NATION

PASSWORD

Vaticaina News Network - VNN - (RETCONNED)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2009
Psychotic Dictatorship

Vaticaina News Network - VNN - (RETCONNED)

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:54 am

Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:10 am, edited 38 times in total.
✵ Nation Name: The Sanctified Dominion of Veltria
✵ Government: Unitary One-Party Theocratic Republic
✵ Demonym: "Veltrian"
✵ Membership: ;_;
Glorious Rebublic of Alevstan wrote:
District XIV wrote:Swiss's post makes me wonder why I don't make posts like dat

Yeah. They actually inspire hatred in me. That's pretty good.
Catholic, right-wing integralist with a dash of imperial hubris. Also a Tolkien nut and board game fanatic! :D

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:55 am

·VNN·Domestic News

· April 12, 2014 - P.C.I.D.S. Conference Enters Second Week of Challenging Reflection on Astavian History
· April 12, 2014 - Global Market Contraction as Crises Abound
· May 28, 2014 - Presence of Astavian Fighters Confirmed Near Auralian Border
· May 29, 2014 - Apostolic Guard Surrounds Auralian Embassy in Vaticaina
· June 2, 2014 - Astavian Government Announces "Foreign Vehicle Identification Zones"
· June 25, 2014 - Black Thursday: ASTEX Hit With Historic Losses After URC Vote
· September 11, 2014 - Astavian Intervention Task Force Mobilizes As Final Ultimatum Issued

·VNN·International News

· April 9, 2014 - Arms Race Renewed? Regional Tensions Rise After Federation Provocations
· May 31, 2014 - Astavian Military Claims Responsibility for Seizure of Northern Belmia
· July 30, 2014 - OPINION: "Living In The Ardokian Echo Chamber"
· September 5, 2014 - Holy Pontifical Union Condemns United Left's "Act of Aggression"
· September 5, 2014 - Opinion: "Mind Your Table Manners, Then Gut Them With Your Dinner Knife
·

·VNN·Politics

· December 28, 2013 - Senate Weighs Options in Sint Franciscus
· December 28, 2013 - Senate Considers Military Action Against the GEIU
· April 15, 2014 - Astavian Imperial Senate Backs Coup in Morgovia
· April 17, 2014 - OPINION: "And the Walls Came Tumbling Down"
· May 24, 2014 - Astavian Government Declares Support for Belmian Protestors
· June 14, 2014 - Catholic Republic of Belmia Enters Holy Pontifical Union
· August 9, 2014 - Astavian - Cuscatlani Summit Held In Avignon
· May 27, 2015 - SSIA Director Verinsky Defends Agency's Administrative Reorganization

·VNN·Entertainment

·
·
·
·
·
·

·VNN·Church Affairs

· April 5, 2014 - Pope Urban VIII Elevates New Cardinals
· April 10, 2014 - Prayer Vigil Held for Victims of Kruma Terrorist Attacks
· April 21, 2014 - Pope Urban VIII Passes Away at 96
· April 24, 2014 - Funeral Mass Draws Thousands
· May 19, 2014 - Habemus Papam!
· June 8, 2014 - Funeral Mass and Burial Held for "Slain Six" in Vaticaina
· August 10, 2014 - OPINION: "Our Christian Destiny In A Broken World"

·VNN·The Smoky Thurible

· August 8, 2014 - Latin American Junta Thugs Launch League of E.V.I.L. Bad Guys Alliance
·
·
·
·
·

·VNN·Technology

· May 21, 2014 - TELCOM Conference: Arcylia Wireless Unveils New Flagship Program
·
·
·
·
·
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 42 times in total.

Catholic, right-wing integralist with a dash of imperial hubris. Also a Tolkien nut and board game fanatic! :D

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:26 pm

Senate Weighs Options in Sint Franciscus
National Front coalition expresses concern at the violation of "Christian self-determination"
ImageSHARE THIS: Image Image Image Image
Rachel Snyder (@rachelsnyder)
December 28, 2013 5:26 pm | Imperial Senate, Vaticaina

Imperial Senate, Vaticaina - Tensions ran high this afternoon in Vaticaina after the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Human Rights, Martin Ildarin, introduced SR:224 to the Senate floor, and managed to pass it with 78 votes…not surprisingly, almost entirely along party coalition lines. News of the resolution’s passage comes not long after news broke of an international military campaign to put down a Christian rebellion in the island nation of Sint Franciscus - which has been plagued the past few weeks by significant internal strife. The resolution, which most political analysts thought had been put on a proverbial back-burner since the submission of Senator Isabella Portello's more moderate proposal to the Human Rights Committee this past Friday, both surprised and angered many non-coalition party Senators.

The language of SR:224 is stern to say the least; warning all nations involved in the conflict on Sint Franciscus that the Astavian government will not tolerate acts of retribution taken against the Christians in the north. While the resolution affirms the Senate's staunch stance against the terror tactics used by radical fringe elements of the United Christian People's militia, it also expresses a clear concern that the right to Christian self-determination within Sint Franciscus might be jeaopardized if the south is allowed to put down the rebellion. Senator Ildarin defended the resolution before his colleagues shortly before the vote saying, "Though the tactics used by some radicals in the UCP are undoubtedly questionable, one cannot deny the clear and valid concerns the rebels have raised regarding the capacity of their 'democratic' government to secure and defend their religious rights. Time and time again this Senate has witnessed similar attempts to install theocratic governments fail on the international stage, and their defeated advocates subject to most despicable punishment for their efforts. This cannot be allowed to occur any longer." The Senator also took what many have interpreted as a jab against the integrity of the new regime ruling the southern island territory saying, "A 'democratic' government that simply recycles old dictators into new offices of power should, in any case, remain highly suspect in the eyes of this esteemed Senate."

Some senators however, were less convinced. The resolution passed only with the support of National Front coalition parties in the current government, and was unanimously rejected by all 27 Freedom and Justice party senators. Only two senators of the centrist Conservative party joined the Patria et Ecclesia and United Astavia parties in supporting the final draft of the reolution during the vote. "You're so insistent on talking about the persecution of Christians in Sint Franciscus, and yet remain utterly silent on the plight atheists and non-Christians in the south would suffer in the event of a northern victory," said Senator Larry Silbert during the debate. "What we really should be focusing on is working with Sint Franciscans on both sides of the island come to peaceful terms. Pieces of legislation like this only serve to embitter and alienate those on a particular side. That's not what we were sent here to do." What remains unclear is just how far reaching the implications of this resolution will be in the coming weeks. As international forces begin to close in on the UCP rebels, and pressure is exerted on the current government of Sint Franciscus to restore public order, the challenges facing Christians of the country are predicted to grow increasingly more volatile.

More From VNN
  • Hottest gifts of the Christmas season [ 2931 views ]
  • Top 20 Inspirational Moments of 2013 [ 2986 views ]
  • TelCom Satellite launch rescheduled [ 1006 views ]
    Image Comments [ 1623 ] | Image E-mail
    © Vaticaina Press Incorporated 2014

Image 1623 comments

aMiTrex · 30 minutes ago
You mean we haven't kicked in the door to this rebellious cesspool yet? geez...

135 up · 192 down
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

annaBell397 · 1 hour ago
The real story of the evening ---> the Freedom and Justice party is talking with the government coalition again...

683 up · 24 down

m00nman91 · 3 hours ago
Another f**king theocrat pushing his agenda in the senate...color me surprised. i wonder if he's going to call the 8th crusade tomorrow?

12 up · 462 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Senate Considers Armed Intervention Against GIEU Blockade
Senators take aim against “blatant imperialism” by European leaders
Michael Cipriano (@mikecipriano)
December 28, 2013 9:00 ECT | Imperial Senate, Vaticaina

Imperial Senate, Vaticaina - Uproar and rage seethed in the speeches delivered by numerous senators this afternoon on the chamber floor after news broke that European leaders, acting under the authority of a centralized political conglomerate known as the GIEU, launched new economic attacks against Latin American countries. Hostilities between Europe and Latin America are certainly nothing new – at least when it comes to economics; with price disputes on agricultural exports and concerns over genetically modified crops being just two points of contention among a growing list of volatile disagreements.

Recently however, political unrest stemming from a violent communist insurgency and subsequent government crackdowns against said insurgents in several Latin American nations has led to yet another conflict with Europe – this time, leading to dangerous shows of military force by both sides, and worrying many around the world that an armed conflict might be looming nearer than ever before. After the now internationally-infamous “Christmas Bombings” by radical leftists in Panama City, which left nearly two-dozen innocent civilians dead and 112 more severely injured, the Republic of Federacion Centroamericana became the first of a growing number of Latin American nations to commence retaliatory strikes against communist terror cells within its sovereign borders.

Europe and the GIEU have responded by enacting trade sanctions against the entire Latin American region, and ordering European naval assets to forcefully stop all Latin American cargo vessels in international waters, and search them if they enter any European port. Additionally, according to a recently published report from Astavian Intelligence Command (AICOM) this past Friday, European naval forces are already believed to have departed to take part in a coordinated attempt to strangle trade in the South Atlantic. According to a confidential informant within the navy of one of these Latin American countries, the haughty posturing of European naval commanders in the region have already led to at least one known confrontation between EURONAV forces and armed vessels belonging to the South American Federation of El Cuscatlan. Shots are believed to have been exchanged between the two parties at this time, though the nature and size of the altercation remains unknown. The presence of EURONAV forces, now conveniently located on the borders of Latin American waters, has many leaders in the international community worried the GIEU is trying to accomplish far more than an elaborate bluff.

“Once again” Senator Ryan Petrarch railed in the senate chamber, “as though they had willfully forgotten the past two centuries of world history, Europe again finds itself slipping ever farther down the precarious slope towards resurrecting that fiendish, old dragon - imperialism. Make no mistake, fellow Senators…that’s what this is – an attempt by Europe to forcefully direct the policies of sovereign countries through economic terrorism and forceful coercion. Our Catholic brothers and sisters in Latin America find the red menace at their doorstep, firebombing their homes, murdering their children, and threatening their very way of life…and when their governments raise their arms in a unified will to stand resolutely against the horror of domestic terrorism, Europe decides to hang a sword of Damocles above their heads and threaten to loose it unless all of Latin America capitulates to European demands? Just who do these mollycoddled bastards half a world away think they are?! Under no circumstances can they be allowed to continue their heedless warmongering against our innocent allies abroad; warmongering which already has led to armed confrontations off the coast of Latin America and the deaths of God knows how many people - And God knows how many more may die if we stand by with our hands in pockets and do nothing! Senators, I urge you to join me in voting ‘yea’ on SR:227, and put an end to this madness.”

SR:227, which was passed in the late hours of this afternoon, effectively declares the Astavian government's intent to come to the aid of Latin American nations currently under European economic sanctions in the event of the breakout of war. Additionally, it demands the immediate withdrawal of all European naval assets from Latin American trade routes in the Atlantic, and the revocation of previous orders to stop Latin American cargo ships in international waters. While the resolution recognizes Europe's right to close its ports to Latin American trade, it reaffirms in the strongest terms Latin America's right to trade freely with those nations who welcome their business (Astavia, of course, being one among them). In light of Europe's economic aggression, tariffs on Latin American goods have been effectively reduced to 0.12% of incoming merchandize value in an attempt to draw Latin American trade away from Europe. Additionally, Europe's threat to stop latin American cargo vessels has prompted a response from the Ministry of Defense, which announced after the resolution's passing that the use of deadly force by Astavian naval assets has been authorized to protect Latin American ships traveling to port destinations in Astavia.

Senators from Astavia's theocratic “Patrias et Ecclesias” party took aim at the false European Pontiffs, Benedict and Francis, during open debate as well. The two men had been publically condemned earlier this week by Pope Urban VIII’s latest pontifical bull, Ad Quem Ibimus (“To Whom Shall We Go?”), in which he reaffirmed the Catholic Church, led by the pontiff in Vaticaina, is the one true apostolic Church, and that Latin American catholics are in no way in ill standing with the Roman Church. Furthermore, the Supreme Pontiff lambasted the two antipopes for their “…blatant and holistically deplorable alignment with greed-driven imperialist powers…” and what he called “…a shameful effort to shackle our cherished Latin American brothers and sisters in faith to subservience under European oppression.” While the Pontiff did not go as far to issue a bull of excommunication against the two antipopes (which, State Minister Cardinal O’Hare went on record saying, “would have been a generous move considering the transgressions of these false clerics”), he did warn that “…continued attempts to sow enmity and discord within the Universal Church [would] be viewed, as it should be, as a direct assault on the Catholic faith, and be subject to severe punishment.”

More From VNN
  • Hottest gifts of the Christmas season [ 2931 views ]
  • Senate Condisers Options in Sint Franciscus [ 1623 views ]
  • TelCom Satellite launch rescheduled [ 1006 views ]
    Image Comments [ 2968 ] | Image E-mail

Image 2968 comments

illopub55 · 30 minutes ago
Imperial Senator: "Where'd I put my war drum set? *looks around* I could swear I put it down around here somewhere..."

752 up · 232 down

gleesonREAL12 · 1 hour ago
F**king euroturds meddling in other people's affairs. What, Africa wasn't temperate enough this time of year or something, so now you're pissing in latin america's cornflakes?

824 up · 47 down

Heather881 · 3 hours ago
Europe coming to the defense of communist terrorists? Do they not teach history over there?

1037 up · 93 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:08 pm

P.C.I.D.S. Conference Enters Second Week of Challenging Reflection on Astavian History
Dr. Trentio Beneventi's lecture sheds light on CAF Intervention Crisis of 2023
Timothy Fulton (@timfulton)
April 12, 2014 8:27 ECT | Pontifical College for International and Diplomatic Studies, Vaticaina

Students at the Pontifical College in Vaticaina attend Dr. Beneventi's lecture this Thursday
Photo courtesy of Bryan Duchhousen.

P.C.I.D.S, Vaticaina - Dr. Trentio Beneventi, Chairman of the Pontifical College for International and Diplomatic Studies in Vaticaina, offered the following remarks during a series of talks on past Astavian relations with the CAF and Gran Cuscatlan.

“I was actually leaving a small coffee shop in Avenici International Airport on my way to an inter-university conference when I was stopped by a rather inquisitive reporter. I wasn’t sure exactly which paper she worked for or even what questions she had in mind to ask me, but I’d figured it would be rather rude to ignore her since apparently she had bought a ticket for the same flight I was on (whether that was a coincidence, I really can’t say for sure), to say nothing of the fact that our flight wouldn’t arrive for at least another hour or so. So I agreed, if somewhat reluctantly, to sit for a few moments and enjoy my coffee with this young lady who, as I came to understand, was quite fascinated with the Holy Pontifical Theocracy's involvement in past conflicts between the GIEU and Gran Cuscatlan. Needless to say, a good deal of her curiosity probably stemmed from Kerry Atherton's recently published and very well constructed account of Gran Cuscatlani politics and culture, which has once again put the Latin American power at the forefront of international debate and discussion.

I suppose now would be a good time to express the following caveat: I can tell you for sure that the level of sheer befuddlement surrounding the intervention is only marginally less in our present era than it was when the crisis was actually going on, and if you honestly believe there is an easy explanation for Astavia’s intervention in the crisis, you’d definitely be better off leaving this lecture hall now. If you’re looking for a simplistic, perhaps purely moral explanation as to why the Papacy, the Imperial Senate, and Astavian Military Command threw in their lot with what many in the international community saw, and continue to see, as a collection of needlessly cruel an oppressive Latin American regimes, then I’m afraid you will be disappointed. The fact of the matter is this – in the world of international relations, and this is especially true when trying to resolve escalating armed crises, sometimes all it takes to “hold” the moral high ground, is to make sure your position is minimally higher than everyone else’s.

Professor Beneventi speaking at the Pontifical
College Conference on International Relations
this Thursday
I can tell you all are now rather uncomfortable. The lady in the third row off to my right who just whispered something into her boyfriend's ear probably wasn’t just inquiring what would be for lunch in the cafeteria today. It's really not my place to single students out, and I do apologize for doing so here, but like the student in the third row and that concerned reporter in the airport, a great many of you probably are of the mindset that the CAS crisis can be explained in moral terms. You believe there is always a moral high road, and a low road. Right and wrong. Good and bad. And to some degree you're right. This is a mindset that the Catholic Church, our Lord Jesus Christ, and indeed our nation’s culture as a whole has cultivated for well over two millennia. Unfortunately for us, as wonderful we are, the rest of the world doesn’t always play by the rules of ethical morality. Shocking, I know. But the sooner we can come to terms with the fact we cannot always be the world’s knight in shinning armor, the sooner we can actually do the world some good.

I suppose it wouldn’t be entirely inaccurate to say the seeds of the Communist Insurgency Crisis of 2023 were planted well before the “crisis” really began. For decades before the notorious Christmas Bombings, many governments in Central America had been enforcing anti-communist policy initiatives in an effort to not only promote national and cultural unity within their borders, but also squash internal revolutionary movements that threatened the stability of everyday life. Whether or not the CAF should be considered successful in this endeavor is a matter that will continue to be a subject of debate for decades to come, but ultimately, as we well know, one of the immediate results of these policy initiatives is that Latin American revolutionary elements radicalized even further and eventually reorganized into increasingly violent, and dare I say murderous, mobs.

Fast forward to Christmas of 2023. The Central American People’s Liberation movement launched a string of terrorist attacks that left dozens of innocent civilians dead and hundreds more severely injured. Brutal crackdowns across Central America ensued as governments, encouraged in large part by the administration of then Caudillo Carlos Silva, deployed a massive amount of internal security forces to quash what was, in their mind, and internal rebellion and imminent threat to Central American civilians. Enter the GIEU. Why exactly the Europeans believed (in their infinite wisdom) that a conglomeration of western financial and military powers would have any success negotiating favorable terms for left-wing rebels while dealing with CAF governments that one, despise communism, two, resent European imperialism, and three, harbor a deep mistrust of any government which demands they change, is absolutely and utterly beyond me, but is the course of action they followed anyway. Naturally, relations between Europe and the CAF were cold from the very beginning, and any outside observer could have seen from that moment onward there would be no meaningful negotiation between the two.

It was at this point that the GIEU, frustrated by the lack of progress made with the CAF, decided to pursue other tactics of “balancing” the situation in Central America. The Papacy in Rome embraced a disgraceful puppet-like role, acting unapologetically as a sort of mouthpiece of European imperialism. Latin American Catholics, living under constant threat of being killed by Communist terrorists, facing the possibility of European military intervention, and now confronted with the betrayal of their Roman shepherd, were in a state of unimaginable despair. Tensions were only exacerbated when European military commanders eventually announced what can only be described as an “offensive embargo”. When I say “offensive embargo,” it’s important you understand this was not Europe simply saying Latin America could not trade with Europe anymore (which, though still an inflammatory move, would have been perfectly within the GIEU’s legal right to do). This embargo was, in actuality, a blockade. Without the consent of Latin America’s business partners abroad, Europe unilaterally decided that Latin America had lost its trading privileges, and had to be punished. Thus, EURONAV forces put to sea with the intention of halting all trade in the region. Not only was this move completely illegal according to international law, it also strained Astavian relations with Europe to the breaking point. This blockade, coupled with the astonishing revelation that the GIEU had been in contact with terrorist elements within the Central American People’s Liberation front, ultimately led to a justification of Astavian military intervention.

As we all saw on VNN the following day, Senator Ryan Petrarch went to the floor of the Senate and introduced SR:227. Essentially the resolution outlined Astavia’s intention to come to Latin America’s aid if war broke out with Europe, and boy were we in it now. Oh did the crap hit the fan then! Speech after speech filled the airwaves as Senators lined up to take parting shots at European imperialism and the dangers of radical left-wing ideologues. Pope Urban VIII broke with years of ecclesiastical tradition after publishing a pontifical bull that openly condemned the Vatican as merely the puppet of GIEU business interests, and additionally championed forging closer relations between Astavia and Latin American Catholics. The Imperial Navy put together a task force to keep naval superiority in the hands of the Latin American coalition, and there was, as the saying goes, no turning back from that moment on.

But why did Astavia get involved at all? What was the final, determining moment when everyone agreed Astavia has to support the administration of Carlos Silva? I don’t have a definite answer any more than you all. It’s a question that really could have any number of answers really, and I can tell you the transcripts of what actually was said in closed rooms of the Senate and Apostolic Palace won’t likely be published for public scrutiny for another twenty years. But judging from how this whole conflict unfolded, though we can’t pin our involvement on a single definite cause, it’s not difficult to see at the very least why the GIEU and the Communist insurgents were viewed as threats by the Astavian government."

More From VNN
  • Concerns Raised Over FRTB Naval Presence [ 9831 views ]
  • Astavian Influence Exerted in Rudaslavian Crisis [ 2986 views ]
  • Crisis in Rudaslavia: Is it Our Fight? [ 1006 views ]
    Image Comments [ 2253 ] | Image E-mail

Image 2253 comments

xenobiteDD · 30 minutes ago
Anyone remember EUROSCUM 2023? Twas a funny moment in internet history...

1560 up · 342 down

brochTR33 · 1 hour ago
I had this guy when I was studying at the Pontifical College. The man knows his stuff, but grades like a tyrant...

322 up · 267 down

heavenlight91 · 3 hours ago
Meh, the only good communist is a dead communist. I only regret we didn't finish the job sooner...

356 up · 462 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 13 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Pope Urban VIII Elevates New Cardinals
Catholics in Undria Rejoice After Elevation of New Cardinals and Archbishops
Isabel Carlotta (@isabelcarlotta)
April 5, 2014 9:13 ECT | Basilica San Gregorio Magno, Vaticaina

Cardinals Wilfried Leinzmen of Alium (left) and Cardinal Sebastion Stringer of Estum (right) in the celebratory procession this morning.
Photo courtesy of Basilica San Gregorio Magno Press Services.

Basilica San Gregorio Magno, Vaticaina - Elation and jubilee filled the air within Basilica San Gregorio Magno early this morning as Pope Urban VIII celebrated a much anticipated consecration mass which saw the elevation of 17 Catholic archbishops from around the region to the College of Cardinals. The College, significant not only for its ecclesiastical role of electing a Supreme Pontiff during Conclave (typically from amongst its own ranks, though the only Canonical requirements for election to the papacy are that the candidate be both male and a baptized Catholic), is also unique in the sense that it currently contains numerous chief prelates of Curia congregations, archbishoprics, reform committees, and other crucial administrative positions within the Catholic Church.

The ceremony, which took place in the main Papal Basilica of Vaticaina, was also special for an entirely different reason, as the mass also served as the elevation ceremony of two previous bishops to archbishoprics within the Latin Empire of Great Bunter. The Empire, which by its constitution is governed by an elected emperor, contains eight individual territories governed by “Prince-Electors,” each of whom ultimately has the right and duty to elect a new Imperator upon the death of the previous one. The Latin Empire is highly unique among its neighbors, as two of the electorate regions, the Prince-Archbishopric of Alium and the Prince-Archbishopric of Estum, are (as their names suggest) administered by archbishops.

The much anticipated names of the bishops tapped for the positions made their way through the news wires earlier this week after their release by the Pontifical Communications Office. Cheers erupted in the basilica as Cardinal Wilfried Leinzmen (previously an auxiliary bishop of the archdiocese of Alium) and Cardinal Sebastion Stringer (previously an auxiliary bishop of the archdiocese of Estum), were elevated to the office of Archbishop in their respective regions. The appointments overall received a positive reaction from Catholic traditionalists throughout the region, although self-proclaimed ecclesiastical reform advocates were less than pleased. During their tenures as auxiliary archbishops, both clerics expressed stiff opposition on more than one occasion to reforming Catholic dogma on topics such as the definition of marriage, the importance of clerical celibacy, and protection of human life from conception to natural death. Seen as powerful voices for traditional Catholic doctrine, neither of the newly appointed archbishops is expected to change course in the foreseeable future.

The vetting process for the selection of the two bishops has taken well over six months, which considering the historical importance of the positions to be filled and the amount of time past appointments have taken at this level, appears to have been something of a relatively quick decision for an institution as ancient and rich in tradition as the Catholic Church. According to regulations set down by Pope Adrian II after the establishment of bishoprics within the Latin Empire in 389 AD, the papacy has chiefly been responsible for investing bishops with their spiritual authority and pastoral duties, while the Emperor of Great Bunter invests them with symbols of their temporal authority and power within his empire. To reach an agreement on common candidates, historically the papacy has selected individuals for the positions at the combined recommendation of the Congregation for Bishops and the Latin Empire’s Imperial Council. While the two men elevated today are considered by the Catholic Church to be the acting pastors and administrators of their bishoprics, by custom they will not have full temporal authority over their territories until the completion of an imperial investiture ceremony set to take place later this month.

Isabel Carlotta is VNN’s chief Ecclesiastical Relations correspondent.

More From VNN
  • Astavian Weather Service: "Hurricane Andy Gathering Force in North Halcyon Ocean" [ 3286 views ]
  • Federation Military Conducts “Annual Exercises”: Preparedness or Power Posturing? [ 8360 views ]
  • Home Guard Mobilizes in Lannium Province: “Preparations Underway for Storm Relief” [ 5832 views ]
    Image Comments [ 7735 ] | Image E-mail

Image 7735 comments

radMan84 · 1 hour ago
Viva papa! Viva ecclesia! Viva Christo!

983 up · 33 down

oberlain24 · 2 hours ago
God bless these pastors! May they guide the faithful well!

1089 up · 14 down

LinuxXP · 4 hours ago
Greetings from the Latin Empire! Good choice this round guys!

749 up · 94 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Arms Race Renewed? Regional Tensions Rise Following Federation Provocations
Pontifical Military to Deploy ASAT Weapons Systems in Eastern Provinces as "Deterrent to Further Aggression"
Martin Ferrara (@martinferrara)
April 9, 2014 1:30 ECT | Lannium Province, Astavia

Deployed P.G.F. transporter erector launchers carrying SC-19 anti-satellite missiles at an undisclosed location in Lannium province.
Photo courtesy of Astavian Armed Services press corps.

Andria, Lannium Province - Tensions within the Undrian international community have been on the rise after it was revealed by Bellatorian military authorities that at approximately 9:15am UST, two Federation Alpha IV rockets launched from Ranesia Air Force Base successfully deployed Early Warning and Space Tracking (EWST) satellites into a geosynchronous orbit around the earth. While Bellatorian leaders have heralded the successful launch as a victory for the Federation’s increasingly ambitious space program, concerns have been raised by strategic arms watchdog organizations regarding the intentions of the Launch Program as well as the impact an operationally successful Missile Defense Shield would have on the delicate balance of military power in the region.

“No international power that ever launched a missile explained their actions afterward by saying, ‘we’re doing this to tip the arms race in our favor,” Dr. Irene Petrokia, Director of the Vicenza Institute on Strategic Arms, said Wednesday. “In every case where the intent of a arms program has clearly been to
General Martinius de Caprio, Dir.-Gen. of ADCOM,
speaks to reporters on the nature of Astavia’s
military response to Federation rocket launch.
achieve technological dominance over other countries, the program has been cloaked under the auspices of ‘peaceful deterrence’ or non-aggressive defensive measures. The explanations coming from the Federation are one-hundred percent in line with the kind of rhetoric you’d expect in a situation like this. They’re saying all is fine, there’s nothing to fear, when in reality their primary goal is to tip the scales of military power in their favor.”

Alarmed by the suddenness of the Federation’s latest moves, Astavian Military authorities have reportedly mobilized elements of several mobile air-defense battalions in at least two imperial provinces. After journalists with the associated press confirmed the movement of no less than seven transporter erector launchers bearing the markings of Pontifical Ground Forces in the mountains just west of the city of Andria, top brass within the Astavian military quickly issued a public statement in an effort to assuage the public’s concerns. During a press conference late this afternoon, General Martinius de Caprio, the current Director-General of Astavia’s Strategic Air-Defense Command, commented on the nature of this military response. “I can confirm at this time” General de Caprio said, “that commands have been issued to several military units stationed in both Lannium and Italoria to deploy to multiple locations throughout these territories for the purposes of conducting coordinated drill scenarios”. The General later confirmed that “these forces are equipped with an array of kill-vehicles designed specifically for the purposes of waging anti-satellite (ASAT) warfare, and that the general aim of the drills is to test Astavian military capability against foreign spacecraft and orbital objects”. The specific positions of these units have not been disclosed to the public at this time. The General continued to reassure the public that the mobilization of Astavian military forces “…is not an attempt to provoke a conflict of any kind with the Federation or any other nation,” but rather “a consorted effort to demonstrate to the world that Astavia shall not stand idly by as increasingly ambitious world powers threaten the stability of the international community by trying to alter the balance of military power in Undria”.

More From VNN
  • Federation Aggression Raises International Fears [ 9033 views ]
  • EWST System: What You Need to Know [ 8470 views ]
  • Dawn of a New “Space Race”? [ 5026 views ]
    Image Comments [ 8620 ] | Image E-mail

Image 8620 comments

ryanRever23 · 1 hour ago
Great, another space race right around the corner. Oh well, at least we’ll get to see some neat sci-fi tech coming out of it…that is, if we don’t all get blown to hell of course…

753 up · 46 down

groovell95 · 2 hours ago
An international game of “I’ll whip mine out if you whip out yours...” Fantastic…

1034 up · 329 down

morton44 · 4 hours ago
Greetings citizen. Don’t mind these giant missiles sitting in your backyard. They’re there for your protection…yup feelin a whole lot safer…

573 up · 201 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:19 pm

Prayer Vigil Held For Victims of Kruma Terrorist Attacks
Pope Urban: ”Faith is Our Strength on this Day of Sorrow”
Anya Oskova (@Aoskova)
April 11, 2014 4:50 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

Catholic clergymen lead 28,000 during yesterday’s prayer vigil for the victims of the terrorist attack in Kruma.
Photo courtesy of Basilica San Gregorio Magno press services.

Vaticaina, Astavia - Shock and dismay spread like wildfire across Astavia immediately following the terrorist bombing of an imperial motorcade carrying members of Great Bunter’s government, including his Imperial Majesty, Emperor William Michael Bunter. According to Buntian press officials, the attack took place at 5:11pm Thursday at the intersection of Ark SW and Patrick streets in the capital city of Kruma after two vehicles armed with makeshift explosive devices breached defenses established by the Emperor’s security forces. Little is known at this time regarding the size and scale of the casualties resulting from the attacks outside of what has already been released by The Bunter Herald. VNN has obtained confirmation from its local offices in Great Bunter that the operators of both terrorist vehicles are among the dead, in addition to a currently undisclosed number of police and civilian casualties. Several members of the 1st Imperial Grenadiers are also suspected to have perished in the attack.

Emperor William Michael Bunter during the
2010 E-4 Economic Summit Talks. Emperor
William is the suspected target of
Wednesday’s terrorist attacks.
Though the names of the victims have yet to be released, their memory has already had a mobilizing force of spirit that has spurred on anti-terror activist groups around the region. Eight hours after the unprecedented attacks against the Emperor’s life, over 28,000 Astavian and international citizens packed into Saint Gregory’s Square after His Holiness, Pope Urban VIII, declared an all night prayer vigil to be observed by all able-bodied Catholics in Undria for those who had lost their lives in the bombings, as well as for the victims who are at this time struggling to recover from their injuries. “Its hard to imagine a more appalling criminal act,” Amy Ipson, a student at the Pontifical Academy of Art told reporters during the vigil. “We’re here to show the world that we believe death and destruction should never be considered means for achieving prosperity. As Disciples of Christ, we’re called to express our love not just for God, but also for our fellow brothers and sister on earth. Christ demands love for all, and it is for us to obey”.

His Holiness also extended his personal prayers to indivuidual members of Great Bunter’s imperial family. Pope Urban’s personal appearance at the outdoor vigil was something of a surprise for many in the Catholic community, as the 96-year-old Pontiff’s ailing health due to advanced age has limited his attendance of public events in recent years. In a written statement to the Buntian Government, His Holiness expressed both “his deepest condolences to all who have lost loved ones as a result of this senseless and tragic act of terror, and that in the coming days, months, and years all people of Undria may come to see that acts of violence done to other people serve only to sow the seeds of mutual suffering.” The Pope also went as far to commend Emperor William’s “stunning gravitas, instructive humility, and exemplary leadership in his long years of service to the people of Great Bunter”.

Although the Pontifical Military’s decision to deploy ASAT weapon systems in Lannium and Italoria after the Federation’s recent rocket launches did not come directly from the Apostolic Palace, Pope Urban also publicly accepted responsibility for the order. Astavia’s recent military response to the Alpha IV launches this past Wednesday has been seen interpreted by some, including Emperor William, as a deliberate provocation of Federation aggression. “The words of Emperor William regarding nuclear and chemical weapons ring true today as they have in years past," the Pontiff wrote in his open letter. "I don’t believe any truly sane person would disagree that, for the sake of our children and our children’s children, it is a commendable task to seek a world without weapons of mass destruction.”

P.G.F. General Tarantola (right) in Nova Roma
Thursday During Negotiations with the Bellatorian
Government.
Talks currently underway in Nova Roma are reportedly stalled for the time being after martial law was declared in major Federation cities. The Astavian delegation to the diplomatic summit is reportedly safe for the time being, and talks will resume as soon as a fuller understanding of the latest terrorist attacks is ascertained by international authorities. Initial reports coming from Nova Roma are immensely positive however, as both Astavian and Federation authorities have made considerable progress towards coming to a satisfying agreement for all parties. On a directive issued from Pope Urban’s office after the Pontiff had spoken to the Astavian delegation in Nova Roma, P.G.F. forces mobilized in the eastern provinces of Lannium and Italoria have stood down and are reportedly returning to military bases in the region (supposedly as a sign of good faith to the Federation that the Holy Pontifical Theocracy is serious about cementing a lasting peaceful relationship).

Astavian officials are actively participating in the international manhunt for any possible accomplices to the terrorists who carried out this week’s attacks. The High Inquisitorial Office has issued orders to Astavian banks to freeze all assets associated with the Berassian People’s Movement – a radial left-wing political organization suspected by Buntian authorities to have organized the attempt on the Emperor’s life. It is unclear at this time if any arrests have been made by internal security forces in connection with the attack. More will follow as events develop.

Anya Oskova is VNN’s on-site Foreign Relations correspondent in Kruma.

More From VNN
  • In the Shadow of Terror: Why Terrorists Believe They Can Win [ 8322 ]
  • Astavian National Katie Sutherland Suspected Among Dead [ 4832 views ]
  • The Crisis of Radical Leftism in Great Bunter: A History [ 3294 views ]
    Image Comments [ 10837 ] | Image E-mail

Image 10837 comments

RadeX00 1 · 1 hour ago
They’d better catch the bastards that did this. Justice shall be served…

1003 up · 92 down

tythOn11 · 2 hours ago
Rest in Peace William II. You will be greatly missed by all. To all our brothers and sisters in the Latin Empire, you’re in my prayers!

1230 up · 55 down

-ACCOUNT TERMINATED- · 4 hours ago
-Comment has been removed by admin-

12 up · 973 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Global Market Contraction As Crises Abound
Astavian Treasury Minister speaks out amidst International Turmoil
Michail Kessev (@michailkessev)
April 12, 2014 4:45 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

Treasury Minister Alēxandrea Surāci comments on Undria’s ailing financial condition Saturday afternoon.
Photo courtesy of the Undrian Associated Press.

Vaticaina, Astavia - Appearing at a press conference for the first time since the terrorist attacks in the Latin Empire of Great Bunter this past Wednesday, Astavia’s Chief Treasury Minister, Alēxandrea Surāci, expressed clear concern at the astonishing rise in acts of political radicalism during the past several weeks. While an international manhunt is underway to detain John Reynolds and Sean Fitzpatrick, two leaders of the Berassian People’s Movement, riots have also broken out in the northeastern Federation province of Steinhof, where the nation’s far right-wing “Silver Legion” wields significant influence. Such a drastic increase in violent acts of political fundamentalists has many leaders in Undria pondering - why now? And even more importantly - What can we do about it?

Right-wing Bellatorians wield banners bearing anti-Catholic slogans.
“It seems like every day now we’re dealing with a different crisis,” Minister Surāci told reporters. “Every day we’re seeing more and more reports on the news as riots erupt, raids are commenced, and attacks are carried out. It’s important we remember these events not only have a human cost, which we certainly have witnessed after the tragic ‘Kruma Bombings’ which left 32 dead and dozens more injured, but also an economic cost as well.”

Minister Surāci’s words come after several days of painful losses across Undrian markets, which many economic analysts have attributed to the Kruma attacks and Steinhof uprising. The Undrian Industrial Average (UIV:UNIAV), which represents a price-weighted average of 27 international stocks considered to be the top competitors in their respective industries, dropped 219 points before closing Friday evening. The drop in such a high-profile index, considered by most analysts be a sign of the region’s economic vitality, has spooked investors internationally. Astavian markets in particular, where the ASTEX closed 187 points down from Thursday’s average, have witnessed some of the strongest backlash from the recent turmoil. The Pontifical Theocracy has become one of the closest international business partners of the Latin Empire after the two countries entered into the “Efian Free-Trade Agreement” of late 2007, which broke down nearly all tariffs and trade barriers between signatories.

“Political instability and economic instability are almost never separate from each other,” Minister Surāci continued. “A rise in one is almost always followed immediately by a rise in the other, and we would be incredibly unwise to treat this recent economic contraction as unrelated to international events. Business, like law enforcement, cannot be efficiently conducted in an area where civilians live under constant threat of attack. Furthermore, in this globalized economy where events in one area easily impact business on an international scale, we have to remember that the acts of violent insurrectionists easily impact when, where, and even if people do business. There is a responsibility on the part of international leaders to ensure stability in their respective territories, even if that means cracking down on elements of society that habitually disrupt civil order. Any breed of political radicalism that openly disregards the boundaries of established law, whether it be a champion of the far-left or crusader of the far-right, has a detrimental effect on both the living conditions and economic well-being of the global community, and should be thwarted at every opportunity.”

Concerns have also been raised by officials in Vaticaina about the anti-Catholic nature of the fascist rebels in Steinhof. “While the Astavian government continues to support the right of the Bellatorian people to follow their own political convictions,” the Pontifical Press Office said in a statement released this afternoon, “we would be remiss in saying the average Astavian does not feel any reservations about the ultranationalist statements made by the One World, One Federation rebels. The xenophobic and anti-Catholic position of the OWOF is utterly intolerable, illogical, and dangerous to say the least. As of yet, the protestors are not considered a major threat to the security of the estimated 328 Astavian nationals currently living within Steinhof, but judging from the increasingly emboldened actions of militant members of the OWOF, this undoubtedly has the potential to change in the near future. In the event Astavians come into direct jeopardy, our State Ministry will no doubt be forced to recall our citizens living in the province to their home country for protection. We call on elected senators of the Silver Legion to assuage the passions of their followers in Steinhof, and immediately call for a deescalation between protestors and Federal authorities. Above all, we hope the Silver Legion will recognize that aiding the rebels in their campaign of violence will only serve to exacerbate an already potentially explosive situtation.”

UPDATES on the crisis in Steinhof will be issued as the situation develops:

UPDATE: Federation military forces have been pushed out of the far eastern province of Arcadia, forming a new front against the loyalist province of Vectis. Forces from 30 Federation Legions are now moving to secure both fronts, and protect major population centers. 250 Astavian nationals have fled the province of Steinhof with the assistance of Federation Security Forces. The whereabouts of the remaining 75 Astavian civilians is currently unknown at this time. Several are presumed to have been executed by rebel militia groups in control of Steinhof.

UPDATE: Astavian State Ministry has ordered the total evacuation of Astavian civilians living in the following Federation provinces: Steinhof, Arcadia, Vectis. All Astavian civilians are to report to the nearest Astavian embassy or consulate. Emergency flights are being provided by P.A.F. forces to facilitate the evacuation. Astavian State Ministry to comment on the latest developments in Terra Bellatorum shortly.

More From VNN
  • Opinion: The Danger of Federation Fascism [ 4833 ]
  • Conservative Party Leader Condemns Federation Fascists [ 3831 ]
  • 2014 Steinhof Riots: A Timeline in Photographs [ 6356 ]
    Image Comments [ 5742 ] | Image E-mail

Image 5742 comments

IKEman90 · 1 hour ago
Fascists…did you say, Fascists? I thought they just liked to waive their flags around and scream loudly. Turns out they’re doing something for once…

462 up · 210 down

julianX · 2 hours ago
Current Buntian law enforcement mindset --> arrest all suspected party members, even if they didn’t claim responsibility. Then arrest whoever associated with them, grandma and the guy who catered their doughnut and coffee luncheons included. You can never be too careful in this day and age.

192 up · 485 down

mikePT4 · 3 hours ago
I’ve got a bad feeling this Steinhof rebellion is going to get a lot worse before it gets better…

33 up · 21 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Astavian Senate Backs Coup In Morgovia
Tsarina Elizavieta Recognized as “Legitimate Leader of the Morgovian Nation”
Sara Pruskōvic (@sarapruskōvic)
April 15, 2014 1:53 6:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

Astavian Imperial Senate passes SR:3342 during an emergency session Monday evening.
Photo courtesy of Internal Senatorial Services.

Imperial Senate, Vaticaina - At approximately 8:30 Monday evening, National and Popular Front coalition leaders within the Astavian Imperial Senate voted to temporarily recognize the coup appointed government of General Milan Vukovic on the island nation of Morgovia. Morgovia, a nation previously ruled by a Socialist directorate, experienced a regime change Sunday after elements of the Morgovian military, acting on the orders of General Vukovic, descended upon the island’s capital, Nova Tserkiev. The Premier of the ousted regime, along with most of his staff, is suspected by Astavian intelligence sources to have been taken captive by units of the Zandarmeriya police force after the defenses of the People’s Palace were breached. It is unclear at this time where the Premier has been moved to, or if he is even still alive. Hours after Morgovian forces siezed local radio and media stations within Nova Tserkiev, official reports from the new government began to steam in pertaining to the size, scope, and aims of the military regime.

Tsarina Elizavieta, the last surviving member of the Lazarevic
family line, is considered by the Astavian government to be the
rightful monarch of Morgovia.
Years of administrative ineptitude on the part of the socialist government, in addition to its historical inability to keep the island’s large Christian (mostly Orthodox and Eastern Rite Catholic) population safe from acts of domestic terrorism conducted by Islamic radicals, ultimately forced the military to take power. Charges of rampant corruption have also been levied against the ousted Morgovian government, which has been at the center of a massive scandal in recent months after it came to light that the Premier and member of his government accepted bribes from individuals with links to Islamic terror groups. Charges have also been levied by the new regime that the previous administration consistently sabotaged the country’s judicial system to keep personal associates outside the reach of prosecution.

Since the socialist regime took power in Morgovia after the “1969 Revolution,” the ousted Lazarevic royal family has been under the protection of the Astavian government, which voluntarily allowed the surviving members to reside within the province of Gallia Citerior. The Astavian government has never officially recognized the revolutionary regime established after the fall of the tsars, continuing to this day to regard the Lazarevic royal family as the rightful heirs of Morgovia. Presently, there is one surviving member of the original family line residing within Astavia: Tsarina Elizavieta. Sources within the Astavian State Ministry have informed VNN that the Tsarina has been in contact with the military forces led by General Vukovic, and that it is the intention of the rebels to both secure Morgovia from future attacks conducted by Islamic radicals, and to reinstall the Lazarevic ruling dynasty.

P.A.F. helicopters took off from Prometheus AFB
in Gallia Citerior to transport the Tsarina back to her
native country.
In a rare show of political unity on foreign policy, the Imperial Senate passed SR:3342 after an emergency session was gaveled into order this evening. SR:3342 effectively declares the Astavian government’s recognition of General Milan Vukovic’s control of the island territory that belongs to Morgovia. “For too long have the great Christian people of our island neighbor endured the miseries of radical left-wing revolutionaries who deny them their most basic human rights,” Senator Martin Ildarin spoke during the floor debate. “We owe it to them, as fellow Christians, and as a compassionate and honorable people to take up their cause as our own.” The resolution, supported at first by only the National Front, eventually earned the backing of Popular Front senators after an amendment was attached to the final draft that demands the Morgavian military junta turn over the reigns of power to a government formed by Tsarina Elizavieta as soon as the condition of the country has stabilized. While the resolution was intentionally vague when describing what would constitute a “stabilized” Morgovia, Astavian officials within the State Ministry are optimistic that General Vukovic, a longtime ally of the Lazarevic family, can be trusted to turn over power at the appropriate time. While reports on the Tsarina's current location have not been made public, the State Ministry did confirm Elizavieta left Astavia Monday afternoon after the Pontifical Air Force organized her transportation from Prometheus AFB in Gallia Citerior to an undisclosed location under the protection of General Vukovic’s forces within Morgovia. She is expected to make a public address to the people of Morgovia in the near future.

UPDATES will follow as we obtain more information.

More From VNN
  • Auralian Government Condemns Morgavian Coup [ 4924 views ]
  • Auralian President: “Military Junta Will Not be Recognized” [ 3341 views ]
  • The 1969 Revolution: A History [ 1874 views ]
    Image Comments [ 5836 ] | Image E-mail

Image 5836 comments

RICKpan31 · 1 hour ago
Well it’s about time those socialist bastards got whats been comin to em…just sorry it didn’t happen sooner!

342 up · 212 down

matrEX94 · 2 hours ago
Can’t wait to see where the tsarina takes morgovia. Should be an interesting next couple of months over there…

452 up · 98 down

AurApoweR · 3 hours ago
Looks like the Auralians aren’t going to recognize the coup…well, I suppose that’s just one more reason for why Astavia and Auraliae don’t get along.

83 up · 49 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:20 pm

OPINION: “And the Walls Came Tumbling Down”
Astavian Primus Dominus: "Claims against Morgovia are Absurd"
His Lordship, Sir Franciscus Murray, Primus Dominus of the Astavian Imperial Senate (OOD-IS@senatecom.gov)
April 15, 2014 1:53 ECT | Vaticaina, Varangia Province, Astavia

De Officium Primi Domini - The present crisis in Morgovia, an event which has drawn much criticism in recent weeks from a hydra of incompetent or willfully ignorant hypocrites, is thankfully drawing to a close after swift justice was exacted on the terrorist leader, Amir Omar Shah – the man responsible for carrying out the murders of over 3000 innocent Morgovian civilians during his campaign of terror, and committing an untold number grotesque crimes against humanity on a scale unseen before in our modern era. The world rests safer, and altogether happier, now that this monster has been dragged before the altar of justice and paid dearly for his transgressions against mankind.

Unfortunately, it appears the proper feeling of celebration in the return of peace and just rule to the island of Morgovia is somewhat lacking on this day of victory. Even now as the conflict draws to its conclusion, international leaders continue to demonstrate a stunning ignorance of both history and diplomatic tact - screeching like spoiled children who didn't get their way.

The luscious language and delectable diction of Auralian warmongers, Buntian hypocrites, and bombastic Bellatorian imperialists have demonstrated nothing more than their love of words. Like smoke rising from the flames of passion, with uncontrolled power their incessant slur of incendiary speech has blackened our once-peaceful skies, and choked the air of reason with the ash of blind hatred. Beneath this toxic cloud of undeserved condemnation and needless threats, the Morgovian people continue to try and strive towards a better future. If they are held back by anything, it would certainly not be the Tsarina’s regime - which has proven itself far more competent and capable of protecting the lives of Morgovian citizens than the rightfully overthrown (and dare I say, criminally corrupt) socialists. No dear friends, the true obstacle to progress and peace is not the Tsarina, but rather a coterie of regional power-mongers, anti-theists, and despicable oppressors who would rather stand atop their own ideological soapboxes and preach a false rendition of history, than to bend down as Astavia has, and help this fledgling people rise to greatness and prosperity once more.

In the present crisis, I have come to learn there are two sides: Those who have learned from history, and those who willfully neglect it. Aside from the fact the Watson administration’s growing choir of easily impressible fools remains so poorly informed about what has actually transpired in Morgovia, if I did not know any better, I’d say their ignorance is not so much an innocent case of “head-in-the-sand-syndrome,” but rather a consorted effort to restore the violent and exploitative criminal regime that used to rule Morgovia to power.

The indignation of these power-seeking despots would be far more convincing to the world, I think, if it were not so completely devoid of facts or reason. How quickly our opponents seem to have forgotten the abysmal failures of Premier Yuriy Despotic’s socialist administration! When foreign criminal insurgents incited Kozaran separatists to rise up and murder innocent Morgovian civilians in the name of gaining independence, the socialist government sworn to protect the Morgovian people was resigned to do absolutely nothing! Letting countless civilians die at the hands of madmen before even bothering to make a statement, the Premier defended his administration claiming he was exercising “tolerance” for the country’s Muslims. Tolerance? TOLERANCE? This was his masterful defense? At what point, in the mind of this nitwit, did “criminal civilian-murdering gunmen” become a protected religious group? At what point did a leader who couldn’t even be bothered to leave the pleasures of his own palace and lift a finger to defend his own people become a subject of veneration for the corrupt Auralian, Buntian, and Bellatorian imperialists? I say to you, my fellow Astavians, that miserable little swine, and the rest of the vile piglets that fed off the back of his corrupt cesspool of a government, received nothing more than the justice they deserved in the end. The actions (or lack thereof) of Despotic’s government constituted nothing less than a betrayal of the Morgovian people and a transgression against their trust. As they should have done all along, the brave men and women of the Morgovian military refused to stand by and watch as their families, friends, and liberty were destroyed. The rose up, they fought back, and with commendable valor cut out the socialist corruption that had infested the body of their nation for so long.

How marvelous it must feel for Emperors Maximus III and William Bunter to beat their war drums in an effort to save “helpless Muslims”. What a sense of exhilaration these dullards must feel hopping up on the Auralian bandwagon and riding through the aisles of the Undrian Regional Council like some God-anointed heroes! What a wonderful feeling it must be to with one breath order the arrest of an entire political organization on mere suspicion of involvement in terrorist acts, and in another, condemn a woman waging a war against an organization that has at least openly called for the annihilation of her people! How powerful the Emperors of Undria must feel when the world is expected to glorify and revel in their military campaigns against radical separatists, but curse and spit at the notion of the Tsarina following such an example. What a glorious thing – to enjoy the benefits of this convenient double standard!

When these men say they are defending “helpless Muslims,” to whom are they referring, I wonder? What civilian casualties are they protesting? To what cataclysmic event are these Emperors referring to? What acts of barbarism have Morgovian “death squads” participated in that so moves these men to such a passionate crusading spirit? To speak simply, for I fear those who are ignorant enough to believe our enemy’s words could not understand if I did otherwise, if there are indeed “helpless Muslims” supposedly being crushed beneath the Tsarina’s thumb – Where are they?

The answer of course is plain and simple – They do not exist. Strange as is may seem to these unenlightened monarchs far across the region, there is no “persecuted” Islamic minority in Morgovia. There are no camps of “helpless Muslims” facing “extermination” at the hands of the evil and bloodthirsty Tsarina. If these Emperors have evidence to the contrary, let them produce it for the whole world to see and believe! But they can’t. Not because the Tsarina is hiding the truth, or is engaged in a massive conspiracy to defraud the entire world. Not because the “imperialist theocrats” of Vaticaina plotted to take over Morgovia with a puppet egime and are now covering their tracks. No – these monarchs cannot produce evidence of these “crimes” because, simply put, the evidence they are looking for exists nowhere outside the confines of their own insanity. Drunken on their own power and feelings of self-superiority, these self-proclaimed knights in shining armor have ridden into battle only to find the war is already over – the true enemy already defeated.

Let me make this as clear as I am humanly able - there is not a shred of evidence to suggest any members of the Chetnik militias have engaged in crimes against civilians of any faith or creed. To the contrary, the soldiers of this militia force have conducted themselves with a degree of respectability that I dare say many political leaders in Undria have yet to demonstrate themselves. A few harsh words spat at the detestable Watson administration in Auraliae moved the world to condemn the “barbarism” of the Tsarina. Stung by words alone, fools the world over have been incited to brazenly cast about threats of violence against Morgovia. Contrast this with the sufferings of a people that have long endured the barbarism of Amir Omar Shah’s insurgency, which has seen thousands of innocent Morgovian and Helikonian men, women, and children butchered at the hands of merciless criminals. With this in mind, to witness the civility in victory the Morgovians have shown, and the degree of professionalism with which they have conducted their internal affairs in the course of this crisis is utterly astounding. When pride alone, and nothing more, moved the pretentious “leaders” of Undria to fume and rage, a thirst for justice, moderated by temperance, moved the people of Morgovia to their own defense. Who I ask, in the end, acted rightly, and with more integrity?

The answer, again, is plain to see…

More From VNN
  • PPO: Pope Urban VIII Moved to Intensive Care, Condition “Serious” [ 9836 views ]
  • Astavian Military: “Proposed USI Treaty will Harm more than it Helps” [ 6355 views ]
  • Imperial Senate Approves Aid Package for War Torn Morgovia [ 4674 views ]
    Image Comments [ 8563 ] | Image E-mail

Image 8563 comments

yytick33 · 1 hour ago
Amen! There’s a storm brewing in Astavia unlike anything our enemies have seen before!

658 up · 327 down

Carbonite23 · 2 hours ago
What? Dial it down? No, I think you mean, dial it up. Yeah. That’s it. Dial the rhetoric up a notch will ya? Thanks…

784 up · 189 down

oRaToRG · 3 hours ago
The Latin Emperor calling Vaticaina out? Unheard of in recent memory! What’s next? Aliens?! It’s gotta be aliens next…

761 up · 92 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:21 pm

Pope Urban VIII Passes Away At 96
Catholic World Mourns the Loss of “Beloved Pontiff”: Looks to the Future for Hope
April 21, 2014 2:00 ECT | Apostolic Palace, Vaticaina

Citizens of Vaticaina already gathering for a candlelight vigil after the death of the Pontiff.
Photo courtesy of Rachel McGrath.

Apostolic Palace, Vaticaina - Catholics across Undria are in mourning after a statement was released by the Pontifical Press Office notifying the world of the death of Pope Urban VIII. The 96-year-old Supreme Pontiff’s health was a matter of concern towards the final months of his reign, as his weakened physical state rendered him unable to take part in numerous functions customarily attended by the Bishop of Vaticaina. His age, though it took a visible toll on his physical appearance, appears to have had no effect whatsoever on the spiritual conviction and pastoral wisdom of this extraordinary man who led Astavia’s Holy Roman Catholic Church for just over twenty-three years – one of the longest reigns in modern Astavian history. The following is a publication of the official written death notice by Cardinal-Camerlango Abrasione Tertuli.

SUBJECT: The Death of the Supreme Pontiff
To the Church Universal, and the Nations of the World

“The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.”

-Isaiah 57:1-2

Brothers and sisters in Christ, it is with a heart weighed with immense grief that I take up the pen tonight to inform you of the death of our Holy Father, Pope Urban VIII. At around 11:54 this evening, he passed away into God’s loving and tender care while sleeping peacefully in the Papal Residence.

All Catholic men and women mourn today at the loss of our humble Sheppard. In this time of grief, it is altogether fitting that we come together as a family of the faithful, as the children of the Almighty.

Born September 3rd 1918, into a middle-class family living in the small Italorian town of Carentius, Cappodoci Orsini was truly a man touched by divine grace. The son of Isabel Rutulia, a nurse at Our Lady of Mercy Hospital, and Marcus Orsini, a steel mill worker in the town factory, the young Cappodoci learned early on of the gifts given to him by God. Demonstrating a natural talent for systematic theology during the early years of his schooling, Orsini was eventually selected to enter into Italoria’s most prestigious seminary, Our St. Mary of Angels Theological Seminary, where he would eventually come to meet his lifelong mentor and friend, Fr. Gordon Leers. Serving as a diocesan priest for St. Michael the Archangel Church in Rimini for 8 years, Cappodoci Orsini demonstrated an unparalleled skill of administration and pastoral care – once described by Rev. Leers as “a man filled totally with the spirit of Christ. So filled with divine grace was he, and so dedicated to his mission to the people of God, that he inspired every man, woman, and child who ever came near him to pursue the blessed teachings and love of Christ with vigor and passion.”

Father Orsini, eventually becoming an auxiliary Archbishop to Italoria Province at the age of 28, ascended to the seat of the Archbishop himself after five years of service. Sixteen years later, in 1967, the 49-year-old Archbishop was elevated to the College of Cardinals under Pope Leo XV, and eventually served as the Cardinal-Secretary of State at the Astavian Foreign Ministry. Serving with distinction, he earned the commendation of Emperor Michael II of the Latin Empire for his handling of the 1978 Anthrax Scare, which brought tensions between Astavia and Terra Bellatorum to their highest point during the 20th Century.

After the death of Pope Boniface XII in 1991, Cardinal Orsini was rumored by interntional media outlets to have been the clear choice of the College of Cardinals, and was elected in one of the swiftest Conclaves in recent history. Ascending to the See of Vaticaina that year, Pope Urban VIII would begin his twenty-three year reign over the Pontifical Theocracy of Astavia, and the Roman Catholic Church.

A champion of religious tolerance, Pope Urban oversaw considerable reforms in Astavian domestic policies towards Protestant sects, and preached a message of benevolence towards all men and women of faith. One of the most memorable moments of Pope Urban’s reign occurred in his 1998 Urbis et Orbis speech on tolerance for other Christian faiths. Speaking to a crowd of over 380,000 people in St. Gregory’s Square, the Pontiff addressed the mission of Catholics in Undria: “Though we may find ourselves at odds with our brothers on certain points of dogma, are we to let such disagreements define our brotherhood? Who among us can say that our fellow Christians outside the tender care of the Church are not also our brothers and sisters in Christ? God loves them with a passion as eternal and as mighty as he loves us, my dear friends. What charge, I ask you, are we given by God with regard to our brothers? Should we not be, as Christ intended, the elder sibling to our brothers in faith? Steeped with the wisdom of age is our humble Church – steeped in the immense knowledge revealed to us by God’s divine beneficence! We rejoice in the truth God has annunciated to us - as well we should. To us, God has revealed his awesome power, and it is for us not to belittle our brothers in faith, but rather to guide them – to share with them the flame of God’s light, so that it too may light their way! To belittle or deride another person only serves to tear that child of Christ down – this is not our Christian duty. We are called to be teachers, educators, guides, and councilors! We are called by the Almighty not to tear our bothers down, but to build them up, to lift them upon the foundation of our faith - to bring them to the light of wisdom”.

His Holiness was also committed to protection Catholics outside Undria, and championed numerous efforts to safeguard the rights of men and women of faith throughout the world. Indeed, the whole earth mourns this day for the loss of this incredible and blessed soul. But in this time of sorrow may we also take comfort, and celebrate in prayerful solemnity our hope that God the generous and loving Father takes mercy on the soul of his servant Pope Urban, who has left this temporal world behind in the hopes of resting in the warm embrace of our Lord in the eternal Kingdom of Heaven.

Respectfully Signed,

Abrasione Tertuli
Cardinal-Camerlango of the Roman Catholic Church

Not long after the notice of the Supreme Pontiff's death was published, letters began streaming out to members of the College of Cardinals - calling them to Vaticaina to observe “Tempe Sede Vacante” (the Time of the Empty Throne), nine days of mourning during which the Papal funeral shall be conducted, and preparations for Conclave made. At the end of the mourning period the world shall bear witness to one of the most profound traditions of the Church - the election of an Undrian Catholic, selected by the College of Cardinals, to the Papacy. According to Canon Law, the College must wait fifteen days until after the death of the Pontiff before commencing with Conclave, and can wait no longer than twenty to begin the election. For the time being, the Papal Apartments, along with most of the Apostolic Palace, has been sealed shut – according to ecclesiastical tradition, they shall not be opened again until the ascendance of another Pontiff to the Seat of St. Peter. The world watches and waits as plans and preparations are underway for the funeral mass, which has traditionally been attended by most Undrian heads of state regardless of their religious convictions. Over the next several days thousands are expected to flock to the holy city of Vaticaina, not only to offer their prayers and mourn the loss of this beloved Pope, but also to await with eager anticipation the selection of a new Supreme Pontiff – a new shepherd for the Holy Catholic Church and the Astavian nation.

More From VNN
  • World Reacts to Pope Urban’s Death [ 7693 views ]
  • Imperial Senate Orders Flags to Fly at Half Staff [ 8462 views ]
  • Pope Urban VIII: A Life in Pictures [ 9973 views ]
    Image Comments [ 10982 ] | Image E-mail

Image 10982 comments

lobtUP22 · 1 hour ago
God remember your humble servants on earth, and may their sacrifice for your glory be pleasing to you always!

1008 up · 97 down

88thompson · 2 hours ago
The world’s lost one heck of a pastor. The man was a product of his age – a testament to the Church’s resolve in times of crisis.

452 up · 98 down

-ACCOUNT TERMINATED- · 3 hours ago

43 up · 984 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:22 pm

Papal Funeral Mass Draws Thousands
Pope Urban VIII Laid to Rest as World Leaders Look On
April 24, 2014 7:00 ECT | Piazza de Gregorio Magno, Vaticaina

Cardinal Tertuli blesses the coffin of Pope Urban during the funeral mass.
Photo courtesy of Basilica Gregorio Magno Press Services.

Piazza de Gregorio Magno, Vaticaina - The eyes of the world watched as hundreds of thousands packed into Saint Gregory’s Square Wednesday afternoon to bear witness to the funeral mass of Pope Urban VIII. The body of the Pontiff, who died in the evening hours of last Sunday, was carried in a wooden coffin around the perimeter of the square, before finally making its way to the upper piazza where the nearly two and half hour long mass was conducted.

Emperors Michael Bunter (left) and
Maximus III (right) during the funeral service.
The mass, celebrated by acting Cardinal-Camerlango Abrasione Tertuli, was attended by numerous representatives and heads of state from nations across the region. Emperors William Michael Bunter of the Latin Empire and Maximus III of Terra Bellatorum, along with members of their respective families, were seated next to each other in a section for royal congregation members. Both men looked on with great solemnity as the body of the Pope passed by the box, carried by a pallbearer team consisting of Catholics from across Undria: including Astavia, Auraliae, the Latin Empire, Terra Bellatorum, Sabah, and Morgovia.

“It is altogether fitting that we are gathered here together,” Cardinal Tertuli spoke during his homily. “We come together as a people united in faith, in mercy, in brotherhood, and above all - united in Christ. A Pontiff is a shepherd, a figure of leadership to all who are called to the flock of our Savior. Pope Urban, though if he were standing here speaking and not me would most assuredly deny it, was a man of immense pastoral ability, and was an inspiration for men and women both within and outside of our Holy Mother Church. He was a man who did not distinguish between those charged to his keeping, nor did he favor one people over another. How often indeed he lamented the existence of those clerics who berate and condemn entire nations of peoples based on the actions of their leaders, and openly attack them in both words and deeds - as if the identity given to us by the Almighty was determined by what country we were born in, or under what flag we were raised as children. We are gathered together, here, as one people…to mourn the passing of a great man…a man who recognized the beauty of diversity, and the meaning of unconditional love.”

Auralian President Katherine Watson, seated
with other Presidents and foreign Heads of State.
Although it is not uncommon for a Papal funeral mass to utilize language (in the prayers used, readings delivered, and the homily itself) that conveys a sense of fraternal brotherhood and spiritual unity, many international observers noticed an almost overpowering presence of such undertones incorporated within Pope Urban’s funeral ceremony. “Every aspect of the mass,” said VNN correspondent, Michelle Petricia, “was carefully designed to promote a sense of unity among the attendants, and avoid escalating tensions as much as possible between international leaders.” Seated next to each other, longtime acquaintances Emperor Michael Bunter and Emperor Maximus appeared to have enjoyed several minutes of pleasant conversation with each other before and after the mass. Noticeably absent from the section the two men were seated in was the Morgovian Tsarina Elizaveta, who was seated under the same tent for members of Undrian royal families, but in a different section. In fact, no Morgovian official was seated next to a Bellatorian or Buntian national in the royal box. Instead, Astavian ministers and several bishops were seated in the areas between the Buntian-Bellatorian side, and the Morgovian side – acting almost like a symbolic buffer to minimize contact between these parties, which have been in recent weeks often prone to virulent disagreements on foreign policy.

Though not a Catholic, Auralian President Katherine Watson was also in attendance Wednesday afternoon, seated in the front row of the section reserved for foreign Presidents and Ministers. Curiosly enough, no Astavians were seated near the Auralian delegation during the mass – which many analysts have ascribed to Astavia’s bitter protest against the Federal Republic’s establishment of ACTA (seen in the Pontifical Theocracy as an agency created solely for the purpose of persecuting Belmia’s Catholic population).

Such cares for international disagreements were in no way present among the crowd gathered in the main Square however, where thousands waived flags from their home countries as well as the Astavian crossed keys.

“I simply cannot believe he’s gone,” Benjamin Thompson, a 32-year-old Buntian said when asked about the passing of the Pontiff. “Pope Urban was a man of integrity, strength, and unparalleled compassion. He crowned my Emperor, and preached a message of peaceful living in these chaotic times. I only hope our Church may, by the grace and will of God, find a new leader – one who will unite us and safeguard the faith with the same vigor.”

The eyes of many observers also closely watched the section reserved for the Cardinals of the Church. Among the most prominent clerics in the first several rows were Cardinal Sebastion Stringer of the Latin Empire, and Cardinal Gregory Ildarin O’Hare of Astavia – two highly revered men within the hierarchy of the Vaticainan Curia, and viable successors to the Pontiff. Other notable clerics included the Morgovian Patriarch Ivan (a Cardinal in the Eastern Catholic Rite), and the increasingly influential Bellatorian Cardinal, Antoninus Marcellus (who also is considered to be a Papabile by outside analysts). Although no word has been released as of yet on the official date for the start of Conclave, the Pontifical Press Office has confirmed that the College of Cardinals will be gathering for several meetings throughout this weekend to make all necessary preparations for the election.

More From VNN
  • Latin Emperor Calls Morgovia Royal Family to Kruma [ 3820 views ]
  • College of Cardinals to Conduct Preliminary Meetings Friday [ 4924 views ]
  • Astavian Senate Demands Immediate Repeal of ACTA [ 6384 views ]
    Image Comments [ 7735 ] | Image E-mail

Image 7735 comments

22thriller · 1 hour ago
A beautiful service for a remarkable pontiff! May God give him rest!

428 up · 10 down

markyB · 2 hours ago
So good to see the royals putting differenes aside to recognize what’s truly important in life! Keep praying for peace on Earth!

729 up · 103 down

martha11 · 4 hours ago
What a beautiful homily! We need more leaders like Cardinal Tertuli in the world!

521 up · 88 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

HABEMUS PAPAM!
Catholic World Rejoices as Cardinal Gregory O’Hare is Chosen to Succeed Pope Urban VIII
May 19, 2014 1:00 ECT | Apostolic Palace, Vaticaina

Newly elected Pope Julius IV addresses the masses gathered in St Gregory’s Square on Monday.
Photo courtesy of Rachel McGrath.

Pope Julius IV on the Basilica
balcony after his short address.
Apostolic Palace, Vaticaina - Uproarious applause and deafening cheers erupted from the crowed amassed in St. Gregory’s Square after the long-awaited column of white smoke finally emerged from the small chimney of the Tridentine Chapel – signifying the end of Conclave, and the selection of a new Supreme Pontiff for Undria’s Roman Catholic Church. Roughly four hundred thousand pilgrims had streamed into the massive, stone square over the past several weeks to be present at the precise moment the new Pope emerged to face the Catholic world.

Almost twenty minutes after the white smoke appeared, motion at the balcony of the Basilica San Gregorio Magno enticed another round of cheering in eager anticipation. As the afternoon sun made its way across the sky over Vaticaina, the doors of the balcony step finally opened to reveal several members of the College of Cardinals, including Cardinal-Camerlango Abrasione Tertuli, as well as a collection of other ecclesiastical officials. Cardinal Sebastion Stringer, the current Archbishop of Estum in the Latin Empire of Great Bunter, and considered by Papal watchdog analysts to have been among the favorites to succeed Pope Urban VIII, led the opening prayer from the balcony before making the announcement of the election result to the world.

“Annuntio vobis gaudium magnum!” the Cardinal spoke as a dull hush fell over the crowd gathered. “Habemus Papam! Eminentissimum ac reverendissimum Dominum,
 Dominum Gregorius, Sanctae Romanae Ecclesiae Cardinalem O’Hare,
 Qui sibi nomen imposuit Iulium!” The ageless Latin speech, recited after the election of every Pontiff, declared the ascension of Astavian Cardinal Gregory Ildarin O’Hare to the Throne of St. Peter – taking the name “Julius” for his Pontifical title.

Cardinal O’Hare, currently sixty years old, is among the youngest Popes ever to be elected in the last three centuries – demonstrating an unusually high level of confidence the College currently has in this particular Cardinal, a popular cleric who served as Astavia’s Secretariat of State since 1991. Pope Julius, the fourth Pontiff to have taken the name, is expected currently to be in superb health, and may direct the spiritual mission of the Church for the next several decades before succumbing to the maladies of old age. Appearing in simple white garments, a beaming and vibrant Pope Julius IV was greeted with thunderous elation after stepping out onto the balcony of the Basilica. The majority of his short address focused almost exclusively on maintaining the unity of the Church, though many noted immediately the drastic turn the message took as the new Pope lamented the plight of Catholics oppressed in foreign countries. Expected to shake up the political administration in Vaticaina, His Holiness is expected to unveil governmental changes (cabinet appointments, policy initiatives, etc) at the Papal Coronation Ceremony, set to take place later this month. A full transcript of his speech is provided below.

“Brothers and sisters in Christ, my warmest greetings to you all on this spring day! Truly, God is with us on this beautiful afternoon! I am both deeply humbled and filled with unspeakable joy by the decision of my brother Cardinals, who apparently decided it was best for this young man, well, as young as a man of sixty can be considered, to preside over our beautiful community of faith. I am also filled with profound sense of gratitude for your presence here, a presence that bears witness to the love of Christ and the mission of his Holy Church in our modern era.

We come together from across the world – Astavians, Buntians, Bellatorians, here…to this place. We come as shopkeepers, laborers, clerics, teachers, and soldiers, but here, we are all one people, one Church, one family of faith. We do not discriminate, we do not despise, or detest, or distain a fellow son or daughter of God who comes here to stand with us and raise his or her voice along with ours to the heavens! We cherish our fellow brothers and sisters, no matter what land or background they may come from – for they have chosen here, of all places, to stand at this hour, and they have chosen us, of all people, to stand with and sing the praises of the Lord! To each and every one of you gathered here in prayer, I say, welcome…for you are welcome here.

We are united in love for one another, and for the Father to whom we all turn in our time of need – He who gave us life, purpose, and spirit. We must not forget that spirit of unity, my brothers and sister…we simply must not - for it is all that stands between us and the horrid suffering and chaos of division. There are many forces that threaten to divide and cause strife within our Holy Church. Our persecuted brothers and sisters around the world cry out in anguish as they suffer and toil beneath the totalitarian jackboots of despicable tyrannical oppression. Honest and respectable men and women of faith, who want nothing more than to live out their days as honest and faithful Catholics continue even now to face mounting threats to their liberty and way of life. To these men and women of our Catholic community, I say this – You are not forgotten. You are not alone. We stand with you. We hear your cries. I hear you. So long as I am your Pontiff, your cries for aid shall never be silenced, your pleas for protection shall never be turned away, and your thirst for justice shall not go unquenched! Let this call resound across the world today, that by the grace and will of God our Church shall smite any foe, bear any cross, and sacrifice all we must to defend our oppressed brothers and sisters of faith!

Please, pray for me, my fellow Christians. Pray that I may execute the duties of my office faithfully, and that I may be an upstanding shepherd to all those charged to my care. There are many long days ahead for us all, but if there is one thing I am sure of, it is that with the help of our Lord there is no storm we cannot endure together! For we are one Church, one family, united in Christ. Go now with the infinite blessings of God, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.”

More From VNN
  • Imperial Senate Swears Oath of Loyalty of Pope Julius IV *LIVE* [ 6932 views ]
  • Plans for Coronation Parade Begin [ 7288 views ]
  • Pope Julius IV: A New “Warrior Pope”? [ 4412 views ]
    Image Comments [ 9932 ] | Image E-mail

Image 9932 comments

mikex72 · 1 hour ago
HABEMUS PAPAM! I love saying that! I’ll be saying it all day now! It just rolls off the tounge!

1590 up · 109 down

peteSPEx · 2 hours ago
Deus vult! God bless Cardinal O’Hare! Feeling so blessed to be in Vaticaina right now!

743 up · 80 down

13 up · 747 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

TELCOM Conference: Arcylia Wireless Unveils New Flagship Program
Astavia’s Largest Cell Network Provider to Complete OmniDOME Program by 2018
April 15, 2014 1:53 ECT | Klienson Center, Latina

Arcylia CEO Dr. Tobias Bellitucci announces OmniDOME at the 2014 TELCOM Conference in Latina.
Photo courtesy of Arcylia Television Network (A.T.V.).

Klienson Center, Latina - Arcylia Wireless, Astavia’s largest cellular network provider and one of the largest corporate networks in Undria, unveiled its latest flagship program on Wednesday at the TELCOM International Conference in Latina. The Conference, the largest of its kind held in recent years, attracted investors from across the globe to witness the future ambitions of international corporate groups to push the limit of technological innovation. Appearing before a multitude of potential financial supporters, Arcylia CEO and Co-Founder, Tobias Bellitucci, announced the company’s plans to extend network coverage into the northernmost regions of three Astavian provinces. The “OmniDOME” Project, estimated to cost Arcylia 6.2 billion Denarii, will be the largest single network extension in the company’s history, bringing nearly one million square kilometers under the network’s umbrella by the year 2018.

The harsh winters of Astavia's northern
provinces have deterred investment by
other cell and internet networks.
“We’re up against seemingly insurmountable odds,” Dr. Bellitucci told reporters and investors during his address. “The weather patterns of these cold and unforgiving regions have long ensured no company would dare invest delicate and expensive equipment there. Underground landline systems have proven reliable, yet incredibly expensive to expand and maintain, especially during the winter months. Strong storms that frequent the region can generate winds as strong as 89-103 km/h, and have the tendency to cause massive ice buildup on manmade structures. Storms like these often knock out power generators providing electricity to landline hubs near major population centers. We aim to change all that with the OmniDOME Project”.

Recently released historical budgetary documents made public shortly before the conference show Arcylia Wireless has poured massive amounts of funding into research and development programs in past years – bringing the company to the forefront of the cutting-edge international telecommunications market. The OmniDOME Project aims to construct and update over 36,000 new “cell sites” (averaging around 150,000 Denarii per unit) spread across Gallia Ulterior, Etruscia, and Utullium Maior over the next three and a half years. “Each of these new cell sites will be completely self-sufficient” Dr. Bellitucci said later in his presentation. “The best and brightest at our company have been working tirelessly to design a cell station that could withstand the climatological properties of this region, in addition to providing the top-notch service our customers have come to expect from Arcylia. The Off-Grid Site series 4 (OGS-4) station is just the latest breakthrough we’ve made in this noble endevor.”

An early OGS-4P cell site prototype at Arcylia’s
R&D facility on the outskirts of Messina.
Arcylia’s OGS-4 cell station is a standalone unit that draws its power from a local energy source rather than a public power grid. The OGS-4 units, equipped with wind turbines (OGS-4W), solar panels (OGS-4P), and backup electro-chemical fuel cells (on both models) to supply power, would not be subject to blackouts caused by a system failure in a region’s power plant. Presenting a miniature model of the OGS-4P unit, Arcylia OmniDOME Deputy Program Director, Lisa Whirring told onlookers, “We thought to ourselves, ‘How can we make these stations as reliable as possible in this unpredictable region?’ The answer inevitably was to take the region’s power system out of the equation. Each station can maintain its own power, and contains an array of sensory systems that send constant feedback and analysis to Arcylia’s network administrator offices in the provinces. Each station is also equipped with multiple layers of defense against ice build up. Sensitive areas of the OGS-4W/P are protected by a next-generation film of carbon nanotubes – which, due to the presence of air spaces between the nanotube structures, resists the flow of electric currents and generates significant amounts of heat in a short amount of time. Coating the top of this carbon film is a layer of hydrophobic material that repels melted water droplets with extreme vigor upon contact. Taken together, these two technological achievements work hand in hand to protect the OGS-4 system.”

The OmniDOME Project also includes funding for the launch of three new STAR V satellites into geostationary orbit over northern Astavia. The satellites, intended primarily to bolster other satellites supporting Arcylia Wireless’ high-speed Internet access blanket across Undria, are also expected to contain equipment onboard to monitor the operational condition of the OGS-4 systems on the ground.

As ground breaking the OmniDOME Project may be, the operations of the Astavian-based telecommunications company have not been without scrutiny in recent months. Concerns have been raised by international watchdog groups that Arcylia may be providing the Astavian law enforcement agencies (including and especially internal security forces under the authority of the Holy Inquisitorial Office) with the private information of customers who find themselves under suspicion and/or investigation. Arcylia continues to deny the validity of such claims, and vehemently denounces those who propagte them as “fearmongers,” though the company has refused numerous times to release transcripts of conversations between corporate representatives and Astavian authorities.

“We are proud to have this chance to better the living standards of people inhabiting the far northern reaches of Astavia,” Dr. Bellitucci said in closing. “This is just one more way Arcylia is leading the world of telecommunications into the future. We look forward to the challenges these next few years will bring, as well as the solutions we will devise to meet them.”

More From VNN
  • TELCOM Conference Opening Remarks *LIVE* [ 4428 views ]
  • Pope Julius IV Calls for Immediate Repeal of ACTA [ 5932 views ]
  • Romantic Comedy "Summer in Vincenza" Tops Box Office [ 4412 views ]
    Image Comments [ 7456 ] | Image E-mail

Image 7456 comments

00toby00 · 1 hour ago
I've been to the TELCOM Conference for the past three years running and loved every second of it! The coolest sh*t's on display there, and you get to touch all of it (so long as you can outrun security)!!!!!!

583 up · 219 down

rene219 · 2 hours ago
I've got family living way up in San Basilia in Gallia Ulterior, and boy let me tell ya, I'm going to love being able to talk to them more often! Can't wait for OmniDOME to get up and running!

442 up · 73 down

MARKuuP11 · 3 hours ago
Coorporate fat cats trying to make more money. Not surprised at all. I hope Bellitucci falls off one of those towers one day...if he could even climb up to the top of it.

16 up · 822 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Astavian Government Declares Support For Belmian Protestors
HPU Leadership Condemns Moltrovis for “Administrative Incompetence” in the Face of Crisis
May 24, 2014 11:53 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

Anti-ACTA activists protest into the night in the Belmian town of Sommersville.
Photo courtesy of the Associated Press (AP).

Imperial Senate, Vaticaina - Passions seethed Saturday morning after an emergency session of the Imperial Senate was gaveled into order to address the latest crisis developments unfolding in Belmia, where at least four innocent pro-independence movement supporters were killed by state police on Friday. The Senate’s Primus Dominus, Lord Franciscus Murray (currently the head of the Patria et Ecclesia Party and the National Front coalition government), was the first of 18 influential Astavian leaders to deliver harshly worded condemnations of the Auralian government’s handling of the Belmian crisis. “The unapologetic hypocrisy of President Watson’s administration is absolutely astonishing,” Lord Murray said in his address. “The reprehensible actions of this sniveling socialist regime against men and women of faith in Belmia border on a breed of anti-theism unlike anything our peaceful Church has seen previously. In all the years of recent history, no other clique of irresponsible despots has dared treat religious persons with such stunning intolerance, while concealing it dishonestly beneath the guise of ‘national security.”

Lord Murray also lambasted the Auralian government’s propensity to support protest movements initiated by left-wing political interest groups, such as the LGBT Rights Association of Jasothon, while at the same time denying the rights of protest and self-governance to the people of Belmia. “We are not the least bit amused by this latest laughably comedic double-standard introduced by the Moltrovis regime, and shall do everything in our power to support our brothers and sisters of faith struggling under Auralian oppression.” the Primus Dominus said to a standing ovation in the senate chamber towards the end of his address. “The Belmian people should have every right to determine who should govern them, and if they believe the regime in Moltrovis is incapable of providing for their needs, then that sentiment must be respected.” Senators from both major party coalitions issued similarly worded condemnations of President Watson’s administration for the deaths of the Princeton protestors (and the negligent homicide of Fr. Raymond Ulster), although the two coalitions varied on where Astavian foreign policy on the matter should be taken next.

“We do not wish for this to escalate into a conflict that could lead to the use of arms,” Freedom and Justice Party Senator, Ian Marrentini, said in a brief statement from his Vaticaina office. “There is no reason to believe this crisis cannot be resolved diplomatically.” Other senators were less convinced to say the least, with at least three members of the hypernationalist “Astavunitis” Party calling for the mobilization of Astavian ground forces in Aegia province to deter further Auralian aggression. “If the Auralians were interested in peace,” Astavunitis party Senator Rebacca Stibrinsky railed during her speech, “They wouldn’t have allowed their police forces to open fire on unarmed protestors. If they actually cared about the well-being of the Belmian people, they wouldn’t have packed so many into jailhouses that they couldn’t even tell the difference between the dead and the living! There can be no compromise with a people of such lacking moral conviction, only the strength of the sword can humble these depraved people in light of their transgressions!”

Pope Julius IV, calling together a meeting of the Vaticainan Curia, publicly condemned President Watson and several other members of her government, including ACTA Director Larry Patterson, for their role in oppressing the Catholic Church in Belmia. “God has charged these men and women with the task of governing their people with a fair and even hand – to lead justly, support generously, and always commit themselves to actions directed by an unfailing spirit of love – and in this mission the Auralian government has failed. The people of Belmia cry out for justice, for freedom, for the chance to determine how they should be ruled, and have instead been dealt a series of cruel punishments and threats by those sworn to defend the interests of the people.” The Pontiff called on President Watson directly to intervene in the Belmian crisis by rejecting the ACTA proposal drafted for the “State of Emergency” and dismantling the Agency once and for all - actions which the Pontiff said “Would show the good faith the Auralian government has in its people, and would greatly assist in easing tensions in this already embattled region". While not going so far as to announce his support for a Belmian independence referendum, the Pontiff did express clear concern that the rights of those who hold such a sentiment in Belmia might face considerable oppression if the ACTA proposal is approved.

More From VNN
  • Astavian General Staff Called to Apostolic Palace for “Routine Briefing” [ 3842 views ]
  • Pope Julius IV Appoints First Round of New Ministers [ 6492 views ]
  • Astavunitis Party Rally In Ostia Demands Action in Belmia [ 4178 views ]
    Image Comments [ 6019 ] | Image E-mail

Image 6019 comments

HIPman64 · 1 hour ago
Prayers for the people in Belmia! Watson had better do the right thing!

253 up · 44 down

77opDUB · 2 hours ago
Such BS! Why aren’t we in Belmia already! Force a referendum!

194 up · 93 down

Becca17 · 3 hours ago
Way to keep your head cool Pope Julius! PAX!

178 up · 15 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Presence of Astavian Fighters Confirmed Near Auralian Border
Pontifical Air Force Announces New Air Defense Patrols in Aegia Province
May 28, 2014 11:00 ECT | Aegia Province, Astavia

PAK FA advanced multirole aircraft during late-stage prototype development in early 2013.
Photo courtesy of the Astavian Armed Forces Press Relations Office.

Aegia Province, Astavia - At approximately 3:17pm yesterday afternoon, two PAK FA advanced fighter aircraft bearing the roundel of the Pontifical Air Force (P.A.F.) flew within half a mile of Auralian sovereign airspace on the Aegia province border, according to Astavian military authorities. The action, dubbed by P.A.F. spokesman, Lieutenant General Samoyov Ditrimia, as the first of many future “routine aerial patrols” to take place in the region, comes in the midst of growing tensions between the Pontifical Theocracy and her southern neighbor, the Federal Republic of Auraliae. Although Pontifical Air Force authorities denied the new patrols were part of an effort to put pressure on the Auralian government, which delivered yet another snub to Astavian offers of peaceful détente after President Watson authorized the Agency for Community Threat Assesement (ACTA) to suppress pro-independence protestors in the Catholic state of Belmia, many military analysts believe the move demonstrates the Pontifical Theocracy's growing impatience with Moltrovis for its handling of the crisis. Some have even gone as far to wonder if the P.A.F.’s moves indicate an authorization from Vaticaina for Astavian military commanders to ponder options involving force of arms to neutralize the Auralian regime.

“It is clear the Astavian military is contemplating all its options on the border and in Belmia,” Dr. Irene Petrokia, Director of the Vicenza Institute on Strategic Arms, said in a brief statement after news of the patrol was made public. “We just don’t know what’s being said behind closed doors or over encrypted communication channels. What is clear however, is that Vaticaina has given the military a very loose leash to deal with Astavia's response to what's happening in Belmia, and that that could certainly be cause for great concern for those seeking a peaceful resolution to the crisis”. On paper, Astavian military forces are under the direct command of the Supreme Pontiff, to whom (in addition to the Astavian church and nation) military personnel swear their oaths of loyalty. But the reality of Astavian military hierarchy is far more complicated. “The Pope is not an expert on military strategy or battle tactics,” Dr. Petrokia continued in her statement. “Most Popes, including, it seems, Pope Julius IV, realize early on in their administrations they are pastors and leaders, not field marshals. That is why you see past Pontiffs making their national security policy decisions largely on the counsel and intelligence produced by their advisors. There is a very real precedent for a Pope to say to his military commanders, ‘this is what I want to happen, this is what we cannot allow to happen, find a way, and let me know if any drastic measures must be taken”.

This “loose leash” policy has allowed the Astavian military to counter international threats with frightening efficiency in recent years, albeit, with little direct administrative oversight. Armed with nothing more than a vague directive from the Apostolic Palace, the Astavian military is empowered to relocate and even mobilize forces for the protection of the nation’s borders and national security interests. Although the military cannot offensively engage foreign forces without the express permission of the Imperial Senate (in the form of an official declaration of war), the Astavian Armed Forces are empowered to put forces on standby, as the world saw back in early April after the Federation’s missile launches prompted Astavia’s Strategic Air Defense Command to deploy ASAT weapon systems in two provinces.

Believed until recently to have only progressed into late-development prototypes, the PAK FA advanced stealth multirole fighter (the P.G.F’s latest addition to its aerial arsenal), appears to have already reached an “in-field use” stage. The aircraft, designed to function mainly as an fighter hunter-killer vehicle, is also capable of carrying payloads intended for strategic ground attack operations, making it a highly versatile asset to Astavian military commanders. No further comment has been made by the Pontifical Air Force on how many units are combat-ready, or where the two fighters used in yesterday's patrol are currently based.

More From VNN
  • Pope Calls for “Day of Prayer” for Belmia’s Struggling Catholic Community [ 6208 views ]
  • Cardinal Velāsio Riacēnza Tapped for Secretariat of State Position [ 4110 views ]
  • Pontifcial Navy to Reassign Two Cruisers to Bay of Tytherion Patrol Force [ 3746 views ]
    Image Comments [ 8120 ] | Image E-mail

Image 8120 comments

BusyBee77 · 1 hour ago
No really Auraliae, its just a routine patrol. No need to cause any fuss or anything. After all, what’s a few advanced stealth aircraft threatening your northern border between friends, right?

648 up · 97 down

julianREX · 2 hours ago
The day something like this is actually a “routine patrol” is the day I sprout fins and live out my days as a mermaid under the sea…

317 up · 48 down

regalRyan17 · 3 hours ago
Love the new aircraft! Our tax dollars hard at work!

382 up · 34 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 8 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:24 pm

BREAKING: Apostolic Guard Surrounds Auralian Embassy In Vaticaina
Astavian State Ministry Announces “Total Cessation” of Diplomatic Ties with Auraliae
May 29, 2014 7:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

A soldier from the 3rd Urban Combat Battalion stands watch along the perimeter of the embassy complex.
Photo courtesy of the Associated Press.

Vaticaina, Astavia – The sound of armored troop carriers and shouting men could be heard along N. Bethlehem Street as forces, identified by Astavian military commanders as the 3rd Urban Combat Battalion of the Apostolic Guard, surrounded the Auralian Embassy early Thursday morning. Power was cut to the facility seconds before soldiers moved in to secure the facility's exits, while members of the Auralian diplomatic staff who attempted to flee the premises of the complex were swiftly taken into custody. A perimeter around the embassy has recently been established, with Vaticainan city traffic moving through that area being temporarily rerouted to the 22nd Street entrance of the northbound tunnel to St. Paul’s Grove.

Speaking shortly after the embassy was surrounded, Pontifical Press Secretary, Fr. Armin Petracca, announced that the Auralian embassy staff had recently fallen under the suspicion of agents from the Central Astavian Investigative Bureau (CAIB). Working with investigators in the Holy Inquisitorial Office, CAIB agents uncovered startling evidence linking two illegal transfers of classified Astavian military documents to the Auralian ambassador, Mike O’Donald, and members of his staff. “We are deeply saddened by these latest developments,” Fr. Petracca told reporters Thursday afternoon. “Trust has always been a virtuous bond considered sacred by our government, and to see it violated so treacherously is deeply unsettling. If we cannot trust the Auralians to act appropriately here in the heart of our nation, how could we possibly believe they have been truthful about the situation in Belmia, or about anything else for that matter?” Though Auralian representatives inside the embassy denied the validity of the charges against them, according to the commanding officer at the scene, they have apparently locked themselves within the central administrative building of the complex, and have refused to let Astavian law enforcement take them into custody for questioning.

The elite Apostolic Guard, the oldest of Astavia’s armed forces, was established primarily as a defensive army to protect the Astavian capital, and carry out operations to neutralize internal threats to the Astavian state. Falling under the direct control of the Pope, the modern day Guard is comprised of an incredibly diverse grouping of forces. By far the most widely recognized detachment of the Apostolic Guard is the Pontifical Swiss Guard - the personal bodyguard contingent of the Supreme Pontiff, who appear with him at nearly all public functions. Other units of the Guard function in far more clandestine lines of work, with some units working exclusively in cyber intelligence, and others taking part in internal policing actions such as the one taking place at the Auralian embassy. Outside Vaticaina, the Guard also boasts a significant military component, and is capable of fielding combat size infantry and armored brigades, in addition to Special Forces units.

State Minister Velāsio Viacēnza formally
announces Astavia’s severing all ties with
the Federal Republic of Auraliae.
News of the embassy lockdown comes after Bemia exploded into a small civil war on Wednesday, as pro-independence rebels forced police units to disengage from attempts to break up demonstrators in the northern portion of the state. Other areas of Belmia, including the state capital of Princeton, were brutally suppressed by state and federal law enforcement units earlier this week, as forces under the control of the Agency for Community Threat Assessment systematically attacked peaceful protestors, closed down churches, and arrested religious ministers in an attempt to crush any spirit of resistance to the tyrannical Moltrovis regime. Word of President Watson’s federalization of the Northam National Guard forces, and her subsequent authorization of deadly force to deal with separatists in Northern Belmia, sparked vehement outrage throughout Astavia. The State Ministry announced Wednesday evening that Astavia’s Apostolic Nuncio, Bishop Ambrose Rēssini, and his staff have been recalled to Vaticaina. All diplomatic communications between the two countries ceased by 2:00am this morning, leaving many in the international community worrying what might happen next.

Word has not yet come from the Apostolic Palace directly on the Pontiff’s personal views of the latest developments in Belmia, though His Holiness has expressed on numerous past occasions his desire for a peaceful solution to the crisis. The Watson administration’s stunning disregard for the Pontiff’s pleas to start a peaceful dialogue with the protestors has severely impacted the image of the federal Auralian government to most Astavian citizens, many of whom expressed their displeasure at a pro-Belmian Independence rally on St. Gregory’s Square Thursday morning – with some demonstrators bearing large banners, observable from the Papal Apartments, that depicted President Watson (and members of her government) engulfed in hellfire. An ominous roaring chant of “Sic Semper Tyrannis” (“Thus Always to Tyrants”) erupted from the crowd after several minutes passed - echoing through the streets of western Vaticaina.

“Undria at large must come to understand the truth of what’s happening in Belmia,” Cardinal Velāsio Viacēnza, Astavia’s newly appointed State Minister announced shortly after President Watson made her intentions for Northern Bemia clear. “Astavia is prepared to do whatever is necessary to preserve the lives of the Belmian people, and to defend all those seeking to break free from the chains of Auralian oppression. These latest moves by the Auralian government are an effrontery to civilized governance, and a shameless attack on human liberty. We cannot carry on as a peaceful and compliant bystander after witnessing the injustices committed against our brothers and sisters in faith. As of this moment, all diplomatic negotiations, discussions, and dealings with the murderous regime in Moltrovis are hereby ceased indefinitely.”

UPDATES on the developing situation at the Auralian Embassy will be posted as they are recived by VNN:

UPDATE: 11:43 - Presence of Auralian Ambassador to Astavia, Mike O’Donald, confirmed inside the embassy.

UPDATE: 15:58 - Auralian Embassy Security Detail (estimated 8 operatives in total) send one agent to meet with ranking Astavian ground commander – demands the Auralian diplomatic delegation be allowed to leave the country. Negotiations fail. Vaticaina city police attempt to close in and apprehend the agent before he could return to the admin building. Tear gas canisters and non-lethal rounds are fired from the third floor window at the advancing city police units by members of the Auralian Security Detail, forcing the officers to take cover.

UPDATE: 16:23 - Astavian ground commander pulls back city police units from the perimeter (Apostolic Guard takes over the operation). Final demand for embassy staff to surrender issued by ground commander.

UPDATE: 16:31 – Tear gas canisters and smoke grenades fired into the administration building by Astavian Military Police. Apostolic Guard units storm embassy complex, detain 47 civilian staff, including Ambassador O’Donald. Embassy Security Detail confirmed in custody as well.

More From VNN
  • Astavian State Secretary: “All Diplomatic Ties with Moltrovis Cut” [ 4912 views ]
  • AP Reporting Astavian Troop Movement in Athenia Province [ 5370 views ]
  • Border Clashes in Southern Auraliae: A Timeline [ 3028 views ]
    Image Comments [ 8961 ] | Image E-mail

Image 8961 comments

71prontO · 1 hour ago
Auralian cowards. Don’t even have the guts to come out and face the music when they’re called out on the BS they do. Makes me sick!

532 up · 24 down

yodel10 · 2 hours ago
The day of reckoning is dawning for President Watson! Niether her, nor all those who consider her their ally are safe any longer! SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

472 up · 103 down

FrankLY00 · 3 hours ago
Down with the bloody red queen! Down with the Moltrovis regime! Avanti Astavia!

382 up · 15 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Astavian Military Claims Responsibility For Seizure Of Northern Belmia
JSC Delivers Ultimatum: Demands "All Auralian Forces" Pull out of Belmia Within 96 Hours
May 31, 2014 1:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Varangia Province, Astavia

Maj. Gen. Gasparo Rūstici confirms the presence of Astavian troops in Belmia during Saturday's press conference.

Vaticaina, Astavia – Shockwaves surged throughout Undria Saturday afternoon after Major General Gasparo Rūstici, Deputy Chairman of the Astavian Joint Command Staff, informed the world that Astavia was responsible for the presence of troops currently occupying northern Belmia. “I can confirm at this time,” General Rustici began, “that a division-strength coalition force of Astavian and Morgovian military units have entered Northern Belmia, and are currently in the midst of an operation to protect the Belmian people, to disarm Auralian forces still within the state’s boundaries, and to enforce the rule of law where the Auralian government has failed to do so.” The announcement comes just one day after the Pontifical Theocracy cut all diplomatic ties with Moltrovis, and stormed the Auralian embassy after senior diplomats were discovered to have been engaged in the illegal procurement of classified Astavian state documents.

The Astavian military, acting on the direct orders of Pope Julius IV, commenced “Operation Ascalon” at around 02:00 Saturday morning to secure Belmia from the threat of future Auralian aggression. According to the State Ministry, fears of Auralian retribution against pro-Belmian-independence demonstrators and Astavian nationals had been on the rise since President Watson authorized the use of lethal force against rebels who took control of the territory on Wednesday. Several international leaders, including Emperor Maximus III of Terra Bellatorum, expressed clear condemnation earlier this week for Belmians who took up arms
P.G.F. soldiers stand guard in the northern Belmian
town of Sommersville during Operation Ascalon.
against President Watson's regime. Speaking to the Imperial Bellatorian Court, Emperor Maximus likened the actions of Belmian protestors to the fascist uprising that took place in the Imperial province of Steinhof back in April.

But while the Steinhof fascists demanded their independence at the point of a gun, and stonewalled any attempt to negotiate with the Bellatorian government, the situation in Belmia has proven to be an altogether different kind of crisis. Protestors in Belmia have only recently turned to violence as a means to secure their liberty. Weeks of peaceful protests and meaningful calls for a bloodless independence referendum took place before any shots were fired. But hopes for a peaceful negotiation to the crisis all but vanished after the Auralian government dissolved the Belmian state legislature and office of the governor in an attempt to discourage an independence referendum. Power was then handed over to ruthless, anti-theistic administrators at the now-infamous Agency for Community Threat Assessment, which has been responsible for the death of no less than four Belmian protestors, and one parish priest over the course of its violent reign. Since then, countless more demonstrators have also been seriously injured in the arbitrarily malevolent crackdown championed by the Moltrovis regime as a “necessary” step to ensure Auraliae’s national security.

The first stages of the operation, according to military officials, was primarily aimed at securing areas currently under the control of Lord’s Liberation Army rebels in northern portions of the state. “Sommersville, Northshire, and other towns claimed by the LLA earlier this week are now under the control of Astavian and Morgovian forces,” General Rūstici told reporters during the briefing. “I cannot, of course, go into the details of their movements, or where each unit landed specifically, but I can go on record saying that the operation has involved considerable amounts of ground, air, and naval assets from both Astavia and her ally Morgovia”.

Astavian forces outside the Northshire Port
Authority Office on Saturday.
Representatives of the National People's Congregation (NPC), including Primus Dominus Franciscus Murray also issued statements Saturday afternoon, confirming the chamber's leadership had been aware of and took part in planning Operation Ascalon. Although the NPC has not declared war on the Federal Republic of Auraliae, it has officially sanctioned what is being called a "policing intervention". Lord Murray directed the Joint Security Committee to notify the Auralian government that it has a 96-hour timetable to completely withdraw all military and police forces from the state (and release all political prisoners connected with the protests), in order for an independence referendum to take place. “President Watson and the band of renegades she calls a ‘government’ have made it clear that they will not grant the Belmian people a free and fair chance to determine the future of their state,” Lord Murray wrote in his statement. “As such, this chamber takes the noble duty upon itself to enforce the will of the Belmian people, by force of arms if necessary”.

The Astavian government also extended military protection and temporary recognition to the interim government of the "Independent Catholic Republic of Belmia," led officially by the recently arrested Belmian Governor, Amy Porter. Governor Porter was placed under house arrest in Princeton on Wednesday by Auralian authorities after it was discovered she had been having private phone conversations with the Apostolic Nuncio to Auraliae, Bishop Ambrose Rēssini. The Astavian government has also demanded her immediate release as a part of the ultimatum. In Governor Porter's absence, Belmia's Deputy Governor Ron Hadling is currently the acting "Interim President" of the Catholic Republic, and has announced that plans to start the referendum vote are already underway. "This is going to be a historic moment for the people of Belmia," President Hadling told VNN over the phone in an interview. "We want nothing more than a clear expression of the will of the Belmian people. If they vote to remain part of Auraliae, we will respect that decision. If they vote for independence, then we also expect the world to respect that decision."

Niether the NPC, nor the Joint Security Committee elaborated on what measures would be taken in the event of Auraliae’s failure to pull back its troops in Belmia. When asked about the possibility of Astavian forces being used to forcefully remove the Auralians, General Rūstici declined to specify if plans for such an operation even existed. “I will only confirm,” the General responded quickly, “that our troops aren’t carrying around blanks in their weapons. If we are provoked, the officials of the Auralian government should have no doubt in their minds that we will bring about the rightful end of their reign in Belmia – one way or another”.

More From VNN
  • Astavian Military "Preparing for an International Conflict" [ 3495 views ]
  • Pontifical Navy Steps Up Patrols in North Halcyon Ocean [ 3942 views ]
  • Pope Julius: "Pray for our Soldiers, and Those They are Protecting" [ 4952 views ]
    Image Comments [ 9476 ] | Image E-mail

Image 9476 comments

71prontO · 1 hour ago
Liberty for Belmia! Her time has come at last!

594 up · 115 down

AdamBeck17 · 2 hours ago
Well…NOBODY saw this coming. I mean really, who’d a guessed?

405 up · 129 down

14 up · 638 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Astavian Government Announces "Foreign Vehicle Identification Zones"
Defense Ministry: “FVIZs Necessary to Secure Astavia’s Airspace and Maritime Defense Interests”
June 2, 2014 7:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

Revelation-class destroyers during the Pontifical Navy’s annual fleet exercises in the North Halcyon Ocean (2013).

Vaticaina, Astavia – Speaking to reporters at the Defense Ministry in Vaticaina Tuesday afternoon, Astavia’s Chief Fleet Operations Commander, Rear-Admiral Antōnin Castērio, announced an inter-branch defense initiative between the Pontifical Navy and Air Force set to begin later this week. The initiative, the first of its kind ever undertaken by the Pontifical military, will establish Foreign Vehicle Identification Zones (FVIZ) over marine territories both around Belmia and the eastern Astavian provinces of Lannium and Italoria. The establishment of these FVIZs was deemed a “groundbreaking” new measure for ensuring the future national security of the Astavian nation, according to Pontifical military authorities. “Never before in recent memory has our nation been faced with such blatant aggression from our neighbors, in particular the USI member states,” Admiral Castērio said in defense of the Identification Zone on Tuesday. “If we are to continue in our holy mission of defending Christ’s people internationally, we must first look to our own defenses and ensure we are doing everything we can to keep our homeland and her citizens safe from harm”.

FVIZ map for Eastern Astavia.

FVIZ map for Northern Belmia.
Each FVIZ, both the one around Belmia and the other on the eastern Astavian coast, requires foreign vehicles, specifically naval vessels and aircraft, to adhere to specific regulations and expectations when traveling through the zones’ marked territories. The new guidelines for non-Astavian vehicles entering FVIZs include several key provisions intended to assist Astavian aviation and maritime security agencies in their efforts to identify and track potentially hostile air and naval units. Non-Astavian aircraft, regardless of military or civilian status, must adhere to the following regulations set down by the Central Astavian Aviation Administration (CAAA).

• Aircraft Identification – All aircraft are required to alert Astavian air traffic controllers upon entry into the FVIZ, and maintain radio contact for the duration of their presence in the FVIZ.

• Inquiries – Aircraft pilots are expected to respond to inquiries for information by Astavian authorities in a timely fashion and without intentional delay.

• Reporting of Flight Plan – An aircraft entering the FVIZ is expected to report its intended destination and flight route. Any deviation from the original flight plan or destination must be reported to CAAA air traffic controllers immediately.

• Reporting of Origin – An aircraft entering the FVIZ is expected to identify its country of origin (and previous departure point) if asked by CAAA authorities, and must bear proper and distinct markings indicating the country of origin.

• Transponders – Aircraft entering the FVIZ are expected to have a working and activated transponder onboard throughout the duration of travel within the zone. Any/ all transponder malfunctions must be reported to CAAA officials.

Foreign civilian and military naval vessels entering the zone are expected to follow a similar set of requirements. Officials within both the Ministry of Homeland Security and Ministry of Defense have confirmed that the provincial Port Authority Offices of Italoria, Lannium, Aegia, and Athenia are coordinating identification efforts through ANAVCOM's (Astavian Naval Command's) Coast Guard Administration, which will keep military authorities appraised of any potential threat entering the FVIZs by sea. The following regulations must be observed by all maritime vessels entering one of the FVIZs.

• Vessel Identification – All naval vessels are required to alert Port Authority officials upon entry into the FVIZ, and maintain radio contact for the duration of their presence in the FVIZ.

• Inquiries – Foreign ships are expected to respond to inquiries for information by Astavian authorities in a timely fashion and without intentional delay. Astavian officials may inquire into the nature of the ship’s cargo.

• Reporting Charted Route – A ship entering the FVIZ is expected to report its intended destination and charted route. Any significant deviation (>3 kilometers off course) from the original route must be reported to Astavian port authorities without delay.

• Reporting of Origin – All ships entering the FVIZ are expected to identify their country of origin (and previous departure point) if asked by Astavian authorities. Vessels must bear proper and distinct markings indicating the country of origin, or fly a flag indicating said country of origin.

• AIS Requirement – Ships entering the FVIZ are expected to have a working and activated AIS (Automatic Identification System) onboard throughout the duration of travel within the zone. Any/ all AIS malfunctions must be reported to Astavian civil maritime officials.

Rear Admiral Antōnin Castērio announcing
the formation of FVIZs in Belmia and eastern
Astavia on Tuesday.
After announcing the formation of the FVIZ, the Defense Ministry confirmed that it will take “precautionary measures involving Astavian military air and naval assets” against vehicles that fail to adhere to the regulations of the Identification Zones. “These are not exceedingly difficult requirements for pilots and ship captains to meet,” Admiral Castērio stated during the briefing. “These are realistic, relatively uninvasive, precautionary regulations aimed at ensuring the continued integrity and security of Astavian airspace and our coastline”.

Many however, noted with some anxiety that the zones, especially the one established around Belmia, extend significantly further than Astavia’s currently internationally recognized territorial waters and airspace. Most notably, the Belmian FVIZ extends over the disputed Northern Belmian territory, where Astavian and Morgovian troops are in the midst of conducting a controversial military operation to secure Belmia’s independence. “USI countries could certainly try and ignore the zones,” Dr. Javert Heffevise, an analyst at the Ostia Institute for Geopolitical Strategy told VNN in an interview Tuesday. “They could very easily claim that these zones are in fact illegal since they encompass territory that is not recognized internationally as belonging to Astavia. But all things said and done, if a plane is shot down or a ship is sunk because it refused to adhere to these new regulations, Astavians by and large will not feel responsible for any loss of life. Why? If you think a little technicality like 'these zones are illegal because this territory isn’t yours’ means anything to the Astavian people, many of whom view the USI as an inherently ‘anti-Astavian’ international alliance, I’m sorry to say you’re dead wrong”.

Shortly after Admiral Castērio’s announcement of Tuesday afternoon, the Astavian Defense Ministry notified the public that it had begun the process of sending military assets from both the Pontifical Air Force and Navy to bases in Athenia, Aegia, Italoria, and Lannium provinces to enforce the FVIZs. According to Defense Ministry estimates, some 198 long-range fighters (approximately nine assorted P.A.F. squadrons) are currently in the process of mobilizing in Aegia and Athenia to enforce the Belmian FVIZ. In the east, the P.A.F. has confirmed the movement of five additional squadrons to the nine currently stationed at various bases around Italoria and Lannium, brining estimated Astavian long-range fighter presence in the region to approximately 308. The movement of Astavian bombers and naval forces however, remain classified until further notice, according to Defense Ministry officials.

More From VNN
  • Coalition Forces Amass on N. Belmian Border as Ultimatum Goes Unanswered [ 6853 views ]
  • General Tarentola “Confident” of Astavian Military’s Readiness to Confront Auralian forces [ 2954 views ]
  • Pope Julius IV Appeals to Emperor William Bunter: “Never Too Late For Peace” [ 3508 views ]
    Image Comments [ 9083 ] | Image E-mail

Image 9083 comments

jakelOl · 1 hour ago
Somehow, someway, the USI is still going to perceive this as a threat…smh

629 up · 87 down

20fullMAX · 2 hours ago
USI dogs had best tread carefully! Lest they want to get blown out of the air or sea!

582 up · 120 down

FrankLY00 · 3 hours ago
Astavians in Belmia to the Auralian government: ”This, yes this…this is now ours. No no, you don’t get govern here anymore. You lost your governing privileges.”

489 up · 23 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Funeral Mass Held For "Slain Six" In Vaticaina
Pope Julius: "There Are No Words For A Day Like Today"
June 8, 2014 11:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

The final minutes of the nationally observed moment of silence in St Peter's Grotto.

Vaticaina, Astavia – Thousands gathered throughout Vaticaina on Sunday for the funeral mass, procession, and final burial of the six Astavian airmen slain by Auralian forces earlier this week.

Members of the Pontifical Swiss Guard served
as Honor Guards during the funeral procession.
The remains of the “slain six,” whose cargo plane was shot down by Auralian National Guardsmen in what Astavian military commanders have called “an unprovoked attack,” arrived this week in Vaticaina. Family members of the deceased were allowed a private period of visitation and prayer before the names of the victims (listed below) were published by the Defense Ministry.

• Capt. Fabrisio Tulaine, 27
    • Lt. Lania Patena, 25
    • Sr. Sgt. Anton Breminski, 33
    • Sgt. Janet Iliana, 26
    • Jr. Sgt. Dessanio Tubria, 23
    • Cpl. Cyrus Alexander, 19
None of the family members have spoken directly to the press, and media outlets have been warned by Astavian authorities to grant the grieving families space during this tragic time. Gerardo Bertoli, a lawyer and spokesman for the Patena family, told reporters that “they [the Patena family] are absolutely devastated by the loss of their only daughter, and hope with all sincerity that no other parent will have to go through the indescribable and unnatural pain of burying their child.” Lieutenant Lania Patena, the co-pilot of the AN-124 cargo transport, along with her fellow crewmen, was posthumously awarded the Martyr’s Cross - a medal given by the Curia of Vaticaina to servicemen and women killed during military actions defending Catholics.

The funeral mass, celebrated by Pope Julius IV, was held at the Basilica of St. Gregory the Great in Vaticaina Sunday evening. Delivering the funeral homily on a reading from the 12th chapter of the Gospel of Luke, Pope Julius was visibly moved as he began, telling the congregation “Years ago when I was serving as the Archbishop for the Military Archdiocese, I celebrated funeral masses on a weekly basis". Pausing for a short moment, the Pontiff began again, visibly holding back tears, "and here tonight, standing before these lamenting family members, this grieving congregation, and this wounded nation…as the Pope, I can honestly tell you that there is no class in any seminary that teaches you what to say on a day like today.” The Pontiff spoke at length on the often overlooked vocation to military service, and commended the bravery of the slain crew who “answered fully and unconditionally, with unspeakable love and charity," Christ’s call to remain always "dressed for action" with "lamps lit" for the master’s coming. “Regardless of where their global mission called them,” Julius said, “these six men and women stood ready to perform the duty, the service, the vocation they were called to live out”.

Pope Julius IV seated in the processional balcony as the
coffins of the soldiers passed on their way to the Grotto.
As the mass concluded, members of the Pontifical Swiss Guard took the place of pallbearers, and formed a full military honor guard for the two mile procession to “Peter’s Grotto” - Astavia’s largest military cemetery in the capital. The drums echoed loudly as the honor guard passed through the city’s ancient streets lined with onlookers. Approaching the Grotto, Pope Julius and members of the victims’ families ascended to the processional balcony and watched as the six black caskets, draped with crimson Astavian flags, were carried into the catacombs for burial. Fifteen minutes of silence ensued as the burial took place, followed by a 21 gun salute, conducted by the Apostolic Guard. As the final minutes passed, the Swiss Honor Guard emerged from the catacombs carrying the casket flags, now folded, and ascended the stairs to the processional balcony. Soft cries from the gathered crowd could be heard as the flags were given to the wives, husbands, and children of the six deceased crewmen.

Astavian military authorities immediately condemned the killing of the P.A.F. aircrew earlier this week, and threatened that “justice would be swift and relentless” for those responsible for ordering and carrying out the attack. No word yet has come from the Defense Ministry outlining a possible proportional response to the downing of the AN-124, though military officials have confirmed they plan to move even more troops into Northern Belmia to solidify control of the northern peninsula from further Auralian aggression. The Defense Ministry also confirmed that Astavian fighter squadrons have begun to patrol the FVIZs, and are authorized to “neutralize” noncompliant foreign air and naval vehicles.

The mobilization of the Auralian National Guard and the unprovoked attack on the P.A.F. crew has caused a surge of anti-Auralian protests and violence around Astavia. Fears of reprisals against Belmian Catholics if Northern Belmia should be retaken by the Federal Republic, as well as the possibility of an Auralian National Guard incursion into Aegia province, has caused concern among members of the Imperial Senate, many of whom, led by far-right members of the Astavunitis party, have demanded that troops be sent to secure the Auralian border. The Senate meets tomorrow in a closed session to discuss several propositions for the deployment of Astavian ground forces.

More From VNN
  • Justice Ministry: "Auralian Students Assaulted in Ostia" - One in Critical Condition [ 2948 views ]
  • Imperial Senate Commissions Investigative Tribunal Against President Watson [ 4829 views ]
  • Astavian State Secretary: "Greenstone's Government has Closed the Door to Diplomacy" [ 5993 views ]
    Image Comments [ 7492 ] | Image E-mail

Image 7492 comments

timLing01 · 1 hour ago
There's a special place in hell for the Auralian cowards who shot down that plane...the trick will be sending them there...

593 up · 39 down

72maximuS · 2 hours ago
They fired the first shot, now it's time to steamroll every last Pro-Watson oppressor in Belmia - Sic simper tyrannis!

552 up · 49 down

juliaPAX · 3 hours ago
God grant the slain six eternal peace...and us too if you can...

729 up · 26 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:56 am

OPINION: "Living In The Ardokian Echo Chamber"
Astavian Human Rights Watchdog Representative Blasts Ardokian "History Of Oppression"
Diana Gierra (@dianagierra)
July 30, 2014 6:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

Ardokian Premier Alexander Andronikas, a member of the country's Social Democratic Party, is expected by analysts to once again secure another term in power despite his government's destabilizing actions in recent months.

“Everything is always fine. There’s no problem anytime.
As I live in Ardoki, I know SDP loves me.
Everything is always fine. I love the State to the end of time.”

Diana Gierra is the Editor-In-Chief
of World Right's Watch, Astavia's largest
human rights watchdog group
From the Editor's Desk (World's Rights Watch) – Sung to the tune of “Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star,” a casual passerby could easily be forgiven for thinking the above satirical verse was an actual Ardokian lullaby – to be recited to one’s child at the end of every day. That is, of course, after the child has completed his or her day’s worth of state-sponsored indoctrination at the local propaganda storehouse…err, I mean, glorious and exemplary public school of our most loving and beneficent state…oh yes, and death to the capitalist menace.

While this may seem like a gross exaggeration of the deplorable state of life for the citizens of Ardoki, I can honestly say (with no reservations in my mind) that this particular country, more so than any other I’ve covered in recent months, is just the kind of crazed international pariah state that makes right-wing hardliners giddy with excitement - because, as we have seen in recent weeks, nations such as Ardoki never fail to essentially gift pundits of the political right with ever-fresh reasons to fervently believe delusional double think, tyrannical secularism, and monstrous barbarism are the cornerstones of the radical left. Ardoki is, despite what it believes, feeding the fears and propaganda of its own enemies.

Premier Alexander Andronikas and his cabal of semi-educated minions in the Ardokian Social Democratic Party once again find themselves jockeying against impotent challengers for a renewed opportunity to be at the helm of the incredible train wreck that is the Ardokian state – a government of incompetent bureaucrats, petulant military officials, and a peevish propaganda arm that delights in spending every waking minute praising their Premier as “a genius, and the kindest and best person to ever live, and probably to ever live”. What exactly did our dear friend Alexander do to deserve such incredible praise, you ask? Well, besides funding ACNA's worthless excuse for a news agency, the glorious and most stupendous Premier announced Ardoki’s intent back in early July to launch an “International Campaign Against Discrimination”......by locking up anybody who disagreed with the socialist government in state-of-the-art brainwashing fun-time concentration camps – complete with white-clad psychiatrists, 24/7 exposure to government propaganda, degrading seminars on why you are a “stupid…bigot” if you do not enjoy your time on Flight Air Disaster Ardoki, and laughably questionable success statistics. But don’t worry dear readers, “100% of successfully treated individuals say that they loved their time at their rehabilitation centres,” and would have even paid to go through it in the first place (commence above Twinkle Twinkle lullaby any time you feel the need)! Well that’s just great ACNA. Just bloody perfect. I’m sure the brainwashed and medicated zombies who were “rehabilitated” honestly couldn’t be happier now......just as I’m sure 100% of the unsuccessfully treated inmates campers are now enjoying their all-expense paid dirt nap six feet under the ground. Needless to say, the aim of the Premier’s government – ending discrimination – was admirable. The execution (no pun intended) however, did not live up to the expectations of civilized international observers.

When the Ardokian propaganda wing isn’t busy tripping over itself while drooling incessantly about how perfect everything (and I do mean everything) is in the Social Democratic Republic, their disgusting dribble turns into a frothy foam whenever anyone has the immense misfortunate of appearing to “threaten” the existence of the Ardokian state (which, for right-wing government leaders like Gran Cuscatlan’s Caudillo, Raul Martinez, quite frankly could be anything from getting up out of bed in the morning, to brewing capitalist-made - and therefore evil - coffee). I would be willing to wager good Denarii that Ardoki’s propaganda machine is at its most entertaining when it catches wind of someone questioning the way their government does things. It’s like watching a bad soap opera. You desperately, DESPERATELY want to turn it off. You know you could be doing more useful things than watching garbage on TV. But for some strange, inexplicable reason you just can’t help but look on in utter amazement as the stupefying ignorance and drama of the whole show washes over you. Each day, it seems, the list of Ardoki’s enemies grows longer and longer as this hyper-reactive, left-wing echo chamber of a country continues to isolate itself from everyone it encounters, even its own allies. Ardoki’s recent embroilment in a heated exchange of insults with the Grand Russian Federation, a fellow member of the United Left, over concerns Russian Premier, Vasily Topolov, voiced earlier this week about the upcoming General Election in Ardoki, demonstrates to the world once again that the Ardokinan government, on an institutional and professional level, believes in all sincerity that anyone who disagrees with them is out to destroy their way of life. I suppose living your life in an echo chamber really can make you ridiculously paranoid after all.

Unfortunately for Ardokian people, the actions their government has taken and the policy initiatives it has supported in recent months have proven time and time again that the “propaganda” international detractors publish against the country’s regime could not be closer to the truth. While the government of Ardoki may not be inherently totalitarian in nature (though the absence of any right-wing parties or grassroots movements suggests active and institutionalized suppression), the regime is undeniably oppressive to those who do not toe the party line, cruel to those who object to its policies, abrasive to respectable international leaders who do not share their “values”, impertinent when corrected, and above all – a constant and unapologetic threat to international peace. Ardoki’s continued support for the Syndicate of Militant Atheists, a dangerous faction classified recently by the Astavian State Ministry as a Tier-2 Terrorist Organization, is just one more sad example of Ardoki’s preference to burn bridges instead of build them. Not only does this disgusting and degenerate organization have the financial backing of the Ardokian government, but it also enjoys a large youth following in Ardokian schools due to compulsory membership laws enacted by, you guessed it, the Ardokian government. The Syndicate, established in 1909, has called repeatedly for the “extermination of religion and superstition,” and actively participates in illegal operations around the world (without the consent of international leaders) to “combat superstitious and religious beliefs…in order to liberate the worldwide proletariat”. Syndicate pastimes include, but are not limited to, “spontaneous” acts of disorder, receiving the tawdry praise of Ardokian news propaganda outlets (drool and all), burning effigies of religious figures (of various faiths mind you, because hey, if you’re going to hate religious people, hate them equally), spewing inane and incoherent garbage then getting mad when you try to serve it back to them, and burning Catholics to death in revenge killings (I suppose the Ardokians at least have a sense of irony, no?). Yes dear readers, join the Syndicate today! Because according to the Ardokian government, they’re a “welcoming and friendly organization" (*cough cough* Twinkle Twinkle *cough cough*).

One could quite literally write a book, nay - a series, on the deplorable history of Ardoki’s shameful domestic and foreign policies, but for me to do so here would take more time than I would ever wish to spend writing such a testament to failure. Suffice it to say Ardoki is, at the very least, a shining example of a politically, ethically, and culturally comatose society – ensnared in a seemingly unbreakable addiction to state oppression, controlled media, and radical suppression of “deviant” ideas. Every storm has a silver lining however, and though the upcoming elections in Ardoki may not bring immediate (or even helpful) changes to the country’s languishing political state, promises made by Premier Alexander, who will undoubtedly win this upcoming election, to “inject fresh thinking” into the Ardokian government may yet prove to be more than just his usual words without action routine. For all its shortcomings, Ardoki’s dedication to maintaining a solid economy, respectable education and healthcare systems, and well-organized public assistance programs demonstrates that all is not lost for the country. Perhaps, years down the line, political diversity will flourish in the Social Democratic Republic. Perhaps their propaganda machine will one day grind to a halt, and allow free and diverse news agencies, unsoiled by government influence, take up the mantle of providing people with accurate and reliable information. Till then, I suppose we’ll just have wait and see, and wish upon a twinkling star.

More From VNN
  • Pope Julius IV: Diplomatic Solution Possible In Belmia [ 5294 views ]
  • Religious Suppression in Ardoki: A History In Pictures [ 4275 views ]
  • Astavian Military Mulls Moving Troops To Auralian Border [ 3844 views ]
    Image Comments [ 6149 ] | Image E-mail

Image 6149 comments

peter4life · 1 hour ago
Preach it sister! Ardoki leftist scum have sent their bands of Syndicate losers to meddle in other people's affairs for far too long! Perhaps its time to send some missionaries over to Arvatiya and give em' a taste of their own medicine!

725 up · 29 down

Amy55linx · 2 hours ago
Meh, they're not so bad. It's kind of entertaining to watch their news anchors get all riled up for no reason actually #guiltypleasures

628 up · 109 down

gavin001 · 3 hours ago
*sigh* 3/10 on originality. Looks like just about every other anti-theist cesspool of a country Astavia has stomped into submission over the last two decades. Not impressed.

382 up · 138 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Astavian - Cuscatlani Summit Held In Avignon
State Secretariat: "Cuscatlani Officials Meeting To Discuss Possible Christian Defense Alliance"
August 9, 2014 6:00 ECT | Avignon, Astavia

Vice President Silva's state plane pulling into Rīcenza International Airport early Saturday morning.

Avignon, Astavia – Political analysts and commentators were aflutter with speculation throughout Saturday after several members of Gran Cuscatlan’s government met with top level Astavian officials at a private summit in the ancient Papal city of Avignon. The identities of the Cuscatlani delegation members were released shortly after their arrival at a secure hangar in Rīcenza International Airport.

Gran Cuscatlan's Vice President, Carlos Silva
speaking to reporters Saturday afternoon.
The short briefing on the delegation, issued by Astavian State Ministry officials, confirmed that General Carlos Rodrigues Silva, the Gran Cuscatlani Vice President, and Foregin Minister Xoana Santiago were in attendance. The additional presence of General Augusto Morales, a well-noted and respected figure in the upper echelons of the Cuscatlani military administrative apparatus, confirmed rumors that the Federation’s armed services had a considerable stake in the negotiations taking place during the Avignon meeting. Initial calls to the Astavian State Ministry and the Federation’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs went unanswered after the Vice President’s plane touched down at 5:45am. By 6:00am, sources also confirmed that the Cuscatlani Ambassador to Astavia, Juan Sanchez, had departed with his staff several hours prior to the plane’s arrival. He was originally believed to have been scheduled to meet with members of the Astavian Imperial Senate to discuss the recent initiation of the Peresque – Martinez Pact. After several hours of speculation, the ambassador's presence was also confirmed in Avignon by the Cuscatlani Foreign Affairs Ministry.

The identities of the Astavian representatives were not confirmed until shortly thereafter, although the convenient presence of Astavian Primus Dominus, Franciscus Murray, in Avignon already for the opening of the newly-conecrated "Aquinatia Basilica" led many to correctly predict his direct involvement in the summit. Astavian State Ministry Chairman, Cardinal Velāsio Riacēnza, was also present at the meeting, as well as several members of the Pontifical Union Defence Council - most notably, P.G.F. Captain-General, Emanuele Tarantola.

Taking place at the centuries old Palace of the Pontiffs, once the seat of Papal power during the reign of the Varangian Dominion, the purpose of the meeting was unknown. That is, until 8:36 Saturday evening when a press conference was held in the Palace atrium. The chamber, adorned with ancient battle banners from the reformed Army of the Papal States, was packed with reporters shortly before the Astavian and Gran Cuscatlani delegations entered and took their seats. Speaking first, Primus Dominus Franciscus Murray announced the Holy Pontifical Union’s intent to enter into a formal military defense alliance with the Federation, and establish the foundations of a Christian Defense Pact. Touching on the Pontifical Union’s vocal support for Latin America’s continued sovereignty during the C.A.F. Insurgency Crisis, Lord Murray concluded that a divine purpose had been bestowed to both countires – to protect and liberate Christians from oppression wherever they reside.

The “Palace of the Pontiffs” in the Papal City of Avignon,
where the meeting between the delegations took place Saturday.
The values our two nations share could not be more similar,” Lord Murray told reporters during his address. “We have found inspiration in each other’s indomitable faith, comfort in each other’s invaluable support in times of bitter struggle, and wisdom in each other’s counsel when we found ourselves in darkness. I believe the Cuscatlani and Astavian people have a remarkable destiny to face in these years to come - a destiny they must face together – a destiny to end the struggle of oppressed Christians everywhere, and secure for God's children across all of creation the blessings of freedom and prosperity by any means necessary.”

Vice President Carlos Silva and members of Gran Cuscatlan’s delegation expressed similar sentiments during the conference, spending several minutes speaking on Astavia’s historically close relations with the Federation, and their desire to see Christianity flourish under the protection of this new alliance. The Vice President also reminisced fondly on the long and proud cultural history of the Catholic Church in Gran Cuscatlan and Astavia, as well as both countries’ desire to defend the interests of Christian political movements across the world.

Astavian and Cuscatlani officials concluded the conference by announcing a “Concordat of Friendship,” in which the governments of both countries affirmed their belief in several principles which will eventually form the basis of the alliance treaty (which, according to several sources in the Astavian State Ministry, will be called “The Avignon Pact”. The text of the full concordat is listed below.

8/9/2014

CONCORDAT OF FRIENDSHIP

In the name of God Almighty and his son Jesus Christ, we, Raul Martinez de Santa Anna, President of the Cuscatlani Senate, Captain-General of the Cuscatlani Armed Forces, Caudillo of Latin America by the grace and will of God Almighty, and Lord Franciscus Murray, Primus Dominus of the Imperial Senate of the Holy Pontifical Union, signing this concordat with the full and unreserved blessings of His Holiness, Pope Julius IV, observing that both our nations have a foundation of Christian teaching, built upon God’s law, eternal values, and morals He has set down, knowing each nation’s love for flourishing and healthy freedom across all of God’s creation, as well as their desire to protect and defend the order and beauty of God’s creation, hereby bind ourselves to this concordat in an effort to promote unity between believers and champion the cause of the Christian faith:

We affirm the following principles --

• Both Nations are Christian nations, blessed by God himself to be founded upon his values and morals stemming from Holy Scripture – God’s inviolable and most sacred Word. Upon this holy foundation, both nations both nations have built their common faith.

• Both nations agree that growing wave of radical secularism is a threat to Christians in many counties, who are persecuted on account of their faith, and denied fundamental rights to worship and convert freely. Both nations recognize “Radical Secularism” as an “obsession on the part of a secular government to pursue policy initiatives that ebb away at or strip entirely the fundamental right of religious followers to worship in their country”.

• Both nations agree that radical secularism and state atheism attempt to cut a country’s population from core religious values. Both nations agree that this leads to the degeneration of societal values, and even their eventual destruction.

• Both Nations agree to actively counter the moves of radical secularists diplomatically, and when aware of an effort on the part of a foreign government to violently target Christians, to take up the cause of defending those Christians from the clutches of their oppressors – even by force of arms (so long as such an action does not violate the principle of “Jus ad Bellum”).

• Both nations agree to promote Christian values using reasonable means (i.e. support for peaceful missionary activity ). Both nations agree to support Christian culture and worship inside nations signing this treaty, and will actively limit – without using unneeded violence – the influence of Radical Homosexual and Anti-Theist lobbies.

• Both nations reject violence as means of converting people to Christianity, and observe that all men and women should be free to choose for themselves what faith they wish to adhere to.

• Both nations reject terrorism as mean to resolve political disputes.

SIGNED:

- RAUL MARTINEZ DE SANTA ANNA, CAUDILLO OF GRAN CUSCATLAN

- FRANCISCUS MURRAY, PRIMUS DOMINUS OF THE ASTAVIAN IMPERIAL SENATE

More From VNN
  • Belmian Secessionists Conclude Successful Indeptanace Vote [ 8020 views ]
  • Emperor William Michael Bunter Begins Military Action In Argretaly [ 7194 views ]
  • The Latin Empire: A History of Conquest in the Southern Hemisphere [ 3058 views ]
    Image Comments [ 6019 ] | Image E-mail

Image 6019 comments

[blocktext]
tim94 · 1 hour ago
"Miscerique probat populos et foedera jungi! Munit haec et altera vincit!"

253 up · 44 down

Kate00 · 2 hours ago
Alliances these days...Avignon Pact = "Hi! I'm Christian. You're Christian. Lets be friends, ok?"

159 up · 24 down

Becca17 · 3 hours ago
Pope Julius actually signed off on this? I guess the military really has more influence in the Apostolic Palace than people care to admit...kind of a scary thought actually...

124 up · 139 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Latin American Junta Thugs Launch League of E.V.I.L. Bad Guys Alliance
Experts On The Political Left Agree: ”Every Villain Is Latino' (E.V.I.L.) Alliance - Poses A Threat Of Taking Over The World"
Viktōr Osterōn (@viktōrosterōn)
August 8, 2014 12:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Astavia

In a world threatened by E.V.I.L., only our Marxist saviors can save us from destruction.
Photo courtesy of the TST Image Editors.

Vaticaina, Astavia – World leaders and impressionable college Marxists everywhere were shocked this week after an announcement of military and economic cooperation was made by Inyursta’s President, Jack Peresque, and Caudillo Martinez of Gran Cuscatlan. The two leaders, apparently trying to disguise their heinous intentions under the clearly false guise of promoting cross-country “business investment,” were obviously using this meeting as an opportunity to plan a cataclysmic genocide against socialists, communists, leftists, left-handed people, and individuals who like the color red very much.

“The Caudillo and President are secretly planning to launch a secret military alliance of right wing Latin American countries, fellow anti-socialist international supporters, and parking authority officers – whom we all know are fascists to begin with,” said one political expert on the ground in Santiago de Cuscatlan. “This alliance is a threat to freedom everywhere, especially Latin America where Socialism and other left-wing ideologies have led to the creation of incredible marching songs, inspiring red and yellow flags, and numerous governmental agencies with long names and acronyms.” Despite these benefits of Socialist rule, Caudillo Martinez and President Peresque delivered yet another scathing condemnation of leftist rule, erroneously claiming that socialists wanted to control every aspect of the Latin American economy, and drive the region's businesses into oblivion - when in truth, Socialists just want regulate private businesses into oblivion...using redundant government agencies paid for by the taxpayer's piggy bank of course.

Witnessing the aggression these two men treat socialism with is bothersome to say the least. It's not like socialists were responsible for blowing up a Cuscalani civilian oil tanker or directly threatening to root out and destroy Martinezists in Chucara. Fortunately, a team of highly-"trained" (i.e. "paid") left-wing think-tank officials and pundits are setting the record straight. Socialists have always desired a peaceful coexistence with Gran Cuscatlan and her allies, and have said time and time again they only want to share the enlightened thinking of an economic system that has caused enough famines, wars, oppression, and destruction to make the Old Testament of the Bible look like a kid's bedtime story.

The negotiations between Martinez and Peresque not only included pledges of support for the creation of a mutual defense alliance (which analysts are calling “E.V.I.L.” for “Every Villain Is Latino,”), but also an agreement over the design and production of a new fighter aircraft (to be used by both Inyursta and Gran Cuscatlan), and provisions for new arms trading contracts. Of course, as Inyursta's Rico Romero observed during his "Technically" political show, the formation of the Peresque-Martinez Pact appears to be nothing more than a diplomatic formality - a "simple writing of words to describe something that was already there." The two Latin American countries have been partners in a long crusade against leftists for years now, and after witnessing the level of distain this treaty has for socialist values, apparently appear to harbor no desires of giving up that struggle soon.

More From TST
  • Auralian President: "Back Off, Or I'll Threaten You Loudly Again" [ 4820 views ]
  • Man Sues Oil Company for Making "Gasoline Look Like Water" [ 2174 views ]
  • Astavian Military Commanders Respond to Auraliae Threats: "We'll Sit On You" [ 1492 views ]
    Image Comments [ 3829 ] | Image E-mail

Image 3829 comments

ascot44 · 1 hour ago
This is why I read TST. "Every Villain Is Latino" - I...I can't even...

53 up · 12 down

rango12 · 2 hours ago
"The liberals are coming, the liberals are coming! We're saved, we're saved!" *Gag*

42 up · 18 down

MadMark7 · 3 hours ago
I really shouldn't drink anything while I'm reading stuff on this site.

18 up · 4 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Swiss Guardsmen
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Swiss Guardsmen » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:13 pm

OPINION: "Our Christian Destiny In A Broken World"
Astavian Cardinal Praises Intentions Behind "Avignon Pact," Condemns "Cult of State-Endorsed Secularism"
His Eminance, Cardinal Thomas Beraglio, Lord of the Holy Inquisitorial Office (AGU-HO@astavcom.gov)
August 10, 2014 1:00 ECT | Vaticaina, Varangia Province, Astavia

Cardinal Thomas Beraglio currently
serves as the Pontifical Union's
Lord of the Holy Office
Ad Astaviā Populō Et Orbi – Remarkable. Simply…remarkable, my dear brothers and sisters. You can almost smell the fear - A rotting stench, rising, as if from a long-stagnant pond, now disturbed by noble forces come to cleanse it of the vile, putrid, filth that has overtaken what was once clear and pristine – what was once…divine creation. Yes, brothers and sisters, the stench of terror hangs in the air……but it is foreign to us - for what need have we of fear? We live, as our Father taught us, donning each morning the armor of Christ, working each day for the betterment of our fellow man, and praying each night that we may be made ready for the work of the next day to come. We lead lives too full of genuine joy, of faith, and spirit to have use for fear – but our enemies? They, brothers and sisters, are are an altogether different sort of breed.

Make no mistake, my fellow Astavians, our Union is unique upon this earth – our aims are not like those of power-seeking despots, corrupt republics, puritanical cults, or sadistic inquisitiors. The glories of conquest, the prestige of domination, the acclaim of followers and acolytes – such alluring aspirations, yearnings that have time and time again destroyed the hearts of good and well-intentioned men, do not dwell in the hearts of true Astavians. What an Astavian desires above all, what he or she truly yearns for…is serenity. A peace, found not in silence or isolation, but rather in the knowledge that he or she does not live alone – for Astavians live not only with their brothers and sisters in faith, but for them as well. We come from all walks of life – rich and poor, broken and strong, sinners and saints – all united in common purpose to serve the will of God the Father Almighty, and build up his Kingdom on earth.

Where other countries, led so far astray by the vile cult of radical secularism, sneer and spit beneath a veneer of civility and intelligence as they find themselves threatened by the forces of change, we remain unmoved. For centuries our Union has stood, and by the Grace of God, for centuries more it shall remain. Empires rise and fall, republics form and crumble, entire civilizations grow up from the earth and slump one day back into the dirt from whence they came – but our Church has remained through the years…ever-flourishing, growing stronger. Today it stands tall, apart from the chaos of the earth. But how?

Despite what our enemies may think and the deafening roar of their propaganda may claim, the Church is more than just a taxable property. It is more than a band of belligerent bigots, or a coterie of cantankerous clerics. The Church is more than a building, a city, or a nation. A building can be burned, a book torn and shredded, a city sacked, and a nation razed – but a people? A people united by the love and will of Christ? Emperors have tried, kings and caliphs have done their damndest, ministers, presidents, and premiers all have endeavored (ever more creatively with the progression of time) to find a way, any way, to rid the world of what they perceive as “the Christian menace” – but to no avail. Failure after failure, they have all fallen short of their dream of our final, indisputable eradication; and we are proud to stand today as a testament to those failures, and remain a beacon of hope for those Christians engaged in a struggle for survival throughout the world.

Our enemies have proven themselves numerous in numbers, but they reek of a pungent fear. Various members of the League of Secular States, a degenerate cabal of brutishly anti-theistic governments who have coalesced for the single purpose of strangling religion wherever it exists in the world, have reared their heads to thunder and rage in hateful protest against the very notion of Christian nations banding together for the purpose of their own common defense. The fear – pathetic. The hypocrisy - laughable. But the determination? Dangerous. With one breath they preach and lecture the world on their high-minded “values” of religious tolerance and freedom from religion, and with another condemn dismissively the idea of theocratic rule – as if all theocracies were formed to be equals in tyranny and oppression! Politics of this sort is a graveyard littered with hypocrisy. Why, I ask, should a good theocracy be punished and a vile republic be praised? Do we live in such a time when the label a country carries excuses or negates all the evil or good it has wrought upon the earth? Why should the Social Democratic Republic of Ardoki, where the rights of men and women of faith to worship and convert freely are unduly restricted (and even banned in some cases), where young children are taught to belittle the faithful and view them as intellectual inferiors, be lifted up to the world as an example worthy of emulation, while our own nation receives nothing but international condemnation despite the services we have rendered unfailingly to the poor, sick, and destitute of the world – all because we are…a theocracy? The double standard would be laughably comedic if it weren’t so utterly enraging.

But the fearmongering does not stop there, dear brothers and sisters. “Shame, shame!” these secularists cry out in protest. Such an alliance of Christians, they claim, would protect “despotic dictatorship[s]” that decide to launch fearsome inquisitions, bloody crusades, or wars of terror to forcefully convert others. “Normally we would invade,” complained Zoboyizakoplayoklot’s State Chairman Veekan Yald, “but if they are a member of the CDP, we wouldn't be able to”. The Chairman’s stunning lack of appreciation for diplomacy as a means to achieve peace aside, what right has the League of Secular States (which has declared its intent on numerous occasions to eradicate theocratic governance entirely from the face of the earth) to define what constitutes “a despotic dictatorship,” when it is itself infested with members of such character and caliber? Perhaps I might have more respect and confidence in the LSS if I did not also have ample reason to believe that every theocracy on the planet would be in danger of invasion and annihilation were it left up to League members. At least, with the formation of the Avignon Pact, Christian political movements that we believe to truly be in keeping with the teachings of Christ would stand a fighting chance against the tyranny of these secular menaces!

Fear again is the culprit and cause for this injustice – for these “Secular States” fear what they do not understand, and condemn what does not “fit” into their view of the “proper” world order. They foam and froth and dribble and drool at the very mention of religion mixed with politics, but remain blinded to the failures and cruelties that exist so blatantly within the organization of their own political systems. It is saddening to see just how easy it is for these nations to jovially usurp the throne of judgment and condemn others for sins of the past. Perhaps, if they were to reevaluate their own histories, they would come to see themselves as we do – disgusting and damnable hypocrites, wholly unworthy of sitting in judgment of lowly common thieves, let alone entire nations.

Above all else, one simple fact remains. We do not see the world as these secularists do. Where they are intolerant of religious beliefs and encourage the use of violence against theocratic states, we are willing to accept the existence of people who do not share our faith. Our Pontifical Union has long been proud of its rich history of cultural, lingual, and religious diversity - and we most certainly do not intend to lose that in the future. We accept and even cherish the existence of non-believers within our national community, and are proud to say they are treated with the same level of respect, and afforded the same opportunity to live a life as prosperous as any other Astavian Catholic. We have never, nor will ever actively seek armed conflict with nations on account of their governing style, culture, or faith. But our kindness and mercy should not be mistaken as weakness. If the liberty and lives of Christians are threatened, either by the hands of a foreign invader or the oppression of their own government, there should be no doubt in the mind of the international community that we shall come to the aid of our brothers and sisters, and bring down the just and rightful destruction of whatever force that raised arms in violence against them. For this is our solemn vow - our holy promise, and to it, we pledge our sacred honor.

More From VNN
  • Latin Emperor Announces Support For "Avignon Pact" - Intends To Join [ 5929 views ]
  • Global Christian Persecution Watchlist: Where is it Worse to Worship? [ 5492 views ]
  • League of Secular States: Atheist Cigar Club, or Global Menace? An Analysis [ 4285 views ]
    Image Comments [ 6302 ] | Image E-mail

Image 6302 comments

Christos88 · 1 hour ago
Preach Cardinal Beraglio! I hope those anti-theist bastards heard every word! Avanti Astavia!

428 up · 18 down

Emily72 · 2 hours ago
Honestly, what did people think was going to happen? Of course radical secular states aren't going to like a pro-Christian defense alliance. Quite frankly, in the academic vernacular, "duh". #captainobvious #promotedtomajor

729 up · 103 down

-ACCOUNT TERMINATED- · 4 hours ago

26 up · 142 down
Last edited by The Swiss Guardsmen on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information