NATION

PASSWORD

Global Firepower: NationStates Military Comparison

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Global Firepower: NationStates Military Comparison

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:16 am

This list is based on the website Global Fire Power. From the site:

GFP provides a unique analytical display of data covering global military powers with statistics compiled through various sources. All manner of countries are considered in the ranking, a spectrum helping to produce a near-complete comparison of relative military strengths from across the globe. The user should note that nuclear capability is not taken into account for the final ranking for this listing is purely a "numbers game" meant to spark debate and including nuclear weapons would clearly defeat its purpose. Therefore GFP comparisons are for consideration in a conventional war based solely on each individual nation's capabilities on land, at sea and through the air while including logistical and financial aspects when waging total war. Sources are stated whenever possible though some statistics are estimated if official numbers are not available.

While the NationStates version is not covering oil and finances, you can find an excellent resources for an upcoming war or as a tool for comparing your nations. The details are hosted on a Google Documents spreadsheet with the link below.

To Enter:
Simply complete this form. Please note it is not my responsibility to check your numbers, but feel free to argue on this thread in a civilised manner.

Total Population: For the purpose of detailing the amount of total manpower to be made available to any one country in a time of war. This total includes both males and females who would be called upon to serve in a military capacity or in factories for production of war goods.
Available Military Manpower: For the purposes of taking into account all registered military elements that could potentially be made available for military service today including active and reserve elements. This list does not take into account any individual type of military, paramilitary or security training or combat experience of any kind; it simply reflects the total amount of manpower a nation may commit to an overall war effort if need be.
Active Military Manpower: For the purposes of detailing the total active military manpower available to any one country today. These forces would the first elements committed to combat - be it offensive or defensive in nature.
Active Reserve Manpower: Nearly all national armies hold a certain amount of combat ready reserve personnel. These elements could be called to war in a fraction of the time it would take to enlist or draft and train from the national populace.
Manpower Fit for Service: Large population numbers do not necessarily reflect the military manpower of a nation outright as it also takes into account children and the elderly. This listing provides a more succinct look into the true available military manpower figures available to any one nation today.
Reaching Military Age Annually: Despite large poulations and standing armies, a key figure involved in a prolonged conflict requires plenty of military-aged bodies to continue the fight.
Labor Forces: Labor forces - perhaps as much as any soldier - win or lose a war. Industry is a proven and vital part of any war effort as history has repeatedly shown. This listing does not take into account manufacture quality and this varies highly from workforce to workforce and is hard to gauge - it simply puts into perspective a number that could become available in a time of war.
Total Aircraft: This listing showcases all air-based aircraft per country including both fixed-wing and rotary-wing systems as well as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Transports and trainers are also included as part of the totals. The total amount is the amount of this assets that could feasibly be operated in a large scale conventional war, it reflects the total amount of assets a nation may commit to an overall war effort if need be- so if it works and it would be brought into service, count it.
Helicopters: Showcasing the relative rotary-wing strengths of participating countries. Included in the totals are transport, scout and trainer types as well as mission-specific navy, army, air force and special forces helicopter platforms. The total amount is the amount of this assets that could feasibly be operated in a large scale conventional war, it reflects the total amount of assets a nation may commit to an overall war effort if need be- so if it works and it would be brought into service, count it.
Total Land Weapons: Covering all land-based weapon types including tanks, armored vehicles, anti-tank platforms, mobile rocket throwers, self-propelled guns, crew-served mortar weapons and towed artillery pieces, as well as other vehicles not otherwise noted. The total amount is the amount of each asset that could feasibly be operated in a large scale conventional war, it reflects the total amount of assets a nation may commit to an overall war effort if need be- so if it works and it would be brought into service, count it.
Tanks: Includes Main Battle Tanks, light tanks and dedicated tank destroyers - wheeled or tracked in nature.
APCs / IFVs: Both Armored Personnel Carriers and Infantry Fighting Vehicles - either tracked or wheeled in nature - are included in the counts.
Towed Artillery: Includes all calibers of field artillery systems that are towed by design.
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): Totals include all caliber of self-propelled gun platforms, be they tracked or wheeled in their design.
Rocket Artillery (MLRS): Totals include all caliber of self-propelled MLRS systems per army. Note that not every nation makes use of such weapons due to high cost or fighting doctrine.
Mortar Systems: Totals cover all calibers of crew-served mortar weapons systems currently in service with a given army.
Anti-Tank Weaponry: Includes all weapon types - either self-guided or direct line-of-sight - that are specifically designed to defeat enemy armor.
Anti-Aircraft Weaponry: Includes self-propelled platforms as well as portable crew-served systems.
Logistical Vehicles: Includes all vehicles as related to the logistical power of each army. Logistical vehicles are an oft-overlooked portion of the modern land army but form the backbone of any action by moving personnel, equipment and supplies wherever they are most needed.
Total Navy Ships: Includes navy ship vessels of all forms including surface and submarines as well as smaller patrol boats and logistical types.
Aircraft Carriers: Listing includes both nuclear- and conventionally-powered aircraft carrier types currently in service.
Submarines: Includes both nuclear- and conventionally-powered submarines currently in service as well as coastal- and ocean-going.
Destroyers: Destroyers form a fast response solution for any waterborne force - cheaper to operate than costly aircraft carriers and considerably more powerful than patrol type vessels.
Frigates: Frigates represent multi-role vessels of varying classes, sizes and firepower.
Mine Warfare Craft: Includes all mine warfare-related vessel types such as minelayers and minesweepers.
Patrol Craft: Includes all manner of patrol boat types including coastal, torpedo and interception platforms.
Amphibious Assault Vessels: Includes all naval vessel types as related to (and required for) amphibious assault operations.
Total Airports: For the purpose of measuring internal logistical support. An airport is considered to be a functional landing and take-off space, with room for basic or advanced maintenance and refuelling operations.
Merchant Marine Strength: Merchant Marine forces can be called to operate alongside navy units in wartime and represent a logistical-minded force at sea. Some landlocked nations still make use of a merchant marine force though they may lack any form of naval military branch. This includes ships registered in a naval auxillary or ships which are owned and flagged in your nation.
Major Ports & Terminals: Ports, harbors and terminals can serve a nation in wartime in a myriad of ways - delivering supplies, troops and equipment to fronts as needed. Only "major" ports, harbors and terminals are taken into account in this listing.

USE THE CODED VERSION PLEASE
If exact numbers are unknown, please use the approximate symbol. (~) Please note that this thread is ONLY FOR MT NATIONS.

Code: Select all
[size=150][color=#FF0000]APPLICATION OR UPDATE[/color][/size]
[b]Total Population:[/b]
[b]Available Military Manpower:[/b]
[b]Active Military Manpower:[/b]
[b]Active Reserve Manpower:[/b]
[b]Manpower Fit for Service:[/b]
[b]Reaching Military Age Annually:[/b]
[b]Labor Forces:[/b]
[b]Total Aircraft:[/b] 
[b]Helicopters:[/b]
[b]Total Land Weapons:[/b]
[b]Tanks:[/b]
[b]APCs / IFVs:[/b] 
[b]Towed Artillery:[/b]
[b]Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs):[/b] .
[b]Rocket Artillery (MLRS):[/b]
[b]Mortar Systems:[/b]
[b]Anti-Tank Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Anti-Aircraft Weaponry:[/b]
[b]Logistical Vehicles:[/b]
[b]Total Navy Ships:[/b]
[b]Aircraft Carriers:[/b]
[b]Submarines:[/b]
[b]Destroyers:[/b]
[b]Frigates:[/b]
[b]Mine Warfare Craft:[/b]
[b]Patrol Craft:[/b]
[b]Amphibious Assault Vessels:[/b]
[b]Total Airports:[/b]
[b]Merchant Marine Strength:[/b]
[b]Major Ports & Terminals:[/b]
[b]Accurate as of:[/b] DD/MM/YYYY
Last edited by New Hayesalia on Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:22 am

This is quite an interesting concept, New Hayesalia. The opening thread is coherent and up to-the-point, explained and packaged in a manner of concise.

I would like to inquire however, and if you would not mind me doing so; how will this be fairly regulated...? Simply put, nations may rped their own setting, as they wish for, and thus a single, coherent unified set of regulated and/or detailed standard of what constitute an acceptable Rped claim by some roleplayers, which may not be the case with others.

A very good example would be this; Nation A put forward that their available military manpower is 100% of their national population. Let us say for simplicity's sake that the aforesaid nation/roleplayer's claim will then be approved as legitimate by you (as the OP, which is perfectly understandable, and is fully within your right, as after all, you are the OP of this thread) and listed inside the Global Firepower: NationStates Military Comparison data.

Will this mean the fact that other roleplayers will then have to accept that NS' power claim...? If that's the case, wouldn't it be against the standing principle of a freeform roleplaying site by itself, whereby we are free to roleplay our nation as creatively as we may, as per our positive imagination, and unleash the aforesaid imagination to co-operatively write a good story with other fellow NationStates roleplayers?

Again, this is simply a curious question from me, and is not meant to be a criticism whatsoever towards your initiative, New Hayesalia. A little bit of explanation as to the reasoning behind this initiative, and a brief explanation of how it can benefit the roleplaying community is all that is needed.

[Edited 1 typo]
Last edited by Yohannes on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:33 am

Yohannes wrote:This is quite an interesting concept, New Hayesalia. The opening thread is coherent and up to-the-point, explained and packaged in a manner of concise.

I would like to inquire however, and if you would not mind me doing so; how will this be fairly regulated...? Simply put, nations may rped their own setting, as they wish for, and thus a single, coherent unified set of regulated and/or detailed standard of what constitute an acceptable Rped claim by some roleplayers, which may not be the case with others.

A very good example would be this; Nation A put forward that their available military manpower is 100% of their national population. Let us say for simplicity's sake that the aforesaid nation/roleplayer's claim will then be approved as legitimate by you (as the OP, which is perfectly understandable, and is fully within your right, as after all, you are the OP of this thread) and listed inside the Global Firepower: NationStates Military Comparison data.

Will this mean the fact that other roleplayers will then have to accept that NS' power claim...? If that's the case, wouldn't it be against the standing principle of a freeform roleplaying site by itself, whereby we are free to roleplay our nation as creatively as we may, as per our positive imagination, and unleash the aforesaid imagination to co-operatively write a good story with other fellow NationStates roleplayers?

Again, this is simply a curious question from me, and is not meant to be a criticism whatsoever towards your initiative, New Hayesalia. A little bit of explanation as to the reasoning behind this initiative, and a brief explanation of how it can benefit the roleplaying community is all that is needed.

[Edited 1 typo]

The reasoning was pretty basic- just a comparison tool like that used by the real Global Firepower. I see the benefit as being a resource where one can simply look and compare their numbers against theirs. Of course, there's no need for anyone to accept any numbers and like I've also said, I'm not going to moderate it. By moderate I mean that what they say in the application. Apart from that, this is a free argument zone. (Example, Nation A claims 100% available military perosnnel from population. I'll put it on the list, however I might argue that it's a bunch of crap.)

If a nation is actively planning a war, it will be their responsibility to ensure that the numbers that their 'enemy' has reasonable numbers. Sound reasonable?

Also, feel free to make an application :P

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:37 am

Thanks for the explanation, New Hayesalia. :)

I appreciate that, and I like the sound of this programme.

Yes, I will absolutely put forward an application of my military number here, once I've figured out what I should put; I am such a lazzzzzzy rper.
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:11 am

Yohannes wrote:Thanks for the explanation, New Hayesalia. :)

I appreciate that, and I like the sound of this programme.

Yes, I will absolutely put forward an application of my military number here, once I've figured out what I should put; I am such a lazzzzzzy rper.

I got my numbers based off the German, Swedish, Chinese and Australian military with a bit of population accounting-for. Try something like that perhaps?

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Yohannes » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:18 am

I perfectly know how to do my own research.

Thanks for the input, however. =)

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:24 am

Yohannes wrote:I perfectly know how to do my own research.

Thanks for the input, however. =)

Nobody's perfect, Yohannes ;)

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Well-thought-out, at least, though expecting exact numbers for some of these things is pretty unreasonable, especially for larger nations. Then there's no accounting for modernity of technology, which is actually a fairly valuable data point. Then there's blanket categories for things that shouldn't honestly be blanket categories; logistics vehicles, for example. More detailed information is valuable there for any RPer who thinks of warfare as more than just "pew pew, post losses." You yourself call them oft-overlooked, but then you proceed to marginalize them. Same for merchant marine.

I also do doubt that people will be reasonable and will attempt instead to constantly one-up each other, as they always do in FNI threads wherein one-upsmanship can actually occur.

You'll want to limit this to MT, by the way. The results would be meaningless if you included PT, PMT, and FT data.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Radictistan
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Radictistan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:22 pm

This is a great idea. I'll put my information up as soon as I can get the math done. I've always felt there should be more transparency, both IC and OOC about military strength on Nationstates.

Sailsia
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sailsia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Wow, this is very interesting. Looking forward to seeing some of the stuff people post. However, I would recommend you perhaps maintain two lists, one for nations who have capped their populations, and one for those who haven't. It makes it a lot easier for players like me who is not interested in seeing multi-billion man armies ;)
RIP RON PAUL
Author of the U.S. Constitution
July 4, 1776 - September 11, 2001

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:00 pm

APPLICATION OR UPDATE
Total Population:143,000,000
Available Military Manpower:61,100,000
Active Military Manpower:3,105,000
Active Reserve Manpower:1,584,000
Manpower Fit for Service:39,900,000
Reaching Military Age Annually:421,786
Labor Forces:62,009,102
Total Aircraft: 1,310
Helicopters:716
Total Land Weapons:
Tanks: 2,614
APCs / IFVs: 2,248
Towed Artillery:442
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs):28
Rocket Artillery (MLRS):634
Mortar Systems:1,850
Anti-Tank Weaponry:17,100
Anti-Aircraft Weaponry:290 (Vehicles), 12,230 (MANPAD)
Logistical Vehicles:98,370
Total Navy Ships:691
Aircraft Carriers:2
Submarines:56
Destroyers:45
Frigates:73
Mine Warfare Craft:0
Patrol Craft:503
Amphibious Assault Vessels:0
Total Airports:8
Merchant Marine Strength:0
Major Ports & Terminals:9
Accurate as of: 10/03/2012
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:09 pm

Santheres wrote:Well-thought-out, at least, though expecting exact numbers for some of these things is pretty unreasonable, especially for larger nations. Then there's no accounting for modernity of technology, which is actually a fairly valuable data point. Then there's blanket categories for things that shouldn't honestly be blanket categories; logistics vehicles, for example. More detailed information is valuable there for any RPer who thinks of warfare as more than just "pew pew, post losses." You yourself call them oft-overlooked, but then you proceed to marginalize them. Same for merchant marine.

I also do doubt that people will be reasonable and will attempt instead to constantly one-up each other, as they always do in FNI threads wherein one-upsmanship can actually occur.

You'll want to limit this to MT, by the way. The results would be meaningless if you included PT, PMT, and FT data.

This form is not for counting technology: just numbers. While the technology is a valuable point, this is purely a numbers game. And I've also used the definitions from the site, and it had logistical vehicles as opposed to another load of categories.

On terms of technology, I think that if you were planning to go to war with someone you would reference their factbooks and see what it is their using: this list is purely numbers for people who therwise wouldn't release that information. If we included technology, I'd take a week to fill up two applications.

And yes, I have limited this to MT.

Sailsia wrote:Wow, this is very interesting. Looking forward to seeing some of the stuff people post. However, I would recommend you perhaps maintain two lists, one for nations who have capped their populations, and one for those who haven't. It makes it a lot easier for players like me who is not interested in seeing multi-billion man armies ;)

Well, if need be I can add notes to the numbers, like I did with my aircraft carriers. Example being (Nation A: Population 59,000,000 (capped))

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:14 pm

First Update!

Radictistan
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Radictistan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 am

I have two questions about the definitions used. First, in terms of numbers of tanks, IFVs, etc, should I include examples that are in storage rather than assigned to any units? I have a large number of MBTs and a few IFVs/APCs that are simply warehoused for dire emergencies and could not be activated for combat on short notice due to lack of crews and the wear on the vehicles. The maintenance guys turn the engines on for a couple of hours every month and might fire a round or two from the main gun but otherwise they're not really in service. Including them in my total would increase my total number of MBTs by about 25% despite it being unlikely that they could be ever used short a multi-year total war.

Second, by numbers of merchant marine ships, do you mean Radictistani-flagged vessels or Radictistani-owned vessels? The standard is flagged but I want to be sure.

The Seven Realms
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Realms » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 am

I'm all-tech, so I guess my MT version fits here.

APPLICATION OR UPDATE
Total Population: 1.012 Billion
Available Military Manpower: 5,370,635
Active Military Manpower: 2,358,621
Active Reserve Manpower: 3,012,014
Manpower Fit for Service: 451,092,123
Reaching Military Age Annually: 182,312,091
Labor Forces: 678,234,102
Total Aircraft: 5,022
Helicopters: 3,912
Total Land Weapons:
Tanks: 3,012
APCs / IFVs: 6,024
Towed Artillery: 680
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 1,291
Rocket Artillery (MLRS): 1,892
Mortar Systems: 470
Anti-Tank Weaponry: 35,920
Anti-Aircraft Weaponry: 43,092
Logistical Vehicles: 98,023
Total Navy Ships: 402
Aircraft Carriers: 15
Submarines: 72
Destroyers: 56
Frigates: 60
Mine Warfare Craft: 12
Patrol Craft: 8
Amphibious Assault Vessels: 12
Total Airports: 182,012
Merchant Marine Strength: 70(ships)
Major Ports & Terminals: 72
Accurate as of: 11/03/2012
The Seven Commonwealth Realms of Alestria

DEFCON: [1] 2 3 4 5|Homefront
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
PSICOM Alertness:[1] 2 3|Tier 1 Emergency
Love Dog wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:
tank crew wearing skirts? you know the gunner sits between the commanders legs right? :oops:

That's just plain epic.

Flag is accurate
I'm an F-14
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.38

I can be pretty authoritarian if I put my mind to it, apparently.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Radictistan wrote:I have two questions about the definitions used. First, in terms of numbers of tanks, IFVs, etc, should I include examples that are in storage rather than assigned to any units? I have a large number of MBTs and a few IFVs/APCs that are simply warehoused for dire emergencies and could not be activated for combat on short notice due to lack of crews and the wear on the vehicles. The maintenance guys turn the engines on for a couple of hours every month and might fire a round or two from the main gun but otherwise they're not really in service. Including them in my total would increase my total number of MBTs by about 25% despite it being unlikely that they could be ever used short a multi-year total war.

Second, by numbers of merchant marine ships, do you mean Radictistani-flagged vessels or Radictistani-owned vessels? The standard is flagged but I want to be sure.

In terms of tanks (and everything else) the total amount is the amount of tanks that could feasibly be operated in a large scale conventional war, it reflects the total amount of assets a nation may commit to an overall war effort if need be- so if it works and it would be brought into service, count it. By merchant marines, that applies to ships owned by your nations AND flagged in your nation.

Arumdaum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Oct 21, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arumdaum » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:02 am

APPLICATION OR UPDATE
Total Population: 2,739,841,950
Available Military Manpower: 1,433,578,872
Active Military Manpower: 188,554
Active Reserve Manpower: 46,446
Manpower Fit for Service: 1209,962,004
Reaching Military Age Annually: 37,956,708
Labor Forces: 1,630,600,000
Total Aircraft: 2,308
Helicopters: 714
Total Land Weapons: 21,345
Tanks: 4,140
APCs / IFVs: 6,557
Towed Artillery: 660
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 801
Rocket Artillery (MLRS): 530
Mortar Systems: 7,601
Anti-Tank Weaponry: 49,522
Anti-Aircraft Weaponry: 6,786
Logistical Vehicles: 27,378
Total Navy Ships: 301
Aircraft Carriers: 2
Submarines: 17
Destroyers: 6
Frigates: 19
Mine Warfare Craft: 24
Patrol Craft: 63
Amphibious Assault Vessels: 57
Total Airports: 81,009
Merchant Marine Strength: 630
Major Ports & Terminals: 191
Accurate as of: 21/09/2011
Last edited by Arumdaum on Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
LITERALLY UNLIKE ANY OTHER RP REGION & DON'T REPORT THIS SIG
█████████████████▌TIANDI ____________██____██
_______███▌MAP _______________██_____██_████████
█████████████████▌WIKI _______██______██___██____██
_______████ DISCORD ________██████___██____██______█

____████__████ SIGNUP _________██___████___██____
__████_______████_____________██______██__________██
████____________████_______█████████___███████████

Nitom
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Nitom » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:31 am

size=150]APPLICATION OR UPDATE[/size]
Total Population: 7.68 billion
Available Military Manpower: 200,000,000
Active Military Manpower: 150,000,000
Active Reserve Manpower: 50,000,000
Manpower Fit for Service: 7 billion
Reaching Military Age Annually: 12,530,000
Labor Forces: 6,000,000,000
Total Aircraft: 120,000
Helicopters: 38,000
Total Land Weapons: 2,500,000
Tanks: 100,000
APCs / IFVs:60,000
Towed Artillery: 200,000
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 200,000
Rocket Artillery (MLRS): 440,000
Mortar Systems: 300,000
Anti-Tank Weaponry: 400,000
Anti-Aircraft Weaponry: 300,000
Logistical Vehicles: 500,000
Total Navy Ships: 1,203,070 (including merchant navy)
Aircraft Carriers: 120
Submarines: 150
Destroyers: 500
Frigates: 360
Mine Warfare Craft: 40
Patrol Craft: 1,000
Amphibious Assault Vessels: 1,200,000
Total Airports: 150,000
Merchant Marine Strength: 900 ships
Major Ports & Terminals: 2,900
Accurate as of: 12/3/12
"Good, better, best.
Never let it rest.
'Till your good is better
And your better is best." -St. Jerome

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:44 am

Updated.

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:32 am

APPLICATION
Total Population: 421 million
Available Military Manpower: 361.1 million
Active Military Manpower: 304 thousand
Active Reserve Manpower: 709 thousand
Manpower Fit for Service: 403 million (given our superhumanity)
Reaching Military Age Annually: 102 million
Labor Forces: 245 million
Total Aircraft Spacecraft: 309 thousand
Helicopters: We are not MT, nor have we ever existed before MT.
Total Land Weapons: 796 million
Tanks: We don't use tanks anymore.
APCs / IFVs: 21 thousand. They're quite large.
Towed Artillery: 32 thousand.
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 795 million. (city turret traps, mostly)
Rocket Artillery (MLRS): 96 thousand
Mortar Systems: Too basic; not in service.
Anti-Tank Weaponry: Not needed, due to our multifunctional systems.
Anti-Aircraft Weaponry: The self-propelled guns do that.
Logistical Vehicles: 84 thousand
Total Navy Ships: We have/need no navy.
Aircraft Carriers: *AHEM* We have/need no navy.
Submarines: I SAID, we have/need no navy!
Destroyers: WE HAVE NO NAVY!
Frigates: WE ARE FT, WE CAN PLUNGE STARSHIPS UNDER THE WAVES!
Mine Warfare Craft: *groan*
Patrol Craft: We. Do. Not. Have. A. NAVY.
Amphibious Assault Vessels: In terms of land and sea, we have omnibuses and hovercraft. 89 thousand.
Total Airports blast-off points: 2 million.
Merchant Marine Strength: No navy = no marines.
Major Ports & Terminals: We. Have. No. Need. For. Sea. Vehicles.
Accurate as of: 03/12/2012
Last edited by Cruciland on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

The Seven Realms
Minister

Founded: Sep 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Seven Realms » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Cruciland wrote:APPLICATION
Amphibious Assault Vessels: In terms of land and sea, we have omnibuses and hovercraft. 89 thousand.

If your nation never existed in MT.

Then why are you posting here? :eyebrow:
The Seven Commonwealth Realms of Alestria

DEFCON: [1] 2 3 4 5|Homefront
(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
PSICOM Alertness:[1] 2 3|Tier 1 Emergency
Love Dog wrote:
The UK in Exile wrote:
tank crew wearing skirts? you know the gunner sits between the commanders legs right? :oops:

That's just plain epic.

Flag is accurate
I'm an F-14
Economic Left/Right: 6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.38

I can be pretty authoritarian if I put my mind to it, apparently.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 pm

Added a highlight for the lowest and highest numbers of each category.

The Cookish States
Minister

Founded: Jun 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cookish States » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:21 am

Lowest in nearly every category :lol:

And yet, I'm being invaded by a coalition of about 12 nations including Lamoni :P
Oh, is this sig supposed to make you laugh?

Sovereign Rulers
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovereign Rulers » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:02 am

APPLICATION OR UPDATE
Total Population: 1 648 000 000
Available Military Manpower: 461 440 000
Active Military Manpower: 92 288 000
Active Reserve Manpower: 369 152 000
Manpower Fit for Service: 758 080 000
Reaching Military Age Annually: 24 088 479
Labor Forces: 107 677 024 000
Total Aircraft: 233 453 891
Helicopters: 81 708 861
Total Land Weapons: 4 530 545
Tanks: 1 132 636
APCs / IFVs: 1 313 858
Towed Artillery: 634 276
Self-Propelled Guns (SPGs): 294 485
Rocket Artillery (MLRS): 223 808
Mortar Systems: 53 330
Anti-Tank Weaponry: 140 595
Anti-Aircraft Weaponry: 1 000 500
Logistical Vehicles: 1 696 540
Total Navy Ships: 755
Aircraft Carriers: 20
Submarines: 40
Destroyers: 40
Frigates: 45
Mine Warfare Craft: 10
Patrol Craft: 500
Amphibious Assault Vessels: 100
Total Airports: 150 352
Merchant Marine Strength: 2000
Major Ports & Terminals: 54
Accurate as of: 13/03/2012

I'd like some input. Are these numbers reasonable for a nation my size?
Economic Left/Right: -8.75 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

Libertarian Socialist.

RIGHT-WING LIBERTARIANISM IS NOT ANARCHISM.

Hippostanian Ron Paul quotes removed on pleasant request.

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 am

The Seven Realms wrote:
Cruciland wrote:APPLICATION

If your nation never existed in MT.

Then why are you posting here? :eyebrow:

Because I can edit it to become Late-FT. :idea:
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information