NATION

PASSWORD

Jewish Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

You are a(n)

Orthodox
5%
Modern Orthodox
4%
Conservative
11%
Reform
9%
Atheist
53%
Nonobservant
8%
Messianic
9%

Total votes : 936

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Jewish Discussion Thread

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Welcome to the Jewish Meshuganim Thread! This thread is for the discussion of Jewish topics, for Jews and gently gentiles who wish to chat! In addition, it is meant to unite the NS Hebrews, and members of the Tribe together so we can all know each other!

We have a chat room at http://client03.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23nshebrews&server=irc.esper.net

Post away Meshuganim!
Last edited by Arborlawn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
An eye for an eye and the whole world's blind. That's why you take both eyes and run.

Economically: Left / Right: -10
Socially Libertarian / Authoritarian: -7

Menassa
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:02 pm

*sigh* I suppose.... though I do despise them, you should put Messianic Jew in your poll but only if you want too.

I was an orthodox Jew but now I am an Atheist-nonobservant-Apikores.
Remember what Amalek did to you on your journey --- Do not Forget!
Their hollow inheritance.
This is my god and I shall exalt him
Jewish Discussion Thread בְּ
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"God said: you must teach, as I taught, without a fee."
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Menassa wrote:*sigh* I suppose.... though I do despise them, you should put Messianic Jew in your poll but only if you want too.

I don't consider Messianic Jews to be Jews, unless of course, *sigh* their mothers were . . .

Gross. Fine.
An eye for an eye and the whole world's blind. That's why you take both eyes and run.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:11 pm

Arborlawn wrote:
Menassa wrote:*sigh* I suppose.... though I do despise them, you should put Messianic Jew in your poll but only if you want too.

I don't consider Messianic Jews to be Jews, unless of course, *sigh* their mothers were . . .

Gross. Fine.

Yeah those happy-go-lucky rabbi denying denizens do fall into that category.

On the subject of conversion.... do you believe an orthodox conversion is the only way to go?
"A missionary uses the Bible like a drunk uses a lamppost, not so much for illumination, but for support"
"Imagine of a bunch of Zulu tribesmen told Congress how to read the Constitution, that's how it feels to a Jew when you tell us how to read our bible"
"Against your will you are formed, against your will you are born, against your will you live, against your will you die, and against your will you are destined to give a judgement and accounting before the king, king of all kings..."

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 pm

Menassa wrote:
Arborlawn wrote:

Gross. Fine.

Yeah those happy-go-lucky rabbi denying denizens do fall into that category.

On the subject of conversion.... do you believe an orthodox conversion is the only way to go?

Well, it depends, really. First of all, I hate how there are so many denominations. I wish there was just one type. But, not really. I believe there needs to be one standard process for conversion that all rabbis follow. It is ridiculous that you can convert Reform yet not be married in Israel. It is also ridiculous though that just about anyone can convert reform.

The Wacha
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Wacha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Well I am here I am a reformed Jew It's been tough as said in the chat room.

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:17 pm

The Wacha wrote:Well I am here I am a reformed Jew It's been tough as said in the chat room.

Good to see ya!

Are you Ashkenazi?

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:18 pm

Arborlawn wrote:
Menassa wrote:Yeah those happy-go-lucky rabbi denying denizens do fall into that category.

Well, it depends, really. First of all, I hate how there are so many denominations. I wish there was just one type. But, not really. I believe there needs to be one standard process for conversion that all rabbis follow. It is ridiculous that you can convert Reform yet not be married in Israel. It is also ridiculous though that just about anyone can convert reform.

Well I'm all for Jewish Unity..... as long as we do it my way :lol:

The Jews have never been more united.... then again perhaps in the time of Solomon

During the temple times we were killing each other, oy vey!

The Wacha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wacha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Arborlawn wrote:
The Wacha wrote:Well I am here I am a reformed Jew It's been tough as said in the chat room.

Good to see ya!

Are you Ashkenazi?

I am not

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:21 pm

The Wacha wrote:
Arborlawn wrote:
Good to see ya!

Are you Ashkenazi?

I am not

SEPHARDI?

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:22 pm

Menassa wrote:
Arborlawn wrote:

Well I'm all for Jewish Unity..... as long as we do it my way :lol:

The Jews have never been more united.... then again perhaps in the time of Solomon

I see by the Mother Knows Best State. Are you female? Or is Mother Knows Best State different from Father Knows Best State?

The Wacha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wacha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:22 pm

wrong again

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:23 pm

The Wacha wrote:wrong again

Mizrahi?

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm

Arborlawn wrote:
Menassa wrote:Well I'm all for Jewish Unity..... as long as we do it my way :lol:

I see by the Mother Knows Best State. Are you female? Or is Mother Knows Best State different from Father Knows Best State?

Nope I'm all male.... all the time.... but I do have a queen so that would make sense.

The Wacha
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Wacha » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:26 pm

it's fun messing with you guys I am Ashkenazi

Arborlawn
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arborlawn » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:27 pm

I thought so. We need to get Evraim here.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Hello. I am a Christian, but my ancestors were Jewish.
1 John 1:9

Soviet Italian Union
Envoy

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Italian Union » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:32 pm

I'm an Orthodox Jew (more specifically, the Neturei Karta organisation).

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 pm

Soviet Italian Union wrote:I'm an Orthodox Jew (more specifically, the Neturei Karta organisation).

That's just lovely.

Nordengrund wrote:Hello. I am a Christian, but my ancestors were Jewish.

Which ancestors?

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Menassa wrote:
Soviet Italian Union wrote:I'm an Orthodox Jew (more specifically, the Neturei Karta organisation).

That's just lovely.

Nordengrund wrote:Hello. I am a Christian, but my ancestors were Jewish.

Which ancestors?

My great- great (maybe a third great) grandmother.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Menassa wrote:That's just lovely.

Which ancestors?

Maternal or Paternal.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:36 pm

Menassa wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:

Maternal or Paternal.

Maternal.

Menassa
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Menassa » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:37 pm

Nordengrund wrote:
Menassa wrote:Maternal or Paternal.

Maternal.

Which would mean that she gave birth to a daughter who was Jewish.... who gave birth to a daughter who was Jewish.

Nordengrund
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Nordengrund » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Menassa wrote:
Nordengrund wrote:
Maternal.

Which would mean that she gave birth to a daughter who was Jewish.... who gave birth to a daughter who was Jewish.

Yes, but we did not find out she was Jewish until she died.

Oterro
Post Marshal

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Oterro » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:39 pm

genital mutilation, why?
we, unlike the bourgeoisie, have nothing to lose and therefore our expression will be the only honest one, our words will be the only challenging ones and our art will be the one revolutionary expression. We need new noise and new voices and new canvases to become something more than the last poets of a useless generation.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General