NATION

PASSWORD

2016 NFL Offseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Will the Broncos make the playoffs in 2016?

Yes
35%
No
28%
The Raiders have a better chance
37%

Total votes : 106

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:25 pm

The Serbian Empire wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:It's almost as if there are two sets of Packers. One set that went 6-0, and beat Minnesota, and one that showed up versus Denver, Detroit, and Chicago. Only explanation I can give.

The Lions have caught fire. They creamed the Eagles by 31. It's not just the Packers who are two sets but the Lions as well.

I think it's more like this Chip-Kelly experiment is just DONE. :lol2:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Arkinesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Arkinesia » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:50 am

Luminesa wrote:
The Serbian Empire wrote:The Lions have caught fire. They creamed the Eagles by 31. It's not just the Packers who are two sets but the Lions as well.

I think it's more like this Chip-Kelly experiment is just DONE. :lol2:

In fairness, the quarterback was Mark Sanchez both times, and, well, Breaking Madden showed how well that can work out.
Bisexual, atheist, Southerner. Not much older but made much wiser.

Disappointment Panda wrote:Don't hope for a life without problems. There's no such thing. Instead, hope for a life full of good problems.

Trumpostan
Minister

Founded: Sep 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Trumpostan » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:43 am

Idzequitch wrote:
Luminesa wrote:BEARS WON?! IN LAMBEAU?!

What is life...*Weeps in corner.* Nothing makes sense anymore...

It's almost as if there are two sets of Packers. One set that went 6-0, and beat Minnesota, and one that showed up versus Denver, Detroit, and Chicago. Only explanation I can give.

Friend of mine (Bears fan) calls it the curse of Ditka. Think I mentioned it earlier but Ditka wore a Packers sweater in a commercial about a month ago (or so). Since then the Packers are 1-4 and the Bears 3-1. Call it DaCurse if you will.

And this:

Come january it will be 30 years since the Bears beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.
I do not support Donald J. Trump
Inverted Flag Law: US Code Title 4 Section 8 Paragraph (a): The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
The United States of America has been in a state of dire distress since November 8, 2016. Flying the flag upside down is not only our right, it is our duty!
Make Maine Massachusetts again!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:25 am

Tony Romo's collar bone whent snap crackle and pop again.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:12 am

Trumpostan wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:It's almost as if there are two sets of Packers. One set that went 6-0, and beat Minnesota, and one that showed up versus Denver, Detroit, and Chicago. Only explanation I can give.

Friend of mine (Bears fan) calls it the curse of Ditka. Think I mentioned it earlier but Ditka wore a Packers sweater in a commercial about a month ago (or so). Since then the Packers are 1-4 and the Bears 3-1. Call it DaCurse if you will.

And this:

Come january it will be 30 years since the Bears beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Dang it, Ditka. You and your SWEATERS.

This is why we can't have nice things, Ditka. YOU AND YOUR SWEATERS. HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?! :lol2:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:18 am

Thank you, Chicago. I still hate Da Bearssss, but beating the Packers gives Minnesota the chance to re-take the lead in the division. I have high hopes for at least 10-6, and maybe 11-5.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:20 am

I hope no one's got Eli on their fantasy teams.
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:34 am

WHY ARE WE DOWN 14-0 TO THE HOUSTON TEXANS?!?!?!

...*Sobs.*

Hug me, Sparta. I need a hug. :(
-Alan Jackson

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:41 am

Luminesa wrote:WHY ARE WE DOWN 14-0 TO THE HOUSTON TEXANS?!?!?!

...*Sobs.*

Where did the Redskins find a copy of our playbook?

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:00 pm

WHen the announcer says "I got all of Western New York ticked off at me now. My apologies."
Me: "Wait what"
Member of The Western Isles
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:WHen the announcer says "I got all of Western New York ticked off at me now. My apologies."

what game are you watching?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:04 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
Luminesa wrote:WHY ARE WE DOWN 14-0 TO THE HOUSTON TEXANS?!?!?!

...*Sobs.*

Where did the Redskins find a copy of our playbook?

I need to eat that playbook. So you can't use it. XD

And when I get in trouble for it,

WE CALL IT OMNOMNOMGATE!!!
-Alan Jackson

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:07 pm

United Kingdom of Poland wrote:
Polar Svalbard wrote:WHen the announcer says "I got all of Western New York ticked off at me now. My apologies."

what game are you watching?

Bills game, you?
Svalbardian international policy summarized: "Shoot first, hope that no one asks questions later." - Linaviar

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:09 pm

Never apologize for that, good sir. :lol2: :hug:
-Alan Jackson

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:what game are you watching?

Bills game, you?

same, I'm trying to remember what he's talking about though.

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Bills game, you?

same, I'm trying to remember what he's talking about though.

Bills fan or KC fan?

United Kingdom of Poland
Negotiator

Postby United Kingdom of Poland » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:47 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:
United Kingdom of Poland wrote:same, I'm trying to remember what he's talking about though.

Bills fan or KC fan?

Bills, born and grazed there.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:51 pm

Zach Strief, you are USELESS. >:(
-Alan Jackson

Polar Svalbard
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Polar Svalbard » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:56 pm

Polar Svalbard wrote:Bills fan or KC fan?

Bills, born and grazed there.

I love you :kiss:

New Jerzylvania
Minister

Founded: Feb 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jerzylvania » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Titans robbed today by Officials on 4th and eight defensive penalty with less than 2 minutes and a 4 point lead.
Network replay shows no defensive holding. Announcers concur, bad call. Titans lose game. Will NFL apologize for this latest gaffe? :mad:

Atlanta loses again, fifth in last six games after a 5-0 start. Falcon fans feel dicked over by the team.
Rumor has it a new logo for the Falcons is in works, a dirty bird version just for their fans...
DEFCON 1

Clinton/Kaine 2016

It is the solemn and patriotic duty of all true Americans to prevent the election of Donald J. Trump as the next President of the United States by use of the ballot box.
Even if it means you might have to be called for jury duty!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:27 pm

New Jerzylvania wrote:Titans robbed today by Officials on 4th and eight defensive penalty with less than 2 minutes and a 4 point lead.
Network replay shows no defensive holding. Announcers concur, bad call. Titans lose game. Will NFL apologize for this latest gaffe? :mad:

Atlanta loses again, fifth in last six games after a 5-0 start. Falcon fans feel dicked over by the team.
Rumor has it a new logo for the Falcons is in works, a dirty bird version just for their fans...
(Image)

You made me so happy just now. :hug:

At least my team can take pride in being the ones to send the Dirty Birds on their FAILspin!

Eh?
EH?
EEEEEEEEH? :rofl:
-Alan Jackson

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Anyone else think the giants are one of those sides, much like the packers, who have 2 completely identical yet infinitely different teams?

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:00 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Anyone else think the giants are one of those sides, much like the packers, who have 2 completely identical yet infinitely different teams?

No. Eli Manning is what Algebra calls UNDEFINED.

There's a reason why 'Eli' and 'enigma' start with the same letter of the alphabet.

-Alan Jackson

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Minnesota 20 - Atlanta 10! We've already surpassed last year's win total, and have moved back into 1st in the NFC North.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bVNEOEvAEU
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Anyone else think the giants are one of those sides, much like the packers, who have 2 completely identical yet infinitely different teams?

No. Eli Manning is what Algebra calls UNDEFINED.

There's a reason why 'Eli' and 'enigma' start with the same letter of the alphabet.

It's not just Eli though. It's the running game as well.

Also:
Wanted: one safety, must have played football before, must be reliable.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General