NATION

PASSWORD

Motokatan Newswire (now seeking sponsors+comments)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Motokata
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Motokatan Newswire (now seeking sponsors+comments)

Postby Motokata » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:33 pm

(If you have a storefront you'd like to plug here, send me a telegram and I will write it in as a sponsored ad on Motokatan Newswire)

Local, International, Weather, Entertainment, Sports

Deadly Earthquake In North Tsugihara

Damage from the quake seen from the air

A strong 7.1 quake struck in the early morning hours in the small city of Tsugihara in the Taisho Provence, near the north Motokatan border with Perm Krai, early today, causing massive damage and an expected high amount of casualties. The quake began at approximately 7 AM forcing morning commuters to abandon their cars and run for safety as roads and highways began collapsing. At the Taisho Nature Preserve the surrounding mountain side eroded off and slid into the reserve, likely killing all animals and most of the staff working there. One employee who managed to escape the torrential landslide mentioned it looked like a giant ash cloud had shot up from the mountainside and berried everything in sight. Further into the city, homes and other small less structurally sound buildings collapsed and caved in, trapping or killing occupance. Search and rescue crews are working tirelessly to rescue anyone who may be still alive, but outlook is grim in some areas.

a small girl struggles through the wreckage of the streets

"It's just so terrible!" says Noriko Tsugimara (pictured right), local resident. "This is the worst quake I've ever seen. We have no food or water or heat, and much of my family is still missing." Tsugimara recalls waking her daughter for school just as the whole house began shaking.

"I ran to her and grabbed her and threw her under the desk. The whole roof was caving in around us. Snow and ice was falling ontop of us. As to what happened to my son and my husband and my parents, I still don't know!"

© Motoktan Newswire

The quake knocked out the only power plant in the city, a coal plant first designed in 1976 and not up to more recent earthquake standards, leaving the whole city without any power. With temperatures remaining at -1° C (30° F) during the day and nightly lows at -12°C (11°F) danger from exposure is greatly increasing. Motokatan officials are racing to send portable heaters and adequate shelter tents for the residents but getting the supplies on the ground is proving to be an issue. The winding canyon roads leading into the city have become impassable, and the large volume of derbies along with the local geography of the large ridged hillsides and high mountain peaks makes landing aircraft very difficult. Helicopters are able to make supply drops but in very limited quantities and sizes and there's already been a few accidents.

"In these mountains, strong crosswinds and downdrafts are not uncommon," Says S&R Worker and chopper pilot. "this can cause a fatal crash in a matter of seconds if we don't pay attention to conditions. Our loads have be enough to make sure we don't consume too much fuel too quickly and that we can gain sufficient altitude."

And with Tsugihara already sitting at 10,000 feet choppers have a tough time getting through the thin air to deliver supplies. One helicopter crew was killed when their engines stalled out and their helicopter crashed into the nearby mountainside. Military vehicles which can get over the slides in the mountain roads as well as any deep snow have been deployed and should be arriving early tomorrow morning, in the meantime the city has scrambled it's Earthquake Response teams to deal with this ongoing disaster. This earthquake marks the third major earthquake this year. Two other quakes shook around Motokata city in early May causing some damage but no casualties. Aftershocks are expected to be felt through Motokata and into Perm Krai, the government cautions people not to panic but be prepared. The Motoktan Geological Association (MGA) has stated they have no reason to believe another stronger quake will hit anywhere else in the immediate time to come. "It's often thought that quakes travel in cycles down a fault line, well we really don't have anything that suggests any activity of that sort along Motokata's fault lines. We live in a earthquake prone area and we have to always be prepared."

Last year a massive 8.7 quake struck the Southern Coast of Motokata causing a massive Tsunami leading to 15,867 deaths along the coast and other areas inland. It was the third worst earthquake in Motokata, falling behind the 1898 Great Motokata Quake which decimated Motokata City, and the 1909 Central Motokta Quake which hit the heartlands of Motokata. At present the Tsugihara quake is looking to break the top 10 of the list but this remains under consideration by the MGA after casualties and damage cost have been assessed.

Top 10 Deadliest and Destructive Earthquakes

Rank Year Location Strength Casualties
11898Motokata City, Motokata Unknown 820,000–830,000 (est.)
21909Central Motokata 7.0 (est) 316,000 (est)
31944Hangzhou Region 6.5 285,000
42011Oda-Kanagawa Provenience, Motokata (Pattaya, Motokata City, Kanagawa) 8.7 15,867
51988Minase, Motokata (Nagano Provence) 6.8 12,000
62000Haiyuan (Fei Wang Provence) 8.0 11,520
71998Khlong Yang (Ko Lanta Provence) 6.8 10,815
81966Occupied Myakka-East Motokata Corridor, Rinami Range 7.2 5,200
91990 Myakka-Motokata Corridor Rinami Range, Rinami Outpost (East Corridor) 6.5 1,400
101930Misaki Township (Kanagawa Provence)Unknown 1,121
Last edited by Motokata on Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Entertainment

Postby Motokata » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 am

Motokatan Judge Booted from Talent Show?

Chieko Nakayama

Motokta Pop Sensation, Nuo Chia-Hsuan (pictured above) has just announced on her blog, that her bid to be a judge on the anticipated talent show, The Voice of NationStates was apparently dropped for "unknown reasons," she stated. Hsuan's music label, Inferno Records which was also co-sponsoring the event has pulled out as a result of the unannounced drop.

According to her blog, Hsuan was apparently "not informed directly" and discovered the information through "looking at the current judges lineup." The recording agency did not give comment as to why Hsuan was denied as judge nor if they knew she was apparently dropped from the roster despite her application being approved late July. Hsuan also voiced her unhappiness about the situation.

"I really was looking forward to being apart of a great show and helping young and upcoming artists finding their dream of performing. So I am a little sad that I'm not going to be apart of it."

Fans of Miss Hsuan are crying foul on blogs, tweets, and fansights alike. Statements being thrown out saying things like

She deserves better!

Clearly racism!

How does a retired wash-up like Ŋóʃé Szokaczsky get accepted over a fresh new young talent?

Added to the fiery war of words fans also calling for boycotting the contest, according to WE LOVE Nuo Chia.com. The opening news bullieten even reports on the story with a very clear statement: Don't watch the competition don't give them the ratings

MBS-i which carries this program as well as X Factor and World Hit Festival has presently not announced if it will cancel the program even with their biggest sponsor pulling out.

According to Competition Officials, judges were picked on their notoriety and experience in the industry of music. No official statements about the dropping of Hsuan or any potential others were announced from contest officials on the main page. Still with a large pool of contestants from all over the world it seems unlikely the fans cries will do much to change the situation.

-

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Continuing Earthquake Coverage

Postby Motokata » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Stateholder Tours Disaster Area, Young Mistress Does her Part

Stateholder Kaori Oda-Sparrow (Pictured above) has begun her tour of the earthquake disaster areas in Taisho Provence and the hardest hit Tsugihara city to assess the damage and best formulate a plan to quickly get relief to the afflicted area. Madam Kaori began right into the quake ravaged city of Tsugihara visiting the shelters, talking with survivors and wounded as well as military aid workers on the ground. Promising quick and speedy relief, despite obstacles, and met with Provence Governor Manamu Kojima and City Mayor Hinata Muto.

On site of her visit, Stateholder Oda authorized a 2.5 Billion Dinar relief package for the Provence and has mobilized full military action from around the country to search for survivors burried in ruble. Presently the casulaties are estimated 900 and counting, the MGS is predicting this quake will make the top 10 of Motokata's deadliest earthquakes.

Meanwhile, Mistress Yui Oda-Sparrow (pictured left) has begun her own way of helping, already showing her future leadership skills. Mistress Yui has rallied her schoolmates to begin collecting much needed cloths, coats, and other supplies for those affected by the disaster.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Land Leased To Lamoni

The Governments of Motokata and Lamoni struck a new deal to lease land on the island of Uthai Thani which is situated some 500 mi (80 km) southwest of the Motokata mainland, for a military base to be controlled under Lamoni. Uthai Thani is an incorporated island province of Motokata's Government and is home to over 1,379,338 people. The deal was worked out in a private meeting between Motokatan Stateholder Kaori Oda-Sparrow, Motokatan Executive of State, Koh Otani, Motokatan Executive of Defense Lamonian President Andrew Stinson, Lamoni Foreign Minister Vardo Greene and Lamoni Defense Minister Tanya Ley over the course of the day, negotiating plans and working out payment agreements. Under the deal Lamoni agreed to pay a grand total of $161,850,274,480 to take the South Eastern portion of the island to forge new military installations for Army, Naval, and Air usage. In addition to this, Lamoni also has the privilege of bringing in Lamonian business interests to the island all tax free.

Uthai Thani already houses three Motokatan Naval Stations as well as one midway station for Motokatan Airways. The island is mostly economically based in agriculture, consisting of fisherman, farmers and other smaller shops that cater to locals and tourists. The island was one of the worst affected during the 2011 Earthquake and Tsunami as well as this year's Typhoon Misawa. Foreign Minister Greene also hired a local to work staff for her

"Our goal for this new deal is to build stronger relations between Motokata's Armed Forces and Lamonian's Armed Forces." Madam State Holder told to the press today. "And these new installations for Lamoni can bring new economic opportunities to Uthai Thani."

President Stinsion commented on the new deal saying "This is a great new venture between our two nations. We can cooperate in learning new military practices, military research and development and economic cooperation between our two nations. We also have the added benefit of further contact in Xanadou and to better serve our other ally, AHSCA."

After the Heads of State gave their thoughts the Executive of State and Foreign Minister had their time to speak to the press. Ohtani further complimented the building relations between Lamoni and Motokata as a result of this deal. "Times of adversity and trials we can better serve each other. Our militaries can learn more and we can better prepare for conflict, should it arise."

Greene had more to embellesh in her speech complimenting the island, "When I first landed on the island I saw a beautiful environment and landscape, I saw hardworking men and women in their day to day routine. And of course I found one sweet young lady wanting to work hard and make a living for her self. Over the time she's been working for me, I've learned more and more about her home island here and I felt it was a perfect place to Lamoni to establish a military presence on."

The Defense Ministers didn't comment to the press but were shown to be talking to each other following the conference. Though much of the plans have been laid out there's still some undeclared details, such as joint intelligence operations between Motokata's Office of Intelligence and Lamoni's Intelligence Agency, leading internet sites to buzz with rumors or various cloak and dagger stories. Construction is set to begin by the end of the month with work contracts shared between Motokatan and Lamoni.
Last edited by Motokata on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:28 pm

SPORTS NEWS

An Exciting Day in Major League Baseball today as The Honshu Wolves overtook The Olyan Pikanics in a come from behind victory at 10-5 in the 9th inning. The Wolves scored an impressive five runs at Oda Stadium and managed to win the game even with the threat of rain looming. The star of the game was Yukito Tsumagi who scored an impressive two home runs during the 4th and 9th innings which brought the Wolves to victory. The crowds went wild during Tsumagi's homer as he rounded the bases in stride scoring the final point of the game. In addition one lucky fan managed to grab the winning ball and get it autographed. Nine year old Sung-yun Park who has never missed a game became the luckiest boy in Motokata when he reached out with his glove and caught the fly ball. Tsumugi autographed the ball for Park after the game and even bought him a new bag of peanuts that Park dropped when he jumped up to grab the ball.

"This is what it's all about for me," Tsumugi said "The love of the game and the love of the fans. I played my heart out tonight." The victory against Ganosia puts Motokata one step closer to the World Series Finals, an honor Motokata hasn't had since 1970. While Baseball is a popular sport in Motokata, the season usually falls under Motokata's monsoonal period which more frequent rains and tropical storms batter the country.

In the Minor Leagues news, the Women's team The Bengals of Miyazaki held strong against their grid iron rivals, the Ugajin Shearwaters, in a nail biting game that came down to the wire. The two teams were neck and neck trailing one or two points behind each other each inning until the Bengals scored a three strike knock out of Shearwater batter Mina Kubota then scoring a double play against batter Mei-Ly Young who was tagged at first and runner Makiko Yamanka tagged at third. With the change of outfield and infield positions the Shearwaters managed to score the two runs needed to win the game.

In College Ball, Sisavangvong University Wildcats went up against the Nonghyeop Daehakgyo (Agricultural Cooperative College) Bears in the annual "Battle of the Sexes Game", where the women's and men's teams compete for the grand prize.

Khun Lo was first to bat for SU and managed to hit a fly ball into left field and round out to third base. Two more successful hits scored two more runs for SU before the team was sent to the outfield with the tagging of runners Pa Kao Her and Tsuyoshi Tamanashi, giving the ND Girls the chance to show their stuff. No doubt working in the fields of her family farm has paid off for the team's first to bat Kang Ji-hyun as on the second pitch she hit a towering 400 foot (121 meters) home run.

In the end it was The Bears who were victorious over The Wildcats in a final score of 12-8. Kang agrees that no doubt these farm girls had the upper hand with their days of physical work to boost their strength and stamina to win the game. "Aah farming rice takes real strength and that strength gives me batting power which is why I hit that grand slam!"

Turning to Netball News, The so called Holy Wary began between the Malay schools, Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin and Islamic Society Institute in a competitive game with ISI scoring the victory in the Fourth Quarter.

It was a shutout game between Imperial and Motokata's national teams as Imperial officially "schooled" Motokata about the popular game. Imperial's national team beat out Motokata 10-0. Kaori Oda-Sparrow has said she's dissappointed by the crushing defeat but says her team will be back next season as good as ever. No word if Jack will be couched tonight as a result of the loss against her husband's home of Imperial.

While Kaori may not have been able to grab a victory, her daughter Yui sure did in Motokata City High vs. Horikawa Boarding School the girls teams had just as strong of a battle but it was MCH for the win with a victory of 12-8/

Weather can't keep Beach Volleyball down as Motokata's national team went up against Soryanastan's national team. The girls of Motokata's Southern Port City of Pattaya went against the girls from Soryanastan's Ratnapura battled it out in the hot sand and sunshine for the Championship and in the end it was Pattaya that took the gold medal for Motokata. Team Captains Rui Kuroki and Amolika Aurobindo congratulated each other at the end for a game well played and both gave high praise for each other.

"Team Soryanstan gave us a real run for the money we played our hardest out there. Amolika Aurobindo knows how to get her girls to maneuver around the court."

"Team Motokata has real athletic talent and Rui Kuroki takes as much to physical conditioning and motivating her team as her coach does."

Team Coaches have also vowed for an eventual rematch between the rivals and praise their teams on playing a good game.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:12 pm

WEATHER

Weather report from Marie Chou:

A change in weather patterns are brining clear and sunny skies across Motokata with warm and humid conditions. Good day for sports and other outdoor activities and a dry week is expected with continuing clear skies for the next two days, with some increasing clouds after that. Chances of rain remain at a low 10% which keeps it from making a damper on any plans or your commutes. A region of High Pressure will be sitting off the Southern Coast blocking most Monsoonal moisture. Tropical Depression D is likely to continue on a Southwest track grazing by the Philippines but not likely to make landfall anywhere or form into a full tropical storm as it will be hitting opposing shear soon enough.

Your Seven Day Forecast:

Last edited by Motokata on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:59 pm

Students Help In Crime Awareness

Students Talk To Metro Rail Patrons About Vigilance

An Estimated 1 in 10 young high school students ages 15-18 will become a victim of a violent crime in Motokata City. 1/3 of these crimes unfortunately go unreported to police or even family members. It's estimated that the rate of assault victims increased from 19.3 per 1,000 persons to 22.5 per 1,000 in the last year, according the Center of Justice. With this Police have gotten out into schools everywhere to increase awareness and have asked students to help their fellow students as well as their community. Students have started hitting the pavement around the city spreading new awareness about the importance of safety in vulnerable areas, such as the Motokatan Metro Rail stations.

"The rail stations can be very dangerous at night," Says student Minako Shiba "I'm usually scared to go down there alone at night due to how few people there are late at night."

Shiba and her fellow classmates passed out Police Information flyers with important tips and telling patrons to help by being aware and calling police in an emergency.

"It's very important for people to be always aware of their surroundings," Says Detective Shino Kotobuki "A predator likes to catch someone with their guard lowered and not paying attention. Most assaults end in robbery but a few more serious assaults end in rape or even homicide."

According to police most violent crime tends to happen late at night usually after 9 PM. In Motokata City places these frequently happen include the Metro Rail, Empty Parks and Rec Areas and other places that tend to be out of the way. Police have stepped up by increasing patrols and stationing plane cloths officers around.

In the event one should stumble onto a crime in progress the best thing to do is to call for help immediatley as well as make the assailant aware of your presence. "We want to catch an assailant but we want someone to not get hurt. If you can fight off an assailant do so."

In response to the increase crime wave, citizens are increasingly been purchasing fire arms and other defense mechanisms. Some like Shiba have taken up Self Defense courses.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

International Headlines

Postby Motokata » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:11 pm

INTERNATIONAL NEWS

Drought Continues To Grip Eeri

MABINOGI-The Nation's worst drought in decades rages on into month 13 with less than 10 meters of rain for the month falling. As a result of the ongoing drought in the Northern and Southern Portions of the country (Excluding Gansoain Controlled South Colony) food prices are going up but selling prices for struggling farmers are going down as cattle and crop yield is at a 20% lower yield than the previous year. Eeri legislators continue to debate the "Farm Bill" which should bring financial relief to farmers especially those who have loss crops and livestock due to prolonged drought conditions. However some have lost crops to other factors such as wind, fire, or hail which leaves unanswered questions to the debated Bill. Farmers in Eeri argue they too should be protected as they are part of the overall loss, other legislators disagree feeling too much entitlement will render the bill ineffective to help those in desperate struggle of financial relief. National Days of Prayer for Rain have been called around the country of Eeri and student unions have been pitching in to help where they can.

Besides the agriculture industry, drought has also brought some misery to the cities as increased temperatures have lead to a hot summer and water rationing in the cities. Golf Courses have had to cut back on morning watering times leaving brown patches in their grass and holes in their business profits. City and town Neighborhoods have had to let gardens die and weeds overtake yards. Because of the increase priorities of water rationing and decrease in aesthetic beauty, property values and real estate demands have sunk 10% President Peterson of Eeri has vowed to continue to help the people who are suffering from this drought and has begun discussing viable alternatives such as re-appropriating oil pipelines from South Eeri to carry needed water to the North by utilizing desalinized water from the Gulf and harvested rainwater. Until such deals can go through however it's still a matter of hoping for much needed rain in Eeri.

--
Takato Katou, MNW International Corespondent

Fighting Breaks Out in Asser and Kissimi

Angry protests dissolved into chaotic riots as hundreds of thousands of Muslim citizens flooded streets today in the towns of Asser and Kissimi, in the eastern coast of Kena, on Friday. The protests started after a Muslim teenager said she was humiliated by police officers in Asser when filing a complaint regarding her Christian teacher, whom she claimed raped her. According to the girl, who's full name is not published for privacy reasons, the officers named her "Dirty Muslim, prostitute and other names," and told her to take off her Hijab because she was "Not modest anyway".

With no further action taken, the girl left the station and went onto inform her parents, two highly respected members of their community, of the incident. The girl's father told the story to his close friend, Imam Zahir Abed Samsinni, and asked for his assistance. The Imam spoke about the case in his daily radio program, mentioning this was a repeating situation, and he hears similar stories almost on a daily basis. His speech left a strong impression on its listeners, and within hours thousands were protesting in front of most police stations in the region. Soon, the police lost control of the protestors, and the angry mob started braking windows in government buildings and Christians' shops.

Around midnight, local time, protesters started leaving the streets, and it seemed like things had calmed down. However, around 04:00 AM, local time, a group of fifty armed assailants broke into a monastery in a Christian neighborhood in Asser, killing thirteen people and vandalizing the place. Later, they entered one of the surrounding buildings, and took its residents, six families, hostage. Around the same time, a smaller group attacked a police station in Kissimi, killing five cops and injuring six. Soon the fighting spread, and while police was still gathering reinforcement, self proclaimed "freedom fighters" were attacking government and Christian centers around the region. By dawn, bullets could be heard anywhere in the city. In the first hours of the attack, over a hundred civilians and policemen were killed, while only three or four freedom fighters were reported to be killed.

Early in the morning, Imam Muhammad Abu Abdullah, head of the Asser and Kissimi Muslim Separatist Organization (AKMSO), published a message on the organization's website. He praised the fighters and said they will not stop until there are no Christians in Asser and Kissimi, and declared that a major action will be made soon. Minutes later a mighty explosion was heard in the diplomatic area of Kissimi. Emergency forces that arrived at the area discovered that the luxurious "Palm Tree" Hotel which houses many diplomats and government officials, has been blown up. Fire fighters and medical crews that arrived at the scene were attacked by snipers located on nearby roofs, unable to help those injured from the attack on the hotel.

The attack on "Palm Tree" was a sign for many residents that AKMSO has the power to achieve its will, and soon many Christian families and government officials started evacuating the regions. By noon, over three fourths of Asser and Kissimi's small non-Muslim community was gone. The less wealthy, who couldn't afford leaving, had to watch their neighbors depart and stay at home as the situation worsened.

During the day, Kena was gathering its forces for an invasion that would stop the fanatic terrorists and restore peace. At 18:40, when the air force was about to start an attack on the rebels, all preparations suddenly stopped, and police forces were told to leave the two regions at once. Fighting stopped immediately, and indeed, in the following morning most local policemen and their families left.

The president of Kena soon gathered a press conference. "It is with great joy," he said, sounding anything but joyful, "that I announce the ending of the long lasting conflict between Kena and the citizens of Asser and Kissimi. The lives of our brave soldiers are more worthy than that cursed land. In the next days, any loyal Keanan citizen who wishes to move from Asser and Kissimi to Kena would be able to do so. After that, the border would be closed, and we shall never have any further relations with this new nation."

--
Emily Robyin-Watanabe
MNW International Corespondent

Massive Hurricane Takes Aim at Ilha de Serenidade

The Motokatan Meteorological Agency and the the island nation of Ilha de Serenidade's Ilha Tempo Serviço are forecasting a strong category 5 hurricane barreling down on the mainland within the next few days. With no signs of weakening in the open water, a full force storm is expected and citizens have been evacuated from vulnerable areas and placed into shelters further inland. Tourists have been evacuated from the island nation as the storm moves slowly into Alverca. Hurricane Jordana (MMA: Typhoon Jordana) is the 8th named storm in the Xanadou region this year and will be the first to make full landfall on Ilha in the active hurricane season. It's also the strongest storm this year. Damage estimates are already going up and both the MMA and ITS stations are predicting tens of billions in damage on the capital city. Other models are differing as ITS predicting casualties at 1,833 MMA is predicting far grimmer tolls at ≥ 19,325. Motokata is preparing to send out monetary aid to Ilha once the storm has passed but Ilha has rejected any requests to allow military personal provide relief. Ilha has reached out to the international community for assistance with one other nation responding.
--
Taishiro Naka
MNW International Corespondent

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:13 pm

"I'm Gay" Wealthy Heiress Drops Bombshell

Motokata got the shock of their lives as wealthy Heiress and Model, Yuri Sakamoto (pictured above) announced her long held secret, she's really gay. Sakamoto is the daughter of Billionaire Yusuke Sakamoto, the and CEO of Motokata First National Financial, the largest bank in Motokata (founded in 1860) and great-great-great-grandson of Touya Sakamoto the founder of MFNF.

"I've dated a lot of men," Yuri said "But I knew all along it wasn't really a man I've sought it's been a woman I've wanted all this time. I never fully came to terms with my identity until now."

As his only daughter, Yuri was entitled to inherit the bank from her father and become the next generation to run it, although she would be the first under a new name but now that's all changed since her coming out. Yusuke angrily storming away from the press hardly had much to say other than "No daughter of mine is a fag!" Before locking himself up in his office for the remainder of the day.

Under the condition of the Sakamoto Estate, the eldest child must inherit the family institution following their marriage. However the staunch, traditional and pious family never had to deal with the prospect of not only a female heiress but one who is also gay. Yuske Sakamoto is known for his very strong stance on "Traditional Marriage" and Right Wing Conservative Values and has vowed to disown his daughter unless she seeks Spiritual counseling. Yuri Sakamoto has said she won't take her father's threats lying down.

"I'm 25, I'm an adult and legally able to make my own choices. I'm also old enough to seek legal action to return the Estate to me. I will also be seeking my new future wife out, a girl to love and cherish the rest of my life"

"Yuri's courage is inspirational," Said Tomomi Urameshi President of the Motokatan LGBTQ Society. "She faces a lot of challenges in her future but she's going to do us all proud. To have such a woman of great power and position will blaze new trails for our society in the future."

No doubt Sakamoto is going to be flooded with even more letters from adoring fans begging for her hand in marriage, Yuri says this is nothing new.

"I've gotten letters from girls before telling me they're in love. I always wrote back to those especially. Girls like me, too frightened to be who they are because their family doesn't feel that way. I'm lucky, I have enough wealth and privilege to make it, others do not."

Attorneys representing the Sakamoto estate have already filed claims to remove Yuri from the Estate and cutting her off from the living will. Representatives of Yuri are planning to fight this. Sakamoto has meanwhile asked for everyone's prayers and encouragement.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:32 pm

Luziycan Government May Strip Rights for Disabled

BETHLEHEM-The Luzyican Government is currently in debates over Bill S0198-12 to repeal rights for the disabled people of the Christina Republic. If the bill is passed it will repeal Section 48 of the Constitution of the Christian Republic of Luziyca of 1863 which gurantees rights to the "retarted man" and the bill further states that the disabled will in essence, be stripped of all rights and that they would become "property." The bill was proposed following a study conducted by the Luzyican Central Intelligence Agency and Department of Homeland Security stating disabled were more likely to become communist and thus a threat to national security.

Under the bill, Social Workers are deemed to ignore the disabled and cases of abuse, funding for special education will be cut, sanction the murder of the disabled, outlaw the rights of suffrage, and pay $250,000 every day of life. Disabled children up for adoption will be given to foreign parents and forced abortions will be mandated for known pre-existing conditions of a fetus.

It's no doubt The proposal will spark heavy outrage from the international community nations are already sending in condemnations and it isn't know if any military action is being proposed against the Republic by any other nations though Motokata's government has said no action will be taken it is asking businesses to boycott and cease operations with no legal mandate demanding it however. Currently there .01% of Motokatan nationals living and studyin abroad in Luzyica and it's colonies. The National Center for the Disabled in Motokata City has expressed outrage over the bill stating "it's a travesty to human rights everywhere and are hoping for a swift WA Condemnation.

--

Junko Kaname
International Correspondent

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:33 pm

Cleanup begins after Typhoon Xiamen

Nong Chang-The Island Provence of Uthai Thani Island is cleaning up after a strong Class B Typhoon (SSHS Category 2) hit the island last week. The storm packed winds at 170 km/h and dumped 150 mm of rain causing heavy flooding. The main city Nong Chang and the surrounding military facilities took a heavy hit from the storm but other rural villages didn't fare much better off either. Casualties reports 60 people have died from the storm and two dozen have been injured and are homeless. The Lamoni Military and Motokatan military are pitching in to help. With runways swamped and derbies everywhere mainland relief operations likely won't be able to arrive by air for the next week.

Citizens meanwhile are counting on the help from stationed soldiers to help out in the clean up and search and rescue operations so far efforts are proceeding as normal despite the direct hit at the main military instillation for the Lamoni and Motokatan Joint Command Ops base. "Most important thing now is to help get things back to normal as quickly." Says Motokatan Commander Basuki Matsumoto. "After a disaster like this time means everything and we're working around the clock to restore power and other needed supplies and get paths clear for the mainland to reach us."

While air travel may be unobtainable for now, ports have been reopened and will be able to receive ready aid from outside sources but ferry service remains suspended for now. Shelters have been set up around the island in hard hit areas to get people. Others are able to go home with receding flood waters mostly in the provincial capital. Weather is expected to hold for rescue and cleanup as warm sunny weather is sure to help but medical personal urge people to stay hydrated and stock up on fresh water if returning home before power is restored. Chief Medical Officer, Mugi Kotomi has cautioned the public. "Temperatures are expected to reach highs in the mid to high 30s added to a 90% humidity level it's very easy to suffer heatstroke in those conditions, which is why we urge people to remain in designated shelters until further notice."

But for some families, returning home is important.

"Sooner my little ones and me can clean up the sooner we can get back to normal." said resident Yingluck Jira with her four children at her side. "We've seen a lot of storms in our time some worse than this just gotta keep on going every day." Damage estimates to be in 200 Million Dinars.
Last edited by Motokata on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:30 pm

Hime Becomes Top Grossing Film of All Time

The latest film from Miyuki Umino Hime (姫) (Princess) has gone on to become the highest grossing film in Motokatan history at an impressive 2,782,275,172 Dinars beating out the 1980 film Voyage of the Dawn Treader (朝びらき丸 東の海へ)* which grossed 934,416,487 Dinars by 1981. Despite concerns of the films length at 3 hours 20 minutes (cut down from a length of 3 hours 45 minutes). The film is based on a 1960 novel by the same name by Chikane Asakura (1922-1990) which details the seedy world of a "Mafia Princess" named Mao, as she learns the ways of the family business and being a teenager with money to throw around. The novel was set in 1940 but the film got a modern make-over to include the world of drug trafficking and the sex industry all current issues that face Motokata today. Umino the film's writer and director said she wanted to give the film a contemporary backing and feel to it to attract the modern audiences to it.

"During the 40s things were different in Motokata, we were an emerging industrial nation and power and the world of organized crime was far more limited to individual provinces. By today's standards with modern technology quick and ready transport the world has expanded so greatly." The film features an all star cast but one newcomer to film, Setsuko Yamamoto who has been known for her work on TV and in magazine advertisements and one brief voice role in Umino's anime series Noble Slayer, a lose take on infamous Ganosian noble woman, Dolores Killbourne. Yamamoto said she was drawn in when she caught a glimpse of Umino's script. "This is a character not older than me and she has so much power and influence in crime it's very frighting. I've been wanting to break into film for some time and I knew this was my chance." Yamamoto said she had to audition five times to convince Umino she was right for the part, beating out over a dozen other girls for the role. Critics are impressed and even stunned by her performance calling it the most amazing performance from this young actress.

The rest of the cast and crew also recived just as much praise and acclaim from critics and audiences, who are calling this Umino's best film. Producer Nobura Sawada, a long time partner with Umino is excited to see the film do so well. "I'm very proud of all of us, I knew Umino had a strong vision when she set out to do this film and I knew she would deliver a great product and I'm so happy audiences are loving it everywhere."

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Motokatan Newswire Staff

Executive Producers

Chairman of the Board: Masao Fukuyama (Motokatan Broadcasting)
Chief Executive Officer: Akira Matsumoto
Chief Financial Officer: Haruki Nakayama
Chief Creative Officer: Shigeru Honda
Chief Operations Officer: Naoko Kamiya

Reporting Staff: Angel Hang (general)
Alyssa Silver (general)
Ami Tsubame (general)
Yuuki Souma (anchor)
Yuko Iawa (anchor)
Marie Chou (weather)
Tsubame Kaname (entertainment)
Choi Yoon Jeong (crime)
Min Lee Kim (business)
Kim Li (agriculture)

Senior Staff Meteorologist: Mika Makino
Staff Meteorologist: Eri Sang

Staff Writers/Researchers: Atsuko Kawamura
Atsushi Yoshida
Hideaki Tsukioka
Hiroyoshi Iida
Yona Il-sang
Young-jee Park
Syong-hun Wei
kyong-suk
Kaorin Fujimoto
Hitoshi Inaba
Kazue Kinoshita
Koji Nishida
Masahiro Naoi
Masayuki Uchiyama
Mayumi Naito
Mika Takahashi
Miki Yoshihara
Miwa Sakai
Miyoko Nakano
Setsuko Nobuzane
Shigenobu Nagasaki
Shigetaka Kiyoyama
Bang ta Sun
Gong Li
Zhy Zhen Yu
Taichiro Ohara
Takashi Asakura
Tomoko Fukui
Syaoran Li
Sakura Li
Tomoko Ito
Toshio Deguchi
Kwon Jong Won
Lee Ki Doo
Yeum Sun Kyu
Yasuhiro Yamaguchi
Yoshitaka Yajima

Video Editors: Yingluck Shinawatra
Nat Sakdatorn
Chookiat Sakveerakul
Natthaphong Samana

Graphics: Sun-Moon Graphics Studio, Ltd.
태양 - 달 그래픽 제한
Pyeongyang, Gyeonggi-Motokata
Last edited by Motokata on Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 pm

WEATHER

"Well we had a pretty wet week with quite a few thunderstorms some more heavy than others. But now we can expect a good period of dry conditions. We have high pressure building in over the country now and that will keep all low pressure systems away from us thus keeping out the rain. But we can also expect some very warm conditions with temps hitting into the 30s we may even peak at 40 with the heat index. The high pressure will remain with us for a couple of weeks, maybe three it's a little soon to tell what it's going to do, then it will move out and a storm front will move in bringing rain again. Still enjoy the hot sunny weather, hit the beach girls pull your bikinis and guys the swim trunks, hit the beaches, pools, rivers wherever there's cold water and just enjoy. But for those working remember with the high heat and humidity it's very easy to dehydrate so drink plenty of fluids. And for the farmers perfect time to haul crops and herd livestock but just remember stay hydrated. But really safe to say you can put the raincoats and umbrellas away for a while and enjoy the sun. Now region weather overall, pretty calm pretty quiet there is a major storm to our south though so please if you are heading south watch out for that system there. AHSCA experiencing some heavy tropical monsoonal rains right now, Kurona looking nice and pretty with fair weather so all in all pretty average conditions this time of year for the region.

But let's also take a look out just to the west of the Philippines,

You can see this cluster of swirling clouds right? Well that's a tropical wave which is the very early stages of a tropical storm. And by our estimates and models it is looking like it has the potential to gather it self and become a full tropical storm maybe a typhoon. If it gets to full typhoon strength by this week that will become Typhoon Asuka, that's right we are back to A names as there are no Y or Z names of this season. Now Asuka it could very likely hit the Philippine islands probably Luzon Island there. BUT and this is a BUT it could stay a wave for a while pass over the Philippine islands gather strength in the Motokatan Sea and THEN become a typhoon but of course it could just dissipate but our models are indicating good conditions for this to become a full tropical storm if not a typhoon. Typhoon Asuka will also be known as Cyclone Anh by the Myakka Meteorological Weather Center. Either way just stay tuned and keep tabs on the storm to see if it will impact us in some way. With the good weather right now, no air or rail delays to report out of Motokata things are running on schedule. Overall we have a few solid weeks coming up we're going to keep a good eye on that wave developing off the Philippine coast hopefully it will meet with some interference but for now really looking like another storm is due soon."
Last edited by Motokata on Thu May 09, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:22 pm

'PLA Inc is a puppet' according to Nonsensical Claim by Luzyica

EERI-Eeri's popular retail company known as Prairie Land Apparel (MESE: PLA-E) is fighting off some bad press spread by the notorious Luzyican press The Constitution which has claimed the company is really a puppet operated by the Swilatian government. PLA's board of directors quickly refuted the claims saying they are a product of a smear campaign due to the company's refusal to do business within the nation due to their deplorable human rights history. PLA's demands of a retraction were largely brushed aside by more attempts of propaganda saying it has inside connections to the Eeri Government and Eeri Stock Exchange which is just as nonsensical even to claim the labels clearly say 'Made in Swat' which they don't.

Motokatans are responding by flocking to PLA stores to get the latest in fashion in a nationwide 'Buycott' and a boycott of any Luzyican products that may remain in the nation. Investors in Motokata are sympathetic to PLA's bad press and offering to expand investments in the company. One Yuri Sakamoto who has been getting plenty of press lately has said she is willing to put money into the company to expand it's operations in Motokata and buy plenty of cloths her self. "Miss Santana has a true heart for social justice, and PLA deserves praise for it."

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

NEW BRIEFS

Postby Motokata » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:27 pm

Minor Earthquake Disrupts Dragon's Den filming

A 5.0 earthquake shook up high in the Rial Mountain range yesterday where acclaimed director, Junichi Hosoda is busy working on his next film, Dragon's Den the next action packed martial-arts thriller in the Dragon franchise. The quake interrupted filming forcing cast and crew to take cover and watch for falling derbies. "The shaking just came on all of a sudden." Co-star Midori Katsumoto told MNW "In the middle of a take we felt shaking and quickly got back into the safety of the open but we were still worried about trees and other things falling onto us. I'm glad it wasn't much worse." Other crew members report all is fine with them and no injuries reported and damage was minimal. This isn't the first time a natural disaster interrupted filming of Hosoda's Dragon franchise, during production of The Dragons (1980) Typhoon Mio swept sets and props away and during production flooding disrupted much of the second unit's work in Gunazhou. And again during the making of The Dragon's Shadow Typhoon Pakpao disrupted filming. One would think with the incidents that happen it would shake up director Hosoda but you can't keep his spirits down. "I actually consider these good luck." Hosoda laughed "Each time we've had something interrupt Ive worked it into the movie." Filming will resume shortly and Hosoda promises the film will be out on schedule. The earthquake was centered near Mako Peak and shook up the nearby village of Mako but no other damages or injuries have been reported.

Tense Moments for Air Eeri Flight

An Air Eeri Jet taking off from Motokata City to Mabinogi experienced some very tense moments when it lost power shortly after takeoff. Loaded with with 306 passengers and crew aboard; the plane in all likely seemed doomed to catastrophic failure however the saving grace came thanks to a backup feature known as Ram Air Turbine (RAT), a small propeller-driven, rotary engine which generates its own power due to the speed of the airflow around the plane to which it is attached. More simply: the approximately 500 m.p.h. wind turns the propeller blades and the system stores the energy. Connected to a hydraulic pump and electrical generator, it creates a small, self-sustaining source of power…enough to supply a massive airliner with the minimal power necessary to maintain basic controls such as lift and steering. The plane is still a powerless glider with no engines, but hope has been restored. The plane was able to come in for a bit of a rough landing but only minor injuries were reported from passengers. The airline is investigating the accident.

Philippines takes a hit by Asuka

Tropical Storm Asuka moved across the Southern Philippines, with a sustained wind speed of 85 km/h (50 mph) and dumping 150 mm (6 in) of rain in the region. 10 deaths are blamed from the storm and hundreds more are homeless as a result.

Aid agencies in Motokata are responding quickly to provide financial and personal aid to those afflicted by the storm and officials are hoping matters do not grow worse as typhoon season kicks off into full swing. Tropical storm Asuka while not expected to intensify is likely to affect parts of Motokata in the next week and people are quickly trying to prepare for the oncoming storm. In Serenidade-Shizukesa dependency people are boarding up and hauling in their catches now. Uthai Island is also preparing for the potential of another storm impacting the island though officials there are hoping it will miss them. The project storm path will take Asuka up into the greater Musashi-Oda Provence likely impacting Motokata City. Tropical Storm warnings are in effect for the eastern seaboard of Motokata and outlying island dependencies.
Last edited by Motokata on Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:37 pm

Massive Cleanup of Guanzhou Begins

SHAISHIMI-HOSHINO PROVENCE-Following one of the most controversial moves by the Motokatan Government with the execution of Operation Spear Point, finalizing in the destroying the city of Guanzhou located on the borders of Shaishimi and Hoshino provinces following years of heavy drug trade activity and violent insurgencies toppled off by the deadly Oda-Kanagawa Provenience, Motokata which also afflicted much of the city. A joint mission between stationed Imperial troops and the Motokatan Military a series of airstrikes against the city have left 95% of the city in complete ruin. Few remaining citizens were killed as many were evacuated or had deserted the city but The Government has cited the death of Toma-Jao Shiri a known drug kingpin and fugitive.

The Government has been keeping quiet on the exact details of the operation but want to former residents to know rebuilding will happen and hopefully the city can bounce back from it's long struggle against crime and poverty. Mayor Yingluck has said she's very optimistic rebuilding will bring new chances to her home city and Provence.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Tattoos and Other Body Art Becoming Popular Among Females

No doubt culture has a way of changing, evolving, progressing and regressing through out periods of the time, now in Motokata's culture of women and young females in general, tattooing and body art is now taking a feverish grip. A matter which used to be taboo of showing exposed inking of one's body it's now becoming a growing trend of getting tattoos and other body art some as much as covering the entire forearm and backside and others in other unmentionable places. Traditionally seen as a male thing the para dime is shown to be shifting as more and more females ages 16-26 are inking up their skin. "The most popular and most requested is usually sakura flowers." Tattoo artist Gato Urobuchi told MNW. "Girls love the sakura patterns and it's becoming my most requested by girls."

Model appropriately named Sakura Kaname (pictured top) who posed for Akiyama Mechanics Monthly is often cited as starting the trend. Kaname however has her doubts. "Akiyama Mechanics is really a magazine for men but not many men are really getting more cherry blossom tattoos. I think girls are just changing and wanting to express themselves in a new way, breaking old traditions and taboos." Kaname notably went against the wishes of her agency, Tsunami Talent, her parents but getting a large sakura tattoo on her back and posing for it in Akiyama. "I just loved seeing what artist can do with the skin and I really wanted something new to show off. I've never been one for piercings. I just love the aspect of body art."

Regardless of who started the trend the results are undeniable. "When I went into business the first time I think I saw 2 women for every 40 men." Urobuchi said "Now it's 15 women for every 20 men." Another odd trend Urobuchi has picked up on is while the rates for women have been climbing it seems the rates for men are declining. "Trends come and go, I'm not worried but i am enjoying my new female clientele."

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm

Motokatan Airways 1482 Crashes in Motokata City Harbor; All Aboard Reported Safe

A scary few moment unfolded for MAW flight 1482, on route from Giang Minh Province in Eastern Motokata to Motokata City, as it was preparing to land at Motokata City International Airport the plane experienced a problem forcing the flight crew to think quickly and find a new landing destination. The plane entered airspace at 7:55 PM Local time and was cleared for landing when the mayday call went out from the plane. ATC tracked the plane in a hard stall falling dangerously fast on a direct collision course. In just enough time the captain was able to pull the plane from the stall and glide it into the water making for a rough landing but averting a greater tragedy. All aboard the plane survived with only some minor injuries reported. No exact details are known just yet to what cause the plane lose control but the airline and the independent watchdog organization, the Airline Safety Review Commission are looking into the organization. The Airline has said it will cooperate with the ASRC as well as the Government to report on the accident. The president of the airline is expected to make a statement in the next few days and will continue to report on the investigation. The crash may have come at a bad time upsetting a 10 year accident free streak from the airline and as as the airline continues to expand operations globally including adding brand new planes to the fleet. As typical of procedure the airline crew is not currently speaking to the press about their experiences but passengers are.

"All of a sudden we just dropped!" Says one female passenger who wished to remain unnamed. "It was really scary and I thought we were going to die for sure. When we landed in the water I didn't feel any better because I can't swim either"

"We piled onto the wings," Another passenger, Tatsuya Katou said "And boats and other rescue craft came for us. Some were just local fishermen looking to help out."

Reports are expected in the next two weeks.
Last edited by Motokata on Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:44 pm

Final Report on MA1482 Published

The Airline Safety Review Commission, Motoktan Government and the airline have all published their final reports regarding the crash of Motokatan Airways Flight 1482 which crashed into Motokata City Harbor two months ago. The two month investigation concluded a combination of factors helped bring down the plane as it prepared to approach the airport at 7:55 PM local time. While en route from Giang Minh Province in Eastern Motokata to Motokata City the plane had experienced a band of thunderstorms extending to an altitude of around 50,000 feet (15,000 m) limiting flight crews abilities to move around or above the weather fronts. Flying through the weather likely caused icing on the pilot tubes which would have lead to inaccurate measures from instrument readings. Icing is also said to have interfered with the systems to control altitude and pitch of the plane which sent it plummeting at a dangerous speed. The Airline also found Captain Cheng acted in full regards to her duty and likely saved the lives of everyone aboard. Passengers only reported minor injuries from the hard landing in the bay and most of the employees are back to work.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:59 am

Last edited by Motokata on Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Weather Outlook and Day Forecast

MIKA MAKINO - SENIOR METEOROLOGIST

"Well Motokata it is that time again, time to hunker down, get the umbrellas and raincoats out because the winds have now shifted and are coming out of the east which means the monsoonal rains are upon us. Taking a look at the satellite now down to our south we have an incredible sawth of storms moving east. The south can expect to get pummeled and saturated with a lot of rain this coming weekend. Rain will easily top 2 meters in some areas which will very likely cause flash flooding around streams and rivers so please be careful out there advise local forecast warnings if any go out and if driving, avoid flooded roads take some extra time and find an alternate route. Here in Motokata city expect the same as the rains reach us. High winds are also likely going to be apart of this system moving on through.

Now we can expect this trough of storms to move through slowly over the next few days so expect rain most of the weekend but some good news is once this has passed it will be clear at least for a little while. But remember the season is just starting so expect frequent storms over the coming months.

Let's take a look at the almanac, today's high was a balmy 31 so pretty warm day even with cloud cover, pretty humid today 88% humidity so very damp. We're about average for this time of year and you can expect with the rains to cool of just a little but that humidity will be through the roof high. Later tonight we can expect rain showers with a high of 23 so cooling down tonight.

Tomorrow will be nice and warm and sunny so a bit of a calm before the storm. By Thursday expect the early bands of the storm to start reaching as rain will develop late in the day and Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most likely Monday we will see ample rainfall. Temperatures will likely climb into the high 20s even with the rain fall. Tuesday we should see a break and dry out for a short while but we still will be keeping our eyes to the West for a while to see what comes next. Looking to the regional waters it's calm all around not much other activity aside from our corner of the world, temperatures in the Philippines are warm and skies are sunny so if you need to get away from the rains this week you might want to head there. As for those up in the higher elevations slight chance of some snow at or above 4500 meters for those in the mid elevations expect the same rain and watch for mudslides. Most of the monsoonal moisture is going to be retained to coastal and inland Motokata so outlying islands such as Uthai Thani or the Ummah Islands you will remain mostly dry as well but do watch for those stray thunderstorms to blow in. Stay dry everyone. "

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Today's Headlines

Postby Motokata » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Cosafe Robbery

There was a robbery at Motokata City Cosafe Cafe and Restaurant today, police say a masked man entered shortly after closing time holding the staff up at gunpoint and taking the contents of the register and office safe. Overall the bandit made off with about 1500 Dinars of profit from the establishment plus daily tips gathered by the working staff. No patrons were inside and no staff were harmed. A spokesperson for Cosafe issued a statement about the robbery "The staff all acted appropriately, they complied with his wishes and as a result no one was harmed. It's our policy to have a safe working environment for our staff; robbery is one of the circumstances planned for and trained for. It's our policy that the staff always comply with an armed assailant and let him be on his way quickly. The money is insured."

Last year there were two robberies at other Cosafes with no injuries from those incidents either.

Bangal Tiger Player, Koshiro Tamashima was struck by a fastball in yesterday's game against the Phantoms. A time out had to be called to give an examination of Tamashima and he was reported fine but had to sit the rest of the game out. He's expected to make a full recovery.

The Special Protections Department made an arrest today against an alleged stalker of Mai Aihra, daughter of Executive of the Treasury, Akira Aihara.

S.P.D. reported that an undercover agent had been trailing 30 year old Tang Ya Trang who had become obsessed with the young teenage girl and had been reportedly spying on her for some time. A raid on Trang's residence found manifestos, love letters, obscene pictures downloaded from the net and even photos of young Aihra. Trang is being charged with stalking and threatening of a public official's family member. The Aihra family and State Holder Oda has said they are relived the man was caught and compliment the work done by S.P.D.

Heavy monsoonal rains have been leading to flash flooding in many cities including Motokata City. Yesterday the water level was reported to have been as high as two meters in some areas of the city leaving motorists and pedestrians stranded. Rivers in some parts of the country are reported to be at 12% swelling over their banks leaving deluge in their wake and two drownings are blamed on the floods. Public officials say this water rise is common during heavy rains and typhoons and urge the public to use caution. "If a roadway is flooded don't try to cross it, turn around find an alternate route. If flash flooding is reported in your area best thing to do is be ready to evacuate or stay at home if needed."

While flooding has some concerned others continue about their daily business. "These do happen often here in Motokata." A woman told our reporters "All you can do is just grit your teeth and deal with it."

Meteorologist Say a break in the monsoonal pattern is coming but until then be patient. In the meantime these areas are under heavy Flood Warnings Motokata City Provence, Giang Minh Provence, Hangzhou Provence Haiyuan Provence. Flood Advisories are out for the Philippine and Java Regions as well.
Last edited by Motokata on Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Weather

Postby Motokata » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Eri Sang - Staff Meteorologist Reporting

"Well some good news is here we are drying out from the monsoonal storms. We are still in season but we have high pressure building in over the region and that will dry us out and deflect any storms coming from the west. Everywhere from here in mainland to the rest of the Motokata Minor will be feeling some warm and sunny temperatures for a good week maybe more we'll have to see. BUT there is a spot of bad news with this, because the winds are now going to be deflected southward that will keep the air stagnant and let temperatures and humidity to really rise. For some areas in Motokata this can cause a temperature inversion and allow haze and smog to build in which can create some bad air quality for sensitive groups.

Another spot of bad news is take a look out to the ocean here, you see a typhoon here! It is an off season typhoon which is rare but not unheard of either. It's early to say if this typhoon will make it to Moto Minor and even mainland Moto with the Philippines right in it's path in particular. Now during the monsoon when we have the winds and the Low trough those winds will usually shear apart any typhoons that's why we don't see them often at this time of the year in Motokata. The Typhoon right now is a Class A that is a Category 1 to some, it is likely to strengthen. But again it's early yet so it can swing or fall apart if something chances. It's bad news considering the deluge we've been in but with some hope it will stay away but if it does reach us it will be here within three weeks time so might want to start taking precautions now, get started on refreshing your supplies, have a plan if the worst does happen always be prepared for these storms. So sometimes we catch a break but it's a short lived victory. Let's hope it will miss us. For MNW I'm Eri Sang in for Mika Mikano"

Motokata
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Motokata » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:33 pm

MNW Special Report: Day with Yui Oda

Ever wonder what goes on in the daily life of Yui Oda? Our Angel Hang has the story.

Being a young growing teenager in such a high profile position is never easy. Being the daughter of the State Holder is often deemed just as hard as being the one in charge. For 15 year old Yui Oda (Sparrow) she has come to realize this as well. In a country where the family functions as a Monarch the stress is stacked knowing one day she too will be taking her place as head of the whole country. But for now, Yui enjoys her time as she goes. With her days in school she does her homework, she plays games with her younger brother, Koji, she tries her hand at culinary delights with the family stewardess, Makiko. She goes shopping with friends and she relaxes in her pool with her family's pet tigers at her side.

"A lot of people ask me do I get stressed, do I feel scared do I feel anxious about when the time comes and I'll be in charge and sometimes I do. But my mother has taught me ways to relax so anytime I feel I get nervous I just do what she taught me."

Yui and I spent a day together which begins with waking up in the morning to get set for school. Breakfast with her siblings, their live in Nanny, Yurippie and often her mother and step-father as well as other live in guests. A morning breakfast is usually about anything but the matters of the state. It can be anything to discussing school activities to family vacation plans. The young members of the Oda family and associates attend M.C.S. 118 the largest school in downtown Motokata City encompassing grades K-12. A 7 hour day with 45 minute periods and a 45 minute lunch period. You'll notice no extra security detail is set around Yui other than what the school has already provided in staff security.

"I don't like having large bodyguards hovering over me, it makes me and several others around me very uneasy. It doesn't make mother happy but it's what I insist."

"You don't fear for your safety at all?"

"Not really. What happened with my brother years ago is why the SPD agency now exists. They don't need to hover over me to protect me or anyone else in my family."

It is suspected SPD Agents work undercover within the school and various venues that any members of the Oda family frequent but SPD does not comment on that subject. Yui is shown to be quite popular and well liked with her classmates as they greet and socialize before the school day starts and during the course of the school day,

"I'm social, I love talking to people I have fun. Sometimes I might get a little trouble by talking in class. *laugh* Texting too sometimes we text if the lecture is just really boring."

Ever conscious of her looks, Yui adjusts her makeup often but completely removes it for her phys ed class. She has a large makeup case which she keeps in her locker and loves to offer tips to other members of her classmates. "A lot do ask me for tips because they love the way I look. I love the attention I get but I try not to get vein about it. I always think anyone can be naturally beautiful if they really try at it. I'm full of tips about it. I think my best subject in school has to be PE ,if that counts. *laugh* I'm athletic but I don't really play on teams I just enjoy being physical like swimming or running a little. Many don't see me as the type but I think I can attribute to my mother. She grew up on a farm so she's also very physically fit. and I'd get to spend a lot of time on my grandparents farm."

With the school day ending, Yui and her friends once again assemble into their pact and head out to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. The things they do can vary on various days but today they are going out for mid-afternoon tea at the nearby Cosafe. As regular patrons they take to their normal booth and talk.

"We just hang out we'll talk about anything, boyfriends, plans for the weekend what to do later what movies we liked and hated what's on TV, just normal things. It makes me feel pretty normal which also keeps any stress I might get from being a sort of 'princess' down."

Today has ended and Yui set her self for bed a hot bath and another begins a similar routine but things change. Today, Yui sits with her mother for an afternoon tea. Their conversations again are pretty ordinary but occasionally Kaori gives Yui advice about future plans and how to handle situations that can arise.

The same day, Yui also pays a visit to one of her aunts, a miko in a shrine outside the town of Taka.

"I love my aunt's dedication to being a miko I think it takes a lot of work and a lot of faith to be a clergy. I don't feel I'm a religious person it's never been big in my own house but my grandmother is so I get it."

When another day comes, comes the weekend. Extra time for Yui to spend with her friends. Today's plans include a weekend trip up north into Taisho. An afternoon meal at a restaurant. "Soba noodles, I love it." The chilly climate of the north mountains give Yui a craving for hot soups.

"Crack a couple of eggs and dig in. Slurping is not polite as mother tells me so I try not to do it but I do sometimes." Her friends all order their unique dishes and today's meal is on Yui her self. "We take turns paying the bill for wherever we eat out. Today is my turn, next time it will be Tsubame's."

After a couple of hours dining, drinking and chatting the girls hit the road once again driving another hour to the Suzukawa Hot Spring Resort, a popular destination for tourists and locals alike. This is the off season of tourism, so the resort is mostly empty. It's midday and the temperature is a chilly 1°C
(35°F). "It's always cold up here and I love coming to soak in the hot springs. I especially love when it's snowy out but it's summer so not much snow this time of year. It's great to escape the heat of Central or Southern Motokata."

With the day closing the girls settle into their room for the night time flies as they giggle and chat before eventually deciding to sleep. "Once we were quite loud and the manager did have to get mad at us. We try to be quiet. It's why we like to come during the off season when there's so few guests."

The weekend to be spent includes more than soaking in the hot springs it also includes seeing all the sights of Taisho, an afternoon hike into the foothills surrounding the high snow capped peaks. "One day I'd like to actually hike into the mountains but it's kind of dangerous if you aren't experienced or prepared. We're just here on a weekend trip so we stay in the low foothills which still gives us a really good view of the village. With a telescope you can see down to Motokata City."

Some time for picture posing as the girls take snap shots of each other and I offered to get a single group photo of them together. *"Saikō no tabi!"*
The weekend closes the girls pack up and return to the city. The days for Yui include everything from ordinary to extra ordinary day by day.

"The one thing I'm hoping for in the future is to be as great as my mom when time comes and I'm named head of the state. I'll keep practicing and studying hard."

for MNW this is Angel Hang, Motokata City.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates