of Rhûn, away from the capital.

"Yes, great Khamul," replied Cacan-and that was all he said.
He walked out of the hall and into the courtyard, finding the forces he was to take with him. He mounted his horse, and looked out over his men.
"Men of Rhun! Today we march on the farmlands of Dorwinion to the north-west. The great Khamul wishes for these lands to become a Rhunic fortress, defending our great capital and our homes. Now we shall march to these lands and take them, followed by the construction of defences. Doing this will be easy, but we need to be wary of the Dalish and Dwarves to the north of this land, who may attack us at any time. But now we march, and we march strong!"
The men cheered, and they began their columned march out of the city. This mission would be the first first for many of the clanmen, and Cacan planned to train them through experience, hoping for Dalish or Dwarven intervention. He commanded his riders to rush ahead and scout the fields of Dorwinion, in the hopes that there was an obvious chokepoint to build the fortress. This was the start of a new age for the men of Rhun.
You may call me 'Black Marshes', 'Marshes', 'BM', or my spirit name- Muhammed ibn Yunus ibn Al-Aziz al Mizr :)

I believe Pluto is a planet- "Is a 'midget' not a person?" My opinion is supported by the Shropshire Head of Maths.
Global Warming and the Oil Crisis are myths- excuses to raise fuel prices and save raw materials.

Costa Rica vs South Korea for the World Cup Final!

Valentir
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 23, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentir » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:45 pm

Chief's Halls, Hyarmen, Harad

Chief Mussad and Qusay stood on the balcony of the Chief's Tower. From this, the highest point in Hyarmen, they could oversee the construction of buildings, the training of troops, and the bustle of the market district. They many things from the balcony. They could see patrons entering the Silver Snake Inn, they could hear the pounding of hammer on metal as the blacksmiths forged weapons for the troops and repaired tools for the townsfolk. Caravans carrying goods from all around Harad and distant lands entered the main gate and the Market District was bustling with trade and conversation. "This city is far more glorious than it was in the day's of my father. I hope that after this war we can expand to the lake and take in more people," Mussad said in a quiet and calm voice. He was cruel indeed, but only to his enemies and those who threatened Harad. However he loved his homeland and his people, and would do anything to defend them.
"My lord, in time we will be able to make Harad one of the greatest nations in Middle Earth, but we must focus on preparations. We need to rebuild the fleet, expand the hosts, and ensure the people will be able to get by during he war." Mussad nodded in agreement. He poured two glasses of wine, and both made a toast to their coming victory. The two sat down and began to go over plans for building new siege works, ship wrights, and barracks. They also discussed troop movements and tactics. Late the other night, Mussad had sent 2000 Harad Tribesmen to Harondor, and now another 1000 were on their way as well. The border with Gondor had to be guarded. They were not at war yet, but that could soon be changed.

"I hope you will agree with me when I tell you I plan to pledge allegiance to Sauron."
"So soon my lord? And without a price?" Mussad stared at him with his deep green eyes. Qusay knew the Chief all too well to know that he would not bow to Sauron without a price, a very expensive price. Mussad told him his terms, and had Qusay draft a letter to Sauron. Siding with Sauron had it's benefits, and it's curses, but Mussad would go through with it nonetheless. Harad would march with Sauron on Gondor and he free peoples.

Dear Sauron the Great, Lord of Barad-Dur, Master of Mordor, and Overlord of Middle Earth, My Master, High Chief Mussad of Harad, would like to swear fealty to Mordor, for a price. Mussad demands 5 Chests of Gold in tribute to Harad and as a down payment for it's service. Mussad would also request that you send him 3 orc commanders and 300 orcs and Mussad would like lands from Gondor, the exact borders to be discussed when Gondor is defeated. Sincerely Qusay, Emir of Amrun and Master of of the Realm.

300 Tribesmen of Harad
6 Corsair Ships

One Barracks in Hyarmen
One Mumakil Pen in Hyarmen
Expansion of Shipwrights in Umbar
Last edited by Valentir on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shaggai
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggai » Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:43 pm

In the darkness of Othronn Ungol, under Dol Guldur, Gonurl waited in his vast web and thought. He knew that his spiders would soon be ready to reveal their existence to the entire world, but for now they would still need to prepare. He could reveal his existence to one, though. The lieutenant of his Master. Then he would have the strength to win Mirkwood. And from there, the Darkness of Ungol could spread to all the world. With one leg, he twitched a strand of web, summoning a spiderling. "I have a message for you. Bring it to Sauron, in Mordor. Return with his reply." The spiderling chittered its assent, and Gonurl dictated his message.
Darkness now gathers over Arda. I may not be known to you, but I am Gonurl of the Great Spiders of Mirkwood. I seek to ally with you, bringing more power to both of us. I suggest these terms, although I am amenable to change:
-Each of us pledges to aid the other in warfare to whatever extent we see fit, if asked.
-I, Gonurl, shall grant to you 100 Great Spiders, so you may breed more. In return, I shall be given 100 Uruks of Mordor, for the same purpose.
-All of our troops shall have free access to the lands of the other, so that we may better further our goals.
-The lands of the Mirkwood are to be granted solely to my people. If conquered by your forces, they shall be rendered up to Ungol. The lands of Gondor are to be granted solely to you. If conquered by my forces, they shall be rendered up to you.

If these terms are acceptable, send back my messenger with the Uruks and I shall send you the spiders. May Morgoth reign once again over Arda.

Signed, Gonurl, King of Ungol

The spiderling scuttled off into the darkness. Another once entered through the same way the previous spiderling had left. "A messenger has arrived from Rhun, Your Majesty. Shall we let him in or feast on him?"
Gonurl chuckled, as far as such a thing can be done by a spider. "Let him in. I would know what he says."
Soon a messenger came through the tunnel. "I bring a message from the Khan. He says:

What say you to this offer?"
"I accept," Gonurl rasped. "I presume you have allied with Sauron, as well? Do not answer, it matters not. We all serve Morgoth, in the end. Now begone. I would think without your intrusion." The messenger fled back up the tunnel, and Gonurl settled back into thought. He would have to recruit. His command went out, and at last Gonurl began to think beyond the superficial matters in the situation.

Recruitment: 500 Spiderlings a week, up to 4000 (will take eight weeks).
150 Greater Spiders a week, up to 1200 (also eight weeks).
Last edited by Shaggai on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
piss

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:03 am

Glorfindel paused a moment, inspecting the waters of the Entwash. With a wave of his hand, a small ball of water rose from the calm current. Glorfindel manipulated it in several fashions, before smiling and prospering the orb back into the stream.

That had been Eärendil's favorite trick in Gondolin. Glorfindel can still remember the boy laughing as the sphere of water danced about him, in increasing speeds and shapes. Shaken from his reverie by Asfolth, Glorfindel once more mounted his horse.

"Noro lim, Asfaloth," Glorfindel urged as he bolted from the river and back to the plains. "Ride with the wind."

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:34 am

Erebor

Now that Dôrin had figured out his plans he had serval things that had to be arranged.
If Erebor would go to war they would have to increase the defenses, this to make sure it would survive even without the main army.
To start with that dwarves had started to dig to the higher parts of the mountian to create an outpost wich would overlook a massive amount of lands. This was to spot the enemy days before they would arrive. On the more defensive matters a second gate was going to be build. This gate would come behind the first gate, creating an enterance hall. The second gate would be build just as strong as the first one, crafted out of solid rock and poured into iron. At the hall in between there would become two balconies above eachother at every side. From here guards could shoot down tons of enemies if the first gate would be breached. Dôrin had also started to work on very advanced defensive meassures wich would crush the spirit of the enemy, however these where still ongoing developments.
While Dôrin mainly focused on defensive meassures he also had to look at his offensive, especially now the dwarves would head for war.
Starting was the modernisation of the army. The army now just grabbed its weapons how it pleased, however Dôrin wanted to make a strong and tactical army, and so he started to work it out.
Of the 2500 soldiers a thousend would get axes, 500 would carry swords, 500 with spears and 500 with bows. 300 of the dwarves with swords and 300 of the dwarves carrying spears would become part of the cavalry.
The dwarves where also given special made and matching armours, aswell as shields, of wich some where bigger then the dwarves themselves. These special shields where made to close in on enemy soldiers or fortresses while keeping them as safe as under a mountain.
Besides this he wanted to use the supreme dwarventechnology to the battlefield. But this remained also still under development.

Watchtower being build.
Increased defenses at the gate are being constructed.
Second gate being made.
Last edited by Limborg on Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:58 am, edited 4 times in total.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Pleased by the progress being made, Khamûl had decided that once his 600 Rhûnic Soldiers had finished training he'd begin training 300 Rhûnic Kataphracts, which would be a powerful addition to the Rhûnic Armed forces.
Once the 600 would be trained, he'd inform them to automatically split into two seperate groups, numbering 300 each. One would go to reinforce Dorwinion, whilst the other would join up with General Cacun.

He then decided to write a letter to General Cacun, so it would arrive to him in time.

Noble General Cacun, Hero of the People of Rhûn.
I write this letter to inform you that reinforcements will be dispatched by the end of this week, once they arrive, take 300 and inform the remainder to garrison the region. Once you are prepared, you are to travel along the river that feeds the Sea of Rhûn and construct a fort where it is fed by two different rivers. (Can't really explain it, I don't know the names)
Claim these lands from the Khanate!
Khan Khamûl.
Last edited by Liecthenbourg on Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Region of Kylaris

The Gaullican Republic,

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Tower of Orthanc, Isengard

Saruman stood at the top of Orthanc, the crisp dawn air nipping the back of his throat. Behind him, worm tongue was quietly moaning at the cold, causing Saruman to frown, an ugly sight. Hundreds of feet below, Snaga slaves milled about, pulling down the few remaining trees within Orthancs walls. These ancient things would feed the fires below Isengard, furthering Saruman's strength. Uruk-Hai would be bred, and they would be covered with dark armor, mined and forged with the flames of industry. All would bow down before the the will of Saruman, or be crushed by the iron fist of the orc. All hail to the White Hand !

2,000 Uruk-khai are trained.
300 warg riders are trained.
Wormtounge, accompanied by ten Uruk-Hai, goes to mordor to ask Sauron for Olog-Hai
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Limborg
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Limborg » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 am

Erebor

As the first armours where completed Dôrin wanted them painted. For the regular soldiers of Erebor the color would be greenish, for the regulars of the Iron Hills it would become grey. He also wanted two other colors for nowm, one would be for the elite ones, those that fought multiple battles; These armours would be poured in gold with blue gems on them. Then there was the last color, a color wich would never be seen. Red, the color of the dwarves who defeated a dragon, the ultimate enemy. As Dôrin checked out the armours a dwarves walked in, he wanted to meassure Dôrins sizes. Apperantly the high commanders had orderd this to make a costum armour for the most loyal dwarves of Erebor. This armour would become one of those few legendary armours made in middle-earth. It would be made out of the bones of smaug. This gave them a light but very strong armour, not to be compared with Mithril ofcourse but it would do the job just as well. Besides the bones of smaug, it would also contain melted gems, to create the best looking armour but still keeping its strenght. While this happend Dôrin also started to think about a costum made Axe. Soon he orderd the blacksmith to make one, this would be made out of the same materials as the armour but Mithrill would be added to create the sharpest edges and the strongest blade.

Dôrin also worked out some plans for the defense of Erebor. He had started on an ultimate defensemachine, but he was still figuring out the Detailes of it. He did however annouced his offensive machines. He had designed a ballista wich could shoot 5 large arrows at the same time. He also had designed a twin catapult wich could fire two times at once. But ofcourse, that wasn't enough. Dôrin wanted something devestating, something that would bring every army on its knees... at this point there where only vague ideas wich led to nothing.. Dôrin wanted his almighty weapon to be probably to perfect.

On another matter, Dôrin had retrieved the Arkenstone from Thorin's grave. The stone would light up when enemies would come, and so it needed to be seen at all times. Dôrin placed it once again in his throne. As he sat down he felt like the most powerfull creature of all of middle-earth.. These days would become his time, his glory and his pride, wether he ended death or victorious, it did not matter. These where the days that all of middle-earth would look upon Dôrin as the most powerfull of the world.

Multiple Ballista being designed/build
Twin Catapult being designed/build
Last edited by Limborg on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:03 am

Elrond composed the following letter:

Code: Select all
To: Dôrin, King Under the Mountain

Your Majesty,

We wish to establish better relations between our peoples. Would you be willing to discuss a trade agreement?

When Sauron made his move it would require all the free peoples of Middle-earth to stand united.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Franconia and Verana » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:35 am

Glorfindel sat, crossed legged by the great Anduin, the pale blue water slowly making its way down stream. As several small stones hovered about him, performing slow circles around the serene elf's head. Glorfindel was focused. Eyes closed, and mind open, he took in his surroundings, the feel of the water, and the smell of the air. The Great River reminded him of the Sirion, and it's very presence made him feel close to Ulmo.

However, he could not tarry much longer. With a small, sweeping hand motion, the rocks fell, clattering on the river bank.
Glorfindel stood, eyes bright as his silver Armour. Smiling, he leapt onto Asfaloth.

"Follow the river my friend," Glorfindel said, patting Asfaloth snow White neck. "And we should reach the crossing by night fall."

Neema
Senator

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Neema » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:08 pm

Eidard wasn't on his throne as lord of the Iron Hills, instead he was deep in the forges making a gift to celebrate the rule of his friend, The King Under the Mountain. It was to be a magnificent seven-pointed battle crown, the points wer to be alloyed diamond and mithril. The crown was designed to channel the light of the Arkenstone into the poins, rendering them as stars above the wearer's head. He had been laboring over the crown for near three years now and was nearing its completion. Along with crafting the crown, he was personally overseeing the construction of fortifications built into the mountain's upper reaches. They would offer excellent vantage points to see attackers from all directions, and offered firing points for the more destructive of Dwarven weapons.
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Anarchism, Socialism or Communism post this capitalist.

http://riserevolt.wordpress.com/

E#;B

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Tower of Orthanc, Throne room
Saruman sat hunched over, his face deep with concentration. In his hands was an orb, a orb blacker than the blackest of nights, the darkness within it seeming to writhe about, as if wanting to cover all of Arda with its blackness. This was the Palantir, Saruman's most treasured, and guarded, possession. This device, forged by Melkor himself would allow Saruman to see the things none other should see. This would allow direct communication with Sauron himself. For several seconds, nothing happened. Then, a fiery shape appeared within the sphere, akin to a eye. At this, words flirted through Saruman's mind, along with dark images. Mirkwood... the shadowy voice said, as pictures of creatures of web and shadow appeared. Rhun.... Wormtounge.... flashes of a great desert, populated by warriors and their ilk went through Saruman's mind. All of this took ten second. Rising, Saruman went to the top of Orthanc, as stormclouds gathered above.

Reaching the top of the tower, Saruman was greeted by a ferocious wind. His robes and hair wave at random, as Saruman raised his arms, his staff in one. A series of words, unintelligible to all but those gifted with magic boomed from Saruman's mouth. They spoke of the air and lies, of flight and fear. Almost by chance, a black cloud appeared in the distance. This cloud seemed to blot the sun, a raucous cacophony of thrills and cries in the air. These birds circled the top of Orthanc, forming a living wall around the Istari. More words spilled from Saruman's mouth, as the great flock split out, reaching heading for a different direction. One would go to the spider Lord, Gonurl, bearing the words of their Lord. Another would go to Grima Wormtounge, to send him to Chief Mussad. And lastly, one would leave for Moria, to reach alliance with the creatures there. All hail the white hand !
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse