NATION

PASSWORD

The Milky Way series RP group (PMT-PFT all species, open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

TheFall
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby TheFall » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Dolmhold wrote:
TheFall wrote:since i havent been on for awile, what has been goin on in oh its a fine day rp?

Nothing much, I just replied. I have to get to working on Dolmart's bit, but things are as I feared: activity has died since Hlad left... NooooOOOOooo!!!!

I may reply later, i just have stuff to do right now.
Favorite Quotes
When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Hlad will return in a few days.
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:35 pm

Just as a head's up, I'll be at a farm for the next six weeks where the only means of communication is one laptop with a horrible internet link. Sorry if I don't post very often.
This message has been confirmed to have been sent by the Gar Akaru Ministry of Communications.

"I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, so how was I supposed to know that she was with the Dolmani too?"

The Cybernet
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cybernet » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:41 pm

Nation Name: The Collective of the Cybernet

Population:
EFT:
Active in the real world with real bodies: 10.45 billion, subject to extreme change at any time.
Active in the mainframe(s): 100 billion+
Dormant, stored as data: About 1 Quintillion, subject to extreme rise daily.

FT: Active in Real World: 80 Billion, subject to extreme change at any time.
Active in the main frame: Over 10^400. That's 10 with 400 zeros following behind it.
Dormant: Over 10^450, subject to extreme rise.

PFT: Active in the Real World: 990 Billion, Subject to extreme changes at any time.
Active in the main frame: Over 10^1200.
Dormant: Over 10^1300

Explanation:

Do not be alarmed by the massive sizes of these populations as really, only the ones in the real world truly count. The rest are in a digital reality of their choosing and sculpting.

Government type: Micromanaged by AI with decisions made by those who choose to decide.

Economy base: In digital reality: Whatever an individual wishes really. He/she could choose to be god, making things appear and disappear at will. He or she could choose to live the life of a nomadic traveler in the 10 000 BCE era. It is up to them.

In real life: Things come for free and go for free as individuals are ultimately empowered. While not as free as their digital realities, they often have the ability to do nearly anything they want.

Species percentage in nation:

Digital human entity: 99.99+%, all tech eras.
With real life body: 0.000....0001%, all tech eras.
Regular human: Nearly unknown, but there.

Tech base: My own, largely based off Dolmhold and Dolmpolp.

Weapon types: See Dolmhold, plus a lot more such as nanobot weapons, junior's home RNA kit, and so forth.

Area controlled: Real life:
EFT: 4 massive systems, hundreds of small systems.
FT: 40-370 massive systems, 40-850 being turned into massive systems, over 7500 with some presence of the Cybernet.
PFT: An entire galaxy and all of its satellites, with potential late PFT fusion with the nation of Dolmhold.

Cybernet: Massive numbers can not be computed on your computer.

Amount of habited planets: Real life:

EFT: 1134 planets, rising daily.
FT: 169 000 planets, rising daily
PFT: 164 000 000 000 planets, rising daily.

Amount of claimed planets: All of the planets in the claimed territories.

Space Fleet size size; All numbers are subject to extreme change.
Capitol ships: EFT: 13 400 FT: 102 430
Frigates: EFT: 102 320 FT: 932 000
Bombers/starfighters: EFT: 640 321 FT: 5 852 000
Drones: EFT: 2 743 200 FT: 94 140 340

Superweapons: Our minds (just kidding, unless you happen to live in one of our digital worlds).
Planetary Reshaper: Fast replicating nano/pico/femobots which turn the planet in question into one of the Cybernet's.

Past RP's: See Dolmhold

I have much more to explain on this nation, feel free to ask.
Last edited by The Cybernet on Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Aius
Secretary

Founded: Nov 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aius » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am

Dolmhold wrote: Sweet, a true commie nation :) . While it is still ultimately Hlad- shoot, he left for ten days, I'll see if I can do something- , I like your nation. Of concern is of which time period your nation would be in, and what you mean by that other galaxy you control. You'll have to explain.

Technically there future tech, but as a species they like to do things by hand as much as possible, so there still using simple hand tools next to giant mega death lasers.

As for the other galaxy, long story short is that they ended up in this one totally by accident after dicking about with a ancient piece of tech they found, it blew up, shoot them all the way here and killed about two thirds of the fleet using it, they have absolutely no idea were they are or how to get back.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:41 am

If it's okay with all of ya'll, I'm going to change my superweapon from the Manifold Disruption to simply a mastery of electronic warfare. The previous superweapon seems like it was created by some sort of defense agency gone wild.

The Cybernet
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cybernet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

The Aius wrote:
Dolmhold wrote: Sweet, a true commie nation :) . While it is still ultimately Hlad- shoot, he left for ten days, I'll see if I can do something- , I like your nation. Of concern is of which time period your nation would be in, and what you mean by that other galaxy you control. You'll have to explain.

Technically there future tech, but as a species they like to do things by hand as much as possible, so there still using simple hand tools next to giant mega death lasers.

As for the other galaxy, long story short is that they ended up in this one totally by accident after dicking about with a ancient piece of tech they found, it blew up, shoot them all the way here and killed about two thirds of the fleet using it, they have absolutely no idea were they are or how to get back.

Well, I'm asking because this RP group goes across multiple different RP periods, like EFT to PFT.

So, you'll only be getting to the other galaxy in Post FT (which is still FT, just on a massive scale)? I think you'd classify in the FT realm, but would your nation exist in the EFT/LPMT eras?

The Cybernet
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cybernet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Trinitia wrote:If it's okay with all of ya'll, I'm going to change my superweapon from the Manifold Disruption to simply a mastery of electronic warfare. The previous superweapon seems like it was created by some sort of defense agency gone wild.

Hmmm... Sure, why not?

The Aius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aius » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 pm

The Cybernet wrote:Well, I'm asking because this RP group goes across multiple different RP periods, like EFT to PFT.

So, you'll only be getting to the other galaxy in Post FT (which is still FT, just on a massive scale)? I think you'd classify in the FT realm, but would your nation exist in the EFT/LPMT eras?

i dont know what lpmt means, but heres the others.

im not planning on involving the other galaxy in any other role then a origin story and while they would have spent most of the EFT era rebuilding on the galactic rim, they would have sent a few lone scout's out to see who's who in there new home.
in EFT rp they would be more of a shadowy presence, with rumours of people going missing , brutal murders in outlying area's, creatures stalking the sewers at night ect ect, theyd keep to themselves until the FT era, when they would have rebuilt a significant amount of their infrastructure and start throwing their weight around a bit more.
advanced warning on that front, they are insufferably arrogant and xenophobic, so expect them to belittle youre achievements at every turn.

Dolmhold
Minister

Founded: Jun 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:55 pm

The Aius wrote:
The Cybernet wrote:Well, I'm asking because this RP group goes across multiple different RP periods, like EFT to PFT.

i dont know what lpmt means, but heres the others.

im not planning on involving the other galaxy in any other role then a origin story and while they would have spent most of the EFT era rebuilding on the galactic rim, they would have sent a few lone scout's out to see who's who in there new home.
in EFT rp they would be more of a shadowy presence, with rumours of people going missing , brutal murders in outlying area's, creatures stalking the sewers at night ect ect, theyd keep to themselves until the FT era, when they would have rebuilt a significant amount of their infrastructure and start throwing their weight around a bit more.
advanced warning on that front, they are insufferably arrogant and xenophobic, so expect them to belittle youre achievements at every turn.

Hmmm... It sounds like quite the nation. It would be interesting to have them go up against the Cybernet, which is supposed to project a Borg-like feel in a way. It would be interesting to have them compete for a system.

I guess none of my people could meet your nation in EFT, as what they know, everyone else could know in my nation (knowledge uploading). That or we form a secrecy pact or something.

Brutal murders would be something that may be brought up in the little galactic alliance by the minor nations, which depending on the situation, could be dismissed, or a probe comes along. So many ideas...

Late PMT is what it is named. Basically, the later eras of PMT, where FTL has just been discovered and the knowledge all over. Expect most human nations to still be on Earth, or close to Earth.
Last edited by Dolmhold on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:13 pm

For PMT I'm thinking that my faction inhabit a section of land on the south pole of Mars. If not that, Europa.

I've noticed that a large number of nations here are composed of large mesh networks which extend through their populations. Would anyone be up for some sort of knowledge pact/partial fusing of networks? At least until members go to war...

The Aius
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Aius » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:32 am

In a LPMT setting the aius are still kinda on fire, as they didn't really land on the rim worlds more then Smash right into them, it may be someone encounters a aius ship that miraculously hasn't hit anything yet desperately trying to slow down as it hurtles through the galaxy, but other then that there not really present in the PMT era.

It would be a nice little touch if thats how a species discovered alien life, when it slammed into youre planets at significant proportion of the speed of light...

Vetega
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetega » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:08 am

Trinitia wrote:For PMT I'm thinking that my faction inhabit a section of land on the south pole of Mars. If not that, Europa.

I've noticed that a large number of nations here are composed of large mesh networks which extend through their populations. Would anyone be up for some sort of knowledge pact/partial fusing of networks? At least until members go to war...

Since every Zectoran is connected with the Hezion via a connection like you all's except it's a little different in some aspects. It's an aging system and a new one is needed. I'd be up for information sharing.
Member of GESO

DefCon Level: DefCon 1
1: Total War
2: Mobilization of forces.
3: Standby/Advance Intelligence Protocols
4: Recognition of Conflict/Embargo's and other non-violent threats
5: Peacetime

Donald Trump is evil. He must burn.
See with your mind's eye what your eyes cannot see.
'War is in our blood. It's a part of Vetegan history. We cannot escape who we are, so we've learned to embrace it. Now look at us, the Triumvirate is one the most powerful nations on this world. You can't say we didn't achieve anything else of value now.' -Supreme Commander Izon Destraud the Second

Omicara
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Omicara » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:15 am

Alright my exams are over and I will be getting more active in this RP

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 am

A partial network fusion between allied nations could take place. The UEFP and I could choose to ally to that level. Maybe not with others though... Seeing as the net is practically the lifeblood of a nation in FT.

Anyways, we need a new threat, a new plot or something, so I'm going to use my little cybernet nation soon. I plan to use it as a Borg-style enemy, but with much more better reasons for war then "we will assilimate you". The reason would be to expand their network to provide room for their ever climbing population idea.

I'll see if I can start a thread on it soon.

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Dolmhold wrote:A partial network fusion between allied nations could take place. The UEFP and I could choose to ally to that level. Maybe not with others though... Seeing as the net is practically the lifeblood of a nation in FT.

Anyways, we need a new threat, a new plot or something, so I'm going to use my little cybernet nation soon. I plan to use it as a Borg-style enemy, but with much more better reasons for war then "we will assilimate you". The reason would be to expand their network to provide room for their ever climbing population idea.

Maybe I'll get out my evil nation...
This message has been confirmed to have been sent by the Gar Akaru Ministry of Communications.

"I went home with a waitress, the way I always do, so how was I supposed to know that she was with the Dolmani too?"

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Gar Akaru wrote:
Dolmhold wrote:A partial network fusion between allied nations could take place. The UEFP and I could choose to ally to that level. Maybe not with others though... Seeing as the net is practically the lifeblood of a nation in FT.

Maybe I'll get out my evil nation...

We all should, just to kick up the story.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:33 am

If this isn't dead, hooray. But if it is, I'm just gonna leave this here....

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=187016

Dolmhold
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Dolmhold » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:41 am

Trinitia wrote:If this isn't dead, hooray. But if it is, I'm just gonna leave this here....

Nah, it is just that Hladgos tends to be the lifeblood. I expect activity to kick back up when he comes along again. That and I'll soon make my cybernet nation's first thread.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:04 am

Dolmhold wrote:
Trinitia wrote:If this isn't dead, hooray. But if it is, I'm just gonna leave this here....

Nah, it is just that Hladgos tends to be the lifeblood. I expect activity to kick back up when he comes along again. That and I'll soon make my cybernet nation's first thread.

I shall wait in the shadows then.

Gar Akaru
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gar Akaru » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Trinitia wrote:
Dolmhold wrote:

I shall wait in the shadows then.

Posted.

The Cybernet
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cybernet » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:08 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=187186

Ok, this RP needs a nation willing to have at least one of their systems, be it a core system or a fringe/unknown world, steamrolled over while the galaxy panics that this new nation exists. It should feel like you're up against a powerful foe or something. If there are no volunteers, then I guess this could be the meeting between Dolmhold and the Cybernet.

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:24 pm

The Cybernet wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=187186

Ok, this RP needs a nation willing to have at least one of their systems, be it a core system or a fringe/unknown world, steamrolled over while the galaxy panics that this new nation exists. It should feel like you're up against a powerful foe or something. If there are no volunteers, then I guess this could be the meeting between Dolmhold and the Cybernet.

I may be up for it. Although if Dolmhold wants this to be first contact, then I'll be happy to assist him/her on the sidelines.

The Cybernet
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cybernet » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Trinitia wrote:
I may be up for it. Although if Dolmhold wants this to be first contact, then I'll be happy to assist him/her on the sidelines.

Well, I was thinking of Dolmhold being the one up for first contact as a last resort, as... um... all of our inhabited systems are core worlds.

And now, there are so many cyborg/machine/ machine integration style nations in the Delta Quadrant that we might as well call it the technology quadrant :lol:

Trinitia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Trinitia » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:36 pm

The Cybernet wrote:
And now, there are so many cyborg/machine/ machine integration style nations in the Delta Quadrant that we might as well call it the technology quadrant :lol:

Or the Meshnet. Or something snazzy and most likely spoken by a Silicon Valley executive.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents