NATION

PASSWORD

NSG Senate Lobby (OLD THREAD, DO NOT POST)

A dignified resting-place for the greatest threads of all time.
Jerusalemian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Jerusalemian » Fri May 03, 2013 4:24 pm

SEND ME DA LINKS!

NSG Senate Administrators
Lobbyist

Founded: May 03, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby NSG Senate Administrators » Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey guys, this is the new account. Denecaep here. We're looking at having about six admins. I'm creating the new threads right now. They will be exact copies of the current ones, but these old ones will be labeled "old, do not post" in about five minutes.
This is the shared administration account for the NSG Senate. The current admins are Ainin, Beta Test, Geilinor, New Zepuha, and Maklohi Vai (Head Admin)
Applications | Archives | Lobby | Coffee Shop | Senatorial Database | Chamber | FAQ | Daily Life in Aurentina
USLP | CP | RG | MSP | NDP | NCP | LPA | RefP | CMP | IP
If you have questions or constructive criticism, send this account a TG.

Bleckonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 12, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bleckonia » Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Maklohi Vai wrote:
Bleckonia wrote:I'm thinking of starting a centrist political party geared toward independents and centrists. Anyone interested?

PARTY APPLICATION
Official Party Name: Civic Party
Brief Summary of Platform: Centrism, anti-Communism, economic liberalism, social liberalism, capitalism, mixed-market economics
Party Color: Green
One or Two Letter Abbreviation (like D for Democrat, R for Republican): NDP
Chairman: Bleckonia
Members
1. Bleckonia

Besides the anti-communism, it sounds very similar to the P-Cs.

The problem is that I've turned against the Progress Coalition. I dislike having our party associated with radicals like the communists and RGs.
Personal Views: Economic Right: 2.25; Social Libertarian: -5.90
Like: USA, Israel, Neoliberalism, Monetarism, Chicago Economics, Republicanism, ROC, ROK, British Unionism, Democracy, Secularism, Tolerance, Pro-Choice, LGBT rights
Dislike: Putin, PRC, Gaza, Complete Laissez-Faire, Authoritarianism, Communism, Anarchism, Monarchism, Iran, DPRK, Scottish Independence, State Atheism or Theocracy, Racism, Social Conservatism, Neoconservatism, Death Penalty
Senator Alexander Blec from constituency 225 (Ascheborg).
♦ Reform Party in the NSG Senate - Join Us Here ♦
IIwiki
Member of the Esquarian Community.
Political Parties I most support by country: US (Democrats), Canada (Liberals), UK (Conservatives), Australia (Liberals)

Geilinor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 20, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Geilinor » Fri May 03, 2013 4:28 pm

Bleckonia wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Besides the anti-communism, it sounds very similar to the P-Cs.

The problem is that I've turned against the Progress Coalition. I dislike having our party associated with radicals like the communists and RGs.

We can still vote as we wish on divisive issues.
Last edited by Geilinor on Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left: -3.88
Social Libertarian: -4.92
Proud member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Join the Progress Coalition Now!
Mavorpen wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I used to have a turret, a couple of them, actually, on my castles. Or did you mean Tourette? Which kind of actually means the same thing only in French and you what they say about the French, right?

I'm pretty sure turrets can use reasoning. If they see you, they shoot you. If they don't, they ask "are you still there?"

Aeken
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 12, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aeken » Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Bleckonia wrote:
Maklohi Vai wrote:Besides the anti-communism, it sounds very similar to the P-Cs.

It would only be the naive ones who would judge it just because it's in a coalition with the far-left. That doesn't influence the LD's at all.
OITNB <3

Maklohi Vai
Minister

Founded: Jan 07, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maklohi Vai » Fri May 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Bleckonia wrote:

If you consider the Red-Greens "radicals," Senator, then I believe you need refocus your definition of the word.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Aeken and Geil. Yay for unity!
Last edited by Maklohi Vai on Fri May 03, 2013 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"For the glory of our people, we govern our nation freely. For the glory of Polynesia, we help and strengthen our friends. For the glory of the earth, we do not destroy what it has bestowed upon us."
Proud Member of AO
Demonym: Vaian
-Kamanakai Oa'a Pani, first president of Maklohi Vai
-4.00/-7.85
Hosted: Maklohi Vai Baseball Tournament 1, WBC 27, Friendly Cups 7 and 9, co-host NSCAA 5
President of the WBC
Member: WBC, Olympic and WC Councils
Sports Factbook
Executive Council Member of the New Democrats in the NSG Senate
Organizer and Chairman of The Progress Coalition; President
Head Administrator
Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Lemanrussland
Senator

Founded: Dec 10, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Lemanrussland » Fri May 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Bleckonia wrote:

It's mostly there to bolster moderate proposals. I am also an anti-communist (not virulently, but I definitely don't completely trust them), but they are much more willing to accept compromise than any of the right wing parties (I have experienced this in the writing of legislation).

Regnum Dominae
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Regnum Dominae » Fri May 03, 2013 4:31 pm

Member of the Caninope Contingent. In other words, a room full of CIA interns tasked with stamping out negative views of the US.

Thought of the Moment (updated 4/21): Morality is NOT subjective. If morality is subjective, then the Holocaust must be moral due to its perpetrators thinking it was moral. "Morality is subjective" is simply a cop-out used by those who refuse to consider the very real problems caused by the naive assumption that all moral frameworks are (for lack of a better word) morally equal and should be given the same consideration. Socially-conservative legislation is not wrong because "morality is subjective". It is wrong because social conservatism reduces human happiness and well-being and is therefore immoral.

Previous

Remove ads

Return to Archives