NATION

PASSWORD

Why is abortion so bad?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
United States of Natan
Senator
 
Posts: 4574
Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Why is abortion so bad?

Postby United States of Natan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:10 pm

what is so bad about it?
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region! You won't regret it!
95% of people would cry if they saw JUSTIN BIEBER on a skyskraper about to jump. If you're the 5% that would be doing a happy dance, copy and paste this as your signauture.

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 168049
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:11 pm

You should give us your point of view on the OP. It's expected of the OP.
Namasté in Bed!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats֍Lettuce Cat is so Shaantipoorn, Dakky! <3
A Cat with computer and internet access||Say NO to the Oppression Olympics||A diva apparently and a d*ck. Kiss my paw?||RIP Dyakovo||No TGs
SQUIG #1

User avatar
Seskany
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 114
Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seskany » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Because it's done with vacuums.
Generation Glass. (The first time you see this, replace your generation with a randomly generated noun. Counter-social experiment.)
My new jam~

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:16 pm

It's not.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 96538
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Because babies or some such bollocks.
Amaat conceived of light, and conceiving of light also necessarily conceived of not-light, and light and darkness sprang forth. This was the first Emanation, EtrepaBo; Light/Darkness. The other three, implied and necessitated by that first, are EskVar (Beginning/Ending), IssaInu (Movement/Stillness), and VahnItr (Existence/Nonexistence). These four emanations variously split and recombined, to create the universe. Everything that is emanates from Amaat.

The flower of justice is peace.
The flower of propriety is beauty in thought and action.
The flower of benefit is Amaat whole and entire.
I am the sword of justice...

User avatar
Giovenith
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17492
Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Because some people seem to play a slideshow of pictures of babies to, "I've Got a Reason to Live" everytime they hear the word.

And you should give your own opinion in the OP.
~✰Supreme Cult-Leader Gio✰~
Lady Protectorate and Missionary of Ultimate Hidden Light and Unquestionable High Spiritual Consciousness

✎ Member - ℘ædagog / Art / Personification Life / I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
Rudeness is frequently mistaken for confidence and confidence for competence.

User avatar
United States of Natan
Senator
 
Posts: 4574
Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby United States of Natan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:18 pm

well, I for one think there is nothing wrong with it. in fact, an unborn child is sort of like a parasite, as it takes nutrients from the mother. and also, if it cannot survive on it's own (needs to take nutrients from someone else's body) then it is not technically alive. plus, as long as it is in the mother's body and takes nutrients from her, it is a part of her body. it can die if she dies. and what if a woman were to be raped, and from that rape, became pregnant and had no money to pay for the child? hmm? what then?
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region! You won't regret it!
95% of people would cry if they saw JUSTIN BIEBER on a skyskraper about to jump. If you're the 5% that would be doing a happy dance, copy and paste this as your signauture.

User avatar
Capitolinium
Diplomat
 
Posts: 715
Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Capitolinium » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:19 pm

United States of Natan wrote:well, I for one think there is nothing wrong with it. in fact, an unborn child is sort of like a parasite, as it takes nutrients from the mother. and also, if it cannot survive on it's own (needs to take nutrients from someone else's body) then it is not technically alive. plus, as long as it is in the mother's body and takes nutrients from her, it is a part of her body. it can die if she dies. and what if a woman were to be raped, and from that rape, became pregnant and had no money to pay for the child? hmm? what then?


Are you glad your mom didn't feel that way?
"The world is grown so bad, that wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch." -Shakespeare, Richard III

Vexillum Capitolini

Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 4.62

User avatar
Seskany
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 114
Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seskany » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:20 pm

United States of Natan wrote:... if it cannot survive on it's own (needs to take nutrients from someone else's body) then it is not technically alive.

YES IT IS YES IT IS YES IT IS BIOLOGY DOES NOT WORK THE WAY YOU ARE USING IT
Generation Glass. (The first time you see this, replace your generation with a randomly generated noun. Counter-social experiment.)
My new jam~

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 168049
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:21 pm

United States of Natan wrote:well, I for one think there is nothing wrong with it. in fact, an unborn child is sort of like a parasite, as it takes nutrients from the mother. and also, if it cannot survive on it's own (needs to take nutrients from someone else's body) then it is not technically alive. plus, as long as it is in the mother's body and takes nutrients from her, it is a part of her body. it can die if she dies. and what if a woman were to be raped, and from that rape, became pregnant and had no money to pay for the child? hmm? what then?


And some people consider the fetus a person and, when a pregnancy's terminated, they equate it with murder. That's why some consider it bad.

I don't see a problem with abortion. I think it's a woman's choice to decide what she'll permit happening in her body.
Namasté in Bed!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats֍Lettuce Cat is so Shaantipoorn, Dakky! <3
A Cat with computer and internet access||Say NO to the Oppression Olympics||A diva apparently and a d*ck. Kiss my paw?||RIP Dyakovo||No TGs
SQUIG #1

User avatar
Yankee Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 4186
Founded: Aug 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yankee Empire » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Some people think killing babies is bad.
Economic Left/Right: -6.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.05


Pro: U.S.,Diplomatic Militarism, Imperialism, Patriotism/Civic Nationalism, Cosmopolitanism, Stoicism, Authoritarianism, Classical Liberalism, Unionism, Centralization (usually), Federalism, Corporatism.
Anti:Tribalism, Seccessionism(usually),Decentralization,Pure Capitalism/State controlled economics, Misanthropy,Cruelty, Cowardice, Pacifism,Hedonism, Corporitocracy.
Vice-Chairman of the National-Imperialist-FreedomParty
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."-Carl Schurz

User avatar
Sun Tea
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 58
Founded: May 04, 2012
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Sun Tea » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:25 pm

To be a parasite you have to be a different species than the host. "The fetus is a parasite" is not much of an argument, biologically.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 96538
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Yankee Empire wrote:Some people think killing babies is bad.

Yeah, this kind of bollocks. There isn't even a baby involved.
Amaat conceived of light, and conceiving of light also necessarily conceived of not-light, and light and darkness sprang forth. This was the first Emanation, EtrepaBo; Light/Darkness. The other three, implied and necessitated by that first, are EskVar (Beginning/Ending), IssaInu (Movement/Stillness), and VahnItr (Existence/Nonexistence). These four emanations variously split and recombined, to create the universe. Everything that is emanates from Amaat.

The flower of justice is peace.
The flower of propriety is beauty in thought and action.
The flower of benefit is Amaat whole and entire.
I am the sword of justice...

User avatar
The Free Eurasian Union
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Eurasian Union » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Sun Tea wrote:To be a parasite you have to be a different species than the host. "The fetus is a parasite" is not much of an argument, biologically.

Yeah, it's much more like a tumor.

User avatar
New Istria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 113
Founded: Sep 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Istria » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:32 pm

It's not.

I mean I use to believe that it creates an irresponsible society, but I've come to realize that a woman should be allowed to engage in sex without fear of it destroying her career or life.
President John Flory

A Proud Citizen & Magister of the East Pacific


"Only the wisest and the stupidest of men never change." -Confucius

You better call Kenny Loggins, cuz you're in the DANGER ZONE!!!

User avatar
United States of Natan
Senator
 
Posts: 4574
Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby United States of Natan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Capitolinium wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:well, I for one think there is nothing wrong with it. in fact, an unborn child is sort of like a parasite, as it takes nutrients from the mother. and also, if it cannot survive on it's own (needs to take nutrients from someone else's body) then it is not technically alive. plus, as long as it is in the mother's body and takes nutrients from her, it is a part of her body. it can die if she dies. and what if a woman were to be raped, and from that rape, became pregnant and had no money to pay for the child? hmm? what then?


Are you glad your mom didn't feel that way?

my mom did not get an abortion because she had no need to. in fact, she and my dad were trying to have me. and there is nothing wrong with abortion. it is the woman's choice. and also, what if the mother could die from the pregnancy or birth?
Last edited by United States of Natan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then it's a lie. Everything Fox News says is a lie.
Even true things once said on Fox News become lies.
(Family Guy: Excellence in Broadcasting)

Come check out the Natan Region! You won't regret it!
95% of people would cry if they saw JUSTIN BIEBER on a skyskraper about to jump. If you're the 5% that would be doing a happy dance, copy and paste this as your signauture.

User avatar
Parhe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8003
Founded: May 10, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Why is abortion so bad?

Postby Parhe » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Cause babies don't ripen till after birth. :P

It differs but many times it has to do with it being considered life. I personally am against doing away with them since they seem to have a high chance of becoming a human by the time they are found out to be, well, developing. Well, higher chance versus a single sperm, egg, or carrot.

And for some odd reason I hold people as more valuable than most organisms I would kill such as plants(they count as organisms right?) certain insects and whatever. The only reason i really eat port of beef over human is that the former are more available as a food source(I really am not taking my time to kill a human when i could easily purchase a hamburger) and I do care about m reputation somewhat(I hear cannibalism is looked down upon by some parts of society). Also, last, I have in the past been able to get closer to humans than i have with a pig. But believe me, if I had to pick between a boney pig or big meaty human I would probably eat the human-unless I have bad history with the big and/or good history with the human.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

User avatar
Raeyh
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6275
Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Preventing people from being born in the first place is ethically the same as letting them be born and then killing them.
Last edited by Raeyh on Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Divair
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63434
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Divair » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Raeyh wrote:Preventing people from being born in the first place is ethically the same as letting them be born and then killing them.

Prove it.

User avatar
Parhe
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8003
Founded: May 10, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Why is abortion so bad?

Postby Parhe » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Raeyh wrote:Preventing people from being born in the first place is ethically the same as letting them be born and then killing them.

OMG this is so weird because i was sleeping earlier and you were in my dream. I was reading a thread and I saw your account making a lot of posts. That or it was in real life...I really am bad at telling the difference.
Hey, it is Parhe :D I am always open to telegrams.
BRING BACK THE ICE CLIMBERS

User avatar
The Free Eurasian Union
Secretary
 
Posts: 38
Founded: Sep 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Eurasian Union » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:37 pm

Capitolinium wrote:
United States of Natan wrote:well, I for one think there is nothing wrong with it. in fact, an unborn child is sort of like a parasite, as it takes nutrients from the mother. and also, if it cannot survive on it's own (needs to take nutrients from someone else's body) then it is not technically alive. plus, as long as it is in the mother's body and takes nutrients from her, it is a part of her body. it can die if she dies. and what if a woman were to be raped, and from that rape, became pregnant and had no money to pay for the child? hmm? what then?


Are you glad your mom didn't feel that way?

Why does this feel like an argument to some people?

No I am not. It is difficult to even conceive of having never been conscious, much less regret the notion.

User avatar
Sardine World
Diplomat
 
Posts: 686
Founded: Jun 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Sardine World » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm

its a good thing really

if we make abortion mandatory for all countries except the united states and norway, we can eliminate all the competition
Economic Left/Right: 6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.05
Updated 3/22/15

User avatar
Peoples Republic of Old Russia
Diplomat
 
Posts: 649
Founded: Dec 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Peoples Republic of Old Russia » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm

United States of Natan wrote:well, I for one think there is nothing wrong with it. in fact, an unborn child is sort of like a parasite, as it takes nutrients from the mother. and also, if it cannot survive on it's own (needs to take nutrients from someone else's body) then it is not technically alive. plus, as long as it is in the mother's body and takes nutrients from her, it is a part of her body. it can die if she dies. and what if a woman were to be raped, and from that rape, became pregnant and had no money to pay for the child? hmm? what then?


Perhaps you are still a parasite?
Colonies of the PROR:
Cape of New Beginnings (independent)
Weatherington (independent)
Luna Praetoria
Blackweather (independent)
Conshockton (independent)
New Springs (independent)
Stonewater (independent)
Saint Nova (independent)
Snowpoint
City-states of the PROR:
Kravchenkograd
Dimitrigrad

The PROR is a non-Communist people's republic.
Economic Left/Right: 3.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 2.46


"Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." -- Winston Churchill

User avatar
Seskany
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 114
Founded: Sep 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Seskany » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Okay, I guess I should sort of contribute to the thread instead of just saying, "OP, you don't understand Bio." So here we go!
Abortions ain't all that bad, IMO. I believe it is a matter of human rights for abortion to be available in cases of rape and incest, but personally I think it should extend further than that. My reasoning is that, while an unborn fetus has the potential to be a human being, until it has definite brain activity it should be considered a part of the pregnant person's body. While the final decision is up to the pregnant person, I believe abortion should be discussed with their partner if there is one, unless that partner is abusive or is otherwise unfit to input anything on the matter.

Done!
Generation Glass. (The first time you see this, replace your generation with a randomly generated noun. Counter-social experiment.)
My new jam~

User avatar
Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11454
Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:38 pm

United States of Natan wrote:what is so bad about it?


What's so bad about murder?
Geography of the RNI (MT) RNI Armaments Storefront (New!) Inyursta in a nutshell
On NS MT "Realism". - People who complain about Hard MT#InvadeArdoki
New Aeyariss wrote:he needs to find better arguments than "Do you beat your wife"

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Next

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Abserdia, Baidu [Spider], Blakk Metal, Conscentia, Conserative Morality, Dakini, Ethel mermania, Exabot [Bot], Galloism, Ganonsyoni, Grand Britannia, Great Kauthar, Haphazard Planning and Hope, Jumalariik, Kubra, Lalaki, Napkiraly, Narland, NEO Rome Republic, Neutraligon, Noraika, Renewed Imperial Germany-, Salandriagado, Serconas, Soldati Senza Confini, South Shellfort, The Holy Empire of the Spaghetti Monster, The New Sea Territory, The Supreme Magnificent High Swaglord, Theoreticka, Uiiop, Uxupox

Remove ads