NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Islam"

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

[PASSED] Repeal "Liberate Islam"

Postby Jeux II » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:16 pm

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nations of Justice4Islam, The Kaaba, and Iron bark as having been under the control of raider nation and former delegate of NAZI EUROPE, "Oh My Days," when they were used to pass this resolution,

NOTING that the actions of Oh my days corrupted the good intentions of the nations which passed the liberation, which supposedly sought to protect it from foreign forces that threatened the region members' rights as an independent community,

BELIEVING that, if Islam is to be truly “liberated” from all threats to its security and is to build a stable and legitimate community, the region must have the capability to lock itself down and refound to attain a new, “native” founder nation and to free itself from its inactive founder nation which was controlled and subsequently (and deliberately) eliminated by Oh My Days,

THANKFUL that Oh My Days did not claim the region in the name of NAZI EUROPE when the region was refounded, though noting that, if Oh My Days was to restore the nation which refounded Islam and take control of it once again, Oh My Days could demolish the region entirely or use it for the nation’s own agenda,

AWARE that members of the region have unsuccessfully attempted to repeal this liberation in the past and seeking to achieve for them what they wanted but were unable to attain,

HEREBY REPEALS “Liberate Islam.”

Co-authored by A mean old man
Last edited by Sedgistan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
Always here and always bored. -_-
Wait I have an idea! Entertain me with your words!

Always loving Pacifica!

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:18 pm

I did this in a little of a hurry, but feed back would be very nice. Thank you.

Always loving Pacifica!

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I'll like evidence of a persistent, identifiable native community there first. All I see for months is a squabbling rabble, which any upstart either torn down by infighting or burns out into inactivity faster than a firefly.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:38 pm

We are not just talking about the current community but all that have come and gone within the time of the resolution.

Always loving Pacifica!

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Tag. I'll have plenty of input tomorrow.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Noted.

Always loving Pacifica!

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:28 am

Do the residents of Islam want this repeal?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 am

It was then that we learned that AMOM is none other than Oh My Days, and this is a massive conspiracy to conquer Islam.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 am

Cinistra wrote:Do the residents of Islam want this repeal?

Did the residents of Islam really want it in the first place?
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:56 am

Mahaj wrote:

Did the residents of Islam really want it in the first place?

The liberation? Didn't they?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Cinistra wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Did the residents of Islam really want it in the first place?

The liberation? Didn't they?

No. It seemed more of just the nations that OMD controlled within Islam that wanted the liberation when reading over the TGs.

Always loving Pacifica!

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:26 pm

Jeux II wrote:
Cinistra wrote:The liberation? Didn't they?

No. It seemed more of just the nations that OMD controlled within Islam that wanted the liberation when reading over the TGs.

I see. Do they want that liberation repealed now, then?

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:32 pm

I have been trying to contact the delegate, but given all the facts of why the liberation was placed there in the first place I don't see why not. Plus, most of the active communities that have come and gone in Islam all have ended up wanting the resolution repealed anyway.

Always loving Pacifica!

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:53 pm

The repeal would have got more weight if we could got a statement from the residents, either by TGs to the author, or statements here on the forums.

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:40 am

I'm waiting on a reply if it ever comes.

Always loving Pacifica!

Faith of the Five
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Faith of the Five » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Having resided in Islam for a long time I would point out that as the current administration has not been in place long and as has been amply pointed out the lengths nations will go to in order to cause grief to the region it is my opinion that should the liberation be repealed at this point it will only enable the region to be purged of any natives that remain.
I would suggest a waiting period of 3-6 months at least to see if the region can gain any stability.
Oh My Days could very well be the current delegate or me for that matter.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:06 pm

Interesting. We can take that as a "No", then?

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:49 pm

I've edited part of this, I'll finish it by tomorrow.

EDIT: Still working. :(
Last edited by A mean old man on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Carta-
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Carta- » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:07 pm

I'm for this.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Hahaha. The residents (by which I mean someone that could call the region "home" - natives) got up and left a long time ago due to the constant stream of invasions that embroiled the region. There are no residents of that region as invaders effectively killed them off.

AGAINST. This will only further reduce security in the region. With it now not being easy pickings as one of the last largish founderless regions, there is little need for the removal of the liberation resolution to proceed. Further, the fact that no natives have been consulted on this (because there are no natives) is a sure sign that this should not be contemplated.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Eist wrote:

Hahaha. The residents (by which I mean someone that could call the region "home" - natives) got up and left a long time ago due to the constant stream of invasions that embroiled the region. There are no residents of that region as invaders effectively killed them off.

AGAINST. This will only further reduce security in the region. With it now not being easy pickings as one of the last largish founderless regions, there is little need for the removal of the liberation resolution to proceed. Further, the fact that no natives have been consulted on this (because there are no natives) is a sure sign that this should not be contemplated.

By your logic, there shouldn't be a liberation there in the first place if there is nothing to protect. And besides, you are messing the main point of the proposal. The resolution needs to be repealed because of the problems within it. If a new liberation of the region is needed, then a new one will be written but on better terms and the right mind set instead of the ill hearted way the first one was written just to hand the region over to OMD.
Last edited by Jeux II on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Always loving Pacifica!

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Changed a number of wordings, removed some redundant clauses, removed some R4 violations.

The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the nations of Justice4Islam, The Kaaba, and Iron bark as having been under the control of raider nation and former delegate of NAZI EUROPE, "Oh My Days," when they were used to pass this resolution,

NOTING that the actions of Oh my days corrupted the good intentions of the nations which passed the liberation, which supposedly sought to protect it from foreign forces that threatened the region members' rights as an independent community,

BELIEVING that, if Islam is to be truly “liberated” from all threats to its security and is to build a stable and legitimate community, the region must have the capability to lock itself down and refound to attain a new, “native” founder nation and to free itself from its inactive founder nation which was controlled and subsequently (and deliberately) eliminated by Oh My Days,

THANKFUL that Oh My Days did not claim the region in the name of NAZI EUROPE when the region was refounded, though noting that, if Oh My Days was to restore the nation which refounded Islam and take control of it once again, Oh My Days could demolish the region entirely or use it for the nation’s own agenda,

AWARE that members of the region have unsuccessfully attempted to repeal this liberation in the past and seeking to achieve for them what they wanted but were unable to attain,

HEREBY REPEALS “Liberate Islam.”

Co-authored by A mean old man
Last edited by A mean old man on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:28 pm

Very very nice Amom!

Always loving Pacifica!

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm

I will be submitting this as soon as tomorrow afternoon.

Always loving Pacifica!

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:42 pm

I have yet to see any natives or residence of Islam wanting this. You seem to be disregarding that fact.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives