NATION

PASSWORD

One Ron Paul Thread to Rule Them All, one thread to find him

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Moustacheopolis
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Moustacheopolis » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 am

Dempublicents1 wrote:
Vyvansia wrote:
Actually, they're conflating rights with powers. I think UNA was hinting at this.

They do a bit of both. After all, Ron Paul says that "states' rights" are found in the 9th amendment, despite the fact that it doesn't mention the states at all.

You may be thinking of the 10th amendment. Correct me if I'm wrong.
http://archives.gov/exhibits/charters/b ... cript.html

That being said, I think Ron Paul's whole arguement is not so much conflation of state's rights with people's rights, but with limiting the federal government's authority and allowing the citizens of states some degree of self determination. After all, in a sense the U.S. is not "one state", but fifty, The U.S. is merely the union.

Just explaining my take on it, not neccessarily my personal opinion, though I am sympathetic to Paul's aims (wouldn't be here if I wasn't.).
Ifreann wrote:You, like so many others before you, wholly misunderstand what is going on here. Arguing is the point. We enjoy it. That's why we do it all the fucking time.

Max Barry stole my flag!

Economic Left/Right: 7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.87

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:45 am

Moustacheopolis wrote:
Dempublicents1 wrote:
They do a bit of both. After all, Ron Paul says that "states' rights" are found in the 9th amendment, despite the fact that it doesn't mention the states at all.

That being said, I think Ron Paul's whole arguement is not so much conflation of state's rights with people's rights, but with limiting the federal government's authority and allowing the citizens of states some degree of self determination. After all, in a sense the U.S. is not "one state", but fifty, The U.S. is merely the union.

Just explaining my take on it, not neccessarily my personal opinion, though I am sympathetic to Paul's aims (wouldn't be here if I wasn't.).

Her point was that Ron Paul may be thinking of the 10th.

Care to elaborate on how the citizens of the United States lack self-determination? And what you mean by that?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Dempublicents1
Senator

Founded: Mar 28, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:57 am

Moustacheopolis wrote:That being said, I think Ron Paul's whole arguement is not so much conflation of state's rights with people's rights, but with limiting the federal government's authority and allowing the citizens of states some degree of self determination. After all, in a sense the U.S. is not "one state", but fifty, The U.S. is merely the union.

That may be true in some cases, but not in his "states' rights" arguments. His states' rights arguments are pretty much exclusively areas in which he wants to remove rights from the people and place greater authority in the hands of the states. He wants to grant the states powers currently denied to all levels of government on the basis of individual rights.

That isn't "allowing the citizens of states some degree of self determination." It is, "taking self determination away from the citizens of the states by giving their governments more power over them."

Farnhamia wrote:
Moustacheopolis wrote:

Her point was that Ron Paul may be thinking of the 10th.

Actually, he has stated that both the 9th and 10th grant "states' rights", so he cannot simply have gotten them mixed up.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul120.html

There are, however, states' rights — rights plainly affirmed in the Ninth and Tenth amendments.

He makes multiple mistakes here. The most obvious, of course, is the fact that the 9th amendment doesn't even mention the states, much less grant them rights. But, more importantly, his assertion that the Constitution, at any point, grants rights to the states is patently incorrect. It's just more evidence, really, that he's never actually read it. The Constitution grants powers to the states. Rights are always reserved to the people.
"If I poke you with a needle, you feel pain. If I hit you repeatedly in the testicles with a brick, you feel pain. Ergo, the appropriate response to being vaccinated is to testicle-punch your doctor with a brick. It all makes perfect sense now!" -The Norwegian Blue

"In fact, the post was blended with four delicious flavors of sarcasm, then dipped in an insincerity sauce, breaded with mock seriousness, then deep fried in scalding, trans-fat-free-sarcasm oil." - Flameswroth

Grenville
Secretary

Founded: Dec 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Grenville » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:50 pm

I like Ron Paul but he doesn't have a chance of winning that nomination

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Grenville wrote:I like Ron Paul but he doesn't have a chance of winning that nomination

What's to like? From what I can see, he wants to take the country back not to the last century but to the one before that.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Laissez-Faire
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Laissez-Faire » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Grenville wrote:I like Ron Paul but he doesn't have a chance of winning that nomination

What's to like? From what I can see, he wants to take the country back not to the last century but to the one before that.

The nineteenth century was far from libertarian in political structure.
Sanguinthium wrote:and then the government abolishes itself after its purpose has been served
Vestr-Norig wrote:I'm sorry, I am not familiar with your highbrow words.
Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia wrote:Ah, how heavenly & masturbatable must unregulated capitalism be!
Parpolitic Citizens wrote:You're one of the most disingenuous people I've seen here.
Parpolitic Citizens wrote:Do you see any value in human dignity or happiness? I'm not trolling. I'm seriously wondering if you're a sociopath.

Alien Space Bats
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: One Ron Paul Thread to Rule Them All, one thread to find

Postby Alien Space Bats » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Laissez-Faire wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:What's to like? From what I can see, he wants to take the country back not to the last century but to the one before that.

The eighteenth wasn't very libertarian, either.
"These states are just saying 'Yes, I used to beat my girlfriend, but I haven't since the restraining order, so we don't need it anymore.'" — Stephen Colbert, Comedian, on Shelby County v. Holder

"Do you see how policing blacks by the presumption of guilt and policing whites by the presumption of innocence is a self-reinforcing mechanism?" — Touré Neblett, MSNBC Commentator and Social Critic

"You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in."Songwriter Oscar Brown in 1963, foretelling the election of Donald J. Trump

President Donald J. Trump: Working Tirelessly to Make Russia Great Again

Dempublicents1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Laissez-Faire wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:What's to like? From what I can see, he wants to take the country back not to the last century but to the one before that.

And Paul's stances are far from libertarian.
"If I poke you with a needle, you feel pain. If I hit you repeatedly in the testicles with a brick, you feel pain. Ergo, the appropriate response to being vaccinated is to testicle-punch your doctor with a brick. It all makes perfect sense now!" -The Norwegian Blue

"In fact, the post was blended with four delicious flavors of sarcasm, then dipped in an insincerity sauce, breaded with mock seriousness, then deep fried in scalding, trans-fat-free-sarcasm oil." - Flameswroth

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

Maybe it's his stance on not not suspending due process on suspected terrorists (which he has voted in favor of)...
Or his strong belief in civil rights (which he has voted against in favor of state rights to deny said civil rights)...
Or his want of marriage reform (which he did... by supporting DOMA)...
Or how he'd legalize drugs (not really, he'd just have the states make them illegal)...
Or how he'd fix the budget (with a plan that's not only incredibly stupid, but will never get through Congress, and he'd sooner just let the country go bankrupt by vetoing a debt ceiling raise, because you know, that will fix everything)...
Or how he'd take US troops out of all the places (including where they're actually wanted, and likely replaced by private contractors, because everyone loved Blackwater)...
Or that he loves the Constitution (which he absolutely does not)...
Or that he's an honest man (Despite the fact that he wrote a racist newsletter just to drum up extremist support, admitted to it then later lied about it)...
Or that he's a great liberator like Lincoln (he HATES Lincoln by the way, and thinks the South should have won the Civil War)...
And let's not forget he's the only moderate in a field of radicals (When he's actually more radical than the Tea Partiers)...

If anyone truly believes Ron Paul would be anything short of a disaster who pushes against civil rights, well, I have a gold-plated copy of Atlas Shrugged signed by Ayn Rand, Ghandi, the vampire LeStat, and Chuck Norris to sell you.
Only here when I'm VERY VERY VERY bored now.
(Trump is Reagan 2.0: A nationalistic bimbo who will ruin America.)
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/
A non-idealist centre-leftist

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

I support Obama. And so would FA Hayek.

34 arguments Libertarians (and sometimes AnCaps) make, and why they are wrong.

Laissez-Faire
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Laissez-Faire » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:39 pm

Death Metal wrote:

Maybe it's his stance on not not suspending due process on suspected terrorists (which he has voted in favor of)...
Or his strong belief in civil rights (which he has voted against in favor of state rights to deny said civil rights)...
Or how he'd legalize drugs (not really, he'd just have the states make them illegal)...
Or how he'd fix the budget (with a plan that's not only incredibly stupid, but will never get through Congress, and he'd sooner just let the country go bankrupt by vetoing a debt ceiling raise, because you know, that will fix everything)...
Or how he'd take US troops out of all the places (including where they're actually wanted, and likely replaced by private contractors, because everyone loved Blackwater)...
Or that he's an honest man (Despite the fact that he wrote a racist newsletter just to drum up extremist support, admitted to it then later lied about it)...
Or that he's a great liberator like Lincoln (he HATES Lincoln by the way, and thinks the South should have won the Civil War)...
And let's not forget he's the only moderate in a field of radicals (When he's actually more radical than the Tea Partiers)...

If anyone truly believes Ron Paul would be anything short of a disaster who pushes against civil rights, well, I have a gold-plated copy of Atlas Shrugged signed by Ayn Rand, Ghandi, the vampire LeStat, and Chuck Norris to sell you.

If you could prove even half of those statements, I might begin to believe you.
Sanguinthium wrote:and then the government abolishes itself after its purpose has been served
Vestr-Norig wrote:I'm sorry, I am not familiar with your highbrow words.
Greater Evil Imperial Japanese Dystopia wrote:Ah, how heavenly & masturbatable must unregulated capitalism be!
Parpolitic Citizens wrote:You're one of the most disingenuous people I've seen here.
Parpolitic Citizens wrote:Do you see any value in human dignity or happiness? I'm not trolling. I'm seriously wondering if you're a sociopath.

Dempublicents1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 pm

Laissez-Faire wrote:If you could prove even half of those statements, I might begin to believe you.

Try reading the thread.

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:22 pm

Laissez-Faire wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

Half of them are good. The other half are just bullshit, especially the racism charge, which is nothing but libel.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 pm

Gladly.

1) He voted in favor of the Authorized Use of Military Force Act of 2001, which allows the Administrative Branch to effectively say anyone may have been involved with 9/11 and they would become a wanted man.

Text of Bill: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.J.RES.64:
His Vote: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll342.xml

2) He spoke against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which repealed the infamous state-supported "Jim Crow" laws, while also implying that racist business practices should be protected over people's right to go where they please without persecution and segregation, while also ignoring that it paved the way for further civil rights legislation including the Voting Right Act: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... 78688.html

Note that in the article, he also implies that slavery shouldn't have been made illegal. Why? "Because it fostered racial tensions".

3) Support of the Marraige Protection Act, which not only affirmed DOMA, but made it bulletproof against major courts: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z ... 03313:@@@P

4) On Ron Paul's favoring of PMCs, legislation he introduced to grant PMCs Letters of Marque to hunt down terrorists: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-107h ... 3076ih.pdf

Constitutional yes, but look at what Blackwater did in Iraq behind the US Military's back. Our approval in foreign countries is bad enough without sponsoring renegade actions.

5) Ron Paul's racist newsletter drama: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/ ... ?mobile=nc

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/former ... wsletters/

Also, Ron Paul s links to white-supremacy groups: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

6) Ron Paul against the debt ceiling raises, which, while not preferable to solving the debt entirely at all, are necessary to keep the government from shutting down: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

7) Ron Paul on a public speech saying the South was right in the Civil War, because state rights to allow slavery are more important than getting rid of slavery: http://www.theatlantic.com/personal/arc ... ry/251766/

I'd look for more, but just listening to the guy defend the South in the above clip gives me a headache.
Death Metal: A nation founded on the most powerful force in the world: METAL! \m/

Alts: Ronpaulatia, Bisonopolis, Iga, Gygaxia, The Children of Skyrim, Tinfoil Fedoras

Pro: Civil Equality, Scaled Income Taxes, Centralized Govtt, Moderate Business Regulations, Heavy Metal
Con: Censorship in any medium, Sales Tax, Flat Tax, Small Govt, Overly Large Govt, Laissez Faire, AutoTuner.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 pm

Fr33domland wrote: especially the racism charge, which is nothing but libel.

It's not libel because there's strong evidence that shows he might just be racist. See above post, including links to white-supremacy groups.

Dempublicents1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Fr33domland wrote:Half of them are good. The other half are just bullshit, especially the racism charge, which is nothing but libel.

Which do you believe to be "just bullshit"? The fact that he lent his name to and profited off of a series of newsletters that often printed racist and homophobic material is indisputable. He may not have personally written them, but it is ample evidence that he either agrees with those views or is perfectly happy pandering to them.
Last edited by Dempublicents1 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dempublicents1
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Dempublicents1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Death Metal wrote:2) He spoke against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which repealed the infamous state-supported "Jim Crow" laws, while also implying that racist business practices should be protected over people's right to go where they please without persecution and segregation, while also ignoring that it paved the way for further civil rights legislation including the Voting Right Act: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... 78688.html

Not to mention his "We the People Act" which would turn back the clock on religious freedom, privacy rights, and equal protection - taking us backwards at least a century on those.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Dempublicents1 wrote:
Fr33domland wrote:Half of them are good. The other half are just bullshit, especially the racism charge, which is nothing but libel.

Which do you believe to be "just bullshit"? The fact that he lent his name to and profited off of a series of newsletters that often printed racist and homophobic material is indisputable. He may not have personally written them, but it is ample evidence that he either agrees with those views or is perfectly happy pandering to them.

Plus those white power ties are suspicious at the very least.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Dempublicents1 wrote:
Death Metal wrote:2) He spoke against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which repealed the infamous state-supported "Jim Crow" laws, while also implying that racist business practices should be protected over people's right to go where they please without persecution and segregation, while also ignoring that it paved the way for further civil rights legislation including the Voting Right Act: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... 78688.html

Not to mention his "We the People Act" which would turn back the clock on religious freedom, privacy rights, and equal protection - taking us backwards at least a century on those.

OH MAN I FORGOT THE WE THE PEOPLE ACT

Which is also outright unconstitutional as it allows Congress to trump the Supreme Court in judiciary matters...

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:04 pm

What will be interesting is when he finally takes a dirt nap. Will the son inherit the throne?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:08 pm

Laissez-Faire wrote:
Death Metal wrote:

All the proof you could want.

Edit: whoops, I need to watch where I place my text.
Last edited by Wikkiwallana on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:09 pm

Death Metal wrote:Gladly.

1) He voted in favor of the Authorized Use of Military Force Act of 2001, which allows the Administrative Branch to effectively say anyone may have been involved with 9/11 and they would become a wanted man.

Text of Bill: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c107:H.J.RES.64:
His Vote: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2001/roll342.xml

2) He spoke against the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which repealed the infamous state-supported "Jim Crow" laws, while also implying that racist business practices should be protected over people's right to go where they please without persecution and segregation, while also ignoring that it paved the way for further civil rights legislation including the Voting Right Act: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/0 ... 78688.html

Note that in the article, he also implies that slavery shouldn't have been made illegal. Why? "Because it fostered racial tensions".

3) Support of the Marraige Protection Act, which not only affirmed DOMA, but made it bulletproof against major courts: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z ... 03313:@@@P

4) On Ron Paul's favoring of PMCs, legislation he introduced to grant PMCs Letters of Marque to hunt down terrorists: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-107h ... 3076ih.pdf

Constitutional yes, but look at what Blackwater did in Iraq behind the US Military's back. Our approval in foreign countries is bad enough without sponsoring renegade actions.

5) Ron Paul's racist newsletter drama: http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/ ... ?mobile=nc

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/former ... wsletters/

Also, Ron Paul s links to white-supremacy groups: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

6) Ron Paul against the debt ceiling raises, which, while not preferable to solving the debt entirely at all, are necessary to keep the government from shutting down: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/ ... story.html

7) Ron Paul on a public speech saying the South was right in the Civil War, because state rights to allow slavery are more important than getting rid of slavery: http://www.theatlantic.com/personal/arc ... ry/251766/

I'd look for more, but just listening to the guy defend the South in the above clip gives me a headache.

Ooh, I'm adding this to my bundle.

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:What will be interesting is when he finally takes a dirt nap. Will the son inherit the throne?

He's not running for reelection to focus on campaigning for Presidency, so it might happen sooner, like when he loses the race.

Xenohumanity wrote:

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:05 am

Death Metal wrote:
Fr33domland wrote: especially the racism charge, which is nothing but libel.

It's not libel because there's strong evidence that shows he might just be racist. See above post, including links to white-supremacy groups.
No, there isn't. All there is is a few cherry picked quotes out of thousands of pages written over 20 years.

Death Metal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Death Metal » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:02 am

Fr33domland wrote:
Death Metal wrote:
No, there isn't. All there is is a few cherry picked quotes out of thousands of pages written over 20 years.

And the Anonymous discovery, that was just an accident?

Or when he reiterated things in these newsletters on public forum:

Paul also defended his claim, made in the same 1992 newsletter that “we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in [Washington, DC] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal” Paul told the Dallas Morning News the statistic was an “assumption” you can gather from published studies.

He also supported a claim on the swiftness of African-Americans by saying that's because they snatch purses and get away with it.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/ ... ?mobile=nc

And that doesn't sound at least questionable to you?

Fr33domland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Fr33domland » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:31 am

Death Metal wrote:
Paul also defended his claim, made in the same 1992 newsletter that “we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in [Washington, DC] are semi-criminal or entirely criminal” Paul told the Dallas Morning News the statistic was an “assumption” you can gather from published studies.

He also supported a claim on the swiftness of African-Americans by saying that's because they snatch purses and get away with it.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2011/ ... ?mobile=nc

And that doesn't sound at least questionable to you?
Bullshit. Show me the proof that he has made or defended these statements.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General