NATION

PASSWORD

Exploration and Discovery: a nation's Founding (CLOSED)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Exploration and Discovery: a nation's Founding (CLOSED)

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey there guys. Now, before I get started I'd just like to say I'm not a complete newb :p (I've had nations since 2010, this one being my second puppet), though this nation is relatively new. I've been tossing around an RP idea in my head, one that would involve people Roleplaying as a group of the very first explorers to set foot on and map out new terrain of nations on NS. The first RP would involve the first explorers ever to set foot in the land known as modern day Lancearc. These explorers would be sent by the very first king of a new Kingdom that had arisen on the eastern most border of what is now Lancearc, the Pyiz Kingdom.

However, if the first RP goes well, I plan on turning this into a series of RPs that deal with the first explorers of many nations, of which I'll pick from the ranks of nations that join the RP. I don't have everything prepared yet, but if we have a decent amount of people than I'll have a map made immediately and get the IC up as soon as possible.

IC is up!
Last edited by Lancearc on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:35 pm

le bumpity
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

North Banrodesia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby North Banrodesia » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:08 pm

Interested.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:15 pm

Eeexcellent...[/palpatine]

If I can get a few more people I'll get a map up.

Knoxcrest
Senator

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Knoxcrest » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:33 pm

I might be interested.
PROCLAIMED THE FARM GOD OF NS
Ende, in a TG: "Your NSG voice is the Medic from TF2? You are an awesome person, Farm God."
Nationstatelandsville wrote:Didn't play Knox yet, but I know he will beat me.

He is inside the game. He is the game.
-Nat, on my TF2 Skeelz.

Condunum wrote:it's you Knox. No one knows what the hell is going on in that head of yours.
Farm God of NS
The Most Reliable and by far the Most Insane lifeguard on Carthage Beach!

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 pm

The Journey--What To Expect in Weather and Geography
Lancearc is a nation with only one side exposed to the water, it's eastern border. A large part of Lancearc is mountainous. The Anrel mountains are mainly in the center and south-southwest of the country. The Raeph mountains are located in the north of the country. Both ranges are home to an indigenous people known as the Bismis. It is a fine example of many varieties of a Mediterranean climate, though as altitudes rise with the mountains in the center and drop with the deserts east of the mountainous areas, they become extremely cold and hot. Northern coast and interior are mountainous with large areas of bordering plateaus, intermontane valleys, and rich coastal plains. The east is large, dry desert. It is also a long-forgotten part of the Roman Empire, and many ruins can be found.

A caravan travels across the deserts of Eastern Lancearc

A far view of the Anrel mountains

A rough patch of land near the shore in the east

The highest point in the land known as modern day Lancearc, Jir Taoim proved a great obstacle for the explorers sent by the Pyiz Kingdom. For one thing, it was the very first and arguably the toughest challenge the group of explorers had to face, and they were facing it early in the journey, which meant that many of their supplies would be depleted before they even got into the Unknown Regions proper. The temperature near the summit is also below zero degrees Fahrenheit, and wildlife and edible fauna is scarce upon the mountain. It is in the southwest of what is now Lancearc.

The Raeph Mountains are very geologically unstable and prone to numerous earthquakes within a span of five days. The most ever earthquakes including aftershocks recorded in this five day span referred to as the Bismis people as Eesny'l ezegitaetk or "Earth's Awakening" is 8 major earthquakes with up to 20 aftershocks. Periodic droughts also occur in many regions of the land.

*coming soon
Last edited by Lancearc on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andern
Civilian

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Andern » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:09 pm

This guy is interested.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Cool.

1 more and I'll get up an app.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm in. lets do this

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 pm

Oh, and just to clarify, the year is 1595, since I didn't state anything about a year in the OP. So, right around when muskets were new.

App
Name:
Occupation (before being chosen for exploration):
Weapons:
Short Bio:
Personality:

My App
Name: Jeff Wallace
Appearance: Brown eyes, coffee-colored thick hair, beard and moustache, tall with a light build, caucasian. He also wears a light chainmail-backed leather armor.
Occupation (before being chosen for exploration): Former guardsman for Toirle, a port town in the Pyiz Kingdom.
Weapons: two flintlock pistols and saber.
Short Bio: Being born to a poor mother and father who worked at the local stables in Toirle, Jeff grew up in the lower class for almost all of his life and as such has developed a humble side. His mother worked most of the time and his father was always there with her, so Jeff spent most of his time as a child with his tutor, whom his mother and father had spent almost all of their money to hire and make sure their son was raised to become a better off man than they were. He did, and at 24 he got a job with the guard in Toirle. He rose through the ranks slowly and surely, and eventually rose to lieutenant, just under the captain of the guard. He was chosen because of a recommendation by the guard captain, and his knowledge of the earth taught by his tutor in his childhood.
Personality: tough, honest and positive, though he can sometimes be something of a mean person whenever agitated.
Last edited by Lancearc on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salutem
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Salutem » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 pm

I'm hooked.

Name: Josak Lokin
Appearance:

Occupation (before being chosen for exploration): Blacksmith
Weapons: Musket, Short Sword
Short Bio: Josak grew up learning how to be a Blacksmith. He also grew up with a distinct like of the outdoors, always going out and hunting when he could get the chance. Being an apprentince gave him little time to hunt but he still found ways to do it, even if he had to sneak out. He mostly hunted with bows and spears. When he first could, he began to train with these new "Muskets".
Personality: Josak is a very cheery person, always one for a laugh. He can be quite serious, though, when that time comes.
Future-Tech
Salus omnia
Survival is everything

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Salutem wrote:I'm hooked.

Name: Josak Lokin
Appearance:
Occupation (before being chosen for exploration): Blacksmith
Weapons: Musket, Short Sword
Short Bio: Josak grew up learning how to be a Blacksmith. He also grew up with a distinct like of the outdoors, always going out and hunting when he could get the chance. Being an apprentince gave him little time to hunt but he still found ways to do it, even if he had to sneak out. He mostly hunted with bows and spears. When he first could, he began to train with these new "Muskets".
Personality: Josak is a very cheery person, always one for a laugh. He can be quite serious, though, when that time comes.

Accepted, gladly.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:56 am

Accepted so far: (Will update whenever new people make apps)

Josak Lokin - Salutem
Jeff Wallace - Me
Alexsia Commorragh - Bodarkia
Last edited by Lancearc on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bodarkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodarkia » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:33 am

Name:Alexsia Commorragh
Appearance:

Occupation (before being chosen for exploration):Maid.
Weapons:Musket, a few knifes and a grenade.[Yes they did have grenades back then in the shape of mini-cannon balls.]
Short Bio:Alexsia was born a bastard child born to a lord of Bodarkia and a maid, who was kept in the lord's manor but was never granted a estate or any suck thing by her father and so became head maid when her mother died of illness, but still her father never showed her any affection, only to his real children that often annoyed Alexsia...Through one of his children took pity on her and trained her in how to defend herself.
Personality:Kind,gentle and very loyal.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:35 am

Bodarkia wrote:Name:Alexsia Commorragh
Appearance:
Weapons:Musket, a few knifes and a grenade.[Yes they did have grenades back then in the shape of mini-cannon balls.]
Short Bio:Alexsia was born a bastard child born to a lord of Bodarkia and a maid, who was kept in the lord's manor but was never granted a estate or any suck thing by her father and so became head maid when her mother died of illness, but still her father never showed her any affection, only to his real children that often annoyed Alexsia...Through one of his children took pity on her and trained her in how to defend herself.

Accepted.

Bodarkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bodarkia » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:01 am

Lancearc wrote:
Bodarkia wrote:Name:Alexsia Commorragh
Appearance:

Accepted.

Any idea when you can get a IC up?

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 am

And in the beginning, the OP said, 'Let there be IC!'

And there was IC.

We'll get started, wait for others to make apps so the journey can begin proper.
Last edited by Lancearc on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Castille de Italia
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:34 am

I'm interested, although I'll probably have to wait till tomorrow to post. Is that okay?
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

Main Directory | Dramatis Personae | Pan Dienstadi World Airways | Latest Political Crisis

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 am

Castille de Italia wrote:I'm interested, although I'll probably have to wait till tomorrow to post. Is that okay?

Yeah, that's fine. No worries.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:04 am

I am probably interested as a rival group of explorers seeking to colonize Lancearc, coming from the sea.

App
Name: Arev Lhenosk
Appearance:

Occupation (before being chosen for exploration): Prince
Weapons: Axe, swords
Short Bio: Born in the Principality of Sprska, he was the Crown Prince of Sprska from when his older brother died when he was 6, to his father's death at the age of 12. At the age of 41, his mental condition was getting harsh, and now is essence, contemplating a suicidal plan, for his ENTIRE principality to move on large sailing boats to colonize a new land, to "civilize the land."
Personality: Eccentric, Psychotic
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 am

Luziyca wrote:I am probably interested as a rival group of explorers seeking to colonize Lancearc, coming from the sea.

App
Appearance:
Short Bio: Born in the Principality of Sprska, he was the Crown Prince of Sprska from when his older brother died when he was 6, to his father's death at the age of 12. At the age of 41, his mental condition was getting harsh, and now is essence, contemplating a suicidal plan, for his ENTIRE principality to move on large sailing boats to colonize a new land, to "civilize the land."

I'll have to think about this one, considering that in proper lore, no land exists off of Lancearc's coast that would be close enough to logically sail to the country from. For the time being, pending.

It's not a really big issue, though if you could change a few little things it'd be fine, like say coming from the southeast, where it connects to the rest of the continent.
Last edited by Lancearc on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:17 am

Lancearc wrote:
Luziyca wrote:I am probably interested as a rival group of explorers seeking to colonize Lancearc, coming from the sea.

App
Appearance:

I'll have to think about this one, considering that in proper lore, no land exists off of Lancearc's coast that would be close enough to logically sail to the country from. For the time being, pending.

It's not a really big issue, though if you could change a few little things it'd be fine, like say coming from the southeast, where it connects to the rest of the continent.

It'll come from the Southeast then.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:22 am

Luziyca wrote:
Lancearc wrote:I'll have to think about this one, considering that in proper lore, no land exists off of Lancearc's coast that would be close enough to logically sail to the country from. For the time being, pending.

It'll come from the Southeast then.

Then it's accepted.

Everybody, get up an app and get to the IC, for I am the lord of impatience!

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 am

Bodarkia wrote:
Lancearc wrote:Accepted.

Any idea when you can get a IC up?

It's up now.

But I've said that two times, so I'm sure you know :p

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Oh, and 1 more person and I'll close this up.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates