NATION

PASSWORD

14 Credits in Controversy, Endorsed with Excellence

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

14 Credits in Controversy, Endorsed with Excellence

Postby Forsher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:33 am

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/kiwis-too-much-trouble-backpackers-4948166

That is an interesting story. A place where pretending to be foreign is a good idea... in your own country.

On the whole I am not surprised. This is a country that allows people to wear Jansport bags with impunity, it is no wonder we feel inclined to damage property. On the other hand I don't think this sort of, well xenophobia will have to do (damn you limited vocabulary), should be allowed to come in and kick holes in the wall. Quite frankly it is essentially the same as not allowing a ginga into a bar because they have red hair.

So, what do we think?
Last edited by Forsher on Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Great Yorkshire
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Yorkshire » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 am

New Zealand does seem boring, and people do crazy things when bored.

"It's just not worth it. It's my house, my business, and I can choose who I have here."
Errm... no. You can chose who you have in your house. Not your business. As soon as you turned your house into a business you forfeited your right to discriminate on who's allowed to enter.

He has not had trouble with other nationalities, he said, and does not consider himself racist because he is a Kiwi himself.
Not racist, not a twat... this guy considers himself a lot of things which he can't back up.
The Queen of quips, the Sultan of snickering, the President of puns, the Generalissimo of jollity, the Tsar of zingers, the Guru of guffaws, the Jam Sahib of jokes, the Maharajah of mirth, the Chhatrapati of cheer, the Poligar of punch lines, the Rao Bahadur of revelry, the Baivarapatish of bullshit, the Chief Executive of chuckles, the Managing Director of merriment, the Deputy Financial Officer of damn funny observations, the Satrap of satire, who'll never give you a flat tire, 'cos she's not that dire, she used to have testicles, she still wears spectacles, the Edith Piaf of amateur table tennis (she regrets nothing about her backhand smashes) and the self-declared inventor of the prawn burrito... The one, the only... The chunter hunter... Great Yorkshire.

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:35 am

Great Yorkshire wrote:New Zealand does seem boring, and people do crazy things when bored.

"It's just not worth it. It's my house, my business, and I can choose who I have here."
Errm... no. You can chose who you have in your house. Not your business. As soon as you turned your house into a business you forfeited your right to discriminate on who's allowed to enter.

He has not had trouble with other nationalities, he said, and does not consider himself racist because he is a Kiwi himself.
Not racist, not a twat... this guy considers himself a lot of things which he can't back up.

But is it still the same if you feel that there is legitimate cause for ejecting them?

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Great Yorkshire
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Yorkshire » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:52 am

Forsher wrote:
Great Yorkshire wrote:New Zealand does seem boring, and people do crazy things when bored.

But is it still the same if you feel that there is legitimate cause for ejecting them?
Breaking your wall is a legitimate cause for ejection. Having the same accent as someone who once broke your wall isn't.
The Queen of quips, the Sultan of snickering, the President of puns, the Generalissimo of jollity, the Tsar of zingers, the Guru of guffaws, the Jam Sahib of jokes, the Maharajah of mirth, the Chhatrapati of cheer, the Poligar of punch lines, the Rao Bahadur of revelry, the Baivarapatish of bullshit, the Chief Executive of chuckles, the Managing Director of merriment, the Deputy Financial Officer of damn funny observations, the Satrap of satire, who'll never give you a flat tire, 'cos she's not that dire, she used to have testicles, she still wears spectacles, the Edith Piaf of amateur table tennis (she regrets nothing about her backhand smashes) and the self-declared inventor of the prawn burrito... The one, the only... The chunter hunter... Great Yorkshire.

Schwabenreich
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Schwabenreich » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:10 am

Great Yorkshire wrote:
Forsher wrote:
Breaking your wall is a legitimate cause for ejection. Having the same accent as someone who once broke your wall isn't.

Pretty much this.
"The sovereign represents the state; he and his people form but one body, which can only be happy as far as united by concord. The prince is to a nation he governs, what a head is to a man; it is his duty to see, think and act for the whole community, that he may procure it every advantage of which it is capable."-Friedrich der Große

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Schwabenreich wrote:
Great Yorkshire wrote:Breaking your wall is a legitimate cause for ejection. Having the same accent as someone who once broke your wall isn't.

Pretty much this.

Sadly, for I love an argument, we agree. Also sadly, this is an unpopular topic.

It is possible to be racist toward oneself, it means one isn't a hypocrite. Something that this nutter is for allowing himself within the premises.

Return to General