NATION

PASSWORD

Jakker Versus Unibot

Talk about nation management, regional politics, and why llamas are a cooler national animal than squirrels.
Not a roleplaying forum.
User avatar
Jakker
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 415
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Jakker Versus Unibot

Postby Jakker » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:28 pm

I, a Field Marshal of The Black Hawks, hereby challenge Unibot to see who has a better 2012. This is not a declaration of war as raiders and defenders are always at war. This is an open challenge for Unibot and all fendas of UDL to accomplish more in 2012 than myself and The Black Hawks. This challenge is extended to all raiders and all fendas, but I figure putting faces to this would make things more interesting.

I think this game deserves a show this year, so let's give it to them. Let us bring the raider/fenda battle to the next level.

I promise I will bring my A game this year and bring raiding to greater heights. I hope fendas will do the same for defending.

Jakker versues Unibot.
2012.
Let's do this.
Last edited by Jakker on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Tim-Opolis
Senator
 
Posts: 3670
Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:38 pm

You get him Jak!
Author of SC#74
Founder of Spiritus
Immoral Defenders: 15% Edgier

[11:16:10] <@Koth> tim is a loose cannon cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules

User avatar
Mahaj
Senator
 
Posts: 4108
Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Mahaj » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Should be interesting.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

User avatar
Eist
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1180
Founded: May 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Eist » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:12 pm

Mahaj wrote:Should be interesting.


Why? This 'challenge' is totally indefinable.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

User avatar
Mahaj
Senator
 
Posts: 4108
Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Mahaj » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Eist wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Should be interesting.


Why? This 'challenge' is totally indefinable.

I know.

It was a polite thing to say.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

User avatar
Jakker
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 415
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Eist wrote:
Why? This 'challenge' is totally indefinable.

I know.

It was a polite thing to say.


haha well it is vague in a sense, yes.

But for myself and other raiders, it's saying raid bigger and better. For Uni and defenders, it's saying be alert and defend your hearts out.

Laugh now, but I promise this year will be interesting. :D
Last edited by Jakker on Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Unibot II
Senator
 
Posts: 3852
Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS... the definition of what is successful is completely arbitrary and this could end very messy with both sides claiming victory. However, I can guarantee you, Jakker, you will have more raids than me next year and will be a more successful raider.

That having been said, I don't like to let people down. I accept your challenge. Have a good one, Jakker.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Crazy girl
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 3762
Founded: Antiquity
Corporate Police State

Postby Crazy girl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:16 am

Could hold a game of war, where each grabs a warzone and then tries to grab the warzone of the opposing party :P

User avatar
The Murtunian Tribes
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6919
Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Murtunian Tribes » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:37 am

Unibot II wrote:Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS... the definition of what is successful is completely arbitrary and this could will definitely end very messy with both sides claiming victory and arguing for weeks on end about it. However, I can guarantee you, Jakker, you will have more raids than me next year and will be a more successful raider.

That having been said, I don't like to let people down. I accept your challenge. Have a good one, Jakker.

User avatar
-Carta-
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: Apr 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -Carta- » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:38 am

Unibot II wrote:Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS [...]

The quote in your signature argues otherwise. :P
Last edited by -Carta- on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marina and The Diamonds
Envoy
 
Posts: 328
Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Marina and The Diamonds » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:06 am

This should be fun.
~ Lady of Mystery ~
Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads. ~ Erica Jong
Also Known as Jamie Anumia

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1972
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:26 am

No, this should be boring. Both side will claim victory and the only thing its done its put Uni and Jak as "Faces" in raiding/defending.
Defending for fun = Yes
Defending for morals = No
Native Rights = Who cares?

Mallorea and Riva brings activity to the dead regions

User avatar
Mahaj
Senator
 
Posts: 4108
Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:58 am

Crazy girl wrote:Could hold a game of war, where each grabs a warzone and then tries to grab the warzone of the opposing party :P

That would be fun.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

User avatar
Zwangzug
Minister
 
Posts: 2447
Founded: Oct 19, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Zwangzug » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:01 am

Wait wait wait.

Jacker Verses Unibot?

There once was a raider named Jakker
Who claimed that "I am not a slacker!"
And, proving that claim
Logged into the game
And posted as a talking-smacker.

...oh, never mind, "versues."

:p
Factbook
second place, World Cup 42
winners: Cup of Harmony 25, World Baseball Classics 7 and 21, WorldVision 6, Battleroom tournament
co-hosts, Baptism of Fire 26 and Cup of Harmony 33
author, issue 262
Han'il, karela: UDL

[violet]: "Also +1"

User avatar
Jakker
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 415
Founded: May 17, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jakker » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:02 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:No, this should be boring. Both side will claim victory and the only thing its done its put Uni and Jak as "Faces" in raiding/defending.


I didn't do this for there to be a "winner". Although it's true that both sides will claim "victory" when everything is all said and done, winning isn't my prime goal. My prime goal is for both sides to do more. It's hard for raiders to get a lot of numbers for an update raid. Well then, I challenge us to try and make that happen. It's hard for defenders to liberate region with a lot of endorsements, but I challenge them to do it. However, if the defenders truly do some great things, I will be the first to tell them.

This game could use some real entertainment. I know this challenge is out there, but I want to give people something to talk about.

Also, since the Olympics are this year, maybe we can set up some events such as the one CG suggested?
Last edited by Jakker on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Nexexen
Secretary
 
Posts: 35
Founded: Dec 14, 2007
Free-Market Paradise

Postby Nexexen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:33 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Crazy girl wrote:Could hold a game of war, where each grabs a warzone and then tries to grab the warzone of the opposing party :P

That would be fun.

It's like our own NS capture-the-flag game! Could make for a nice pastime while on NationStates. Or a nice judge of this little... well... big competition.

User avatar
Mahaj
Senator
 
Posts: 4108
Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Nexexen wrote:
Mahaj wrote:That would be fun.

It's like our own NS capture-the-flag game! Could make for a nice pastime while on NationStates. Or a nice judge of this little... well... big competition.

The Flag

Capture The Flag.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

User avatar
Mallorea and Riva
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 5775
Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Mahaj wrote:
Nexexen wrote:It's like our own NS capture-the-flag game! Could make for a nice pastime while on NationStates. Or a nice judge of this little... well... big competition.

The Flag

Capture The Flag.

Dibs. Should've made the founder non-executive.
Last edited by Mallorea and Riva on Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zakath of Mallorea
Ideological Bulwark #253
GAR 154, GAR 188, Co-Author for GAR 193
Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Major and Head of Military of The Black Hawks
Colonel of DEN Central Command
Officially-unofficial Radiostation of The Black Riders
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Rawr, Jakker, Tal, and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.

User avatar
Mahaj
Senator
 
Posts: 4108
Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:33 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Mahaj wrote:The Flag

Capture The Flag.

Dibs. Should've made the founder non-executive.

No. This way I can prevent a refounding and keep the game going.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

User avatar
Warzone Codger
Diplomat
 
Posts: 747
Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Warzone Codger » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:01 pm

Or we could use the official Warzones?

You get a point for each day you hold each Warzones. So if you claim 3 Warzones you get 3 points a day.

Edit Jakker: I'm sure Unibot contributes much more to NS, he's also one of the biggest faces in the WA. By your total non presence there doesn't you to automatically lose since you aren't getting the most out of the game? Unless you dominate the RP forums....
Last edited by Warzone Codger on Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger. Space Commandant of Warzone Airspace.
Author of GA Resolution #121: Medical Facilities Protection

User avatar
North East Somerset
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 424
Founded: Jun 11, 2004
Capitalist Paradise

Postby North East Somerset » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:41 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:No, this should be boring. Both side will claim victory and the only thing its done its put Uni and Jak as "Faces" in raiding/defending.


DYP wins! :bow:

No, *srsly*, the Hawks will own the Bots. Go Hawks!

lol, feels like some kind of (awful) sports game... :p
Intelligence Director for Albion, Balder, Europeia, LKE, Osiris and TNI.

User avatar
Mahaj
Senator
 
Posts: 4108
Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Mahaj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:51 pm

North East Somerset wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:No, this should be boring. Both side will claim victory and the only thing its done its put Uni and Jak as "Faces" in raiding/defending.


DYP wins! :bow:

No, *srsly*, the Hawks will own the Bots. Go Hawks!

lol, feels like some kind of (awful) sports game... :p

Well you're a terrible basketball team. We don't exist, we can be however good we want to be!
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1972
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby Drop Your Pants » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:25 pm

The warzones is a good idea but what will really happen is a small group from each side will actually participate and the rest will keep doing the same old stuff. If a lot of raiders join in the games then defenders will take a break, if a lot of defenders join in then raiders will go after a high value target and ruin the fun :P
Defending for fun = Yes
Defending for morals = No
Native Rights = Who cares?

Mallorea and Riva brings activity to the dead regions

User avatar
Mallorea and Riva
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 5775
Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:The warzones is a good idea but what will really happen is a small group from each side will actually participate and the rest will keep doing the same old stuff. If a lot of raiders join in the games then defenders will take a break, if a lot of defenders join in then raiders will go after a high value target and ruin the fun :P

You're not gonna trick me into leaving my flag. It's mine now.
Zakath of Mallorea
Ideological Bulwark #253
GAR 154, GAR 188, Co-Author for GAR 193
Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Major and Head of Military of The Black Hawks
Colonel of DEN Central Command
Officially-unofficial Radiostation of The Black Riders
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Rawr, Jakker, Tal, and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.

User avatar
New Bazlantis
Envoy
 
Posts: 273
Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Bazlantis » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:30 pm

-Carta- wrote:
Unibot II wrote:Um, since no one objectively "wins" in NS [...]

The quote in your signature argues otherwise. :P


:clap:

My thoughts exactly...

UNIBOT DIED FOR YOUR SINS: REPENT!

Next

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Coffee Cakes, Kazmr, Klaus Devestatorie, Ramaeus, Tacitaesse

Remove ads