NATION

PASSWORD

Rugby (Domestic, League & Union) OOC discussion thread.

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:49 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:Anybody fancy some League Friendlies before the RLWCX?

EDIT: Sorthern Northland's Puppet, could you add the Friendlies thread to the list of threads at the beginning of this thread, Thx

I suppose I would. Western Cuba is forming a rugby team in Trinidad that is still yet to be named. They'll be glad to have a few friendlies before the RLWC10. Is signups open for that yet by the way and does anyone plan on doing rugby sevens rankings.
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Wolfmanne
Senator

Founded: Mar 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Wolfmanne » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:13 pm

Sorry about my long break from NS Sports. So, what's happened?
Cicero thinks I'm Rome's Helen of Troy and Octavian thinks he'll get his money, the stupid fools.

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:18 am

Wolfmanne wrote:Sorry about my long break from NS Sports. So, what's happened?

Western Cuba hosted the sevens world cup and Darmen hosted the union world cup.
Winner of Rugby World Cup 18 and R7WC 2.
Host of Rugby League World Cup XVII

Hosted: Domestic leagues, Rugby League World Cup XVII

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

3rd Copa Rushmori VI, Beach Cup 13
2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:32 am

A new sports region *cough*which you could join*cough* was formed, Esportiva, we had our first domestic rugby season.

The RLWC10 signups are coming soon

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:01 pm

Would anyone be interested in some Union friendlies with me or my puppet New Sydney? I would like to throw them into scorination with my domestic league as a sort of winter internationals break. Will scorinate tomorrow and no rp required

Advanced passed groups/qualifiers: Rugby World Cup 17 (Quarter-finals), Copa Rushmori VI, Rugby World Cup 18, R7WC 2, Beach Cup 13, 9th GCF World Twenty20, Rugby League World Cup XVII (Quarter-finals)

2nd None
1st Rugby World Cup 18, Rugby 7's World Cup 2, gold medal men's doubles badminton at one iteration of the Olympics.

Australian and proud!

Western cuba
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Western cuba » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 pm

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:Would anyone be interested in some Union friendlies with me or my puppet New Sydney? I would like to throw them into scorination with my domestic league as a sort of winter internationals break. Will scorinate tomorrow and no rp required

My national team will to have a friendly against you or your puppet.

However though is anyone going to do the rugby sevens rankings?
Now known as the Technological State of Adros, the successor state of Western Cuba

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:21 pm

The Kiaser Colonies wrote:Would anyone be interested in some Union friendlies with me or my puppet New Sydney? I would like to throw them into scorination with my domestic league as a sort of winter internationals break. Will scorinate tomorrow and no rp required
We'll bite.
Western cuba wrote:However though is anyone going to do the rugby sevens rankings?
TBI did the rankings last time, perhaps you should ask him.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:55 pm

Darmen wrote:
We'll bite.

Western cuba wrote: My national team will to have a friendly against you or your puppet.

However though is anyone going to do the rugby sevens rankings?

Ok. TKC V Darmen @ the National Rugby Stadium, Watson's Bay

New Sydney V Western Cuba @ George Mortlock Stadium, New Sydney.

Results will appear in the scorination of my league tomorrow on the domestic rugby thread. Anyone else?

2nd None

Australian and proud!

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:08 am

RLWC?

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Sorry. Those friendlies may not be up until late. Had a family day out (boring)

2nd None

Australian and proud!

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Darmen wrote:
Western cuba wrote:However though is anyone going to do the rugby sevens rankings?
TBI did the rankings last time, perhaps you should ask him.

I can do sevens rankings. Before I do that, a question: Should they include only R7WC !, or should they also include the tournament that fed into R7WC I and gave that tournament its rankings? A case can be made either way, and it obviously affects the numbers. My mild preference is to include both, simply because more data is usually better.

Cyborg Holland wrote:RLWC?

Soon, we hope, saith my puppets.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Darmen
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2011
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Darmen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:47 pm

The Babbage Islands wrote:
Darmen wrote:TBI did the rankings last time, perhaps you should ask him.

I can do sevens rankings. Before I do that, a question: Should they include only R7WC !, or should they also include the tournament that fed into R7WC I and gave that tournament its rankings? A case can be made either way, and it obviously affects the numbers. My mild preference is to include both, simply because more data is usually better.

I would prefer that they used both tournaments, as the previous rankings were used during R7WC 1. It just doens't make sense to not use them this time around as well.
The Republic of Darmen
President: Sebastian Elliott (NLP) | Capital: Scott City | Population: 10.6 mil | Demonym: Darmeni | Trigramme: DAR
Factbook (WIP) | Encylopedia | Domestic Sports Newswire
Champions: CoH 51, CR 13, GCF Test 9, GCF Test 13, WBC 25, QWC 7 Runners-up: CoH 53, CR 10, GCF Test 11, T20C 2, T20C 4, RLWC 10, WBC 42
Third: CR 20, T20C 10, RLWC 20, RLWC 22, R7WC 4, WBC 21, BC 6 Host: CR 9, RWC 18, RWC 26, RWC 35, RLWC 12, RLWC 18, RLWC 22, BC 6, BC 10, WVE 4

Chetkosk
Envoy

Founded: Apr 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chetkosk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:55 pm

I would say both too, for the same reason. Why base R7WC 1 on those ranks and then discard them?
The Federal Republic of Chetkosk | Capital - Berlinengrad | Population - 96,645,500 | Head of Government - Chancellor Bogdan Mikhailovich | Trigramme - CHK | Demonym - Chetkoski | ccTLD - .chk | National Wiki
Baptism of Fire 43 - Quarter finalists
WC56, 57, 58 - Qualified
WC59 - Ro16
RLWC8 - 2nd Place
R7WC1 - 4th Place

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:57 am

As someone who's kept away from the Sevens World Cup, I would suggest using them both. As Chetkosk says, why use them for a tournament and then discard them.

As for the League World Cup, I've not forgotten about it, just not gotten round to it yet. I'll get the signups started later today, promise.
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

NS Rugby Board Executive Council
Envoy

Founded: Jan 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby NS Rugby Board Executive Council » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:27 am

...and here are the Rugby League World Cup signups.
Discussion | Domestic Club Play
This was the official account of the NS Rugby Board Executive Council. It is now maintained for legacy purposes only.
You all wanted NSRB dead. And you got it. If this isn't about you, then don't make it about you.

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Rugby Sevens world rankings are updated!

Khabarovsk Krai               7.915
Chetkosk 7.125
Kulverint 7.125
Krytenia 6.613
Mytannion 5.525
Swartaz 5.269
The Kiaser Colonies 4.757
Civil Citizenry 4.736
Darmen 4.224
Polar Islandstates 3.819
Marohirohi 3.733
Tekcirb 3.733
Western cuba 3.467
Silver Beach 3.200
Triimora 3.200
Delaclava 3.136
Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk 2.667
Peisandros 2.432
Sorthern Northland 2.304
Quintessence of Dust 2.176
The Babbage Islands 2.176
Carloso 2.133
Cyborg Holland 2.133
Euskirribakondara 2.133
Thatius 2.133
84733842 1.920
Krumbia 1.867
Colmark 1.536
Rum Cay 1.408
Beaverriver 1.280
The new old world 1.280
St Eedyets 1.152
Undead soldier land 1.152
Afrikaner-folk 1.067
Demarlandia 1.067
Homelands our 1.067
Mazusa 1.067
New Serbia 1.067
Orlkjestad 1.067
Ouearotion 1.067
Wolfmanne 1.024
Carmadin 0.800
Megadia 0.800
Carasatoga 0.533
Cotdelapoms 0.533
Seathen 0.533
Soviet Canuckistan 0.533
Green Jello Salad 0.512
Prince Bartholomew Islands 0.000

Mangolana
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 am

Do you have to be a member of the NSRB to submit a host-bid for the Rugby League World Cup?
Pronounced: Man-Go-Lan-a
Deuce is Loose
Qualified for World Cup 59, 60, 65
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Won: Beach Cup IX
Second: Market Cup, Graveyard Cup
Third: Market Cup II, WIF/SC II
Fourth: Market Cup 4
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:08 am

Mangolana wrote:Do you have to be a member of the NSRB to submit a host-bid for the Rugby League World Cup?

I wouldn't think so, at least as long as you were an entrant in that cup, although only current members would vote.

Mangolana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:39 am

Mangolana wrote:Do you have to be a member of the NSRB to submit a host-bid for the Rugby League World Cup?

I wouldn't think so, at least as long as you were an entrant in that cup, although only current members would vote.

Okay thank-you
Deuce is Loose
Hosted: World Lacrosse Championship XI, Market Cup, Market Cup II, Soccer for Hope, Beach Cup 4, WISC 2, WISC 4, Campeonato Rushmori Juvenil Sub-20 and Sub-17
Quartefinals: IBC 8, World Lacrosse Campionship XI, World Junior Ice hockey Championship, Buchadinger Cup II, Market Cup 3

The Kiaser Colonies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Kiaser Colonies » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:38 am

7th in sevens, its an omen i tell ya'.

2nd None

Australian and proud!

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:16 am

Indeed. There's not actually any written restrictions on who can host, though I think in the past a sort of de facto requirement to have previously participated in a rugby tournament has been exercised. Perhaps it's worth putting something similar in writing in the NSRB governing document.
I'm not on the Greenwich Meridian so my time is a few seconds behind. Bear that in mind.

Kulverint
Minister

Founded: Jul 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kulverint » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:51 am

Darmen wrote:TBI did the rankings last time, perhaps you should ask him.

Cyborg Holland wrote:RLWC?

Soon, we hope, saith my puppets.

I'd use both, considering the original ranks were used for the first tournament.

EDIT: Never mind, I like being second.
Last edited by Kulverint on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mangolana
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Mangolana » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Well considering I have been in the RWC i think three times before, would it be okay for me to bid without stirring up some kind of rucuss for not being in a RLWC before in your opinions?
Deuce is Loose

Ancharmunn
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Ancharmunn » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:28 am

For me as long as you've previously competed in one of the NSRB tournaments, I'd see it as okay to put in a bid for a tournament in another code.

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:53 pm

With the completion of Rugby League World Cup 10 (and thank you, Aels, for seeing Mangolana's bid through to completion) it is time, according to the governing document, for the Executive Council to organise the election of the Section Vice-Presidents. Four tournaments have taken place since the governing document was established: RLWC 9, R7WC 1, RWC 18, and RLWC 10.

I'll edit this post over the next few minutes to compile a list of current NSRB members by section, then let others identify puppets and update accordingly.

League Section (President): Ancharmunn, Brodskopolis, Camwood, Chetkosk, Cyborg Holland, Darmen, Green Jello Salad/Waltzing Matilda, Mangolana, Mapletish, Polar Islandstates, Saugeais.

Sevens Section (1st VP): Abcdefghijklmnopqrstuk, Chetkosk, Cyborg Holland, Darmen, Euskirribakondara, Khabarovsk Krai, Kulverint, Marohirohi, Mazusa (CTE), Silver Beach (CTE), Tekcirb, Thatius, The Kiaser Colonies, Triimoria, Western Cuba.

Union Section (2nd VP): Ancharmunn, Ares-y-Penthesilea, Camwood, Chetkosk, Cyborg Holland, Darmen, Khytenna, Kulverint, Mangolana, New Sydney, Polar Islandstates, Rhodesiah, Saugeais, Tekcirb, The Kiaser Colonies, Triimoric, Tymason, West Zirconia.
Last edited by The Babbage Islands on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports